PDA

View Full Version : Wizzair

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

flyingforfood
2nd Feb 2022, 13:58
Im going this 23 of feb dose anyone who has attend the assessment can tell me what's about the first day when they said documentation checks? its not suppose they have already check them in order to invite you or the check them there...? may I ask what they ask for?

papalovesjumbo
2nd Feb 2022, 15:13
Im going this 23 of feb dose anyone who has attend the assessment can tell me what's about the first day when they said documentation checks? its not suppose they have already check them in order to invite you or the check them there...? may I ask what they ask for?

congrats on the assesment. They usually check the originals for example if you sent your digital logbook, make sure to take your original logbook as they might want to see it.

RudderTrimZero
2nd Feb 2022, 15:16
For most of us, our digital is our original. Yes, you have to leave your passport, license and logbooks in a room for them to go through whilst you go away and have a break. Really stupid to do it like that but hey ho.

papalovesjumbo
2nd Feb 2022, 15:24
I know a guy who got refused for lack of paper logbook. It was ryr

PilotLZ
2nd Feb 2022, 16:30
Maybe they would also like to see whether your passport has any black stamps in it or anything at all which could make access to certain bases quite difficult. Border crossing policies are no joke in some places across the network.

Rick1407
4th Feb 2022, 22:01
My new logbook has only 8 pages, would be ridiculous print a logbook with only this…can I take it only in the digital format ? Any ideia?

RudderTrimZero
5th Feb 2022, 07:54
On the day I went, half were electronic, half were digital. Don't sweat about this. Save the sweat for the other parts.

cesarcrj
5th Feb 2022, 15:04
I go 23th too see you there , contact me if you want ..voy desde BCN

frequen_flyer
7th Feb 2022, 12:12
Hi, has anyone been invited to the assessment as a type rated candidate?

nicoli
7th Feb 2022, 15:39
Any updates on the assessment at the moment ?

Are they still failing the majority of candidates and asking useless FCOM questions ?

Alloy
8th Feb 2022, 08:23
Nicoli and frequen flyer, last type rated group I’m aware of from a few weeks ago, about 2/3rds failed, A very broad range of questions apparently.

Giuff
8th Feb 2022, 08:30
Any updates on the assessment at the moment ?

Are they still failing the majority of candidates and asking useless FCOM questions ?

I honestly don't understand whats wrong in asking FCOM stuff to rated and experienced candidates.

PilotLZ
8th Feb 2022, 08:51
Nicoli and frequen flyer, last type rated group I’m aware of from a few weeks ago, about 2/3rds failed, A very broad range of questions apparently.
This assessment has been known for its average pass rate of 30% or so ever since. While some screw up the technical part, many also fail the group exercise and the HR interview. I know many highly competent and experienced A320 pilots who didn't make it because of the non-technical part.

nicoli
8th Feb 2022, 09:16
Alloy and PilotLZ
Thank you very much for the feedback
It would be nice to have a pre screening and they only invite candidates that they intend to hire.

Giuff
It’s just a personal feeling that with now the efb available, being able to know from memory part of the FCOM that is rarely used is not relevant rather than knowing where to search and find the information accurately and quickly.

dziabanek
8th Feb 2022, 11:54
Hi! Hello!
After recruiting for the job offer First Officer - Non-Type Rated - Cadet Level, I received an e-mail from Wizzair asking me to provide information about my flight experience (hours spent as a pilot, simulator, flight training, licenses).

I completed the tables in the link five times, in newest Mozilla Firefox and newest Chrome browsers, on a computer and a tablet. After completing, information about a successful saving appeared.

However, when I entered the link again, none of the data I saved appeared in the opened page (no flight hours, no license, no simulator time, nothing).

Therefore, I would like to ask, is this the correct way to display the data after it has been properly saved? Or is something not working properly?

Thank you for your help.

olski
10th Feb 2022, 11:14
dziabanek, my flight experience page is showing fine, with all hrs prefilled when I use the link they've sent. It usually takes a few moments to load, though.

Could other cadets who were invited for an interview please let us know here how long have they been waiting for Wizz response once they applied?

good luck everyone.

A320LGW
12th Feb 2022, 10:14
I have received an email that my application has been forwarded by a corporate recruiter, this is for Wizz UK Experienced Non Rated FO. Does this mean the next step is an invitation for interview?

Pilotman14
12th Feb 2022, 10:32
Mine has had the following status since the middle of Jan:
"You were forwarded as an applicant, therefore you are shortlisted on this job requisition"

Wonder if anyone has been called after this type of status

A320LGW
12th Feb 2022, 10:38
Oh I see, I've got the exact same, so it could mean little. They seem to be planning some pretty major expansion out of LGW from late March though so it could be soon

papalovesjumbo
12th Feb 2022, 20:35
Since they said +400 recruitment before summer 22. And assuming %25 of success aprox, thats +1600 invitations. I think most of the people who want in will have a shot.

Jetliner737
13th Feb 2022, 09:20
Has anyone recently got an invitation for March? Especially Cadets NTR ..

YourFlyingDutchman
14th Feb 2022, 12:36
Hello all!

Does anybody know how the process looks like from applying to getting invited?
How many stages are there in between and what kind of time is needed? In other words, should you be fully prepared when you apply or you have a couple of months if they chose to invite you?

Thank you in advance!

cbr58
14th Feb 2022, 15:38
Hi YourFlyingDutchman. When I have received the invitation I personally had a calendar with multiple dates. Every week from the one after I received the invitation to 1 month and a half after. Not sure if this is still the case, it seems from other applicants that the calendar now it's fully or almost fully booked.

TBSC
14th Feb 2022, 16:52
https://simpleflying-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/simpleflying.com/us-pilots-wizz-air/amp/

Foxtrot_Sierra
14th Feb 2022, 17:05
Mine has had the following status since the middle of Jan:
"You were forwarded as an applicant, therefore you are shortlisted on this job requisition"

Wonder if anyone has been called after this type of status

Same here! I applied as experienced F/O NTR... no particular base preference. Did someone receive an invitation for the assessment after this status? How does it work? I have that status since 13 January 2022 but still no email from them.

YourFlyingDutchman
15th Feb 2022, 07:59
Thanks for the response cbr58!

I think I will send an application soon. If any other applicant for F/O NTR has been to the process please share your experience with us ;)

Cheers

A320LGW
15th Feb 2022, 09:25
I have checked again, there is definitely no invitation to an assessment. Just a notice that my application has been forward for the requisition

cbr58
19th Feb 2022, 09:39
Anyone who might share their infos about Tirana base? Roster, salary, people, living in there? Private message will be fine too. Thanks a lot.

Kurt090
19th Feb 2022, 16:06
Hi, Pilots. Is there any information about the terms and conditions for Abu-Dhabi? Commuting roster? Salary?
Wizz keep it in secret, but I don’t want to go to Budapest, just to learn that I will get 28 days of annual leave.

Giuff
19th Feb 2022, 16:07
Hi, Pilots. Is there any information about the terms and conditions for Abu-Dhabi? Commuting roster? Salary?
Wizz keep it in secret, but I don’t want to go to Budapest, just to learn that I will get 28 days of annual leave.

Are you employed at the moment?

Kurt090
20th Feb 2022, 15:48
Are you employed at the moment?
Unfortunately, No

Nikker
20th Feb 2022, 16:10
Anyone who might share their infos about Tirana base? Roster, salary, people, living in there? Private message will be fine too. Thanks a lot.

Extremely easy to explain : Worst salary and conditions in the network. Double taxation and one of the lowest salary multipliers. SFO in other bases get same salary as CPT in TIA. Not enough CPTs so 14/7 not always guaranteed. FOs almost always get 14/7.

frankie22
21st Feb 2022, 05:17

2nd hand info, for SFO:

3500-4500 EUR (base+average flying hours)
+ 950 EUR for housing allowance

30 day annual leave
Random roster - no commuting options.

YourFlyingDutchman
23rd Feb 2022, 09:37
Hello everyone,

Saw this yesterday at Wizzair's website while applying.

Important information: Open Days for Flight Crew Candidates in Vilnius, Athens and Malta. Click for more info.
Join us on Open Days in:
22.02 Vilnius Air Inn Hotel 10:00 and 16:00 local time
02.03 Athens Novotel Athens 10:00 and 14:00 local time
04.02 Malta Radisson Blue 10:00 and 14:00 local time

Anybody that went to Vilnius yesterday and wants to share that experience?
Unfortunately there's no link to register, I guess you can just show up?

Thank you in advance!

Potatos_69
23rd Feb 2022, 10:13
Basic salary is irrelevant. Different companies slice it different ways, some more in basic, some more in flying pay. I'm interested in a captains P60 gross, for let's say 800 hours. My calcs were supported by an ex colleague who seemed to have reasonable pay at wizz (albeit several years ago). But no pension? I didn't realise that. And if the fixed roster is no more, then forget it.

Oh lord basic salary matters… You get a month in Wizz doing 1 or 2 flights only and instead of getting your expected payment you will get half or less of what you were expecting…

Wizz isn’t stable roster or flight wise at the moment, come summer you don’t have to care cos you’ll fly max hours, but come another issue you’ll be down to 2-5 flights and having a massive income shift…

If you’re looking at the UK (well the whole network) pension is always at the absolute minimum legal amount required by the country you’re based in…

Depends on region, but WUK atm is a random roster that everyone hates and no one knows when it will change back to fixed. Money is enough to get by on but honestly if any other airline would open up I would imagine every guy under 55 would be looking to switch even if it’s a ‘sideways’ move…

WUK will also have huge problems with CC come summer as maybe 1/4 to 1/3 have start dates with other companies in the coming months… which will effect flight crew incomes as flights are cancelled or handed off to wet leasing companies.

There is a reason why the company has like 1.5 stars on trust pilot and I can’t think of more than a dozen crew who I would consider happy working for the company at the moment… thankful to have a job and fly yes, but ready and looking to bail at first opportunity.

FlightDetent
23rd Feb 2022, 15:38
Just need a place to go, right?

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/480x715/wechat_image_20220224003613_5934a84cc4592c40cba662a075d09623 d7cbce9a.jpg

TBSC
24th Feb 2022, 06:44
Four aircraft were on ground in Ukraine when the war started. Hope all the Ukraine-based crew members are OK.

Potatos_69
24th Feb 2022, 13:55
Four aircraft were on ground in Ukraine when the war started. Hope all the Ukraine-based crew members are OK.

They're safe but trapped for an unknown period of time as Wizz will want to evac them using the company assets on the ground...

Safety first and this is what you get at Wizz...

SierraTangoBravo
25th Feb 2022, 12:27
They're safe but trapped for an unknown period of time as Wizz will want to evac them using the company assets on the ground...

Safety first and this is what you get at Wizz...

This is what you get having russia near your borders.

calypso
26th Feb 2022, 06:20
Safe in a war zone? ah ok

TBSC
26th Feb 2022, 07:50
Safe in a war zone? ah ok
In fairness Kyiv was not a war zone (yet) when Potatos wrote it.

Potatos_69
27th Feb 2022, 03:19
In fairness Kyiv was not a war zone (yet) when Potatos wrote it.

Crew on the ground were telling Management they needed to evac 3-4 hours before the invasion… Crew as usual were ignored.

Management failing employees again and not accepting responsibility.

Wizz could have had the aircraft and crews moved to Poland or Romania or Moldova and operated UKR flights after a short ferry each during this time… But money is more important than crew safety.

booze
1st Mar 2022, 01:30
Guess what, management in BUD looking for "volunteers" to get aircraft out of Ukraine. I hope managers, base captains and JV's other cronies are first in the line to get it done...

Nikker
1st Mar 2022, 07:36
Guess what, management in BUD looking for "volunteers" to get aircraft out of Ukraine. I hope managers, base captains and JV's other cronies are first in the line to get it done...

Here is the best part: they claim that 170 pilots volunteered to do it. Yep. One hundred seventy.

booze
1st Mar 2022, 08:43
They never learn that "do-goodism" leads to nothing in this company. Just look at how many got fired in April 2020 from the volunteers doing the China cargo flights.

TBSC
1st Mar 2022, 13:54
Why on earth would anyone risk their life to "save" a 15 years old, no sharklet, old engine, low value, vintage A320? The planet is full of stored aircraft. Wizz doesn't need the capacity either as currently there are 17 aircraft parked (which did not fly at all in the last 3 weeks per FR24) beyond the ones stuck in Ukraine. LPO/LPY/LWB/LWM/LYI/LYJ/LJA/WUKL/LTA/LTC/LXB/LXG/LXH/LXJ/LXQ/LXV/LXW.
I doubt all of them are under maintenance. Another one is being returned to the lessor, was just painted white last week (LWA). The combined value of the four aircraft is change money compared to the billions Wizz claim to have in cash. Why then? I can't see the point.

