Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

Secret recording

Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

Secret recording

Old 12th Nov 2018, 10:46
  #41 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 622
Freehills - unitedabx said he made up the names - cause if he used the real ones they would be linched(sic)
Numero Crunchero is offline  
Old 12th Nov 2018, 20:00
  #42 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 290
I think that "Unitedabx" is an attempt at a Russian-esque misinformation campaign - managed by whom, I leave that up to you. Snippets of reality interspersed with loads of BS, blatant lies and malicious intent. Note that all "he" spreads on here is destabilising pilots, our union and our unity, at a time when it needs to be strengthened. Not one of his predictions have been shown to be correct, but have surely caused some here to wrongly start doubting the correct side of the argument.
Ex Douglas Driver is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2018, 01:21
  #43 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: uk
Posts: 512
Originally Posted by Ex Douglas Driver View Post
I think that "Unitedabx" is an attempt at a Russian-esque misinformation campaign - managed by whom, I leave that up to you. Snippets of reality interspersed with loads of BS, blatant lies and malicious intent. Note that all "he" spreads on here is destabilising pilots, our union and our unity, at a time when it needs to be strengthened. Not one of his predictions have been shown to be correct, but have surely caused some here to wrongly start doubting the correct side of the argument.
Last year I predicted

1. No 13th month for captains
2. Early departure of AT
3. New contract for new joiners
4. Collapse of CMP
5. KA training ban


Not bad !!!!!
unitedabx is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2018, 09:59
  #44 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 290
Originally Posted by unitedabx View Post
Last year I predicted

1. No 13th month for captains
2. Early departure of AT
3. New contract for new joiners
4. Collapse of CMP
5. KA training ban


Not bad !!!!!
1. Your current account has a joining date of Jul 2018. Explain how you made this prediction for an event that occurred in Dec 2017?
2. You first post was Aug 2018. AT had left by mid Jul 2018
3. The new CoSXX (insert year of choice) had been rumoured on flight decks and leaked by the 3rd floor for years. No exclusivity on that one.
4. Debatable whether it's "collapsed". I'd agree that it doesn't seem to be going our way in for the JCR portion - the usual "no soup for you" CX gameplan. Came as no surprise to anyone who's been here for more than 5 minutes
5. KA training ban. Can't be bothered searching back through your posts, but the prediction was 50/50 and it isn't voted in yet.
Ex Douglas Driver is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2018, 11:10
  #45 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: England
Posts: 579
Originally Posted by Ex Douglas Driver View Post
I think that "Unitedabx" is an attempt at a Russian-esque misinformation campaign - managed by whom, I leave that up to you. Snippets of reality interspersed with loads of BS, blatant lies and malicious intent. Note that all "he" spreads on here is destabilising pilots, our union and our unity, at a time when it needs to be strengthened. Not one of his predictions have been shown to be correct, but have surely caused some here to wrongly start doubting the correct side of the argument.
The very same thought had struck me, very bot-like behaviour... says he’s from UK but sending a boat to Oz... best mates with boss of TUI...
Kitsune is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2018, 13:15
  #46 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: B050 No SAR No Details
Posts: 30
Same strange things happening when you look at LessonLearnt. His profile has him/her as joining 13 Oct 2018 and somehow the system hasn't registered any of his 38 posts as being attributable to him.

It's got to be the Chinese arm of Swire's at work hacking the forum.
mothy1583 is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2018, 14:30
  #47 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: uk
Posts: 512
You guys honestly. You are amateurs in the world of online chat and blogging. Amateurs. You change your ATM password every few months don't you. No. Then you are idiots. Even the banks tell you to. So I and others change our names. FFS wake up.

Last edited by unitedabx; 13th Nov 2018 at 14:31. Reason: spelling
unitedabx is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2018, 17:21
  #48 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: England
Posts: 579
Originally Posted by unitedabx View Post
You guys honestly. You are amateurs in the world of online chat and blogging. Amateurs. You change your ATM password every few months don't you. No. Then you are idiots. Even the banks tell you to. So I and others change our names. FFS wake up.
Misdirection again... (and who the hell uses cash anymore anyway...?)...
Kitsune is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2018, 00:21
  #49 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Krug departure, Merlot transition
Posts: 535
main_dog is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2018, 07:21
  #50 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: uk
Posts: 512
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post


Misdirection again... (and who the hell uses cash anymore anyway...?)...
Depends on what you're buying and who you want to let know you are spending. Cash is king remember and every electromic transfer is traceable.
unitedabx is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2018, 14:51
  #51 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Polar Route
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by unitedabx View Post
Depends on what you're buying and who you want to let know you are spending. Cash is king remember and every electromic transfer is traceable.
This is true, but “cash is king” does not refer to actual hard currency; rather it is not having to bank finance purchases or liquidate assets. Using a credit card may be unwise for various reasons, but “cash is king” is not one of them. Many people use them simply for convenience, like the Octopus card. You really are not the brightest UABX. I really hope I never get you in my cockpit.
cxorcist is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2018, 22:09
  #52 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 396
Cash is king because it is private.

