Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

NJS recruitment

Old 10th Aug 2022, 15:03
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kichin
Posts: 692
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
NJS recruitment


No exodus or anything but this sounds promising for anyone wanting to fly a jet WITH lifestyle to boot.
gordonfvckingramsay is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2022, 20:03
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 636
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why the obsession still with multi PIC?
Climb150 is online now  
Old 10th Aug 2022, 22:58
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wangaratta
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Climb150 View Post
Why the obsession still with multi PIC?
GA with jets.
WillieTheWimp is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2022, 23:48
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 278
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Climb150 View Post
Why the obsession still with multi PIC?
Sounds like something a Caravan King would say…
aussieflyboy is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 01:04
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Parliament
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Toxic incompetent management, poorly maintained aircraft, accelerating mass exodus of pilots, punitive training department run by carrot in ass military rejects etc etc. Where's the apply button?
JoeTripodi is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 01:51
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 541
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JoeTripodi View Post
Toxic incompetent management, poorly maintained aircraft, accelerating mass exodus of pilots, punitive training department run by carrot in ass military rejects etc etc. Where's the apply button?
so just like all Australian airlines then?
kingRB is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 02:06
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: australia
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any 'lifestyle' was removed with the new agreement that Qantas pushed through by threatening current pilots with their jobs.

13 RDO's in a calendar month with Virgin is a much better lifestyle option in my opinion.
SuPeRcHaRgEd is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 02:45
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,584
Likes: 0
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Yes, we will soon find out who is an employer of choice for pilots.
Icarus2001 is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 03:11
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: a Galaxy far far away
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HR clearly haven’t woken from their insipid slumber. Jobs aplenty o/s, with a simple phone interview. None of the entry exams, sim “check” b.s, and a welcome mat to boot. The pain is just beginning
bigbrother is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 03:21
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wangaratta
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SuPeRcHaRgEd View Post
Any 'lifestyle' was removed with the new agreement that Qantas pushed through by threatening current pilots with their jobs.

13 RDO's in a calendar month with Virgin is a much better lifestyle option in my opinion.
Would having pilots fly the aeroplanes be considered a strategic imperative?
WillieTheWimp is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 06:52
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 278
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
NJS has a long history of operating Regional Jets. Remember NJS was flying Qantas passengers domestically before Qantas had a domestic airline. This is not a GA with Jets company like Network or Alliance.

My understanding is Qantas has slowly destroyed and crushed the happiness of the Tech Crew with multiple Base closures the past few years (the lifestyle bases).

Other then Tasmanian locals everyone is too scared to move to Hobart due to the fear of it closing and Melbourne was full of Cairns and Perth people who hate/hated the place. This is why they are short there and will be for some time.

Will be interesting to see how they will crew the A220 - I suspect they will need to offer retention bonuses soon or they’ll have a bunch of ex Rex cadets running the show.
aussieflyboy is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 07:58
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,584
Likes: 0
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Will be interesting to see how they will crew the A220
If they ever take delivery and assuming they go to NJS. Two big IFs.
Icarus2001 is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 08:15
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Jungle
Posts: 590
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarus2001 View Post
If they ever take delivery and assuming they go to NJS. Two big IFs.
Judging by this job advert, I think there's a good chance the A220 will be coming.

https://qantas.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com...tions_R82038-1
smiling monkey is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 10:03
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 1,937
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by smiling monkey View Post
Judging by this job advert, I think there's a good chance the A220 will be coming.

https://qantas.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com...tions_R82038-1
I would've thought the job of manager of a brand new shiny aeroplane would usually be filled by eager ones inside the airline, but here they're having to advertise for someone externally? Also can't help but notice the large amount of ramp and freight jobs available in the left hand column.....
dr dre is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 10:12
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 636
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aussieflyboy View Post
Sounds like something a Caravan King would say…
I do have a lot of Caravan time but also some king Air PIC and a bunch of jet FO time but still not eligible to apply.

Australia the land unrealistic management.
Climb150 is online now  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 10:21
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 390
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Climb150 View Post
I do have a lot of Caravan time but also some king Air PIC and a bunch of jet FO time but still not eligible to apply.

Australia the land unrealistic management.
And the likes of Alliance etc are complaining that they’re losing a good base of applicants to the USA.

Australian aviation really needs to figure out that it didn’t invent aviation.
havick is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 11:16
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 278
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Climb150 View Post
I do have a lot of Caravan time but also some king Air PIC and a bunch of jet FO time but still not eligible to apply.

Australia the land unrealistic management.
Oh well head up North (don’t tell them about your US Jet time) start back on the van scenics for a bit and soon enough you’ll be on the Baron and will have enough multi time to apply to NJS.

You’ll find like many Jet Operators in Aus they require 500 multi command to be a Captain. Insurance/Company/AOC/Watever requirement.
aussieflyboy is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 12:36
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 636
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aussieflyboy View Post
Oh well head up North (don’t tell them about your US Jet time) start back on the van scenics for a bit and soon enough you’ll be on the Baron and will have enough multi time to apply to NJS.

You’ll find like many Jet Operators in Aus they require 500 multi command to be a Captain. Insurance/Company/AOC/Watever requirement.
This is why I am never coming back. They can keep the numbers they make up from thin air. They will be asking for Uni degrees next.
Climb150 is online now  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 12:52
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: FNQ ... It's Permanent!
Posts: 3,997
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
This is why I am never coming back
Well that’s one less competitor for the position!
500 hrs multi PIC is not that much to ask for. It also helps to reduce the number of applicants.
Capt Fathom is offline  
Old 11th Aug 2022, 13:08
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 636
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Fathom View Post
Well that’s one less competitor for the position!
500 hrs multi PIC is not that much to ask for. It also helps to reduce the number of applicants.
I'm happy to give up my place in the line!
Climb150 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.