PDA

View Full Version : Wizzair

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

JliderPilot
13th Aug 2022, 20:32
I would say windows based laptop

BarryMG
14th Aug 2022, 06:29
I would like to know from someone who actually works for wizz, if for training and work is better a iOS computer or a windows one, thanks
Doesn't really matter, all training materials should work on both, I haven't heard any complaints either way.

Hearmenow
17th Aug 2022, 19:37
Please can someone give me ball park figures for a LTN FO interms of average monthly pay, days flying per month (in blocks) and what's the bond? Thanks

Giuff
18th Aug 2022, 12:27
Windows laptop

cascado
28th Sep 2022, 10:17
Any info given on type rating cost? Bonded? Up front? etc?

enzino
28th Sep 2022, 19:32
If experienced 15.000 otherwise 20.000. If bonded, they look after traveling and accommodation costs, if you decide to pay upfront then you have to sort travel and accommodation yourself.

Time Traveller
28th Sep 2022, 22:07
Sadly taken from post tax salary, not pre tax. I don't know why they do this, as I'm pretty sure the latter is perfectly legit.

enzino
29th Sep 2022, 07:44
This is not correct. The gross salary is lower when bonded.

Source: my payslip.

Time Traveller
29th Sep 2022, 08:39
I guess you're Europe. The UK taxman is brutal in taxing everything. Still, on this, a gross deduction should be possible.

enzino
29th Sep 2022, 09:24
The same applies to Wizz Air UK and Wizz Air Abu Dhabi.

TBSC
6th Oct 2022, 10:35
So long Sarajevo.

Dukaster
12th Oct 2022, 12:51
Anyone got access to the virtual wizz event this morning?
Impossible for me to connect

AndrewLincoln
6th Nov 2022, 14:54
Hi everyone,

Just got an invitation for Budapest but I can't select a date.
When I click on any date of the calendar I have the message "All event is full" or "Cannot find event".
What should I do please ? I know some people here had the same problem, but I can't find their post anymore

Thank you

Whispering Giant
6th Nov 2022, 17:35
They haven’t uploaded any new dates onto the booking system, just keep checking it every couple of days for the next lot of dates to be released.

brgds
W.G

NotSoAnonymous
6th Nov 2022, 17:39
Did someone attend the Wizzair Pilot Event in Rome today? If so, was there a QR code for them to analyze your application faster (in 7 days)?

Vulka
6th Nov 2022, 21:52
And more;Try with different device (I can’t do it with I pad i.e.) if doesn’t work you cannot book the date yet as already explained.
I had the same scenario.

Good luck

santacruz
8th Nov 2022, 05:19
Did they go back to 5/4 roster yet?

Newcomer2
8th Nov 2022, 15:23

🤣🤣🤣...no.
But they will have to at some point if they want to keep their planes flying

BarryMG
8th Nov 2022, 15:33
Back to 6/4, but at least they cannot plan you to finish after midnight on the last day like they used to. Only available in bases with at least 5 A/C, at bases with 3+ A/C next spring.

booze
10th Nov 2022, 00:51
Guys, stop believing whatever you read in those presentations and pdf-s with magenta headers: 5/4, 6/4, base change policies, etc. can be all changed as they please. It's not part of any employment contract whatsoever and never will be unless the pilot group finally wakes up, organizes and gets a collective agreement signed containing the above mentioned policies and provisions. Until then it's all smoke and mirrors.

JOKI
10th Nov 2022, 10:33
Can you reccomend any electronic logbook that may be suited for synchronising with Wizz Air software?

enzino
10th Nov 2022, 11:46
So far they have kept their word and my 6/4 in the first month is more like a 5/5. I got my base change 3 months after I lodged my request, but this of course depends on the base you are applying for.

Yes, there are a lot of things they can improve. And they should.

TBSC
6th Dec 2022, 18:18
Recruitment days for pilots in India and for cabin crew in Indonesia? It seems that the people from their neck of the woods are not very keen to join them.

amjlappi
9th Dec 2022, 19:12
Hey. Does anyone know if Wizzair invites people to the assessments if they have already failed it once? Did not pass the interview, cadet level. They did say I can reapply in one year but I have no idea if they actually do invite people have already failed.

