PDA

View Full Version : Apply now or later?

umpljazz
3rd Feb 2003, 09:02
Hi, I am currently at university in my first year of a 4 year degree. For a long while now I have wanted to be an atco. My question is, shall I apply for air traffic now when there is high recruitment rate and not complete my degree, or shall I wait until I have completed my degree and then apply? My concern is that if I wait they may not still be recuiting. I know that it is not esential to have a degree, I would be doing it as a backup plan if air traffic didn't work out.
From what I have seen on these forums, at the current rate it is about 2 years from sending off the application to beginning as a student by then I will be starting my final year. Would they defer my entry and wait for me to complete my degree?
Many thanks in advance.

Evil J
3rd Feb 2003, 09:11
Get your degree. Apply in your penultimate year and I'm sure if you've got the right stuff to get in NATS won't mind defering your College entry.

The ATCO shortage isn't going to go away in a hurry (much to Mr Everitt's displeasure I'm sure)

radar707
3rd Feb 2003, 09:19
Apply now, and finish your degree, they will allow you to defer your start date, all you have to do is tell them a few months before your due to start at the college of knowledge