PDA

View Full Version : Qantas International 2023 recruitment

Pages : 1 [2] 3

flightattendant26
30th May 2023, 05:37
Do you think QF will open their international recruitment up later in the year?? Any chance of them opening BNE base again?!

RobbieM
30th May 2023, 23:07
Here! Still waiting also from last year November AD.
Is that as an external, International, Sydney? :)

Kylie walker
30th May 2023, 23:18
long haul
Thanks

littlenicky23
31st May 2023, 13:37
Is that as an external, International, Sydney? :)

Yeah external, sydney based

activehold1990
2nd Jun 2023, 10:05
To all those waiting patiently for the "Golden Call" an email was sent to cabin crew internationally today stating "We plan to scale back QCCA recruitment and ramp up multi-endorsement training."

Good Luck to all x

dailyminyo
2nd Jun 2023, 15:07
Hi, does anyone know any upcoming GS scheduled based either Sydney or melbourne?

CSAB
3rd Jun 2023, 02:23
Hi all, I'm an external applicant based in MEL, and did my AD around the start of May. I had a question surrounding the timing of the medical, I submitted my ASIC application and associated docs about 2 weeks ago (so not expecting any news for another 4-6 weeks). Does the medical request from Bodycare usually come through after the ASIC application is completed and approved? Thanks in advance :)

Eminthesky
3rd Jun 2023, 10:33
Hi all, I'm an external applicant based in MEL, and did my AD around the start of May. I had a question surrounding the timing of the medical, I submitted my ASIC application and associated docs about 2 weeks ago (so not expecting any news for another 4-6 weeks). Does the medical request from Bodycare usually come through after the ASIC application is completed and approved? Thanks in advance :)

Hi, in my group we got requested after we submitted all applications including 3 certificates.

debbieitaly
3rd Jun 2023, 10:54
Hi, does anyone know any upcoming GS scheduled based either Sydney or melbourne?
Hi, my ground school class was told on Friday that the next 2-3 weeks are always a quiet time when the allocations team don't place anyone in anymore ground schools because they're all full. He said towards the end of June they will start up again. It's because a few people were asking for friends who were waiting to get a ground school date.

Eminthesky
3rd Jun 2023, 11:55
Hi, my ground school class was told on Friday that the next 2-3 weeks are always a quiet time when the allocations team don't place anyone in anymore ground schools because they're all full. He said towards the end of June they will start up again. It's because a few people were asking for friends who were waiting to get a ground school date.

Thank you Debbie for the info

Watto22
4th Jun 2023, 11:59

Hi dailyminyo,

Current Sydney based Long Haul ground schools are being told that future ground schools are now being scaled back, and at the end of the year it will ramp up again. This is a long drawn out process. Many currently in ground schools applied in 2022 (both internal and externals). Stay positive and all the best x

Kelkel
4th Jun 2023, 12:41
RSA question.
I’ve been requested to submit my RSA, I’m currently in the process of obtaining my “all states RSA” however it’s going to be a long turn around as they call you and book you in for a phone call after the lengthy testing.
This may be an obvious answer however does it matter which state’s RSA I obtain? I don’t recall it being this lengthy of a journey to obtain my RSA in the past for airlines, I believe I may have submitted my SA one without any issues.. was so long ago now I can’t recall.

Kylie walker
5th Jun 2023, 08:07
[QUOTE=Kelkel;11445641]RSA question.
I’ve been requested to submit my RSA, I’m currently in the process of obtaining my “all states RSA” however it’s going to be a long turn around as they call you and book you in for a phone call after the lengthy testing.
This may be an obvious answer however does it matter which state’s RSA I obtain? I don’t recall it being this lengthy of a journey to obtain my RSA in the past for airlines, I believe I may have submitted my SA one without any issues.. was so long ago now I can’t recall.[/

Im a Qantaslink applicant, and I just completed a 1 day RSA course (I think victorian RSA legislation is federal). I then uploaded a copy of my certificate onto the Qantas site, and it was accepted. So Unless they have requested a specific RSA course, I would just do the local version of the RSA and if worried, check with your recruiter so you’re 100% satisfied . It’s easy to overthink the requirements but personally, i would just do the course they have requested.
Sorry if my advice is incorrect, just cos I’ve never heard of an international rsa, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I’m just suggesting what i would do.

Kylie walker
5th Jun 2023, 08:09
RSA question.
This may be an obvious answer however does it matter which state’s RSA I obtain? I don’t recall it being this lengthy of a journey to obtain my RSA in the past for airlines, I believe I may have submitted my SA one without any issues.. was so long ago now I can’t recall.

that’s disappointing to hear..

SnakeBite
6th Jun 2023, 07:18
Hi dailyminyo,

Current Sydney based Long Haul ground schools are being told that future ground schools are now being scaled back, and at the end of the year it will ramp up again. This is a long drawn out process. Many currently in ground schools applied in 2022 (both internal and externals). Stay positive and all the best x

Thank you very much for these information Watto and ⭐️Debbie 🙏
As lengthy as this process for some might be, lets hang in there because it is all worth it ✈️

Eminthesky
8th Jun 2023, 10:28
Just giving you guys a heads up about GS!

My friend from AD on 7 March just got his Golden called today, offering him a Domestic position.

He then asked the TA about the international GS, the TA said all QCCA ground school are on hold until end of October or early November.

So, it seems like we are probably not getting offered GS anytime soon.

(by the way my friend he had applied both domestic and international)

littlenicky23
8th Jun 2023, 11:48

My friend from AD on 7 March just got his Golden called today, offering him a Domestic position.

He then asked the TA about the international GS, the TA said all QCCA ground school are on hold until end of October or early November.

That sucks! :(

everythingcrossed
9th Jun 2023, 05:58
Just got an email confirming GS at the end of 2023 and going into 2024 🥹

SnakeBite
9th Jun 2023, 06:01
Just got an email confirming GS at the end of 2023 and going into 2024 🥹

Also received that email

Kylie walker
9th Jun 2023, 06:10

Me too, Im sorry for anyone who missed out on being selected,.
But, I am so thankful for this,
SOoo much better than being told there will be NO GS at all. Can u imagine?

So they DO call, I got an email. I’m So thankful to have GS dates and thanks for sharing the new information.

This is the perfect time to start GS fitness regimes..I wonder if this affects Qantaslink applicants GS too?

Eminthesky
9th Jun 2023, 06:43
Also received that email

yes me too and a second language test

Kylie walker
9th Jun 2023, 06:45

I got my medical test. then asic. Also, asic only took 2 .5 weeks, so pleased for their prompt turnaround time, I might still make GS. Just waiting for their final decision.

Shellou131
9th Jun 2023, 06:59
I also received an email today confirming GS at the end of 2023 and going into 2024. I am still optimistic!

dailyminyo
10th Jun 2023, 05:29
Hi, anyone who received an email from TA yesterday, was it about guaranteed spot for GS or to complete forms?

Koko90
11th Jun 2023, 00:14
Who else received an email in regards to ground school at the end of the year? When they say end of the year so you think November, December or earlier? Anyone heard otherwise? Also, weird that the form needs to be filled out by a specified date/time. Have a feeling that it might be earlier than end of year, just a thought 🙃

Watto22
13th Jun 2023, 12:00
Who else received an email in regards to ground school at the end of the year? When they say end of the year so you think November, December or earlier? Anyone heard otherwise? Also, weird that the form needs to be filled out by a specified date/time. Have a feeling that it might be earlier than end of year, just a thought 🙃
Hi Koko90, current schools are being told that there will definitely be more recruitment and ground schools "at the end of the year". The waiting game is not easy that's for sure x

Koko90
13th Jun 2023, 22:56
Hello, anyone in ground school or who is out on like know about the New York roster pattern? Will this be SYD, MEL crew operating these flights or the Jetconnect AKL crew? Just curious, TIA

Watto22
15th Jun 2023, 08:32
Hello, anyone in ground school or who is out on like know about the New York roster pattern? Will this be SYD, MEL crew operating these flights or the Jetconnect AKL crew? Just curious, TIA
Hi Koko90,
One of our recent instructors was with Jetconnect (AKL)and he told us it will be Jetconnect AKL crew doing these patterns. There will be direct New York flights out of sydney in 2025 (project sunrise) and this they are assuming will be Sydney based crew.

Kelkel
17th Jun 2023, 09:33
Hi Kylie, i sorted it out :) just on the waiting game now.

did you have to lift 20kg above your head in your medical? :)

[QUOTE=Kelkel;11445641]RSA question.
This may be an obvious answer however does it matter which state’s RSA I obtain? I don’t recall it being this lengthy of a journey to obtain my RSA in the past for airlines, I believe I may have submitted my SA one without any issues.. was so long ago now I can’t recall.[/

Im a Qantaslink applicant, and I just completed a 1 day RSA course (I think victorian RSA legislation is federal). I then uploaded a copy of my certificate onto the Qantas site, and it was accepted. So Unless they have requested a specific RSA course, I would just do the local version of the RSA and if worried, check with your recruiter so you’re 100% satisfied . It’s easy to overthink the requirements but personally, i would just do the course they have requested.
Sorry if my advice is incorrect, just cos I’ve never heard of an international rsa, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I’m just suggesting what i would do.

djw024
17th Jun 2023, 15:01
HI all,
I had my AD 19th May 2022, Golden call November 2022, GS started in Jan 2023, now been flying for 3 months, just want to say, as a person been through the whole recruitment process, waiting is the hardest part, and for the large scale recruitment, the recruiters are processing the applicants that they need to refuse rather than the ones they would like to hire (because up to this stage, there is less people to let go than retain, so easier for them to do it that way.) Therefore, if you have yet heard anything, then it means you are still in their system.

however, I would like to share some info from the workforce planning team just so that you know where they are up to:
" One QCCA initial course being run this bid period. Following this we’ll pause QCCA initial courses until BP3581 as we reduce the recruitment given temporary surpluses that are driven by lower take up of annual leave slots onshore. "
BP means "Bid Period", which is "Roster period, (28 days)".

We will start BP 3561 from Monday, then followed by BP3565, BP3571, BP3575, then BP3581(commence 9th Oct).

