PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad
Thread: Etihad
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 13:20
EYtruth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geetha
hello EVERYONE!
just a few querries.... i hope someone wud answer them.

* hw long does it take for them to respond once u hav send in ur application for the post of CC ( that is, if u r successsful)?
* how is the recruitment process? wats wit the telephone interview as mentioned on their website?
* to all the current CC , is it a gud airline to work for?
* i'm really confused abt the salary.... i need sm help on dis.

thanks...

oh, btw, they hav deleted all the applicants data.... all they hav is ur username n pswrd!! all my data hav vanished and so is the jobs applied section...it shows 0 , when i have applied for 3!!!

neway, i hope sm1 cud help me out wit my questions....

GOD BLESS!
Hi Geetha!

Well, let me try to answer your questions

- if they r recruiting in your country, than they will call once when they decide to come. But, my advice to u, is, call them and see which dates they have available. Once u do that, they'll screen your CV and give u a call back the same day. That's how I did it.
- the telephone interview is easy, like a preliminary interview. They usually ask u about your previous experience, why u want to become CC and so on.
- now the tough question Is it good company? There r lot of yes and no's. The company is still young, but with many internal management problems which reflect negativly on cabin crew. Almost every day we have some changes in service, training, etc. Some people r enjoying it some don't, it all depends what do u expect. But it's far away from being glamorous job! Fast promotion is possible in various fields, but with upcomong changes it's going to be more difficult. Check this site, section about Cabin Crew with Etihad topic. U can gain a lot of information. Send me a private message and I'll give u another site on which u can also find a lot of info on EY.
- Salary. Keep in mind we do not have allowances like EK or QR. That makes it difficult sometimes, as u end up spending your own money on layovers, and some of those layovers can be quite expensive.
Your basic salary is 3020 AED. Per duty day u get 210 AED. U usually have 20-22 duty days which gives u salary at the end of the month in range: 7220 - 7640 AED. Sometimes u will have even 24 duty days, but it doesn't happen very often. Accomodation is provided. Recently they changed the basic salary to 2500 AED for initial 6 months. I don't know how it will be with new people coming, as we expect some huge and serious changes in management. Recent history shows EY is very talented to give u nice stories about salary on assesment, and once u come, they change it completely.

Hope I answered your questions!