Hawking
14th Dec 2022, 19:14
Hi guys.
Is there anyone here who works at the base in Kutaisi? I would like to know what are the working conditions there? what kind of roster? how many hours per month? If it is more convenient, direct message me please

Also could anyone explain advantages and disadvantages between local and CONFAIR contracts?

enzino
15th Dec 2022, 11:39
They do. They did it with me and I am in now.

IESS
16th Dec 2022, 01:28
Looks like the abu dhabi intake has stopped
anyone could confirm,
or is it just me who cant see any open invitations

amjlappi
17th Dec 2022, 12:19
They do. They did it with me and I am in now.
Great! (Y)

vie
18th Dec 2022, 05:54
hi
were you provided with tickets and accommodation for the assessment in Budapest?

Giuff
18th Dec 2022, 09:41
hi
were you provided with tickets and accommodation for the assessment in Budapest?

Tickets: yes
Accomodation: no

vie
20th Dec 2022, 04:59
Tickets: yes
Accomodation: no
have sent you a message!

EI-DAC
29th Dec 2022, 21:44
Any news about applying for the new base in TRN Italy? Starting from march 2023.

dirk85
29th Dec 2022, 23:19
Any news about applying for the new base in TRN Italy? Starting from march 2023.

They have plenty of internal applications for italian bases, they will just recruit for the least popular bases

Newcomer2
30th Dec 2022, 06:30

Did I miss something? Never heard of a TRN base opening for Wizz. Must be new...do you have a link by any chance?

enzino
30th Dec 2022, 20:46
I did hear some rumours, but still nothing is confirmed. I wouldn't be surprised, they would fill the gap left by Blue Air.

Newcomer2
31st Dec 2022, 06:33
Ryanair has already filled the gap

Giuff
31st Dec 2022, 17:11
Ryanair has already filled the gap

Blue Air had 5 acfts.
Ryan have 2.
Plus 2 Wzz airframes, capacity restored 😂

Bareyle
4th Jan 2023, 10:51
Hello guys,
I've gotten an email saying "Forwarded as an applicant.You have been added as an applicant to this requisition"
A month has gone without any additional information or invitation for an assessment. Anyone else in the same boat or had a long wait time for the assessment?

Cheers.

alexchar
4th Jan 2023, 17:53
Hello guys,
I've gotten an email saying "Forwarded as an applicant.You have been added as an applicant to this requisition"
A month has gone without any additional information or invitation for an assessment. Anyone else in the same boat or had a long wait time for the assessment?

Cheers.

In other words it means that you will be able to book an assesment, when slots become available.

Are you NTR Cadet? I was told by other candidates that at the moment there are no slots for NTR Cadets.

It's a good idea to start preparing as well, so when slots become available, you can pick an early date.

Bareyle
4th Jan 2023, 18:38
In other words it means that you will be able to book an assesment, when slots become available.

Are you NTR Cadet? I was told by other candidates that at the moment there are no slots for NTR Cadets.

It's a good idea to start preparing as well, so when slots become available, you can pick an early date.
Oh ok, yes I am applying as a NTR cadet. Thanks for the information. Greatly appreciated.

ctacik
4th Jan 2023, 20:20
How can you apply for a specific base?

ctacik
5th Jan 2023, 06:58
Can you propose some specific preparation site or program?

Newcomer2
5th Jan 2023, 09:02
How can you apply for a specific base?

You can't. At the interview they will ask you your 3 favorite bases, with no guarantee whatsoever to get any of them (unless they are one of those really ****ty bases they can never crew, like BCM, CRA or SCV). Then you will receive your contract with a totally different base (again, where they can't find enough volunteers to go).

ctacik
7th Jan 2023, 08:38
You can't. At the interview they will ask you your 3 favorite bases, with no guarantee whatsoever to get any of them (unless they are one of those really ****ty bases they can never crew, like BCM, CRA or SCV). Then you will receive your contract with a totally different base (again, where they can't find enough volunteers to go).
Thanks! I was thinking Georgian bases, probably nobody wants to go there but on the other hand you can have long flights from there

Cmd.Nuno
8th Jan 2023, 22:08
Hello,

Does anyone know if the assessments are still happening? I applied for NTR experienced FO (over 2500hrs factorized) but still didn't get any invitation.

