PDA

View Full Version : ppl validation

steven b
29th Aug 2002, 21:47
WITH REGUARD TO THE VALIDITY OF THE PPL......
AFTER PASSING THE PPL DOES THE TWELVE HOURS SOLO NEEDED TO KEEP THE PPL VALID PER YEAR BEGIN FROM THE DATE SHOWN ON THE LICENSE OR FROM THE BEGINNING OF EACH YEAR
I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND A SILLY QUESTION BUT SOMEBODY QUESTIONED ME ABOUT THIS THE OTHER DAY AND GOT ME THINKING.

CHEERS

BEagle
29th Aug 2002, 22:54
12 hors must be flown in the second 12 month period. 6 must be as P1C, including 12 take-offs and landings. In addition, in the second 12 month period, you must fly a 1 hr training flight with a FI.

To carry passengers you must also maintain 90 day recency requirements.

poetpilot
30th Aug 2002, 08:00
Go on then, here's a slightly odder one about revalidations....

The rules state that, of that 12 hours in the second 12 month period, at least one flight of at least one hour must be with an instructor.

Now, I did my US PPL Biennial Flight Review in July, and did a couple of flights with an FAA instructor, one of 1 hr, one of 1.5 hrs, which he recorded and signed up, complete with exercises carried out duly noted.

Does that count for revalidation of my UK PPL, bearing in mind that my "second 12 month period" started in June ?

Julian
30th Aug 2002, 09:57
PP,

You have to do the hour with a JAA instructor, would be worth checking if you FAA guy was also JAA so it can count - else you have to go up again!!

Bluebeard
30th Aug 2002, 10:26
Always wondered about this one...how do I prove I've done 12 take offs and landings? :eek:

tacpot
30th Aug 2002, 11:53
Always wondered about this one...how do I prove I've done 12 take offs and landings?

You are supposed to keep a record of how many landings you make during the day and at night.

If you fly frequently enough, this level of record keeping may be excessive, because you must land once after every flight :) :) :) , so if you have 12 flights, you must have 12 landings.

englishal
30th Aug 2002, 12:08
my logbook has a column called "no. landingings" (as well as a "no. Instrument approaches")....

Cheers
EA:)

Julian
30th Aug 2002, 13:46
Yep, I have day landings, night landings, no. approaches, types of approach, plus sim and actual instrument time is split.

BlueLine
31st Aug 2002, 17:46
Steven B

The validity of your licence commences from the date you passed the Skill Test. The rating page on the licence should contain a valid until date, 24 months from your Skill Test. That is the date by which you must revalidate the licence or it expires on that date.

As the others have said if you wish to revalidate by experience, then 12 hours in the 12 months prior to the expiry date is required. You can revalidate at any time in the last 12 months, don't wait until the date, you get another two years which runs from the initial expiry date, no time is lost.

Remember 12 hours is only one option, you can do a proficiency check in the 3 months prior to expiry and no other experience is required.

Flights with non JAA instructors don't count for revalidation by experience. Its up to you to prove the landings, so log 12!

EI_Sparks
31st Aug 2002, 18:20
Bluebeard,
It's not that difficult - just prove you've made 12 takeoffs.
:) :p :)