PDA

View Full Version : Qantas International 2023 recruitment

Pages : [1] 2 3

AA1997
3rd Mar 2023, 21:17
Hey TrolleyD!

Do you or anyone know what the training allowance is for SYD if you’re based in Sydney?

Thank you 😊

Spice5
5th Mar 2023, 06:48
No allowance is paid for training in Sydney if your base is Sydney.... You will receive the training base salary only.

QFFLYER22
5th Mar 2023, 07:38
Hey TrolleyD!

Do you or anyone know what the training allowance is for SYD if you’re based in Sydney?

Thank you 😊

😉 If you’re Sydney based and your complete ground is in Sydney, you will only receive basic pay, no training allowance in Sydney, basic pay is around $1400 per fortnight. Trainees in ABU DHARBI and LONDON do attract the allowances.

QFFLYER22
5th Mar 2023, 07:41
😉 there have been around 4 Melbourne based QCCA ground schools commence since January,
They definitely have a few internals in them, mainly from QantasLink and Qantas Customer Service roles, ect

yeah I’m team Jetstar applying for Melbourne -

QFFLYER22
5th Mar 2023, 07:46
😉 good luck to everyone commencing GS, it’s very intense, be prepared to do hours of study at home, and mabey survive on 4-5 hours sleep per night, it is extremely fast paced learning and exams most days, not everyone passes, I seen a quite a few be sent home, you really need to put in 100% and get to know the manual verbatim. But once it’s over it’s worth it 🛫

Koko90
5th Mar 2023, 20:54
Most of the SYD internals have been transferred over, fingers crossed they start moving MEL internals over who applied for SYD base, anyone got any news on this?

TrolleyD
5th Mar 2023, 23:08
Hey TrolleyD!

Thank you 😊

As far as I know it's nothing. The allowance is to cover meals. Sydney based in Sydney it's assumed you are staying at home

TrolleyD
5th Mar 2023, 23:12
😉 good luck to everyone commencing GS, it’s very intense, be prepared to do hours of study at home, and mabey survive on 4-5 hours sleep per night, it is extremely fast paced learning and exams most days, not everyone passes, I seen a quite a few be sent home, you really need to put in 100% and get to know the manual verbatim. But once it’s over it’s worth it 🛫

100% agree, definitely isn't party time...My advice is if you are training away from home and all staying at the same hotel/serviced apartment form study groups...The course really is intense if you have no prior airline experience.

Study the manuals and work off the study guides. I have also heard of many being stood down and only a few getting a second chance.

AA1997
5th Mar 2023, 23:13
Ah okay thank you! I thought we might have been supported for not being able to work for 7 weeks. I will be happy with whatever I get but I’m only working part time at the moment, so I’ll have to find more work until training to cover me I guess! Thanks for your response. 😊

Olivia1
6th Mar 2023, 04:53
Hello everyone! :) I just wanted to reach out and ask if there is anyone from the December 1st assessment day that has been called yet or is yet to be called? I feel like this is taking a while and am worried 😟 Just trying to get an idea of where they are up too

br787
7th Mar 2023, 00:50
Hello everyone! :) I just wanted to reach out and ask if there is anyone from the December 1st assessment day that has been called yet or is yet to be called? I feel like this is taking a while and am worried 😟 Just trying to get an idea of where they are up too
Mine was the pm session of 29 Nov and as far as I know, no one has received a call yet from my AD. I'm betting on getting called for an April GS 🤞

Olivia1
7th Mar 2023, 01:27
Mine was the pm session of 29 Nov and as far as I know, no one has received a call yet from my AD. I'm betting on getting called for an April GS 🤞

I really wish I know how they plan for schools because this wait makes me feel anxious 😥 Fingers crossed we hear shortly 🤞🤞

Sus04
7th Mar 2023, 02:49
I was in 9 Nov AD and all good to go but haven’t received a call for GS yet. Someone from my AD is in his last week of training now, so I don’t know how it’s all worked out for training 🤷‍♀️

badbadnotgood
7th Mar 2023, 03:56
Hey! I was in the afternoon session on the 2nd of December and I know that a few from my AD started this week. I don’t really think it goes in any order, there must be a ranking system, I’m also betting in somewhere in April for a start date 🤞

Koko90
7th Mar 2023, 04:30
They must be calling applicants soon as the job post has been removed and they are still very desperate for new crew members.

FFDAZZ
7th Mar 2023, 09:46
I was in 9 Nov AD and all good to go but haven’t received a call for GS yet. Someone from my AD is in his last week of training now, so I don’t know how it’s all worked out for training 🤷‍♀️Did you declare anything on your medical ? ​​​​​​​I'm finding people who declared something are often taking a long while to be processed

Spice5
7th Mar 2023, 22:14
Hey guys, I noticed during my open day recently that there was no mention of COVID-19. It seems to me the internal policy for vaccination no longer appears on most job ads. As part of the recruitment process do we still need to send in our COVID docs? it seems a bit odd that there was no mention of it. Just like COVID it seems to have disappeared!

WR2023
8th Mar 2023, 03:17
Hi everyone,

I’m SYD based and I got the golden call saying that I start GS on the 18th April and in Abu Dhabi partly.

Did anyone else get the same start date?

I’ve been looking forward to this since applying in November 2022 and I can believe I have an actual start date 😍

WR2023
8th Mar 2023, 03:18
Does anyone have a start date for April yet?

Yes i did! For the 18th April

Sus04
8th Mar 2023, 06:14
Yes i did! For the 18th April
That’s great. Congratulations. When was your AD?

WR2023
8th Mar 2023, 07:20
That’s great. Congratulations. When was your AD?

2nd Feb 2023

Koko90
8th Mar 2023, 07:41
Hi everyone,

I’m SYD based and I got the golden call saying that I start GS on the 18th April and in Abu Dhabi partly.

I’ve been looking forward to this since applying in November 2022 and I can believe I have an actual start date 😍

CONGRATS 💫 Are you internal or external?

WR2023
8th Mar 2023, 07:45
CONGRATS 💫 Are you internal or external?

I’m external 😅

gg_gop
8th Mar 2023, 10:29
hey WR2023 i'm starting on the 18 April as well. we might be in the same group! Have they sent you the contract yet?

cfwm
8th Mar 2023, 10:32
Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking forward to this since applying in November 2022 and I can believe I have an actual start date 😍 Congratulations WR2023!

I was at the same AD as you (2 February) and also have a start date for 18 April. I tried to send you a direct message to see if you wanted to chat on instagram or go for a drink beforehand but your inbox on this forum is full. Send me a message if you’re keen!

Koko90
8th Mar 2023, 10:44
Any internals here? Or am I the only one 😆 starting to get worried as haven’t heard anything from TA. SYD internals have been blocked from going over and no one from MEL have been released yet. Fingers and toes crossed we hear something very very soon

Skiesthedream
8th Mar 2023, 12:03
Any internals here? Or am I the only one 😆 starting to get worried as haven’t heard anything from TA. SYD internals have been blocked from going over and no one from MEL have been released yet. Fingers and toes crossed we hear something very very soon

me 🤦‍♀️ after applying in 2019, getting accepted, then covid bursting that bubble, to reapplying in Jan 2022, and now watching everyone but us get it I’m starting to feel really sick about the whole thing.. It’s just so disheartening.. and no comms as to why, or how much longer.

theskyismyhome
8th Mar 2023, 12:22
SYD internal here still waiting…..applied Jan 2022. What do you mean “Syd internals have been blocked from going over” ?!

dailyminyo
8th Mar 2023, 12:32
Hi everyone,

Hi, congrats!

I was at the same assessment day. When did you finish all the assessments(ex. Medical, references..)? as I am still waiting for any news from them

littlenicky23
9th Mar 2023, 09:22
Just a quick question, Does TA leave a voicemail or send an email if you get to miss their call? Nov 16 AD here still waiting :( thanks 🙏

Flossyb
9th Mar 2023, 21:36
Just a quick question, Does TA leave a voicemail or send an email if you get to miss their call? Nov 16 AD here still waiting :( thanks 🙏

Hi… I feel your pain. I’ve been waiting since Nov 23. The no feedback/ communication is the killer. Like do I start looking elsewhere? I’m so keen to start, but I don’t want to be a pain and keep calling them 😩

Spice5
10th Mar 2023, 01:46
Hey guys,
congrats to all who have just received the Golden Call.
This question is for those who recently went to an Assessment Day or have just been offered a contract. There was no mention whatsoever at my AD in relation to COVID19. Is there still a vaccination policy in place at Qantas. And if so what do you need to submit. I thought it was strange they didn't mention anything about it during the AD. Any help to clarify would be good.

Koko90
10th Mar 2023, 21:26
SYD internal here still waiting…..applied Jan 2022. What do you mean “Syd internals have been blocked from going over” ?!

hello, theskyismyhome 😃 the remaining internals have been blocked until the base is filled up again with new GS. It’s the same situation for MEL. JQ has blocked us and haven’t released anyone yet, they are waiting to back fill roles before they release us. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer.

WR2023
10th Mar 2023, 23:58
Hey guys,
congrats to all who have just received the Golden Call.
This question is for those who recently went to an Assessment Day or have just been offered a contract. There was no mention whatsoever at my AD in relation to COVID19. Is there still a vaccination policy in place at Qantas. And if so what do you need to submit. I thought it was strange they didn't mention anything about it during the AD. Any help to clarify would be good.

Yes, you will need to submit proof of vaccination 😊

debbieitaly
11th Mar 2023, 12:14
😉 If you’re Sydney based and your complete ground is in Sydney, you will only receive basic pay, no training allowance in Sydney, basic pay is around $1400 per fortnight. Trainees in ABU DHARBI and LONDON do attract the allowances.
Just wondering if anyone else who's considering this job pays rent, electricity, water, mobile phone bill, vet bills, etc etc? Cause I'm struggling to work out how this pay is survivable 😫😭

Olivia1
11th Mar 2023, 22:11
Hi guys, just wondering I got told my medical got sent to QF on 19th December and tomorrow hits the 3 month mark since doing so, do we still have to redo them if it goes past expiry because I thought they only lasted 3 months and mines just about to hit that mark

debbieitaly
11th Mar 2023, 22:29
Hi guys, just wondering I got told my medical got sent to QF on 19th December and tomorrow hits the 3 month mark since doing so, do we still have to redo them if it goes past expiry because I thought they only lasted 3 months and mines just about to hit that mark
Yes they'll get in touch with you to let you know you have to get it renewed, it only consists of redoing the drug and alcohol test

Olivia1
11th Mar 2023, 22:32
Yes they'll get in touch with you to let you know you have to get it renewed, it only consists of redoing the drug and alcohol test

Okay easy, did you have to redo yours?

Mel2022QF
12th Mar 2023, 04:13
Just wondering if anyone else who's considering this job pays rent, electricity, water, mobile phone bill, vet bills, etc etc? Cause I'm struggling to work out how this pay is survivable 😫😭

Overnight allowances once you commence flying will be an essential part of bringing up that pay. That's why you may want a US trip for example, I think at least one or more of those a month. And there will be opportunities for those that want to grow to pursue CSS/CSM roles in time. Also some crew have side gigs.

I hear you though with cost of living rising though I sometimes wonder how I'll get on! I guess it's one of those jobs you do for the love of it, not for the money but we still need to afford to live decent lives. When I think about how much more expensive it is to pay a mortgage/rent than when I first applied and budgeted for a pay decrease... there's no doubt it's getting harder for everyone but I especially think of Sydney folks paying rent or mortgages. Basic pay of $700pw in the very beginning might leave not much after rent for some but it will soon improve and hopefully rising cost of living calms down a bit in the coming months.

dailyminyo
13th Mar 2023, 23:56

Hi just a question,

I finished my medical and have not received anything saying that it has been sent to qantas .. did you heard it from bodycare by an email?

debbieitaly
14th Mar 2023, 07:36
Overnight allowances once you commence flying will be an essential part of bringing up that pay. That's why you may want a US trip for example, I think at least one or more of those a month. And there will be opportunities for those that want to grow to pursue CSS/CSM roles in time. Also some crew have side gigs.

I hear you though with cost of living rising though I sometimes wonder how I'll get on! I guess it's one of those jobs you do for the love of it, not for the money but we still need to afford to live decent lives. When I think about how much more expensive it is to pay a mortgage/rent than when I first applied and budgeted for a pay decrease... there's no doubt it's getting harder for everyone but I especially think of Sydney folks paying rent or mortgages. Basic pay of $700pw in the very beginning might leave not much after rent for some but it will soon improve and hopefully rising cost of living calms down a bit in the coming months.
Thank you for that angle. It gives me some food for thought :)

debbieitaly
14th Mar 2023, 07:37
Okay easy, did you have to redo yours?
Yes it was easy peasy

skyisthelimit123
14th Mar 2023, 10:44
Anyone happen to know roughly how much extra you get on average per week in overnight allowances, overtime etc?

natashaanne
14th Mar 2023, 12:08
Has anyone on this thread recently applied for the position and awaiting to hear back after doing the questionnaire?

