Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia Recruitment January 2018 mel,bne,per,syd

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Virgin Australia Recruitment January 2018 mel,bne,per,syd

Old 2nd Apr 2019, 09:20
  #41 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bendigo
Posts: 2
Hi everyone. I submitted my video just under 4 weeks ago. How long did everyone wait to hear back?
I applied for Melbourne base. Thanks.
Emmo132 is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 00:18
  #42 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Wannabecrew0209 View Post


Is that a Melbourne ground school?!?
Sorry! This was for Sydney.
CaliRiver is offline  
Old 8th Apr 2019, 01:43
  #43 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by CaliRiver View Post
I heard the April ground school is full. There is a ground school on 20th May.
Did you hear this from Virgin directly about Sydney ground school dates?
I'm in the Sydney talent pool and been so for a while so wondering if I'm going to be scheduled for the May ground school. The waiting is awful....😔
Mezz1987 is offline  
Old 10th Apr 2019, 06:44
  #44 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Mezz1987 View Post
Did you hear this from Virgin directly about Sydney ground school dates?
I'm in the Sydney talent pool and been so for a while so wondering if I'm going to be scheduled for the May ground school. The waiting is awful....😔
Yep directly! How long have you been in the talent pool for?? I know the waiting is hard 💔😞
CaliRiver is offline  
Old 10th Apr 2019, 07:30
  #45 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by CaliRiver View Post
Yep directly! How long have you been in the talent pool for?? I know the waiting is hard 💔😞
Interesting as I emailed today and got the generic "we have no training schools in the foreseeable future" and they finished the email with "it can be a 12 month wait". Ive been in the talent pool for over a month. I know that's not that long (from what ive seen on similar threads) but I was surprised by that response when you go told actual dates....hmmmm
Mezz1987 is offline  
Old 12th Apr 2019, 17:42
  #46 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by filthy rich View Post
Hi.. New one here. Just submitted my application for SYD base. I am older 50, gay guy. Wonder if they age discriminate. Working for an airline on the ground. How was the assessment day?
Did you apply for cabin crew or guest services?
MissK is offline  
Old 17th Apr 2019, 08:02
  #47 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by Mezz1987 View Post
Interesting as I emailed today and got the generic "we have no training schools in the foreseeable future" and they finished the email with "it can be a 12 month wait". Ive been in the talent pool for over a month. I know that's not that long (from what ive seen on similar threads) but I was surprised by that response when you go told actual dates....hmmmm

Was I the only one told the 20th of May ground school is being rescheduled until later ... and that they donít know the date as of yet??
Wannabef is offline  
Old 17th Apr 2019, 22:40
  #48 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Wannabef View Post



Was I the only one told the 20th of May ground school is being rescheduled until later ... and that they donít know the date as of yet??
I havenít been told that? 😬😬 Have you done your medical?
CaliRiver is offline  
Old 17th Apr 2019, 22:50
  #49 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3
[QUOTE=CaliRiver;10450002]


I havenít been told that? 😬😬 Have you done your medical?
[/QUOTE/]

i was meant to complete it this week.
Wannabef is offline  
Old 17th Apr 2019, 22:51
  #50 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by CaliRiver View Post


I havenít been told that? 😬😬 Have you done your medical?

then they told me to cancel the appointment
Wannabef is offline  
Old 18th Apr 2019, 07:55
  #51 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 2
Training school

I had the same notification about the training school that was starting 20th of May. Hopefully it will be rescheduled soon. So looking forward to start training and to start learning the virgin ways!
Crewtobe1 is offline  
Old 18th Apr 2019, 22:20
  #52 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Wannabef View Post



then they told me to cancel the appointment
Really? I literally just did my medical and have had no call or emails about a cancelled ground school. This was for Sydney base yes?
CaliRiver is offline  
Old 18th Apr 2019, 22:23
  #53 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Crewtobe1 View Post
I had the same notification about the training school that was starting 20th of May. Hopefully it will be rescheduled soon. So looking forward to start training and to start learning the virgin ways!
Did they call or email you? This was the Sydney base yes? I wonder why I havenít heard anything! 😬😬
CaliRiver is offline  
Old 22nd Apr 2019, 07:21
  #54 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4
Hi,
I have been waiting a good few months now for Sydney base and was wanting to know if they are planning any training school for regional cabin crew? I am in the talent pool and applied back in October.
Is the May dates for domestic only?
krishell is offline  
Old 22nd Apr 2019, 20:14
  #55 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by CaliRiver View Post

Did they call or email you? This was the Sydney base yes? I wonder why I havenít heard anything! 😬😬

email, could you let us know if your course is still going ahead? Have you had the medical etc.?
Crewtobe1 is offline  
Old 5th Jun 2019, 06:52
  #56 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 10
Hi All
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the next ground school for SYD.
CaliRiver is offline  
Old 7th Jun 2019, 23:45
  #57 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 21
ASSESSMENT DAY

Hey everyone,

does anyone one know when the next AD will be for bne cc? I applied late March...did the video and now have an interview but donít know when it will be?

Thanks and and congratulations to everyone with ground school dates!! Must be so exciting 😁🙏✈️
Jetsetterhopeful is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2019, 10:53
  #58 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by CaliRiver View Post
Hi All
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the next ground school for SYD.

I'm wondering this too, when did you have your AD?
Does anyone know if more ground schools will be opened in SYD in the new financial year?
JL90 is offline  
Old 16th Jun 2019, 00:08
  #59 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Gold. Last
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Jetsetterhopeful View Post
Hey everyone,

does anyone one know when the next AD will be for bne cc? I applied late March...did the video and now have an interview but donít know when it will be?

Thanks and and congratulations to everyone with ground school dates!! Must be so exciting 😁🙏✈️
I am waiting for the assessment day for BNE too ! I applied in late jan and still waiting. Hopefully itís soon 🙏🏽
Jacinta711 is offline  
Old 20th Jun 2019, 21:44
  #60 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Lennox Head
Posts: 1
Same for me. Every month have been hoping will get a date for assessment day. Fingers crossed will be soon ��
Maree Taylor is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.