PDA

View Full Version : Wizzair

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

gpsprimary01
23rd Aug 2021, 08:06
I have some numbers in my mind for SFO, please correct me if i'm wrong or if you can add some info.

Basic : 30.000 Euros / years
KM: 0,037€/km (approximately 30.000 to 60.000 km per month)
Landing : 20€ per landings (PF or PM)

ALL numbers are Gross and without multiplier (depending on the base)

com304
23rd Aug 2021, 09:51
This was presented during assessment:
Before April 2022:
FO Base 18375 EUR
SFO Base 22750 EUR

After April 2022:
FO Base 21000 EUR
SFO Base 26000 EUR

Flight pay 0.022 FO, 0.037 SFO
Landing 12 FO, 19 SFO

We were told to expect 30-50k net (from April) as SFO.

No information was given on how long to command, just basic requirements. Anyone knows more?

just20sent
28th Aug 2021, 15:18
Hi boys, going for the interview in September, i see a lot of people telling that the interview is getting harder, i guess the market is in their favor and they want to keep exactly what they want.
I'm type rated with 2k+ hrs and have already experience in ultra low cost, do i fall in the SFO category for Wizz ?
If anyone has any feedback of the interview that would be amazing! :O

Banana Joe
28th Aug 2021, 17:08
If you have 1500 hrs factorised, you do.

Pearlharbour
29th Aug 2021, 07:50
the market is in their favor? Maybe will not be when most of their expats run away and escape of this company.
I have seen rosters of friends! Just one word define WIZZAIR now. Mad house! Let see if they don’t collapse.

just20sent
29th Aug 2021, 07:53
Well, with how many pilots looking for jobs i believe it's in their favor yeah!
Hopefully the new hires will help change your friend schedule :rolleyes:
And tbh which LCC doesn't have crazy schedule ?

Pearlharbour
29th Aug 2021, 09:03
yeah agree but not many pilots accept to move their families and be a slaves in Eastern Europe non popular base or go alone without Roster.

which other LCC has not crazy roster? Easy, Ryan, Vueling...
some of them fly a lot yeah but Ryan still complying with 5 on 4 off in Western Europe bases which in WIZZAIR it doesn’t happen because they do not have and will not have enough pilots to guarantee a roster. Salary is worst and bases are mostly non popular. They don’t offer local contracts anymore just broker contract, while Ryan is finishing their broker contracts and putting all their pilots in local contracts. Ryan recognize Unions so some kind of protection for pilots is given...
so as soon as Ryan start their recruitment, EasyJet, Volotea... lot of pilots from WIZZ will try to jump in in order to have a little decent life.

And WIZZ will collapse... time will give me the reason

booze
29th Aug 2021, 09:38
Doubt if they ever collapse. Stop growing, maybe.

Having friends in both Ryanair and Volotea I would say that i rather work my backside off during the summer season and chill during the winter months in a Volotea base or having more or less a life with the Ryanair 5/4 than getting shafted and shifted around by the clowns in Wizz HQ all over the show with no roster, insurance, pension and worker's protection.

NewMan123
29th Aug 2021, 09:45
Pearlharbour

I don’t think RyanP2FAir will be hiring experienced pilots anymore. Easy is still running part-time. Eurowings…you might as well work at McDonald’s with what they’re offering. I don’t know about Volotea and Vueling but it’s probably not much more than Eurowings.

Pearlharbour
29th Aug 2021, 10:01
booze

buddy I saw how Ryanair collapse in 2017 because of lack of pilots during summer. Cancelling thousand of flights. They just said that it was a misleading about pilots vacations.

that will happen to WIZZ but worst

booze
29th Aug 2021, 10:18
Indeed. Sorry I thought you meant collapse as bankruptcy. Now it's clear. Definitely coming to them.

just20sent
29th Aug 2021, 10:19
Anyone knows people who passed the interview and got hired ? Seems a lot of people passed but no starting dates.

Giuff
29th Aug 2021, 10:20
I've got mine. After 8 days.

just20sent
29th Aug 2021, 10:21
Starting dates ? Congratulations mate

Giuff
29th Aug 2021, 10:23
Thanks. Very quick start. Almost immediate.

just20sent
29th Aug 2021, 10:31
Good news to hear, some of my ex colleagues are still waiting to start :rolleyes:
Any advice for the assessment ? Thanks

PilotLZ
29th Aug 2021, 10:46
Five consecutive days OFF in a month and 24 calendar days of vacation annually is nothing if you're commuting. Out of the five days, one or two will have to be spent travelling (if you're on an early shift on the final day of work, you might be lucky enough to get home on the same day), leaving you with three or four days at home every month. So, unless a proper commuting roster is reinstated, there will be a mass exodus of commuting pilots the moment other places start hiring on a significant scale.

dirk85
29th Aug 2021, 14:14
Giuff

Which base? Congratulations!

turbine100
29th Aug 2021, 19:18
Was this applicable to the U.K base?

Very low for a professional career and the cost of living etc, do they offer retirement like pensions?

HGV drivers are paid more than this in the U.K

Who would want to train to be a professional pilot considering the investment if salaries and benefits are no longer their.

Alrosa
29th Aug 2021, 19:38
turbine100

Indeed, some people made redundant during the pandemic have turned down Wizzair given they would have to take an unacceptably high pay cut from their current non-aviation job.

Interesting times.

nickler
30th Aug 2021, 06:49
Pearlharbour

As pilots we will still have our back against the wall for a little while, till things will really start to improve from a travel freedom point of view. Considering that only 18 months ago we were all shafted and were losing jobs around the world like it had never happened before, I think we came a long way in such a small amount of time. Airlines are more or less hiring around the world (where there is some kind of travel freedom as of today, i.e. Europe, US) so that's good for the pilot population. They need 1 pilot out of 10 applications as of today and therefore can run the show as much as they want with respect to terms and conditions and hiring requirements. Sooner or later this will change, vaccines will improve in effectiveness over time and new treatments will see the light. Fingers crossed but I believe by 2023 or so covid-19 will be entirely manageable allowing unrestricted travel to resume and hence the market will regain its natural stability, with pilots supply and airlines demand intersecting naturally with improved terms and conditions.

PilotLZ
1st Sep 2021, 14:05
Rumours suggest mandatory vaccination or testing for all crews starting 1 December 2021. Can anyone confirm or deny? If it's true, it has to be the first major EU airline with such a policy.

aviationvictim
1st Sep 2021, 15:48
Mandatory testing every 72 hours or vaccine in France for all crew. Already implemented

Airone2977
2nd Sep 2021, 10:53
Only if you're operating domestic flights in France, not applicable at the moment for european. Don't ask me why, I'm neither the one who wrote this, neither the one who voted for it !

Giuff
2nd Sep 2021, 10:55
PilotLZ

I really hope thats the way to go.
We must deal with that for another 2 or 3 years at best. Vaccinations + green pass = airlines jobs

aviationvictim
2nd Sep 2021, 11:19
Absolutely correct. A 4 sector including a domestics require it as well. I guess that’s how it’s gonna be for now🤷‍♂️

DutchExpat
3rd Sep 2021, 16:21
https://www.aerotime.aero/28783-wizz-air-sets-deadline-for-crew-to-get-vaccinated%20%20?utm_source=linkedin.com

Flylaw
4th Sep 2021, 12:14
Hi I have a question about bases. If you pass the interview process when do they tell you about base allocation? Is this in the offer letter? At the interview do they say which bases are hiring?

Scagrams
4th Sep 2021, 12:48
For insiders, what are the bases in need?

Pearlharbour
5th Sep 2021, 18:19
Ryanair will hire lot of experienced Captains this winter... even non rated. That day you will see how the market move to O’Leary company.
and when Ryan recruit is not just 100 pilots.
you will see on time

Pearlharbour
5th Sep 2021, 18:21
non popular bases... Do not expect Italy, Budapest etc etc

just20sent
5th Sep 2021, 18:23
Like eastern europe ?
Do you know about Abu Dhabi based ? (i have a GCAA license also)

Potatos_69
5th Sep 2021, 20:06
You will earn more at McDonalds in AUH...

just20sent
5th Sep 2021, 20:07
Oh really, whats the salary like there ?

rotorwills
6th Sep 2021, 07:27
Banana Joe

I take it that the guy needed to get back flying, don't blame him one iota. What are they offering him in terms of contract and salary. Is it the zero hours with Warsaw Aviation. I have a few ex colleagues who are interested.
They are just about surviving but are getting mires desperate with winter onset.

captain.weird
6th Sep 2021, 11:53
Does the floating base still exist?

Potatos_69
6th Sep 2021, 12:01
just20sent

perhaps WAH+ 500/1000€ equivalent per month all up.

Jamie2009
6th Sep 2021, 13:06
Hi

Whats a uk FO / SFO Looking at pay wise? Are the uk bases LTN, DSA and BHX?