I did my application at the beginning of Feb and was sent the questionnaire the next day and have yet to hear back, I know they have now removed the job listing off the website, just hope my application hasn’t been lost in limbo :bored:

1Fly
16th Mar 2023, 07:29
Attended AD 1sr December waiting …… now hearing that external recruitment for Sydney has stopped while they recruit the MAM and Altara casuals into QCCA. Anyone else waiting for golden call? Any MAM or Altara crew now in QCCA? Qantas also calling crew back that took redundancy during COVID.

Koko90
16th Mar 2023, 09:06
Any updates from any internals? Seems to have slowed down!

br787
16th Mar 2023, 12:16
Attended AD 1sr December waiting …… now hearing that external recruitment for Sydney has stopped while they recruit the MAM and Altara casuals into QCCA. Anyone else waiting for golden call? Any MAM or Altara crew now in QCCA? Qantas also calling crew back that took redundancy during COVID.
29 Nov AD here, still waiting...

Which_way_is_up
16th Mar 2023, 23:57
I've just submitted my application for the casual Qantas Crew position base din Sydney - I'll let you know how I progress! It sounds like I just missed out on applying for the full-time international position

1plus1is11
17th Mar 2023, 10:53
I've just submitted my application for the casual Qantas Crew position base din Sydney - I'll let you know how I progress! It sounds like I just missed out on applying for the full-time international position

Hi,
Take my advice, DON'T do it.
​​​​​​If all you wanna do is just flying then casual is a good point of entry but it's definitely not a bridge to fast track over to international.

When you apply internally as a casual, you will be put on hold and that could easily be 12 months or more.

If you want to do full time domestic then it's a much faster transfer from casual.

My advice is, apply for other airlines but Qantas and Jetstar [ MAM, Altara domestic, Altara Qantas link, Altara Jetstar, Qantaslink ]. If international comes up in 3 months time you can easily apply externally and get through faster.
If you are a casual you won't be able to apply for any full time positions until you have been in the role for 12 months then not to mention the exhausting waiting time if you are successful. You could easily be looking at 2 years!

A lot of MAM and Altara casuals are just sitting and waiting to go over to international while people from outside are streaming through at light speed... 😯

Think very carefully..... seriously long and hard....

SnakeBite
19th Mar 2023, 23:04

Hello. What do you mean by external recruitment has stopped? Do you mean the QF int. CC advertisement position published online or the recruitment stage of existing people with final pending steps (Bodycare booking, ACIC, contract offer)?

SnakeBite
20th Mar 2023, 00:11
I don't have a crystal ball:

QF recruitment internal vs external, 2022 vs. 2023, SYD vs. MEL base, snail pace vs lightspeed, ☯️

Whatever you read a year ago might not be applicable as things change hence the accuracy of information may not be applicable to me or you.
I seek likeminded people who are more or less with similar AD 7 March 2023 SYD being successful for next stage awaiting for Bodycare booking, ACIC clearance.
Maybe there is someone who can shed some light into its current process 💫?

I am an external applicant currently living in Melbourne. Feel free to reach out per private msg. I also seek a room in Sydney if this is going to work out. Would be great to share an apartment with someone in similar situation than me, even if its temporary. I worked as a CC for many years before ✌️

AND hey.. lets be all optimistic. We did and do everything we can and its up to the universe where the next will lead us 🌠

dailyminyo
20th Mar 2023, 00:51
Hi I applied for international cc syd based currently living in melbourne. I am just waiting on my golden call and I realized that melb based is opened for international cc applicants. Should I wait for a golden call or is it possible to re apply as a mel base? Thank you

WR2023
20th Mar 2023, 01:08
Hi Everyone :)

Just wanted to find out if anyone else received a GS start date for April 18th 2023? Message me so I can add you on Insta :)

Olivia1
20th Mar 2023, 11:19
Hey Guys! Does anyone have a start date for the 26th April? Exact same question as the previous post, but I would love to connect also prior to school :)

Yumm34
20th Mar 2023, 19:55
Hey Guys! Does anyone have a start date for the 26th April? Exact same question as the previous post, but I would love to connect also prior to school :)

Hey congrats! :)
Just wondering, where is the 26th April GS being held??

Does anyone know if it’s usually only one Abu Dhabi GS per month or is it just random..?
also I haven’t seen anyone say they’ve been allocated London GS, is London not part of the GS location anymore?
Thanks!

Olivia1
20th Mar 2023, 21:23
Hey congrats! :)
Just wondering, where is the 26th April GS being held??

Does anyone know if it’s usually only one Dubai GS per month or is it just random..?
also I haven’t seen anyone say they’ve been allocated London GS, is London not part of the GS location anymore?
Thanks!

Sydney and Abu Dhabi it’s being held at, there’s no Dubai ground school

Yumm34
21st Mar 2023, 11:41
Sydney and Abu Dhabi it’s being held at, there’s no Dubai ground school
oh haha thanks I meant Abu Dhabi
so no London GS anymore? I heard people saying they have London GS but I haven’t heard anyone say it for a while now

Koko90
22nd Mar 2023, 06:50
Any news, updates or crewmours for internal applications?

oxfordgal
23rd Mar 2023, 03:31
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone who has transferred from the Sydney to Melbourne pool have received the golden call? I saw that an ad was put up for Melbourne crew a week ago... Hopefully this means we will hear back in the next few weeks. The waiting game is killing me... :ok: Wondering if there are others who attended the Sydney AD on 29th Nov still waiting too?

dailyminyo
23rd Mar 2023, 20:38
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone who has transferred from the Sydney to Melbourne pool have received the golden call? I saw that an ad was put up for Melbourne crew a week ago... Hopefully this means we will hear back in the next few weeks. The waiting game is killing me... :ok: Wondering if there are others who attended the Sydney AD on 29th Nov still waiting too?

Hi, hope you are doing well. I applied for cc international based in sydney and had an assessment on Feb.

just wondering I am living in melbourne and would like to transfer base to melbourne too and I thought we only could ask transfer after GS? Can you please tell me your story how you asked for transferring and their answers? Thank you

br787
23rd Mar 2023, 23:21

I was at the Syd AD on the 29th Nov too, selected to stay Syd base, still haven't heard anything

1plus1is11
24th Mar 2023, 01:29
Good news is coming soon I believe

Hi,

Are you saying this based on faaa post on Facebook?
They've just readvertised QD for Melbourne and Brisbane, seems to me they're desperately short and is not willing to let crew crossing over yet or it could be they're trying to fill positions in domestic so they could move people on hold forward.

Either ways we shall see.... 👁️👁️

Koko90
24th Mar 2023, 07:27
Good news is coming soon I believe

please enlighten us! What kind of good news 😉

Koko90
25th Mar 2023, 00:45
Did anyone else receive an email yesterday afternoon

“at this stage, your application is is still under consideration, and we’ll provide another update for you shortly”

what does this mean? Good or bad?

1plus1is11
25th Mar 2023, 02:04
Did anyone else receive an email yesterday afternoon

“at this stage, your application is is still under consideration, and we’ll provide another update for you shortly”

what does this mean? Good or bad?

Hi,

My hand is up for that one ✋
It's a tugging and pulling game, when you thought things are slowly moving forward they throw in an inconspicuous email to keep everyone up at night.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/220x121/scary_nightmare_9a721976be3bed45468d8a75be13137622aedae3.gif

My pure guess is they still haven't got enough people in domestic that's why they're hesitant to release crew. They've also re advertised internally for Melbourne and Brisbane domestic.

Hold on tight, it's only been 14 months.
People are slowly turning to dust at this rate.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/220x123/mummy_the_mummys_shroud_09a2c701c1bd8314b1ae619bbc2531fa77cc 55b7.gif

Flighty12345
25th Mar 2023, 03:16
Hi,

My hand is up for that one ✋

It's a tugging and pulling game, when you thought things are slowly moving forward they throw in an inconspicuous email to keep everyone up at night.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/220x121/scary_nightmare_9a721976be3bed45468d8a75be13137622aedae3.gif

My pure guess is they still haven't got enough people in domestic that's why they're hesitant to release crew. They've also re advertised internally for Melbourne and Brisbane domestic.

Hold on tight, it's only been 14 months.

People are slowly turning to dust at this rate.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/220x123/mummy_the_mummys_shroud_09a2c701c1bd8314b1ae619bbc2531fa77cc 55b7.gif

I feel for you all! Maybe they'd be able to recruit more people externally into domestic if they stopped offering horrible causal contracts...I'd consider leaving my current airline for QF domestic if it was directly employed full time. Been a casual once and never ever again.

1plus1is11
26th Mar 2023, 01:57
I feel for you all! Maybe they'd be able to recruit more people externally into domestic if they stopped offering horrible causal contracts...I'd consider leaving my current airline for QF domestic if it was directly employed full time. Been a casual once and never ever again.

Hi,

​​​​​​Such mess at the moment, the causals who've been working under a year are being put on hold for full time positions while the people who took the redundancy are invited back for full time roles.

​​​​​​Traditionally the west coast hire direct full time into domestic, now there's nothing but casuals. The east coast is offering full time domestic but it's only applicable to internals only.

Meanwhile they're hiring 24/7 for casuals.
After working for several months they realised how horrid it is, some stick it out for full time while others run for their lives....

​​​​​​
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/220x119/nikki_deloach_hallmarkies_8717b8ceb358abdd1aaefc487e279b3e03 efa6f1.gif

Chicken or Fish or V
26th Mar 2023, 22:51
Is the ‘golden call’ from a private number?

Sending good vibes to all those waiting to hear back.

Koko90
27th Mar 2023, 05:26
Any updates from anyone on anything? Things seem to be quiet and slowing down

Kelkel
27th Mar 2023, 08:23
Hi Guys!
This is my second time applying for Qantas International Cabin Crew - I was successful and invited to GS the first time around however I had relocated at the time to Canada and was unable to make it work. This time around I was invited to do an online chat questionnaire the following day after applying however I haven’t heard back. I don’t remember this step last time, just the video interview then AD. Has anyone else had this chat step and been successful and moved onto the next stage? I’ve yet to hear anything & im hoping it all went well.

Flossyb
27th Mar 2023, 08:26
Has anyone had any luck calling them to get any more information? Does anyone know of a number that we can call for more information or any updates?

Skiesthedream
27th Mar 2023, 10:53
Well, I never thought I’d finally get to make this post, but I got my golden call today. Pretty excited.

For all those still waiting. Don’t give up. Things do move when you least expect it.

Koko90
27th Mar 2023, 10:58
Well, I never thought I’d finally get to make this post, but I got my golden call today. Pretty excited.

For all those still waiting. Don’t give up. Things do move when you least expect it.

Congratulations, well done. Are you internal? If so are you TJD, altara? When do you start?

Sus04
27th Mar 2023, 12:31
Congratulations! How long have you been waiting and when is your GS start date?

Flighty12345
27th Mar 2023, 20:25
Hi Guys!
This is my second time applying for Qantas International Cabin Crew - I was successful and invited to GS the first time around however I had relocated at the time to Canada and was unable to make it work. This time around I was invited to do an online chat questionnaire the following day after applying however I haven’t heard back. I don’t remember this step last time, just the video interview then AD. Has anyone else had this chat step and been successful and moved onto the next stage? I’ve yet to hear anything & im hoping it all went well.

which base have you applied for? MEL or SYD?

Skiesthedream
27th Mar 2023, 23:43
Congratulations, well done. Are you internal? If so are you TJD, altara? When do you start?

thanks,
yes I’m internal TJD and start 23 May

Skiesthedream
27th Mar 2023, 23:44
Congratulations! How long have you been waiting and when is your GS start date?

Thank you! I’ve been waiting since Jan2019 if you count that(thanks covid)
start 23 May

Kelkel
28th Mar 2023, 04:15
Melbourne :)

which base have you applied for? MEL or SYD?

Koko90
29th Mar 2023, 22:30
Thank you! I’ve been waiting since Jan2019 if you count that(thanks covid)
start 23 May

hello “skies the dream” congratulations, excited for you, especially after such a long wait. Seems like they are making there way through the active hold list. Have you heard any other news about JQ Melbourne base in regards to conversion? if you don’t mind me asking, did you receive any emails or updates before you got the call?

dailyminyo
30th Mar 2023, 02:45
Has anyone from 2nd Feb AD heard any news from Qantas? Eg. golden call.. status updated…

SnakeBite
30th Mar 2023, 05:41
Has anyone from 2nd Feb AD heard any news from Qantas? Eg. golden call.. status updated…

Hi there.

I have sent you a pm on the 28th.

Today I received Bodycare SMS and email (7th Mar AD). I am not aware of a system where we can check detailed status (ASIC, Reference, Certificates, Bodycare) besides the My Application Status ¨In process¨ at myworkdayjobs.com. Maybe internal applicants have more insight about their status 🤷‍♂️

Flossyb
30th Mar 2023, 10:32
Anyone did medicals late dec - late jan receive any updates?