Thank you!

EI-DAC
10th Jan 2023, 11:19
2 bases will be closed at the end of the month: Bari and Bacau.

ctacik
10th Jan 2023, 11:49
2 bases will be closed at the end of the month: Bari and Bacau.
Any info if open new ones and where?

Dox
11th Jan 2023, 20:46
Does anybody know what is the salary like for DEC / various bases?

Thank you!

Alloy
12th Jan 2023, 01:06
Does anybody know what is the salary like for DEC / various bases?

Thank you!

Not enough for the instability, shame and chaos for working for this mob. For the U.K. AOC £60.5K basic (there is basically no additions worth speaking of) plus allowances that in good times basically doubles this figure but can not be relied upon….

737 Jockey
12th Jan 2023, 09:27
Not enough for the instability, shame and chaos for working for this mob. For the U.K. AOC £60.5K basic (there is basically no additions worth speaking of) plus allowances that in good times basically doubles this figure but can not be relied upon….

Probably not worth attending the virtual open day today based on those figures. £60.5k is an insult!

R T Jones
12th Jan 2023, 09:57
As I understand flight/duty pay is quite a significant part of the overall package. Just a comparison from April the basic at easyjet is £117k.

737 Jockey
12th Jan 2023, 11:52
£60.5k is not gonna help much with a mortgage application in the southeast of England.

Dox
12th Jan 2023, 15:38
As I understand flight/duty pay is quite a significant part of the overall package. Just a comparison from April the basic at easyjet is £117k.
117 basic? So you have to add flt hours and extras? Wow

Alloy
12th Jan 2023, 18:04
To give an example of how basic it is, pay is not even basic if sick for one day, rather it is statutory sick pay (£22/day ?!?) and absolutely nothing else that personally I consider a flight safety conflict.

As mentioned, this basic salary is useless for any mortgage application in the U.K.

The chaos within the company I consider the largest challenge. Only pluses are nice set of crew and quick promotion prospects.

Bloated Stomach
12th Jan 2023, 18:51
To give an example of how basic it is, pay is not even basic if sick for one day, rather it is statutory sick pay (£22/day ?!?) and absolutely nothing else that personally I consider a flight safety conflict.

As mentioned, this basic salary is useless for any mortgage application in the U.K.

The chaos within the company I consider the largest challenge. Only pluses are nice set of crew and quick promotion prospects.

This is exactly why I believe that there will be a huge exodus of crew in all AOCs and Wizz is going to be in serious trouble. Aircraft deliverys will keep coming but there will be no one to fly them.

​​​​​​

TBSC
12th Jan 2023, 20:11
No need for future tense here. It's already happening since last April hence the dozen or so wet-leased aircraft, the seven bases closed in the last six months (in the midst of the upturn) and the mass cancellations.

esirgo
16th Jan 2023, 10:53
Hello Aviators,

Any feed back regarding assessment, tips , DEC Wzz.

thank you.

Giuff
16th Jan 2023, 14:18
No need for future tense here. It's already happening since last April hence the dozen or so wet-leased aircraft, the seven bases closed in the last six months (in the midst of the upturn) and the mass cancellations.

Yep.
High rate of resignations currently.

snl13
16th Jan 2023, 22:35
Yep.
High rate of resignations currently.

Hi, just curious about sources ? And to go where ? Thanks

BarryMG
17th Jan 2023, 06:48
Don't know about resignations, but recruitment and CMD upgrades are going full throttle, needing all positions: (good) DEC applications have basically dried out, so there is a big push for internal upgrades, causing in turn an even bigger strain on FO side. Just keep in mind that bases offered will be mostly in Romania, Albania or Georgia, you will have to wait for a transfer if you want to be somewhere else.

snl13
17th Jan 2023, 08:27
Don't know about resignations, but recruitment and CMD upgrades are going full throttle, needing all positions: (good) DEC applications have basically dried out, so there is a big push for internal upgrades, causing in turn an even bigger strain on FO side. Just keep in mind that bases offered will be mostly in Romania, Albania or Georgia, you will have to wait for a transfer if you want to be somewhere else.