Thanks

Warlock1
6th Sep 2021, 14:51
To those of you who are thinking of joining this company, listen to this (secret) recording to understand what you are getting into:

https://youtu.be/Kqlh8pjwGrg

Nick 1
6th Sep 2021, 16:54
It was not sacked for the orrible speech , but because it leaked out . That s say a lot regarding the outfit..

Potatos_69
6th Sep 2021, 20:35
plus you hear him refer multiple times that it’s orders from above that have him doing this… I’m sure he loved it too but we all know where the orders come from

dboy
7th Sep 2021, 06:56
The morale of this story: Don’t join this banana-company.

And if you are jobless, well i can tell you there are still other good careers(jobs) out there.

CW247
7th Sep 2021, 06:58
Guy on radio the other day says he left his job caring for old people where they were paying him £1,000 per month and is now with Amazon earning £4k a month. You will not see that salary even as a 5 year FO at Wizz or BA for that matter!

UberPilot
7th Sep 2021, 08:07
I think we’ve reached the point where it’s no longer worth funding flying training to get a job paying so little as an FO, and even effecting capped at €100k gross now for captains as seasonal contracts become the norm. T&Cs are under massive and sustained attack by all operators - look at BA LGW lite. It’s too late for me to get out now, however, anyone investing significant sums into flying training would be much better advised to invest half into software/coding courses and earn more and not get stuck in an aluminium tube all day!

JliderPilot
8th Sep 2021, 18:21
Rumour is Wizz air pilot salary to be reinstated to pre COVID levels before the end of the year.

Brian Pern
9th Sep 2021, 07:36
Really, I wonder if they are short of Flight Crew?

BarryMG
9th Sep 2021, 09:41
True, pre-covid rates from 1st October. And yes, quite short, 300 pilots to be hired by the end of the year, about 100 internal upgrades also - as the pool of unemployed type rated captains is running out.

Brian Pern
9th Sep 2021, 11:19
Well BarryMG thats very good news for us all. If Wizz are running low, then others will follow.

dirk85
9th Sep 2021, 11:59
They had to reinstate the pay, as the majority of those passing the assessment gave them the middle finger when they received the contract.

PilotLZ
9th Sep 2021, 12:17
Was that due to pay only? Or did the "take it or leave it" base arrangement also play a part? And does the rule that you cannot change bases in the first 2 years still apply?

Whitemonk Returns
9th Sep 2021, 14:04
That 4K is before tax, you do your own taxes at Amazon but it's questionable as to whether anybody actually does it accurately, which makes sense considering the employer has a track record of astronomical tax evasion. So I would imagine anyone still at BA earns more than 4K gross, WZZ on the other hand you get what you deserve joining these clowns

Pearlharbour
9th Sep 2021, 16:03
Even with prepandemic salary the problem is the poor roster and working conditions and bases.

also the confidence of the pilots community on one guy that said one day that there will be no redundancies and the day after he fired 300 pilots.

that could happen again. The contract in this company is toilet paper, they can do with you whatever they want and change the conditions unilaterally from one day to other without previous notice, or change your base or 1000 things more.

during the pandemic the treatment that remaining pilots has suffered it has been the worst with difference of any other low cost airline in Europe.

still ex WIZZ colleagues unemployed with families, kids, lifes...
WIZZ ruined their life’s without any reason.
and now they are doing massive assessments and not giving priority to ex WIZZ pilots?

this company is what it is... they are not gonna change and the fact that they reinstate the prepandemic salaries it doesn’t mean anything to me.

MCT SET
9th Sep 2021, 17:48
Does anyone know if they have reinstated training pay for those who are doing the type rating and conversion training?

Banana Joe
9th Sep 2021, 21:01
Whitemonk Returns

A SFO in Italy can make 4k net in normal times.

dirk85
10th Sep 2021, 00:05
flying 110 hours with plenty of discrections maybe, sure not on average. And before the paycut.

BarryMG
10th Sep 2021, 06:04
70hrs, no discretion, with paycut - €3700 net

Whitemonk Returns
10th Sep 2021, 07:27
A JET2 SFO on Furlough makes more than that, it's not impressive.

dirk85
10th Sep 2021, 08:34
All the FOs I know in italy must be liars then, and the payslips I have seen, fake.

Potatos_69
10th Sep 2021, 10:27
Sounds like precovid on Confair as italian local contracts in the beginning were terrible with taxes...

dirk85
10th Sep 2021, 14:12
Too bad they pay taxes in switzerland as well, on international flights, even on the italian contract.
FO salary especially is miserable, ask any of them and they’ll tell you

BarryMG
10th Sep 2021, 18:42
But then you can claim those taxes back, unfortunately only by middle of next year - hurts if you have no savings, but in the long term it doesn't matter.

aviationvictim
10th Sep 2021, 19:24
BarryMG

Is that on an Italian contract with social security and TFR paid on top of it?

Banana Joe
11th Sep 2021, 07:47
That is correct.

Lucifer786
11th Sep 2021, 11:33
The Italian contracts are still terrible. But like someone said, you get your taxes back under certain circumstances.
But paying taxes on their international flights is surely a hefty pound of flesh !

dirk85
11th Sep 2021, 11:45
If you are italian resident, with family and center of interests in italy, sure. But most of the foreign pilots did not bring the family over as far as I can see, meaning that under most legislations you are still eligible to pay taxes in your own country of residence, at least the difference between what you would have paid there and what italy has taken from your payslip.

Alrosa
11th Sep 2021, 14:30
It depends. I broadly agree with you, but there are instances where a pilot is based (at least according to their contract) in one country, but due to the particularities of airline schedules and aircraft movements, spends very little time indeed at their “base”.

Over the course of a year I can count on a single hand the number of times I’ve flown to and from my base as opposed to starting and ending my duty in other countries. Commuting is very easy from my airport (a major European hub) and therefore I don’t live in the same country I am based in.

I pay social security in the country I am based in as their law requires, but the law of the country I commute from and live in states I must pay my taxes there - luckily they have an agreement with the country I’m based in, so it’s all legal and quite straightforward. But I had to check with a lawyer, and I would suggest anyone working for Wizzair etc. spend the money to ensure they don’t get caught out with taxes and social security....even on the allegedly low salaries that some LCCs seem to pay, it is money very well spent...

Banana Joe
11th Sep 2021, 15:02
I suggest you also check the Double Tax Treaty between the two countries involved in your case. Our particular case is usually addressed in article 15 of these standard EU treaties.

Pearlharbour
11th Sep 2021, 15:41
Only CONFAIR contracts available and random roster in non popular bases. 4000 net a FO? no my friend came on, even on prepandemic

for me the main problem is that they do not have enough pilots to guarantee a stable roster. And the commuting to home from Eastern Europe countries (some of them) are really difficult with tickets very expensive.

Giuff
13th Sep 2021, 07:54
Not true. Local contracts on the table also.

gpsprimary01
13th Sep 2021, 10:52
If you have a confair contract, in which country do you have to pay the social security?

dirk85
13th Sep 2021, 11:02
In my experience 99% of Wizzair pilots on a Confair contract do not pay social security at all, as it is not taken from their payslip and feel like it is beneath them to pay

Potatos_69
13th Sep 2021, 16:02
Normally it's because they are paying for full private health insurance instead. or its because the salary is so low that they can't afford to pay full social security... at least during covid

MCT SET
13th Sep 2021, 16:49
If you are on the CONFAIR contract and not the local contract, is it the law to pay social security or are you allowed to take private healthcare and pension?

dirk85
13th Sep 2021, 17:52
You should pay social security, should being the key word. If they want the private stuff, that has to be on top of the state one

Pearlharbour
13th Sep 2021, 18:21
Giuff

last pilots rejoin WIZZ were not even offered the option of local contracts. Just CONFAIR.

so yes is true

Giuff
13th Sep 2021, 18:26
If you are Wizz then you have other infos that i do not have. I am Wizz, and i do have a local contract.
For truth sake and thats it. Rumours are fine, but good information is always a priority during these hard times. Take it as it is. Clarity comes first.

Pearlharbour
13th Sep 2021, 20:36
when you join WIZZ? Pre or after pandemic. Tell me

Giuff
14th Sep 2021, 06:43
It does not matter. Truth is that local contracts are offered, along with others. Now, not months ago.

Pearlharbour
14th Sep 2021, 11:29
local contract is only offered in Tirana, Skopje, UK and Italy. ALL the other bases are CONFAIR contract.

that’s the true, tell me I’m not telling true.

and now tell me if a new pilot is going to get a base in Italy at the beginning, for example.

com304
14th Sep 2021, 11:51
Based on what? I was offered both local and confair contract just yesterday. KIV base

Giuff
14th Sep 2021, 11:55
Skopje has Confair.
Nope, Italy not available atm.