No, no updates. I did my medicals between Xmas Eve and 28/12. I called to ask about asic check and all they said was that it was all ok. No reference to medicals or anything else

Gigiqf
3rd Apr 2023, 17:40
Hi everyone,

I received my golden call yesterday for a start date in Sydney end of May, medical completed beginning of March (4 weeks in between medical and receiving the call). Good things are coming, hang in there!

dailyminyo
4th Apr 2023, 00:07
Hi everyone,

I received my golden call yesterday for a start date in Sydney end of May, medical completed beginning of March (4 weeks in between medical and receiving the call). Good things are coming, hang in there!

Hi Congrats!! 🎊

when was your AD?

Sus04
4th Apr 2023, 01:53
Hi everyone,

CONGRATULATIONS 🎉
Is all of your 8 weeks training in Sydney?

Flossyb
4th Apr 2023, 23:27
Hi any externals got an email saying the recruitment process is delaying and your application is still under consideration?

Yes, I received this on Friday. What do you make of it? I wasn’t sure what it really meant

Sus04
5th Apr 2023, 00:04
Hi, no I didn’t. A few other mates also didn’t receive this email. Was there anything else said regarding foreseeable dates?
I didn’t receive it either. Can anyone shed any light on why some received it and others didn’t?

WR2023
5th Apr 2023, 01:59

yes, I had my AD on the 2nd Feb during the morning session. I’ll be starting GS on the 18th April, so not long to go 😊

Yumm34
5th Apr 2023, 03:18
Hey everyone,

I have been waiting for my golden call for a few months now. I haven’t heard anything from them since the last Melb position opening email and haven’t received the email about the recruitment being delayed. Would it help to give them a call to check how my process is going?
If so, which number do I call to contact talent acquisition?
Thanks 🥺

littlenicky23
5th Apr 2023, 07:20
Hey everyone,

I have been waiting for my golden call for a few months now. I haven’t heard anything from them since the last Melb position opening email and haven’t received the email about the recruitment being delayed. Would it help to give them a call to check how my process is going?
If so, which number do I call to contact talent acquisition?
Thanks 🥺

Same boat! I been waiting since Nov and still haven’t got a call i did emailed TA and they got back to me saying I’m on an active hold pool waiting for GS. For now they don’t have an update on when I’m getting a start date 🤷🏻‍♂️. I really don’t know if can wait much longer.

1plus1is11
5th Apr 2023, 08:04
Same boat! I been waiting since Nov and still haven’t got a call i did emailed TA and they got back to me saying I’m on an active hold pool waiting for GS. For now they don’t have an update on when I’m getting a start date 🤷🏻‍♂️. I really don’t know if can wait much longer.

Hi,

Just hang in there.
It really is a waiting game for most. Some will get it sooner than others but a large majority will have to play the waiting game.

There's people who've waited since last year and now just got given a start date.
Some since the beginning of covid and there are also people who've been waiting 16 years for the call.

Yes 16 years and I am not joking, these are internals of course. No news is good news....
It will happen.
​​​​​

Kelkel
6th Apr 2023, 06:03
Hi guys!
I applied for Melb Base Cabin Crew International 20 days ago, and I just noticed they posted the ad again yesterday. I completed the only chat questionnaire (which I didn’t have to do the first time) and haven’t heard anything. It said application in progress when I log in. If you are rejected does that application update to state that? I was successful once with QA however I ended up moving overseas and not going to GS. 😊

Spice5
10th Apr 2023, 08:01
So to the guys who have been given start dates in the next few months, what is everyone's ground schools looking like? are you completing the whole 8 weeks in your home base, or are groups still being sent overseas and interstate... ??

skyisthelimit123
12th Apr 2023, 07:42
Anyone who has applied for MEL in the past month since it was advertised heard anything?

djw024
13th Apr 2023, 01:49
any Syd base people been given June GS yet?
hey zzxyz,
I just accident came back to this page, I am surprised that you havent got the GS date yet, and I have been flying for almost a month now....
maybe give the TA team a ring and have a chat about your situation and let them know that you are ready to start whenever....
the training is all year long this year and every month there are 100+ new Cabin crew starting....
al a word of advice for everyone else: DO NOT DELAY YOUR START DATE, avoid it as much as you can...... your start date means seniority, although the "seniority" concept is not as significant as before, it still carries substaintial amount of weight for a lot of other things.

Kelkel
13th Apr 2023, 10:42
Anyone who has applied for MEL in the past month since it was advertised heard anything?

I got the chat questionnaire the day after applying, that’s it. You?

Wooj
13th Apr 2023, 12:05
Has anyone from 7th March AD heard any updates?
I finished my medical (physio assessment) about 2 weeks ago and still have no contact from anywhere. It makes me kinda nervous!

Flighty12345
13th Apr 2023, 19:40
I got the chat questionnaire the day after applying, that’s it. You?

That’s good! I’ve had nothing at all 🙁

Spice5
13th Apr 2023, 23:28
Wooj - My assessment day was a week before yours. Completed Bodycare a week ago... Patience is a virtue... The drug test remains valid for 60 days... So I would say we would hear within the next 4 weeks! It will happen

Kayd23
14th Apr 2023, 02:41
Yes, I received this on Friday. What do you make of it? I wasn’t sure what it really meant

I just received this email. I'm also wondering what it really means. My AD was 7 March and finished my medical 6 April

Kayd23
14th Apr 2023, 03:32
Has anyone from 7th March AD heard any updates?
I finished my medical (physio assessment) about 2 weeks ago and still have no contact from anywhere. It makes me kinda nervous!

My AD was 7th March, finished my physical medical assessment 6th April. Today I received an email saying apologies for the delay in the recruitment process and that my application is still under consideration and that I will receive an update soon. Did you receive an update email?

Kayd23
14th Apr 2023, 04:44
Hi there.

I have sent you a pm on the 28th.

Today I received Bodycare SMS and email (7th Mar AD). I am not aware of a system where we can check detailed status (ASIC, Reference, Certificates, Bodycare) besides the My Application Status ¨In process¨ at myworkdayjobs.com. Maybe internal applicants have more insight about their status 🤷‍♂️

snakebite - have you received anything other updates? My AD was also 7th March and I did my physical medical 6th April

Shellou131
14th Apr 2023, 05:35
Yes, I received an email earlier today too that the recruitment process is taking longer and that my application is still under consideration

Eminthesky
14th Apr 2023, 07:19
I just received this email. I'm also wondering what it really means. My AD was 7 March and finished my medical 6 April

I receive it as well today, follow by an email from TA saying that my application will be on active pool until they know GS start date.

Kayd23
14th Apr 2023, 09:52
I receive it as well today, follow by an email from TA saying that my application will be on active pool until they know GS start date.

Oh really! The second email said your application will be on active pool until they know a ground school date? Did it say anything else? Well sounds like a good sign to me. When was your AD? And when did you finish you medical? Good luck!

Spice5
14th Apr 2023, 12:16
I received the "recruitment is taking longer than expected" email also today!

Eminthesky
14th Apr 2023, 13:52
Oh really! The second email said your application will be on active pool until they know a ground school date? Did it say anything else? Well sounds like a good sign to me. When was your AD? And when did you finish you medical? Good luck!

same AD as you 7th March.
nothing else besides that, only says they will reach out once they have an update.

I completed the medical on Monday last week and TA has confirmed that they received it and all cleared.

Koko90
17th Apr 2023, 12:23
Any internals still waiting? Any updates from anyone? Things seemed to have been quiet…

1plus1is11
17th Apr 2023, 15:30
Any internals still waiting? Any updates from anyone? Things seemed to have been quiet…

Hi,

Are you from Altara Jetstar?
The internals who've applied early last year, mainly MAMs have all been given start dates.
Some will be trained in Australia, others are going to London. That is being post poned till mid May though, coronation is taking place and accommendation is hard to come by.

There are still alot of Altaras in domestic being put on hold. Just do your thing and try not to worry too much about it, I know it's hard but you need to have extreme patience...

SnakeBite
17th Apr 2023, 17:45
snakebite - have you received anything other updates? My AD was also 7th March and I did my physical medical 6th April

I received only the "thank you for your patience" email.
Bodycare has been completed on the 3rd April.

No "active pool" email... ?
​​​​

Kayd23
17th Apr 2023, 21:28
I received only the "thank you for your patience" email.
Bodycare has been completed on the 3rd April.

No "active pool" email... ?
​​​​

Okay, most people I've heard from only received the "your application is still under consideration and thank you for your patience" email. Sounds like they are figuring out GS dates, it has only been 6 weeks - the average wait sounds like around 6-12 weeks. Fingers crossed for us all

Wooj
17th Apr 2023, 21:42
My AD was 7th March, finished my physical medical assessment 6th April. Today I received an email saying apologies for the delay in the recruitment process and that my application is still under consideration and that I will receive an update soon. Did you receive an update email?

I received the "apologies for the delay" email on last Friday too, but nothing else. No "active pool" email as well. Hope we can get another update soon!

QFFLYER22
18th Apr 2023, 23:54
😃 Hopefully the internals here soon, they have had lots of internals commence in both Sydney and Melbourne base for QCCA since September last year, mainly all from QantasLink Dash and Qantas ground roles, I had 4 internals in my GS. I think they prioritise QF employed internals over contractors from altara and MAM.

Hi,

Are you from Altara Jetstar?
The internals who've applied early last year, mainly MAMs have all been given start dates.
Some will be trained in Australia, others are going to London. That is being post poned till mid May though, coronation is taking place and accommendation is hard to come by.

There are still alot of Altaras in domestic being put on hold. Just do your thing and try not to worry too much about it, I know it's hard but you need to have extreme patience...

Yumm34
20th Apr 2023, 01:34
Hey guys
For those who went to Abu Dhabi for GS, how long did you stay there for?
I’m going soon but I haven’t received any information yet :(

dailyminyo
20th Apr 2023, 11:18
Hey guys

congrats! It is not answer for your question just wondering when was your AD and when does your GS start from?

Tidda
21st Apr 2023, 00:13
Has anyone be given a ground school from AD Feb 2? I'm still waiting, they've just called me to tell me my medical is under review again.. i completed it on 27 Feb so i called bodycare and they told me everything was fine that its just Qantas Medical team checking on it, does anyone know how long that takes? The waiting for a date is killing me lol

Kylie walker
25th Apr 2023, 00:13
I think no news is good news in this case!
Has anyone seen that Altara are advertising also for Qantas casual positions, but it doesn’t specify if international or domestic. The position is bne, syd and Mel base. Anyone apply?

yes, that’s the ad I applied through and was in tied to AD. I have submitted my certs for RSA, CPR and swimming competency. I am now waiting on my ID ASIC checks, however I had trouble upload and now the site says ‘under maintenance, will be back up 27/4’

I also want to mention, I was instructed to upload a professional passport photo, so don’t upload a full body shot, they want a proper passport quality photo. Best of luck everyone!

Watto22
27th Apr 2023, 05:31
My timeline: applied online Oct 2022, AD and medical Nov 2022, GS date May 30th 2023, yes 7 months from original application to GS date. I'm Sydney, external. Fingers crossed for you all, it can be a long wait that's for sure. I now have to redo my CPR and part of my medical as both have expired, do US visa application, online learning etc. AND THEN the hard work starts at GS. All training in Sydney.

Eminthesky
27th Apr 2023, 05:54
My timeline: applied online Oct 2022, AD and medical Nov 2022, GS date May 30th 2023, yes 7 months from original application to GS date. I'm Sydney, external. Fingers crossed for you all, it can be a long wait that's for sure. I now have to redo my CPR and part of my medical as both have expired, do US visa application, online learning etc. AND THEN the hard work starts at GS. All training in Sydney.

Congratulations!!
Did you just got your golden call today?

Kylie walker
27th Apr 2023, 06:55
Hey guys

I attended QantasLink AD:
I just want to ask, do we apply for the medical test ourselves?
Or are we given instructions on where to have the medical completed?
thank you in advance!

Sorry I couldn’t answer your question about ground school, congratulations for ABu Dhabi!!!!🥳 Habibi!

Eminthesky
27th Apr 2023, 10:21
I attended QantasLink AD:
I just want to ask, do we apply for the medical test ourselves?
Or are we given instructions on where to have the medical completed?
thank you in advance!

congratulations for ABu Dhabi!!!!🥳 Habibi!

You will receive text messages to your phone from Bodycare to complete the payment and schedule your prefer date for the medical.

Kylie walker
27th Apr 2023, 17:03
You will receive text messages to your phone from Bodycare to complete the payment and schedule your prefer date for the medical.

