Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Wizzair Pilot Academy

Old 17th Jun 2019, 09:31
  #101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Romania
Posts: 12
Cadet registration

Hey ladies and gents!
I have received my first email about the cadet program registration link with WizzAir. Any documentation needed? I wouldn't want to access it, they ask for documents or CV and I'm not prepared. Would be a big bummer. Help, please !
thanks a million!
RaluMih is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 12:39
  #102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere in the sky
Posts: 59
The program has changed the requirements, now they are accepting from all EU countries, this is from their website.
"You have unrestricted right to live, work and study in the European Union or in any Wizz Air base countries"
PilotRoger is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 12:53
  #103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: In the skies
Posts: 53
Oh great... When I was trying to apply, it was restricted to people holding Polish, Hungarian or Romanian citizenship only. 1.5 months after joining just a simple light school the Wizz academy is "open for everyone"
hid3 is offline  
Old 27th Jul 2019, 17:08
  #104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 39
WAPA assessment

Have anybody gone through the assessment recently?
if yes, please respond to my email [email protected]
any help will be appreciated
iandy912i is offline  
Old 8th Aug 2019, 05:11
  #105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Romania
Posts: 12
hid3;

Thanks very much for your detailed post, very useful. I have interview on the 8th of December and I wasn't sure which apps to use to prepare. I'll give a shot to Skytest and LPJ, eventually.
RaluMih is offline  
Old 8th Aug 2019, 07:05
  #106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Romania
Posts: 12
Hey ladies and gents, is there any cabin crew/ex cabin crew applied for the programme and could tell us if the assessment is different at all, as they've already been in the aviation industry? Maybe technical questions? Higher expectations from the interviewers?
RaluMih is offline  
Old 8th Aug 2019, 17:31
  #107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: .
Posts: 13
Hello everyone, does anyone know if you need a Hungarian Class 1 Medical to attend Trener and a Greek Class 1 Medical to attend Egnatia? Or can the Class 1 be from any country? Thanks!
boing797 is offline  
Old 8th Aug 2019, 18:53
  #108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by boing797 View Post
Hello everyone, does anyone know if you need a Hungarian Class 1 Medical to attend Trener and a Greek Class 1 Medical to attend Egnatia? Or can the Class 1 be from any country? Thanks!
Hi there,
You need a ĎClass 1 EASA Medical issued by your home country or country of the training providerí, it can be any country if it is EASA.
Pablopal is offline  
Old 8th Aug 2019, 18:54
  #109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by boing797 View Post
Hello everyone, does anyone know if you need a Hungarian Class 1 Medical to attend Trener and a Greek Class 1 Medical to attend Egnatia? Or can the Class 1 be from any country? Thanks!
any EU country
iandy912i is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2019, 13:01
  #110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by vermont View Post
How many people have actually been accepted? I live in the USA so it'd cost me $5000 to do assessment + medical but this program seems like a pipe dream for the most part.
itís unlikely for them to accept people from outside EU plus non-EU countries in which Wizz has bases
iandy912i is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2019, 13:16
  #111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: In the skies
Posts: 53
Yep, true. Because you must have full civil rights to freely live, work and travel accross EU without any restrictions. So basically this means you must be holding EU passport.
hid3 is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2019, 15:57
  #112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by hid3 View Post
Yep, true. Because you must have full civil rights to freely live, work and travel accross EU without any restrictions. So basically this means you must be holding EU passport.
not exactly that way. They also accept people for example from Ukraine and Macedonia. So Wizz is aimed to hire those from not very rich countries as far as i understand
iandy912i is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2019, 21:40
  #113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chișinău
Posts: 7
Hi! Does anyone knows some sites where I can train for my first math / phys. exams? Is the SkyTestģ Preparation Software for Middle East Pilot Screenings good to train my math / phys. ?

Also, are they really trying to help you there, instead of letting you fail?

Thanks!