Pearlharbour
14th Sep 2021, 12:17
correct, I just missed Chisinau

Percula
14th Sep 2021, 14:35
Do they still have a no return policy for ex employees?

Potatos_69
14th Sep 2021, 18:10
yes... but why would you want to come back?

Nikker
14th Sep 2021, 18:13
last pilots rejoin WIZZ were not even offered the option of local contracts.
local contract is only offered in Tirana, Skopje, UK and Italy
just missed Chisinau
You like to leave the important bits out. Also missed the part where people with local citizenship are offered local contract by default.

randon
15th Sep 2021, 10:44
Nikker

You mean, for instance, an Italian can expect an italian base directly?

Potatos_69
15th Sep 2021, 11:23
no he means that if they choose to base you in Italy which is highly unlikely they’ll give you a local contract not Confair

just20sent
15th Sep 2021, 11:25
Any news regarding opening in AUH base ?

randon
15th Sep 2021, 12:32
I believe anyone based in Italy have local contracts, not only italians.

MCT SET
17th Sep 2021, 18:55
Anybody who is at wizz or is well informed please explain the general differences between CONFAIR and local contract. Also what bases are currently on offer and likely to be on offer in the next few months, any chances of a U.K. base?

thanks in advance.

Ronipilot
19th Sep 2021, 03:39
Anyone recently in the simulator assessment for captains could give a feedback on what to expect ?

and also who passed the assessment, what are the expected bases for captains ?

Dox
19th Sep 2021, 15:28
Hi guys,
is Wizz Air still calling for interviews? What about non type rated captains?
Thank You!

YourFlyingDutchman
21st Sep 2021, 11:20
Hello everyone,

Any idea for NTR FOs if you are bonded for a certain amount of years or they request the TR sum in advance like Ryanair?

Thank you in advance!

MonarchOrBust
26th Sep 2021, 05:54
Is it true now that after the simulator, you have to undergo a very long computer based aptitude test (the likes of which most other companies do BEFORE)?

Second question, are the FO recruitment days completely separate from Captain recruitment days?

Thank you

PilotLZ
26th Sep 2021, 06:13
The aptitude test is indeed in the final stage. People who have recently attended say that it's like 2-3 hours long. Indeed, I wonder why it's not in the beginning, like in most other companies. Aptitude and theory tests usually serve to reduce the number of candidates going to the interview - the part requiring the highest number of man-hours on part of the recruitment team.

Banana Joe
26th Sep 2021, 10:31
What aptitute test is it? cut-E or something fancier?

FlightDetent
27th Sep 2021, 17:02
Because these two do not have corporate-grade like HR departments that are too busy showing the rest of the company how invaluable their work is. Keeping busy makes you busy.

Instead, small operators are looking for pilots who arrive on time as much as practicable with a reusable aeroplane and without spreading dangerous habits among the pilot pool. For this, you need a SIM session and an assessor pilot who's seen a bit of the dark side - and done. Makes you wonder what else is there actually to the job that other companies are so keen to discover. The whole of DLR could not prevent the GW tragedy.

BTW: a fresh rumour is going around, about WZZ calling the people who turned them down the last autumn and in spring time (say again: pilots refused to join the pink T&Cs), but now offering the original salary packages on a flexible contract. After the second finger is shown some threats are issued (blacklist) but ulitmately another call follows a couple of days later with the contract attached for the standard duty pattern on pre-covid terms.

This smells a bit like normality is coming, at last.

Nikker
27th Sep 2021, 18:06
Just so we are on the same page: people are being offered contracts that every single pilot in Wizz has? If so, what's so special about the rumor?

FlightDetent
27th Sep 2021, 18:27
Oh, perhaps I wasn't. So that we are: Are the new-(re)joiners being all offered pre-COVID pay and duty rosters already?

---- below the line ----
Given the fresh post in the AvEx thread, perhaps I to clarify a bit: The absence of overbearing HR does not automatically make for a nice company.

Nikker
27th Sep 2021, 18:56
FlightDetent

Just like it was mentioned before in this thread. Pre-covid salary since early August, not sure about the rosters.

Newcomer2
27th Sep 2021, 19:55
Nope. Pre-covid salary back starting next month.

FlightDetent
28th Sep 2021, 05:04
@Nikker

It was a three-stepped message:
i) recall on pandemic pay
ii) recall on pre-covid pay but flexi contract (non-commutable, like 3 fixed off days / month)
iii) recall on pre-covid pay and standard-pattern contract (commutable), full pre-covid style.

I shared a flightdeck once with the person who made it to the third stage by standing his ground (well, simply by counting the chicken himself).

Not sure if it is old or recent news, but it is a good one. Not only it means people already have opportunities to decline a bad offer, moreover the company is forced to react which was not granted at all.

Trying to see the glass half-full.

dirk85
28th Sep 2021, 06:22
Keep in mind that the roster pattern in Wizzair is not in the contract, it can be altered at any time.
Not like the rest in set in stone, since they unilaterally change whatever they want at all times at their comvenience

TBSC
28th Sep 2021, 08:27
By the looks of it the post-Brexit world will be begging the said workforce to return to the UK to avoid juice shortage at the fuel stations and to have lettuce on the shelves of Tesco. And using the surplus Wizz UK crews and aircraft to help out in Eastern Europe as it already happened in August. It won't work like ordering 30.000 cloned lorry drivers and 60.000 pickers to be delivered to Dover by tomorrow. Either the rules are loosened or the comedy going on now will stay for long.

RudderTrimZero
28th Sep 2021, 08:56
Yes, you can take the piss and it's perfectly valid but not related to the above.

TBSC
28th Sep 2021, 09:21
None taken (as it wasn't rocket science to predict that this will happen) but it's still a fact: either they let them back or those problems will persist. Which option you think they will choose? And if they let them back then the WUK crew can be threatened again with the (even) cheap(er) workforce.

SW1
5th Oct 2021, 09:21
What position were you applying for? Were all 40 candidates one rank or a mix of Captains and FO?

Thanks

Pearlharbour
6th Oct 2021, 09:31
I think WIZZAIR need to understand that some of the pilots they fired are working now and need time to attend an assessment.
Also it would be nice to know what are the conditions it will be before attending the assessment so the pilot can evaluate if it would be good for him and his family to return or it would be a step back again.

Dukaster
7th Oct 2021, 09:44
Very high selectivity now for the pilot recruitment. I guess they take advantage of the crisis to be very picky.

TBSC
7th Oct 2021, 13:43
While they are still wet-leasing aircraft for lack of crew. They need good apples (aka yes-men) that's why they are picky.

BarryMG
7th Oct 2021, 15:41
The problem is not being picky, the problem is lack of training capacity to put all those people on line.

Dukaster
10th Oct 2021, 12:22
TBSC

They don't care about yes-attitude during the interview, but if you know in detail ATPL especially Air Law. If you hesitate during the face-to-face technical interview you're out. And I don't even talk about the sim, totally random.
They are picky because loads of desperate unemployed pilots are available now. Even captains ready to switch back to the right seat.
That Airline has grown up too fast and now they believe they are as attractive as legacies. Whenever the former Emirates/Etihad/China/etc guys will move back to their previous Airline and Wizz will be again under lack of crew...

TBSC
10th Oct 2021, 13:30
They are still short of crew, wet-leased aircraft just recently again to cover flights while they still don't use 50-60 of their own aircraft. The way the selection is being done merely shows how clueless they are. That's the reason they got into this mess in the first place.

PilotLZ
10th Oct 2021, 14:47
I know a few excellent guys of all ranks who failed the WZZ assessment. Some before COVID, others recently. Why was that, I can only guess - but probably more because of the HR part than because of anything having gone sideways on the technical one.

MCT SET
10th Oct 2021, 21:35
Any future bases in the U.K. possibly if they are planning for a lot of Wizz U.K. recruitment?

CW247
11th Oct 2021, 06:32
I applied as an experienced FO, >3000 hours on type. I gave it my best, I was well prepped, perhaps got one tech question wrong in the interview but that was a misunderstanding of the question I realised afterwards. I felt I did better than all my previous assessments (more than 10 of them, having past the last 5 in a row). Yet, I didn't even make it to day 2 with Wizz Air. I know the young pilot recruitment manager guy (Hungarian) reads PPRuNe. I will say one thing to him....don't be so picky, maybe we're not all Wizz Air material but there aren't enough of us to go around. You are destined to have a difficult 2022 because of your attitude.

Nick 1
11th Oct 2021, 08:48
They don’t want pilots , they want good apples , and the line between good / bad apples is thin , can change overnight ...

Capt Scribble
11th Oct 2021, 09:04
Seems like its the main de-cider.

Hawking
11th Oct 2021, 09:54
Can someone tell how much they're offering the captain?