Ok thank you for the explanation

SierraTangoBravo
17th Jan 2023, 09:07
Hello everyone!
I have a question for experienced colleagues.
What are pros and cons of working at base with short legs (Gdansk, Tirana) in comparison to "long-leg" bases (Kutaisi, Abu-Dhabi)?
Schedule, salary, workload, etc. Basically, hwatever you think is good to know for new-coming FOs.

barkerlut
17th Jan 2023, 09:40
Hello everyone!
I have a question for experienced colleagues.
What are pros and cons of working at base with short legs (Gdansk, Tirana) in comparison to "long-leg" bases (Kutaisi, Abu-Dhabi)?
Schedule, salary, workload, etc. Basically, hwatever you think is good to know for new-coming FOs.

Depends on what you like, really. 2 long sectors with someone on your left you don’t feel the vibe with can be a loong day. But it’s surely less stressful. Paywise they’ve got distance pay mixed with sector pay, it won’t make much of a difference. It’s more the applicable taxation in the country you’ll be based in which makes the difference. Abu Dhabi is another AOC, you’ll earn a little more there compared to the Hungary and Malta AOC

Frenchpilotguy
21st Jan 2023, 07:24
Hy everyone,

Do you know some people who got called another attempt (a 2nd wzz assessment) after one year?
Thank you

Bellerophon1
21st Jan 2023, 13:06
How is the pass rate now? Still low? There's a reason why they fail most of the candidates?

enzino
21st Jan 2023, 18:58
Hy everyone,

Do you know some people who got called another attempt (a 2nd wzz assessment) after one year?
Thank you
Yes, me.

Frenchpilotguy
22nd Jan 2023, 10:35
Well done mate, how was the second attempt?

enzino
22nd Jan 2023, 16:56
I believe I was assessed based on my experience I gained in the meantime flying for another commercial operator (not Airbus). The assessment wasn't the easiest, but I reckon it was fair and objective. If you know your stuff and you are the type of person that they would be happy to spend a working day with, you should not have any trouble to move on to the sim stage.

I know many will disagree, but to each their own.

Condor84
22nd Jan 2023, 20:06
Hi guys, any tips on how to prep for online assessment Cadet none type rated ? any websites to use? which ATPL subjects will be on the online assessment? this is for Wizz UK .

pilot4life98
24th Jan 2023, 21:18
Condor84 study ACE pilot book and pilotassessments.com, get the Wizz package. With these resources it's all up to you on assessment day

320EFC1234
26th Jan 2023, 14:26
Hi Guys,
I attended an assessment event in BUD for WUK on September 9th-11th 2022 and received the email that I was successful and placed in the holding pool on 14/10/2022. Been swimming since and yet to hear about any potential TR start date. Just wondering if anyone else is in a simile position or if anyone can give me information regarding WUK TR start dates. I know they’ve had to delay a lot of things because of needing sims for internal command upgrades. Thanks.

Potatos_69
22nd Feb 2023, 08:45
People interested in WUK some idea of current conditions…

Pay based on an average 40000km per month and 24 sectors. Before tax.

CPT: £10310 minus ~370pm if bonded
SFO: £6170 minus ~370pm if bonded
FO: £4285 minus ~370pm if bonded

Your annual salary isn’t too bad but the pension is terrible…. Minimum legal contribution 3% capped to a max basic salary of £44030... Company contributions p/m come to:

CPT: £110.07
SFO: £76-87
FO: £60-70

For the whole group staff travel has recently doubled or even trebled in price depending on how long the flight is. Additionally from April 1 there are total bans on all staff travel during busy holiday times so your only choice will be to pay full price, I know guys with a family where a Christmas holiday was going to go from 400-500£ for tickets to 2500£.

midnight cruiser
22nd Feb 2023, 09:55
They put me in the euro hold pool with a threat to be withdrawn if I didn't accept, despite me doing the selection for WUK, and only being able to work in the UK, having a UK licence, and me emailing repeatedly, which got totally ignored. Kind of academic, as it was a very distant third choice of the three offers I had at the time, but it didn't bode well of what the company is like.
PS a salary deduction for training isn't really a bond, it's a charge... And it's taken from net (after tax) pay, so gross that up at 62% tax for Captain makes corrected gross pay about £93,000. For Captain, it made more sense to buy the rating up front.

