PDA

View Full Version : AIS Website

tomahawk1673
15th Feb 2003, 22:16
I can login to the AIS website, but can't access any of the Publications. When I click a link (eg. Publications/ UK AIP) and thepage tries to load, I get the error "Menu must be initialized in banner.jsp" and I can't access any other pages.

It used to work on both my WinXP systems (pro and home ed), but since I reformatted them it no longer works on either. I've tried other browsers, but to no avail.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give to me, because this really limits me in that I cannot access the AIP etc. from home :)

Thanks again!

drauk
15th Feb 2003, 23:25
It works for me. (Unusual that these words are helpful as they normally aren't!)

I just tried to access it, using Windows XP Professional and Internet Explorer 6.0. When you were reinstalling your OS did you install any kind of filtering, banner-ad removers, or anything else that stands in the path of the HTTP requests your browser makes to the web?

tomahawk1673
15th Feb 2003, 23:29
Drauk,

I installed Norton Personal Firewall 2003 with the latest updates, and also latest updates for WinXP. I tried disabling the firewall, but again no luck

Tinstaafl
16th Feb 2003, 02:18
Do you have Java installed/enabled on your PC?

I recall something about M$ not supplying it with XP/IE6.0 so you have to download it separately.