So whoever is in that one group in BP 3561, Welcome and Congratulations!, to those who havent heard anything yet, it will be another 16 weeks before they restart Ground school. So, there will be like 10-12 weeks silence before they start to ring people again.

Thats all I can share, Good luck everyone!

Kylie walker
17th Jun 2023, 16:13

[QUOTE=Kylie walker;11445975]have you completed your medical? The 20kg lift is totally possible

Kylie walker
17th Jun 2023, 16:20
HI all,
I had my AD 19th May 2022, Golden call November 2022, GS started in Jan 2023, now been flying for 3 months, just want to say, as a person been through the whole recruitment process, waiting is the hardest part, and for the large scale recruitment, the recruiters are procedding the applicants that they need to refuse rather than the ones they would like to hire (because up to this stage, there is less people to let go than retain, so easier for them to do it that way.) Therefore, if you have yet heard anything, then it means you are still in their system.

however, I would like to share some info from the workforce planning team just so that you know where they are up to:
" One QCCA initial course being run this bid period. Following this we’ll pause QCCA initial courses until BP3581 as we reduce the recruitment given temporary surpluses that are driven by lower take up of annual leave slots onshore. "
BP means "Bid Period", which is "Roster period, (28 days)".

We will start BP 3561 from Monday, then followed by BP3565, BP3571, BP3575, then BP3581(commence 9th Oct).

So whoever is in that one group in BP 3561, Welcome and Congratulations!, to those who havent heard anything yet, it will be another 16 weeks before they restart Ground school. So, there will be like 10-12 weeks silence before they start to ring people again.

Thats all I can share, Good luck everyone!

This is really great news for those who have been waiting and heard nothing for months. its kind of you to take the time to explain the expected wait times and the bid process so everyone has a better understanding.
Thanks 😊

Kylie walker
18th Jun 2023, 04:11

[QUOTE=Kylie walker;11445975]

yes, 20kj, it’s damn heavy unless you work out regularly right!

Kelkel
18th Jun 2023, 06:47
Yeah that’s about what my nephew weighs lol not sure I can lift him above my head haha!

[QUOTE=Kelkel;11452378]Hi Kylie, i sorted it out :) just on the waiting game now.

yes, 20kj, it’s damn heavy unless you work out regularly right!

Kylie walker
19th Jun 2023, 05:50
Yeah that’s about what my nephew weighs lol not sure I can lift him above my head haha!

[QUOTE=Kylie walker;11452765]
yes, you have to lift the bar, from shoulder to above head, it’s actually not that difficult because it’s a straight bar, lifting a body above your head would be rather difficult!
I wobbled a bit.. but my assessor was really nice, he helped me put the bar onto the support thingy and said yep, you did it!

Kylie walker
19th Jun 2023, 06:10
Hi everyone,

to whoever has been to the assessment day....

just a quick question, they ask me to bring a photo with me, so I am wondering should I just bring a Photo for ID making purpose or a corporate portrait style of photo?

thx

I know this is an older post, but the advice is still current.
i made the mistake of thinking this also, as UAE airlines ask for a full body shot in their application, but Qantas don’t. they need a proper passport photo(for your ASIC ID card) so wear a blazer, yr peal earrings and light makeup so u look professional.

This is the advise given to me by my QCC recruiter in 2023. Cheers

Kylie walker
19th Jun 2023, 06:13
Also received that email

this is good news, you have time to save up money and be ready when GS finally rolls around.

The end of the year is
not long to wait at all guys!

Kelkel
21st Jun 2023, 04:42
I received and email that they will be reviewing all reach tests that were completed at the assessment day. Does anyone know anything about this?
mom 164cm and the min requirement was 163cm. I made the reach test on my tip toes. Hoping it’s not increase to be any higher because I don’t have much more reach in me.

highfly8
21st Jun 2023, 04:59
I received and email that they will be reviewing all reach tests that were completed at the assessment day. Does anyone know anything about this?
mom 164cm and the min requirement was 163cm. I made the reach test on my tip toes. Hoping it’s not increase to be any higher because I don’t have much more reach in me.

I haven’t received anything. I’m 154cm

Kelkel
21st Jun 2023, 05:44

Oh really? The email stated the below, perhaps it was just the groups from my AD.
Importantly, due to an internal review, we require all candidates to re-complete the Height and Reach test.

SnakeBite
22nd Jun 2023, 09:17
I haven´t received anything either. I am 171cm

Purple76
26th Jun 2023, 00:35
Also received that email
hi there.can you please tell me which based you applied for and when.i applied for Mel base on march.still haven't heard anything except 2 emails informing my application still in consideration.

Kylie walker
26th Jun 2023, 05:20
Already recieved an unsuccessful application after doing just the questionnaire. Pretty disappointed I must say. Will try again next time.

I just applied for a domestic cabin crew position and was rejected instantly, like within 24 hours.
isn’t it funny how that same letter of application/resume was accepted by Qantaslink (I was given an AD) but was rejected by domestic?

I’m sure when flights increase they will start training crew for the new jets, I forget what ones.. A380’s?

Kelkel
26th Jun 2023, 06:15
hi there.can you please tell me which based you applied for and when.i applied for Mel base on march.still haven't heard anything except 2 emails informing my application still in consideration.

I applied Melb base in March, assessment day in June, was informed GS would be end of year Dec-Jan.

Kylie walker
26th Jun 2023, 07:37
I applied Melb base in March, assessment day in June, was informed GS would be end of year Dec-Jan.

Hi Kel,
I just read they have pushed back GS dates for domestic CC, at least they
haven’t said no, stay positive!

Kelkel
26th Jun 2023, 09:08
Hi Kel,
I just read they have pushed back GS dates for domestic CC, at least they
haven’t said no, stay positive!

oh really, I’ve applied for international Melb base :)

Kylie walker
26th Jun 2023, 15:39
oh really, I’ve applied for international Melb base :)
t domestic, international

SnakeBite
26th Jun 2023, 18:29

Morning AD 7th March 2023 for SYD; applying external

Kelkel
27th Jun 2023, 02:30
t domestic, international

sorry?

Flighty12345
27th Jun 2023, 17:26

I am in EXACTLY the same position as you! Nothing except 2 emails saying application is still under consideration.
Same thing happened to me in 2022, I seem to be unable to get to an assessment day despite having flown for almost a decade. I’m at the point now where I’ve given up sadly. Shame there’s no other airlines in Aus that offer the opportunity for longhaul :(

Watto22
29th Jun 2023, 22:52
I am in EXACTLY the same position as you! Nothing except 2 emails saying application is still under consideration.
Same thing happened to me in 2022, I seem to be unable to get to an assessment day despite having flown for almost a decade. I’m at the point now where I’ve given up sadly. Shame there’s no other airlines in Aus that offer the opportunity for longhaul :(

Hey Flighty12345, my advice to you would be to not give up. Many in my current ground school applied in October 2022. I feel like it's been really unfortunate timing for your application as they've put long haul training on hold until Dec/Jan so your process is even more drawn out. About half in my training class have flown before, it can be tough unlearning everything from your old airline! if you're still keen hang in there. x

Flighty12345
30th Jun 2023, 15:49
Hey Flighty12345, my advice to you would be to not give up. Many in my current ground school applied in October 2022. I feel like it's been really unfortunate timing for your application as they've put long haul training on hold until Dec/Jan so your process is even more drawn out. About half in my training class have flown before, it can be tough unlearning everything from your old airline! if you're still keen hang in there. x

Thanks for the advice. I have tried a number of times over the last 8 years for Qantas international and just get nowhere. Even now I have long haul/on board management experience on my resume and my application just seems to end up on the bottom of the pile.
it just doesn’t make sense…

Flossyb
30th Jun 2023, 21:28
Thanks for the advice. I have tried a number of times over the last 8 years for Qantas international and just get nowhere. Even now I have long haul/on board management experience on my resume and my application just seems to end up on the bottom of the pile.
it just doesn’t make sense…

Have you been for an AD this time?

Flighty12345
30th Jun 2023, 22:37
Have you been for an AD this time?

Nope haven’t even progressed to the questionnaire after several months now, let alone assessment day.

ChasingDreams
6th Jul 2023, 03:10
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, I have been in the recruitment process for Qantas International Cabin Crew since Feb 2022 (17 months today),
I have been to the assessment center, completed all the medical tests and security clearances, completed all of the required certificate courses, and I was advised that I was in the "active hold pool" with everything that they required completed back in February of this year 2023.
2 days ago, I received a phone call from a member of the Talent Acquisition Team, asking me to re-complete my CPR and First Aid certificates, even though they are still current, they need to have a minimum of 12 months validity for First Aid and 6 months for CPR.
I was asked to email these through as soon as I had completed them and was advised that I will be going to ground school in mid-August, and that they would call me again later this week or early next week with further details, after they received my new certificates.

I have today emailed my new certificates, but I am concerned that the mobile number that called me 2 days ago just goes straight through to voice mail, I sent a text message yesterday advising that I was enrolled for the courses and attending them that day, which was delivered but I did not get a reply. I know that we are not given phone numbers on purpose, and you have to wait until you get that phone call from them, but in my shock and excitement to receive the phone call, there were so many questions that I had that I didn't get to ask.
I sent another text message today; it does not show that it has been "delivered" so I am a little concerned now.

Can anyone advise what happens after that first initial phone call? is there a second follow up phone call? I have not received any emails from them, and my Qantas Workday still shows that my application is in progress - with no tasks to complete. I have never worked for Qantas before, and I have not worked as a flight attendant previously for any other airline, so this is all very new to me. I am just hoping that someone can provide me some reassurance that all will be fine from here and that I am nearly at the finish line? 17months is such a long time to put my life on hold, and I still have not been given any guarantees as yet that I will actually be going to going to ground school. I will be very disappointed if this has all been for nothing in the end if it doesn't happen, as I have not only put my heart and soul into this process, I am also extremely out of pocket.

Koko90
6th Jul 2023, 06:25
Eyoooo! Has anyone had any more updates apart from email in regards to ground schools at the end of the year? Are we thinking December end of year or more like October? Thoughts?

Kelkel
6th Jul 2023, 06:44
Eyoooo! Has anyone had any more updates apart from email in regards to ground schools at the end of the year? Are we thinking December end of year or more like October? Thoughts?

