Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

KA now the target

Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

KA now the target

Old 6th Feb 2019, 07:57
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: uk
Posts: 505
KA now the target

With no Plan B to address the CX No vote, CX management have now set their sights on KA. "Robbing Peter to pay Paul" is the obvious tactic and I feel sorry for all at KA who will now regret not standing shoulder to shoulder with their CX colleagues in December 2017. Good luck guys and gals.
unitedabx is offline  
Old 6th Feb 2019, 08:25
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: here
Posts: 25
More like robbing Peter to pay themselves!!
Kid Dynamite is offline  
Old 6th Feb 2019, 08:31
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: HK
Age: 49
Posts: 82
That's what I heard indeed,
Apparently KA pilots will be moved to that bad longhaul fleet and CX pilots will be sent to China in reeducation camp so they become more company oriented..
bacou is offline  
Old 6th Feb 2019, 09:01
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Krug departure, Merlot transition
Posts: 531


It would certainly fit with their “ beatings will continue until morale improves” credo!
main_dog is offline  
Old 6th Feb 2019, 11:49
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hong Kong, SAR.
Posts: 551
That being said, it is time dpa and aoa start working together more than before.
Oasis is online now  
Old 6th Feb 2019, 12:10
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 93
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
That being said, it is time dpa and aoa start working together more than before.
No point until everyone is on the same contract.
GMEDX is offline  
Old 6th Feb 2019, 12:37
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hong Kong, SAR.
Posts: 551
Originally Posted by GMEDX View Post

No point until everyone is on the same contract.
There are so many different contacts, I guess we must have a different union for all of them then.
Can you not see how that is not in our best interest?
Oasis is online now  
Old 6th Feb 2019, 12:54
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 93
Nope I canít. We are a more cohesive work force with a single base. Most of us are really not interested in the AoA or their internal fighting. Weíd rather stick to our own problems thank you.
GMEDX is offline  
Old 6th Feb 2019, 13:43
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: here
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by unitedabx View Post
With no Plan B to address the CX No vote, CX management have now set their sights on KA. "Robbing Peter to pay Paul" is the obvious tactic and I feel sorry for all at KA who will now regret not standing shoulder to shoulder with their CX colleagues in December 2017. Good luck guys and gals.
Jeez you spread some bullshit. You're about 2 posts away from the block list. Professional troll.
Example one of many:
Originally Posted by unitedabx View Post
Vote NO and watch the sandcastle collapse. The DFO and GMA get their marching orders within 24 hours. Thats got to be worth 1% surely.
Will IB Fayed is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2019, 15:50
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 19
December 2017? Can you enlighten us what happened united?
MPPCAG is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 07:09
  #11 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: uk
Posts: 505
Originally Posted by MPPCAG View Post
December 2017? Can you enlighten us what happened united?
All CX captains were excluded from the 13th month bonus.
unitedabx is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 08:34
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 49
Posts: 22
And United... what would you expect us to have done? Please enlighten me....
sergiokl is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 08:40
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Eden Valley
Posts: 1,754
United

KA Pilots did exactly what you did ...... nothing !
Gnadenburg is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 09:13
  #14 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: uk
Posts: 505
Originally Posted by sergiokl View Post
And United... what would you expect us to have done? Please enlighten me....
I would have hoped perhaps a little more compassion but oh no. So many KA drivers sat smuggling on the DB bus rubbing their hands and counting their money. In fairness the Cx AND KA cabin crew suggested the 13th month be pooled by all employees and divided equally amongst everyone. This idea was very honourable and the gesture very much appreciated by the CX captains. One group did not associate itself with it, the KA pilots.
Well I guess the boot is on the other foot now. Swires have their sights on you guys now. Good luck with that.
unitedabx is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 09:17
  #15 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: uk
Posts: 505
Originally Posted by Gnadenburg View Post
United

KA Pilots did exactly what you did ...... nothing !
You say we did nothing yet 12 months later an overwhelming vote has forced management onto the backfoot. Witholding the 13th month from the CX captains was a catalyst for all CX pilots to wake up and see the truth. CX pilots have sent a strong message. Management will now focus on you guys. I repeat GOOD LUCK to you and your 0%.
unitedabx is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 10:07
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 49
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by unitedabx View Post
I would have hoped perhaps a little more compassion but oh no. So many KA drivers sat smuggling on the DB bus rubbing their hands and counting their money. In fairness the Cx AND KA cabin crew suggested the 13th month be pooled by all employees and divided equally amongst everyone. This idea was very honourable and the gesture very much appreciated by the CX captains. One group did not associate itself with it, the KA pilots.
Well I guess the boot is on the other foot now. Swires have their sights on you guys now. Good luck with that.
I donít live in DB and cannot speak for DB people! I for myself can only say it was wrong what happened, but I donít think there is anything we could have done... our 13th month is contractual. Itís there and as long as we have this contract, it will be... and I still donít know what you want from us! Ever since we sign on in CX I fell unwelcomed like a bad seed... but luckily I just donít care! Management thinks we are a big happy family!! We all know we are not! The thing is, I donít expect anything from CX guys and I never will.
sergiokl is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 10:20
  #17 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: uk
Posts: 505
Originally Posted by sergiokl View Post


I donít live in DB and cannot speak for DB people! I for myself can only say it was wrong what happened, but I donít think there is anything we could have done... our 13th month is contractual. Itís there and as long as we have this contract, it will be... and I still donít know what you want from us! Ever since we sign on in CX I fell unwelcomed like a bad seed... but luckily I just donít care! Management thinks we are a big happy family!! We all know we are not! The thing is, I donít expect anything from CX guys and I never will.
I would hope as fellow pilots we would treat eachother with mutual respect and friendship. Sorry you feel unwelcome at flight dispatch in CX City. It was your FOP management that signed up to it.
Next time you're at work I hope the hand of friendship will be offered and professional courtesy excercised by all.
unitedabx is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 10:52
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: HK
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by unitedabx View Post
You say we did nothing yet 12 months later an overwhelming vote has forced management onto the backfoot. Witholding the 13th month from the CX captains was a catalyst for all CX pilots to wake up and see the truth. CX pilots have sent a strong message. Management will now focus on you guys. I repeat GOOD LUCK to you and your 0%.
An empty and unprovable statement. Correlation is not causation.

Careful guys & gals, I think United has some sort of M.O.
Some posts are very anti-management but others stink of divide & conquer tactics, almost like coming from management.

Beware of the Unscrupulous.
BBN RADAR is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 13:30
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: HK-CRoC
Posts: 567
Unwelcome ?

Originally Posted by sergiokl View Post


I don’t live in DB and cannot speak for DB people! I for myself can only say it was wrong what happened, but I don’t think there is anything we could have done... our 13th month is contractual. It’s there and as long as we have this contract, it will be... and I still don’t know what you want from us! Ever since we sign on in CX I fell unwelcomed like a bad seed... but luckily I just don’t care! Management thinks we are a big happy family!! We all know we are not! The thing is, I don’t expect anything from CX guys and I never will.
Shit, "You Feel Unwelcome at CX", what a jackass.. CX flight crew feel unwelcome at sign on.. Just what is it you don't get ???
Flex88 is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2019, 01:16
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Krug departure, Merlot transition
Posts: 531
Flex, precisely because they are just getting used to the trademark CX unwelcoming attitude towards crew (while we, sadly, fully expect it) means there’s no need to be unfriendly, they’re in our same boat.

We are all in the same bloody boat, some issued with red oars, some green. Sooner we realise this and start acting in unison, the better for us.
main_dog is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.