Anything electronic essentially requires .gov approval (passive or otherwise).
OK4Wire is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2018, 00:21
  #53 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Polar Route
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by OK4Wire View Post
Cash is king because it is private.

Anything electronic essentially requires .gov approval (passive or otherwise).
I don’t disagree about the privacy issue, but the phrase “cash is king” refers to the following...

"Cash is king" is an expression sometimes used in analyzing businesses or investment portfolios. It may refer to the importance of cash flow in the overall fiscal health of a business. For investors it may also describe times when it is advantageous to have a large percentage of cash or short-term debt instruments available either due to falling financial markets or due to the availability of investment opportunities.

The phrase was a favorite of Alex Spanos and has sometimes appeared in Motley Fool articles and commentaries. It describes the importance of sufficient cash as an asset in the business for short term operations, purchases and acquisitions. A company could have a large amount of accounts receivables on its balance sheet which would also increase equity, but the company could still be short on cashwith which to make purchases, including paying wages to workers for labor. Unless it was able to convert its accounts receivable and other current assets to cash quickly, it could fail and be technically bankrupt despite a positive net worth.

The origin of ”cash is king” is not clear. It was used in 1988, after the global stock market crash in 1987, by Pehr G. Gyllenhammar, who at the time was Chief Executive Officer of Swedish car group Volvo.

The phrase was widely used during the global financial crisis, which started in the fall of 2008. In the recession which followed the financial crisis, the phrase was often used to describe companies which could avoid share issues or bankruptcy. ”Cash is king” is relevant also to households, i.e., to avoid foreclosures.


... Notice how privacy is NOT the issue to which this phrase is relevant. When pilots misuse terms like this, we just look dumb to those in finance and indeed those executives “leading” CX. It’s akin to bad grammar.

cxorcist is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2018, 06:01
  #54 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: uk
Posts: 512
Originally Posted by cxorcist View Post


I don’t disagree about the privacy issue, but the phrase “cash is king” refers to the following...

"Cash is king" is an expression sometimes used in analyzing businesses or investment portfolios. It may refer to the importance of cash flow in the overall fiscal health of a business. For investors it may also describe times when it is advantageous to have a large percentage of cash or short-term debt instruments available either due to falling financial markets or due to the availability of investment opportunities.

The phrase was a favorite of Alex Spanos and has sometimes appeared in Motley Fool articles and commentaries. It describes the importance of sufficient cash as an asset in the business for short term operations, purchases and acquisitions. A company could have a large amount of accounts receivables on its balance sheet which would also increase equity, but the company could still be short on cashwith which to make purchases, including paying wages to workers for labor. Unless it was able to convert its accounts receivable and other current assets to cash quickly, it could fail and be technically bankrupt despite a positive net worth.

The origin of ”cash is king” is not clear. It was used in 1988, after the global stock market crash in 1987, by Pehr G. Gyllenhammar, who at the time was Chief Executive Officer of Swedish car group Volvo.

The phrase was widely used during the global financial crisis, which started in the fall of 2008. In the recession which followed the financial crisis, the phrase was often used to describe companies which could avoid share issues or bankruptcy. ”Cash is king” is relevant also to households, i.e., to avoid foreclosures.


... Notice how privacy is NOT the issue to which this phrase is relevant. When pilots misuse terms like this, we just look dumb to those in finance and indeed those executives “leading” CX. It’s akin to bad grammar.

It was first used in the US during the Great Depression.
unitedabx is offline  
Old 26th Nov 2018, 16:54
  #55 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: overthere
Posts: 2,880
“Cash is king” is a very cool saying .So is “lock up your daughters” . Although the later saying seems more appropriate when United is around.

Name changed of course to prevent him being lynched by parents .
donpizmeov is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2018, 10:53
  #56 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NZ
Posts: 97
Unitedqbx,

Quite simply you are an idiot.
iflyplanes is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2018, 14:21
  #57 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Shh..
Posts: 34
Do you mean a HK recording or a Saudi recording?
carolknows is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2018, 14:55
  #58 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Posts: 749
....this thread is becoming very boring.....🙄
mngmt mole is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.