ShamrockF
2nd Mar 2022, 09:05
Why on earth would anyone risk their life to "save" a 15 years old, no sharklet, old engine, low value, vintage A320? The planet is full of stored aircraft. Wizz doesn't need the capacity either as currently there are 17 aircraft parked (which did not fly at all in the last 3 weeks per FR24) beyond the ones stuck in Ukraine. LPO/LPY/LWB/LWM/LYI/LYJ/LJA/WUKL/LTA/LTC/LXB/LXG/LXH/LXJ/LXQ/LXV/LXW.
I doubt all of them are under maintenance. Another one is being returned to the lessor, was just painted white last week (LWA). The combined value of the four aircraft is change money compared to the billions Wizz claim to have in cash. Why then? I can't see the point.

Wizz didn't get to where they are today by being so careless with their money and resources. Four aircraft are still worth millions, even if they're 15 years old.

TBSC
2nd Mar 2022, 09:55
Yet somehow they are the only foreign operator who have aircraft stuck in a war after weeks of continuous warnings.

TorqueStripe
2nd Mar 2022, 11:57
Yet somehow they are the only foreign operator who have aircraft stuck in a war after weeks of continuous warnings.

To be fair though, they are the only foreign operator that had/has bases there as well.
Much easier to cancel flights than to close down bases with local staff.

TBSC
2nd Mar 2022, 12:46
To be fair though, they are the only foreign operator that had/has bases there as well.
Much easier to cancel flights than to close down bases with local staff.
It's definitely not an easy decision but there were plenty of signs. Maybe they could have flown their aircraft (or at least some of them) out for the night as they did before Donetsk airport was attacked in 2014. That was a base too and it was shut down before something hit the fan.

A321drvr
3rd Mar 2022, 02:33
My guess would be that they simply try to avoid default on assets due to war exclusion clauses. Whatever it costs, sadly. Wzz is known for not caring about their employees.

likair
3rd Mar 2022, 15:33
Hello everyone,

Saw this yesterday at Wizzair's website while applying.

Important information: Open Days for Flight Crew Candidates in Vilnius, Athens and Malta. Click for more info.
Join us on Open Days in:
22.02 Vilnius Air Inn Hotel 10:00 and 16:00 local time
02.03 Athens Novotel Athens 10:00 and 14:00 local time
04.02 Malta Radisson Blue 10:00 and 14:00 local time

Anybody that went to Vilnius yesterday and wants to share that experience?
Unfortunately there's no link to register, I guess you can just show up?

Thank you in advance!
Do you have any feedback?

FlightDetent
3rd Mar 2022, 17:20
Air Inn at VNO,
Raddison Blu at Malta

Classic!

YourFlyingDutchman
4th Mar 2022, 14:10
Hi likair,

I went to Athens and they had two presentations.

The agenda consisted of

Company introduction
Pay scales
Additional Benefits
Base and Roster
Q&A

At the moment their interest still lies on experienced FOs and CPTs. After summer this will turn to Cadets, most likely..

Magus111
4th Mar 2022, 14:14
Hi all

anyone got an invitation for March (especially cadets)?

santacruz
8th Mar 2022, 03:01
Hi everyone,

any mention of when UK bases might go back to a fixed roster pattern? Any other interesting info from open days?

Shugush
8th Mar 2022, 09:54
anyone has info whether they will cancel interviews due to Ukraine war? I guess their growth project will be hell reduced after all this ....

dirk85
8th Mar 2022, 12:12
Hi everyone,

any mention of when UK bases might go back to a fixed roster pattern? Any other interesting info from open days?

They don’t have to, rostern pattern is not even mentioned in the work contract you sign with wizz. It’s a “concession” that can be taken away
at any time, as it happened often in the past, and also now, when short of crews.
Be grateful when you have it, but don’t count on it.

AIMINGHIGH123
8th Mar 2022, 13:02
anyone has info whether they will cancel interviews due to Ukraine war? I guess their growth project will be hell reduced after all this ....

I think they are going to be hit pretty hard.

Wizz haven’t hedged any fuel from what I have read!!!
Ryanair hedged about 80% for this year and already hedged for next year.
Predictions on oil going to $200 a barrel by year end. With fuel making up 30% of the bottom line plus Eastern Europe in a mess I think they will struggle. Share price is down nearly 50% from a month ago.

santacruz
9th Mar 2022, 02:59
How bad is the roster right now? Any night flying? Would anyone care to post an example? (Disguised of course)

Nikker
9th Mar 2022, 11:49
How bad is the roster right now? Any night flying? Would anyone care to post an example? (Disguised of course)
No reason to post. Each base is so different right now, one could say these are totally different companies.

Giuff
9th Mar 2022, 14:59

At my base we have currently something very similar to a 14/7 pattern but its going to disappear soon as we are extremely short of people, both seats

Potatos_69
10th Mar 2022, 09:06
Random... Completely Random... That's our bases rosters...

santacruz
12th Mar 2022, 04:59
OK Thanks guys. I would really like to go back to UK but it doesn't sound like its a good idea to leave another job to go to Wizzair right now, especially with the war. I hope for everyone's sake and the industry that security situation / roster pattern / salary scales improve soon.

A320LGW
16th Mar 2022, 13:30
I have a CS25 type rating with experience on type, currently unemployed. In January I received the 'forwarded as an applicant' email for UK non rated, experienced FO. I have heard nothing since then. On linkedin I am seeing many brand new flight school graduates getting jobs with wizz somehow. Does anyone know how the selection procedures are working right now?

Nikker
17th Mar 2022, 10:10
I have a CS25 type rating with experience on type, currently unemployed. In January I received the 'forwarded as an applicant' email for UK non rated, experienced FO. I have heard nothing since then. On linkedin I am seeing many brand new flight school graduates getting jobs with wizz somehow. Does anyone know how the selection procedures are working right now?
Flight school graduates have 1 significant advantage compared to you: they will not leave the company until they get the hours. You will leave wizz in a few months when better contracts will start appearing.
Also many of these guys are from WAPA and wizz already paid a lot and has no reason to delay these guys.

CW247
17th Mar 2022, 11:00
It's horrible to say that all my friends currently unemployed have one thing in common.... they are older and experienced First Officers. They are watching cadets get jobs whilst they are getting ignored. And it's not only WizzAir doing it.

dirk85
17th Mar 2022, 11:44

Attending the open days gives you a much higher chance to get called to the assessment, especially with your profile. Yes, it is not cheap, but it makes you stand out compared to all of those who just sends the application online. It worked for me many years ago.

TS34
17th Mar 2022, 12:03
I'm awaiting a call up to an assessment day now. Any idea of when that might be?

Like others I'm an experienced FO with a current type rating.

Fingers crossed I don't get overlooked for a cadet.

Johnny Tango
18th Mar 2022, 17:10
Pay scales WIZZ AIR

During Training (8/10 weeks plus Line training for NTR)

FO 1000 € Gross salary (VAT Swiss 4-5% plus VAT country where you are based base) plus 0,022 Euro per KM (great circle distance) and 12 € every landing of the crew
SFO (1500 Hours) 1100 € Gross salary (VAT Swiss 4-5% plus VAT country where you are based base) plus 0,038 Euro per KM (great circle distance) and 19 € every landing
CPT 3750€. Gross salary (VAT Swiss 4-5% plus VAT country where you are based base) --> NO information
AFTER LINE CHECK
FO 1750 € Gross salary (VAT Swiss 4-5% plus VAT country where you are based base) plus 0,022 Euro per KM (great circle distance) and 12 € every landing of the crew
SFO (1500 Hours) 2166€ Gross salary (VAT Swiss 4-5% plus VAT country where you are based base) plus 0,038 Euro per KM (great circle distance) and 19 € every landing
CPT 3750€. Gross salary (VAT Swiss 4-5% plus VAT country where you are based base) --> NO information

georgica
21st Mar 2022, 20:27
Pay scales WIZZ AIR

FO 1000 € Gross salary (VAT Swiss 4-5% plus VAT country where you are based base) plus 0,022 Euro per KM (great circle distance) and 12 € every landing of the crew
SFO (1500 Hours) 1100 € Gross salary (VAT Swiss 4-5% plus VAT country where you are based base) plus 0,038 Euro per KM (great circle distance) and 19 € every landing
AFTER LINE CHECK
FO 1750 € Gross salary (VAT Swiss 4-5% plus VAT country where you are based base) plus 0,022 Euro per KM (great circle distance) and 12 € every landing of the crew
SFO (1500 Hours) 2166€ Gross salary (VAT Swiss 4-5% plus VAT country where you are based base) plus 0,038 Euro per KM (great circle distance) and 19 € every landing

There is some true to this, but you are taking out important parts , like country multiplier. And VAT =Value Added Tax. If you are trying to refer to income tax, it is a very different and much more complicated story, all dependant on the country where your contract is based.

Rakija
21st Mar 2022, 20:44
Does anyone know when will Wizzair assessment be organised?

And does “Once we launch assessment days, you will be informed via email and you will have the chance to book.” mean i passed the shortlisting fir the job?

A320LGW
22nd Mar 2022, 11:23
Does anyone know when will Wizzair assessment be organised?

And does “Once we launch assessment days, you will be informed via email and you will have the chance to book.” mean i passed the shortlisting fir the job?

I think in theory it does, but in practicality the summer is fast approaching and the chances of getting invited seem to decrease by the day. I got it in January and am still waiting

Regarding going to the open day, I did consider it, but i don't live in a country where they have held one. Had I known it would make a big difference for them then i might have

Vinny91
22nd Mar 2022, 12:14
I think in theory it does, but in practicality the summer is fast approaching and the chances of getting invited seem to decrease by the day. I got it in January and am still waiting

Regarding going to the open day, I did consider it, but i don't live in a country where they have held one. Had I known it would make a big difference for them then i might have
Hello sir,
are you waiting since January after this statement? "Once we launch assessment days, you will be informed....." wow so long.!
So regarding summer what do you mean, that they will not be able to recruit during May, June, July... (because of a busy chief pilot/human resources maybe)?

dirk85
22nd Mar 2022, 14:30

I also had to fly to a different country to attend one. All the people that showed up were invited to the assessment soon after.

pilotsaad
23rd Mar 2022, 23:59
Hi Guys!
I would ask what can I expect in the assessment for you who attended to the interview recently?
I've read what will have however I'm asking due to your experience.
Regards

Joagre
24th Mar 2022, 10:31
Hello everyone I have applied for a cadet low hours position with Wizzair in February. Has anyone heard from them regarding an assessment date.

mu94
24th Mar 2022, 18:17
Hi guys, I got the mail today for the invitation for the assesement but within 30 minutes all slots were gone.. Anyone of you maybe know how long it takes that they provide new slots?

Klimax
24th Mar 2022, 22:55
Pay scales WIZZ AIR

AFTER LINE CHECK

Modern day slavery for pilots. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Joagre
25th Mar 2022, 06:19
Hi guys, I got the mail today for the invitation for the assesement but within 30 minutes all slots were gone.. Anyone of you maybe know how long it takes that they provide new slots?

Did you apply for a cadet non type rating or Fo please?

OrangeSoda
25th Mar 2022, 06:44
Hello guys.
I'm sure this question has been asked here before, but I couldn't find the answer.
Does Wizzair make you pay for your own type rating (if yes, what's the price), or do they bond you?

mu94
25th Mar 2022, 07:21
Did you apply for a cadet non type rating or Fo please?

I applied for cadet non type rated

npilot19
25th Mar 2022, 11:06

I have the same question.

Joagre
25th Mar 2022, 12:31
I also applied as a non type rated cadet and my application status has changed to being shortlisted but I still have not received an invitation for the assessment date. has your application status changed after it stated that you have been shortlisted?

B77F
25th Mar 2022, 13:52
Has anyone applied with an expired IR rating and has been invited for an assessment?

Luckybo
26th Mar 2022, 15:47
Hello guys.
I'm sure this question has been asked here before, but I couldn't find the answer.
Does Wizzair make you pay for your own type rating (if yes, what's the price), or do they bond you?

They bond you

georgica
27th Mar 2022, 15:10
They bond you
Not true. They deduct 415 euro per month from your paycheck for 3 years. Plus Bond. In other words, they say the TR costs 30,000 of which they take only 15,000 from your paycheck, the rest is in bond.

TS34
27th Mar 2022, 17:26
Any idea of when they might hold assessment days?

Currently sat here in limbo.
​​​

320rider
28th Mar 2022, 07:11
I applied as a direct entry PIC with type and was invited for assessment in a few hours. Has anyone taken an interview recently? what do I need to be ready for?

Stick_pusher
30th Mar 2022, 18:08
Hey guys,
Friend of mine had a status change to "You were forwarded as an applicant, therefore you are shorlisted on this job requisition"
Do you know if it means that he will get a slot for an assessment soon? or it is just another step of filtering?
Thanks

A320251N
30th Mar 2022, 22:14
Guys... Does anyone have the figure$ for the Abu Dhabi positions ?