PilotLZ
11th Oct 2021, 12:26
Capt Scribble
Exactly what you can expect when you let the non-tech lot run the show in recruitment. This is not to say that non-technical skills are not important. They are absolutely vital. But there needs to be recognition that, as an airline, you need safe and competent pilots - and some different personalities can be equally safe pilots if taught correctly. The teaching resource is there. Training is of high standard and there are many instructors who have years and years in the company and probably over 10,000 hours on type, owing to the fact that they fly a lot.

If being a safe and competent pilot (and you cannot be one without good CRM) is not enough of a reason for one to be employed by an airline in desperate need of pilots, then I don't know what else is. Oh, wait, maybe the results of some computer games labeled as "psychological and personality assessment"?

JOE MAXY
11th Oct 2021, 22:15
Has any Capt that was successful in September’s recruitment been offered a base yet?

Giuff
13th Oct 2021, 07:23
Recrutiment will slow a bit now, then restart soon at full scale also for NTR colleagues.
Company running at full training capacity at the moment. Every single hr resource is deployed.
Best of luck to all.

Banana Joe
13th Oct 2021, 10:22
Any timeline as to when the recruitment will restart? Beginning of 2022?

Giuff
13th Oct 2021, 14:41
I would say much before then.
The plan is for 172 airframes in the air by the end of 2022.

JOE MAXY
13th Oct 2021, 16:49
1. Any bond for rated guys?

2. And when you get allocated to a base I presume you are not base frozen ?( unless you requested that base in the 1st place)

Giuff
13th Oct 2021, 18:08
1. No
2. Normally 1 year but anybody can apply for base transfer from line release

Expect great expansion therefore some time at initial base

Toastal
13th Oct 2021, 19:46
Any idea when this mob are going to touch base with the real world and stop trying to recruit NASA Astronauts? It’s amazing how a once bottom feeder loco has risen to the top of the cess pit. They’re delusional with their selection procedure and now have to recruit those they rudely refused via a U.K. Agency (IAGO) just so that they can get bums on seats. The tide will turn next year for flight crew. Wizz UK need to grow a pair and recruit their own staff to crew their aircraft!

Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP
13th Oct 2021, 23:23
The chickens will be coming home to roost in aviation this winter. So many people have retired early or fallen out of love with flying because of their treatment by their employers. Very few youngsters in training. My guess is the pilot headcount in the UK is down by 10-15%. Every part of the economy is suffering a skills shortage and aviation will soon be a part of that. The smart airlines will offer decent money and early start dates for 2022 if they don't want to see their shiny frames parked up. I reckon the likes of Titan will be ready to clean up next year.

Ronipilot
14th Oct 2021, 08:47
For those who asked about specifics of the assessment, I was recently in one of the DEC events; expect a 33% pass rate.
day 1 company presentation, 60 minutes technical test (multiple choice about a320 systems and EASA regulations) , role-play, and personal interview (only technical questions, systems, weather, scenarios)
day 2 simulator and psychometrics
simulator was intense they have many different scenarios they basically want to see CRM , crew work, following procedures and some hand-flying.

salary back to normal (45k base/year, 0.062/km, 30/landing)
good luck to all.

Giuff
14th Oct 2021, 09:24
Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP

I don't know about UK, for what i see in Europe and ME, there are still thousands of pilots unemployed.
FZ opened positions for 3 days and received tons of applications.
TCs will remain the same for longer in my opinion.
None of my friends in their 50's are retiring.

Airone2977
14th Oct 2021, 09:43
In Europe situation is bad, but definitely better than last year. However, a lot of seasonnal contract are coming to an end nowadays, adding experience crews back to the job market.

JOE MAXY
15th Oct 2021, 13:55
Ronipilot

Did you get a start date or notification of available bases yet?

0VJs
26th Oct 2021, 12:11
Not yet. For all those who passed the assessment as NTR crew, how much time passed between the confirmation of successful assessment and the job offer?

Direct DIKRO
26th Oct 2021, 22:08
Has anyone been allocated a UK base recently?

TBSC
29th Oct 2021, 15:12
Ho hum.
Wizz Air executive sacked after his secret share-dealing is revealed | Business | The Times (https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wizz-air-executive-sacked-after-his-secret-share-dealing-is-revealed-v0d7lq9kp)

Pearlharbour
30th Oct 2021, 21:11
This people are flying 11% more than prepandemic last week with less pilots.

The maths tells me that something is running to the limit. Maybe squeezing their pilots to the limit? And we are in winter.

and they continue playing with assestments, looking for the excellence of their candidates, for me is quite quite clear what is gonna happen from March and ahead. They are not prepared, they have their crews exhausted in low session already, and they are already late training crews for next year. Slow recruitment, slow training... perfect combination to make a disaster soon.

Just look what happened to Southwest of American Airlines today. And we are speaking about good companies that treat and pay pilots with respect.

the pool of unemployed experienced pilots is drying little by little and you cannot run a company just contracting 80% of cadets.

Who knows maybe this strategy it works. But for a company with such wishes of expansion they should be preparing people like crazy and they are just playing with people and nice proffesional pilots. “Today I want you, tomorrow maybe not and the day after I don’t know”.

continue like this Wizzair. Making your reputation a mess in between the pilots community. You are doing everyday better!

TorqueStripe
31st Oct 2021, 09:30
I am assuming that number is the week over week comparison from the Eurocontrol feed. Keep in mind last year daylight savings time ended a week earlier than this year, so that number is comparing winter schedule last year to summer schedule this year.
The only pilots probably flying anywhere near their limits until December will be trainers.

Pearlharbour
31st Oct 2021, 10:20
No, I just double checked.
You can visit the official website and it states clearly the following figures.

29/10/21 ........ 654 flights
vs
29/10/19 ........ 564 flights

11.3% above 2019 levels same week on 2021. With much more less man power. God bless you next pick session...!
I leave you down here the link in case you want to analyze by yourself.

https://www.eurocontrol.int/Economics/DailyTrafficVariation-AOs.html

Let's say the truth to the people please.

TBSC
31st Oct 2021, 10:23
The occasional positive numbers in those comparison sheets are caused by the very low base (2020). They have 20% more aircraft now to fly (145 today) yet only 70-80 are flying (67 as of this very moment per FR24). They will sweat blood to fly the whole fleet (or even 70-80% of it) come holiday season.

Giuff
31st Oct 2021, 11:13
Pearlharbour

mentioning a disaster in my opinion is not really professional and what we need after the last 2 years in aviation.
Anyways, recruiting department is doing all it takes to get as many as possible onboard; the problem is that there are not enough trainers, even with external aid things run unfortunately slower.
No excellence is looked after during screenings imho, simply reliable and professional people with the right attitude. I am ex ME and i saw former colleagues coming here with the wrong attitude, they all failed. Hopefully they will fly again in the desert soon and i wish them best of luck.
Also, if you are a Captain with XXXXX hours and you cannot decode a taf or don't know a bunch of Lido symbols, well, then you have a problem, not only with Wizz Air.
If you have a level 6 on your license but during the interview you speak clearly like a level 4, again, you have a problem.
There is a false myth going on here; Wizz recruitment is not for astronauts, it is simply for well prepared pilots. If anybody come to Budapest thinking its a walk in the park simply because they arrive from a super legacy, here you have a surprise, and i saw it myself during my screening back in summer.
Things will improve, they have to, next year will be a test for all airlines. I am sure Wizz Air will continue to suck as many pilots as possible in the next months, both rated and NTR.
About reputation, we may have a crap reputation, but still i see candidates from Airlines with a "better reputation" at the screening sessions in Budapest, sweating for an interview.
Lesson one, never spit in the air, because it will come back to you.
Wizz is the only carrier actively looking for pilots, both experienced and cadet level. The others are still in survival mode. Take it as it is, a job opportunity in a dark moment. No ego allowed.
Training is well structured and aircrafts have a clean techlog most of the times.

Best of luck to all those who will give it a try.

TorqueStripe
31st Oct 2021, 16:46
Pearlharbour

Believe me, I am all for the truth.

The 29th October 2019 was also after daylight savings time ended, and under the winter schedule. Today, the first day of the winter schedule this year, there are approx. 560 flights, and that includes Wizz Air Abu Dhabi. From your own link, you can easily see that the only week in which Wizz was flying significantly more than 2019 was the last one, which is due to the delay in changing to the winter schedule as daylight savings time ends.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1794x432/capture_6e67f0719f985e3e81ce0a8425e6ecf7744d84ef.jpg

Brix
31st Oct 2021, 17:02
This is what enrages me: "the right attitude". Having flown for Wizzair some time ago and now enjoying a decent outfit uninterrupted by the pandemic I can tell the difference. The right attitude is this context means to be totally subjugated in a totalitarian, authoritarian and punishing system. They will warn you, they will threaten you and they will not support you. Instead of promoting and motivating you the trainers are waiting and actively looking for your mistakes to criticize and downgrade you. While I was there the airline did not use Airbus procedures, making the onboarding much harder. The leadership style is promoting hidden reports to be written which the affected person never gets to see. I my case HR has failed to register me in the health insurance system of the country they have decided to base me in.