I’m also interested if it will be October or December as I do have a trip planned in October

Koko90
6th Jul 2023, 06:48
I’m also interested if it will be October or December as I do have a trip planned in October
hi kelel, same here! You internal or external?

Kelkel
6th Jul 2023, 06:55

external :) you?

Koko90
6th Jul 2023, 07:00
external :) you?

internal 🙃 when did you apply?

Kelkel
6th Jul 2023, 07:04
internal 🙃 when did you apply?

I applied in March, Assessment Day was start of June, they have requested RSA and Swim Certification for now and they stated GS would be towards the end of the year.

everythingcrossed
6th Jul 2023, 08:01
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, I have been in the recruitment process for Qantas International Cabin Crew since Feb 2022 (17 months today),
I have been to the assessment center, completed all the medical tests and security clearances, completed all of the required certificate courses, and I was advised that I was in the "active hold pool" with everything that they required completed back in February of this year 2023.
2 days ago, I received a phone call from a member of the Talent Acquisition Team, asking me to re-complete my CPR and First Aid certificates, even though they are still current, they need to have a minimum of 12 months validity for First Aid and 6 months for CPR.
I was asked to email these through as soon as I had completed them and was advised that I will be going to ground school in mid-August, and that they would call me again later this week or early next week with further details, after they received my new certificates.

I have today emailed my new certificates, but I am concerned that the mobile number that called me 2 days ago just goes straight through to voice mail, I sent a text message yesterday advising that I was enrolled for the courses and attending them that day, which was delivered but I did not get a reply. I know that we are not given phone numbers on purpose, and you have to wait until you get that phone call from them, but in my shock and excitement to receive the phone call, there were so many questions that I had that I didn't get to ask.
I sent another text message today; it does not show that it has been "delivered" so I am a little concerned now.

Can anyone advise what happens after that first initial phone call? is there a second follow up phone call? I have not received any emails from them, and my Qantas Workday still shows that my application is in progress - with no tasks to complete. I have never worked for Qantas before, and I have not worked as a flight attendant previously for any other airline, so this is all very new to me. I am just hoping that someone can provide me some reassurance that all will be fine from here and that I am nearly at the finish line? 17months is such a long time to put my life on hold, and I still have not been given any guarantees as yet that I will actually be going to going to ground school. I will be very disappointed if this has all been for nothing in the end if it doesn't happen, as I have not only put my heart and soul into this process, I am also extremely out of pocket. Can I ask - did you also get the email asking you to update your info and saying ground schools were on hold till the end of the year?

benniel
6th Jul 2023, 18:52
No news is good news! Your application on workday is still in progress! Please hang on there. We all understand how anxious it was while waiting. Life goes on. Please take care of yourself and do not let anxiety overwhelm you. As others mentioned, there will be ground schools coming up by the end of the year. My personal experience is I have to reapply and pay all the associated fees when I requested to defer my ground school last year. It was disheartening when I saw my application been withdrawn on workday. Please wait patiently for the call and life goes on. Hi everyone,

Can anyone advise what happens after that first initial phone call? is there a second follow up phone call? I have not received any emails from them, and my Qantas Workday still shows that my application is in progress - with no tasks to complete. I have never worked for Qantas before, and I have not worked as a flight attendant previously for any other airline, so this is all very new to me. I am just hoping that someone can provide me some reassurance that all will be fine from here and that I am nearly at the finish line? 17months is such a long time to put my life on hold, and I still have not been given any guarantees as yet that I will actually be going to going to ground school. I will be very disappointed if this has all been for nothing in the end if it doesn't happen, as I have not only put my heart and soul into this process, I am also extremely out of pocket.

Kayd23
7th Jul 2023, 05:48
Hi ChasingDreams,

Sorry I cannot answer your question directly either. But like others have said - don't over think it, if T/A said you could be going to ground school in mid AUG I'm sure that's their plan after you send in all your updated certs. Did you also get asked to re-complete part of the medical/drug test? I believe that is also a requirement. You've waited this long, not long to go now! If you don't make it to GS in Aug - many are supposed to be scheduled Oct, Nov, Dec. I've been waiting since March - hoping to get into a GS at the end of year with majority of the rest of us 🤞🤞 (https://emojipedia.org/crossed-fingers/)
Hi everyone,

Didi_
7th Jul 2023, 12:06
Hey guys so i had my assessment day for MAM domestic on the 13th of june.

I have completed all tasks including rsa , first aid , swim assessment , submitted my ref check and background check and completed my medical with bodycare.

This has been such a crazy process already but i am sure when that golden call comes its going to be so worth it.

Can anyone maybe give some insight the timeframe?

Much love ! Xx

ChasingDreams
8th Jul 2023, 03:36
Hi everything crossed,
I did receive that email also, my assessment day was in Nov 2022.
I was not expecting for anything else to happen after receiving that email until the end of the year.
it was a very welcome surprise to get the call

ChasingDreams
8th Jul 2023, 03:45
Hi everyone,

just an update, I did receive another call 3 days after the first call, after re-completing my CPR and first aid certificates and forwarding them to TA.

This call was the “golden call” all I need to do now is do another drug and alcohol test, booked for Monday….. And Qantas are paying for this one ☺️

I am in ground school starting 15th August! Yay!! …. So excited! 😊

hang in there everyone, some people seem to go through the process quicker and others like myself seem to take longer (17 months and 2 days to be exact) but it will happen, stay strong and have faith.

See you all in the skies soon.

benniel
9th Jul 2023, 01:22
Congratulations!!!!! What a surprise! A GS in August and all your patience finally pays off! Hi everyone,

just an update, I did receive another call 3 days after the first call, after re-completing my CPR and first aid certificates and forwarding them to TA.

This call was the “golden call” all I need to do now is do another drug and alcohol test, booked for Monday….. And Qantas are paying for this one ☺️

hang in there everyone, some people seem to go through the process quicker and others like myself seem to take longer (17 months and 2 days to be exact) but it will happen, stay strong and have faith.

Didi_
9th Jul 2023, 02:15
Hi everyone,

omg i cant believe you had to wait that long , did you have a lot of set backs ?

i am only one month in lmao … I don’t think i could be as patient as you

SnakeBite
9th Jul 2023, 13:39
Hi everyone,

I am super excited for you 🎉 . Thank you for sharing 🌈 as these comments spread positivity ✨

How are you going to embrace this life change... 😄

Koko90
10th Jul 2023, 06:39
Congrats on getting a GS in august! Well deserving, considering you’ve waited so so so long. Curious to see if anyone else on here has been contacted for GS in august?

Kylie walker
10th Jul 2023, 11:50
Congrats on getting a GS in august! Well deserving, considering you’ve waited so so so long. Curious to see if anyone else on here has been contacted for GS in august?

I just wanted to say well done and congratulations on getting into GS, this is great news, sooner than expected!!

I’ve been reading about the new fleet Qantas is rolling out over 12 -18 2024 so exciting having new aircraft’s as your workplace! So lucky 🍀
please update us on how you like ground school x

Wooj
10th Jul 2023, 11:53
Has anyone finished the second language test?
Mine is scheduled for August 30th. Is there anything else I need to do after the exam?
Thank you in advance!

Js_s
11th Jul 2023, 10:32
Mine is scheduled for August 30th. Is there anything else I need to do after the exam?
Thank you in advance!
mine has on 22/07, what second language do you have?

Wooj
11th Jul 2023, 11:22
mine has on 22/07, what second language do you have?

Korean. What's yours? 😀

everythingcrossed
12th Jul 2023, 00:17
Hi everything crossed,
I did receive that email also, my assessment day was in Nov 2022.
I was not expecting for anything else to happen after receiving that email until the end of the year.
it was a very welcome surprise to get the call
Amazing news that you got the call! You must be so relieved! Will you be training in Sydney? So good!

Matty29
12th Jul 2023, 06:17
Hi all,

Got the second language email.

The email states that the majority of your roster will likely be where your second language is required.

I was wondering if anyone knows what a typical roster would look like if you have a second language. What percentage of your flights would be to the same destination? Obviously most of us would like some variety to our rosters, so I'm just weighing the pros and cons to doing the second language test.

The email also states that it's only after 2 years of service that you can elect to reduce this to 60% of your roster (still relatively high IMO).

Keen to hear everyone's thoughts on this, and if any existing QCCA crew can shed their experiences on this.

Thanks

badbadnotgood
12th Jul 2023, 08:15
Thank you in advance!

I had mine on the 07/07 and on the actual exam you just have a conversation with somebody over the phone purely in that second language you can speak, not allowed to say or ask anything in english. Before the test there somebody over zoom is going to check around your room or wherever you are taking the test, for books, people or posible aids you may want to use during the test and while you are having the conversation, he will be watching you the entire time so you don’t cheat.

Make sure you log into the website and complete
your security questions as well. Good luck!!!

SnakeBite
12th Jul 2023, 13:14
Hi all,

Got the second language email.

The email states that the majority of your roster will likely be where your second language is required.

I was wondering if anyone knows what a typical roster would look like if you have a second language. What percentage of your flights would be to the same destination? Obviously most of us would like some variety to our rosters, so I'm just weighing the pros and cons to doing the second language test.

The email also states that it's only after 2 years of service that you can elect to reduce this to 60% of your roster (still relatively high IMO).

Keen to hear everyone's thoughts on this, and if any existing QCCA crew can shed their experiences on this.

Thanks

Hello,

I hope you are well.

Did you get that email because your 2nd language was not on the first email and you had to select ¨Other¨ which was my case and the second language I speak is on that list of the second email I got today.

Thank you for asking these questions but I would imagine it would really depend on what language it is. I cant imagine what QF routes a German language speaker has to operate 🌍🌎🌏.

Matty29
12th Jul 2023, 21:06
Hello,

I hope you are well.

Did you get that email because your 2nd language was not on the first email and you had to select ¨Other¨ which was my case and the second language I speak is on that list of the second email I got today.

Thank you for asking these questions but I would imagine it would really depend on what language it is. I cant imagine what QF routes a German language speaker has to operate 🌍🌎🌏.

Hello,

Yes, that’s right. I had to select ‘Other’ in the first email, then in the second email it is listed as a Priority 1 second language.

