PDA

View Full Version : How to log my airline flight hours...

Bokomoko
18th Feb 2003, 17:53
Dear Captains & F/Os, I have some questions about logbook.

For example, during a very long day flying a 737 I did 6 full legs. Well, do authorities accept if I use just a line on my logbook describing FROM as the first departure airport and TO the last landing field and using the REMARKS space to describe all stopover airports or I have to write all segments one by one?

Second, during a long haul flight, if there is a double crew - 2 Captains and 2 F/Os - can both captains log all flight hours as PIC?

Ok, elementary questions, but I'm really confused…I've already heard some different opinions. Does anybody know what FAA/JAA say about this matter?
Thanks.

redsnail
18th Feb 2003, 18:33
Have a read of GID 44 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/srg_fcl_gid44.pdf)

Jetdriver
18th Feb 2003, 18:41
Each segment is a different flight and needs a seperate entry.

No only for the period that they are PIC.

proxus
19th Feb 2003, 11:22
I could't find infos regarding this:

Can two student pilots log hrs if only one is training. f.ex. if one has to fly solo xc. Can another student go with him and log P2 ?
Or is it only accountable if the craft require 2 pilots ?

Proxus

Flaps Down Gear Up
19th Feb 2003, 11:58
Bokomoko

see the FODCOM issued by the CAA last year regarding logging of flight time by 'heavy' crew

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FOD200224.pdf

Flaps

FlyingForFun
19th Feb 2003, 14:14
Proxus,

The FARs are different to the JARs in this respect. Under FARs, two pilots can both log time on a single-pilot aircraft under certain circumstances, e.g. if one is safety pilot. Can't remember the exact rules. But under JAR, no - the only way two pilots can both log time on a single-pilot aircraft under JARs is if one is an instructor/examiner.

GID44, as linked to above, is an excellent reference for the UK (JAR) rules. The only thing which it fails to cover, and which is discussed repeatedly in Private Flying, is how to log non-instructional time with an instructor (e.g. if you go out of whatever your club's currency rules are, or just fancy an hour to boost your confidence, etc.)

FFF
--------------

Edit, because, having re-read your post, Proxus, it sounds like the P1 in your example is a student pilot? In this case, it is illegal for him to carry a passenger at all, let alone for the passenger to log the time.

proxus
19th Feb 2003, 16:35
I was just wondering if it would be possible.

I was considering a scenario where a student pilot had with him another pilot who had atleast ppl licence

Thanks again for clearing it up

proxus