Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Accused Pilot

Old 27th Nov 2021, 04:17
  #61 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,844
It would be a very uncomfortable workplace for him and his wife to work in even if he was cleared. Possibly a PR problem for the company also.
It would all depend on the circumstances. At the end of the day if you are found not guilty by a court you are not guilty regardless of whatever your colleagues or employer may believe. The more difficult scenario would be if the Police drop the charges due lack of evidence. That would probably be the more difficult position to be in as there was never a test of the accusations against you and people will be forever wondering if you are a some crazy serial killer or just unlucky. Unfortunately these days too Police seem pretty good with their forensics so they usually don't just charge random people for no reason so if the charges were to be dropped then it would only fester speculation.
neville_nobody is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2021, 08:45
  #62 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 1998
Location: Mesopotamos
Posts: 1
A journalist earns money through being popular
Almost, a journalist earns money through building a relationship with their readership. Some do it better than others, some need to cast a lure with a sensational headline to draw attention to their skills as it's quite a competitive industry.
cattletruck is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2021, 11:22
  #63 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In the Doghouse
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by neville_nobody View Post
So what happens if he is found not guilty? Or it gets thrown out of court or Police decide that there isn't enough evidence or they have the wrong guy?? You should not be fired just because the Police think you MAY have committed a crime.

Some sort of leave until the matter is decided would be a more justifiable position.




Factual but biased. The guy has only be charged and they don't even have a body at this point. The couple could still be alive for all we know.
Neville. I am curious about the bias you perceive. We may have seen different reports, of course, but bias? Where, and to whose benefit or detriment? My understanding is that the man in question has been charged, and that that fact has been reported by multiple journalists with, it can be agreed, varying degrees of over excitement. Bias, however, points to unfairness, but I cannot see such unfairness, at least not in the news reports I have seen. The couple may well be alive, as you say, but that possibility only confirms bad things are afoot, as they would likely be being held against their will at the very least.

Last edited by Dog on Cat3; 27th Nov 2021 at 11:32. Reason: Dumb journalist forgot to add a '?' question mark
Dog on Cat3 is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2021, 12:37
  #64 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Aust
Posts: 185
Originally Posted by Torukmacto View Post
Ö.Journalists also write what Murdoch wants to read .
Is that you, Malcolm / Kevin?
rcoight is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2021, 12:49
  #65 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Москва/Ташкент
Age: 52
Posts: 878
An Airbus check Captain doesnít fit the murderer profile. I nearly fell over when I heard the news reporting a checkie was arrested.
In the UK at least quite a few Captains have been jailed for Murder the last decade or so, it isn't too shocking, BA Captain not so long ago, but agreed, this one seems odd as the others were domestic violence.
​​​
flash8 is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2021, 13:30
  #66 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The Hot zone
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by PoppaJo View Post
An Airbus check Captain doesnít fit the murderer profile. I nearly fell over when I heard the news reporting a checkie was arrested.

These are highly skilled, paid, and well regarded professionals by the public. The safety of thousands are in my hands daily, they put trust in me, and my team deliver it back to them.

Still canít sort of believe the whole thing and the type of person involved, but it is what it is.
You do realize you just gave yourself a heathy slap on the back and a thumbs up , right?? You just told all who care to read that in your opinion you are a highly skilled, paid, well regarded professional. Talking about professions and personality traits, you come across as quite a narcissist.
Maisk Rotum is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2021, 18:50
  #67 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia the Awesome
Posts: 400
Originally Posted by Torukmacto View Post
Journalists also write what Murdoch wants YOU to read .
There, I fixed it for you😂
Roj approved is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2021, 19:33
  #68 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 2,254
Originally Posted by Torukmacto View Post
Do you need to be a nice person to be a pilot ?
Ha! Judging by some of the sociopaths Iíve encountered in the profession over the years...

Definitely not!
KRUSTY 34 is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2021, 23:59
  #69 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oz
Posts: 1,362
Originally Posted by Maisk Rotum View Post
You do realize you just gave yourself a heathy slap on the back and a thumbs up , right?? You just told all who care to read that in your opinion you are a highly skilled, paid, well regarded professional. Talking about professions and personality traits, you come across as quite a narcissist.
What exactly do you want me to say? We are unskilled poverty stricken cheap imported labour? Hey those people do exist up the front in many other places, just be appreciate of the standard we have down under.

It has been a pleasure throughout my career (like all) to have had the ability to get access to the standard of training that this country offers. That translates into a safe work environment which myself and my team pride ourselves on. It is what it is, some places dish up shit check and training standards, this one does not, I thank those who have got me this far in my career.

Last edited by PoppaJo; 28th Nov 2021 at 00:09.
PoppaJo is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2021, 00:24
  #70 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Oz
Posts: 71
I know for a certain fact that Police prosecutors are not happy with the level of detail that has been leaked for the simple reason that it creates the opportunity for the defence to argue that a fair trial in Victoria is not possible since jury members have already been prejudiced.
Alt Flieger is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2021, 00:33
  #71 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where I hang my hat.
Posts: 158
Originally Posted by KRUSTY 34 View Post
Ha! Judging by some of the sociopaths Iíve encountered in the profession over the years...

