Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

Contract Compliance Cancelled

Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

Contract Compliance Cancelled

Old 3rd Oct 2020, 09:41
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Earth Orbit
Posts: 34
Contract Compliance Cancelled

Cancelling Contract compliance means that we no longer have to comply with the Terms of our contract.
So why should the company comply with their side of the contract?
The free for all season has now started... Good luck, and God bless us all.

Angel 8 is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2020, 12:23
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hong kong
Posts: 17
To all those people who crossed the line you are infamous and never off the hook
smogluver is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2020, 12:25
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Honky
Posts: 169
Name one positive thing that contract compliance/ training ban achieved?
Xwindldg is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2020, 12:58
  #4 (permalink)  
Rie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Wan Chai
Posts: 32
Smoglover, just remember that a number of our illustrious Austronauts are those black listed from Australia and their 1989 issue.
Rie is online now  
Old 3rd Oct 2020, 13:04
  #5 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Earth Orbit
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by Xwindldg View Post
Name one positive thing that contract compliance/ training ban achieved?
Simple answer... very little, as we should've complied and stuck to contract from day 1 of our employment.
The flaw was the lack of ban on overtime. Had that been in place then we may have got something out of it.
Too late now. We just let it slip away. Shame really
Angel 8 is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2020, 21:12
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 416
Cancelling Contract compliance means that we no longer have to comply with the Terms of our contract.
Interesting take on that. I would have thought complying with the terms of your contract was a legal requirement, not dictated by a union leader.
OK4Wire is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2020, 22:09
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CLK
Posts: 340
When do we get new lanyards? Will they be “rainbow” coloured this time?
Farman Biplane is online now  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 02:20
  #8 (permalink)  
hyg
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: hong kong
Posts: 127
Talking

Originally Posted by Farman Biplane View Post
When do we get new lanyards? Will they be “rainbow” coloured this time?
isn't it Pink month??
hyg is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 05:14
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: one country, one system
Age: 52
Posts: 65
Take 25 % of your annual salary and have a good look at that number.

This is what the vote that lead to CC has cost you.

And counting.
Sam Ting Wong is online now  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 05:53
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: uk
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong View Post
Take 25 % of your annual salary and have a good look at that number.

This is what the vote that lead to CC has cost you.

And counting.
Sam. You can't say that BUT the percentage is about right.
unitedabx is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 07:15
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vermont
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong View Post
Take 25 % of your annual salary and have a good look at that number.

This is what the vote that lead to CC has cost you.

And counting.
Aaaaaand here we go again.
Sam, the guy, who is complaining about “tired old arguments” stating and assuming that the same group of people who fired 49 pilots, are complicit in 2 deaths, perjured themselves in court, violated multiple aspects of his contract, tore up your rostering practices, used and abused their pilots for decades would have paid him 25% more salary if we all would have just played nice.
STW, you are so full of it, and probably always will be.
Piet Lood is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 07:44
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Oztrailia
Posts: 2,838
Originally Posted by Rie View Post
Smoglover, just remember that a number of our illustrious Austronauts are those black listed from Australia and their 1989 issue.
No, not in the slightest bit correct and I was there in ‘89
ACMS is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 09:15
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: uk
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by ACMS View Post
No, not in the slightest bit correct and I was there in ‘89
As Jimmy Hoffer always said, "Once a scab, always a scab". But look what happened to Jimmy !
unitedabx is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 09:40
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: one country, one system
Age: 52
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by Piet Lood View Post
Aaaaaand here we go again.
Sam, the guy, who is complaining about “tired old arguments” stating and assuming that the same group of people who fired 49 pilots, are complicit in 2 deaths, perjured themselves in court, violated multiple aspects of his contract, tore up your rostering practices, used and abused their pilots for decades would have paid him 25% more salary if we all would have just played nice.
STW, you are so full of it, and probably always will be.
Piet, one question please. Did you join Cathay before or after the 49er incident?
Sam Ting Wong is online now  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 09:57
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vermont
Posts: 3
You know the answer to that question, or at least you should.
Your point?
Piet Lood is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 10:05
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: one country, one system
Age: 52
Posts: 65
No, I don't know the answer, which is why I am asking.

Sam Ting Wong is online now  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 10:26
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hong Kong, SAR.
Posts: 32
I think he means he’s from after. (Hence the defensiveness)
Oasis is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 12:56
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Polar Route
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong View Post
Piet, one question please. Did you join Cathay before or after the 49er incident?
What difference would that make? It happened. It was awful. It will forever stain CX. It is instructive about how we should view our employer. Yes, it was 19 years ago now. CX has changed, but I’m not sure for the better. The PR is slicker, but the core of the Company hasn’t changed all that much. You don’t have to be in CX for over two decades to know this.
cxorcist is online now  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 13:56
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: one country, one system
Age: 52
Posts: 65
I think you are both fully aware of the implications ;-)
Sam Ting Wong is online now  
Old 4th Oct 2020, 15:08
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: All over
Posts: 257
Originally Posted by unitedabx View Post
As Jimmy Hoffer always said, "Once a scab, always a scab". But look what happened to Jimmy !
Jimmy was right.

Although it's a little known fact that he lived well into old age mostly in a houseboat on Lake Erie graciously provided by Anthony Provenzano. With the agreement he keep a low profile.

He did have Elvis over a few times though.
Slasher1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.