PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Interviews, jobs & sponsorship (https://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship-104/)
-   -   Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2018 (https://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/608204-aer-lingus-future-pilot-programme-2018-a.html)

Fostex 26th Apr 2018 12:14

Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2018
 
Now open...

https://www.aerlingus.com/careers/ca...lot-programme/

Crucially, it is airline funded

Do I have to pay for the training costs to complete the course?

- Confirmation of funding will be confirmed during the recruitment process. You will be responsible for any additional expenses incurred during the period of training. You should plan to have sufficient funds available to you for the period of the training.

Will there be an allowance paid while I am on pilot training course?

- Yes. Aer Lingus will provide a small allowance during the course.




thisishomebrand 26th Apr 2018 12:29

Looks like a good programme, can imagine the competition will be intense.

Wonder which flight school got the gig. Looks like selection is all in house.

gordonquinn 26th Apr 2018 13:09

Brilliant, thanks for sharing - agreed with the above that competition will be strong!

MaverickPrime 26th Apr 2018 14:14

Its interesting that there is no online form to fill out your qualifications, you just simply submit your CV. Are they really going to sift through 1000's of CVs?

thisishomebrand 26th Apr 2018 14:25

I think it just means there is more of a challenge to try and get across things such as motivation in your CV

Speedbird148 26th Apr 2018 14:27

Hats off to Aer Lingus once again.

Jaair 26th Apr 2018 16:05

Another step forward in the industry, amazing news.

AA5 Flyer 26th Apr 2018 16:35

Amazing opportunity! I hope they accept applicants who have already completed some of the ATPL exams

Iselbewohner 26th Apr 2018 17:45

I applied for that scheme two years ago, the following information is based on that, so no guaranty that it is still the same.

Selection was completely in house, which means done by AerLingus. They did not go through all the CVs but simply let everyone do a online compass test and after that reviewed the CVs of those shortlisted.
At the stage in Dublin we were told that there were about 3000 applications for 10 places, so itīs a bit competitive ;-)
Training was done at FTE in Spain until TR, which was done by AerLingus itself. Initial training, TR and allowance during training was paid for. So indeed hats off for that company.

Hope that helps.

PilotJamie 26th Apr 2018 18:48

Out of curiosity from reading the application page. Is this similar to the J2 apprentice scheme with Flight operations work on ground first? Apologies im not able to understand it currently.

thisishomebrand 26th Apr 2018 19:26


Originally Posted by PilotJamie (Post 10131019)
Out of curiosity from reading the application page. Is this similar to the J2 apprentice scheme with Flight operations work on ground first? Apologies im not able to understand it currently.

From reading it, I don't think it works like that. Looks to be start training in autumn with the target being to get you flying the jets by March/April 2020

PilotJamie 26th Apr 2018 19:57


Originally Posted by thisishomebrand (Post 10131058)
From reading it, I don't think it works like that. Looks to be start training in autumn with the target being to get you flying the jets by March/April 2020

Thanks for the response; 2020? What are you doing until then?

thisishomebrand 26th Apr 2018 20:03


Originally Posted by PilotJamie (Post 10131092)
Thanks for the response; 2020? What are you doing until then?

Well looks like the first 5 months is ATPL exams then working through your flight training. So 14 months from nothing to fATPL and type rating.

Diving_Aviator 26th Apr 2018 20:20


Originally Posted by thisishomebrand (Post 10131095)


Well looks like the first 5 months is ATPL exams then working through your flight training. So 14 months from nothing to fATPL and type rating.

As it also says accommodation on campus available it would not surprise me if it followed a mentored MPL program at FTE Jerez as it used to.

PilotJamie 26th Apr 2018 20:25

Right understood. Its a scheme for those without a licence. All the best to those going ahead for it. Heard fantastic reviews regarding the airline.

Lawrence2725 26th Apr 2018 20:26

Looks like a good opportunity to me, hopefully more of the industry will start to offer more favourable terms such as those offered by Aer Lingus with this scheme.

After going to Pilot Careers Live at Heathrow a couple of weeks ago, I was fairly disillusioned with the financial side of things (apart from the RAF). However, this seems like a step in the right direction; doing my application now!

Jaair 27th Apr 2018 08:14

Anyone else submitted the application and received the "Application submitted successfully. Due to technical difficulties we were unable to send you a confirmation email at this time." error?

Speed_Alive_V1 27th Apr 2018 10:22


Originally Posted by Jaair (Post 10131478)
Anyone else submitted the application and received the "Application submitted successfully. Due to technical difficulties we were unable to send you a confirmation email at this time." error?

Yes - nothing to worry about, I'm nearly sure the same thing happened last time around

FlyinErin 27th Apr 2018 10:54


Originally Posted by Jaair (Post 10131478)
Anyone else submitted the application and received the "Application submitted successfully. Due to technical difficulties we were unable to send you a confirmation email at this time." error?

Yup i got that message too.

Engine Ear 27th Apr 2018 15:42


Originally Posted by Iselbewohner (Post 10130961)
I applied for that scheme two years ago, the following information is based on that, so no guaranty that it is still the same.

Selection was completely in house, which means done by AerLingus. They did not go through all the CVs but simply let everyone do a online compass test and after that reviewed the CVs of those shortlisted.
At the stage in Dublin we were told that there were about 3000 applications for 10 places, so itīs a bit competitive ;-)
Training was done at FTE in Spain until TR, which was done by AerLingus itself. Initial training, TR and allowance during training was paid for. So indeed hats off for that company.

Hope that helps.


Thanks a lot for this info. Any chance you remember (if they told you) how much the allowance was?

Cheers.


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:17.


Copyright Đ 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.