Last edited by Dan G.; 15th Aug 2019 at 14:06.
Dan G. is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2019, 12:43
  #114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Romania
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by Dan G. View Post
Hi! Does anyone knows some sites where I can train for my first math / phys. exams? Is the SkyTestģ Preparation Software for Middle East Pilot Screenings good to train my math / phys. ?

Also, are they really trying to help you there, instead of letting you fail?

Thanks!
Skytest is a high recommendation, top 3 of the best ones, for WizzAir preparation, Middle East version does the job.

We all wish we knew if they actually try to help you during the assessments or not, and this we can only know from someone who's already been through the process and can give us some details.
RaluMih is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2019, 17:22
  #115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by RaluMih View Post
Skytest is a high recommendation, top 3 of the best ones, for WizzAir preparation, Middle East version does the job.

We all wish we knew if they actually try to help you during the assessments or not, and this we can only know from someone who's already been through the process and can give us some details.
with all the information i managed to gather from different sources iíve made a conclusion that they donít try to help nor make you fail, they just try to select those who fit their internal requirements and itís simple as that.
BTW, is there anybody having their assessment in November?
iandy912i is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2019, 17:58
  #116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chișinău
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by iandy912i View Post


with all the information i managed to gather from different sources iíve made a conclusion that they donít try to help nor make you fail, they just try to select those who fit their internal requirements and itís simple as that.
BTW, is there anybody having their assessment in November?
I was not talking about the interview. I was trying to find out if during the 2+ years training they will help you and guide you, instead of letting you fail the exams. We all know that there are 2 different types of teachers, the type that is doing their best to fail you, and the one that always help you, and even if you are not that great, they give you a pass mark.

Hope that you understood what I was trying to say. Thanks!

Last edited by Dan G.; 16th Aug 2019 at 20:11.
Dan G. is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2019, 22:25
  #117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Romania
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by iandy912i View Post


with all the information i managed to gather from different sources iíve made a conclusion that they donít try to help nor make you fail, they just try to select those who fit their internal requirements and itís simple as that.
BTW, is there anybody having their assessment in November?
There's a WhatsApp group opened for WizzAir applicants. If you wish to join drop me an email with your WhatsApp number at [email protected]
RaluMih is offline  
Old 17th Aug 2019, 07:22
  #118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Romania
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by Dan G. View Post
I was not talking about the interview. I was trying to find out if during the 2+ years training they will help you and guide you, instead of letting you fail the exams. We all know that there are 2 different types of teachers, the type that is doing their best to fail you, and the one that always help you, and even if you are not that great, they give you a pass mark.

Hope that you understood what I was trying to say. Thanks!
I think they have no interest to help anybody during the assessment, instead their interest is to choose the best ones, they will see whoever's suitable for the job, whoever has enough interest to study, enthusiasm, next to teamwork and cooperation. I trust they are experts on their field. Considering the huge amount of candidates, they have where to choose from and they will choose the best ones and I don't see why would they help anybody?
however, during the training the trainers will do their best to help the cadets, there is when their interest kicks in as they made a huge investment in the cadets and they will be the "teachers" who help and only then.
RaluMih is offline  
Old 18th Aug 2019, 07:33
  #119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: HU
Posts: 25
I can confirm no one will help you during the assessment (they won't try to make you fail either) - you simply need to do your best. During the training however you'll get loads of support if needed. Once you're in no one will be trying to stop your progress, after all ATOs will get full payment only if you complete the training so its not in their interest to make your life more difficult than it needs to be.
tlipiec is offline  
Old 18th Aug 2019, 10:55
  #120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by tlipiec View Post
I can confirm no one will help you during the assessment (they won't try to make you fail either) - you simply need to do your best. During the training however you'll get loads of support if needed. Once you're in no one will be trying to stop your progress, after all ATOs will get full payment only if you complete the training so its not in their interest to make your life more difficult than it needs to be.

hi there! Have you started your TR already?
iandy912i is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.