PDA

View Full Version : MEL A320 Question

MD83FO
11th Sep 2022, 14:04
If let’s say, FMGC2 is inop, is it necessary to differ all the secondary failures, such as autopilot and flight director?
thank you!

FlightDetent
12th Sep 2022, 02:39
You are correct that any 'refer to' note in the Mi needs to be tracked down and complied with.

For your example case it kind of makes sense, some of the others are not so obvious. However that is the correct procedure to handle the book.

Good question to explore from the desk, before the day actually comes and you need to act, BTW. :ok:

Escape Path
14th Sep 2022, 18:47
You are correct that any 'refer to' note in the Mi needs to be tracked down and complied with.

For your example case it kind of makes sense, some of the others are not so obvious. However that is the correct procedure to handle the book.

Good question to explore from the desk, before the day actually comes and you need to act, BTW. :ok:

Hi FlightDetent would you happen to have any sort of documentation about this? We are having this discussion at my outfit right now and it would be really helpful to have any info that could help us to clear this up. Thank you

Check Airman
14th Sep 2022, 20:14
At my outfit, the MEL for the primary failure tells us which other MEL items to apply for secondary “failures”.

tubby linton
14th Sep 2022, 21:58
This is what the MEL says . The blue lines are hyperlinks to the relevant entries of the other failed kit.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x909/ea55c75a_4dab_48e3_a009_10ced7e92618_0ce2d3720caa501582f45e8 36039bfda095ae5e9.jpeg

FlightDetent
15th Sep 2022, 01:19
having this discussion at my outfit right nowDiscussions among the line pilots must be cleared with the Fleet office and Technical pilot.

If the office is not ready to issue resolute guidance (such as differing points of view compared to the NAA's) they better seek guidance from their Airbus liaison and CAMO team.

​​​​​​

tubby linton
15th Sep 2022, 09:10
The MEL has a How to Use chapter which tells you precisely on how it is to be handled.
Airbus have also produced this briefing- https://safetyfirst.airbus.com/a-recall-on-the-correct-use-of-the-mel/