If you prefer to go to work every day being afraid to get fired, go ahead. Nobody told me the truth before I joined. This outlines my experience.

SaulGoodman
31st Oct 2021, 18:55
Giuff is coming is already brainwashed in the Middle East to have “the right attitude”.

Giuff
31st Oct 2021, 19:04
You all can think whatever you want.
So far i did not see anything mentioned up here.
No brainwash received, not in the ME, not during my military career. But thats me.
If people think that Wizz is a punitive environment then dont go to the desert or, worse, to the far east.
I see a lot of things changing in here but, hey, this is my personal opinion.
We are all free to choose whats best for us.
I am not here to glorify Wizz, i am just telling the plain truth seen so far.

I won't answer to the tons of private messages received. Sorry but i do not come here often.

TBSC
31st Oct 2021, 23:00
Should we compare an EU company to the chinese or ME ones and be happy that it's (still) a bit less bad?
Let's get back to your opinion in a year or so when you will have your own experience with Wizz.

dirk85
1st Nov 2021, 02:30
How long have you been in Wizzair Giuff?
Not much by what you are writing.

TBSC
4th Nov 2021, 18:35
Half year (ending on 30 September) report is out (125 million EUR loss) therefore it's now easy to check if the company did return to 2019 capacity levels this summer:

Number of aircraft at the end of the period:
2019: 119
2021: 144

Utilisation (block hours per aircraft per day):
2019: 13.37
2021: 7.37

Total block hours
2019: 280,663
2021: 189,572

Revenue departures
2019: 117,460
2021: 80,488

Average departures per day per aircraft
2019: 5.6
2021: 3.13

Seat capacity
2019: 23,362,404
2021: 16,587,843

It did not. Neither in actual numbers nor in relative figures (considering the fleet growth).

TorqueStripe
4th Nov 2021, 18:54
You forgot to mention that according to their presentation, they are back to 2019 staffing levels, and 70% of people let go decided to return.
So suddenly we're down to the same amount of staff working way less... Go figure;-)

j.nips
16th Nov 2021, 03:59
I wish they'd recall all of those who were let go last year but that is not the fact. A handful of the 265 were called back and yes not everyone decided to return. On the other hand many were still not called back and won't, even if they'd like to and indicated so. Blacklists, redlists, etc. still exist. Major problem IMHO. Despicable to say the least.

FlightDetent
16th Nov 2021, 10:00
[

Is there really a plan to reduce the fleet? Otherwise: 144/119*280.663 = 340.000 blh, a possibility to increase (380/190 -1)*100[%] = 80 % over the present levels.

Does that suggest a strong gamble with the investors' money for a market re-shape, or expansion into new territory? Which one then. UK has now the means to protect and build their own industry, Germany is well taken. Turkey covered and North has its own entrepreneurs + actual employment laws. Same cost/accessibility issue in France. Don't think there are any large gains possible in Spain and Italy against EZY, RYR and IAG.

There's good growth for the CEE region, but they also have geographical borders. WZZ is already 2x the size of what it actually operates this year.

TBSC
16th Nov 2021, 21:57
The talking point of the management is "Wizz 500" these days, the "W300" thingy did not last long. Smoke in the mirror, no one will remember them (just like the earlier unfullfilled fleet plans) in 5-10 years.
The big scale (or any scale) market consolidation they expected and kept mentioning for years now did not happen (not even because of covid). The move to west is more or less limited to Italy/Vienna/the UK and already failed in some markets (like Norway, Dortmund, Frankfurt and Salzburg). Abu Dhabi is still quite a small scale operation despite all the hype they try to create. They do not seem to fare any better than the average EU operator during the pandemic, at least 30% of their fleet is still grounded, the re-starting date of several flights are being pushed back repeatedly. Quite a sum was lost on fuel hedging in a few years back, they stopped it, quess what now with the fuel price going up and up... The latest mantra is sustainability and being green which is a blue joke for anyone even remotely familiar with their operation.

Banana Joe
22nd Nov 2021, 08:35
Are they still offering floating contracts?

Newcomer2
24th Nov 2021, 07:46
Not sure if true but you would have to be pretty dumb to refuse a concrete job offer at Enter for a potential one in Wizz. Especially when you see how many fail the selection process.
And yes the company needs pilots, growing by 50% in the next few months

dirk85
24th Nov 2021, 09:21
Banana Joe

They haven't done that in years as far as I know, and all the floaters were assigned a fixed base

TBSC
28th Nov 2021, 16:04
Several cuts accross the schedule until the end of the winter season. Not enough demand, not enough crew, the only way ahead.

MCT SET
30th Nov 2021, 18:42
Any updates with the situation at Wizz ?

Giuff
30th Nov 2021, 19:59
Flying a lot some bases, other less.
Winter + covid wave won't help much. As for the rest, business as usual.

FlyHigh737
6th Dec 2021, 23:59
Hi guys,

Is anyone here who is attending the assessment this week, because it would be a great help if you could tell us something about the computer based technical quiz.

I look forward to hearing from you,

All the best!

TBSC
9th Dec 2021, 16:35
Several cuts accross the schedule until the end of the winter season. Not enough demand, not enough crew, the only way ahead.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1020x1980/image_8f88a7a7_0037_474c_a145_be366b0aad3b20211209_182737_b4 d9caf98a301b26cd03bbad0e55c2ff7ea29f2c.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1020x1980/image_992e69a6_b5ce_4ed5_b6f2_c2516d69921c20211209_182741_ec ef7d74f3461c6232e7992a608cf274edb921aa.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1020x1980/image_f2603290_42e8_4f4f_847e_f99e1a981d9220211209_182743_c4 8b11ee78fcd1f6fc4d8a967cc14f29c2201ad6.jpg

FlyingBBander
11th Dec 2021, 10:05
Hi everyone,

has anyone heard anything lately about the Wizz Air recruitment?
And if they are hiring NTR FO’s?
I hope someone can elaborate.

Have good weekend all

MCT SET
14th Dec 2021, 13:36
Hello guys, just a quick question for anyone who is wizz and knows the situation. Are confair or contracted pilots paid the country multiplier or is just for people with local contracts employed by wizzair directly.

jadrolinija
14th Dec 2021, 15:28
Hello guys, just a quick question for anyone who is wizz and knows the situation. Are confair or contracted pilots paid the country multiplier or is just for people with local contracts employed by wizzair directly.
​​​​​​It's just for local contracts. That's why it's called country multiplier...

Potatos_69
14th Dec 2021, 16:38
one or 2 of the countries confair gets the multiplier, although those countries multi is only 1.1.... Moldova for example

TBSC
15th Dec 2021, 16:12
Investors challenge budget airline Wizz Air over labour rights | Reuters (https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/investors-challenge-budget-airline-wizz-air-over-labour-rights-2021-12-15/)

aviationvictim
15th Dec 2021, 17:45
Investors challenge budget airline Wizz Air over labour rights | Reuters (https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/investors-challenge-budget-airline-wizz-air-over-labour-rights-2021-12-15/)

about f…g time.

Superpilot
16th Dec 2021, 06:34
Wise investors who know and understand that a happy and committed workforce is a company's best asset. Just look to the US. Heavily unionised and still making major profit.

MCT SET
16th Dec 2021, 12:57
My take that the management will hold off and let the investors go. It will send the stock price falling of course and doesn’t make a good start for CEO bonus which is linked to share price. But I believe they will prioritise non unionised labour over share price.

Potatos_69
16th Dec 2021, 14:23
My take that the management will hold off and let the investors go. It will send the stock price falling of course and doesn’t make a good start for CEO bonus which is linked to share price. But I believe they will prioritise non unionised labour over share price.

They will start to lose their workforce once things improve and other options open up...

Wizzair 500 relies on having the staff for 500 acft, pretty sure they currently have 150 something aircraft with crews for maybe 100-110 and the office infrastructure for 50.

TBSC
17th Dec 2021, 13:46
Bingo .

TBSC
17th Dec 2021, 20:10
Wizz Air says the majority of investors support the company’s strategy (airportal-hu.translate.goog) (https://airportal-hu.translate.goog/a-wizz-air-szerint-a-befektetok-tobbsege-tamogatja-a-ceg-strategiajat/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=hu)

Potatos_69
19th Dec 2021, 12:01
Wizz Air says the majority of investors support the company’s strategy (airportal-hu.translate.goog) (https://airportal-hu.translate.goog/a-wizz-air-szerint-a-befektetok-tobbsege-tamogatja-a-ceg-strategiajat/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=hu)

a people council that does something? Oh my sides that’s rich…

booze
20th Dec 2021, 03:44
People's Council is a joke. For those with Stockholm syndrome it's a union or so they believe.

