Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Eurowings Europe F/O

Old 11th Jul 2019, 14:52
  #621 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: FL060
Posts: 137
Mental math, no paper. Some easy addition and subtraction, but also squaring and square roots, too. Check one of my previous posts for a link to a mental math practice web page.
cavok_flyer is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 07:52
  #622 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fl410
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by pdyy View Post
Is there any information on how long the current wait is for german speakers? When I had my interview with eurowings it sounded a lot like they didnt differentiate between german and non-german speakers.
They way I undestood it, they only have one "list" which you are put on. Whenever someone needs new FOs they just take the ones from the top of the list.
I may have interpreted that wrong tho.
i tried to reply to your PM, but you cant accept any.

One year ago, you had the opportunity to be put on a waiting list for all bases, or for 1 base in particular. You need to speak at least conversational German to receive a start date. I believe you need to pay for the German course but im not 100% sure about that.
sekmeth is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 08:52
  #623 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by sekmeth View Post

i tried to reply to your PM, but you cant accept any.

One year ago, you had the opportunity to be put on a waiting list for all bases, or for 1 base in particular. You need to speak at least conversational German to receive a start date. I believe you need to pay for the German course but im not 100% sure about that.
PM was full for some reason.
Anyway, the german wouldn't be a problem for me, as I am german. Do you by any chance have a rough figure of how long the wait is for german speakers?

========================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.
pdyy is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 15:41
  #624 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Mars
Posts: 10
How is the situation for non-German speaker actually ?
reading this thread nothing before December / January, I heard some mates of mine and the info looks reliable, does anybody have some further news ?
Hogos is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 15:45
  #625 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: World
Posts: 82
I think if you speak German you have a big advantage
BoeingLudo737 is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 17:43
  #626 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Cannes
Posts: 52
The situation for non-German speaker in EW Europe is absolutely fine.
It is a different story for EW Germany, candidates should speak German at a level (may be B1 but not sure at all) but EW Germany is off-topic here
RomanK is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2019, 10:22
  #627 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 61
Originally Posted by RomanK View Post
The situation for non-German speaker in EW Europe is absolutely fine.
It is a different story for EW Germany, candidates should speak German at a level (may be B1 but not sure at all) but EW Germany is off-topic here
Ok, good to know. Shouldn't be better for German speaker, due to the majority of hubs in german ?
I think we can only obtain PMI from eurowings europe, so wothout much choice.
Pinuz89 is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2019, 10:30
  #628 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 61
I was asking this because I imagine it should be easier to spread pilots around the 8 german bases, compared to a single hub in PMI and 2 in Austria.
Pinuz89 is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2019, 15:00
  #629 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: London
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by cavok_flyer View Post
Mental math, no paper. Some easy addition and subtraction, but also squaring and square roots, too. Check one of my previous posts for a link to a mental math practice web page.
Thanks Cavok. Would you advise brushing up on any other areas of math? I.e. did trigonometry / rules of three come up?

I'm also not sure how much physics to learn. Skytest (which I know you feel is overkill) seems to have a lot of areas in the physics section that wasn't mentioned on the EFA site (waves, maths, optics, magnetism, electricity, mechanics). There have been a few posts where people talk about their success at BQ, and they don't talk about physics at all.

Could anyone offer any guidance here? which areas of physics do we need to learn? Will we be asked to do complex calculations as well - i.e. use Bernoulli's Equation or Ideal Gas equations for the fluid and thermo dynamic sections? Or is it sufficient just to know the principles?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
RC
RC_92 is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2019, 08:58
  #630 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: FL060
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by RC_92 View Post
Thanks Cavok. Would you advise brushing up on any other areas of math? I.e. did trigonometry / rules of three come up?
Be fit with addition, subtraction of 4 digit numbers, squaring/power of three and roots of 3 digit numbers, percentages, fractions, and multpilying 3 digit numbers. The numbers flash on the screen and you have to remember them as well as the operation (+,-, *, / etc). It starts with easy with 2 digit numbers with multiple operations, and ends with more complicated numbers/actions. Also, there is a time limit to deal with Please note that I am currently doing a DLR prep and my memory may not be 100%. As I have previously posted, be fit with the example tests they provide. Some links that help(ed) me: Practice mental arithmetic http://burningmath.********.com/2013/09/extracting-square-roots-mentally-at.html
cavok_flyer is offline  
Old 19th Jul 2019, 13:13
  #631 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: spain
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by cavok_flyer View Post
Be fit with addition, subtraction of 4 digit numbers, squaring/power of three and roots of 3 digit numbers, percentages, fractions, and multpilying 3 digit numbers. The numbers flash on the screen and you have to remember them as well as the operation (+,-, *, / etc). It starts with easy with 2 digit numbers with multiple operations, and ends with more complicated numbers/actions. Also, there is a time limit to deal with Please note that I am currently doing a DLR prep and my memory may not be 100%. As I have previously posted, be fit with the example tests they provide.
Thanks Cavok_flyer

What about the Aviation Proficiency Test ? Is it tricky? About which subjects are they asking for? where should we start going over?

BTW, anyone is taking the test the 5th of August?
ALS1 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.