Eminthesky,
thanks so much for the info re: Bodycare, good of you to share the info..
cheers
😌

debbieitaly
30th Apr 2023, 06:33
Hi all, I start my ground school on may 18, eeek very excited 😊, just wondering if anyone knows whether most of the training will be in uniform or our own clothes? Also does anyone know what the heel requirements are for work (I'm aware we change into flats once in the plane)? I'm just not sure what heel height to buy. Also which pantyhose do most girls buy and which colour would be great to know. And which colour lipstick. Also is it true we can't wear eye-liner? Thanks so much if anyone knows the answers I'd be so grateful xx

Kylie walker
30th Apr 2023, 16:45
Hi all, I start my ground school on may 18, eeek very excited 😊, just wondering if anyone knows whether most of the training will be in uniform or our own clothes? Also does anyone know what the heel requirements are for work (I'm aware we change into flats once in the plane)? I'm just not sure what heel height to buy. Also which pantyhose do most girls buy and which colour would be great to know. And which colour lipstick. Also is it true we can't wear eye-liner? Thanks so much if anyone knows the answers I'd be so grateful xx

congratulations on GS Debbie,
I am external, Melbourne applicant.

sorry, I can’t answer your question re: uniforms however, I have researched Qantas preferred style and I know a neat Chignon is preferred instead of donut type buns, (although I wore a small donut and passed AD).
and natural looking makeup, less is more. Also light shades of pink for lip and nails.

I found this info (below) when searching for shoes myself..

QANTAS CREW: Shoes are available to view in the Qantas Melbourne base, and Sydney uniform department.
Can I get advice on what shoes are best for me?
YES! Please contact (https://www.louisemshoes.com/pages/contact-louise) Louise she would love to help you. Phone 0417 933 523 (tel:0417 933 523).

jadenjosh123
1st May 2023, 01:32

hi Debbie congrats and well done! I start the same day too! Are you Sydney based?

Watto22
1st May 2023, 04:50
Congratulations!!

Yes, I got a call last week for a May GS. You've been waiting a while too haven't you?

Watto22
1st May 2023, 04:58
Congratulations!!

Hi Debbie,
Did your training get delayed? I thought I saw something from you with an earlier date. Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else. Regarding uniforms, you get fitted for them early on but you're not wearing them until the service training at the end is what guys I know who are currently training have told me. Grooming is also covered at this time.

highfly8
1st May 2023, 06:08
Hi Everyone!

I applied for QCCA on October 2022,
questionnaire on November 2022,
AD on February 2023
ID Security Check application on March 2nd 2023
Medical March 31st 2023

Have not heard back yet. Body care called me early April asking if i had done my drug and alcohol. I said yes i have and they asked when and where. And got the same call again day after and the day after again. Haven't heard back since. Anyone going through anything similar?

debbieitaly
1st May 2023, 10:04
hi Debbie congrats and well done! I start the same day too! Are you Sydney based?
Hi Jaden, it's so good to finally meet someone in my ground school! Yes I'm Sydney based, but I live in Brisbane so I'm currently trying to work out where I'm staying and what to pack. We seem to have a lot of days off don't we, it's going to be an expensive few months for those of us coming from interstate, yikes!

debbieitaly
1st May 2023, 10:06
congratulations on GS Debbie,
I am external, Melbourne applicant.

sorry, I can’t answer your question re: uniforms however, I have researched Qantas preferred style and I know a neat Chignon is preferred instead of donut type buns, (although I wore a small donut and passed AD).
and natural looking makeup, less is more. Also light shades of pink for lip and nails.

I found this info (below) when searching for shoes myself..

QANTAS CREW: Shoes are available to view in the Qantas Melbourne base, and Sydney uniform department.
Can I get advice on what shoes are best for me?
YES! Please contact (https://www.louisemshoes.com/pages/contact-louise) Louise she would love to help you. Phone 0417 933 523 (tel:0417 933 523).
ThanknyThank you so much Kylie, you're a legend xx

debbieitaly
1st May 2023, 10:13
Hi Debbie,
Did your training get delayed? I thought I saw something from you with an earlier date. Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else. Regarding uniforms, you get fitted for them early on but you're not wearing them until the service training at the end is what guys I know who are currently training have told me. Grooming is also covered at this time.
Thanks for that Watto. And yes I was due to start GS in March but I tore my meniscus 2 weeks out and had to wait till I passed another medical before being put back into GS.

Watto22
1st May 2023, 11:44
Thanks for that Watto. And yes I was due to start GS in March but I tore my meniscus 2 weeks out and had to wait till I passed another medical before being put back into GS.
That's great you're back up and going and in a ground school this month. All the best.

jadenjosh123
1st May 2023, 15:42
Hi Jaden, it's so good to finally meet someone in my ground school! Yes I'm Sydney based, but I live in Brisbane so I'm currently trying to work out where I'm staying and what to pack. We seem to have a lot of days off don't we, it's going to be an expensive few months for those of us coming from interstate, yikes!

yes indeed! I found that quite strange with the many days off. Maybe it’s done on purpose for us to use these days as study time??
anyway hope to catch you on the day Debbie! Good luck with all the logistics you have to go through making the move 😊

Koko90
4th May 2023, 02:59
Hi internals, any news from anyone? We have a few JQ crew starting QF ground school this month! Does anyone know of there are anymore GS scheduled this year?

Kylie walker
4th May 2023, 06:12
Hi internals, any news from anyone? We have a few JQ crew starting QF ground school this month! Does anyone know of there are anymore GS scheduled this year?

Hi guys & girls,

I’ve just made GS for May 31st!
And I think there is a GS in July, this is good news for anyone worried that they haven’t heard back from recruiters,
cos if there is a GS in July, there will probably be an AD in June.

Hope this info helps
x

Koko90
4th May 2023, 06:16
Hi Ladies (& guys),

I’ve just made GS for May 31st! So happy, I believe there is also one in July, this is good news for anyone having issues submitting any particular forms eg. Bodycare or ID issues.

As I was born in the Territory, my ID may take a little longer getting back as the background checks need to be issued from my place if birth possibly.
I guess..
Hope this info helps
x

congrats, well done!

So you’re internal yeah?

Kylie walker
4th May 2023, 06:33
Hi, how soon after doing your questionnaire did you get an unsuccessful email? And do you feel like you know why you did? Sorry you didn’t get a better outcome! 👍🏼
I received the rejection letter within a few days. However, I wanted to let you know, this happened to me the first time I applied - in 2022!
Then I applied again, 2023 and got through! I did my research and I think it paid off, if I were you, id apply again, don’t give up your dream just bcos of one rejection! Show how resilient u are.
X

Kelkel
4th May 2023, 10:05
Hi Kylie,
is the questionnaire you’re referring to the chat questions or the video interview? I first applied 5 years ago and it was a video interview, successful all the way to GS however I moved overseas and did not attend. I’ve reapplied now I’m back home and I was sent a chat questionair the day after however haven’t heard anything since.

Straight away, I received the rejection letter. But, I wanted to let you know, the same thing happened to me the first time I applied - 12 months ago!
Then I applied again, and miraculously, got through. I did my research and I think it paid off, as I knew how to answer the questions and what they were talking about. It helps when u know what they prioritise and what they’re looking for. However, the girl with international cabin crew exp (who didn’t get invited to AD) I do not understand why she was rejected?? Maybe they analysed the airline’s recent performance and needed to hire more staff, and that’s how someone with no cabin crew exp got through, vs others who are qualified didn’t. maybe it’s just timing? Who knows.
I would Apply again, don’t give up on your dream. X

Kylie walker
4th May 2023, 10:57
Hi Kylie,
is the questionnaire you’re referring to the chat questions or the video interview? I first applied 5 years ago and it was a video interview, successful all the way to GS however I moved overseas and did not attend. I’ve reapplied now I’m back home and I was sent a chat questionair the day after however haven’t heard anything since.
Hi Kel,
the chat questions, I found them easy and enjoyable as I researched the answers really well.
what made u leave? A better job offer? Was it for another airline?
so have u attended the AD this year?
or just completed your questionnaire? I think they take a wk to reply, or maybe less time, not long. It’s the waiting after the AD that stressed me the most, but now I’m super worried abt the fitness test. Ive been jogging daily but my upper body strength is terrible, I need another month of training to be REALLY fit.

I did a similar thing when I was young; I sold my car and relocated to HK, naively thinking I could get a job there, but as it happened the language barrier was too challenging, so I came home broke and feeling totally lost.

25 years later.. when I first applied for Qantas cabin crew, I just applied online and told the recruiter i wasn’t comfortable being filmed for cultural reasons which they accepted and I was sent the questionnaire link.
when I answered all the questions the second time I applied, i felt way more confident and answers were more polished as I’d researched how to promote a safety culture, and I also had more clearer idea of how to answer the questions. The first time I didn’t research anything and that’s probably why my answers were incorrect.

Now I understand the importance of safety, how to answer questions in star format, and shows I understand the question, I think this is why I was successful the 2nd time round and invited to an AD. I still can’t believe I’m possibly going to ground school late May. It depends on my medical results and if I get my asic back on time, but my recruiter said I can push back the GS date until July 2023. In 2003
I had 2 dependants I was in my mid 20’s and although I always wanted to apply, I knew my partner would not support me or the children.

I’m just glad I haven’t aged too badly and feel fit enough to still do my job well for several years. I plan to practice my Chinese language skills until I’m more fluent (12 months) then I can apply for international cabin crew positions. I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but that’s the plan! 😂

I’d be pretty stoked if I was working Regional or domestic routes as this has been my dream career since forever.
Can u imagine working on an A380 Dreamliner! Whoa.. and better pay.

what position did u apply for Kel? Where are you with your application?

Kelkel
4th May 2023, 11:03
Hi Kylie,
I’m so thrilled for you that you are finally getting to live our your dream! It sounds like you definitely deserve it after putting the work in. I’m sure you will be flying internationally down the track too, you seem determined to achieve yours goals. How very exciting. Sending you all the good vibes and wishes for your Qantas journey!

I’ve applied for International Base Melbourne, same as I did in the past.
Last time I heard back for a video interview followed by assessment day quickly. I’m a little concerned that I have not heard anything after my chat questionair to indicate if I would be moving forward or not. Not even a video interview option… My application online says in progress and not rejected so I’m hoping that’s a good sign 😅

Hi Kel,
I did a similar thing when I was young, sold my car and relocated to HK naively thinking I could easily get a job there, but as it happened, the language barrier was just too challenging so I came home feeling a bit lost.

25 years later.. when I first applied for Qantas cabin crew, I just applied online and said I wasn’t comfortable being filmed for personal reasons and they accepted this and sent me the questionnaire link. when I answered the questions the second time I applied, i felt more confident and answers were more polished as I had researched how one promotes a safety culture, and also had more clearer idea of how to answer the questions. The first time I didn’t research anything and probably answered incorrectly.
Now I understand the importance of safety, how to answer questions in the star format and in a way that shows I understand the questions, I think this is why I was successful the 2nd time round and invited to an AD. I still can’t believe I’m going to ground school in May. It depends on my medical results and if I get an asic card in time, but my recruiter said I can push back GS for July 2023.
I had dependants when I was in my mid 20’s and although I wanted to apply then, my partner was not supportive.
I’m just glad I aged well and still feel fit enough to do my job well for several years. I plan to practice my Cantonese until I’m more fluent (6-12 months) then I will apply for international cabin crew. I’m getting ahead of myself, but that’s the plan, anyway 😂

I’d be pretty stoked if I was working Regionally or domestically as this has always been my dream career.
Can u imagine working on an A380 Dreamliner! Whoa, much better pay too.
what position did u apply for Kel?

Kylie walker
4th May 2023, 11:21
[QUOTE=Kylie walker;11426712]Eminthesky,
thanks so much for the info re: Bodycare, good of you to share the info..
cheers
😌[/QUOTE

I found some good info about the Bodycare physio test, which has made me even more worried.. we have to lift 26kg weight above our head?! Omg..

Kylie walker
4th May 2023, 11:29
I received an email last week inviting me to an assessment day this week in Melb. I was given Wed or Thur morning to choose from. I don't know if there have been any other assessment days held this year or not but if people have already been offered positions as mentioned earlier in this chat then there must have been unless they are internals and there may be a different process. From previous experience (pre covid), assessment days are usually groups of between 30-40 people so it will take a while to get through successful applicants as they are most likely short staffed within the recruitment team. If you haven't heard anything yet then just sit tight. No news is good news in this case. It's going to be a long process. I went through all of this in 2019 and the process took 6 mths from application to being offered a base. Sadly covid came along before I could start GS and well - the rest is history. Good Luck 🤞

2019, Covid- what a waste of 2 years.. you were about to start GS!
Wow, that is really crap, glad it’s over and we’re all ok.

Thanks for the timelines and good advice Danigirl, not knowing is the most stressful, so having an idea on how long each section takes to progress is reassuring to know.

i wish the same for you, and all Qantas applicants - best of luck, think positive thoughts! 🙏

Kelkel
4th May 2023, 11:32
Hi Natasha, have you heard anything back since your questionair?

