Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

Airport closed

Old 14th Aug 2019, 13:01
  #41 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Starbear View Post
Well they have just announced firing of two pilots, no details on why but definitely linked to current situation.
Details why on HongKongFreePress.

Paul852 is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2019, 18:16
  #42 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Rockytop, Tennessee, USA
Posts: 4,860
They didn't have to look too hard to find the A350 SO that posted this picture on LIHKG. I'm sure the union will get his/her job back, right?


Airbubba is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2019, 18:27
  #43 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 27
Union versus Chinese Communist Party? Only one winner there.
Paul852 is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2019, 21:03
  #44 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Greener Pastures
Posts: 48
Interestingly, the desire of young Hong Kongers to be more free, may give the Chinese the very excuse they need to take control and make Hong Kong far less free.

Food for thought.
Roy De Kantzow is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2019, 23:47
  #45 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Oztrailia
Posts: 2,680
Originally Posted by Roy De Kantzow View Post
Interestingly, the desire of young Hong Kongers to be more free, may give the Chinese the very excuse they need to take control and make Hong Kong far less free.

Food for thought.
Agree........
ACMS is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2019, 13:18
  #46 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the twilight zone
Posts: 174
May be the best thing for HK would be to get its independence from China. But I think it won't be easy.
The Range is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2019, 14:09
  #47 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Asia
Posts: 100
Originally Posted by The Range View Post
May be the best thing for HK would be to get its independence from China. But I think it won't be easy.
Ha! That's a good one!!! The Chinese will never give up their stranglehold on Hong Kong. What's more, no foreign power will ever cross China in helping HK people achieve independence.
Dilbert68 is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2019, 14:22
  #48 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Polar Route
Posts: 1,816
Originally Posted by Dilbert68 View Post
Ha! That's a good one!!! The Chinese will never give up their stranglehold on Hong Kong. What's more, no foreign power will ever cross China in helping HK people achieve independence.
All true, but there could become an underground movement by the people of HK that fights hard against the Chinese for generations... Whether they would gain any traction and/or international support is impossible to know.
cxorcist is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2019, 15:09
  #49 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 27
Indeed - in much the same way that the Kennedys and other Irish-Americans funded the murderous IRA for decades, HK-Americans/HK-Canadians/etc could fund a HK guerrilla movement.

Last edited by Paul852; 15th Aug 2019 at 15:53.
Paul852 is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2019, 18:07
  #50 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Polar Route
Posts: 1,816
Originally Posted by Paul852 View Post
Indeed - in much the same way that the Kennedys and other Irish-Americans funded the murderous IRA for decades, HK-Americans/HK-Canadians/etc could fund a HK guerrilla movement.
Well, if it gets to that point, HK and CX really will be in trouble. Sadly, both sides are of the face saving culture, so a compromise will be difficult to achieve.
cxorcist is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.