I applied as a DEC and today got the invitation. I'm employed right now but willing to make a move... Any updated info is much appreciated.

All the best.

Alloy
31st Mar 2022, 05:06
AED174,960 plus 130 per landing plus 0.259/Km. In training only the basic pay states here. There is also a small housing allowance.

Joagre
31st Mar 2022, 09:09
Does anyone have a Wizz Air pilot recruitment contact number or email address?

DoodsA320
31st Mar 2022, 15:16
AED174,960 plus 130 per landing plus 0.259/Km. In training only the basic pay states here. There is also a small housing allowance.

Can you give Average Take Home per month? Thanks..Capt DEC

Newcomer2
31st Mar 2022, 21:08
Why would you go DEC to Wizzair Abu Dhabi, when Air Arabia pays twice as much next door 🤷‍♂️

Alloy
31st Mar 2022, 21:27
DoodsA320, sorry, not being interested in Abu Dhabi, I have no idea what the average take home pay is but my knowledge of the area made me think it was not enough, particularly the accommodation allowance.

rfsbena
4th Apr 2022, 10:13
I have the same question.
Any news on open slots?

rfsbena
6th Apr 2022, 14:16
Just got invited. I was as quick as I could to login once I received the email and I got a slot! Happy days!

I don't understand I check 2-3 times per day and never see a slot

londonDriver
7th Apr 2022, 09:27
I think you have to be quick.

Joagre
7th Apr 2022, 10:14
Did you receive the invitation today?

londonDriver
7th Apr 2022, 10:19
I don't understand I check 2-3 times per day and never see a slot
I think you receive an email first inviting you to book a slot but then probably these days you have to be fast. Have you received any email?

rfsbena
7th Apr 2022, 14:05
yes I did, and never saw any open slots

londonDriver
7th Apr 2022, 15:28
yes I did, and never saw any open slots

I my case it was 2-3 minutes after I received the email.

Aviationtrader
11th Apr 2022, 13:10
Hi,

Does anyone know if Non-TR cadets with UK licences/UK passports are being invited for assessments?

I've heard nothing back for several months and was hoping someone could provide further info or PM me Wizzair's UK contact number if possible.

Thanks.

pilotrick
13th Apr 2022, 10:08
Hi guys and girls,

Does anybody have a link where wizz air's bases are? I can't find updated info related to this (wiki etc is old and not correct).

Thanks!

Joagre
14th Apr 2022, 09:34
Hello everyone, did anyone today receive an email from Wizz air regarding assesment days please?

rfsbena
14th Apr 2022, 13:04
Hello,

I've been waiting for days now to find a slot to do the assessment. Any one know how to get one? or someone to contact?

TBSC
14th Apr 2022, 20:57
A loss of 632-652 million EUR is expected for the fiscal year ended on 31MAR. "...the Company is on track to ramping-up operations and crewing for a busy summer flying programme when we expect to operate ASKs more than 30% ahead of 2019 in the April - June 2022 quarter and more than 40% ahead of 2019 in the July - September 2022 quarter". That will be a fun summer with an organization advertising 57 open positions (as of today) for an office headcount of ~330.

F22 Post-close Trading Statement - 07:00:03 14 Apr 2022 - WIZZ News article | London Stock Exchange (https://www.londonstockexchange.com/news-article/WIZZ/f22-post-close-trading-statement/15412470)

pilot7777
15th Apr 2022, 16:50
Hi, I am waiting for the slot as well. I received an invitation to reserve a slot on March 24, 2022, but I have not see any slot. I do not understand this system. Does anyone have more information?

My Rifle and I
15th Apr 2022, 19:01
A loss of 632-652 million EUR is expected for the fiscal year ended on 31MAR. "...the Company is on track to ramping-up operations and crewing for a busy summer flying programme when we expect to operate ASKs more than 30% ahead of 2019 in the April - June 2022 quarter and more than 40% ahead of 2019 in the July - September 2022 quarter"

Wizzair fail 85% of all applicants so it's little wonder they are losing money at this rate.

FlightDetent
16th Apr 2022, 11:46
Funny the larger ACMI players have summer contracts almost fully booked, who's gonna help Wizz this year?

#therewasanattempt To run an airline without crews.

PilotLZ
16th Apr 2022, 13:15
Wizzair fail 85% of all applicants so it's little wonder they are losing money at this rate.
Has the assessment pass rate gone even further down? Last year, it was about 25-30% on account of a few people who attended. Surely it's a massive waste of resources to screen this many people in person if you only intend to hire a small number. Some form of online pre-screening could save lots of men-hours to the company and spare many candidates the expenses of going to BUD only to find out that they didn't make it.

Giuff
16th Apr 2022, 18:03
Short on crew basically everywhere.
Its going to be a fun summer...

Sms320
16th Apr 2022, 19:38
Anyone who’s attending upcoming recruitment event in the month of May at Budapest can DM me!!
Thanks!!

BarryMG
17th Apr 2022, 06:24
Has the assessment pass rate gone even further down? Last year, it was about 25-30% on account of a few people who attended. Surely it's a massive waste of resources to screen this many people in person if you only intend to hire a small number. Some form of online pre-screening could save lots of men-hours to the company and spare many candidates the expenses of going to BUD only to find out that they didn't make it.
It's not intentional, that's just the quality of people that apply vs airline requirements (whatever they are).

nicoli
17th Apr 2022, 12:04
It is intentional, before Covid getting in Wizzair was a straight forward process.

It’s surprising that TR candidates accepts to go through the pass rate of a legacy assessment but with the T&C of an ultra low cost.

YosserHughes
19th Apr 2022, 08:14
Does anyone know when they plan on conducting more NTR DEC assessments for positions within the UK?

Thanks

Vokes55
23rd Apr 2022, 13:04
Short on crew basically everywhere.
Its going to be a fun summer...

Three people turned up to a recent cabin crew recruitment event at LGW. One didn’t make it through and the other two have turned it down.

380Mrat
25th Apr 2022, 23:34
1) Will a type rated but zero hour on type pilot still be bond free or treated like an NTR candidate?

2) what is the difference in pay between a rated and NTR FO and NTR Captain
3)I One joins as FO due to factorisation of hours limitation how long does it take to get a command upgrade considering normal progress and the rate of induction of the 172 jets you mentioned?

4) After the company presentation meeting , how long a wait before the series of assessment interviews?

5) If so much retrenching of Pilots is taking place why recruit? Why not recondition the bad apples?

Thanks

[​​​​​QUOTE=Giuff;11125985]1. No
2. Normally 1 year but anybody can apply for base transfer from line release

Expect great expansion therefore some time at initial base[/QUOTE]

londonDriver
26th Apr 2022, 07:51
Hello,

does anyone know how many people got to the psychometric tests last Friday/Saturday (April22nd/23rd)?

How long does it take to receive a job offer from Wizzair after the assessment? They said 1/2 weeks but I have heard that sometimes can be a matter of days.

Thanks

Potatos_69
26th Apr 2022, 10:49
1) You will most likely be bonded as a type rating with 0 hours is basically NTR.
2) Substantial difference as it is in most airlines between FO and CPT
3) Factorized hours only apply to hours earnt before WZZ, all WZZ hours are factorised as 1 hour so it depends on how many hours you do per year to reach your 3000 to be eligible.
4) How long is a piece of string? Recruiting like the rest of wizz is chronically understaffed and overworked.
5) Would those pilots want to come back to the absolute mess that it is working for wizz?

2. Base transfer depends on your working rights etc and if the base needs crew. Could be 3 months, could be 3 years, if the base you're at is chronically understaffed could be stuck their permanently.

380Mrat
26th Apr 2022, 14:26
Thank you Potatoes9.

On the rated with zero hours I should have qualified that already rated and experienced on a small inter continental Jet might the situation change?

Previously trained on A320 but expired since 2020 and would have to re do the rating. They might fast track me I would gave thought if treated like another plain NTR FO then not worth the effort and let them bear the burden of training. You would still have to pay 15% upfront and the 30k is bonded over 3 years if already jet experienced otherwise 4 years as I have discovered. On a less active new bade like Abu Dhabi I suppose you would also take longer to upgrade?
Training can be 60-70 sectors, which is ok if you fly short sectors but only.mostly longer sector the training till checkout would take longer and landing pay would also suffer though mileage pay might be good.

Potatos_69
26th Apr 2022, 15:50
Thank you Potatoes9.

On the rated with zero hours I should have qualified that already rated and experienced on a small inter continental Jet might the situation change?

Previously trained on A320 but expired since 2020 and would have to re do the rating. They might fast track me I would gave thought if treated like another plain NTR FO then not worth the effort and let them bear the burden of training. You would still have to pay 15% upfront and the 30k is bonded over 3 years if already jet experienced otherwise 4 years as I have discovered. On a less active new bade like Abu Dhabi I suppose you would also take longer to upgrade?
Training can be 60-70 sectors, which is ok if you fly short sectors but only.mostly longer sector the training till checkout would take longer and landing pay would also suffer though mileage pay might be good.

You will enter as NTR with your experience. I’m sure.

Training will probably be 80 sector as well.

You won’t get fast tracked or given any special treatment you will be bonded like everyone else NTR.

There are no upfront costs for the TR with wizz unless you choose that path, it’s normally just bonded with half returned at the end of the bonding period.

Concentrate on getting the job before you start dreaming of fast captain upgrades. You’re just another number and nothing special to them so take it step by step.

380Mrat
26th Apr 2022, 20:09
I understand what you are saying. What you did not know is that I am already a Captain on an intercontinental jet so not looking for any special treatment here, just trying to maintain my rank. It was Wizz Air that suggested the fast track scheme not I, should I join as FO. It is they that also said about paying the 15% up front and no mention of any money returned after the bond period. Perhaps this is a new scheme they are trying now. Are you with them still?

enzino
26th Apr 2022, 20:42
There are no upfront costs for the TR with wizz unless you choose that path, it’s normally just bonded with half returned at the end of the bonding period.

Is this still the case? I heard they stopped returning 50% of the bonded amount a few years back.

Jetliner737
26th Apr 2022, 20:45
Hi there, anybody attending the assessment on the 30th of May? 😄

380Mrat
26th Apr 2022, 22:15
Any leaks on best online prep lacks for Wizz Air Assessments!

380Mrat
27th Apr 2022, 00:50
Is this still the case? I heard they stopped returning 50% of the bonded amount a few years back.

Apparently so. You now pay 15% and they pay the rest PLUS you get bonded 3 years if jet experienced and 4 years if you have to do a jet conversion course.

Alloy
27th Apr 2022, 05:56
Either way Wizz seem very keen to tie crew up with long bonds and/or longer than normal airline notice periods while having a low basic salary. This all seems to tie in with employers who have employee retention problems for whatever reason.

380Mrat
27th Apr 2022, 11:48
Either way Wizz seem very keen to tie crew up with long bonds and/or longer than normal airline notice periods while having a low basic salary. This all seems to tie in with employers who have employee retention problems for whatever reason.
Apparently yes. Taking advantage. The basic is indeed very low but there is an increase incentive if you work hard(fly more than 70hrs/ month as I reckon it, to make the money or you could end up making only 45% of basic salary if you stick to what was rostered..and on the other hand if you say yes to every extra flight they assign you whether on your off days or leave days you could end up making 150% of basic which by the end your health and certainly family might suffer too. This stick and carrot system in my suspicion has more stick and less carrot. For a beginner hungry to fly and build a foundation it may well be a great chance, but for those already experienced to have to make such sacrifices and on top get paid much lower than say previous premium Airline/Aviation jobs that may not be an easy bridge to cross unless you have long term career development goals on Airbus and you have the age advantage to pursue them.I.magine having to leave a €12000/month with accommodations and crew transport provided for flying a meagre 25-30 hrs/month with oervdiems paid if off base to interesting destinations and finding time to tour them then suddenly immerse yourself in this low basic pay(60% lower) low cost high productivity stick or carrot system punitive system can take a brave heart indeed, especially if you have a family to support. At the end it is a personal choice...unless you have no choice in which case any job becomes attractive in itself for security's sake.

Potatos_69
27th Apr 2022, 12:37
I understand what you are saying. What you did not know is that I am already a Captain on an intercontinental jet so not looking for any special treatment here, just trying to maintain my rank. It was Wizz Air that suggested the fast track scheme not I, should I join as FO. It is they that also said about paying the 15% up front and no mention of any money returned after the bond period. Perhaps this is a new scheme they are trying now. Are you with them still?

