PDA

View Full Version : Fuel at Barton

PPPPP
2nd Jul 2003, 04:38
Just a warning that there will be no 100LL to be had at Barton, Manchester, "for the foreseeable future" due to a technical problem with the pumps. If you were planning to upload there, ring first to find out if the situation is back to normal.

poetpilot
2nd Jul 2003, 15:47
Barton's number BTW is 0161 787 7326.

I'll check the situation out this a.m. (I'm going down there). If this is a problem that is expected to go on into the w/e, they'll be tearing their hair out - It's a Fly-In event there this w/e.

Nearest place for fuel for those coming up from darn sarf would be Sleap, methinks. I have to bring a Citabria up tomorrow (Thursday) for 4 days flying out of Barton so will obviously monitor this.

PPPPP
2nd Jul 2003, 15:57
If this is a problem that is expected to go on into the w/e, they'll be tearing their hair out - It's a Fly-In event there this w/e.

THEY'll be tearing their hair out? I'm down for my skills test on Sunday.....

poetpilot
2nd Jul 2003, 16:37
I just called them .... if it is a problem, it sounds as though it's only a temporary one. They guy I spoke to said they were waiting for the fuel delivery, and he'd refuelled from a bowser - so I don't think it's going to be a problem this w/e.

I'll check for real when I go down there in an hour's time (Wed 1030 am local).

I'm sure the same thing happened last year (or was it the year before - I'm getting old, how time flies) when they had an event :confused:

Shaggy Sheep Driver
2nd Jul 2003, 18:01
How much fuel does Barton get through? I was there last Thursday and saw a massive Total tanker deliver a load of avgas. It closed the fuel pumps for a few hours, and fuel was dispensed from a mobile bowser until the pumps re-opened. Has that delivery been used already?

SSD

windsock9
2nd Jul 2003, 18:54
hello all, hoses are being replaced this afternoon (02/07/03) and should be back online later today :D

poetpilot
3rd Jul 2003, 00:33
Yup, that's right - it was not lack of fuel after all, but a CAA technicality which demanded some remedial work.

The Air Total rep was down there at lunchtime, same message as reported above, all should be fine for Thursday onwards.

Squadgy
4th Jul 2003, 02:23
Hi,

No problems at all with fuelling at Barton now, as others have said this was just a technical problem with the pumps, and has now been resolved.

Dont forget the flyin this weekend (Sat & Sun), free landings and BBQ !!!

Cheers