Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

Bases are history

Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

Bases are history

Old 28th Mar 2018, 20:16
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: HKG
Posts: 184
Bases are history

Had my Fleet Forum recently. Austin Powers asked when bases would open. He replied never, basing wont happen.

So if you think the company is waiting for the CMP to tell them how to base, you are dreaming. The company knows that bases save them money, but they loose too much control. They are too immoral to comply with 1st world labour laws.

Talk of bases been reviewed once the CMP is in place is just more BS to keep our hopes up and stem the rush to the exit door.

The CMP is all about the company getting more for less. If you think your rosters are bad, just wait to be optimised. Just ask the 747 crews.

Air NZ has the Jepp package. The crew call the optimiser 'The Sodomiser'.

Austin will be DFO within 3 months. AT to be promoted away from her complete failure.

Last edited by controlledrest; 28th Mar 2018 at 20:53.
controlledrest is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 02:46
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hong Kong, SAR.
Posts: 15
Maybe I don’t hang with the hip crowd, but who the hell is austin powers in this story..
Oasis is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 02:50
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: up here, everyone looks like ants!
Posts: 955
Look up Mr Ed the talking horse. Might be a clue.
Cpt. Underpants is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 04:22
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bouvet Island
Posts: 110
And you needed Austin Powers to tell you bases were history? I’m not super quick on the uptake but...
plainpilot11 is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 05:11
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Oztrailia
Posts: 2,802
I call more bs. Sorry but you think a third floor manager that loves his job would admit to that. Sure.

It may well be true but I still don’t believe they would openly go against the party line.

Nice wind up but no Cigar.
ACMS is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 14:29
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nippi
Posts: 235
Originally Posted by ACMS View Post
I call more bs. Sorry but you think a third floor manager that loves his job would admit to that. Sure.

It may well be true but I still don’t believe they would openly go against the party line.

Nice wind up but no Cigar.
When they came for my neighbors. I closed my door. I said, ACMS they will never come for you.
That is how I now sit in 500 sqft in Tung Chung.
The true life story of deniers. Airs on the BBC Thursday evening at 1900.
DropKnee is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 15:03
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: HK-CRoC
Posts: 608
Bases

When CMP is up and running we will review bases = "Fake News"

The bozo's on the 3rd floor have even less credence that the news anchors on CNN, that is, ≤0 ......
Flex88 is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 17:00
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,544
Basically, anything told to us by management can be assumed to be a lie. That philosophy has served me well for the past 20 years. Anyone who thinks there is even the remotest chance of a stable career here is sadly deluded. Get out while you still maintain your sanity. This place will corrode every aspect of your being. Guaranteed.
Trafalgar is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 18:25
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Polar Route
Posts: 2,042
Originally Posted by Curtain rod View Post
Dumbass, CMP is up and running.

The threat of the 747 wasn't enough to wake you up?

Wait for it.
JCP (pattern optimizer) is up and running on the 747 and at KA. Two more fleets to go...

JCR (PBS) is nowhere close. I wonder if it will ever come or if that’s just more “pie in the sky” from Management.
cxorcist is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 20:04
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,544
Originally Posted by cxorcist View Post
JCP (pattern optimizer) is up and running on the 747 and at KA. Two more fleets to go...

JCR (PBS) is nowhere close. I wonder if it will ever come or if that’s just more “pie in the sky” from Management.


"pie in the sky".... I know where I would put my money! (...of course, not my 'bonus' money...)
Trafalgar is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 20:07
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: HK-CRoC
Posts: 608
Dumbass ??

Originally Posted by Curtain rod View Post
Dumbass, CMP is up and running.

The threat of the 747 wasn't enough to wake you up?