If you’re already a captain on an intercontinental jet why are you looking to join the bottom feeder airline? What you have atm is probably better especially if you would be in wizz AUH where captains earn less than FO’s in the neighbouring companies…

Potatos_69
27th Apr 2022, 12:39
Apparently yes. Taking advantage. The basic is indeed very low but there is an increase incentive if you work hard(fly more than 70hrs/ month as I reckon it, to make the money or you could end up making only 45% of basic salary if you stick to what was rostered..and on the other hand if you say yes to every extra flight they assign you whether on your off days or leave days you could end up making 150% of basic which by the end your health and certainly family might suffer too. This stick and carrot system in my suspicion has more stick and less carrot. For a beginner hungry to fly and build a foundation it may well be a great chance, but for those already experienced to have to make such sacrifices and on top get paid much lower than say previous premium Airline/Aviation jobs that may not be an easy bridge to cross unless you have long term career development goals on Airbus and you have the age advantage to pursue them.I.magine having to leave a €12000/month with accommodations and crew transport provided for flying a meagre 25-30 hrs/month with oervdiems paid if off base to interesting destinations and finding time to tour them then suddenly immerse yourself in this low basic pay(60% lower) low cost high productivity stick or carrot system punitive system can take a brave heart indeed, especially if you have a family to support. At the end it is a personal choice...unless you have no choice in which case any job becomes attractive in itself for security's sake.

The best you can do is MAYBE double what your basic is at best.

380Mrat
27th Apr 2022, 12:53
My friend, if you have a family to support and out of work you would know why. Try suffering this kind of hardship for two years with sparse freelance work to support you. I do not intend to finance my current type recurrent training when rating expires with little job offerings on the freelance market for my type. So when an airline offers this , despite its herrings, I still consider it an opportunity worth taking and building on and progressing forward even if joining as a Senior FO for 6 months, which is the minima for upgrade in the company. It wouldnt take me much more than a year to convince them to upgrade me. There is also the added advantage am getting essentially a cheap type rating with an assured job (I had paid for the same rating through my nose in 2010 with employment not honoured by a rogue Low Cost Airline and has long expired now) Even by paying upfront that small percentage Wizz Air asks despite under the circumstances of Covid let downs is still attractive. My lenses are not not focused as negatively as yours perhaps. I see a future progressing to wide bodied Airbuses elsewhere if experience at Wizz does not turn out a happy one. If I join them and hold that job at least I gain security's sake.My family lives in AbuDhabi so it is all advantageous for me. Have you been even furloughed before? Any spell on unemployment whilst you had to pay for your recurrent training to be marketable? Look...any company you might join might have stuff you might not like or people you might loathe to work with. Just swallow the red pill and move on living the dream rather than dreaming with empty pockets to fly again. That is my take. The glass might be a 1/4 full..bit a sip os better than a dry glass wouldnt you say?

londonDriver
27th Apr 2022, 13:55
My friend, if you have a family to support and out of work you would know why. Try suffering this kind of hardship for two years with sparse freelance work to support you. I do not intend to finance my current type recurrent training when rating expires with little job offerings on the freelance market for my type. So when an airline offers this , despite its herrings, I still consider it an opportunity worth taking and building on and progressing forward even if joining as a Senior FO for 6 months, which is the minima for upgrade in the company. It wouldnt take me much more than a year to convince them to upgrade me. There is also the added advantage am getting essentially a cheap type rating with an assured job (I had paid for the same rating through my nose in 2010 with employment not honoured by a rogue Low Cost Airline and has long expired now) Even by paying upfront that small percentage Wizz Air asks despite under the circumstances of Covid let downs is still attractive. My lenses are not not focused as negatively as yours perhaps. I see a future progressing to wide bodied Airbuses elsewhere if experience at Wizz does not turn out a happy one. If I join them and hold that job at least I gain security's sake.My family lives in AbuDhabi so it is all advantageous for me. Have you been even furloughed before? Any spell on unemployment whilst you had to pay for your recurrent training to be marketable? Look...any company you might join might have stuff you might not like or people you might loathe to work with. Just swallow the red pill and move on living the dream rather than dreaming with empty pockets to fly again. That is my take. The glass might be a 1/4 full..bit a sip os better than a dry glass wouldnt you say?

Hello...

I am wondering why you haven't applied as DEC rather than applying as FO? Not enough hours on the left seat?

Good luck!

FlightDetent
27th Apr 2022, 14:30
Different strokes for different players. If A320 LHS is the stepping stone for an easier QOL of an already experienced pilot, WZZ might just be it.

Judging by the performance of their cadets for initial TR LPC, the training is sincere and constantly delivers appropriate results.

Joagre
27th Apr 2022, 14:37
Has anyone received an invitation for the Assessment for cadet today?

380Mrat
27th Apr 2022, 16:20
Different strokes for different players. If A320 LHS is the stepping stone for an easier QOL of an already experienced pilot, WZZ might just be it.

Judging by the performance of their cadets for initial TR LPC, the training is sincere, delivering constantly appropriate results.

Indeed so. Aviation is governed by different types of AOC ranging from part 91 ,135, and 121 with an accompanying variation in standards and scope of experience. I have been away from part 121 ops for many years and so my move is likely to benefit rather than hinder me . WZZ jets are not only the latest Airbus Neos but are well maintained with Lufthansa Technic being the service provider. The training you mention must be to the notch required if they can keep their game going and at the rate of progress their expansion is making. Having said that, they are sifting through the bad apples which you can not blame them for.If their ATO is to be approved by UAE GCAA for raining WWAD you can bet on their standards approximating Etihad,Emirates or any of the LCC in UAE.

Potatos_69
27th Apr 2022, 16:46
Indeed so. Aviation is governed by different types of AOC ranging from part 91 ,135, and 121 with an accompanying variation in standards and scope of experience. I gave been away from part 121 ops for many years and so my move is likely to ve efit rather than hinder me . WZZ jets are not only the latest Airbus Neos but are well maintained with Lufthansa Technic being the service provider. The training you mention must be to the notch required if they can keep their game going and at the rate of progress their expansion is making. Having said that, they are sifting through the bad apples which you can not blame them for.If their ATOBis to be approved by GCAA you can bet on their standards approximating Etihad,Emirates or any of the LCC in UAE.

What you were saying before, I know exactly how it feels, and of course if its the only option its not a bad one, but for someone as experienced as yourself I would assume there are more and better options out there than this company.

If the work life balance works for you then yes check it out, but believe me, there isnt any life balance in wizz, its just work sleep fatigue repeat, random rosters, lots of calling from off etc.

The money isn't good enough for the strain it will put you under, admittedly having your family in AUH already will make it a little easier for you than the rest of the crew you would work with... But still don't expect to see them much and when you do you will be tired, because they will work you to your legal maximum or until you call fatigued. They are super short of staff in lots of places and even more short in the ops center so everything is a mess and getting even simple things sorted can be a nightmare.

I have heard rumours that guys who were forced to AUH during covid have been just putting their uniforms and ipads in the office and walking out never to be seen by the company again its getting so bad over there at times, but again, as you live in the region already and probably have your own house there etc then it could be doable... Just remember you will be earning less than the FO's next door so perhaps keep an eye out on those opportunities too.

380Mrat
27th Apr 2022, 17:30
What you were saying before, I know exactly how it feels, and of course if its the only option its not a bad one, but for someone as experienced as yourself I would assume there are more and better options out there than this company.

If the work life balance works for you then yes check it out, but believe me, there isnt any life balance in wizz, its just work sleep fatigue repeat, random rosters, lots of calling from off etc.

The money isn't good enough for the strain it will put you under, admittedly having your family in AUH already will make it a little easier for you than the rest of the crew you would work with... But still don't expect to see them much and when you do you will be tired, because they will work you to your legal maximum or until you call fatigued. They are super short of staff in lots of places and even more short in the ops center so everything is a mess and getting even simple things sorted can be a nightmare.

I have heard rumours that guys who were forced to AUH during covid have been just putting their uniforms and ipads in the office and walking out never to be seen by the company again its getting so bad over there at times, but again, as you live in the region already and probably have your own house there etc then it could be doable... Just remember you will be earning less than the FO's next door so perhaps keep an eye out on those opportunities too.

I absolutely agree with your points Sir, all well scored! I am admittedly still deliberating in the most exhausting manner one could about whether or not to consider WZZ. It all depends on the face to face interview and what comes of it.I have already flown this type of LCC ops with worse conditions in Africa flying on occasion upto 9 sectprs per day with 6-8 being norm, zero crew meals(except for peanuts,biscuits and water,juice) being my staple diet for a couple of months when they were still fledgling and a salary not proud to announce here.I hacked it and managed to pull out after a couple of thousand hours with ATPL and find work in the Mid East even if getting initially involved with an LCC arguably worse than WZZ before I stabilized my jet career growth over a span of 8 years. Even if one does not own a home here it is where all my family relations are based. How many clear days off/month do you know you actually get at WZZ. I was hoping a more copious Crew meal would be provided bit I suppose they want you to buy on board to boost their in flight sales! Regardless what an FO makes next door to where I live or indeed what I was making till last month which is triple what WZZ can pay me; I see it for the sake of my own benefit due to lack of alternatives and sustainable employment time being. I think if I sacrifice a year so and upgrade on to the left seat on A321 I can live with the double increase in pay considering long term job security as WZZ has announced in public it plans to expand phenomenally in the coming decade. Most of my experience at the WWAD base (due to its distant location on its network) will mean long haul flying mostly on 321s.This means faster accumulation of flying hours on type which gives je a closer reach to joining the bigger carriers due to : already basing in UAE and operating with a UAE license. There are options to also consider ACJ jobs locally as well which will also be an improvement in pay from WZZ .So looking on the near horizon I might agree with you whole heartedly and sensibly but after years the the training bond period is over and if am not happy I will be in a more advantageous position to apply for an A380 job than I am now. As I will not financing the whole training, should I be selected, I have more to gain than lose. Whether my body,psyche or soul can cope is another matter and only when I time comes to swim the high seas will i be able to tell. For now better to jump on the bandwagon while optimism is still in the air and flowing in my veins. I have had poorer options to fall back on in the past and managed to cope for the short term goal I wanted to achieve then. My previous employers were not reliable paymasters and WZZ in comparison looks super organized, though with lots of stick in their carrot! This might be a fruit coated with thorns but there are ways to get to the fruit without the thorns getting in the way. They are just necessary obstacles and as I am not privileged to work in EU or USA where most of the decent jobs are, the M.East will do just fine for me, be it WZZ, Corporate, private jets, or indeed mega carriers like Emirates which will all be within reach with a couple of thousand hours and PIC time on the Airbus.

Your advise is, however greatly appreciated for it shows empathy for a fellow comrade struggling to keep my wings back aloft! I shall attentively be sifting through these valuable threads for more insider tell tales.

Potatos_69
27th Apr 2022, 20:52
I absolutely agree with your points Sir, all well scored! I am admittedly still deliberating in the most exhausting manner one could about whether or not to consider WZZ. It all depends on the face to face interview and what comes of it.I have already flown this type of LCC ops with worse conditions in Africa flying on occasion upto 9 sectprs per day with 6-8 being norm, zero crew meals(except for peanuts,biscuits and water,juice) being my staple diet for a couple of months when they were still fledgling and a salary not proud to announce here.I hacked it and managed to pull out after a couple of thousand hours with ATPL and find work in the Mid East even if getting initially involved with an LCC arguably worse than WZZ before I stabilized my jet career growth over a span of 8 years. Even if one does not own a home here it is where all my family relations are based. How many clear days off/month do you know you actually get at WZZ. I was hoping a more copious Crew meal would be provided bit I suppose they want you to buy on board to boost their in flight sales! Regardless what an FO makes next door to where I live or indeed what I was making till last month which is triple what WZZ can pay me; I see it for the sake of my own benefit due to lack of alternatives and sustainable employment time being. I think if I sacrifice a year so and upgrade on to the left seat on A321 I can live with the double increase in pay considering long term job security as WZZ has announced in public it plans to expand phenomenally in the coming decade. Most of my experience at the WWAD base (due to its distant location on its network) will mean long haul flying mostly on 321s.This means faster accumulation of flying hours on type which gives je a closer reach to joining the bigger carriers due to : already basing in UAE and operating with a UAE license. There are options to also consider ACJ jobs locally as well which will also be an improvement in pay from WZZ .So looking on the near horizon I might agree with you whole heartedly and sensibly but after years the the training bond period is over and if am not happy I will be in a more advantageous position to apply for an A380 job than I am now. As I will not financing the whole training, should I be selected, I have more to gain than lose. Whether my body,psyche or soul can cope is another matter and only when I time comes to swim the high seas will i be able to tell. For now better to jump on the bandwagon while optimism is still in the air and flowing in my veins. I have had poorer options to fall back on in the past and managed to cope for the short term goal I wanted to achieve then. My previous employers were not reliable paymasters and WZZ in comparison looks super organized, though with lots of stick in their carrot! This might be a fruit coated with thorns but there are ways to get to the fruit without the thorns getting in the way. They are just necessary obstacles and as I am not privileged to work in EU or USA where most of the decent jobs are, the M.East will do just fine for me, be it WZZ, Corporate, private jets, or indeed mega carriers like Emirates which will all be within reach with a couple of thousand hours and PIC time on the Airbus.