Hi FL23,

Can I ask when you submitted your application? I applied about a week ago and completed the questionnaire but yet to hear anything back?

Thanks!

Kylie walker
4th May 2023, 11:49
I am soooo glad you posted this! I had a very similar experience with the hearing and vision test. Mine was done in a non sound proof consultation room, on a busy main road, and their laptop was downloading something in the background. It was atrocious, and when I expressed my concern, she rolled her eyes and laughed and said itll be fine dont worry. Then for the reading test, I told her I didn't have my reading glasses with me because they'd called me while I was out and asked me to come in straight away as they'd had a cancellation. She said oh don't worry you did ok without them. I said oh ok isn't good enough for this role, can we do it when I have my glasses, and she again just laughed and said stop worrying you'll be fine. So i called bodycare this morning and told them what happened, and they said theyll be investigating it. When I spoke to other people about that place they also said they seem to just want to get it done quickly and aren't really concerned with meeting standards. So it looks like this happens quite a lot unfortunately.

“It better be fine,
It’s not her career on the line!
i just read your post and can’t believe they were so blasé. so will they cover the $300 for your repeated test, if they fail you? unbelievable.. it’s really unacceptable ro be treated in this way.

If you did well in every aspect, except the audio test, I’d be making a fuss about this to the manager of Bodycare as this partly due to internal distractions.

I would seriously speak to your recruiter either way, and if candidates are having to push back their starting dates this is going to be a major inconvenience,

So do you know if you passed?
Thanks for speaking up and sharing your concerns. I hope you passed

debbieitaly
4th May 2023, 12:13
“It’ll be fine..” it better be! It’s not her career on the line!
i just read your post and can’t believe what I’m reading, honestly I’m shocked at the lack of professionalism.
so they’ll be covering the $400 if you are asked to repeat the test right? unbelievable..

If you did well in every aspect, except the audio testing, I’d be making a huge fuss about this to the man gaging director of Bodycare, as this was not your fault and cost of doing it again - due to internal distractions is not on.
I would seriously speak to your recruiter either way as they are paying for this test and if candidates are having to push back starting times this is going to cost people money and is a huge inconvenience!
if it has to be repeated, it’s either costing Qantas, or US hard earned money. If one was to add up the number of applicants in 1 AD group, the cost would exceed tens of thousands.

So so you know if you passed? Im dying to know the outcome.
And if no, will this affect your GS start date?

seriously, how patronising can you get? Good for you for speaking up and raising a legit concern.
I passed thank goodness. But yes, I felt the same as you, but I realised probably not many girls speak up about it because they're petrified of appearing negative during the assessment process, and getting a subsequent rejection based on poor attitude, hence there's likely very few repeats.

Kylie walker
4th May 2023, 12:20
Hi Kylie,
I’m so thrilled for you that you are finally getting to live our your dream! It sounds like you definitely deserve it after putting the work in. I’m sure you will be flying internationally down the track too, you seem determined to achieve yours goals. How very exciting. Sending you all the good vibes and wishes for your Qantas journey!

I’ve applied for International Base Melbourne, same as I did in the past.
Last time I heard back for a video interview followed by assessment day quickly. I’m a little concerned that I have not heard anything after my chat questionair to indicate if I would be moving forward or not. Not even a video interview option… My application online says in progress and not rejected so I’m hoping that’s a good sign 😅

Thank you for the encouragement ❤️The fact that there is a GS date set for July means they are recruiting many more. Green dots is good!
I live under the flight path and I know why they are recruiting, there are Sooo many int. flights, my reasoning for withdrawing my int. application in place of regional is age. But regional will be a good foundation. I decided to stick with Qantaslink bcos I was progressing and I felt I might be too old to make it all the way through to GS if I changed my preference mid course, and I thought I could always apply internally in 6 months, as an employee. It would be a safer option than starting my application from scratch. Im not 20 or 30, I’m at the age of when most FA’s retire! You on the other hand just have to be patient - as you have green dots! As u know, this means you’re application is in progress. You’ll probably be in the July GS.
You don’t need luck, if u did well on your previous occasion, you’ll be fine, you’ll probably get your AD next month.

Ive been training but I’m still worried about passing my medical on Monday!

Kylie walker
4th May 2023, 13:08
I passed thank goodness. But yes, I felt the same as you, but I realised probably not many girls speak up about it because they're petrified of appearing negative during the assessment process, and getting a subsequent rejection based on poor attitude, hence there's likely very few repeats.

Note to self: bring glasses 🤓

Kylie walker
4th May 2023, 13:27

hi,
Its really nice reading comments, I’m glad I found this forum.
So glad u passed! you can breathe a sigh of relief now! And mentally prepare to study & take in all the skills from GS.

I wanted to ask abt the physio test,
do u attend gym regularly?
Ive just started jogging and doing upper body strength training in the last month

I still have weak upper body strength!
I’m ok with dumbbells but when I try to lift (20kg) above my head, I seriously struggle!

Im so worried im gonna fail this lift test.
Was it a struggle to lift the 36kg? I’ve read 26kg is a LOT of weight for a female! But 36?
————————————————

Kylie walker
4th May 2023, 13:57
AD usually goes for 3-4 hours depending on the flows.
It starts at 9am but you are required to attend earlier (8:30/8:45).

If you fly on the same day for the morning AD, would it be too rush for you as you wake up early and fly to SYD? Also with air traffic/ cancel flight etc. Would you think that will be a bit tricky?

Also I understand some people may not have the luxury to come a day before because of different reasons.

if anyone needs to fly to melb to attend their AD I have a spare bedroom u can stay at my place for the night and fly home the next day, I live right near melb airport

Watto22
4th May 2023, 22:49
hi,
Its really nice reading comments, I’m glad I found this forum.
So glad u passed! you can breathe a sigh of relief now! And mentally prepare to study & take in all the skills from GS.

I wanted to ask abt the physio test,
do u attend gym regularly?
Ive just started jogging and doing upper body strength training in the last month

I still have weak upper body strength!
I’m ok with dumbbells but when I try to lift (20kg) above my head, I seriously struggle!

Im so worried im gonna fail this lift test.
Was it a struggle to lift the 36kg? I’ve read 26kg is a LOT of weight for a female! But 36?
————————————————
Hi Kylie,
I did my medical back in November. I was asked to lift 20kg above my head. The physio "spotted" me and I was able to do it that way. They are looking to see you use generally the right form and are safe in how you move. The same with the 50KG weight I was asked to move off the weight rack. Use your legs, not your back when lifting/moving equipment. The rest of my medical was pretty straight forward, sit-ups, step ups, agility testing, eye sight and audio. I got through it all and start this month. Just stay positive, you'll be able to do it. Good luck.

Kylie walker
5th May 2023, 02:37
Hi Kylie,
I did my medical back in November. I was asked to lift 20kg above my head. The physio "spotted" me and I was able to do it that way. They are looking to see you use generally the right form and are safe in how you move. The same with the 50KG weight I was asked to move off the weight rack. Use your legs, not your back when lifting/moving equipment. The rest of my medical was pretty straight forward, sit-ups, step ups, agility testing, eye sight and audio. I got through it all and start this month. Just stay positive, you'll be able to do it. Good luck.

Hi Watto22,

sorry, I remember now, you said you applied for international.
I was reading this thread when I should have been asleep, so I wasn’t concentrating. Thanks for the advice re: proper posture, Im planning to visit my mum as her apartment has weights, I’ll try lifting the 20, 30, 50kg that is a pretty heavy, when I researched safe weight limits, women aren’t supposed to lift more than 26kg above shoulder level, but I guess they need to check if we can lift an aircraft door, in the event of an emergency evacuation.
thanks so much for the info, at least I’m prepared now. Our recruiter said I’d have to lift 20kgs so I think I can manage this. I always underestimate my abilities, so hopefully the running and upper body strength training will help.
Note: to answer yoir query, the 2nd time I applied on the Altara careers site, I just searched cabin crew positions, filled out my info on their page and applied. I also applied on the Qantas careers website, was sent a standard questionnaire/ chat and then I received the the AD invite about 1-2 weeks later. It was easy! If I think of anything Ive missed, I’ll add it to my comment 🤔

OZOS
5th May 2023, 10:03
Hi everyone

i applied for QF international MEL on 14 March and haven’t heard anything. Candidate home still says application in progress. Just wondering if that’s a normal length of time to wait?

Kelkel
5th May 2023, 10:06
Hey, I’m in the same boat. I applied early march and completed a chat questionnaire the next day and haven’t heard anything since. Mine online also says in progress.Hi everyone

i applied for QF international MEL on 14 March and haven’t heard anything. Candidate home still says application in progress. Just wondering if that’s a normal length of time to wait?

benniel
5th May 2023, 11:28
I am in the same boat. I attended the 16th Feb AD and completed medical on 6th April. Confirmed with Bodycare that my results were sent through on the 6th April. Waiting anxiously for the call, and haven't received any email communicaiton. Btw, I am Sydney base.

OZOS
5th May 2023, 12:25
Thanks for the reply Kelkel. Hopefully we will hear something soon. 🙏

Eminthesky
6th May 2023, 15:16
Has anyone from March AD been given GS date yet?

Kayd23
7th May 2023, 10:40
I haven't. If I get an offer for GS date, I think mine will be later than most people in our AD because I have a holiday booked in Aug (which they know about from the interview) but who knows. The waiting is a challenge but just a part of the process haha

Eminthesky
7th May 2023, 12:14
I haven't. If I get an offer for GS date, I think mine will be later than most people in our AD because I have a holiday booked in Aug (which they know about from the interview) but who knows. The waiting is a challenge but just a part of the process haha

yeah ok please keep us posted!

Skiesthedream
8th May 2023, 00:01

debbie I’ve sent you a message :)

Kelkel
8th May 2023, 00:51
I’ve just been advised that I’m progressing to the assessment day stage ☺️ date is still to be determined! I applied for Melb Base International early March, completed the chat questionnaire the following day, and just heard back today may 8th. Woo!

Wooj
8th May 2023, 04:50

Haven't yet. My AD was afternoon session of 7th March and done medical 5 weeks ago, still waiting. Hopefully we can hear some good news within few weeks!

debbieitaly
8th May 2023, 05:42
Ahahaha, you're hilarious Kylie! I hope we get to fly together one day :)

debbieitaly
8th May 2023, 06:03
Hi guys,

Is anyone else starting GS May 18th or soon after? I only ask because since i'm living in Brisbane but applied for Sydney base, Qantas doesn't fund accommodation or flights for ground school, which in my case is 10 weeks duration due many days off in the training schedule. I've booked a room at the Adina Hotel across the road from the campus (head office in Mascot) for the first 2 weeks, but I'm hoping someone who lives in Syd can can accommodate me for the remaining 8 weeks, or that someone who is doing ground school during that time is also from interstate and wants to share somewhere. I can afford to pay up to 300/week, as I also have to keep paying my rent in Brisbane. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts or ideas. Have a great week and sprinkling lucky dust for everyone to hear something re GS or AD this week xx

Flighty12345
8th May 2023, 06:04
I’ve just been advised that I’m progressing to the assessment day stage ☺️ date is still to be determined! I applied for Melb Base International early March, completed the chat questionnaire the following day, and just heard back today may 8th. Woo!

I applied same time and haven't progressed to the questionnaire. Although same thing happened to me last year, didn't progress until 6 months after applying and had missed all the assessment days by that stage anyway :(

Kelkel
8th May 2023, 06:07
Oh I’m sorry to hear! I did apply and was invited to school a few years ago with qantas but did not end up attending as I moved overseas, note sure if that has something to do with it. They are probably just taking their time going through applications. Have you logged in to workday to see what your application status says?and checked your junk for the chat questionair? I applied same time and haven't progressed to the questionnaire. Although same thing happened to me last year, didn't progress until 6 months after applying and had missed all the assessment days by that stage anyway :(

Kelkel
8th May 2023, 11:12
My friend applied a few weeks ago and is heading to an assessment day this Thursday. Guess it’s just luck of the drawer with timing!

Thanks for the reply Kelkel. Hopefully we will hear something soon. 🙏

Flighty12345
8th May 2023, 22:30
Oh I’m sorry to hear! I did apply and was invited to school a few years ago with qantas but did not end up attending as I moved overseas, note sure if that has something to do with it. They are probably just taking their time going through applications. Have you logged in to workday to see what your application status says?and checked your junk for the chat questionair?

yep still says in progress, received an email the other week saying recruitment is taking longer than expected but that’s it. Must be something in my application that is holding me back, I’ve got a lot of flying experience so maybe this isn’t what they are after.

