Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2018

Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2018

Old 31st May 2018, 09:11
  #281 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: FL450
Posts: 314
Aer Lingus have no issue investing money in the right candidate , so a few hundred Euro is of no significance to them in the greater scheme. I would suggest however if your own personal finances allow to go and get a Class 1 Medical. There has been countless people who have had their commercial pilot dream ended before it started as they had an underlying condition that made it impossible to get a class 1. Before I began my training I got a Class 1 , was definitely worth the peace of mind going forward. The airline will be paying for your future Class 1 until the day you retire.
Best of luck to everybody going forward. It is a great Company to work for.
speed_alive_rotate is offline  
Old 31st May 2018, 12:21
  #282 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: London
Age: 28
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by speed_alive_rotate View Post
Aer Lingus have no issue investing money in the right candidate , so a few hundred Euro is of no significance to them in the greater scheme. I would suggest however if your own personal finances allow to go and get a Class 1 Medical. There has been countless people who have had their commercial pilot dream ended before it started as they had an underlying condition that made it impossible to get a class 1. Before I began my training I got a Class 1 , was definitely worth the peace of mind going forward. The airline will be paying for your future Class 1 until the day you retire.
Best of luck to everybody going forward. It is a great Company to work for.
Great insight, thanks a lot!

Gathering nobody has heard anything as of yet?
lagraf05 is offline  
Old 31st May 2018, 14:46
  #283 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by lagraf05 View Post
Great insight, thanks a lot!

Gathering nobody has heard anything as of yet?
Nothing yet :/
bastien98 is offline  
Old 31st May 2018, 21:30
  #284 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by lagraf05 View Post
Great insight, thanks a lot!

Gathering nobody has heard anything as of yet?
None yet, I would assume another 10 days before we start hearing anything from them. till then keep yourselves busy
Leonv108 is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2018, 02:23
  #285 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NORTHERN IRELAND
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by Leonv108 View Post
None yet, I would assume another 10 days before we start hearing anything from them. till then keep yourselves busy
Every day seems a lifetime now....but yes ...keeping ourselves busy is the only way to cope....
ana36 is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2018, 02:28
  #286 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NORTHERN IRELAND
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by Leonv108 View Post
None yet, I would assume another 10 days before we start hearing anything from them. till then keep yourselves busy
Hi all....the online assessment offered at the beginning the possibility of choosing the language ....did any of the applicants from other countries have chosen their own language or you did the test in English?thanks
ana36 is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2018, 10:04
  #287 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by ana36 View Post
Hi all....the online assessment offered at the beginning the possibility of choosing the language ....did any of the applicants from other countries have chosen their own language or you did the test in English?thanks
I did mine in English although it shouldn't matter which language it was done as long as you did well in the tests.
Leonv108 is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2018, 14:12
  #288 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NORTHERN IRELAND
Posts: 51
Smile

Originally Posted by Leonv108 View Post
I did mine in English although it shouldn't matter which language it was done as long as you did well in the tests.
Thank you Leonv108...i did mine in English too, even if i am romanian . I just found it strange to do it in romanian language considering Ireland is an English language country.....found it more challenging and more fun.
Just wanted to say that even if i don't know any of you guys of this forum i feel you very close....i feel we are in the same boat ....i can see you checking the mail many times per hour ,checking this forum ,running in your heads the assessment to see i you could do better ,hoping this is the right time...at leats this is what i do ..correct me if i'm wrong please...i say that if its meant to be , will be.....if it is not now will be one day as life in general is about getting up every time you fall...if its now even better .....some of you are not at the first trial and all my respect for not giving up.....before we all fligh high we must be with our feet on the ground ,realistic as this is an extremely hard competition ...on the other hand never stop dreaming, following our dream and never stop hoping ....good luck ...
ana36 is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2018, 18:08
  #289 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by ana36 View Post
Thank you Leonv108...i did mine in English too, even if i am romanian . I just found it strange to do it in romanian language considering Ireland is an English language country.....found it more challenging and more fun.
Just wanted to say that even if i don't know any of you guys of this forum i feel you very close....i feel we are in the same boat ....i can see you checking the mail many times per hour ,checking this forum ,running in your heads the assessment to see i you could do better ,hoping this is the right time...at leats this is what i do ..correct me if i'm wrong please...i say that if its meant to be , will be.....if it is not now will be one day as life in general is about getting up every time you fall...if its now even better .....some of you are not at the first trial and all my respect for not giving up.....before we all fligh high we must be with our feet on the ground ,realistic as this is an extremely hard competition ...on the other hand never stop dreaming, following our dream and never stop hoping ....good luck ...
Yeah thats the idea and spirit man. Just keep pushing for ever opportunity out there. Hopefully all goes well. Good luck to you too and for everyone over here
Leonv108 is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2018, 20:02
  #290 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NORTHERN IRELAND
Posts: 51
[QUOTE=Leonv108;10162610]Yeah thats the idea and spirit man. Just keep pushing for ever opportunity out there. Hopefully all goes well. Good luck to you too and for everyone over here[/QUO
I am glad you feel the same Leonv108...i think this forum is to support each other in a way and reduce stress...wanna laugh a bit..?......i did and it felt really good.....you said thats the ideea MAN ....point is that i am a woman ..hihihi....you were funny .....best of luck
ana36 is offline  
Old 4th Jun 2018, 00:50
  #291 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NORTHERN IRELAND
Posts: 51
Have you all left the forum?....anybody?.....
ana36 is offline  
Old 4th Jun 2018, 01:37
  #292 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 31
all here just going about lives
Leonv108 is offline  
Old 4th Jun 2018, 02:35
  #293 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NORTHERN IRELAND
Posts: 51
Ah that's good...me too on night shift pretending i forgot about AL....
ana36 is offline  
Old 4th Jun 2018, 10:53
  #294 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manchester
Posts: 84
I am still checking forum and email everyday. Canít be helped!!!
Slow Progress is offline  
Old 4th Jun 2018, 11:22
  #295 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NORTHERN IRELAND
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by Slow Progress View Post
I am still checking forum and email everyday. Canít be helped!!!
You and the rest of approx. 3000...wonder if there are more than 3000 applicants like in previous years....
ana36 is offline  
Old 4th Jun 2018, 11:29
  #296 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Italy
Posts: 3
Do any of you have any idea how many applicants get shortlisted and invited for a face to face interview?
Galliformes is offline  
Old 4th Jun 2018, 12:58
  #297 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by Slow Progress View Post
I am still checking forum and email everyday. Canít be helped!!!
cannot help but laugh at the accuracy of this. hang on. perhaps we can get some feedback a week from now.
Leonv108 is offline  
Old 4th Jun 2018, 17:31
  #298 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NORTHERN IRELAND
Posts: 51
Since 22nd ,when was the last extension,have passed 13 days....apparently we won't hear anything sooner than 3 weeks....will they start with the "thanks but no thanks " emails first?
ana36 is offline  
Old 4th Jun 2018, 22:26
  #299 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by ana36 View Post
Since 22nd ,when was the last extension,have passed 13 days....apparently we won't hear anything sooner than 3 weeks....will they start with the "thanks but no thanks " emails first?
yeah perhaps another week to go. Im not sure what goes we'll just have to see haha
Leonv108 is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2018, 10:34
  #300 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 72
Not sure what's worse - the waiting or the emails i get from AL which turn out to be adverts! Momentary excitement which rapidly fades away haha.
shamrock_f22 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.