Your advise is, however greatly appreciated for it shows empathy for a fellow comrade struggling to keep my wings back aloft! I shall attentively be sifting through these valuable threads for more insider tell tales.

days off will be minimum legal and a random roster probably, if you have more than min legal expect to be called on your off days

rhey spend about €4 on your crew meal and no ovens on board. So you’ll be buying food at the airport or bringing it with you every day

it has all these massive expansion plans but their crew retention levels are so bad that they can barely manage to crew the planes they already have. For every 1 who I know who joins with I know 2 are leaving.

30 this month-45 days have start dates with ba. We will run out of cabin crew soon

380Mrat
27th Apr 2022, 22:13
days off will be minimum legal and a random roster probably, if you have more than min legal expect to be called on your off days

rhey spend about €4 on your crew meal and no ovens on board. So you’ll be buying food at the airport or bringing it with you every day

it has all these massive expansion plans but their crew retention levels are so bad that they can barely manage to crew the planes they already have. For every 1 who I know who joins with I know 2 are leaving.

30 this month-45 days have start dates with ba. We will run out of cabin crew soon

What an eye opener. Thanks mate. Yes something has to yield if they are biting more then they can chew.I am a former Airline Corporate Planner and agree if it goes unchecked without the right structures and incentives to contain the workforce it could have disastrous consequences. If I find a better job, especially non low cost or one where upfront payment for training not demanded ofcourse I shall change course. Meantime I shall steer through these treacherous seas and see if there is an escape route should things prove to mirror what you suggest. Frankly based on how long duty hours one would fly from the WWAD base I would expect a better crew meal service option and not having to pay for any training if signing a bond.UAE GCAA is strict on regs and so I hope it shall be policed in favour of maintaining safety standards. Unfortunately from what I know has been happening at all other airlines here Crew Fatigue Management is an ongoing sore subject that has not yet been resolved.

They said WWAD base being far off their network crew wont ve flown as hard but not sure of the mandatory days off per month.If you find out from any pilots that lefy from the WWAD base please share their reality.

Giuff
28th Apr 2022, 11:29
What an eye opener. Thanks mate. Yes something has to yield if they are biting more then they can chew.I am a former Airline Corporate Planner and agree if it goes unchecked without the right structures and incentives to contain the workforce it could have disastrous consequences. If I find a better job, especially non low cost or one where upfront payment for training not demanded ofcourse I shall change course. Meantime I shall steer through these treacherous seas and see if there is an escape route should things prove to mirror what you suggest. Frankly based on how long duty hours one would fly from the WWAD base I would expect a better crew meal service option and not having to pay for any training if signing a bond.UAE GCAA is strict on regs and so I hope it shall be policed in favour of maintaining safety standards. Unfortunately from what I know has been happening at all other airlines here Crew Fatigue Management is an ongoing sore subject that has not yet been resolved.

They said WWAD base being far off their network crew wont ve flown as hard but not sure of the mandatory days off per month.If you find out from any pilots that lefy from the WWAD base please share their reality.

thats exactly how described.
Already cancelling flights due to lack of flt crew.
Most in my base have 100+ hrs this month.
All the people coming from the desert will leave soon.
Wizz 500 will never happen. Not with the current planning.
Ezy also cancelling due to lack of drivers.
Lauda desperate for pilots.
Its gonna be a fun summer...

380Mrat
28th Apr 2022, 13:29
thats exactly how described.
Already cancelling flights due to lack of flt crew.
Most in my base have 100+ hrs this month.
All the people coming from the desert will leave soon.
Wizz 500 will never happen. Not with the current planning.
Ezy also cancelling due to lack of drivers.
Lauda desperate for pilots.
Its gonna be a fun summer...

I see. By the way it ain't a desert here everywhere🥴 and certainly not in the cities. No wonder they are targeting on recruiting mostly for the "desert" as a result. 100+ hours is illegal crossing 105 in 28 days. That means no off day whole month for them? Were they paid for the extra hours and off days as they claim they pay? Because you jave to pay rent 3-6 months in advance leaving quickly will incur further losses.

TBSC
30th Apr 2022, 07:15
In 2015 the employee group asked about the new livery had the idea of addig a belly logo. It was rejected by the management as the aircraft needs to look "clean and crisp". Fast forward seven years and 100 aircraft without the logo you have this:
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10558606
I bet someone got a bonus for the idea.

380Mrat
30th Apr 2022, 12:02
I think if they pride themselves on being lean that belly logo painted on 500 planes(as they advertise their growth plan) is gonna cost them a few Euros and carbon footprints. More weight means more fuel burn means more emissions...if we are to get fastidiously mathematical Judging from the complaints laid here-in they ought to get more emotional and empathic with their employees instead to retain workforce perhaps?

TorqueStripe
30th Apr 2022, 18:49

I'm just curious how you can have minimum days off while flying to your maximum, especially at a base like AUH?

I'm at a base with way less daily average flight time, but would certainly be exceeding my maximum flight hours with the absolute minimum days off. If I'm flying 100 hours a month, i have at least 10 days off.

Potatos_69
30th Apr 2022, 19:16
Admittedly I'm not providing info on AUH as I don't know enough about it, but in other busy bases, its extremely random, Perhaps they will be luckier in AUH these days, but this company will find a way to work you to the bone no matter what bases and flights you have

380Mrat
1st May 2022, 00:41
Abu Dhabi base will have longest sectors and as the network is mostly east- west-east any number of days off you will be struggling to wear off the jetlag. Even if you do not fly much. I assume you will be doing back to back service to Europe with minimum night stops. It would help a lot to get night stops at least...otherwise burn out and resignations plus crew attrition will happen faster. I have done these Mid East Europe dailies sometimes with 2 or 3 sectors and even if it was not a low cost jet..bloody knackering! And we were served proper meals on board and they all ended with night stops and breakfast on a 4-5star hotel. What is the standard of hotels provided by Wizz? Like ibiz I suppose?

HKG_Refugee
1st May 2022, 05:32
If you’re already a captain on an intercontinental jet why are you looking to join the bottom feeder airline? What you have atm is probably better especially if you would be in wizz AUH where captains earn less than FO’s in the neighbouring companies…

Not only am I a experienced Airbus Captain, my PC is currently valid and It's been less than 40 days since my last A320 flight.

I now have a job OUTSIDE of A320. The money being offered is a joke; stop accepting these rubbish conditions.

Now I fly a brand new type for 200Kish a year.

Training and type paid by new employer. Why waste efforts with Wizzair?

If you want jokes, go see a stand up show. Your career shouldn't be a joke.

380Mrat
1st May 2022, 11:58
For a "Captain" you should take care with the language you use. ..it gives you away as immature.

Good for you if you can obtain a free type rating with a salary of 200K(no currency mentioned!) wherever you are. Not everyone gets entitled to free type ratings so stop acting like a brat...and dont tell me what to do. Chances are I have seen Aviation longer than you have.

Perhaps when you feel the pangs of unemployment in the not too distant future you could pull a stand up joke career..and I suspect you might be good at it..after quite a few gaffs!

LimaVictor
1st May 2022, 15:45
For a "Captain" you should take care with the language you use. ..it gives you away as immature.

Good for you if you can obtain a free type rating with a salary of 200K(no currency mentioned!) wherever you are. Not everyone gets entitled to free type ratings so stop acting like a brat...and dont tell me what to do. Chances are I have seen Aviation longer than you have.

Perhaps when you feel the pangs of unemployment in the not too distant future you could pull a stand up joke career..and I suspect you might be good at it..after quite a few gaffs!

Well said 380Mrat

TorqueStripe
1st May 2022, 16:23
Abu Dhabi base will have longest sectors and as the network is mostly east- west-east any number of days off you will be struggling to wear off the jetlag. Even if you do not fly much. I assume you will be doing back to back service to Europe with minimum night stops. It would help a lot to get night stops at least...otherwise burn out and resignations plus crew attrition will happen faster. I have done these Mid East Europe dailies sometimes with 2 or 3 sectors and even if it was not a low cost jet..bloody knackering! And we were served proper meals on board and they all ended with night stops and breakfast on a 4-5star hotel. What is the standard of hotels provided by Wizz? Like ibiz I suppose?

Wizz doesn't do hotels, unless you go AOG. Hence, no Jetlag problem either. You're sleeping in your own place/base every night.
As AUH has the longest sectors, you will have the most days off. 10 hour flying days and 100 hours max a month (not sure exactly about GCAA limits) means 10 working days.

380Mrat
1st May 2022, 19:35
Wizz doesn't do hotels, unless you go AOG. Hence, no Jetlag problem either. You're sleeping in your own place/base every night.

As AUH has the longest sectors, you will have the most days off. 10 hour flying days and 100 hours max a month (not sure exactly about GCAA limits) means 10 working days.

That makes sense.Even if you sleep at base daily you will be sleeping upside down your body clock and so jet lag will still impact! Fatigue will chew your circadian cycle up... The extra off days will help to sone extent in addressing that (provided ops does not disturb your peace during rest periods) .What I was informed that there will be more time off in WAAD and some night stops on occasion due to long block times as.am sure you end up doing 13 hr duty days..per sector easily. Already Vienna is posted and it probably will be the longest sector yet at approx 3000miles.Am sure the 321N is capable of longer. Moscow is a 11 hr block time and I can not imagine going there without a night stop or else do a 24 hr duty day unless a small hiccup develops With the expansion rate they are planning and due to most demand for western destinations from AUH being the western European destinations and Far East and Indian Ocean/East African leisure and trader cities; I can envision the 321N being utilized as far south as Zanzibar if not further and Far Eastern destinations like Thailand and beyond.

Here is a quote for the mission capability of this type from Airbus:"Extending the flight distances for A320 Family aircraft opens even more exciting travel possibilities. The longest-fuselage A321 variant can fly routes of up to 4,000nm with 206 passengers in its A321LR (long range) configuration, with extra fuel carried in three Additional Centre Tanks (ACTs). The A321XLR version provides a further range extension to 4,700nm. Its increased maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) of 101 tonnes enables the aircraft to be fitted with a permanent Rear Centre Tank (carrying 12,900 litres of fuel) and an optional forward ACT. This gives the A320XLR a flight time of up to 11 hours, with passengers benefitting throughout the trip from Airbus’ award-winning Airspace interior, which brings the latest cabin technology to the A320 Family."
Exciting times ahead if the network expansion fleet, crew resources and traffic rights indeed materialize. That is when they might work crew to the bare bones by having in flight deck relief staff.

Joagre
4th May 2022, 17:59
Did someone manage to get an interview slot this week?

santacruz
5th May 2022, 07:02
A quick glance at the departure times and it does appear to be morning and afternoon departures, afternoon and night time arrivals.

no night flying? On a 5/4 pattern that could actually be quite nice and not too fatiguing. Random roster probably makes it more tiring as I’m sure they’re not organised enough to roster a row of earlies or lates.

380Mrat
5th May 2022, 22:48
A quick glance at the departure times and it does appear to be morning and afternoon departures, afternoon and night time arrivals.

no night flying? On a 5/4 pattern that could actually be quite nice and not too fatiguing. Random roster probably makes it more tiring as I’m sure they’re not organised enough to roster a row of earlies or lates.
Agreed in general
I today saw a Wizz Air pilot using a public transport bus walking the streets of AbuDhabi in uniform under a 38C heat. He looked pretty worn out and untidy(dobt think they have time to iron uniform). I wish I did a spot interested view on him to check the reality show at WZZ. That picture is not an encouraging one. Not familiar with LCC airline rosters 5/4 means?

santacruz
6th May 2022, 04:43
5 early shifts, 4 days off, 5 late shifts, 4 days off.

Ryanair uses this pattern in most bases. Wizzair used it Pre-covid and they even gave you a preference to have mostly lates or mostly earlies. However, since covid I believe wizzair is random roster which I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole if I was you!

380Mrat
6th May 2022, 07:25
5 early shifts, 4 days off, 5 late shifts, 4 days off.

Ryanair uses this pattern in most bases. Wizzair used it Pre-covid and they even gave you a preference to have mostly lates or mostly earlies. However, since covid I believe wizzair is random roster which I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole if I was you!

Many thanks gor your inputs Santacruz. Yes am getting the jitters about Wizz. Also saw salaries are very low compared to say Air Arabia(another cheap carrier) even if you work hard. For second officers you would be earning same as or less than a nurse in UAE which is low but they get accommodation and sone perks provided but you dont! Not even duty transport. Having to use a public bus in UAE to work is low. Metro, I could live with it if golden class but bus...rolling my eyes...

santacruz
6th May 2022, 07:53
What exactly is the Captains salary at AUH? Figures were posted for FO earlier but not captain.

salary, sector pay and any other allowances given?

health care and education for kids?