Kayd23
8th May 2023, 23:06
Hi guys,

Is anyone else starting GS May 18th or soon after? I only ask because since i'm living in Brisbane but applied for Sydney base, Qantas doesn't fund accommodation or flights for ground school, which in my case is 10 weeks duration due many days off in the training schedule. I've booked a room at the Adina Hotel across the road from the campus (head office in Mascot) for the first 2 weeks, but I'm hoping someone who lives in Syd can can accommodate me for the remaining 8 weeks, or that someone who is doing ground school during that time is also from interstate and wants to share somewhere. I can afford to pay up to 300/week, as I also have to keep paying my rent in Brisbane. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts or ideas. Have a great week and sprinkling lucky dust for everyone to hear something re GS or AD this week xx

Hi Debbie,

I'm from Sydney, (waiting for a GS school date offer) and although I don't have accomodation space to share I thought I'd just suggest going on facebook groups in sydney that offer short term accomodation (if you haven't tried this option yet). They are defintely cheaper than hotels, furnished etc etc. are https://www.facebook.com/groups/411592809618457/, https://www.facebook.com/groups/1837127916513008/, https://www.facebook.com/groups/BondiLocalLoop/, https://www.facebook.com/groups/131488324130186/

Good luck in GS school to you and everyone! Hopefully will get to see you all enroute

debbieitaly
8th May 2023, 23:58
Hi Debbie,

I'm from Sydney, (waiting for a GS school date offer) and although I don't have accomodation space to share I thought I'd just suggest going on facebook groups in sydney that offer short term accomodation (if you haven't tried this option yet). They are defintely cheaper than hotels, furnished etc etc. are https://www.facebook.com/groups/411592809618457/, https://www.facebook.com/groups/1837127916513008/, https://www.facebook.com/groups/BondiLocalLoop/, https://www.facebook.com/groups/131488324130186/

Good luck in GS school to you and everyone! Hopefully will get to see you all enroute
Thank you Kayd, you're an angel. I hadn't come across this group before, I'll check them out

Kelkel
9th May 2023, 02:29
Someone messaged me but it won’t let me reply as their inbox is full. If you want me to provide details to reach out another way answering your questions let me know and I can give another form of media ☺️☺️

My friend applied a few weeks ago and is heading to an assessment day this Thursday. Guess it’s just luck of the drawer with timing!

benniel
9th May 2023, 03:20
Hi,

I attended AD in Feb as well. Medical 6th April.
Have you received an update? I haven’t received any email communication as others mentioned.

Hi Everyone!

I applied for QCCA on October 2022,
questionnaire on November 2022,
AD on February 2023
ID Security Check application on March 2nd 2023
Medical March 31st 2023

Have not heard back yet. Body care called me early April asking if i had done my drug and alcohol. I said yes i have and they asked when and where. And got the same call again day after and the day after again. Haven't heard back since. Anyone going through anything similar?

Spice5
10th May 2023, 07:31
Assessment day - March 2023
Medical - 6th April
GOLDEN CALL - Today 10th May 2023
Ground School in June with Abu Dhabi component

Kelkel
10th May 2023, 07:37
Omg amazing!!! Congrats!
international ground school is the dream.
Medical - 6th April

Wooj
10th May 2023, 08:13
Medical - 6th April

Oh wow! Congratulations!
Did you apply for Qantas international? And are you an internal or external?
My AD was 7th March too. So excited to hear your good news! :)

highfly8
10th May 2023, 08:38
Medical - 6th April
congrats what great news !!! where are you based Sydney or Melbourne??

SnakeBite
10th May 2023, 10:40
Amazing. I am very happy for you 👏🌠

May I know when was your AD day in March for SYD base I assume

Did you get any emails beforehand in terms of giving notice or something in case you employed?

Medical - 6th April

benniel
10th May 2023, 10:54
It has been 8 weeks + for my ASIC. Don’t think we will receive the physical card ? I was offered GS last Oct and my AD was in March (didn’t take it as I just started a new contract and been asked to reapply this year). So this year is much faster. I am so anxious as everyone, the call will come. Life goes on, just be ready to accept the GS they offer.
no update yet, im still waiting :(

have you got your ASIC yet? It said 6-8 weeks for the background check but I’ve heard nothing from that too!

I applied for Sydney based, but transferred over to Melbourne so now holding pool for Melbourne. How about you?

Kayd23
10th May 2023, 12:14
CONGRATS SPICE5, that is super exciting!! Your application process was quite quick in comparison to the average!

Are you Syd or Melb base? And whate date was your AD? Mine was 7/3 eep! Fingers crossed for everyone waiting for a GS offer

Medical - 6th April

Spice5
11th May 2023, 01:08
Sydney base international
I did receive the email regarding recruitment taking longer than anticipated a week or so ago.

AD day 2nd March

Fingers crossed you all recieve your calls asap

benniel
11th May 2023, 06:16
Good news came today!

Sydney base, AD 16 Feb, medical 6 Apr, and 8 weeks GS 20 Jun with some training in Abu Dhabi.

The call will come! Just try not to worry too much.

Watto22
11th May 2023, 22:52
It has been 8 weeks + for my ASIC. Don’t think we will receive the physical card ? I was offered GS last Oct and my AD was in March (didn’t take it as I just started a new contract and been asked to reapply this year). So this year is much faster. I am so anxious as everyone, the call will come. Life goes on, just be ready to accept the GS they offer.

Yes, you do get your ASIC card sent to you after you're offered a ground school. It comes via registered post. I got mine exactly 2 weeks after I got offered a ground school. Congratulations on being offered a ground school yesterday too BTW.

Kayd23
12th May 2023, 03:06
Yay congrats! Happy for you! Question, did the TA call from a private number or a random number?

Good news came today!

Sydney base, AD 16 Feb, medical 6 Apr, and 8 weeks GS 20 Jun with some training in Abu Dhabi.

The call will come! Just try not to worry too much.

benniel
12th May 2023, 03:14
It is a mobile number.Yay congrats! Happy for you! Question, did the TA call from a private number or a random number?

Kelkel
13th May 2023, 22:42
Heard what?
Heard the same for MEL too!

Sky1157
14th May 2023, 09:15
Can anyone QLD based advise me if their RSA certificate needed to be a NSW RSA, or is a QLD RSA accepted by TA?

debbieitaly
14th May 2023, 11:55
Can anyone QLD based advise me if their RSA certificate needed to be a NSW RSA, or is a QLD RSA accepted by TA?
Hey there, I think your inbox is full, i tried to reply to your dm but couldn't:) The Qld RSA is accepted by TA for Sydney base :)

Sky1157
15th May 2023, 00:58
Hey there, I think your inbox is full, i tried to reply to your dm but couldn't:) The Qld RSA is accepted by TA for Sydney base :)

Thank you debbieitaly ☺️

Kelkel
15th May 2023, 02:06
Hi Kylie! Have you completed your medical yet? Could I ask you some questions about it? :)

Hi Kel,
the chat questions, I found them easy and enjoyable as I researched the answers really well.
what made u leave? A better job offer? Was it for another airline?
so have u attended the AD this year?
or just completed your questionnaire? I think they take a wk to reply, or maybe less time, not long. It’s the waiting after the AD that stressed me the most, but now I’m super worried abt the fitness test. Ive been jogging daily but my upper body strength is terrible, I need another month of training to be REALLY fit.

I did a similar thing when I was young; I sold my car and relocated to HK, naively thinking I could get a job there, but as it happened the language barrier was too challenging, so I came home broke and feeling totally lost.

25 years later.. when I first applied for Qantas cabin crew, I just applied online and told the recruiter i wasn’t comfortable being filmed for cultural reasons which they accepted and I was sent the questionnaire link.
when I answered all the questions the second time I applied, i felt way more confident and answers were more polished as I’d researched how to promote a safety culture, and I also had more clearer idea of how to answer the questions. The first time I didn’t research anything and that’s probably why my answers were incorrect.

Now I understand the importance of safety, how to answer questions in star format, and shows I understand the question, I think this is why I was successful the 2nd time round and invited to an AD. I still can’t believe I’m possibly going to ground school late May. It depends on my medical results and if I get my asic back on time, but my recruiter said I can push back the GS date until July 2023. In 2003
I had 2 dependants I was in my mid 20’s and although I always wanted to apply, I knew my partner would not support me or the children.

I’m just glad I haven’t aged too badly and feel fit enough to still do my job well for several years. I plan to practice my Chinese language skills until I’m more fluent (12 months) then I can apply for international cabin crew positions. I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but that’s the plan! 😂

I’d be pretty stoked if I was working Regional or domestic routes as this has been my dream career since forever.
Can u imagine working on an A380 Dreamliner! Whoa.. and better pay.

what position did u apply for Kel? Where are you with your application?

Kylie walker
16th May 2023, 02:33
Medical questions

Kylie walker
16th May 2023, 03:08
Hi Kel,
I attended my Bodycare assessment which was completed in about 1.5 hrs.
My physio assessor person was really cool, he took my blood pressure,
asked me to step onto the 3 min step test, while monitoring my heart rate. Very easy. I think this is all listed on the email so I can’t get in trouble for disclosing contents of the Qantas recruitment tests. It’s how companies measure an applicants overall fitness with a pre employment test.
I was then asked to move a bar (with no weights) the bar weighs 20kg lifted from shoulder to above head, i wobbled and struggled to do this, but I still did it!

Then he asked me to lift a milk crate filled with various weights, to check my upper strength and posture with bent knees, back straight.
plank for 1 minute, side plank for 1 min, on each side.
Then the sight test, which I failed without my glasses, and passed wearing my glasses. The print was like reading the ingredients on a packet of herbs or something, microscopic!
I asked what was the point of reading print that is not a normal size print?
and he said that’s just how they test eyesight. He said I have minor issue me with sight. Apparently I need bi-focal lenses. Although I can read text perfectly! I was planning to get contact lenses for work anyway. So if you haven’t re tested your sight in 12 months, get yr eyes checked beforehand, so you don’t fail anything.

I’m so worried about this as I don’t think he completed all the tests.

Kel, feel free to disregard any advice u already know, I just want to make sure you don’t drink too much water before your drug/alcohol urine test, as it can cause a false reading and you’ll have to redo the test. Just drink a normal amount of water before you do attend the pathology clinic, and do the
urine test BEFORE the Bodycare test. I just attended a Medical One clinic as its free and is conveniently located near the Bodycare clinic.

I hope this relieves some of the pre test anxiety. Good luck!!

PS. I still haven’t received my ASIC card. I can’t attend GS without one!

Kylie walker
16th May 2023, 03:56
Hey everyone!! Just thought I’d chip in let you all know that Qantas is definitely moving swiftly with the recruitment and mentioned on my assessment day (Wed 09/03) that they are holding assessment days for 4 weeks!! Explains the readvertising for sure! They expressed how excited they were to get everything up and going again but also mentioned the earliest training school will not be until August 2022 if that helps anyone ! Best of luck

Hi FO wannabes,

I attended the AD in March 22nd and our recruiters said the earliest GS is held in late May 31st 2023.
I don’t know if she was just referring to our particular group, or generally speaking, but this is what we were advised. Also, there will be a GS in July 2023, I really hope there are no repercussions for disclosing Qantas recruitment info, so this is rather just my opinion of when the next GS is set to start. 😉😉 It’s good to know there is other GS dates for this year, for those who missed the May GS, due to delays in submitting forms/receiving asic cards. Best of luck everyone!

Kelkel
16th May 2023, 06:02
Thanks Kylie!
I applied 9ish weeks ago and keep getting update emails that I am active waiting for an AD. My friend applied much later than I and got invited to May assessment. I hope they have some more assessment days soon.

Hi FO wannabes,

I attended the AD in March 22nd and our recruiters said the earliest GS is held in late May 31st 2023.
I don’t know if she was just referring to our particular group, or generally speaking, but this is what we were advised. Also, there will be a GS in July 2023, I really hope there are no repercussions for disclosing Qantas recruitment info, so this is rather just my opinion of when the next GS is set to start. 😉😉 It’s good to know there is other GS dates for this year, for those who missed the May GS, due to delays in submitting forms/receiving asic cards. Best of luck everyone!

Kylie walker
16th May 2023, 15:17
Congratulations! Did you guys have the interview on the same day, and has your friend received an email requesting your references? If so, this is good as it means you are through to the next phase of the recruitment process. make sure your referees answer their emails, bcos i read one girl failed the reference check and this can prevent you moving onto the next stage. you can check the progress of your references anyway. I was worried about this as one of my referees doesn’t check his emails.

It can take several weeks to process through the stages, and then everything moves quite quickly. it seems like different applicants have different experiences.

If you receive the email asking for your swimming/RSA/first aid/CPR certs, this step is after the request for referees.
If it’s been a few weeks, i would definitely send them a short friendly email, just to touch base.

if you were assessed in May, you’ll be in the July GS. Are you international or Qantaslink? Do u have a passport photo ready for your ID application?. I know it can be difficult to stay positive, when you don’t know what’s happening, and don’t hear from them, but if you passed your interview you’re all good. just try to be patient.
Good luck!

Kylie walker
16th May 2023, 17:14
Hello everyone,

​​​​​​Just hang in there and be extremly patience.
Qantas had just announced their half yearly financial results and naturally it wasn't a good one.