Potatos_69
22nd Dec 2021, 11:01
Wizz has somehow managed to get a bunch of the Norwegian slots. so expecting 5 WUK acft in gatwick in summer plus additional inbound routes from WAH.

B77F
22nd Dec 2021, 15:57
Are they really short of pilots? What are the T&C for new FO hires? Do they still offer italian bases to nationals?

FlightDetent
22nd Dec 2021, 22:56
Overstocked with airframes is another way to put it.

Then trying to paint that as a virtue by designing future growth targets for which the current state is a necessity.

Giuff
23rd Dec 2021, 06:57
Are they really short of pilots? What are the T&C for new FO hires? Do they still offer italian bases to nationals?

Extremely briefly:

1. yes
2. depends on the experience (rating yes/no - hours on type)
3. happened recently, with very experienced new joiners (they already left) but not initially in normal conditions

misteredin2
23rd Dec 2021, 16:48
Hello everybody.
I am, like many others, waiting to be invited for an assessment (fATPL, nTR).
What I’m about to write here is what my friend has told me. He applied in winter last year and was contacted end of November. He was offered two dates to choose, the latest being two weeks away.
The assessment is divided in 4 sections, over the course of 2 days.
The first day you start with a theoretical assessment (60 questions in 60 minutes, ATPL general knowledge, general Math, Wizzair info like fleet size orders and so on) on which the pass mark is 70%.
After this he had an interview, mostly on Air Law and Operational Procedures (he made examples like “when is an Alternate airport not required”, “what is the distance between runway edge lights”, “what is the minima for a CAT II ILS”) which he found rather difficult.
The next day he had a sim session and a psychometric assessment, which he judged pretty easy. The sim consisted of a straight departure, some basic airwork and an approach (MXP, AMS or MAN).
T&C’s: the type rating is fully sponsored. You have the option to pay for it upfront (14000EUR). Should you decide to not pay for your type you are deducted 400EUR/month for 4 years and they will be earning little money out of it (19200EUR). You will receive 1000EUR per month during ground training. After 4 years of employment you are entitled a Loyalty Bonus of 7000EUR.
There seems to be a package you can buy on Latestpilotjobs.com where you can prepare for the wizzair assessment.
Hope this is useful to all of us.
Should anybody have First Hand Experience on this, welcome to add more information.

Whitemonk Returns
25th Dec 2021, 19:04
Just seen an article on Wizzairs exciting new flight from LGW to the Greek Islands departing at 2200 and getting back at 0700.... If you are willing to operate those hours for the pay at Wizzair to be based out of London you are a fool.

Whitemonk Returns
25th Dec 2021, 19:08
Hello everybody.
I am, like many others, waiting to be invited for an assessment (fATPL, nTR).
What I’m about to write here is what my friend has told me. He applied in winter last year and was contacted end of November. He was offered two dates to choose, the latest being two weeks away.
The assessment is divided in 4 sections, over the course of 2 days.
The first day you start with a theoretical assessment (60 questions in 60 minutes, ATPL general knowledge, general Math, Wizzair info like fleet size orders and so on) on which the pass mark is 70%.
After this he had an interview, mostly on Air Law and Operational Procedures (he made examples like “when is an Alternate airport not required”, “what is the distance between runway edge lights”, “what is the minima for a CAT II ILS”) which he found rather difficult.
The next day he had a sim session and a psychometric assessment, which he judged pretty easy. The sim consisted of a straight departure, some basic airwork and an approach (MXP, AMS or MAN).
T&C’s: the type rating is fully sponsored. You have the option to pay for it upfront (14000EUR). Should you decide to not pay for your type you are deducted 400EUR/month for 4 years and they will be earning little money out of it (19200EUR). You will receive 1000EUR per month during ground training. After 4 years of employment you are entitled a Loyalty Bonus of 7000EUR.
There seems to be a package you can buy on Latestpilotjobs.com where you can prepare for the wizzair assessment.
Hope this is useful to all of us.
Should anybody have First Hand Experience on this, welcome to add more information.

What the hell are you talking about they are earning little money out of your TR, 19000 for a course that costs 14000 is a return on investment of over 35%, no wonder you are applying to these idiots

Potatos_69
25th Dec 2021, 19:24
What the hell are you talking about they are earning little money out of your TR, 19000 for a course that costs 14000 is a return on investment of over 35%, no wonder you are applying to these idiots

I think the correct term is the type rating is a 15000 euro bond, they deduct it at approx 416e per month for 3 years. at the end of the third year you get half back before tax as a payment if you stick it out that long.

Arrowhead
28th Dec 2021, 09:36
Can anyone already there tell me what the Captain pay is for UK base per month/year, either before/after tax and NICs? Thanks

Vulka
28th Dec 2021, 13:57
Approximately 7500€ the net cost for type!

Potatos_69
28th Dec 2021, 15:53
Can anyone already there tell me what the Captain pay is for UK base per month/year, either before/after tax and NICs? Thanks
the information is on ppjn

OBK!
28th Dec 2021, 18:08
Just seen an article on Wizzairs exciting new flight from LGW to the Greek Islands departing at 2200 and getting back at 0700.... If you are willing to operate those hours for the pay at Wizzair to be based out of London you are a fool.

Agreed. I’m waiting out on nights at Asda until I get the perfect flying job offered to me. Fools.

A320LGW
4th Jan 2022, 13:51
I received an email early December to renew my 2021 application in preparation for 2022 hiring. I renewed it last week.

I am a UK citizen with an EASA license, type rated on a turboprop with 200hrs on type.

Any idea if/when they'll start calling people? I got overlooked last year

Banana Joe
4th Jan 2022, 15:51
A friend applied on 30th December and received an invitation yesterday. Assessment in one month's time.

misteredin2
4th Jan 2022, 19:20
A friend applied on 30th December and received an invitation yesterday. Assessment in one month's time.
what’s his experience?

A320LGW
4th Jan 2022, 20:56
Was this for Wizz UK? I applied to them

Airone2977
5th Jan 2022, 08:31
I've also been invited, several dates available from mid january to end of february.
Applied on december 21 as well.
NTR, but CS25 rated with couples of hundred hours on type.

A320LGW
5th Jan 2022, 08:45
Guess I should have applied sooner :ugh:

Banana Joe
5th Jan 2022, 09:18
what’s his experience?
Around 1000 hrs on CS-25 type.

apj
5th Jan 2022, 11:31
I applied start December and just got an invite, I'm NTR with 2K hours on piston...

B77F
5th Jan 2022, 12:29
Do they offer italian bases for NTR and low hours on CS25, if they are italian nationals?
If so, what's the average salary for SO/FO to be expected in Italy ? And how many hours per month?

Pegasus17
5th Jan 2022, 14:13
So, given the flight hours mentioned above, it seems like most of the NTR candidates who have been invited to an Assessment Day are individuals who have probably applied for the "FO - NTR - Experienced" opening (correct me if I'm wrong).

Any news regarding the "FO - NTR - Cadet Level" candidates? (i.e. recent flight school graduates, low amount of total flight hours but within their requirements)

Originally applied in October (2021), applied again in December after receiving an email prompting us to update the application for the 2022 recruitment period, but the status still reads "we are currently reviewing all applications".

Giuff
5th Jan 2022, 15:57
Do they offer italian bases for NTR and low hours on CS25, if they are italian nationals?
If so, what's the average salary for SO/FO to be expected in Italy ? And how many hours per month?

I have replied to you on this before up here.
Anyway, bases are assigned on a random basis. Do expect an eastern Europe base at the beginning.
There are no SO in W6, only FO and SFOs.
Lots of hours in summer, less in winter.
Money varies according to the local contract.

Best of luck to those invited.

B77F
5th Jan 2022, 16:28
I have replied to you on this before up here.
Anyway, bases are assigned on a random basis. Do expect an eastern Europe base at the beginning.
There are no SO in W6, only FO and SFOs.
Lots of hours in summer, less in winter.
Money varies according to the local contract.

Best of luck to those invited.

How do you qualify as FO? I have experience on CS25. Am I considered as SO if I am not rated? Thanks

Shugush
5th Jan 2022, 20:35
Guys, what page you gonna use to prepare for Wizz interview?

Giuff
6th Jan 2022, 06:53
How do you qualify as FO? I have experience on CS25. Am I considered as SO if I am not rated? Thanks

You would be considered Airbus inexperienced FO.
Benchmarks are 0 to 500 to 1500 hrs on type (FO) and over 1500 hrs on type (SFO).
FO and SFO have separate payscales.

Banana Joe
6th Jan 2022, 07:43
Is it 1500 hours on type to qualify as SFO or do previous CS-25 hours count in the grand scheme of things?
I know they factorise hours out of Wizz.