TBSC
6th May 2022, 16:07
Random roster probably makes it more tiring as I’m sure they’re not organised enough to roster a row of earlies or lates.
They are organized all right. Lately pilots who were crew dispatchers/planners before are rostered for office duty to look for cew. In May. Wonder what's the plan for July.

TBSC
17th May 2022, 11:34
Maltese AOC.
Intention to form a new airline in Malta - 11:57:31 17 May 2022 - WIZZ News article | London Stock Exchange (https://www.londonstockexchange.com/news-article/WIZZ/intention-to-form-a-new-airline-in-malta/15456159)

380Mrat
18th May 2022, 11:34
Wizz hs planning a base in Malta?

roll_over
19th May 2022, 05:47
Many thanks gor your inputs Santacruz. Yes am getting the jitters about Wizz. Also saw salaries are very low compared to say Air Arabia(another cheap carrier) even if you work hard. For second officers you would be earning same as or less than a nurse in UAE which is low but they get accommodation and sone perks provided but you dont! Not even duty transport. Having to use a public bus in UAE to work is low. Metro, I could live with it if golden class but bus...rolling my eyes...

A pilot taking the bus in the UAE, wow. Better have something to wear over the uniform because that person will definitely be getting some strange looks.

YosserHughes
19th May 2022, 15:28
Can anyone tell me about Doncaster... is there a long wait for this base?

What are the chances of getting it upon joining as NTR DEC?

Thanks

Bloated Stomach
19th May 2022, 20:23
Hello everyone, I wonder if someone can help answer a question?

I am in the holding pool awaiting base and start date. How long do people usually wait before hearing back about the base and start date?

Thanks.

dziabanek
19th May 2022, 20:29
Hello everyone, I wonder if someone can help answer a question?

I am in the holding pool awaiting base and start date. How long do people usually wait before hearing back about the base and start date?

Thanks.

From screening to confirmation email NTR candidates have to wait up to 2 weeks

BTW. What do you remember about this first ATPL test? What did they ask about? Which atpl subjects were the most visible? What kind of difficult questions do you remember? What about wizzair company questions?

380Mrat
20th May 2022, 08:07
From screening to confirmation email NTR candidates have to wait up to 2 weeks

BTW. What do you remember about this first ATPL test? What did they ask about? Which atpl subjects were the most visible? What kind of difficult questions do you remember? What about wizzair company questions?

Any feed on latest questions and topics on WZZ NTR interviews?

Day 1
HR interview (Required original docs)Tech interview and if Chief pilot attendsATPLMATHS​​​​IQ
DAY 2PsychomotorPsychometrics
Sim brief
Cheers

550rvr
20th May 2022, 10:25
ditto the above question - what are the plans for Doncaster? I understand there are current Wizz pilots waiting for this base?

550rvr
20th May 2022, 10:27
How are UK (London) rosters at the moment? 6/4 as promised or more variable, are you likely to be able to go home for 4 days?

TS34
21st May 2022, 15:25
Does anyone have any information on average number of kilometers flown as well as the average number of sectors one could expect?

Giuff
21st May 2022, 15:45
Does anyone have any information on average number of kilometers flown as well as the average number of sectors one could expect?

High season up to 50/60k
Low season anything from 25/40k
Depends a lot on which base anyway

Whitemonk Returns
21st May 2022, 20:15

Imagine giving a crap as a professional pilot as to how many kilometeres/miles you will fly in any particular company. That should tell you all you need to know about this outfit.

Pathetic company

Giuff
21st May 2022, 20:18
Imagine giving a crap as a professional pilot as to how many kilometeres/miles you will fly in any particular company. That should tell you all you need to know about this outfit.

Pathetic company

Hope you are well settled in your outfit after 2 yrs of pandemic with an ongoing global war.

B77F
21st May 2022, 20:26
Is the SO/FO salary enough to make a living or are you gonna starve and live paycheck to paycheck in WAAD?

enzino
21st May 2022, 20:48

Pathetic company
Looks like somebody didn't take the rejection so well.

TS34
21st May 2022, 21:02

Pathetic company

Well seeing as your pay is linked to distance and number of sectors flown then, yes, I do give a crap.

TS34
21st May 2022, 21:03
High season up to 50/60k
Low season anything from 25/40k
Depends a lot on which base anyway

Thanks Giuff,

Similar figures to what I expected. I appreciate it will vary on base allocation etc.

Potatos_69
21st May 2022, 22:05
Is the SO/FO salary enough to make a living or are you gonna starve and live paycheck to paycheck in WAAD?

Paycheck to paycheck as an FO, especially in the off peak times.

380Mrat
22nd May 2022, 09:31
Thanks Giuff,

Similar figures to what I expected. I appreciate it will vary on base allocation etc.
Hi Giuff
I take it you are linked with the company. It will be good to get from an insider what is the maximum a Captain and FO/month (without accommodation allowance) can make in Summer and in winter? Just a ball figure..,more like € €8000 or €6000 for Capt. And €6k and €4K or more for WAAD base?

I want to compare with GCC pilot salaries. These figures I provide are already low for even FOs figures. Please DM me as I know this is not supposed to be public info but Wizz is not straight forward either by suggesting a pay formula only.

I mean well and am motivated to join Wizz Air but want a realistic expectation before I decide. Many here on this forum dissuaded me but I see it more from the view point of 1/4 glass full is better than an empty glass but also have potentially better pay options to weigh against Wizz Air as a bottom line.

As a suggestion: I like that Wizz Air is growing phenomenally and that they are recruiting aggressively. This has to be done with care considering the number of crew they will need continually over the next 10 years as projected by their fleet growth. However, to retain the crew and not go through the hard ,risky , laborious and expensive process of Pilot recruitment it is important to match the salaries with current industry practices, not just in Europe where it is headquartered but importantly regionally as well.Hete in UAE salaries are public knowledge how high they are The salaries and allowances offered by Wizz have to compare well against Fly Dubai and Air Arabia(the lowest oayer) if not Etihad, Emirates and Qatar Airways. Care has to be taken even when salaries are acceptable to use a good proportion of the Carrot/Stick (or in Wizz Air terms Apple/Stick) principle. Too much stick and you will be endlessly laundering crew till the washing machine cannot keep up with required intakes and then you will be forced to take what is available at market dictated salaries. There is no excuse for Covid low salaries anymore nor war(the war helps with travel demand actually). wizz has done well both during Covid as well as during this war as it boasts so. I love the balls of steel approach by CEO and I believe Wizz will do well but to survive in the long run they have to be likeable as employers. This means providing right incentives or it will become just another transit station for employees..be they crew or ground staff. I wish Wizz Air to become the best indeed. The advice given here-in is trying to serve that exact purpose.

Please DM me your response.

With thanks

TBSC
22nd May 2022, 14:45
Just three obeservations if I may:
- Wizz were always years (or half a decade) behind their own fleet development plans through the 18 years of their existence;
- the balls of steel approach is in fact an "it's always someone else's fault" one;
- historic performance figures do not mean much when it comes to future earnings (depending on km flown) due to huge
changes in the schedule without notice ("trial and error" procedure when opening new bases/routes leading to frequent
base/route closures if something is not working out; routes moved between bases (W-patterns, lately the world winner idea
of triangle flights), whole stations abandoned if the local government/authority/airport is cheeky enough to have demands and
not only offers) etc etc. Just check the short history of Wizz Abu Dhabi, aircraft stored, routes announced but never started,
flights moved around DWC/DXB/AUH and between WAH and WAZ. You make your maths today but it might be a whole different
figure in half a year.

It's also worthwile to check how the company is handling the (final) court decisions made in Ukraine and Romania regarding
the unlawful dismissal of crew members (happened way before the pandemic in Kyiv and Bucharest where the crew wanted
to organize a union).

380Mrat
22nd May 2022, 16:12
Just three obeservations if I may:
- Wizz were always years (or half a decade) behind their own fleet development plans through the 18 years of their existence;
- the balls of steel approach is in fact an "it's always someone else's fault" one;
- historic performance figures do not mean much when it comes to future earnings (depending on km flown) due to huge
changes in the schedule without notice ("trial and error" procedure when opening new bases/routes leading to frequent
base/route closures if something is not working out; routes moved between bases (W-patterns, lately the world winner idea
of triangle flights), whole stations abandoned if the local government/authority/airport is cheeky enough to have demands and
not only offers) etc etc. Just check the short history of Wizz Abu Dhabi, aircraft stored, routes announced but never started,
flights moved around DWC/DXB/AUH and between WAH and WAZ. You make your maths today but it might be a whole different
figure in half a year.

It's also worthwile to check how the company is handling the (final) court decisions made in Ukraine and Romania regarding
the unlawful dismissal of crew members (happened way before the pandemic in Kyiv and Bucharest where the crew wanted
to organize a union).

I thank you for your perspective. I have to agree with dome of what you say is true in terms if vase chops and changes. What are their strategic intentions over Wizz DWC then? This ruthless approach you mention is what am worried about.

Another point of contention is why does pilot recruitment HR never respond to emails and have no phone numbers? These are all worrying factors. Also have to pay 15% of training costs upfront and then tie you to a 3 year bond is a bit much...but at least the salaries should be worth it without the punitive measures and the obligation to accept going worked to the maximum legal hours each month if that is indeed the case.

By "balls if steel" I meant expanding phenomenally and being quoted in public that no airline can match to their strategy, unless ofcourse they have guarantors with very deep bank pockets and reserves indeed. Historically Airlines have had a tendency to burst when their bubble grows too big and too rapidly, unless backed up by a rich nation. Yes, I agree that for the 18 years the growth we are seeing only recently is what's amplifying their visibility and in great part thanks to the economic edge to tge A321 neo, as long as they keep filling them up and with the global traffic trends favouring this aircraft size and provided they do not keep chopping bases and routes and cancelling flights. Credibility and reliability and consistency an Airline's bread and butter. A lot will depend on whether they will do well in creating the right incentives to retain the crew that they recruit as well as attract new crew based on feedback from those presently employed there. Salaries and perks need to improve significantly I would say.

TBSC
22nd May 2022, 19:52
What are their strategic intentions over Wizz DWC then?
The word loyality does not exist in their vocabulary. They move shop at the first better offer. See Tirgu Mures vs Cluj; Girona vs Barcelona; Lübeck vs Hamburg; Prestwick vs Glasgow (then both shafted for Edinburgh); Cuneo vs Torino. 8-10 bases closed (Kosice, Poznan, Riga, Prague, Dortmund, Trondheim, Lublin etc), destinations abandoned completely after years of operation (Cork, Osijek, Arad, Hannover, Rimini, Brno, Groningen, Southend, Bordeuax, you name it). Wizz Hungary, then Wizz Bulgaria (closed), then Wizz Ukraine (closed), then Wizz UK, then Wizz Abud Dhabi, then Wizz Malta? One day they are around your place, the next day they might be gone.

380Mrat
24th May 2022, 00:32
The word loyality does not exist in their vocabulary. They move shop at the first better offer. See Tirgu Mures vs Cluj; Girona vs Barcelona; Lübeck vs Hamburg; Prestwick vs Glasgow (then both shafted for Edinburgh); Cuneo vs Torino. 8-10 bases closed (Kosice, Poznan, Riga, Prague, Dortmund, Trondheim, Lublin etc), destinations abandoned completely after years of operation (Cork, Osijek, Arad, Hannover, Rimini, Brno, Groningen, Southend, Bordeuax, you name it). Wizz Hungary, then Wizz Bulgaria (closed), then Wizz Ukraine (closed), then Wizz UK, then Wizz Abud Dhabi, then Wizz Malta? One day they are around your place, the next day they might be gone.

Difficult to argue with what you say. I am wondering too. Will see...

YosserHughes
24th May 2022, 10:44
Can someone tell me what the chances are of getting DSA base after joining as DEC please?

Thanks

Potatos_69
24th May 2022, 11:08
You might get it, but they are desperate to fill LGW atm, its a mess and so short of crew

TBSC
24th May 2022, 14:46
https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/637194-wizzair-3-a-10.html#post11234611

TBSC
24th May 2022, 14:54
Abu Dhabi-Mattala flights will not start next week as it was planned. It's pushed to September (and will be cancelled quietly sometime during the summer).

Bloated Stomach
24th May 2022, 15:51
Abu Dhabi-Mattala flights will not start next week as it was planned. It's pushed to September (and will be cancelled quietly sometime during the summer).

I think that’s a good idea. Sri Lanka is in turmoil and have already declared themselves bankrupt. Probably not a good idea to get involved until the creditors take over and create some stability. Sri Lanka’ stop priority is food and essential medicine.

TBSC
24th May 2022, 18:14
I think that’s a good idea. Sri Lanka is in turmoil and have already declared themselves bankrupt. Probably not a good idea to get involved until the creditors take over and create some stability. Sri Lanka’ stop priority is food and essential medicine.
Sure but which of those things happened recently (a week before the first flight)? It's going on for 2 months already.

