PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bases are history
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2018, 00:37
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trafalgar
Cxorcist, knowing the appalling arrogance of the Swire's, do you not suspect that they do indeed think of themselves as 'industry leading'...? As the good book says, 'pride goeth before the fall'. These people think they can do anything, get away with anything and not suffer any consequences. Time to change that paradigm.
The problem is that all the employees go with them when they finally pack it in, which is well within the realm of possibility. I really think they have no idea how to run an airline in a competitive environment. They were “great” in the monopoly days, but those are over.

Every time they have seen a crisis (Gulf War, 9/11, SARS, GFC, etc.), they run like squealing pigs to the employees for concessions. Always crying wolf... Then, they generate their own crisis with a gargantuan, losing fuel hedge, and they do the same. Is it any wonder that the employees aren’t running for cover? They’ve seen this song and dance before, and whose fault is it anyways? Certainly not ours!

Those poor office rats that got sacked were just window dressing. They make no substantive difference to the bottom line. In reality, they had to lose their jobs so the rest of us would know the Management is serious this time. Well, I’m not impressed. The Company’s fortunes have turned. They gave 13th month and pay raises to most. The rest is just smoke and mirrors.

Sure, they take draconian actions sometimes just to show who is in charge, but I just don’t care anymore. The job isn’t worth having if they cut it any further. Want to close bases? Fine, a bunch more leave. Want to steal away housing? Fine, that many more leave. Want to ignore seniority? Go ahead, so many have already left over this issue and others.

Basically, there is no juice left in the orange to squeeze. There just isn’t very far to fall from here. Sure, applying for new jobs is a pain in the backside, but we’ve all done it before and can do it again. So go ahead AT and RH, cut off your ugly noses just to spite your face. Idiots!!!