Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Freight Dogs
Reload this Page >

Howz Cougar Doing??

Wikiposts
Search
Freight Dogs Finally a forum for those midnight prowler types who utilise the unglamorous parts of airports that many of us never get to see. Freight Dogs is for pilots and crew who operate mostly without SLF.

Howz Cougar Doing??

Search this Thread

Old 4th Jun 2002, 09:40
Oops pardon me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howz Cougar Doing??

Any input from you Cougar guys? Saw all three of yer bombers parked up at Stansted the other week.......have you got much work? Hope the Super can find a hole to fill.

I know if anyone can make it work then Keith Newnham can as he can sure stand up to the bureaucrats and red tape artists.

Personally I think the Super Twentyseven makes far better economic sense especially in the cargo game than those plastic 757s. Go on Keith ......make it work.........go and buy a load more.......there has never been a better time to pick up a low time well maintained machine from one of the big US boys.
Stuff the European airport noise winge......Stage three is the rules at the moment so lets operate within them until stage 4 comes out.

And all you 757 fans out there.......well its an awful lot more dosh and outlay for a plane that only carries two more bins......stick with the queen of the skies and she wont let yer down!
Old 4th Jun 2002, 09:45

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cougar

Yeah very true coopervane, great machines.

Over to you the Quiet Cats
Old 4th Jun 2002, 18:46

What's needed now is work for the pax a/c for the winter otherwise I can see a hole appearing in the side....... I hear though that Mr N is looking at converting it to VIP config, fitting aux tanks and offering it out in the biz jet market. Diverse idea, it may or may not work..... time will tell. Good move though to not get the 757.
Old 7th Jun 2002, 21:14

Question

Does the super 727 meet the requirements of stage 3.

Maybe if the rumour mentioned in

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...threadid=55830[/URL]

has some truth it could be a blocker for this type of company
Old 7th Jun 2002, 21:54

Rumour has it that Newnham is laying off crews from the Super 727. The whole thing sounded a bit shoddy from the word go, and it looks as though they are going to take advantage of the current market situation and lay off crews until more work comes up.
Maybe DHL Air or ACL would be interested in you guys with your experience of the night freight business. Good luck.
Old 8th Jun 2002, 01:03

Hi loadshifta ,
Unfortunately you're right.......good guys have just been layed off this week !
got us worry......to say the least !!!
Our internal management crisis is not yet sorted and I' m affraid our front-line soldiers will pay the price.....as usual, whilst "generals" set up battle plan with the "beancounters" deep in confort of their smoky room ..... aviation is full of "Stalingrad" battle field !!!
with my hard hat ....on my way to the front line.

Cheers.
Old 8th Jun 2002, 08:50

loadshifta and 3000psi - If you knew the FULL and ACCURATE reasons behind the recent layoffs, then I think support for a company like this would return. You mention FRONT LINE SOLDIERS, well maybe have a deeper think and put 2 and 2 together to get your layoffs answer.

There is a market for a company such as Cougar, it has the potential, but while your so called Front Line Soldiers are battling against the General, then hope will soon dissappear.

Discontent in the cockpit is one thing, look a bit closer to home to ACTUALLY see where discontent is.
Old 9th Jun 2002, 20:41

The whole thing is part of the devide and rule tactics played by the current ops director.People on different pay deals and conditions , sack a few people here and there keeps the staff worried for their jobs.Not a good state of affairs really!
Old 9th Jun 2002, 21:09

Sad to hear that not all is right at Cougar but are the layoffs a political or financial requirements. Maybe CC can provide the answers.

Hope it all comes good

Old 12th Jun 2002, 08:32

My guess is that the current moves are for political AND financial reasons. However, it could be that someone can't add up when it comes to how many crews are ACTUALLY required to fly a line.

Time really to get down to the actual running of the airline and NOT worry about personal implications. Too many airlines arrive, survive and fail...... I don't think Cougar will be one to fail unless it's workforce start to work for Mr N and not against him.... mere unbiased opinions of course......
Old 12th Jun 2002, 10:23
Have toolbox, will travel

Best of luck to you guys at Cougar. I hope you all make it work.

I used to be in the employ of an airline here in the US that leased G-OPMN and G-BNNI for a while. Nice machines, just needed to be flown a lot.

Any chance any of you guys would have that B727 technical website that one of your very own FE's designed? One of you're Capt's sent it to me, but lost everything in a hard drive crash a while back...

Again, best wishes to all you Cat people..
Old 12th Jun 2002, 19:53

No TNT flying?? Well that is NOT the case at the moment. As for pay cuts, who knows ??
Old 12th Jun 2002, 21:08

There's a growing number of people in LGG that are less than impressed by the Cougar operation.
Old 12th Jun 2002, 22:09

Clarence - What, less impressed than any of the other operators flying for them??? The 727 is an ideal machine for their needs and unless you are very deep within the management structure of TNT, I'd say you were wrong.
Old 12th Jun 2002, 22:36

I am not talking about the machine. Although it appears to be only marginaly stage 3, hence those straight ahead departure requests instead of the normal turn at 4.3d.
Old 13th Jun 2002, 00:06

OK Clarence, you obviously have some sort of grudge against Cougar and the way it operates or just Cougar in general. How about spilling your beans and telling everyone what Cougar is doing that other TNT operators are not.

As for the Super27 being stage 3, it is fully stage 3 and yes there are some improvements to be made in terms of noise, which as far as I am aware, are being worked on by the necessary people.
Old 13th Jun 2002, 02:19

Question

Just a small query if it is stage 3 compliance why does it need improvement and if improved what does this entail.

In response to CO comment does the aircraft have problems
maintaining noise retrictions?

Last edited by Engineer; 13th Jun 2002 at 02:22.
Old 14th Jun 2002, 12:40

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I hope that alls well in Cougar, got a good few friends there. About the climbing ahead thing, its probably because the aircraft aint approved for Rnav departures like our own 727s so we go straight ahead on vectors.

Anyway anything I know is staying with me. Nice company.
Old 14th Jun 2002, 13:11

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A cat-loving friend tells me that they never do derate take-offs and go at full chat all the time.

I know less than nothing about a Super 27 but if this is true then this practice does nothing for their "quiet" image.
Old 14th Jun 2002, 14:42

Could be why they request straight ahead to 7000'.
Or is it higher?. Nothing to do with RNAV departures since there are none in LGG.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.