3Q22 (January, February, March) their international flying is at 22% pre covid level

4Q22 (April, May, June) they're predicting it to be at 44%

On top of that they are experiencing a surplus of crew in long haul, until flying is at a good percentage they are in no hurry to recruit.
​​​​​
Worst thing is to hire people and not giving them work because there's not enough to go around.

From application to ground school it could take a good six months, or even longer.

Application to assessment = usually around 2-4 weeks, otherwise 2 - 10 plus weeks (most likely in this instance)
Medicals = 3 - 4 weeks
ASIC clearance = 6 to 8 plus weeks
​​Certificates (if you haven't got one already) eg, swimming, 1st aids, rsa = 1 to 3 days depending on what you're studying.

In mean time just continue what you're doing and build on those 'exceptional' customer skills.
It will come, slowly but surely it will.

Best of luck to all 👍🤞😄
​​​​​
Hi,
I like your post, it is accurate, re: time frames. It takes quite a long time to progress through all the stages. I’m now waiting on my asic card, for domestic cabin crew but I remember reading your post and feeling less anxious about what to expect.

I just wanted to add something to your post that is just as important and helped me pass my ‘medical’ test.
I was focussed on ‘medical’ thinking it was just blood pressure etc. when actually it’s fitness and back strength which is tested.

I was a little overweight after Covid and started jogging every day since my AD and stepped up my fitness regime once I received my congratulations email. I just happened to do upper body weight training to lose weight and I’m glad I started when I did, as i wouldn’t have passed my medical/physio test.
We have to lift a 20kg bar as part of the test, I’d say this is bcos crew lift luggage into bins on a daily basis.
Also we need to be able to help passengers and push open doors quickly in an emergency.
I think those applying for international would need to be physically fit as the role is more demanding than regional & or domestic due to number of passengers.
You guys will probably be helping to lift carry on luggage, even though we are not supposed to. pushing heavy trolleys loaded with food would be heavy, we would need to assist elderly or those with disabilities lift their luggage into lockers.

I was surprised by how heavy a 20kg bar without any weights is. We have to lift this for Qantaslink medical, so I would say international will be heavier, due to yhe number of passengers on a jet, compared to a small turbo prop.
if you don’t already attend gym regularly, I would start, or check if you can lift the weight easily.
I did Upper body workouts with 6kg hand weights for 10-20 mins a day, 5-6 days a week for a few months. doing upper body workouts and running really helps.

it’s totally up to you, I just wanted to share what helped me pass my ‘medical’ test.
Good luck everyone!

Wooj
17th May 2023, 05:41
Any updates for March AD? (eg. golden call, GS date...)
Anxiously waiting... 🤞🤞🤞

Kayd23
17th May 2023, 06:36
Anxiously waiting... 🤞🤞🤞

No updates from me. Someone from 2nd of March AD was given a GS date. As our AD was a week after it's highly likely we will be with the next GS offers. Here's hoping 🤞🤞🤞

Flossyb
18th May 2023, 02:04
Has anyone from 14 Feb AD in Sydney been allocated GS yet? The wait is exhausting!!

I’ve been waiting since November 🙈

Kylie walker
18th May 2023, 02:22
Hi all, just wondering for anyone that’s completed the medical, is the vision test is done on each eye individually? I have 20/20 vision with both eyes together, however I have an issue with one eye that isn’t correctable with glasses or contacts so I would fail if they just tested that eye on its own so I’m hoping this won’t make me fail the medical. Thanks in advance

Hi,
I completed the medical test and yes, they ask you to cover one eye when reading the chart.
But please don’t stress about the eye test, I had issues too and they still passed me. my medical came back fine. So if you have good eye site when reading the chart, and so long as u are not colour blind, you will pass.

My physio practitioner noted I have a minor concern with near eye sight. I could barely read the chart without my glasses, but he said this just means I am long AND short sighted & would benefit from bi focal lenses. I can read various print sizes, one would find in a book, but the print on that test is ridiculously small. I thought I had failed.

I just spoke to my recruiter today (she’s so kind) she said we are still waiting on my Auscheck (background check) to come back, as its been delayed, so I will miss the May 31st GS.
Im a little Disappointed but I’m still hopeful I can attend in July, as I’ve been offered 2 possible GS dates for this year.

If you are very worried, you could make an appt with your optometrist and have your eyes tested, that way if you need an adjustment to your lenses, you are already organised! A professional evaluation of your sight will ease your worries.

Kylie walker
18th May 2023, 02:49
Kuikymart All my checks have been done for Asic!
Last I heard was last Monday saying I have progressed to pre employment medicals, but I still haven’t heard from Bodycare, so I think I’ll send the Qantas talent team an email today as I don’t want to delay the process

Hi international ladies/guys,
so happy for you all, I would have loved to be in your position! Always wanted to be int. FO. I am a Qantaslink applicant and I just read your post re: Bodycare medical.

I am just wondering if you can apply for an appointment before getting the actual Bodycare request form? Seeing as the appointments are limited, this would be helpful. Then you could at least relax knowing you have an appointment date scheduled.

I have the opposite dilemma as my auscheck is taking ages to return, which has delayed my GS starting date, even though all my other tests have come back fine and been completed.

Does anyone know if one can book an Bodycare appt. without the Qantas referral letter? If I was an international hopeful, I’d be asking this question for sure.

Kylie walker
18th May 2023, 03:01
Anxiously waiting... 🤞🤞🤞

I just want to let everyone know, it is not always a golden call which one receives, but more a formal email with the offer of employment and GS starting date for training.

However, in saying this, always keep your phone nearby, in case your recruiters call and need additional information. keep an eye out for that special email!
And good luck!

Koko90
18th May 2023, 10:52
Hey y’all, any news in regards to Internals? What’s to go? Seems to have shown down

Kayd23
19th May 2023, 11:43
I’ve been waiting since November 🙈

That's a very long wait time. Are you in the holding pool or haven't heard back from T/A? Hopefully you'll hear something

Kelkel
19th May 2023, 11:45
would love to chat to anyone that’s commuting to base!

on other news, finally received an AD invite today. ☺️

debbieitaly
19th May 2023, 22:26
would love to chat to anyone that’s commuting to base!

on other news, finally received an AD invite today. ☺️
I'm commuting from Brissy to Syd but I've only just started ground school this week. Beware the training is about 6 weeks but due to availability of trainers there's gaps of days off in the schedule so it ends up being about 8 weeks, and Qantas doesn't pay for your accomodation since you applied to a base outside of your residing city. I've been looking on flatmates.com but have been staying in a hotel across the road from Qantas until I find something.

Kelkel
20th May 2023, 01:13
How exciting Debbie! Goodluck with GS!

How are you feeling about commuting when you start up in the sky?

I'm commuting from Brissy to Syd but I've only just started ground school this week. Beware the training is about 6 weeks but due to availability of trainers there's gaps of days off in the schedule so it ends up being about 8 weeks, and Qantas doesn't pay for your accomodation since you applied to a base outside of your residing city. I've been looking on flatmates.com but have been staying in a hotel across the road from Qantas until I find something.

Watto22
20th May 2023, 05:53
Interested to know which hotel gave you the best rate with your QF ID?

debbieitaly
20th May 2023, 22:45
Interested to know which hotel gave you the best rate with your QF ID?
To be honest, we only just found out that we get ataff travel on day 2 of the program, and I haven't yet worked out if hotels are included in that. It only shows flights in staff travel, I think we get 10% discount on hotels. I'm staying at the Adina Apartment hotel Mascot, it has cooking facilities and a washing machine and dryer rin the room and is literally 1 min walk across the road to the Qantas building in heels. You can find cheaper and flatmates.com has rooms for 350/400 week, im just wanting to be super close so i can settle in the first week before movingto share accom :D

debbieitaly
20th May 2023, 22:58
How exciting Debbie! Goodluck with GS!

How are you feeling about commuting when you start up in the sky?
I'm actually so much more comfortable with commuting now than I was before ground school because the trainers have been telling us how easy it is and how many people actually do it from all over the place. Staff travel is so unbelievably cheap that it makes sense to if you are really happy where you are living and don't want to move. It's no different from someone travelling an hour by train to get to work except you're taking a plane, and it's like FIFO workers, who fly to and from work cause you're shift will be a few days long to a week anyway :)

Kelkel
21st May 2023, 00:08
My friend that works for QF mentioned to me that they get a code and that gives them cheaper rates at the Holiday Inn. Likely other hotels too but that is the most cost effective she has found for around $112 per night.

To be honest, we only just found out that we get ataff travel on day 2 of the program, and I haven't yet worked out if hotels are included in that. It only shows flights in staff travel, I think we get 10% discount on hotels. I'm staying at the Adina Apartment hotel Mascot, it has cooking facilities and a washing machine and dryer rin the room and is literally 1 min walk across the road to the Qantas building in heels. You can find cheaper and flatmates.com has rooms for 350/400 week, im just wanting to be super close so i can settle in the first week before movingto share accom :D

Kelkel
21st May 2023, 00:10
That’s awesome, great to hear.

I'm actually so much more comfortable with commuting now than I was before ground school because the trainers have been telling us how easy it is and how many people actually do it from all over the place. Staff travel is so unbelievably cheap that it makes sense to if you are really happy where you are living and don't want to move. It's no different from someone travelling an hour by train to get to work except you're taking a plane, and it's like FIFO workers, who fly to and from work cause you're shift will be a few days long to a week anyway :)

Flossyb
21st May 2023, 04:40
That's a very long wait time. Are you in the holding pool or haven't heard back from T/A? Hopefully you'll hear something

I’m assuming so. My application still says ‘in progress’. I emailed TA once to check on my progress, but just got a blanket reply that they sent out to a lot of people, saying the process is slow and applications are still under consideration. It’s just really hard putting other areas of my life on hold in anticipation.

debbieitaly
21st May 2023, 10:34
My friend that works for QF mentioned to me that they get a code and that gives them cheaper rates at the Holiday Inn. Likely other hotels too but that is the most cost effective she has found for around $112 per night.
Thank you so much for letting me know. I'll look into it tonight and try to find out how to do it.

littlenicky23
22nd May 2023, 07:08
I’m assuming so. My application still says ‘in progress’. I emailed TA once to check on my progress, but just got a blanket reply that they sent out to a lot of people, saying the process is slow and applications are still under consideration. It’s just really hard putting other areas of my life on hold in anticipation.

same! I’m still waiting since November. :(

Kylie walker
22nd May 2023, 07:48
It's on Seek. Was listed 3d ago for Melb & Syd. This is the 3rd time this year it's been listed. Hard to explain but there must be a reason. Perhaps Brisbane has been filled already. Did you have flexibility with your base request? Good luck. 🤞

Hi guys,
I know this post was from a few months ago, but to applied on the Altara website and was successful with getting an invite to an AD. Ive also seen the ad on seek, however it diverts to the Official Qantas website.
good luck everyone, and if at first u don’t succeed, re apply!

Kayd23
22nd May 2023, 23:21

Yeah I feel the same! I wish we had a rough clue or date (even if it's a few months away) just so I can organise other life stuff. I was asking if TA said you were in the hold pool because some people in my AD received an email saying they were in the hold pool and others an email apologising for the delay in the recruitment process. 7 months for you, I'm sure you'll hear something any day now. I emailed T/A and didn't even receive a reply haha.Just the email about the delay in the recruitment process.

Kylie walker
23rd May 2023, 03:17
Yeah I feel the same! I wish we had a rough clue or date (even if it's a few months away) just so I can organise other life stuff. I was asking if TA said you were in the hold pool because some people in my AD received an email saying they were in the hold pool and others an email apologising for the delay in the recruitment process. 7 months for you, I'm sure you'll hear something any day now. I emailed T/A and didn't even receive a reply haha.Just the email about the delay in the recruitment process.

That sucks, although it if the dots are green You’re application is still being considered. I thought I’d be the last person Qantas would consider hiring.

It’s only taken 5 months to get to stage 3 and AusCheck still hasn’t returned my ASIC ID. I’m Just going to go to gym every second day in preparation (especially if u haven’t done yr fitness test yet) as we may be called on short notice. It’s easy to become complacent waiting months and months..

Kayd23
23rd May 2023, 03:30
Oh it's only been 3.5 months for me and everything has been cleared, basically just waiting and hoping for a GS date. QANTAS is looking to hire 1000 FA this year so the odds are definitely in our favour :) Just playing the waiting game.

Kylie are you applying via atlara? Because I don't have green dots in my application on workday.

That sucks, although it if the dots are green You’re application is still being considered. I thought I’d be the last person Qantas would consider hiring.

It’s only taken 5 months to get to stage 3 and AusCheck still hasn’t returned my ASIC ID. I’m Just going to go to gym every second day in preparation (especially if u haven’t done yr fitness test yet) as we may be called on short notice. It’s easy to become complacent waiting months and months..

