Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Flying Instructors & Examiners
Reload this Page >

PICUS program regulations

Flying Instructors & Examiners A place for instructors to communicate with one another because some of them get a bit tired of the attitude that instructing is the lowest form of aviation, as seems to prevail on some of the other forums!

PICUS program regulations

Old 12th Oct 2013, 14:37
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Age: 44
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PICUS program regulations


I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

In which document can i find the European requirements for operators to set up a PICUS program?

Last edited by Novaxeth; 12th Oct 2013 at 14:47.
Novaxeth is offline  
Old 12th Oct 2013, 15:10
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 10,815
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will have to speak to your local authority. Even under EASA.

I have 4 different programs in operation just now depending on the issuing authority of the license in question.

If you hold a Swedish license you have to be in a command program to upgrade if you want to log it for license issue in Sweden. All the Swedish TRE's have a block of forms for it and the process in my experience.

There are something like 8 items which you need ticks in boxes for including the LHS LPC/LST ATPL sim check done before you can log it.

And even then there is some procedure to get the license which I don't really understand which is to do with the final line check because the form is in Swedish so I don't have a bloody clue what I was signing. I am still not 100% sure I was allowed to but the license got issued.

If you hold a UK issued JAR license nobody in the past has cared about an official program or not being in place. Most FO's log it when ever they are PF. And then the get a letter saying all hours are correct from the CP and not bother with any signatures. then its a LST on the next LPC after getting the required experience and its issued.

Other authorities insist it can be only logged with a TRE others TRE/TRI and others with a LTC and of course just with any Captain. The paper work varies as well.

Good luck it can be a nightmare all the differences between the different authorities.
mad_jock is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.