Giuff
6th Jan 2022, 07:54
[QUOTE=Banana Joe;11165996]Is it 1500 hours on type to qualify as SFO or do previous CS-25 hours count in the grand scheme of things?
I know they factorise hours out of Wizz.[/

Total time on multi engine jet >60 tons are counted towards the assignment of the FO/SFO position.
0.8 or 0.7 depending on the type of operations.
Up to 1500 hrs Airbus fbw Company operational limitations stand.

santacruz
6th Jan 2022, 08:21
Hey guys, any chance of a UK base if applying as DEC?

How is the terms and conditions in the UK bases?

TIA!

captain.weird
6th Jan 2022, 13:45
What are the upgrade terms? Is there any fasttrack?

TorqueStripe
6th Jan 2022, 18:36
[QUOTE=Banana Joe;11165996]Is it 1500 hours on type to qualify as SFO or do previous CS-25 hours count in the grand scheme of things?
I know they factorise hours out of Wizz.[/

Total time on multi engine jet >60 tons are counted towards the assignment of the FO/SFO position.
0.8 or 0.7 depending on the type of operations.
Up to 1500 hrs Airbus fbw Company operational limitations stand.

Pretty sure it's 1500 hours according to their factorization rules in general. You can join as SFO with no experience >60 tons.

Giuff
6th Jan 2022, 18:39
[QUOTE=Giuff;11166003]

Pretty sure it's 1500 hours according to their factorization rules. You can join as SFO with no experience >60 tons.

You need to have minimim 1500 factorized hrs in an airline to enter as SFO. You are right. 1500 hrs are for the internal limitations.

TorqueStripe
6th Jan 2022, 20:18
You need to have minimim 1500 factorized hrs in an airline to enter as SFO. You are right. 1500 hrs are for the internal limitations.

Again, i don't think it has to be in an airline.
Fast jet pilots, corporate pilots, helicopter pilots... All with different factors, but if a few thousand hours in those multiplied by .3/.5/.7 whatever gets you above 1500, you join as SFO.

Newcomer2
6th Jan 2022, 22:50
Hey guys, any chance of a UK base if applying as DEC?

TIA!

Right now big expansion at Gatwick and they don't have enough captains willing to go there.
No idea about the conditions.

Giuff
7th Jan 2022, 04:42
Again, i don't think it has to be in an airline.
Fast jet pilots, corporate pilots, helicopter pilots... All with different factors, but if a few thousand hours in those multiplied by .3/.5/.7 whatever gets you above 1500, you join as SFO.

Airline multi engine, non airline multi engine and military fast jet considered. Multi pilot choppers 0.5.
Factors range from 1.0 to 0.2.

best of luck to all.

santacruz
7th Jan 2022, 06:55
Right now big expansion at Gatwick and they don't have enough captains willing to go there.
No idea about the conditions.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the ppjn figures are correct? Very low basic salary but reasonable flight pay on top?

Seems like a very low basic salary for living in London area.

(Ppjn wizzair Uk contract)

kendrick47247
7th Jan 2022, 07:47
Thanks!

Does anyone know if the ppjn figures are correct? Very low basic salary but reasonable flight pay on top?

Seems like a very low basic salary for living in London area.

(Ppjn wizzair Uk contract)

Its an awful salary, hence why they are struggling to attract people, even with the glut of pilots available

santacruz
7th Jan 2022, 07:53
Its an awful salary, hence why they are struggling to attract people, even with the glut of pilots available

Yes you are going to struggle to get a mortgage with that basic salary. Rent is ridiculous and you hardly want to rely on flight/sector pay to pay your rent!

Is there any official source of the salary numbers or only whats written on ppjn?

Potatos_69
9th Jan 2022, 15:35
Yes you are going to struggle to get a mortgage with that basic salary. Rent is ridiculous and you hardly want to rely on flight/sector pay to pay your rent!

Is there any official source of the salary numbers or only whats written on ppjn?

last time i checked ppjn looked fairly accurate.

the salary is crap. which is why they are losing staff

Giuff
9th Jan 2022, 15:42
last time i checked ppjn looked fairly accurate.

the salary is crap. which is why they are losing staff

Losing staff? To go where? Tell me.
Salary is crap, i do agree. But Wizz are not losing staff.
We are still in the middle of a pandemic. Its a long way to go.

aviationvictim
9th Jan 2022, 16:57
Losing staff? To go where? Tell me.
Salary is crap, i do agree. But Wizz are not losing staff.
We are still in the middle of a pandemic. Its a long way to go.

quite a lot are leaving the industry. It’s becoming clear that the job is nowhere near what was expected and lucky for some they have other qualifications.
Apart from that Wizz T&Cs will never enough to counter balance hostile rosters, no leave with the family, fatigue-long and short term, the constant checking, the real risk of losing everything due to a medical condition, commuting and spending half your life in a shared apartment on FaceTime with your kids and the increasingly hostile working environment that is ultra low cost. Please feel free to add to the list.
Wizz will always have a big turn-over. It is the absolute bottom of the industry so you can really only move upwards.
As long as there is a long list of people that knowingly go out and spend 120.000 on the prospect of working for this outfit they will be successful. My hope is that the young and hopeful read this forum and maybe give the idea of aviation another think before committing.

Giuff
9th Jan 2022, 17:46
quite a lot are leaving the industry. It’s becoming clear that the job is nowhere near what was expected and lucky for some they have other qualifications.
Apart from that Wizz T&Cs will never enough to counter balance hostile rosters, no leave with the family, fatigue-long and short term, the constant checking, the real risk of losing everything due to a medical condition, commuting and spending half your life in a shared apartment on FaceTime with your kids and the increasingly hostile working environment that is ultra low cost. Please feel free to add to the list.
Wizz will always have a big turn-over. It is the absolute bottom of the industry so you can really only move upwards.
As long as there is a long list of people that knowingly go out and spend 120.000 on the prospect of working for this outfit they will be successful. My hope is that the young and hopeful read this forum and maybe give the idea of aviation another think before committing.

Tons of experienced drivers from ME and far east joined recently. You need an update mate.
Wishful thinking is one thing, reality is another.
There are no jobs outside.
As for the young rich wannabees, they have always been there. Even during happy times.

aviationvictim
9th Jan 2022, 18:00
Tons of experienced drivers from ME and far east joined recently. You need an update mate.
Wishful thinking is one thing, reality is another.
There are no jobs outside.
As for the young rich wannabees, they have always been there. Even during happy times.

I have no doubt experienced guys from the ME joined Wizz. After all they were thrown out from one day to the next with zero compensation from companies with similar management styles of Wizz.

They will also be the first to leave again of course.

Wizz are taking advantage of a very unique situation due to covid and other companies will be forced to follow if it continues. The only hope for the rest of us is a quick return to normalcy and maybe a Wizz workforce that will be able to/willing to organise themselves.

TBSC
9th Jan 2022, 18:24
Tons of experienced drivers from ME and far east joined recently.
They did already a few years back. Even made it to the management. Turned out to be a real success.

Giuff
9th Jan 2022, 18:25
I have no doubt experienced guys from the ME joined Wizz. After all they were thrown out from one day to the next with zero compensation from companies with similar management styles of Wizz.

They will also be the first to leave again of course.

Wizz are taking advantage of a very unique situation due to covid and other companies will be forced to follow if it continues. The only hope for the rest of us is a quick return to normalcy and maybe a Wizz workforce that will be able to/willing to organise themselves.

I agree, unfortunately we still have a long way to go to see some kind of normality.
Until then, survival game.

Giuff
9th Jan 2022, 18:28
They did already a few years back. Even made it to the management. Turned out to be a real success.

You forget one detail: few years back we did not have a pandemic.
Enough said.

TBSC
9th Jan 2022, 18:32
It would be bad even without the pandemic. It can be used as an excuse for some time but sooner or later you will see their real nature. Just a question of time. It was never about the lack of good pilots but everything else.

kcar
10th Jan 2022, 08:55
What's the deal for NTR DEC in general?
Any bond?
Deductions?
For UK base, would they sponsor a Visa for non-UK residents?

Any general info is highly appreciated.
Cheers

turbine100
14th Jan 2022, 14:19
Many people have, or are leaving aviation for previous or new professions. Flying offers such low salaries with no benefits. Some people have gone part-time flying with a second career or business.

It's perhaps time for people start to decline these interviews or job offers with Wizz, others and perhaps find something else that pays better with benefits like retirement in the mean time.

I would not recommend to anyone to spend the 120K on initial training and now some have to choose a U.K or EASA license ...

Joe le Taxi
14th Jan 2022, 15:40
I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment, but can someone be a bit specific? Fag packet calculations for the pay all in; wizz UK look similar to easyJet (although it lacks the profit share/loyalty bonus), but in is favour, the charge for a rating doesnt take the **** like eJ does.

FlightDetent
14th Jan 2022, 16:41
WZZ always had a very fair TR scheme, somehow exposing the robbery happening elsewhere.

But it's not for charitable reasons. As well, to match the pilot market and UK living costs in absolute numbers, they do need to make the figures look relatable.