Wait for it.
Is it up and running on Airbus ?, how bout 777 fleet ?? How bout the PBS module?
Did I miss something? Has my life gotten better without me knowing ?
Flex88 is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 20:11
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Polar Route
Posts: 2,042
Originally Posted by Flex88 View Post
Is it up and running on Airbus ?, how bout 777 fleet ?? How bout the PBS module?
Did I miss something? Has my life gotten better without me knowing ?
Your life will get worse, not better, once the “sodomizer” is used on your schedule. Of that you can rest assured, and you will definitely notice.
cxorcist is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 20:11
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,544
I have to say however, this story doesn't pass the 'smell test'. I can't see any senior manager confirming there will be no more bases. That would undermine the 'Big Lie' they are desperately using to try and keep people from leaving.
Trafalgar is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 20:55
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CLK
Posts: 315
PBS will never be funded/approved by the accountants. They will reap their efficiency gain$ from the optimiser and then amazingly the CMP will be called a success and the implementation team disbanded.
Farman Biplane is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 21:50
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,544
....this company is so . Anyone who doesn't make efforts to escape deserves their fate.
Trafalgar is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 21:52
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,544
It's not like there are only a couple of things wrong with CX. EVERYTHING is wrong, in every area. It's actually hard for me to comprehend how a company that once represented the best career in aviation has morphed into arguably the worst airline to work for on planet earth. And even more incomprehensible, is how our management think they are 'industry leading', even as Rome burns....
Trafalgar is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 22:09
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Polar Route
Posts: 2,042
Originally Posted by Trafalgar View Post
It's not like there are only a couple of things wrong with CX. EVERYTHING is wrong, in every area. It's actually hard for me to comprehend how a company that once represented the best career in aviation has morphed into arguably the worst airline to work for on planet earth. And even more incomprehensible, is how our management think they are 'industry leading', even as Rome burns....
In their defense, haven’t heard them claim to be ‘industry leading’, at least not for a very long time. They do, however, claim to be a ‘career airline’ which is absolutely not the case for those joining since the GFC. They are rapidly taking those who joined before the GFC and destroying those ‘careers’ as well.
cxorcist is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 23:37
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: nfa
Posts: 123
The JCR will eventually show up because CX desperately wants power by the hour. The optimizer will never give everybody the same hours every month across every fleet. CX only wants to pay for the 70 hrs a lot of guys actually fly - even if it takes 20 days to get it. They will fight tooth and nail against min credits and daily duty rigs to ensure their bonuses. The only question is whether there will still be an Airline to fly for by the time it shows up.
bm330 is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2018, 00:05
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,544
Originally Posted by cxorcist View Post
In their defense, haven’t heard them claim to be ‘industry leading’, at least not for a very long time. They do, however, claim to be a ‘career airline’ which is absolutely not the case for those joining since the GFC. They are rapidly taking those who joined before the GFC and destroying those ‘careers’ as well.
Cxorcist, knowing the appalling arrogance of the Swire's, do you not suspect that they do indeed think of themselves as 'industry leading'...? As the good book says, 'pride goeth before the fall'. These people think they can do anything, get away with anything and not suffer any consequences. Time to change that paradigm.
Trafalgar is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2018, 00:37
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Polar Route
Posts: 2,042
Originally Posted by Trafalgar View Post
Cxorcist, knowing the appalling arrogance of the Swire's, do you not suspect that they do indeed think of themselves as 'industry leading'...? As the good book says, 'pride goeth before the fall'. These people think they can do anything, get away with anything and not suffer any consequences. Time to change that paradigm.
The problem is that all the employees go with them when they finally pack it in, which is well within the realm of possibility. I really think they have no idea how to run an airline in a competitive environment. They were “great” in the monopoly days, but those are over.

Every time they have seen a crisis (Gulf War, 9/11, SARS, GFC, etc.), they run like squealing pigs to the employees for concessions. Always crying wolf... Then, they generate their own crisis with a gargantuan, losing fuel hedge, and they do the same. Is it any wonder that the employees aren’t running for cover? They’ve seen this song and dance before, and whose fault is it anyways? Certainly not ours!

Those poor office rats that got sacked were just window dressing. They make no substantive difference to the bottom line. In reality, they had to lose their jobs so the rest of us would know the Management is serious this time. Well, I’m not impressed. The Company’s fortunes have turned. They gave 13th month and pay raises to most. The rest is just smoke and mirrors.

Sure, they take draconian actions sometimes just to show who is in charge, but I just don’t care anymore. The job isn’t worth having if they cut it any further. Want to close bases? Fine, a bunch more leave. Want to steal away housing? Fine, that many more leave. Want to ignore seniority? Go ahead, so many have already left over this issue and others.

Basically, there is no juice left in the orange to squeeze. There just isn’t very far to fall from here. Sure, applying for new jobs is a pain in the backside, but we’ve all done it before and can do it again. So go ahead AT and RH, cut off your ugly noses just to spite your face. Idiots!!!
cxorcist is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.