Bloated Stomach
24th May 2022, 18:36
Sure but which of those things happened recently (a week before the first flight)? It's going on for 2 months already.

Not the official default and bankruptcy. The notice went in last week to the Chinese and the Indians, I believe. And the shortage of fuel and unsettled public is a cause for concern. Look what happened to Kazakhstan when the locals marched into town. They took over the airport and tried to vandalise the aircraft. Big no no. I agree with Wizz on this one.

Slways
25th May 2022, 11:16
Has anyone recently been invited to budapest? and when did you apply to the wizzair website?

Greetings
Slways

Arrowhead
10th Jun 2022, 08:40
Can someone tell me what the chances are of getting DSA base after joining as DEC please?

Thanks

Zero. They just closed it. But I am sure it will reopen when things calm down a bit.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/wizz-air-to-shut-doncaster-base-amid-uk-travel-squeeze-1.1774923

380Mrat
13th Jun 2022, 06:36
https://simpleflying.com/jozsef-vadari-wizz-air-investigation-easa/

TorqueStripe
13th Jun 2022, 08:28
What exactly is atrocious about failing type rated people not being able to answer what green dot or CDL are?
I didn't know Wizz did assessments in KUL, but if people pass there despite these short comings, they won't make it far.

olster
13th Jun 2022, 08:58
Obviously about to be accused of old fogeydom but here goes….I have been involved with airline pilot recruitment at various times and the standard of tech knowledge is quite disturbingly low by some. Similarly the inability to fly a simple SID. To be fair some candidates stand out but others you can’t but help think have been duped of their 100 grand. As regards the above the excruciating use of ‘kinda’ does not indicate appropriate maturity.

380Mrat
13th Jun 2022, 10:39
Obviously about to be accused of old fogeydom but here goes….I have been involved with airline pilot recruitment at various times and the standard of tech knowledge is quite disturbingly low by some. Similarly the inability to fly a simple SID. To be fair some candidates stand out but others you can’t but help think have been duped of their 100 grand. As regards the above the excruciating use of ‘kinda’ does not indicate appropriate maturity.

I take it you are involved in the sim screen or Tech interviews at WZZ AUH?.Were your critical statements referring to rated or non rated candidates? Do they expect you to fly an unfamiliar aircraft SID manually raw data flying? Have you ever had to fly a SID on A320 raw data,? What is simple to an experienced SFI might not necessarily appear simple under examination/interview conditions I might add, especially considering the normal Airports used ate London or even Abu Dhabi. Any SID only simplifies ATC workload, not necessarily crew workload, especially in a single pilot operation simulation with raw data flying and having to pay attention to radio instructions as well as heed any lateral or vertical restrictions including Noise abatement rules. We hear that even experience Captains fail.What have you to say to that? Thank you for the new dodgy english term..FOGYDOM..it might help to translate it for those poor souls with a lesser ELP perhaps?

Kennytheking
13th Jun 2022, 11:21
I take it you are involved in the sim screen or Tech interviews at WZZ AUH?.Were your critical statements referring to rated or non rated candidates? Do they expect you to fly an unfamiliar aircraft SID manually raw data flying? Have you ever had to fly a SID on A320 raw data,? What is simple to an experienced SFI might not necessarily appear simple under examination/interview conditions I might add, especially considering the normal Airports used ate London or even Abu Dhabi. Any SID only simplifies ATC workload, not necessarily crew workload, especially in a single pilot operation simulation with raw data flying and having to pay attention to radio instructions as well as heed any lateral or vertical restrictions including Noise abatement rules. We hear that even experience Captains fail.What have you to say to that? Thank you for the new dodgy english term..FOGYDOM..it might help to translate it for those poor souls with a lesser ELP perhaps?
Do we have to start dumbing down our English when fighting with each other here? I'm sure even a level 4 can read some connotation into the word fogeydom, even if they can't define it.

You post comes across as very defensive. How about we give the old fogey the benefit of the doubt and assume that if he is involved with recruitment sims, he knows when a guy can and can't fly, irrespective of the difficulty of the profile.

Kennytheking
13th Jun 2022, 12:11
Well your post comes across as very offensive and speak for yourself about dumbing down your Wnglish.I would rather keep mine standard, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Am not advocating for poor sIm performance here, but if you have read this threads and other relevant forums you would see that there is some justice in looking at WZZ with critical eyes. You talk as though you are involved in their sim or interview process yet hou have no Airbus rating.

I merely took the trouble to provide info from latest feedback from a site that i have paid for to be privy to it but will not tolerate my post being poked at.That is why I tore it down

I have spent enough 2 cents on this exchange with you

Fogydom to you!

Just refer to my previous post - I have nothing further to add.

pilotlux
13th Jun 2022, 12:34
I just really can’t believe that there are people qualified to be pilots that are unable to manage their emotions in a forum, quite sad really.

A warm hug

380Mrat
13th Jun 2022, 12:39
Erm...spare us the extended morose mate. Your emotional sensors might need some cob web blowing.

All is fine here not perturbed at all. You dont judge emotions by text now do you?

I prefer a cool hug..temperatures hit 40s here!😁✌️

Kennytheking
13th Jun 2022, 12:53
I just really can’t believe that there are people qualified to be pilots that are unable to manage their emotions in a forum, quite sad really.

A warm hug
Oh come on! This forum is littered with emotions......380Mrat doesn't like me and it's hard not to feel sad about that.:E

olster
13th Jun 2022, 15:40
As is the way of the Internet assumptions are made and taking offence kicks in backed up by our old friends victimhood and grievance. For clarity Mrat I have nothing whatsoever to do with Wizz, not even flown with them as a passenger. I have however worked as a pilot for two well known airlines as a pilot recruiter and one I am still actively involved with. More inaccurate assumptions: I am very empathetic to the mainly young pilots that I interview and certainly want them to succeed. However, a large proportion cannot fly or find it incomprehensible to fathom a simple SID out of a U.K. airport. Regardless of the aeroplane type, an instrument rating is generic and to not understand the basics as an apparently IR qualified pilot in terms of vertical and lateral profile is truly disturbing. Let’s come on to technical questions. “So Bloggs, why do jet aeroplanes have swept wings?” Some of the answers are extraordinary including the world beating, “they are more efficient on the ground”. Other non sequiturs are available revealing almost zero understanding of basic aerodynamics. Go figure.

For the sake of balance and as someone who can barely scrape by on schoolboy French although I can buy beer in many languages I am in complete awe of someone that can do our job in a language other than our own. I am sorry that a poor attempt at wit on a predominantly English speaking forum has fallen flat. A few top tips for the wannabes that read this from someone who actually sits on the other side of the table. Have a good understanding of high altitude aerodynamics, swept wings, Dutch roll. Mach tuck, jet engine theory etc. Nobody is expecting anything other than basic understanding. Also read the charts carefully and interpret SID tracking and altitude requirements.

As regards the outpourings of angst and emotional incontinence that prevails on pprune, I am not interested nor have the time for it. Also remember when you go to an airline pilot interview you need to impress at the HR interview as well. No point in being Chuck Yeager in the sim and arrogant and entitled in the interview (common). Otherwise I wish all aspirant pilots good luck but as the Boy Scouts would say, be prepared!

olster
13th Jun 2022, 15:50
Oh and by the way, thanks Kenny. I have been in the business many years and I can indeed tell when a pilot can fly. It is often obvious within a short time. In the interests of perspective I see some stellar performances as well as the converse. However all one looks for is a reasonable enough standard combined with an old favourite, a good attitude. The ability to accept instruction and to work with colleagues both sides of the cockpit door and on the ground. Not rocket science. Cheers.

Potatos_69
13th Jun 2022, 19:31
Zero. They just closed it. But I am sure it will reopen when things calm down a bit.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/wizz-air-to-shut-doncaster-base-amid-uk-travel-squeeze-1.1774923

Considering how much their reputation is trashed in the area, I think they will have trouble reopening it considering DSA is most likely extremely pissed at WZZ these days... Also god knows how many of the DSA crew will start jumping ship now they have to move to LGW or LTN...

Montr3al
14th Jun 2022, 06:47
As is the way of the Internet assumptions are made and taking offence kicks in backed up by our old friends victimhood and grievance. For clarity Mrat I have nothing whatsoever to do with Wizz, not even flown with them as a passenger. I have however worked as a pilot for two well known airlines as a pilot recruiter and one I am still actively involved with. More inaccurate assumptions: I am very empathetic to the mainly young pilots that I interview and certainly want them to succeed. However, a large proportion cannot fly or find it incomprehensible to fathom a simple SID out of a U.K. airport. Regardless of the aeroplane type, an instrument rating is generic and to not understand the basics as an apparently IR qualified pilot in terms of vertical and lateral profile is truly disturbing. Let’s come on to technical questions. “So Bloggs, why do jet aeroplanes have swept wings?” Some of the answers are extraordinary including the world beating, “they are more efficient on the ground”. Other non sequiturs are available revealing almost zero understanding of basic aerodynamics. Go figure.

For the sake of balance and as someone who can barely scrape buy on schoolboy French although I can buy beer in many languages I am in complete awe of someone that can do our job in a language other than our own. I am sorry that a poor attempt at wit on a predominantly English speaking forum has fallen flat. A few top tips for the wannabes that read this from someone who actually sits on the other side of the table. Have a good understanding of high altitude aerodynamics, swept wings, Dutch roll. Mach tuck, jet engine theory etc. Nobody is expecting anything other than basic understanding. Also read the charts carefully and interpret SID tracking and altitude requirements.

As regards the outpourings of angst and emotional incontinence that prevails on pprune, I am not interested nor have the time for it. Also remember when you go to an airline pilot interview you need to impress at the HR interview as well. No point in being Chuck Yeager in the sim and arrogant and entitled in the interview (common). Otherwise I wish all aspirant pilots good luck but as the Boy Scouts would say, be prepared!

Exactly on point, I would definitely encourage future assessment candidates to read this quote as much as possible.

Captain Whistlingoat
14th Jun 2022, 10:08
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a really daft question but how long post assessment is it normal to receive an outcome? Completed all four stages. I've heard a number of different figures given but wondered if anyone had a clue. In my case assessment was just over two weeks ago for NTR experienced FO, Wizz UK. Still waiting and not enjoying the lack of knowing, as I would suspect most can imagine. My profile says they're reviewing my assessment results.

Cheers.

TS34
14th Jun 2022, 10:36
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a really daft question but how long post assessment is it normal to receive an outcome? Completed all four stages. I've heard a number of different figures given but wondered if anyone had a clue. In my case assessment was just over two weeks ago for NTR experienced FO, Wizz UK. Still waiting and not enjoying the lack of knowing, as I would suspect most can imagine. My profile says they're reviewing my assessment results.

Cheers.

We were told we'd hear back within two weeks.

I got the email around three weeks after completing the assessment informing me I was successful and would be placed in the hold pool.

Was swimming for about 24 hours.
Got the email the day after giving me a start date.

Don't fret!

Captain Whistlingoat
14th Jun 2022, 10:38
That’s really good to hear! Thanks so much, mate.

TS34
14th Jun 2022, 11:28
Not a problem. Best of luck to you.

I always assume that they let down those who didn't make it before informing those who did.
That's based on absolutely nothing, mind.

EchoMike62
20th Jun 2022, 09:14
Hello all,

I got the email almost 2 weeks ago that I passed the assessment. I would like to know how long you have to wait in the Holding Pool to get a start date, contract etc. and how long the type rating and line training takes?

I would be very happy to receive a reply :)

Thanks in advance

londonDriver
20th Jun 2022, 10:20
Hello all,

I got the email almost 2 weeks ago that I passed the assessment. I would like to know how long you have to wait in the Holding Pool to get a start date, contract etc. and how long the type rating and line training takes?

Thanks in advance

In my case, I waited 3 weeks (NTR CPT) to get the assessment result and then about a week to get the start date.

The type rating is about 6 weeks and then it's 3 weeks OCC (after a couple of weeks of home studying).

I am not sure about the line training

Captain Whistlingoat
20th Jun 2022, 10:25
Hello all,

Thanks in advance

I got my good news on Thursday and am hoping it’s not too long for the next bits to arrive! Congrats on getting through, mate.

EchoMike62
20th Jun 2022, 11:48
In my case, I waited 3 weeks (NTR CPT) to get the assessment result and then about a week to get the start date.

The type rating is about 6 weeks and then it's 3 weeks OCC (after a couple of weeks of home studying).

I am not sure about the line training

All right thanks for the information. Maybe it takes longer for me because I am a NTR Cadet

EchoMike62
20th Jun 2022, 11:51
I got my good news on Thursday and am hoping it’s not too long for the next bits to arrive! Congrats on getting through, mate.