Of course the free-lunch phase ends right there. What follows has
- no union
- no working FRMS
- top-down approach to safety and HF
- no part-times
- no pension fund
- noticeably more demanding scheduling
- no favourable base transfers (out of North London area for a Brit, just do not exist)
- upgrade prospects only with a very far away placement

For the same work, responsibility and identical demand on professionalism.

Death by a thousand cuts or (90%)^8 = 43%, I can spin the numbers too.

dirk85
14th Jan 2022, 17:56
I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment, but can someone be a bit specific? Fag packet calculations for the pay all in; wizz UK look similar to easyJet (although it lacks the profit share/loyalty bonus), but in is favour, the charge for a rating doesnt take the **** like eJ does.

The basic salary in ezy is significantly higher. And that’s just part of the equation

Joe le Taxi
14th Jan 2022, 18:07
Basic salary is irrelevant. Different companies slice it different ways, some more in basic, some more in flying pay. I'm interested in a captains P60 gross, for let's say 800 hours. My calcs were supported by an ex colleague who seemed to have reasonable pay at wizz (albeit several years ago). But no pension? I didn't realise that. And if the fixed roster is no more, then forget it.

aviationvictim
14th Jan 2022, 19:07
Basic salary is irrelevant. Different companies slice it different ways, some more in basic, some more in flying pay. I'm interested in a captains P60 gross, for let's say 800 hours. My calcs were supported by an ex colleague who seemed to have reasonable pay at wizz (albeit several years ago). But no pension? I didn't realise that. And if the fixed roster is no more, then forget it.

basic salary is very relevant. It for some reason you’re not able to run 800 hours a year you’d be significantly disadvantaged. As you get older you’ll realise it’s not for lack of good intentions you might be struggling to fly those numbers.
Ezy have fought to maintain a good basic salary which makes it’s a far superior contract to Wizz. On top of that someone made a nice list of why Ezy is the employer of choice. Try and see if someone here is willing to post some roster examples of how Wizz roster. That might help with the comparison.

Joe le Taxi
14th Jan 2022, 19:26
I know the package at easyJet very well, and I think it's overrated, especially for NTRDEC yr0. I did a very careful analysis and spoke to some eJ captains before declining it. Hell, even the roster you mention is beaten by Ryanair's 5/4. Yes, j2 did particularly well through covid with a good basic and deal, I'll grant you. But about Wizzair I know little - I had one report on the grapevine, (mildly positive but pre covid), though I suspect I'm better off where I am, even though I don't like it very much. Or join the great resignation mentioned above - I've pretty much had enough (I am old)!

aviationvictim
14th Jan 2022, 20:45
I know the package at easyJet very well, and I think it's overrated, especially for NTRDEC yr0. I did a very careful analysis and spoke to some eJ captains before declining it. Hell, even the roster you mention is beaten by Ryanair's 5/4. Yes, j2 did particularly well through covid with a good basic and deal, I'll grant you. But about Wizzair I know little - I had one report on the grapevine, (mildly positive but pre covid), though I suspect I'm better off where I am, even though I don't like it very much. Or join the great resignation mentioned above - I've pretty much had enough (I am old)!

Tbh Joe I think it’s increasingly difficult to find a good contract in the south that has adjusted to the cost of living over the last 15 years. It’s not what it used to be that’s for sure..
good luck with your search

FlightDetent
15th Jan 2022, 00:13
Ain't it sad nobody needs to mention BA LGW DEC.

Even small salary differences can add to quite a lot. E.g. 8000 vs. 7200 net is only 10% less, not critical on the first glance.

But asumme fixed QoL costs of 4000: the lower paid job has saving potential of 3200. To match the missing 800 the difference is +25% which is well worth thinking about.
​​​​​
And if the better paying does with a higher basic to help bridge sickness and other rainy days (plus any pension contributions on top)...

Sure, for NTR within the first 3 or 5 years the total cashflow cannot be overlooked. And WZZ training delivers well.
​​
​​​​​​

manflexsrsrwy
15th Jan 2022, 12:17
The BA LGW DEC turned down more applicants than it took in, as far as I know it turned down the majority of candidates, who are very experience, british nationals and have or are in the process of getting their UK national licences back. That job isn't what it appears, I don't even thing they will begin operations at all.

RexBanner
15th Jan 2022, 13:19
Non Wizz related but referring to manflexsrsrwy’s post above there was an email update from the BACC yesterday. They’ve been able to crew most of it with internal bidders, CRS and the PRP meaning and I quote “external DEC recruitment will be minimal”.

FlightDetent
15th Jan 2022, 14:21
Appreciate the insight, cheers.

Shugush
15th Jan 2022, 15:21
Anyone going for the interview in Feb, any feedback?

BAreject
15th Jan 2022, 17:08
I find it hilarious that any comparison is being made at all between Ezy and Wizz. Light years apart.

dirk85
15th Jan 2022, 23:11
I find it hilarious that any comparison is being made at all between Ezy and Wizz. Light years apart.

Having worked years in both, I could not agree more.

Joe le Taxi
16th Jan 2022, 09:10
Thanks everyone. I've tended to enjoy companies which people love to hate, and hated the flying jobs which are regarded as the most desirable ... However, on pprune, with most airlines there's a spectrum of opinions, but on Wizzair, opinion seems unanimous (albeit still rather vague). I'll give it a swerve.

flyingforfood
21st Jan 2022, 14:07
Hi all there i was invite to an assessment on February 22nd, im worried because i have a latin american passport and i dont know if they can consider this for some AOC i also send mail clarifying this but actually i dont get any answerd.
is there someon in same case?

Nikker
21st Jan 2022, 16:56
Hi all there i was invite to an assessment on February 22nd, im worried because i have a latin american passport and i dont know if they can consider this for some AOC i also send mail clarifying this but actually i dont get any answerd.
is there someon in same case?

It clearly says on application page that applicant must have:

Unrestricted right to live and work in the EU or Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, North Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom

Jetliner737
22nd Jan 2022, 12:49
Hi. Would you be kind and tell which position have you applied for? Experienced or low-hours? Thanks.

flyingdaddy
22nd Jan 2022, 22:12
Hi all,
I applied for TR FO position in the UK.
Is there anyone at the same process? Would like to learn how long it took to receive the invitation and if the assessments are in the UK or Budapest.
Cheers!

flyingforfood
25th Jan 2022, 09:34
yeah I know but maybe they where giving some kind ok sponsored visas, because I don't understand if it was a mistake from their part or they actually can consider other country for the application

flyingforfood
25th Jan 2022, 09:34
hope so I have send them and email in order to confirm this but still waiting.

Alrosa
25th Jan 2022, 10:45
yeah I know but maybe they where giving some kind ok sponsored visas, because I don't understand if it was a mistake from their part or they actually can consider other country for the application

I don’t know of any EU or U.K. airlines that will sponsor work visas and residence permits for non U.K. or EU citizens. Have you considered the Middle East ?

randon
25th Jan 2022, 13:27
I don’t know of any EU or U.K. airlines that will sponsor work visas and residence permits for non U.K. or EU citizens. Have you considered the Middle East ?
Ryanair did that dozens of times when they needed...

Jonnyknoxville
25th Jan 2022, 14:10
Ryanair did that dozens of times when they needed...
no they didn’t , they gave people (thru the IAA) validations of foreign licences for a year until they passed their exams - but they all had the right to live and work in the EU

randon
25th Jan 2022, 17:29
no they didn’t , they gave people (thru the IAA) validations of foreign licences for a year until they passed their exams - but they all had the right to live and work in the EU
Yes they did. Plenty of pilots, mainly from south america, received a visa in the UK as well in Ireland, besides the IAA validation for 1,5 years. Visas were given only for Captains due wage restrictions rules for lower salaries.

aviationvictim
25th Jan 2022, 19:15
Yes they did. Plenty of pilots, mainly from south america, received a visa in the UK as well in Ireland, besides the IAA validation for 1,5 years. Visas were given only for Captains due wage restrictions rules for lower salaries.

well I suppose Wizz won’t be getting visas for anyone then😄🤦‍♂️

gecko21
30th Jan 2022, 11:04
Hi, anyone knows what kind of sim to expect if you are a non type rated direct entry captain? Thanks for any info

Bruno22
31st Jan 2022, 10:51
Hello, how realistic or rather unrealistic is it for a cadet pilot to be assigned Vienna base? What is the usual waiting time for this base?
Thanks in advance.

PilotLZ
1st Feb 2022, 05:57
Hello, how realistic or rather unrealistic is it for a cadet pilot to be assigned Vienna base? What is the usual waiting time for this base?
Thanks in advance.
From what I know, forget about it for a few years. BUD, VIE, WAW and LCA are in high demand and the waiting list is long. Italy, Bosnia and Herzegovina or the western part of Romania are probably the geographically closest to Vienna bases which you can realistically get in the beginning.