View Full Version : A320 SRS engagement

vilas
10th Oct 2022, 04:28
Hi guysI noticed a change in FCOM about engagement of SRS mode in go around(similar change for takeoff). Quoted below:
SRS GA engages when all of the following conditions are applicable:

The flight crew sets at least one thrust lever to the TOGA detent

The slats or the flaps are extended

The aircraft is airborne, or on ground for less than 30 s.

​​​Previously it required only the flap lever positioned atleast at 1 and not the surface itself. Does any one of your FCOM have the same? It's mistake in my opinion.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

PGA
10th Oct 2022, 08:51
The A380 FCOM states the following:

”The slats/flaps configuration (based on the real position or flaps lever position) is different from the clean configuration”

vilas
10th Oct 2022, 12:42
The A380 FCOM states the following:

”The slats/flaps configuration (based on the real position or flaps lever position) is different from the clean configuration”
I should have mentioned I was talking about A320 FCOM. A380/A350 VFE comes from actual surface position and not from lever position like A320. But my question is for engagement of GA mode.

10th Oct 2022, 15:29
Same here.
Only in FCTM normal procedures GA phase activation can I find:

If the thrust levers are set to the TOGA detent with the flaps LEVER at 0, the following will occur:

AP/FD remain in appr/ ldg phase
etc…

deten the thrust levers are set to the TOGA detent with the FLAPS lever at 0, the following occur:t with the FLAPS lever at 0, the following occur:

vilas
10th Oct 2022, 15:42
Same here.
Only in FCTM normal procedures GA phase activation can I find:

If the thrust levers are set to the TOGA detent with the flaps LEVER at 0, the following will occur:

AP/FD remain in appr/ ldg phase
etc…

r:
You will find in FCOM in autoflight approach landing, go around.

10th Oct 2022, 15:55
I know, our FCOM says the same as your initial statement: no mention of the lever!

sonicbum
10th Oct 2022, 16:40
Hi guysI noticed a change in FCOM about engagement of SRS mode in go around(similar change for takeoff). Quoted below:

​​​Previously it required only the flap lever positioned atleast at 1 and not the surface itself. Does any one of your FCOM have the same? It's mistake in my opinion.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

Hi Vilas, same here. FCOM MAY 22.

iggy
10th Oct 2022, 17:31
So, if SRS does not engage with the lever at Flap 1 position if the actual surface is not deployed, have they also changed the procedure in case of flapless landing (select Flap 1 so in case of GA the SRS will engage)?

vilas
10th Oct 2022, 18:02
So, if SRS does not engage with the lever at Flap 1 position if the actual surface is not deployed, have they also changed the procedure in case of flapless landing (select Flap 1 so in case of GA the SRS will engage)?
That's the problem. Nothing else has changed. Even FCTM talks about lever not the surface.

tubby linton
10th Oct 2022, 18:10
Has somebody in Toulouse thought that we don’t want a crew getting airborne if the slats flaps have not extended correctly which is why this change implies surface rather than lever position?

Sergei.a320
11th Oct 2022, 18:33

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
Hello, you may check GSOH of this chapter and find was it wording enhancement or pin programming result😉

vilas
12th Oct 2022, 05:06
The problem is FCTM doesn't say flaps/slat but only lever out of zero. So it needs amendment. And if it's really modified then slat/flap jammed at zero procedure needs change.

AerocatS2A
23rd Oct 2022, 02:17
My FCOM (09-SEP-22) says:

Setting at least one thrust lever to the TOGA detent engages both SRS/NAV modes, if:
- The flaps lever is at least in position 1, and
- The aircraft is in flight, or
- The aircraft has been on ground for less than 30 s (AP disengages and can be re-engaged 5 s after lift-off).

AerocatS2A
26th Oct 2022, 10:43
I take that back. We were a bit behind but our latest FCOM has flaps/slats position rather than lever position.

vilas
7th Nov 2022, 08:38
I take that back. We were a bit behind but our latest FCOM has flaps/slats position rather than lever position.
It's was a mistake as I thought. You should be getting a correction reverting to older statement.

AerocatS2A
9th Nov 2022, 19:38
It's was a mistake as I thought. You should be getting a correction reverting to older statement.
I imagine we will get it in the next year or two.