Congratulations on passing the assessment :D. I hope that we will receive more information pretty soon.​

qk05919
20th Jun 2022, 14:50
hello,
I will soon be assessment in July,
could you please give me some information
thank you for your help
[email protected]

mu94
20th Jun 2022, 15:09
I've heard that some waited around 1 month😅 So enjoy your summer and drink some beers, it will come sooner or later

Whispering Giant
20th Jun 2022, 16:55
For anyone who attended the recent On-line virtual roadshow for UK based pilots on Monday the 13th, has anyone who posed questions to Anastasia either during the Q&A or afterwards via e-mail actually had any response from her or any of the recruitment team yet ? She said she would get back to us with the answers especially to those of us who applied some time ago and whose on-line portal account said they had been put forward for assessment and then heard nothing back with regards to dates or anything. Has she been in touch with anyone to let them know what has happened ?

OkinawanPanda
20th Jun 2022, 21:55
Hi everyone,

For the ones that past the assessments, how long did it take from the time you applied online until you actually had an assessment date?
Thanks in advance guys, safe flying.

380Mrat
21st Jun 2022, 09:17
For anyone who attended the recent On-line virtual roadshow for UK based pilots on Monday the 13th, has anyone who posed questions to Anastasia either during the Q&A or afterwards via e-mail actually had any response from her or any of the recruitment team yet ? She said she would get back to us with the answers especially to those of us who applied some time ago and whose on-line portal account said they had been put forward for assessment and then heard nothing back with regards to dates or anything. Has she been in touch with anyone to let them know what has happened ?

They are not good at getting back (under resourced to put it mildly). I applied to since 2018 and only recently got invited and even when given dates and changes take please it is operating like a virtual office. Patience and persistence is all I can advocate.

Even of you follow protocols of rescheduling an interview you get penalised snd are forced to wait till you can access the interview calender dates. They know the whole world is applying for this opportunity and difficult to get their attention.

Just wait and be prepared for their assessments ss their failure rates are notoriously high.

Good luck

Vulka
21st Jun 2022, 09:54
Hello everybody.

Any news about possible roadshow?(non virtual) in the near future...

Thanks!

A321drvr
21st Jun 2022, 13:07
Have a good read lads and gals before applying
https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/news/veteran-wizz-air-pilots-speak-27250465

380Mrat
22nd Jun 2022, 00:02
Have a good read lads and gals before applying
https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/news/veteran-wizz-air-pilots-speak-27250465

Thanks for the link mate!

qk05919
22nd Jun 2022, 10:04
hello ,
if possible to have feedback on interviews, tests etc...
thank you

Mrmorreti
2nd Jul 2022, 04:36
Does anyone know how to rebook an assessment if you needed to cancel in order to rearrange? The link doesn't work.

Have emailed but as usual... no reply!!

captainpluto
2nd Jul 2022, 08:51
Hi is anyone been invited for the NTR Capt assessment in Gurgaon for the 10th, 11th July? Please DM me, also what to expect for the selection and do we have to arrange our own tickets and hotel accommodation?

380Mrat
2nd Jul 2022, 10:52
Does anyone know how to rebook an assessment if you needed to cancel in order to rearrange? The link doesn't work.

Have emailed but as usual... no reply!!
It doesnt. I am stuck till today after wzz themselves advise me to decline and reschedule. There was no option to reschedule. Every time I tried to access dates system blocked me for cancelling 1 week prior to the interview date. No one responds by email or phone call.The candidate brochure made no mention of such a penalty. It only recommended not to cancel 24 hiours prior to assessments. Am not sure how to feal with this except keep trying. IT needs to correct the system.I was hesitant to change the date exactly because in of this.

xanderagb
13th Jul 2022, 16:03
I'm also interested. I have applied in March and still "they are reviewing applications"!

380Mrat
15th Jul 2022, 12:24
I'm also interested. I have applied in March and still "they are reviewing applications"!
Dont waste your time. Unprofessional staff and demand a lot yet they do not know how to behave in a manner that is standard across the industry. They are also not honest. You will be told in the open day this and that will be covered by the company yet they make you oay everything. They have also certain biases which I would rather not get into here but seem to favour Eastern Europeans and especially Ukranian and Russians from what I saw. ATPL was a joke.They are looking for certain faces and ages perhaps. If they are serious about recruiting pilots due to fleet growth their recruitment methods are non productive.Pay is lousy too.

londonDriver
15th Jul 2022, 13:38
It doesnt. I am stuck till today after wzz themselves advise me to decline and reschedule. There was no option to reschedule. Every time I tried to access dates system blocked me for cancelling 1 week prior to the interview date. No one responds by email or phone call.The candidate brochure made no mention of such a penalty. It only recommended not to cancel 24 hiours prior to assessments. Am not sure how to feal with this except keep trying. IT needs to correct the system.I was hesitant to change the date exactly because in of this.

probably that’s because you keep talking this way about the company? Do you think there are many people who applied and (allegedly) flew the 380? Honestly, if I was the recruitment manager I wouldn’t call you for the interview just reading all your comments here.

As far as the ATPL test, just because you need. people it doesn’t mean you have to hire everyone. If you are not willing to put any effort I don’t think you should blame anyone but yourself.

380Mrat
15th Jul 2022, 14:09
probably that’s because you keep talking this way about the company? Do you think there are many people who applied and (allegedly) flew the 380? Honestly, if I was the recruitment manager I wouldn’t call you for the interview just reading all your comments here.

As far as the ATPL test, just because you need. people it doesn’t mean you have to hire everyone. If you are not willing to put any effort I don’t think you should blame anyone but yourself.

What an unintelligent remark. Well you are not the HR Manager snd their ATPL is not exactly an ATPL paper.Investigate the reasons first before you make condescending stupid remarks.
And for your info there are many former A380 candidates who were called and some unsuccessful. For you to refer to my user ID as a reference to my qualification is rather dim by any standard.

londonDriver
15th Jul 2022, 14:21
What an unintelligent remark. Well you are not the HR Manager snd their ATPL is not exactly an ATPL paper.Investigate the reasons first before you make condescending stupid remarks.
And for your info there are many former A380 candidates who were called and some unsuccessful. For you to refer to my user ID as a reference to my qualification is rather dim by any standard.
honestly man, nothing worse than someone who blame others for its own failures. Anyway, I wish you the best and I hope you get a job soon (not bring sarcastic).

BarryMG
16th Jul 2022, 16:09
Significantly improved CPT salary at Wizz Abu Dhabi from 1st of July: +40% basic pay, +50% housing allowance

Hawking
17th Jul 2022, 08:25
Significantly improved CPT salary at Wizz Abu Dhabi from 1st of July: +40% basic pay, +50% housing allowance
so could you publish what is total salary?

BarryMG
17th Jul 2022, 12:53
I don't work there, but by my calculations and using PPJN figures, up to AED ~600k could be possible.

WhatShortage
21st Jul 2022, 02:01

Hey pal, after talking like that allow me to rub your words around your face.

Former a380 pilot ( VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE) got called won't mention the circunstances but let's say for a very good position. Accepted the contract and got fired due to another covid wave, never got called again.
Former a320 pilot on an UAE company, got called failed the technical interview (+4k hours)
French army pilot, got rejected on the personal/tech interview.
What the actual f* are you talking about? Their recruitment team has been called out MANY times already and it's being changed at a pace except a few that have "good connections". Stop the BS and accept the situation. BTW, if you're a girl, the chances of passing skyrockets even if you're handicapped and has no motor skills.

enzino
21st Jul 2022, 07:49
What a load of bollocks.

londonDriver
21st Jul 2022, 08:03
Hey pal, after talking like that allow me to rub your words around your face.

Former a380 pilot ( VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE) got called won't mention the circunstances but let's say for a very good position. Accepted the contract and got fired due to another covid wave, never got called again.
Former a320 pilot on an UAE company, got called failed the technical interview (+4k hours)
French army pilot, got rejected on the personal/tech interview.
What the actual f* are you talking about? Their recruitment team has been called out MANY times already and it's being changed at a pace except a few that have "good connections". Stop the BS and accept the situation. BTW, if you're a girl, the chances of passing skyrockets even if you're handicapped and has no motor skills.

The interview is absolutely doable with the right commitment. However, If you expect to pass the ATPL test without putting any effort you just fail. Plain and simple. I am not saying that you pass just because you worked for Emirates on the A380. Hours don’t really mean anything!! Probably they will have to “lower the bar” as Emirates did a few years back. Nevertheless, I hope they still keep a good standard and don’t hire people who like to “rub” words around people face!

Flylaw
26th Jul 2022, 05:59
Which is the best Wizz recruitment preparation website.......latestpilotjobs.com.......pilotassessments.com .........aviationinterviews.com....latestpilotinterviews.com ....? Are they all similar and just steal each others qs so they end up all the same?

320rider
2nd Aug 2022, 18:11
Hi everyone. I participated in the assessment process on the 25-26 of July in Budapest. wouldn't say it was easy but passed all stages and now I am waiting for an email with a "yes/no" answer. does anyone have an idea how long might it take?

Pilotman14
2nd Aug 2022, 18:15
Hi everyone. I participated in the assessment process on the 25-26 of July in Budapest. wouldn't say it was easy but passed all stages and now I am waiting for an email with a "yes/no" answer. does anyone have an idea how long might it take?

Congrats on getting through all the stages. For people I know it takes up to 2 weeks. Wondering if your able to share any feedback? I have mine in a few weeks.

mu94
2nd Aug 2022, 18:38

For me it took 5 days

320rider
2nd Aug 2022, 18:45
Congrats on getting through all the stages. For people I know it takes up to 2 weeks. Wondering if your able to share any feedback? I have mine in a few weeks.
Thank you. I am current cpt on a320 and as I may guess the initial test was much easier as it had 30% of the questions about type. There were some stupid questions about the number of seats on the company's fleet and so on. Math is pretty basic just brush up on how to divide/multiply on paper, that is prime numbers and etc. I trained on LPJ and it was more than enough. And a bunch of questions about general aviation staff: RW lightings, performance, gradients and etc. IMHO the first stage was the most difficult as 50% of the group left. The panel interview wasn't very difficult for me, but there were mostly captain's questions and a few regarding type. I wouldn't say I was as precise as they expected but it was ok. The next day was sim. I was asked to be seat support for cadet who unfortunately failed. there were steep turns, climb/descend with given v/s, intercepting radials, and flying to/from VOR. Instructors are very peaceful and understand that it isn't easy to fly a320 hadn't ever been before in FFS. In my opinion, the cadet failed coz was struggling with some basic exercises like intercepting radials and keeping flight parameters within limits. For me sim wasn't about handling, it was about decision making and time management. Finally, we were 5 at the psycho assessment out of 12 at the very beginning. One guy told me that if u get to the final stage you are 99% in. Will see.
Good luck

320rider
2nd Aug 2022, 18:59
For me it took 5 days
good. I completly screwed up with one of the psyco test, when u are flying on aircraft and have to control with keybord small a/c in one window, find an answer on question in an another window and notice what happend outside of the cockpit. it was very difficult for me.

mu94
2nd Aug 2022, 19:09
good. I completly screwed up with one of the psyco test, when u are flying on aircraft and have to control with keybord small a/c in one window, find an answer on question in an another window and notice what happend outside of the cockpit. it was very difficult for me.

Don't worry! The instruction time was limited for that excercise and I didnt realize that so I missed half of the instruction and after I was completely lost.
Anyway they told us that almost nobody failed that part so far... I think they are more concerned about the psycho test, in case you are a crazy dude or something...
So dont worry Im sure its a pass and hopefully see u soon on board then ;-)

320rider
2nd Aug 2022, 19:33
Don't worry! The instruction time was limited for that excercise and I didnt realize that so I missed half of the instruction and after I was completely lost.
Anyway they told us that almost nobody failed that part so far... I think they are more concerned about the psycho test, in case you are a crazy dude or something...
So dont worry Im sure its a pass and hopefully see u soon on board then ;-)
yep, thank you. see u around!

FlyHigh99
8th Aug 2022, 15:44
Hello everyone, I applied back in May, and it's still saying "We are currently reviewing all applications". How long does it usually take for to anyone be invited to an interview?
Safe flights everyone.

320rider
10th Aug 2022, 05:03
Hello everyone, I applied back in May, and it's still saying "We are currently reviewing all applications". How long does it usually take for to anyone be invited to an interview?
Safe flights everyone.
Hi, it depends on your position. For cadets, it takes longer than for type-rated pilots. I heard that it may take up to half an year for NTR pilots. good luck.

RogueOne
10th Aug 2022, 11:35
Are all assessments in BUD? I heard that a limited few might be in LGW?

How do you contact the recruitment team?

TBSC
10th Aug 2022, 21:14
Cardiff base is binned as well from September. Wizz is trying to spin it as a "summer seasonal base", time will tell.

Alberto2210
12th Aug 2022, 18:38
I would like to know from someone who actually works for wizz, if for training and work is better a iOS computer or a windows one, thanks