With my particular second language, Qantas flies directly to that country, so just wondering what they mean by “majority of your roster”.

dailyminyo
13th Jul 2023, 03:58
Has anyone received an email from Bodycare saying to redo the assessment? Saying its my restest and I have to pay again on my own expense … I have heard anything about from Qantas since the second language test.

badbadnotgood
13th Jul 2023, 04:58
Hi lovely people,

I just received an email to re-do my medical check but they want me to pay again ($387) for it, I was under the impression that Qantas would pay for the renewal? did anyone else had to pay to re-do their medical check? I already did mine back in December 2022 and it was a lot less the amount we had to pay.

Hopefully this is good news!

SnakeBite
13th Jul 2023, 09:39
Hi lovely people,

I just received an email to re-do my medical check but they want me to pay again ($387) for it, I was under the impression that Qantas would pay for the renewal? did anyone else had to pay to re-do their medical check? I already did mine back in December 2022 and it was a lot less the amount we had to pay.

Hopefully this is good news!

Did Qantas or Bodycare email you? I paid in March 2023 AUD$299
I know that the Drug and Alcohol test is the only one which Qantas makes you redo it and pay for it. The process and its procedures may change 🤷‍♂️ perhaps some expiry date

Kayd23
13th Jul 2023, 11:34
First I've heard TA ask for a retest of the whole medical! I thought it was just a drug and alcohol test that expires after 3 months in which they pay for. That's unfortunate. And hoping this is not a new part in the process :/

Has anyone received an email from Bodycare saying to redo the assessment? Saying its my restest and I have to pay again on my own expense … I have heard anything about from Qantas since the second language test.

emzi
14th Jul 2023, 03:50
congratulations!!!!! it’s good to hear that the calls are coming through. can i ask what base you applied for?

Sydney base :)

Kayd23
14th Jul 2023, 04:28
Congratulations! Good luck at GS!

Hi all,

I've gotten a call and an email from a TA today, first thanking me for taking the 2nd language test then asking me to redo the drug and alcohol test and the CPR certificate (it is only valid for 6 months for Qantas, but 1 year for normal usage), and she said that GS will be starting in September.

My timeline -
Applied - Oct 2022
Assessment day - Nov 2023
Medical - March 2023
2nd Language test - just 3 days ago

Honestly, I almost gave up and already got offered other full time roles, but thank god I haven't signed the actual contract yet :P
Just wanted to let you guys know that I think they are still working through the holding pool and there are still some GS going on, we might not need to wait till the end of the year!!
Hang tight :)

Kelkel
14th Jul 2023, 04:33

hey KoKo, did you advise them of your trip in October? Wondering how that is going to go with medical checks ect. Im considering emailing them now to advise. :)

Koko90
14th Jul 2023, 05:49
hey KoKo, did you advise them of your trip in October? Wondering how that is going to go with medical checks ect. Im considering emailing them now to advise. :)

Hi, I’m internal! My flights are staff travel so I can just cancel them and the holiday whenever. I’ve waited to long to turn down GS 😆

littlenicky23
14th Jul 2023, 23:33
I had mine on the 07/07 and on the actual exam you just have a conversation with somebody over the phone purely in that second language you can speak, not allowed to say or ask anything in english. Before the test there somebody over zoom is going to check around your room or wherever you are taking the test, for books, people or posible aids you may want to use during the test and while you are having the conversation, he will be watching you the entire time so you don’t cheat.

Make sure you log into the website and complete
your security questions as well. Good luck!!!

Hi, just a quick question do they call on your mobile number or does it have to be on a landline? I have my second language exam this week. Thanks in advance.

Kylie walker
16th Jul 2023, 07:50
Hi, just a quick question do they call on your mobile number or does it have to be on a landline? I have my second language exam this week. Thanks in advance.

I don’t condone cheating, but how easy would it be to cheat a verbal language test with the help of a translator and a hearing aid?
It would be so easy to set up a hidden speaker and just use a translator to provide answers in whatever language. Anyone could do this.

For those who are fluent, well done and best of luck on your exam. I wish I had practiced my Cantonese, Qantas will probably be recruiting again for the new direct Hong kong routes.

emzi
16th Jul 2023, 16:01
I don’t condone cheating, but how easy would it be to cheat a verbal language test with the help of a translator and a hearing aid?
It would be so easy to set up a hidden speaker and just use a translator to provide answers in whatever language. Anyone could do this.

For those who are fluent, well done and best of luck on your exam. I wish I had practiced my Cantonese, Qantas will probably be recruiting again for the new direct Hong kong routes.

I just went though the test myself this week and there was a 3rd party spectator on the zoom call with you to prevent you from having any ear piece, notes or computer screen on during the whole time of the test.

The spectator will ask you to show your working space prior, and make you share your computer screen, no headphones were allowed.

The only thing you can do is to pick up your mobile phone and call the language accessor - and if the spectator sees anything suspicious from your end, the exam will be terminated.

I would say it’s pretty hard to cheat, but it sucks having to pay so much to get verify though.

badbadnotgood
16th Jul 2023, 23:32
Hi all,

I've gotten a call and an email from a TA today, first thanking me for taking the 2nd language test then asking me to redo the drug and alcohol test and the CPR certificate (it is only valid for 6 months for Qantas, but 1 year for normal usage), and she said that GS will be starting in September.

My timeline -
Applied - Oct 2022
Assessment day - Nov 2023
Medical - March 2023
2nd Language test - just 3 days ago

Honestly, I almost gave up and already got offered other full time roles, but thank god I haven't signed the actual contract yet :P
Just wanted to let you guys know that I think they are still working through the holding pool and there are still some GS going on, we might not need to wait till the end of the year!!
Hang tight :)

Hi emzi!

I got the same call last week! we might be in the same GS 😮 but is not a confirmed date. Did they actually give you a date? or a rough estimate? I’m re-doing my medicals today, hopefully after this i’ll hear a more definite date.

my timeline:
Applied: November 2022
AD: December 2nd 2022
Medical: December 2022
2nd language test: 2 weeks ago

Im so happy to hear they are actually going through the hold pool!

good luck everyone!

badbadnotgood
16th Jul 2023, 23:34

The assessor gives you a phone to ring on the spot, make sure you type +1 before you call, otherwise it won’t go through

badbadnotgood
16th Jul 2023, 23:37
Did Qantas or Bodycare email you? I paid in March 2023 AUD$299
I know that the Drug and Alcohol test is the only one which Qantas makes you redo it and pay for it. The process and its procedures may change 🤷‍♂️ perhaps some expiry date

I emailed TA right after and they are paying for everything, so I don’t have to worry about it, first I got an email from Bodycare and 2 hours later, Qantas, they also called me for GS in September!

Kylie walker
17th Jul 2023, 03:10
I just went though the test myself this week and there was a 3rd party spectator on the zoom call with you to prevent you from having any ear piece, notes or computer screen on during the whole time of the test.

The spectator will ask you to show your working space prior, and make you share your computer screen, no headphones were allowed.

The only thing you can do is to pick up your mobile phone and call the language accessor - and if the spectator sees anything suspicious from your end, the exam will be terminated.

I would say it’s pretty hard to cheat, but it sucks having to pay so much to get verify though.

You must not have seen the new earpieces and cameras you can buy that are the size of a pin head.

On zoom noone would be able to actually see inside your ear!
I’m just being cheeky, and I personally wouldn’t want to cheat because I would care about my passengers understanding me during an emergency, and doing my job properly.and I don’t cheat.

What is the cost of verifying language skills? I can’t believe they make candidates pay to prove they are qualified. It that even legal?

emzi
17th Jul 2023, 06:14
You must not have seen the new earpieces and cameras you can buy that are the size of a pin head.

On zoom noone would be able to actually see inside your ear!
I’m just being cheeky, and I personally wouldn’t want to cheat because I care more about my passengers comfort and safety, and would rather learn so I can do my job properly.

What is the cost of verifying language skills? I can’t believe they make you pay to prove you are qualified. It that even legal?

My result was in within 3 hours, but I was tested for my native language, so it might be pretty straight forward for them I think.

The cost of the test was 144 USD not including 35 minutes overseas phone call charges.
It’s pretty annoying for someone who is not ethnically Australian having to pay for a 3rd party to verify their native language, in my previous airline this was all done in house.

Kylie walker
17th Jul 2023, 12:46
My result was in within 3 hours, but I was tested for my native language, so it might be pretty straight forward for them I think.

The cost of the test was 144 USD not including 35 minutes overseas phone call charges.
It’s pretty annoying for someone who is not ethnically Australian having to pay for a 3rd party to verify their native language, in my previous airline this was all done in house.

Oh wow, that’s absurd!
$200AUD??? I hope they pay you a graduation bonus?
Well it’s good thing you passed, hey! Congratulations, when do you commence GS?

Koko90
17th Jul 2023, 22:22
Good morning! Anyone here being called for September GS that doesn’t speak a 2nd language?

badbadnotgood
18th Jul 2023, 02:54
Congrats!! 😃

Do you need to redo the whole medical, or just the alcohol & drug component?

I had to do redo both of them completely, which i guess is a bit of an advantage when you know what to expect 🤷‍♂️

dailyminyo
18th Jul 2023, 03:06
Hi I got a call for GS in September. Just wondering is anyone relocating to Sydney or already flying or in GS after relocation?

Koko90
18th Jul 2023, 04:47
Hi I got a call for GS in September. Just wondering is anyone relocating to Sydney or already flying or in GS after relocation?
hi dailyminyo! CONGRATS. You must be excited. Did they say if GS is late SEP or early? Did they mention any other GS?

Kylie walker
18th Jul 2023, 05:49
Good morning! Anyone here being called for September GS that doesn’t speak a 2nd language?

Hi Koko,

I was invited to attend an AD with only basic Cantonese skills.

Unfortunately I had to choose between my applications, as I received an offer from Qantaslink to fly regional. I regret accepting their offer as I think they still hire those without any 2nd language.

I’m sure all the native Australian’s operating flights to Hong Kong don’t speak ANY cantonese, whereas I at least understand and speak some.
what international flights do you hope to be on?

