PDA

View Full Version : Service Air B747F

Pages : 1 [2]

AAIGUY
31st Jul 2005, 18:40
Re China:

Week after I wrote that AAI gave me an apartment and a $3000 a month raise. I declined CAL as per the other posts on the subject. Retire here? Maybe, but likely, I will do my upgrade here in the next 6 months, spend about 1000 getting B747 command and apply to Singapore as a Capt.

AAI is not Air Canada, the lifestlye is worse, no doubt. But the money is way better and when your are 35 years or less, its money that counts.

I just bought a second property in BC to rent out. :ok:

5Y744
3rd Aug 2005, 16:08
1000 hours PIC 747 to be captain at SIN?

Dream on...

AAIGUY
4th Aug 2005, 21:55
See their ad, 1000 on type.

http://www.siacargo.com/First%20Officer%20and%20Captain%20positions.pdf

That with another 2000 as FO on the B747 should be competive.

13th Oct 2006, 15:45
Feedback please,

Just learned from a Family member in finance that SAG has purchased a substantial amount of ground equipment, high 7 figure range. Could someone on the West Coast share if they are gearing up for a launch.

No bashing, just facts please!

Tomatoes
16th Oct 2006, 18:39
Hey AAI.

Just for the record...all this nonsense about being an expat or not is self-serving and just plain bs. It all depends on your personal circumstances. You know...almost all .. save a couple ...of the furlough ac pilots that went abroad to earn expat dollars have returned to AC now. And I know the 2 I am referring to personally and they will be returning at some very soon date as well. What does that tell you? They tasted both, and made a choice. You may be making after tax dollars more than another dude at your level, but the formula is so much more. When you grow up and have kids...and your buddy is 320 Capt at AC and all settled in...what are you gonna do? Move your kids around all over the place from contract to contract? Or maybe you'll commute to Canada and see your family for 1 week a month and be bagged the rest. You will die young doing that my man. Or maybe you think you will raise em in Thailand? Good luck with that....you know alot of contracts don't pay for education of your kids and the cost of it over there is going to eat all your profits. Then when you turn 60, your buddy who will be retiring as B777 Capt with a 6 figure pension for life, and is already a golf pro because he has been playing all his life, where you have been on contract and already have one foot in the grave. Or....your contract company will phase out your AC when your 50..and because they aren't obligated to you...(employment law ain't so good abroad)...you will be moving again! Or...you medical out...and uh-oh...your contract agency isn't obligated to carry you on that either. As you see...there is alot more to look at than just that extra couple grand you take home every month. Oh yeah...you spend it on your monthly vacations. :ugh: :ugh:

AAIGUY
21st Oct 2006, 00:41
Nice post tomatoes..except I have a retirement plan to be flying for another 7years or so, and with all my extra $$ (about 60K USD more than my Air Canada colleagues whom I went to school with per annum).. SO I will punch out with my company paid apartment (600,000) (they pay me housing every month and I bought it) and my 1.5 million and house in Thailand (200,000K )at 38/39 ...long before all my buddies who are still slepping it back and forth from where ever..

sec 3
21st Oct 2006, 05:29
Brucee. Doesn't take much to make more than a widebody captain at AC. :E

aimscabinet
21st Oct 2006, 15:32
Beware this type of startup - same thing was "attemped" in Toronto a couple of years ago under the name "Titan Air". The man behind it turned out to be a con artist who was arrested and taken to court.

Well, at least, this fellow went to jail:D

Back in the late eighties, I had a couple of these bad experiences. In one, some guy showed up in Toronto, coming from BC, interviewing people for a new airline starting up in Vancouver. We, the supposed new hires, were to pay for all the expenses to travel and stay in there for the supposed training. It never happened and the fellow disappeared; on the second, I wasted a great deal of my time and money to help start a new Trillium Air in Toronto. The thing never happened; no airplanes, no nothing. They suspended the "operations" in less than three months and vanished without paying anybody.

So, It looks like this airline startup is a big business in Canada and a few cons are making money out of it. Watch out fellows, do a good research before commiting to these new wannabes.

