Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Wizzair Pilot Academy

Old 18th Aug 2020, 09:18
  #301 (permalink)  
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 410
Depends on what is written in that shiny contract you will sign before starting. You may be able to quit the course without any financial repercussions under certain limited circumstances, usually force majeure or non-compliance with the contract terms on part of the school. Or, alternatively, if the airline becomes unhappy with the school for whatever reason, they may pull out their cadets and transfer them to another ATO as they see fit. I've seen that happen, although with a Middle Eastern carrier and a school in a completely different part of Europe. The airline was not satisfied with the training delivery time line and decided to move their students somewhere where they could finish off quicker.
PilotLZ is offline  
Old 18th Aug 2020, 17:08
  #302 (permalink)  
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Oradea
Posts: 4
Maybe my question was confusing. I meant that when I applied in february, I checked "Any school" and Egnatia, Greece selected me. In the meantime, I realised that Trener, Hungary would suit me best so I would prefer them as they are closer to my hometown. So, the question was related to this: if I can move my application from Egnatia to Trener.
vladbalaban is offline  
Old 27th Aug 2020, 16:03
  #303 (permalink)  
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 2

Hi all,

Any guidance appreciated! The applications have reopened again from the 25th August. Does anyone have any idea what's going on 😂? Also if you do apply do you know how long it takes for the Academy to say if you've passed to next stage. As I'd hope it would be quick due to them having course start dates in October ...
James Bland is offline  
Old 28th Aug 2020, 19:40
  #304 (permalink)  
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 410
Everyone hopes that things go back to normal soon, but can you be certain that you will be able to get to the training location in October, given that Hungary are imposing another travel ban from 1 September? Or that initial flight training will be permitted by the local health authorities, given that it's not exactly an essential activity right now? As it stands now, many things are neither in the hands of the airline, nor in the hands of the ATO. I'm afraid that any forecasts about the next course date might no longer be valid by next week. If you manage to start - fantastic, but you also need to be prepared that it might not be a thing for some while. In either case, there will be some form of formal communication on the matter as soon as a decision is made.
PilotLZ is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2020, 15:51
  #305 (permalink)  
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Budapest
Posts: 3
Hi guys!

I'm trying to fill the application for the Pilot Academy program.The problem is that filling pilot scoring form and uploading flight crew license are mandatory to apply.As a person without previous pilot experience, i cannot do that so i cannot proceed.Have the requirements for applicants been changed?Or am i doing something wrong?

Thank you
argyrisrc4 is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2020, 23:05
  #306 (permalink)  
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Romania
Posts: 1

Hey, so I got accepted into Trener kft and I was wondering if anyone who is currently in the program or was in the program can tell me what textbooks they use so I can start reading up ahead of time
Dizo25 is offline  
Old 4th Sep 2020, 18:45
  #307 (permalink)  
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Budapest
Posts: 3
Guys did anyone manage to apply online?
I cannot do it.
argyrisrc4 is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2020, 16:27
  #308 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Italy
Posts: 1

I have the same problem, did you mange to solve it?
Robran is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2020, 23:34
  #309 (permalink)  
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Budapest
Posts: 3
Unfortunately not.I've sent them an email, but haven't received an answer so far
argyrisrc4 is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2020, 08:21
  #310 (permalink)  
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 410
Maybe contacting the school to ask if the programme is going ahead could shed some light on why? I wouldn't be surprised if applications have been temporarily suspended, maybe until next spring or so. Hungary is now subject to a travel ban, so travelling to Budapest for an assessment won't really be a possibility in the immediate future. In addition, Wizz air have just announced capacity reductions for the winter. Crews in some bases will be facing unpaid leave or part-time work for certain periods in the next 6 months. So, unfortunately, it's quite possible that ab-initio courses in the next couple of months have been postponed as well. But, as I previously said, you need to contact whoever is managing it to know for certain what's going on.
PilotLZ is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2020, 19:49
  #311 (permalink)  
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Moon
Posts: 6
Is the TR included in the marketed price, or is it on another contract ?
Cocorin is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.