SnakeBite
18th Jul 2023, 05:58

Thank you very much for the heads up of the $$$ phone call charges as I can prevent that by getting an international phone plan. You saved me 85 AUD (35min) and the plan cost me 8 AUD for 60min to call to the United States of America 😆 ( I doubt LTI Language Test International will allow skype call to international call which rates are low)

emzi
18th Jul 2023, 07:00

hey Minyo,

I will be relocating to Sydney for GS, but I won’t start looking for accomodations until I sign the contract, the rent is pretty outrageous though….

dailyminyo
18th Jul 2023, 09:55
hey Minyo,

I will be relocating to Sydney for GS, but I won’t start looking for accomodations until I sign the contract, the rent is pretty outrageous though….

Yeah that is what I am concerned about … I am from melbourne. Are you planning to live near around airport like Mascot?

dailyminyo
18th Jul 2023, 09:57
hi dailyminyo! CONGRATS. You must be excited. Did they say if GS is late SEP or early? Did they mention any other GS?

Thanks 🙏🏻 They didn’t really mention about the exact date. They only told me what I need to re-do like certificates and medical.

emzi
19th Jul 2023, 03:43
Yeah that is what I am concerned about … I am from melbourne. Are you planning to live near around airport like Mascot?

I am thinking about Mascot too, and the rent is about 450 - 500 per week.
But it also depends on where will the training be though, I've heard it can be in brissy too.

SnakeBite
19th Jul 2023, 09:52
For those who have to renew CPR and medicals did QF call you on your mobile phone or did they email you first?

Kayd23
19th Jul 2023, 10:41
For those who have received the golden call, if you didn't answer at first, did they leave a voice mail or did you just call the number back? Do they also send you an email if they cannot get through to you straight away?

Kylie walker
19th Jul 2023, 19:41
For those who have to renew CPR and medicals did QF call you on your mobile phone or did they email you first?

I got an email with a conditional offer to attend training in syd. I’ve been waiting over 2 months for asic to approve or deny my application but they haven’t got back to me with any decision.

I’ve given them all the documents and information they asked for, but they ignore me. It’s bull****

My ground school date has since passed. I’m so pissed about this situation, I don’t know why they offer a discretionary asic if they don’t even bother giving applicants an answer 😠

badbadnotgood
20th Jul 2023, 03:14

They will give you a call about it or you might get an email from Bodycare first, either or, it’s happening. don’t stress about having to pay for your medical because you don’t have to, QF is paying for the re-do of you medical check, you will have to pay to renew your CPR unfortunately. I’d say that you could update you CPR when you can and send your updated certificate to them?

benniel
20th Jul 2023, 07:11
HI Kylie,
What do you mean by a conditional offer? Is it related to your ASIC approval? Have you contacted them via phone. They overlooked the emails as I have experienced they just closed my enquiries rather than replying. So are you going to fly Qantaslink? I am sure there will be internal opportunities to move to International in the future.

I got an email with a conditional offer to attend training in syd. I’ve been waiting over 2 months for asic to approve or deny my application but they haven’t got back to me with any decision.

I’ve given them all the documents and information they asked for, but they ignore me. It’s bull****

My ground school date has since passed. I’m so pissed about this situation, I don’t know why they offer a discretionary asic if they don’t even bother giving applicants an answer 😠

Sky1157
20th Jul 2023, 10:15
Can anyone tell me what the wait time from joining is for use of staff travel? They discussed it on the AD but my brain has dropped the recall.

Watto22
21st Jul 2023, 11:02
Hi,
You will be able to get reimbursed for this cost once you start your employment along with the US Visa charges etc. Qantas are very good like this.

Watto22
21st Jul 2023, 11:03
Can anyone tell me what the wait time from joining is for use of staff travel? They discussed it on the AD but my brain has dropped the recall.
Current crew can access staff travel as soon as they start training.

dailyminyo
21st Jul 2023, 14:24

Hi, do you know estimate price of staff travel flight eg. mel-syd and is there any limits of use??

Kylie walker
21st Jul 2023, 18:58

That’s weird, I got a missed called from a number from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania USA, like 2 days ago

+1 (223) 234-2394

Watto22
21st Jul 2023, 22:58
Hi, do you know estimate price of staff travel flight eg. mel-syd and is there any limits of use??
No limits on use and $49 for that sector

Sky1157
22nd Jul 2023, 00:50

thank you Watto22.

that is really generous of QF that there is no wait time & helpful for anyone that is commuting etc.

Watto22
22nd Jul 2023, 00:54
No limits on use and $49 for that sector
$49 with QF or $25 with JQ per sector

gatta82
22nd Jul 2023, 23:16
The assessor gives you a phone to ring on the spot, make sure you type +1 before you call, otherwise it won’t go through
hi there I got my second language email and I booked it in for the 31st of July .Would I receive anything else with more info? Because after I. Poke di haven’t got anymore emails about to when and what to do and which number to ring ??.

badbadnotgood
24th Jul 2023, 01:07
hi there I got my second language email and I booked it in for the 31st of July .Would I receive anything else with more info? Because after I. Poke di haven’t got anymore emails about to when and what to do and which number to ring ??.

not really, that's about it, you probably wont hear from QF until after the test, just make sure you have signed up into the course account and completed your profile with the security questions and all the other things they ask you to fill up.

when it comes to the day of the test, you will have to sign into your account 20 minutes before the scheduled time so an assessor can check your room, that you are not cheating or somebody with you translating, once the whole check is done he will give you a phone number to dial. all you have to do is dial it and you will be chatting with somebody who will be assessing your language skills. remember its an US number so, international cost are involved if you don't have a phone plan.

good luck with your test, and hopefully you hear back from them right after.

gatta82
24th Jul 2023, 03:34
not really, that's about it, you probably wont hear from QF until after the test, just make sure you have signed up into the course account and completed your profile with the security questions and all the other things they ask you to fill up.

when it comes to the day of the test, you will have to sign into your account 20 minutes before the scheduled time so an assessor can check your room, that you are not cheating or somebody with you translating, once the whole check is done he will give you a phone number to dial. all you have to do is dial it and you will be chatting with somebody who will be assessing your language skills. remember its an US number so, international cost are involved if you don't have a phone plan.

good luck with your test, and hopefully you hear back from them right after.
hi there what account Inhave to sign in which is the website to open an account with them?and what security questions I have to fill out?

SnakeBite
24th Jul 2023, 14:43
hi there what account Inhave to sign in which is the website to open an account with them?and what security questions I have to fill out?

Once you book your LTI and giving them your assessment day/time options it will take some days (for LTI it took 1 week until they scheduled me) to email you the instructions precisely what to do. Do not worry... make sure you have a phone plan as you will be calling to the USA $$$ and also have a laptop/computer with webcam and internet and in case you live in a place where you have bad reception take account for that as well.

gatta82
24th Jul 2023, 20:43
Once you book your LTI and giving them your assessment day/time options it will take some days (for LTI it took 1 week until they scheduled me) to email you the instructions precisely what to do. Do not worry... make sure you have a phone plan as you will be calling to the USA $$$ and also have a laptop/computer with webcam and internet and in case you live in a place where you have bad reception take account for that as well.

ok thank you so much . So the date I chose while I was doing the process to pay it doesn’t matter? I chose the 31st of July but if they call me after that it doesn’t count right? They will email me dates and time?

SnakeBite
24th Jul 2023, 22:23
ok thank you so much . So the date I chose while I was doing the process to pay it doesn’t matter? I chose the 31st of July but if they call me after that it doesn’t count right? They will email me dates and time?

Let me rephrase: At the same time of booking you will be asked what days are convenient to have the language assessment (2 days to give LTI an option) also a time frame (e.g. on the 31.07 between 10am and 1pm and 03.08. between 2pm and 6pm) after you pay you get an email that you have paid. LTI will review your requested time slot and organize the correct language teacher according to the time zone (after some days).

If you haven´t received a confirmed booking email LTI (I emailed them twice before I received a response with a booking)

Here is some info stated in my email
Please contact LTI support if you have any questions by emailing [email protected] or calling 914-963-7110, option 1 during our regular business hours, Monday – Friday from 8:00AM - 6:30PM Eastern Standard Time.

gatta82
25th Jul 2023, 02:45
Let me rephrase: At the same time of booking you will be asked what days are convenient to have the language assessment (2 days to give LTI an option) also a time frame (e.g. on the 31.07 between 10am and 1pm and 03.08. between 2pm and 6pm) after you pay you get an email that you have paid. LTI will review your requested time slot and organize the correct language teacher according to the time zone (after some days).

If you haven´t received a confirmed booking email LTI (I emailed them twice before I received a response with a booking)

Here is some info stated in my email
Please contact LTI support if you have any questions by emailing [email protected] or calling 914-963-7110, option 1 during our regular business hours, Monday – Friday from 8:00AM - 6:30PM Eastern Standard Time.

thank you so much I will contact them if I didn’t receive anything by tonight
thanks heaps for your help much appreciated
after how long QF contacted you ? Also have you start ground school yet amor still waiting?

SnakeBite
25th Jul 2023, 20:45
thank you so much I will contact them if I didn’t receive anything by tonight
thanks heaps for your help much appreciated
after how long QF contacted you ? Also have you start ground school yet amor still waiting?

I just did the LTI a week ago and I do not know when the next step is.

Tidda
26th Jul 2023, 08:36
I got a call last week about a ground school in Abu Dhabi Aug 27th!! I need to re do my drug and alcohol and CPR.. anyone else got the same call?? I was expecting to wait 6-12 more months!

Flossyb
26th Jul 2023, 13:12
I got a call last week about a ground school in Abu Dhabi Aug 27th!! I need to re do my drug and alcohol and CPR.. anyone else got the same call?? I was expecting to wait 6-12 more months!

Oh wow that’s so exciting!! Congratulations! When was your AD?

badbadnotgood
26th Jul 2023, 13:28

Congrats!!!! I just a got a call 2 days ago, for Aug 28th in Abu Dhabi as well, surely we are in the same group 😮

emzi
27th Jul 2023, 03:26
Congrats!!!! I just a got a call 2 days ago, for Aug 28th in Abu Dhabi as well, surely we are in the same group 😮

Hiyaaa I also got the 28th start day for AD training :) I think we are gonna be group mates!

