PDA

View Full Version : RT Training Simulator

Another_CFI
22nd Nov 2002, 14:09
The simulator which we use for RT Training is starting to shown the signs of old age and is in need of replacement. So far I have singularly failed to find the source of a replacement box.

Does anyone at any of the other flying schools that conduct training for the RT practical examination know of a source?

FormationFlyer
22nd Nov 2002, 14:30
I looked at becoming an RT examiner a few months ago...the CAA sent me a load of splurge - and also a flyer for some equipment. I cant remember the precise peeps who I spoke to but if you ring the CAA reception and get the bit of PLD dealing with RT exmainers they should be able to point you at some respectable equipment that they are recommending their examiners....

I would dig the info - but its buried deep in a 1.5' pile of paperwork!!!

Hope this helps,
Barry

Noggin
22nd Nov 2002, 17:28
Could this be what you are looking for?

http://www.glyn-williams.i12.com/rtrig/rtrig.html

Another_CFI
23rd Nov 2002, 08:29
Thanks for the information. I had already tried Formationflyer's suggestion before starting this thread and the response pointed me in exactly the direction suggested by Noggin. Tried e-mailing the company but they fail to respond.

Hence my request for information/guidance. Keep the suggestions coming!

GoneWest
23rd Nov 2002, 14:50
The man who will, know the answer is the head of R/T training and testing at the Ministry of Aeroplanes.

[email protected]

Another_CFI
24th Nov 2002, 09:19
Gone West Thanks but I have already contacted Mike and followed up on his answer which took me down the path suggested by Noggin. I was hoping that someone may have further suggestions otherwise I will need to try hitting my present simulator with an even bigger hammer!