Kylie walker
23rd May 2023, 11:15
Oh it's only been 3.5 months for me and everything has been cleared, basically just waiting and hoping for a GS date. QANTAS is looking to hire 1000 FA this year so the odds are definitely in our favour :) Just playing the waiting game.

Kylie are you applying via atlara? Because I don't have green dots in my application on workday.

Hi Kay,
I initially applied on the aaltara website but when I attended AD she said don’t worry about that, referring to my Altara application form. I’m so for you, I wonder why they haven’t given u a date yet? when I hear of others who applied but have not got any response, I feel confused, if they are needing to hire so many crew that’s good news, but when? I was given a May 31st pending my auscheck approval/ clearance, or the July10th date due to possible delays in processing my background check’s. I hope they get back to you with a GS date soon, I bet your bags are already packed! Hey have they said they are paying for your flight to Sydney? I’m not working so this is a great help. I couldn’t afford to fly up, I’m kind of glad I am with the juky group as it gives me an extra 2 months to save up some money.

I just wanted to add to my reply, what position have you applied for?
regional, domestic, or international? I so regret pulling out of the international AD, I really would have preferred to work international flights but felt I was too old to be selected, and that they would only hire young beauties.. I would’ve made the cut 20 years ago but I feel I’m a bit too old now. I’m so glad (and very proud) that Qantas does not discriminate against women the way Emerites, Qatar & Asian airlines do. Did u know that crew are encouraged to retire at age 40? What a joke! That is NOT a career! It’s disgraceful, but women couldn’t even drive a car until 2019

Kayd23
24th May 2023, 10:09
I agree it's so great QANTAS doesn't discriminate against age and there are lots of middle age + older people working for international so you never know, maybe you can transfer one day :)

I applied for international and Syd base, but I live in Sydney anyway! I hope so too, the waiting is the hardest part but it'll be worth it and so many of us are in it together. Good luck xoxo

Hi Kay,
I initially applied on the aaltara website but when I attended AD she said don’t worry about that, referring to my Altara application form. I’m so for you, I wonder why they haven’t given u a date yet? when I hear of others who applied but have not got any response, I feel confused, if they are needing to hire so many crew that’s good news, but when? I was given a May 31st pending my auscheck approval/ clearance, or the July10th date due to possible delays in processing my background check’s. I hope they get back to you with a GS date soon, I bet your bags are already packed! Hey have they said they are paying for your flight to Sydney? I’m not working so this is a great help. I couldn’t afford to fly up, I’m kind of glad I am with the juky group as it gives me an extra 2 months to save up some money.

I just wanted to add to my reply, what position have you applied for?
regional, domestic, or international? I so regret pulling out of the international AD, I really would have preferred to work international flights but felt I was too old to be selected, and that they would only hire young beauties.. I would’ve made the cut 20 years ago but I feel I’m a bit too old now. I’m so glad (and very proud) that Qantas does not discriminate against women the way Emerites, Qatar & Asian airlines do. Did u know that crew are encouraged to retire at age 40? What a joke! That is NOT a career! It’s disgraceful, but women couldn’t even drive a car until 2019

Kylie walker
25th May 2023, 05:28
[QUOTE=Kayd23;11439600]I agree it's so great QANTAS doesn't discriminate against age and there are lots of middle age + older people working for international so you never know, maybe you can transfer one day :)

I applied for international and Syd base, but I live in Sydney anyway! I hope so too, the waiting is the hardest part but it'll be worth it and so many of us are in it together. Good luck xoxo[/

thank you, I appreciate your sentiment and hope they will allow me to transfer later. I still wonder if those older crew u mention first applied when young, and are now in senior Purser positions after years of working on QF, not new applicants at a senior age. this was why I chose Qantaslink/Jetstar, it’s better to be flying locally than miss out altogether. I think if the applicants page shows green dots, with all tasks completed, this is still a positive sign, like u said, just waiting..

PS. Sydney is the ideal location for intl. crew as SYD is the hub for international Every international destination goes via Sydney.

I live under the flight path at melb airport and when I look up the flights on flightradar app i see most international flights are from Emerites, Etihad, Scoot, Malaysia Royal airline flights. I never see Qantas international. I wonder if crew based in melb will have to fly to syd for their international routes. Probably..

Kylie walker
25th May 2023, 07:23
[QUOTE=Kylie walker;11440054][QUOTE=Kayd23;11439600]I agree it's so great QANTAS doesn't discriminate against age and there are lots of middle age + older people working for international so you never know, maybe you can transfer one day :)

I applied for international and Syd base, but I live in Sydney anyway! I hope so too, the waiting is the hardest part but it'll be worth it and so many of us are in it together. Good luck xoxo[/

thank you, I appreciate your sentiment and hope they will allow me to transfer later. I still wonder if those older crew u mention first applied when young, and are now in senior Purser positions after years of working on QF, not new applicants at a senior age. this was why I chose Qantaslink/Jetstar, it’s better to be flying locally than miss out altogether. I think if the applicants page shows green dots, with all tasks completed, this is still a positive sign, like u said, just waiting..

PS. Sydney is the ideal location for intl. crew as SYD is the hub for international Every international destination goes via Sydney.

I live under the flight path at melb airport and when I look up the flights on my flightradar app, i see most of the international flights are Emerites, Etihad, Scoot, Malaysia Royal airline and air New Zealand flights, the only QF are domestic. Unless they’re arriving when I’m asleep! I never see Qantas international. I wonder if crew based in melb have to fly to syd for international routes. Probably..
so you’re in the best spot! 😉

Koko90
25th May 2023, 21:45
Hey y’all! Does anyone know what the situation is with ground schools, are they running them every month for SYD/MEL? Any internals had any contact?

Kylie walker
26th May 2023, 04:56
Hey y’all! Does anyone know what the situation is with ground schools, are they running them every month for SYD/MEL? Any internals had any contact?

Im an external Qantaslink applicant booked for July GS.
I just saw an ad on Altara website for Jetstar cabin crew, they are recruiting for FA positions and holding the AD’s end of June,(next month).
I Hope this helps anyone who missed previous AD. Sorry I couldn’t answer your question.

Spice5
26th May 2023, 05:00
How long did everybody's US Visas take to be processed from date of interview at the Consulate to passport pick up...

Kylie walker
26th May 2023, 05:34
Pls Disregard my last post..

Eminthesky
26th May 2023, 08:43
Has anyone received 2nd email apologies about the delay?
my friends received one more yesterday, but I didn’t.

Wooj
26th May 2023, 10:43
Has anyone received 2nd email apologies about the delay?
my friends received one more yesterday, but I didn’t.

Me neither. I only received it once on 14th of April. :sad:
They received the first email on the same day right? When was their AD?

Eminthesky
26th May 2023, 10:51
Me neither. I only received it once on 14th of April. :sad:
They received the first email on the same day right? When was their AD?

First one he received same day as us and the 2nd one yesterday.

it’s good to know I’m not the only one who didn’t get it haha

Watto22
26th May 2023, 11:20
How long did everybody's US Visas take to be processed from date of interview at the Consulate to passport pick up...
Good question, I can't get an interview until late June so hoping turn around is a week or 2. I've let QF know, you can only do what you can do.

Flossyb
26th May 2023, 13:06

I didn’t receive it either. My AD was November 2022. I did receive the first one tho.

SnakeBite
26th May 2023, 21:39

I didnt get the second one either.

AD 07.03.2023 morning session

Kayd23
27th May 2023, 07:06
No I didn't receive the second email about the delay in the recruitment process either. Hoping we have good news soon 🤞🤞

Shellou131
27th May 2023, 22:37
I have not received a second email either. Here's hoping for good news soon!

Spice5
28th May 2023, 12:06
Hey guys, This message is for those of you who have attended training school. How much notice were you given in regards to your training schedules prior to start date? This question is especially for those who went overseas. How much notice in relation to training dates were given prior to your first day. Look forward to hearing from you!

TrolleyD
28th May 2023, 17:01

For me it was 3 days

TrolleyD
28th May 2023, 17:07
does anyone know if receiving an email and keeping candidates in the loop are more likely to progress?

Didn't you get offered a start date some time back yet you refused it so you could go on a holiday?

If they didn't offer an alternate date, then you are back in the hold pool and will drop out 12 months after initial application.

debbieitaly
29th May 2023, 02:55
Hey guys, This message is for those of you who have attended training school. How much notice were you given in regards to your training schedules prior to start date? This question is especially for those who went overseas. How much notice in relation to training dates were given prior to your first day. Look forward to hearing from you!
Approximately 1 month

benniel
29th May 2023, 03:09
Hi,

I believe we will be in the same ground school 20 June? I haven’t received any training schedule. They did mention in the golden call that they will ring us to provide further details. Hey guys, This message is for those of you who have attended training school. How much notice were you given in regards to your training schedules prior to start date? This question is especially for those who went overseas. How much notice in relation to training dates were given prior to your first day. Look forward to hearing from you!

debbieitaly
29th May 2023, 03:14
For me it was 3 days
mine was 7-10 days

Koko90
29th May 2023, 03:44
Hi,

I believe we will be in the same ground school 20 June? I haven’t received any training schedule. They did mention in the golden call that they will ring us to provide further details.

hey there did they mention if there are any other ground schools commencing in the near future?

Kylie walker
29th May 2023, 03:49
Hi Debbie,

Hi Kayd23,

thank you for being so thoughtful and adding links, this will be very useful when I attend GS in July.
cheers

Js_s
30th May 2023, 01:16
I had Ad sydn international position and all done to do like swiming rsa drug test so on… and asic also done,
but still wait
anyone has same situation with me ?

Kylie walker
30th May 2023, 01:25
I had Ad sydn international position and all done to do like swiming rsa drug test so on… and asic also done,
but still wait golden call 🥲

why do you keep saying ‘golden call’? ThIs is misleading people as they will expect a call, when it’s an email with an offer and a ground school date which they should be looking out for.

search Qantas international recruitment 2023, there seems to be many applicants who’ve been waiting for several months

littlenicky23
30th May 2023, 01:37
but still wait golden call 🥲

Here! Still waiting also from last year November AD.

Js_s
30th May 2023, 04:09
why do you keep saying ‘golden call’? ThIs is misleading people as they will expect a call, when it’s an email with an offer and a ground school date which they should be looking out for.

search Qantas international recruitment 2023, there seems to be many applicants who’ve been waiting for several months
yeah thanks for that I edited 🥲 but we are gonna get a call anyway about training info, my friend had same situation with me after a while, she got a call from Qantas then started training 😇

Kylie walker
30th May 2023, 04:14
yeah thanks for that I edited 🥲 but we are gonna get a call anyway about training info, my friend had same situation with me after a while, she got a call from Qantas then started training 😇

That’s awesome! Good to know it can still happen. Have you heard anything yet? it’s pretty unfair to overhire people then leave them hanging, recruiting is a ruthless business. I hope you are not far from getting called or emailed, just when I start to feel they’ve forgotten about me, something happens. I can’t live like that so I have started applying for a job in between, so I’m not as shattered if my asic isn’t back in time. 4-8 weeks for a background check is crazy. Now I know why the recruiter pushed me back to the July group.she’s actually been really supportive thru the whole process, it would be awful to wait 3 months with no response.

Js_s
30th May 2023, 04:17
That’s awesome! How did you go? Have you heard anything yet? I think it’s very unfair to overhire people and then leave them hanging, recruiting is a ruthless business. I hope you are not far, just when I start to feel like they’ve forgotten about me, something new happens! I can’t live like that and have started applying for a job in between, just so I’m not shattered if my asic isn’t back in time. 4-8 weeks for a ba I ground check is just crazy. Now I know why the recruiter put me in the juky group. I doubt I’ll even make that one.
yeah i feel like that either! When was you AD?

Kylie walker
30th May 2023, 04:28

March 22nd

Did you guys do your interview on the same day as the AD?

would you consider working domestic operations? It might be a good stepping stone and at least you’ll be flying.

Kylie walker
30th May 2023, 04:57

Hey, I want to ask your advice, a girl who’s in the same boat as yourself asked for the recruiters email. I am reluctant to pass on this info, as im not sure if I should be posting on this forum to start with.
I asked her why she doesn’t have the same details (reply email address) from her recruiter.
when you were contacted, were you given an email address to contact the recruiter, if you have any issues or questions? I find it weird that she doesn’t, you’d think yhey would’ve sent the same email to everyone if she was successful at her AD, right?

Kylie walker
30th May 2023, 05:10
I've been told by a current LH crew member that they have finished the Melbourne AD's until September. So I gather from that there will be more later in the year so if you don't get a rejection letter then hang tight as you may hear more in a few months. I imagine they need to sort through the current AD applicants and sort GS out. I imagine it's a massive logistical operation. It is such a long process but hang in there. No news is still good news in this case. Good luck.

I agree, and I also wanted to let anyone interested in a Jetstar domestic crew position, they are advertising on the Altara website with the AD on June 30th (this month).
PS. what does LH stand for?