Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

HK Express

Old 6th Oct 2022, 17:46
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Vietnam
Posts: 84
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before Covid the HKE package was a little better than COS18 and they were afraid that after Cx bought the company they would be put on COS18.
However the pandemic completely obliterated HKE flying schedule to almost zero, so everyone was out on a much reduced package, figures very similar to mentioned above.
As they move out of the pandemic and into a more fruitful flying schedule it will be interesting to see what they do with the package. They will have to increase it to recruit expat candidates but they can’t return to what it was before as that is better than COS18 and you can’t have your LCC being better paid than the mainline.
Ecam321 is offline  
Old 6th Oct 2022, 19:34
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 3.5 from TD
Age: 46
Posts: 1,044
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekol delay View Post
And that's before spending your days off attending meaningless PCR tests
They are not meaningless, they are making some people extremely rich. And prolonging the charade is invaluable in controlling the good little sheep.
Sqwak7700 is offline  
Old 7th Oct 2022, 00:56
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Southern China
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rie View Post
Anyone know what GBA is paying?
5% less than HKE
Terrain Terrain is offline  
Old 7th Oct 2022, 05:35
  #24 (permalink)  
Rie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Wan Chai
Posts: 367
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5% lower at GBA makes you wonder what sort of power trip was on offer for the lads who made the move. It's unsustainable long term. We are talking the airline who's mainland brethren has dangled a carrot of 787's for years with no real expansion ever being seen.
Rie is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2022, 05:22
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When is the collective pilot strike coming? Since we are in a shitty Chinese state known as HK do we have the right to collectively not show up to work? The strikes have worked everywhere else around the world where pilots just refused to work for shitty conditions anymore. Those airlines were forced to raise renumeration packages back to the "market rate" 👍
Acepilothk99 is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2022, 05:36
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Acepilothk99 View Post
When is the collective pilot strike coming? Since we are in a shitty Chinese state known as HK do we have the right to collectively not show up to work? The strikes have worked everywhere else around the world where pilots just refused to work for shitty conditions anymore. Those airlines were forced to raise renumeration packages back to the "market rate" 👍
Surprisingly enough the freedom to strike is protected by Hong Kong basic law, as long as the strike is deemed to be legal. A strike will be legal as long as the protest is about issues relating to the terms and conditions of the employment.
Posterizing is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2022, 06:35
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Afganistan
Posts: 96
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cury Lamb is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2022, 16:37
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: HKG
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

You berate anyone interested in HKE, CX, GBA or AHK…..but you stay.
You b1tch and moan incessantly about CX…..but you stay.
You claim everyone’s resigning …..but you stay.
You loath your employer….but you stay.
You have lost 40-60% of your income…..but you stay.
You are going backwards financially…..but you stay.
Your so called freedoms and quality of live are eroded daily…..but you stay.
You actually enjoy that as crap as your life is, someone has it worse!

You CHOOSE to stay.
It’s about time you owned that choice.
I’m not sure its actually Stockholm Syndrome; you’re just too weak or scared to leave.
Perhaps your perceived identity or ego is just too tied up in the stripes on your shoulders.
News flash: No one cares

What’s most bizarre, and it always has been thus at CX, you actually believe that eventually it will get better and that your Management will miraculously see that the pilots were right all along.

Delusional hypocrisy at it finest.

OmegaTriple is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2022, 16:39
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Saigon
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rie View Post
5% lower at GBA makes you wonder what sort of power trip was on offer for the lads who made the move. It's unsustainable long term. We are talking the airline who's mainland brethren has dangled a carrot of 787's for years with no real expansion ever being seen.
I heard it around 50K HKD all inclusive plus a few hundred for flt pay + BOND (famous chinese BOND) .. not much. good luck for any expats bring up a family and kids.
MeLuvUlongtime is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2022, 21:14
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: HK
Posts: 84
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by OmegaTriple View Post
You berate anyone interested in HKE, CX, GBA or AHK…..but you stay.
You b1tch and moan incessantly about CX…..but you stay.
You claim everyone’s resigning …..but you stay.
You loath your employer….but you stay.
You have lost 40-60% of your income…..but you stay.
You are going backwards financially…..but you stay.
Your so called freedoms and quality of live are eroded daily…..but you stay.
You actually enjoy that as crap as your life is, someone has it worse!

You CHOOSE to stay.
It’s about time you owned that choice.
I’m not sure its actually Stockholm Syndrome; you’re just too weak or scared to leave.
Perhaps your perceived identity or ego is just too tied up in the stripes on your shoulders.
News flash: No one cares

What’s most bizarre, and it always has been thus at CX, you actually believe that eventually it will get better and that your Management will miraculously see that the pilots were right all along.

Delusional hypocrisy at it finest.
Jokes on you pal, I’ve been gone for months. I just love stirring the usual suspects on here for a late night laugh
cxflog is online now  
Old 9th Oct 2022, 13:50
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bottom of the Harbour
Posts: 365
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no expat recognition in the province of Hong Kong.

Any gweilos who persist with the contract are doing it for the belief that they are higher up the social status ladder maybe?

Hey, I can employ a DH who’s contract has more protections than COS21, but I still like all those people running around calling me Captain…anywhere else I get called ‘Bud,Mate or You’

KABOY is offline  
Old 9th Oct 2022, 20:30
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Oz
Posts: 257
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that makes it sadder flog, no jokes from where I’m sitting.

im glad Having left I now have better forms of entertainment late at night.

Oz2
Australia2 is offline  
Old 12th Oct 2022, 07:09
  #33 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: HK-CRoC
Posts: 750
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legal Strike ?

Originally Posted by Posterizing View Post
Surprisingly enough the freedom to strike is protected by Hong Kong basic law, as long as the strike is deemed to be legal. A strike will be legal as long as the protest is about issues relating to the terms and conditions of the employment.
Note to potential strikers; "you" have agreed to your current COS therefore a strike would be illegal.. Please don't tell me you're surprised at how CX works ?
Flex88 is offline  
Old 12th Oct 2022, 13:06
  #34 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: London
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flex88 View Post
Note to potential strikers; "you" have agreed to your current COS therefore a strike would be illegal.. Please don't tell me you're surprised at how CX works ?
no one agreed to do test and hold for free.
SabrinaSenior is offline  
Old 13th Oct 2022, 00:06
  #35 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: HK-CRoC
Posts: 750
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really

Originally Posted by SabrinaSenior View Post
no one agreed to do test and hold for free.
You basically have agreed to operating the aircraft for free and pay exorbitant housing, schooling & healthcare without assistance. That red line in the sand was crossed a long time ago, what's one more ask now ??
Apathy, the eighth deadly sin.......
Flex88 is offline  
Old 13th Oct 2022, 01:39
  #36 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: HK
Posts: 84
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Flex88 View Post
You basically have agreed to operating the aircraft for free and pay exorbitant housing, schooling & healthcare without assistance. That red line in the sand was crossed a long time ago, what's one more ask now ??
Apathy, the eighth deadly sin.......
You could tattoo it on their foreheads and they still wouldn’t listen…
cxflog is online now  
Old 14th Oct 2022, 04:04
  #37 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flex88 View Post
Note to potential strikers; "you" have agreed to your current COS therefore a strike would be illegal.. Please don't tell me you're surprised at how CX works ?
as much as I agree with the predicament that CX has often made "suspicious" interpretations of statements to suit themselves, from a judicial point of view it really isnt up to them to decide what is legal or not?
Posterizing is offline  
Old 15th Oct 2022, 16:55
  #38 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: HK-CRoC
Posts: 750
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ohhhhh

Originally Posted by posterizing View Post
as much as i agree with the predicament that cx has often made "suspicious" interpretations of statements to suit themselves, from a judicial point of view it really isnt up to them to decide what is legal or not?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣​​​​​​​🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣​​​​​​​🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣​​​​​​​🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣​​​​​​​🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣​​ ​​​​​🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣​​​​​​​🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Flex88 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.