Eminthesky
27th Jul 2023, 04:32
Hiyaaa I also got the 28th start day for AD training :) I think we are gonna be group mates!

Congratulations Emzi.

when was your AD?

emzi
27th Jul 2023, 04:55
Congratulations Emzi.

when was your AD?

Mine was last year in November love, it's been a looooooooong time coming lol

badbadnotgood
27th Jul 2023, 05:10
Congratulations. When was your AD? Are you internal or external? Sydney based? Enjoy :)

Thank youu! my AD was Dec 2022 and I’am external, sydney based! thank you so much

dailyminyo
27th Jul 2023, 05:50
I got a call for 28th Aug GS as well 🥹 can’t wait and excited for Abu dhabi training. Congrats to everyone

Does anyone know how long are we staying in Abu dhabi?

emzi
27th Jul 2023, 06:28
I got a call for 28th Aug GS as well 🥹 can’t wait and excited for Abu dhabi training. Congrats to everyone

Does anyone know how long are we staying in Abu dhabi?

If I recall correctly, the lady on the phone said we will spend 2 weeks in Abu Dhabi, I am assuming it is mainly for the simulator(practical) training, so we will probably do the theory classes first in Sydney :)
I think we will be batch mate Minyo! hehe

badbadnotgood
27th Jul 2023, 11:36
If I recall correctly, the lady on the phone said we will spend 2 weeks in Abu Dhabi, I am assuming it is mainly for the simulator(practical) training, so we will probably do the theory classes first in Sydney :)
I think we will be batch mate Minyo! hehe

That’s amazing! Congrats Minyo, im pretty sure we are going to be in the same group with emzi haha yeah about 2-3 weeks in AUH

gatta82
27th Jul 2023, 21:12
Hi there is any chance I can call you to ask few questions ? I finally got an email after I calle d them to ask what is going on and they gave the 2nd of august at 11pm…???? I was ok then. Then she sent me an email with heaps of information and I think I am confused so if I could speak to you over the phone that would be great .
and also thank you so much for your kindness very helpful
cristiane

SnakeBite
28th Jul 2023, 13:38
Hi there is any chance I can call you to ask few questions ? I finally got an email after I calle d them to ask what is going on and they gave the 2nd of august at 11pm…???? I was ok then. Then she sent me an email with heaps of information and I think I am confused so if I could speak to you over the phone that would be great .
and also thank you so much for your kindness very helpful
cristiane

I think you referring to LTI. You may write me a private message on ppprune

Koko90
31st Jul 2023, 08:45
Anyone that has a confirmed GS coming up received pre courses on workday? If so what type of courses are they as I have received some tonight, cyber safety awareness,security etc etc

craig93
3rd Aug 2023, 02:07
Anyone that has a confirmed GS coming up received pre courses on workday? If so what type of courses are they as I have received some tonight, cyber safety awareness,security etc etc

I am also wondering about this too. On active hold for SYD base and received those courses in workday

Kelkel
7th Aug 2023, 08:42
Anyone else unable to log into their workday? It says I've been locked out even though I haven't tried to log in for a few weeks.

I didn't want to reset my password in case they're doing things behind the scenes lol

I logged in about 10 minutes ago for the first time in about a month and it was fine

SnakeBite
7th Aug 2023, 11:23
Anyone else unable to log into their workday? It says I've been locked out even though I haven't tried to log in for a few weeks.

I didn't want to reset my password in case they're doing things behind the scenes lol

logged in without any problem on workday and no changes on status (In Progress)

dailyminyo
8th Aug 2023, 08:05
Has anyone in 28th Aug GS received training schedule?

badbadnotgood
8th Aug 2023, 23:55
Has anyone in 28th Aug GS received training schedule?

nothing yet, only the onboarding on workday and asic

Tidda
12th Aug 2023, 01:00

Yess!! It does start 28th!! SO excited!!!

highfly8
13th Aug 2023, 23:58
Just got an email from acquisition apologising for the delay and that my application is still under consideration

littlenicky23
14th Aug 2023, 00:38
Just got an email from acquisition apologising for the delay and that my application is still under consideration

same! I got the email from TA also. Hopefully not long now. It’s been ages since my assessment day last year.

Koko90
14th Aug 2023, 01:15

hi “highfly8” same here! Hopefully we hear something soon

Kelkel
14th Aug 2023, 03:07

I didn’t get one 😰

Js_s
14th Aug 2023, 04:02
hi “highfly8” same here! Hopefully we hear something soon
i just got that email as well,
can i ask u when was your Ad?

H83
20th Aug 2023, 08:53
Hey everyone

I’m new here and just wanted to ask those that plan to commute from Brisbane to Sydney, have you found any reasonable accommodation options in Sydney for ground school?

thank you for any information 😊

Koko90
22nd Aug 2023, 04:46
Hello. Has anyone heard of any ground schools coming up in the future? Seems to be very quite at the moment, apart from the automated emails being sent every other week

SnakeBite
22nd Aug 2023, 07:00
Got the call ✈️✨ today. There was some GS opening for the date of 8th October SYD.
I accepted 😄

applied external AD 7th March 2023

Koko90
22nd Aug 2023, 08:57
Got the call ✈️✨ today. There was some GS opening for the date of 8th October SYD.
I accepted 😄

Hi “SnakeBite” Congrats 🎉 How exciting. Will it be entirely in SYD or elsewhere? I’m internal but applied almost 11 months ago

SnakeBite
22nd Aug 2023, 09:59
Hi “SnakeBite” Congrats 🎉 How exciting. Will it be entirely in SYD or elsewhere? I’m internal but applied almost 11 months ago

thank you very much 😌

I haven't asked but there will be some emails where I assume it will be mentioned and will share more once I know or maybe someone else has some input.

Despite that, it is happening 🎆 just hang in there

Eminthesky
22nd Aug 2023, 12:13
I accepted 😄

OMG Big Congrats to you!
Finally seeing someone from the same AD got the call.

Will all your training be in Sydney?

SnakeBite
22nd Aug 2023, 15:48
OMG Big Congrats to you!

Thank you very much.

I don't know where the training will be. Was in shock when I got the call 😛

Eminthesky
22nd Aug 2023, 16:38
Thank you very much.

I don't know where the training will be. Was in shock when I got the call 😛

Were you required to redo any test?

SnakeBite
22nd Aug 2023, 20:51
Were you required to redo any test?

Bodycare (paid by QF) and CPR (paid by me)

Flossyb
23rd Aug 2023, 02:21
Bodycare (paid by QF) and CPR (paid by me)

Congratulations!! That’s great news 🥰🙏🏻

Js_s
23rd Aug 2023, 05:31
OMG Big Congrats to you!

omg !
i finally got a call this afternoon
she said she is gonna send re do medical check to my mail
And need to do cpr again
so excited!!!!!
anyone got a call today?

Js_s
23rd Aug 2023, 11:12
Congratulations!! That’s great news 🥰🙏🏻
congrats!
when have you organized medical check after a golden call? They sent email about that right away??

Eminthesky
23rd Aug 2023, 13:05
omg !
i finally got a call this afternoon
she said she is gonna send re do medical check to my mail
And need to do cpr again
so excited!!!!!
anyone got a call today?

Congrats! When are you starting?

Js_s
23rd Aug 2023, 21:19
Congrats! When are you starting?
04/10 😇😇
But i am waiting for re do medical check now

Js_s
24th Aug 2023, 22:53
How long is the wait from getting a call to getting the contract? I’m still waiting for the call…
have you done redo medical check?

SnakeBite
26th Aug 2023, 10:41
no, been waiting since dec

just to clarify, you did get the golden call but you postponed?

SnakeBite
26th Aug 2023, 17:26
Yes I got the call previously but they didn’t give me enough notice to resign at virgin.. and no updates for me yet but just curious if they send the contract right away or if there is another waiting period as i will need to give 4 weeks to virgin. Hoping to hear soon..

The call I received is the only one (I was told that on the phone) and its an unconditional employment offer. With ¨unconditional¨ I suppose they mean that once I did the CPR refresher and Bodycare and all is in order they should send the contract. What the time frame for that is I dont know. I can only take QF´s word for GS date.

Please correct me if I am wrong if anyone has some valid information

dailyminyo
27th Aug 2023, 02:46
Hi just to confirm with people who is joining we can use our staff travel after we finish our probationary period, is it correct? I once heard that we can use our benefits from the start of training 😭

SnakeBite
27th Aug 2023, 11:22

Hi just to confirm with people who is joining we can use our staff travel after we finish our probationary period, is it correct? I once heard that we can use our benefits from the start of training 😭

Here is your answer dailyminyo (https://www.pprune.org/members/528547-dailyminyo)

Sky1157
28th Aug 2023, 07:26
Does anyone remember what the probationary time period is?
& is the automatic staff travel for both domestic & international routes/ plus interline?

SnakeBite
28th Aug 2023, 14:31
Does anyone remember what the probationary time period is?
& is the automatic staff travel for both domestic & international routes/ plus interline?

Probation Period is 6 month
Staff travel be activated on day 2 of the program (international and domestic; I don't know about interline)

oxfordgal
28th Aug 2023, 23:32
Finally got the golden call!!!
Applied - October 2022
AD - November 2022

Medical checks completed again. Awaiting for conditional offer of employment yay!

Anyone starting GS in Melbourne on 9th October?

Hang in there for those who are waiting. I started applying for other airlines and got offers but knew deep down that Qantas was for me.

