PDA

View Full Version : ALL OPERATIONS CHAPTER 3 -5dB in FRANCE

747FOCAL
1st Jun 2001, 09:41
why?

Ai Start
1st Jun 2001, 17:07
Correct! Effective June 05th All major french airports will be effected by the 5db limit, thus affecting even the Air France B747-400Freighter fleet as well as Atlas Air's unless the Captain kick off payload or applied strict flap setting affecting performance.

It shows you again that the french Direction de L'aviation Civile (DGAC) ignores the full impact that it has on Cargo especially. Next will be Chapter IV noise restrictions. The french DGAC also seems to favour E.U carrier compared to US carriers. Have you noticed?

Vive la France!

CargoOne
1st Jun 2001, 18:50
sad news. why? in the whole coutry they have only few 24-hours airports.

CargoOne
14th Jun 2001, 14:37
Sorry to retutn this topic.
Can anybody tell me URL where -5db regulation is described?

Rapid_Climber
14th Jun 2001, 20:49
Ai Start;

I know not completely on subject but to your comment "The french DGAC also seems to favour E.U carrier compared to US carriers". Of course they do, for exactly the same reason that the USA DOT show preference to US carriers instead of EU carriers. Although we all claim to have open sky policies it is so very much not the case, and all countries through out the world still try at least to protect the interests of the own carriers.

However the French are not the first to start a Chapter 3 only noise reg early, the Belgiums started in Jan 01. I am sure that there will be a few more countries and airports enforcing early noise restrictions, prior to the blanket European ban in April 2002.

747FOCAL
14th Jun 2001, 23:38
Does anyone have any literature on the new french noise rules? Links?