CD
21st Oct 2006, 16:33
Well, at least, this fellow went to jail:D

Back in the late eighties, I had a couple of these bad experiences....

...on the second, I wasted a great deal of my time and money to help start a new Trillium Air in Toronto. The thing never happened; no airplanes, no nothing. They suspended the "operations" in less than three months and vanished without paying anybody.

Was your Trillium Air in the late '80s? Because there was a company by this name that had a fatal accident in 1987: Trillium Air - 12 JAN 1987 - 8,5 km (5.3 mls) off Toronto Island Airport, ON (http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19870112-0)

It doesn't seem that they lasted very long at all, though: CTA Order No. 1990-A-592 (http://www.cta-otc.gc.ca/rulings-decisions/orders/1990/A/1990-A-592_e.html)

Then, there was another company using that name that ran sked services around southern Ontario between 2000 and 2002-ish. However, they too are no longer: CTA Order No. 2004-A-14 (http://www.cta-otc.gc.ca/rulings-decisions/orders/2004/A/2004-A-14_e.html)

I seem to recall a third company talking about using that name during the same period of time... Not a very good track-record for the Trillium name... :(

aimscabinet
22nd Oct 2006, 09:18
I seem to recall a third company talking about using that name during the same period of time... Not a very good track-record for the Trillium name... :([/quote]

The Trillium I was involved with tried out in 1990.
Yes, that accident happened, but I am not sure whether the same management was involved in that one.

blue_side_up
30th Oct 2006, 04:45
AAIguy,
Are you fixed base? Without o/t, your pay doesn't make sense for 7days off pay at home, unless you're fixed base (taking paid holiday), and/or including your housing allowance in that total. Jerry O'S is not that generous! I wish I could believe about the upgrades, but I think it's pre-hajj talk. What upgrade course were you speaking of this July? There were no upgrades happening, although some guys were converting from the 767, 1 or 2 of who were 767 cpts converting to 747 cpt.

AAIGUY
30th Oct 2006, 07:12
AAIGUY no longer works for AAI.
It's an old handle I still use. I now work for a proper company as an employee :)

Tomatoes
9th Apr 2007, 04:08
Getting back at you AAI...I am not a frequent prune cruiser.

Just wondering...how you paid off a 600g apatment with your living allowance in just (how many years??) a few years. My impression is that your young and don't have many years as an expat. Second...I am an expat and I know you cant build that kind of cash that fast even at the highest paid contract company (currently NCA I believe). So..unless you started with cash...which means your comparations are meaningless. If you both started with 0....there is no way you can retire at your age and a solid company with good pension and stable environment wins every time. Slow and steady as they say.

skycircus
11th Apr 2007, 15:09
Hey, what happened to the original Serviceair forum? If you all want to go on for the next 10 years about how much you get paid then start another thread! I would like to hear about serviceair. Any more info on this topic?
Thanks.
Skycircus.:}

74tweaker
21st Apr 2007, 00:18
Wow! 80,000 views.

There must be some interest in this thread.

aboveground
22nd May 2007, 01:35
What is happening with Service Air? Who are the players?

Atlanta-Driver
22nd May 2007, 18:15
As it, as a Captain with AAI, I averaged 10700 Canadian $ per month in 2006 (Based on todays exchange rate). The F/O salaries are about 70 to 80% of what Captains make. To achieve income like that you must work a minimum of 11 months a year as all time off home is off salary. For the amount of work and places where AAI flies it is not an extravagant nor is it even good. Taxes are the liabilty of contractor (You do not work directly for the company) as are all social security and pension matters. With AAI you get a flat daily rate unless you are on a fixed base or 6 weeks on 2 weeks off contract. Add overtime (Over 75h) @ 110 Canadian $/h and thats it.

Rollingthunder
22nd May 2007, 18:43
According to their own website, they're supposed to start operations in 2006. So that's on sked then ...... but they've got a dentist in management.

Never yet laid my eyes on the 747.

skycircus
24th May 2007, 03:24
I say it's gonna happen soon. What's wrong with a dentist? The're a lot smarter than pilots!:cool:

Widebodyand4holes
2nd Jun 2023, 07:58
Did this Service Air project ever get going in any jurisdiction? Ever?