Sausagedoglover02
29th Aug 2023, 00:09
hey guys! was anyone in the AD on the 16/02/23 in Sydney & is still waiting for the golden call? I switched over to MEL base after receiving an email in March saying there were positions in mel but have been waiting ever since 😭 I know so many people who have gotten start dates from my AD and I’m so confused as to why I haven’t gotten one yet especially as I have no notice period and have done my medical & everything. Starting to lose faith, I’ve got previous cabin crew experience and have been out since January this year and cannot wait another second to get back into it. Please tell me anyone has heard anything before I start crying again 😢 thanks guys <3

highfly8
29th Aug 2023, 06:41
hey guys! was anyone in the AD on the 16/02/23 in Sydney & is still waiting for the golden call? I switched over to MEL base after receiving an email in March saying there were positions in mel but have been waiting ever since 😭 I know so many people who have gotten start dates from my AD and I’m so confused as to why I haven’t gotten one yet especially as I have no notice period and have done my medical & everything. Starting to lose faith, I’ve got previous cabin crew experience and have been out since January this year and cannot wait another second to get back into it. Please tell me anyone has heard anything before I start crying again 😢 thanks guys <3

waiting is the hard game! I’m in the same boat as you, assessment day 21/02/23 and i also switched from syd - mel. also previous cabin crew experience. everything is starting to pick up again, don’t lose hope!! :)

cabin40
30th Aug 2023, 07:02
Hi All,

Is anyone else awaiting a AD for Mel base? Applied in April, have completed the online chat interview passed that and now awaiting AD

Flighty12345
30th Aug 2023, 22:21
Hi All,

Is anyone else awaiting a AD for Mel base? Applied in April, have completed the online chat interview passed that and now awaiting AD

I am still waiting for a response from my initial application in March. Not even a questionnaire sent to me yet.
Applied last year and waited 5 months for the questionnaire, then got rejected 7 months later because my application expired. Their recruitment process is a joke.
the more flying experience you have the less they want you it seems 👎🏻

Mando7
31st Aug 2023, 01:37
Congratulations that is fantastic. Did the call come though on a private number? :)

SnakeBite
31st Aug 2023, 04:54
Update:
Today on the 31st August I received a phone call from the same person with a conditional contract to be accepted verbally for the start date of 4th October SYD base even though I have my Bodycare and CPR appointments next week which have to be fulfilled. The written contract will be emailed in some days to be returned no later than 72 hours.

Mando7
31st Aug 2023, 05:40
That's fantastic. I did assessment day 21/02/23 still waiting on some news. Just out of interest, do they call on a private number? I missed a call this morning from a private number.

SnakeBite
31st Aug 2023, 10:19
That's fantastic. I did assessment day 21/02/23 still waiting on some news. Just out of interest, do they call on a private number? I missed a call this morning from a private number.

Hang in there and others as well.

The phone number is visible.

eire1
4th Sep 2023, 22:55
hi everyone,

still receiving the 'application still under consideration' ... anyone else still waiting to hear back?

thanks

HanaWai
5th Sep 2023, 02:09
Hi everyone :)I am new here
I applied Melbourne base on end of March 23
Have their online chat interview 2days after, got invited to their AD on 6 April
They have 3 days AD for me to choose but I was not in Melbourne at that time:{

Now my application still active and keep receiving their emails saying wait for their next AD because they don’t have one atm…..

Anyone same? Waiting for their next AD? Or they have got enough crews and their recruitment is being paused :{

Flossyb
5th Sep 2023, 06:40
hi everyone,

still receiving the 'application still under consideration' ... anyone else still waiting to hear back?

thanks

Hi there,

Yes, my email said still under consideration also

cabin40
5th Sep 2023, 08:47
Yep! I applied late April and now awaiting an AD :) have been getting the constant email saying on hold until an AD is scheduled

eire1
5th Sep 2023, 22:10
Hi there,

Yes, my email said still under consideration also
hi, thanks 🙏 hopefully we’ll hear something soon.

eire1
5th Sep 2023, 23:17
thanks, same, waiting!

littlenicky23
6th Sep 2023, 23:05
Update:
Today on the 31st August I received a phone call from the same person with a conditional contract to be accepted verbally for the start date of 4th October SYD base even though I have my Bodycare and CPR appointments next week which have to be fulfilled. The written contract will be emailed in some days to be returned no later than 72 hours.

Hi! Anyone received a contract yet?

natashaanne
7th Sep 2023, 00:01
Hi!

Anyone here applied earlier this year completed the questionnaire and been receiving emails every so often saying awaiting AD to be scheduled?

I received an email today which was slightly different apologising for the delay in recruitment but my application was still under consideration.

Anyone else also receive this?
Just a little worries the email this time is different and doesn’t mention AD :bored:

cabin40
7th Sep 2023, 09:46
Hi!

Anyone here applied earlier this year completed the questionnaire and been receiving emails every so often saying awaiting AD to be scheduled?

I received an email today which was slightly different apologising for the delay in recruitment but my application was still under consideration.

Anyone else also receive this?
Just a little worries the email this time is different and doesn’t mention AD :bored:

Hey!

I’ve been getting the monthly emails saying awaiting AD but haven’t got this yet. I applied for MEL base 😊

Wooj
8th Sep 2023, 05:18
Anyone here recently done 2nd language test?
I've done mine on last Wednesday and wondering if I have to do anything from now. :)

Eminthesky
8th Sep 2023, 09:38
Anyone here recently done 2nd language test?
I've done mine on last Wednesday and wondering if I have to do anything from now. :)

You don’t have to do anything, because the result would be also share with Qantas.

Js_s
9th Sep 2023, 09:08
Hi! Anyone received a contract yet?
yeah I received a contract starting from 04/10🥳
we are gonna meet then!!!🥹
and have you arranged accommodation or are you living in sydney??

Kayd23
9th Sep 2023, 23:36
Congratulations to the people who recently got the golden call!

I'm patiently waiting to hear from qantas since one of their emails saying ground schools will pick up at the end of year. (AD 7/3) Fingers crossed it's soon to all those who are waiting for a gs date too! We're close! X

Js_s
10th Sep 2023, 09:27

I'm patiently waiting to hear from qantas since one of their emails saying ground schools will pick up at the end of year. (AD 7/3) Fingers crossed it's soon to all those who are waiting for a gs date too! We're close! X

Yeah that will be soon,
i have been waiting since last year November 🥲 but finally got a call last month

Eminthesky
10th Sep 2023, 09:59

we’re in the same boat Kayd23

Koko90
13th Sep 2023, 04:16
Has anyone heard any whispers or updates of upcoming GS? They did say end of the year and into 2024! Seems like it’s the end of the year now 😆

FL23
14th Sep 2023, 11:56
Has anyone else not been called after paying for and completing a second language test back in July like me?

Matty29
15th Sep 2023, 05:29
Has anyone else not been called after paying for and completing a second language test back in July like me?

Yes, me. I completed the second language test in July but have not heard back.

FL23
16th Sep 2023, 12:06
Yes, me. I completed the second language test in July but have not heard back.Thank you. It's great to know someone who's on the same page. We have invested a lot of time and effort into this, hoping the golden call may come soon.

littlenicky23
18th Sep 2023, 01:33
yeah I received a contract starting from 04/10🥳
we are gonna meet then!!!🥹
and have you arranged accommodation or are you living in sydney??

Congratulations! yeah looks like it were on the same GS. I haven’t got any accommodation yet I’m still waiting for their call as to where the training is going to be held Sydney or overseas. I’m also commuting. Been waiting since November last year.

Eminthesky
18th Sep 2023, 06:10
Hey guys!
I just finally got the CALL!
starting 9th November 23 partial training will be in Abu Dhabi.

Zzxyz
18th Sep 2023, 06:25
Hey guys!

Hoorah! congratulations love, you receive details on when and how long you stay in abu dhabi?

SnakeBite
18th Sep 2023, 11:13
Hey guys!

Congratulations 🥳🤩

I have GS starting on the 4th October. Where you told that the partial training will be in Abu Dhabi as I never asked. I am SYD base. Still waiting for ground school roster.

Kayd23
18th Sep 2023, 11:13
Hey guys!

Yay finally! I'm happy for another person from our AD getting the call. Fingers crossed for everyone else it's coming for us soon too! X

Eminthesky
18th Sep 2023, 13:34
Thanks guys Zzxyz SnakeBite Kayd23

Eminthesky
18th Sep 2023, 13:39
Congratulations 🥳🤩

I have GS starting on the 4th October. Where you told that the partial training will be in Abu Dhabi as I never asked. I am SYD base. Still waiting for ground school roster.

Hey Snakebite,
I was told on the phone.
So, your whole training will be in Sydney?

Eminthesky
18th Sep 2023, 13:42
Hoorah! congratulations love, you receive details on when and how long you stay in abu dhabi?

Hey Zzxyz,
I been told that it will be around 15 days.
it’s stated on the email as well.

Zzxyz
18th Sep 2023, 14:42
Hey Zzxyz,

That will be a very exciting trip for you! So the contract you already receive on same day of golden call?

SnakeBite
18th Sep 2023, 15:03
Hey Zzxyz,

I wasnt told about training location anything besides base being in SYD. What email you are referring to

SnakeBite
18th Sep 2023, 15:10
That will be a very exciting trip for you! So the contract you already receive on same day of golden call?

Contract should come no later than 2 weeks. But that initial phone call is obvious enough. Other communications such as the written contract are a formality and I got an additional call to accept the contract verbally followed by the written contract via email to be signed.

Regardless of the process or steps, enjoy your time and break until you get to experience this journey. In the end if you are reading this you probably waiting for this golden call and been successful on the assessment day nailing your interview. You got this

Eminthesky
18th Sep 2023, 16:46
I wasnt told about training location anything besides base being in SYD. What email you are referring to

oh you weren’t.

Mine was told on the phone and and on one of the 3 email I received after the call is containing details about the training.

Eminthesky
18th Sep 2023, 16:49

I’ve received right after the call, but it’s a conditional contract one. I was told I will received another one after I completed the AOD test.

Eminthesky
18th Sep 2023, 16:50
SnakeBite
Have you received your ASIC card yet? How long did it take?

Thank you.

SnakeBite
20th Sep 2023, 04:29
SnakeBite
Have you received your ASIC card yet? How long did it take?

Thank you.

I was not home for the attempted delivery in MEL and the mail man did NOT leave a ¨sorry we missed you¨ notification in my mailbox.
Today I called up QF ID Security who have provided me with the tracking number also saying that AU Post in MEL somehow stopped giving physical notification cards which online news can confirm for VIC.

According to the tracking the ASIC card was mailed and processed in NSW per registered post 3 days after receiving QF workday and adobe sign request and attempted delivery in MEL 2 days equals 5 days from the day I received the numerous emails from QF.

