PDA

View Full Version : Is the SID/STAR on the flightstrip?

R200EGNM
1st May 2003, 21:36
Hello,

Just a quick question if I may please...?

On the flightstrip is the SID and STAR information contained?

Ie do they say

BPK6G BPK R123 CLN DCT LOGAN LAM3A
or
BPK R213 CLN DCT LOGAN

Thanks!

hatsoff
1st May 2003, 22:21
Usually , yes , the STAR is shown!
Sometimes NO!! That's the way the computer works when it doesn't like the way a flight plan has been input.

FWA NATCA
1st May 2003, 22:34
As Hatsoff said, yes the SID and or STAR print on the strip usually we will see the SID or STAR print with plus symbols on either end. For Example the STAR for DTW may be:

+FWA MIZAR3 DTW+
+FWA VWV VWV051 POOFE DXO+

Mike

vector4fun
1st May 2003, 22:52
Point of clarification,

In the terminal environment, a departure strip MAY show the STAR at the destination airport, but often the route is long enough that the computer winds up printing only the DP, initial route, and destination airport, like this:

AUS +CWK088052..TNV..LFK+ .J101.EMG./.MEM

So the STAR at MEM would never show up unless the controller requested a Full Route from the FDIO keyboard. Something we wouldn't normally do...

Also be aware that only the controllers with access to the strip generated at Clearance Delivery would have THAT much. Often, the busier approach controls use few if any strips, and simply vector departures out the departure gate shown in the fix-pairing on the aircraft's tag.

At a Center, their strips are bigger and contain more data. However, if the pilot didn't FILE a STAR, it might not be assigned until approaching the destination airport, and therefore, not on any strip before then.

almost professional
2nd May 2003, 18:25
Are we talking aerodrome or area? our strips have the initial routing but left to the atca/atco to confirm the right SID in conjunction with rwy in use and route chosen/level requested-ie WHI or ASNIP dep

TheFox
3rd May 2003, 05:42
"Is the SID/STAR on the flightstrip?"

Not where i work.

5milesbaby
4th May 2003, 05:55
At Swanwick, SID's certainly aren't written on the strips, and its rare to get a strip with the STAR on it too, all we get is the Airway names, and only beacons if its a joining or leaving fix.

bagpuss lives
4th May 2003, 05:58
Usually only the STAR is shown at my unit afaik

R200EGNM
4th May 2003, 17:58
Hello,

Thank you all for your replies, its much appriciated.

I was looking primarily at UK civil both Aerodrome and Area Control.

Thanks a lot again

R200EGNM!

chiglet
5th May 2003, 16:33
Manc TWR has thr SID printed on Deps, no STAR on Arrs
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy