Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

Losing recency

Old 27th Apr 2020, 05:45
  #41 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Posts: 813
If you didn't return a signed contract to the company, your employment was terminated. You had the choice to voluntarily resign, with a payout based on a formula. One or two of my friends chose that option. You could not just ignore the package and not submit a choice. No choice meant no job after 7 days.
mngmt mole is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2020, 06:57
  #42 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Gerloz
Posts: 301
Well now we have United’s input we can take that, discount it by around 150%, and then invite him to shove it up his chocolate starfish.
Education is now a local benefit as well so doubt that will be arbitrarily scrapped. Reduced perhaps; it is subject to an element of co pay as it stands anyway.
Admittedly I don’t think it will be pretty.
Salary and PF require our agreement. Whether they go down the ‘99 road and sign or be fired remains to be seen.
ARAPA. Yes suspect that will be revised downwards with individuals expected to pay more towards their accomm or mortgages. It’s been in their sights for ages and was a great gig whilst it lasted.
Globocnik is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2020, 07:19
  #43 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 60
Originally Posted by Globocnik View Post
Well now we have United’s input we can take that, discount it by around 150%, and then invite him to shove it up his chocolate starfish.
Education is now a local benefit as well so doubt that will be arbitrarily scrapped. Reduced perhaps; it is subject to an element of co pay as it stands anyway.
Admittedly I don’t think it will be pretty.
Salary and PF require our agreement. Whether they go down the ‘99 road and sign or be fired remains to be seen.
ARAPA. Yes suspect that will be revised downwards with individuals expected to pay more towards their accomm or mortgages. It’s been in their sights
for ages and was a great gig whilst it lasted.


”Letters in the mailbox by the end of March”


AllWobbly is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2020, 07:47
  #44 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Krug departure, Merlot transition
Posts: 547
For heaven’s sake everyone, just stop fear-mongering already and don’t do management’s job for them!

We shall see what we shall see, meanwhile stay calm and stay safe.
main_dog is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2020, 11:08
  #45 (permalink)  
okm
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by main_dog View Post
For heaven’s sake everyone, just stop fear-mongering already and don’t do management’s job for them!

We shall see what we shall see, meanwhile stay calm and stay safe.
best post so far.
okm is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2020, 14:55
  #46 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Asia
Posts: 124
Originally Posted by main_dog View Post
For heaven’s sake everyone, just stop fear-mongering already and don’t do management’s job for them!

We shall see what we shall see, meanwhile stay calm and stay safe.
Spot on. None of you have a clue what is coming so why post your theories here? Deal with whatever comes but no need to give management ideas.
Dilbert68 is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2020, 17:12
  #47 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: www
Posts: 525
And you seriously think that management haven't thought of every single scenario posted here, and a few others besides...? Ok. Good luck with that.
Apple Tree Yard is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2020, 17:22
  #48 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: HK-CRoC
Posts: 589
Originally Posted by Globocnik View Post
I think that your choice of “handle” rather invites ad hominem attacks. Sadly. Perhaps change it to “Gerald” ?
Not many will get that
Flex88 is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2020, 17:30
  #49 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: HK-CRoC
Posts: 589
Originally Posted by Dilbert68 View Post
Spot on. None of you have a clue what is coming so why post your theories here? Deal with whatever comes but no need to give management ideas.
1. It's a "Rumour" network !!
2. I think your go home and "Deal with whatever comes" strategy is one of the most pathetic I've ever heard.. Anyone who relies on that strategy should never be in a position of responsibility, professionally or personally !!



Flex88 is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2020, 01:46
  #50 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Gerloz
Posts: 301
Originally Posted by Flex88 View Post
Not many will get that

i thought they’d be reading more ? Lockdown etc ?
Globocnik is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2020, 03:12
  #51 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Asia
Posts: 124
Originally Posted by Flex88 View Post
1. It's a "Rumour" network !!
2. I think your go home and "Deal with whatever comes" strategy is one of the most pathetic I've ever heard.. Anyone who relies on that strategy should never be in a position of responsibility, professionally or personally !!
WTF are you going to do about it anyway Flex? You going to fight back? Yeah right, another spineless keyboard warrior.

No point in bleating on about it here you [email protected] When the attack comes, you either decide to stay or leave, simple.
Dilbert68 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.