I got a bit anxious after waiting for a week as there was no communication from QF what to expect next after signing Adobe contract and its auto confirmation plus a pprune member also received the ASIC card promptly and I didnt. The registered mail was 8 days at the post office awaiting collection until I followed up.

SnakeBite
20th Sep 2023, 04:34
oh you weren’t.

Mine was told on the phone and and on one of the 3 email I received after the call is containing details about the training.

I and others have not received an email about training details. The difference could be that part of your training is in AUH and maybe my training is only onshore SYD (I dont know) hence you receive training details in advance.

princessgirl
20th Sep 2023, 04:51
Hey guys, is there a certain time they’ll call for the golden call, around midday or in the evening? Just wanting a rough estimate and trying to make sure I don’t miss anything while at work!

Shellou131
20th Sep 2023, 07:27
Congratulations! so excited for you both! I am still patiently and excitedly waiting to get the call. My AD was 7 March also.
All the best :)

Kayd23
20th Sep 2023, 07:34
In the same boat as you! Sending the good vibes out there we get the call soon! X Congratulations! so excited for you both! I am still patiently and excitedly waiting to get the call. My AD was 7 March also.
All the best :)

Eminthesky
20th Sep 2023, 09:01
I was not home for the attempted delivery in MEL and the mail man did NOT leave a ¨sorry we missed you¨ notification in my mailbox.
Today I called up QF ID Security who have provided me with the tracking number also saying that AU Post in MEL somehow stopped giving physical notification cards which online news can confirm for VIC.

According to the tracking the ASIC card was mailed and processed in NSW per registered post 3 days after receiving QF workday and adobe sign request and attempted delivery in MEL 2 days equals 5 days from the day I received the numerous emails from QF.

I got a bit anxious after waiting for a week as there was no communication from QF what to expect next after signing Adobe contract and its auto confirmation plus a pprune member also received the ASIC card promptly and I didnt. The registered mail was 8 days at the post office awaiting collection until I followed up.

Oh ok I see, So it’s only take a few days after you’ve sign the contract.
I wouldn’t get the contract until I’ve done AOD and CPR right? Which I will do tomorrow.

Eminthesky
20th Sep 2023, 09:07
Shellou131 Kayd23 Thank you, hope you guys get your calls soon😊

Kayd23
20th Sep 2023, 11:12
Hey guys, is there a certain time they’ll call for the golden call, around midday or in the evening? Just wanting a rough estimate and trying to make sure I don’t miss anything while at work!

I was wondering this too as sometimes I catch the train to work which goes through tunnels with no reception for long periods of time haha. I decided to record a friendly voicemail saying to leave a message and I'll get back to them :)

Also when was your AD?

Eminthesky
20th Sep 2023, 12:23

Hey,
I got mine around 2.30 pm/Sydney time.

littlenicky23
20th Sep 2023, 14:18

i got my call around 4pm. I wasn’t able to answer because i was at work at that time but they do leave a voicemail and iMessage saying they’re from TA and to give a call back.

SnakeBite
20th Sep 2023, 16:07
Oh ok I see, So it’s only take a few days after you’ve sign the contract.
I wouldn’t get the contract until I’ve done AOD and CPR right? Which I will do tomorrow.

Did you get that phone call to accept the contract verbally?

I did get that second call and received the online contract before the completion of AOD and CPR.

Eminthesky
20th Sep 2023, 17:49
Did you get that phone call to accept the contract verbally?

I did get that second call and received the online contract before the completion of AOD and CPR.

Oh really.

yes I did get that question before the calls end.

How long did it take for you to receive the contract?

Koko90
21st Sep 2023, 01:07
Any internals heard anything? It’s clocked the 12 month mark now for some of us.

Sky1157
21st Sep 2023, 08:45
Anyone with upcoming ground schools- are they with some training in Abu Dhabi?
It sounds like someone got a Sydney only based ground school?

Regards,
Sky

SnakeBite
21st Sep 2023, 09:53
Oh really.

yes I did get that question before the calls end.

How long did it take for you to receive the contract?

I got the adobe contract 7 days after receiving the verbal contract phone call.

SnakeBite
21st Sep 2023, 09:55
Anyone with upcoming ground schools- are they with some training in Abu Dhabi?
It sounds like someone got a Sydney only based ground school?

Regards,
Sky

So far I have entirely SYD based starting OCT (8 weeks) where someone has part training in AUH (for 2 weeks) and rest in SYD starting NOV.

Sky1157
22nd Sep 2023, 09:10
So far I have entirely SYD based starting OCT (8 weeks) where someone has part training in AUH (for 2 weeks) and rest in SYD starting NOV.

sounds like a bit of a mix, congratulations to all who have a start date 💕

Zzxyz
23rd Sep 2023, 09:44
I got the adobe contract 7 days after receiving the verbal contract phone call.
do you apply for visa before gs starts or they tell you to apply after you sign contract?

SnakeBite
23rd Sep 2023, 16:58
do you apply for visa before gs starts or they tell you to apply after you sign contract?

after signing

littlenicky23
30th Sep 2023, 21:02
Hi, do they provide accommodation whilst on training for ground school? Thank you

Eminthesky
30th Sep 2023, 21:18
Hi, do they provide accommodation whilst on training for ground school? Thank you

Hi,
no they don’t.
Unless your training is at Abu Dhabi.

SnakeBite
1st Oct 2023, 04:42
Hi,
no they don’t.
Unless your training is at Abu Dhabi.

Be aware that for those who get Abu Dhabi its only part training meaning some training will be at your base where you are responsible for your accommodation.

Sparky77
5th Oct 2023, 17:14
Oh really? The email stated the below, perhaps it was just the groups from my AD.
Importantly, due to an internal review, we require all candidates to re-complete the Height and Reach test.
Hi, I’m wondering if you did the reach test with one arm or both at the same time? I applied internally and was asked to submit all my certificates including medical. They lastly asked me to attend a reach test back in June which I could do with one arm but not both. A couple of days later I was told I was unsuccessful. I had applied for domestic cabin crew.

SnakeBite
6th Oct 2023, 07:49
Hi, I’m wondering if you did the reach test with one arm or both at the same time? I applied internally and was asked to submit all my certificates including medical. They lastly asked me to attend a reach test back in June which I could do with one arm but not both. A couple of days later I was told I was unsuccessful. I had applied for domestic cabin crew.

It was one arm for me without being asked to do with both arms. There is no feedback shared from them of why candidates being unsuccessful. This forum is international focused hence maybe other criteria's are in place for being hired. You can try again and apply and since you internal maybe you have and advantage and can find out.

Sparky77
6th Oct 2023, 07:54
It was one arm for me without being asked to do with both arms. There is no feedback shared from them of why candidates being unsuccessful. This forum is international focused hence maybe other criteria's are in place for being hired. You can try again and apply and since you internal maybe you have and advantage and can find out.

Thanks for your reply. So were you asked to go back to do another reach test? I think I saw some people mention that.

princessgirl
7th Oct 2023, 04:12
Thanks for your reply. So were you asked to go back to do another reach test? I think I saw some people mention that.

a friend of mine who is still in the holding pool had to go back and do another reach test. that was about two months ago for melb base

however i didn’t have to! i think it was depending on the assessment day. something must have happened

Sparky77
7th Oct 2023, 08:38
I completed my first aid and RSA course. Submitted my swim test certificate. Reference checks and medical clearances done and an online teams meeting comprehension test. My manager was even told of a ground school start date for me. My last hurdle was the reach test. When I went to do it I was told I needed to reach 212 cms with both arms at the same time. I had been practicing one arm only at home which I could do. Couldn’t reach both arms at once. Because of this I was unsuccessful.

SnakeBite
7th Oct 2023, 10:10

No, I was not asked to go back for a reach test

SnakeBite
7th Oct 2023, 10:12
a friend of mine who is still in the holding pool had to go back and do another reach test. that was about two months ago for melb base

however i didn’t have to! i think it was depending on the assessment day. something must have happened

Exactly, something happened 🧐. So dont worry if you have to go back to do another one. Its not you

highfly8
7th Oct 2023, 22:28
I completed my first aid and RSA course. Submitted my swim test certificate. Reference checks and medical clearances done and an online teams meeting comprehension test. My manager was even told of a ground school start date for me. My last hurdle was the reach test. When I went to do it I was told I needed to reach 212 cms with both arms at the same time. I had been practicing one arm only at home which I could do. Couldn’t reach both arms at once. Because of this I was unsuccessful.

that is really disappointing, especially how far in the process you had gotten. can i ask how long the progress had taken you until the unsuccessful from application? and how tall you are as well?

I only just reached the 212cm on my assessment day and I am 154cm

Sparky77
8th Oct 2023, 01:55
I was devastated. The process was about 4 months for me. I’m 157-158 cms. Did you have to do two arms at once or only one?

Emstar
8th Oct 2023, 06:24
Hello everyone,

I am waiting on an AD day and reading through this thread I have seen references to the weights required to lift at Bodycare. I have seen 26kg, 36kg and even 50kg!

Just wondering if anyone can provide feedback on their Bodycare experience- just would like to be prepared for the weights test!!!!!!

Also, I saw that 212cm is the reach test height at the AD day- both arms or one?

Thanks all.

SnakeBite
8th Oct 2023, 10:25

I am very sorry. I am actually speechless.. Not sure how I missed this quote of yours. I dont know the process of internal applicants but the outcome of yours has a mental impact. Please speak up to someone internally

Emstar
8th Oct 2023, 20:33
Hello all.
New to the forum but used to be a F/A long time ago. Waiting on an AD.
I tried to post a question yesterday but may have not done it properly.
I have seen in various threads that at Bodycare medical check, people are asked to lift weights ranging from 26kg, 36kg and even 50kg. The randomness of the weights being asked to lift makes it hard to prepare!!
Any experiences appreciated.
For those who are finding the wait difficult, hang in there. It was the same back in my day too.
TIA

Sparky77
9th Oct 2023, 00:56
Thank you…..yes I was in shock. I was crying on the phone when the talent acquisition specialist called to tell me. She suggested I apply for QantasLink as they have smaller planes. I asked if she could just send my name across considering I had completed the whole process. She said no and that I had to attend an assessment day. I have just applied to their recent ad but have noticed there is a 212cm reach test. Not sure if it’s worth the stress all over again.