PDA

View Full Version : Bae 146/Avro RJ question

Groundbased
20th May 2003, 21:44
Hi,

Could someone give me an idea of the rate this aircraft burns fuel while taxying/holding on the ground.

Many thanks.

GB

redbug
20th May 2003, 23:35
Hi.

The figures I have for ground operations are as follows:

All engines and APU running, engine anti-ice ON: 800kg/hr

All engines and APU running, engine anti-ice OFF: 600kg/hr

APU only, under load: 80kg/hr

Cheers.

Nightrider
21st May 2003, 16:31
The figures Redbug shows here are very correct. On small airports with about 10 minutes between start-up and lift-off a burn of 100kgs are sufficient, otherwise 200 kgs should be planned.
Only expected ground times of more than 17 minutes or winter operation need special attention in respect of "extra" taxi fuel.

Hostie from Hell
23rd May 2003, 07:48
Ok, only a dumbo ex hostie here, but I can remember a few years back at LCY the boys would always have 200 for taxi. There again we really didnt have far to taxi:E

Nightrider
24th May 2003, 18:00
Now there may be several answers to this one...

1. The company may have decided that there is a minimum of 200 kgs of taxi fuel for all there operations....
2. The company may have decided that even with the necessity of 100 kgs only, the amount of 200 kgs is a safer way to operate as this will cater for unforseen delays....
3. The captains have decided to always use 200 kgs as a minimum as this provides a few minutes "pocket fuel" for unforseen inflight delays....
4. It is somehow common sense and backed up by any FOM, if the captain decides for some reasonable extra fuel, if he sees a reason to do so....
5. Sometimes the second-in-command has a valid point suggesting some fuel for the family at home....
6. Experience of recent operations into a particular place may show the demand to cater for some additional fuel....

The list can be continued for may other reasons, the given ones here only show a few which come to mind on first thought...