Definitely not!
If a pilot is doing his job well, he would be well nigh invisible to the pax, doesn't matter if he is a nice guy or a sociopath, do your job and no one notices.
Matt48 is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2021, 01:42
  #72 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sunny Bay
Posts: 267
Your colleagues Ďnoticeí. Think thatís not important?
Maybe not to a psycho.
Killaroo is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2021, 01:53
  #73 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 69
Posts: 437
Originally Posted by KRUSTY 34 View Post
Ha! Judging by some of the sociopaths Iíve encountered in the profession over the years...

Definitely not!
CASAís Screaming Skull and the Mr Ansettís ď TJĒ are two of the angriest and narcissistic pilots you could ever meet. The perfect example of professional pilots with uncontrolled angry emotions. But not every murderer is a born murderer. Yes, some are psychopaths and sociopaths, but many murders are committed by very normal average people, people who have been pushed to the edge, perhaps snapped during a situation, or have simply not bothered to try to apply reasonableness and contain their inner anger.

There is much unknown about the case with Lynn and Iím sure that a clear picture will be framed if and when a trial begins. The cops arenít stupid and the circumstantial evidence is strong. It will be an interesting case to follow.
Paragraph377 is online now  
Old 28th Nov 2021, 02:08
  #74 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 1,679
Psycopaths are born that way it is a form of brain malformation where the emotion part does not develop properly and is hereditary. Sociopaths are created by life forces in general, so are not born that way, most are created from experience.

Both can hide to a certain extent, but will not do their job 'well', they may be capable pilots, but will generally be unreliable and prone to violent or irrational behavior. They will also find it hard to fit in with SOPs and being told what to do, especially if they don't like it, generally they will do everything to try and subvert doing what they are supposed to, even to the point of danger. Affected pilots who have progressed through GA in an un-guided sort of fashion would be more likely to survive rather than say a cadet who has to fit in with the system from day one. It is more likely they will find their way into check positions if allowed to as the dominance and control part would appeal to them, but the success of the candidate would be completely nothing they care for. They DO NOT make good checkers or trainers at all, as winning is the driver so even if they are wrong they will push their line in spite of safety and will just make stuff up and lie to cover up deficiencies in their own knowledge.

Its also very hard to diagnose in the young, basically not manifesting properly until early adulthood and getting worse as you age. So selecting employees too young can also lead to a few in the ranks as well.

Last edited by 43Inches; 28th Nov 2021 at 02:24.
43Inches is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2021, 04:03
  #75 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dunnunda
Posts: 21
All came to a head last Sunday when GLís JQ cabin crew wife confronted him about the murder in their Caroline springs home (which has been bugged for months), GL left to go hang himself. No doubt cops have been holding out trying to build their case but had to pounce before it got too late. Sold the trailer on gumtree mid last year. Ex wifeís autopsy showed high levels of alcohol in blood, which according to friends was unusual for her, cops may reopen this case also.
TULSAMI is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2021, 06:14
  #76 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 2,254
Originally Posted by Matt48 View Post
If a pilot is doing his job well, he would be well nigh invisible to the pax, doesn't matter if he is a nice guy or a sociopath, do your job and no one notices.
Agree.

However I wasnít talking about the interaction with Pax!
KRUSTY 34 is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2021, 06:45
  #77 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NSW
Posts: 118
Originally Posted by Maisk Rotum View Post
You do realise you just gave yourself a heathy slap on the back and a thumbs up , right?? You just told all who care to read that in your opinion you are a highly skilled, paid, well regarded professional. Talking about professions and personality traits, you come across as quite a narcissist.
In what world is a pilot not a highly skilled professional? Let me guess, (if you are a pilot) your the type that loves to brag to everyone about how easy your job is and that you practically do nothing etc. Buy your first to whinge about the lack of respect you receive from management and the amount you are paid. Nothing narcissistic about the post at all.
cLeArIcE is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2021, 07:10
  #78 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,172
You just never know, I had a work friend who was a Senior FO at a large airline, he killed himself by standing in front of a train. It turned out he had just been in court and had name suppression lifted. He had been charged with multiple accounts of child abuse which he carried out during long haul trips around the world working as an ambassador for the airline in orphanages. No one at work knew anything about it or that he had been cautioned 2 weeks before and that he was in fact arrested in the work car park. people kept saying ‘he was such a nice bloke’. No body knows what goes on in other people’s worlds. Pilots are not immune to having the odd psycho in their ranks.
Ollie Onion is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2021, 08:49
  #79 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dunnunda
Posts: 489
We get paid for the job and for the responsibility associated with itÖ piss off if you think otherwise.
Bula is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2021, 10:24
  #80 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by TULSAMI View Post
All came to a head last Sunday when GLís JQ cabin crew wife confronted him about the murder in their Caroline springs home (which has been bugged for months), GL left to go hang himself. No doubt cops have been holding out trying to build their case but had to pounce before it got too late. Sold the trailer on gumtree mid last year. Ex wifeís autopsy showed high levels of alcohol in blood, which according to friends was unusual for her, cops may reopen this case also.
I take it this is just your personal theory and not some inside info that you have access to? The media were showing security camera footage of him greeting his neighbours last Sunday, certainly didn't look like a man who was going to run off to commit suicide the next day, unless this confrontation with his wife is supposed to have happened afterwards.
FLGOFF is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.