Potatos_69
22nd Feb 2023, 10:55
PS a salary deduction for training isn't really a bond, it's a charge... And it's taken from net (after tax) pay, so gross that up at 62% tax for Captain makes corrected gross pay about £93,000. For Captain, it made more sense to buy the rating up front.

You’re wrong with this. The deduction is from gross pay not after tax, your basic salary is reduced for the period.

midnight cruiser
22nd Feb 2023, 12:37
Ok, it's changed or I was misinformed (by the then UK DFO, no less)! Anyway, paying ain't bonding. Plus pay up front and you're not locked in, though that makes less sense if the deductions are indeed from gross.

enzino
22nd Feb 2023, 17:46
It's worth noting that you get 50% of the bond back as a 'loyalty bonus' the first month after the end of the bonded period.

Brexoff
10th Mar 2023, 11:38
It’s not really a bond at all. They don’t make you sign anything.

Due to the lack of LTC’s and therefore a 2-3 months delay in line training; loads of freshly type rated FO’s have simply left with a TR & base training. Some to fly completely different A/C and there’s nothing the company can do about it.

An ex work colleague of mine has given up his flat in London and moved back to his parents for the last couple of months because he can’t afford the rent. (They only pay for HOTAC when you’re line training)

enzino
10th Mar 2023, 13:38
Would you like HOTAC to be paid for the whole career in your own base?

Captain-Random
10th Mar 2023, 13:48
Would you like HOTAC to be paid for the whole career in your own base?

No but If I did my base training in November and was told my line training would start in January so I rented a flat over the break for a month or so, to be then told it would be February and finally the end of March I would also be a little annoyed.

Brexoff
10th Mar 2023, 13:50
No but If I did my base training in November and was told my line training would start in January so I rented a flat over the break for a month or so, to be then told it would be February and finally the end of March I would also be a little annoyed.

we must know the same people :)

enzino
10th Mar 2023, 15:37
I also had my line training delayed when I started but I had HOTAC provided for the whole length of my training period. That meant grounding periods, too.

Looks like in Brexitland they manage it differently.

Brexoff
10th Mar 2023, 17:53
I also had my line training delayed when I started but I had HOTAC provided for the whole length of my training period. That meant grounding periods, too.

Looks like in Brexitland they manage it differently.

Yeah probably because can’t get a hotel around LGW for €5 a night 😅

enzino
10th Mar 2023, 19:08
I don't think you would pay that little for the Hiltons and Mercures they're using around the network either.

Bad luck mate.

pilotice
11th Mar 2023, 01:12
Does anyone know the status of Wizz HU now? Are there any bases reccommended and does anyone have updates on recent NTR FO Cadet level pay per month?

Potatos_69
12th Mar 2023, 19:05
Does anyone know the status of Wizz HU now? Are there any bases reccommended and does anyone have updates on recent NTR FO Cadet level pay per month?

You’re choice will be the best wizz destinations that everyone wants to go to… IAS, TIA, SCV, TSR etc. for how long? As long as you can survive there and if you upgrade to CPT you’ll go back there if you somehow manage to move to a base you like.

pilotice
12th Mar 2023, 23:49
So in other words. You think they are only getting new pilots through the pipeline to move to Romanian / albanian bases mostly? Is there any word on where pilots are most needed for the Wizz network as for now?

paleWhite
13th Mar 2023, 10:02
Hi, any LTN crew who could share a sample roster? Also privately, if you wish. Trying to figure out how commutable it could be.
Thank you for help!

pW

Giuff
13th Mar 2023, 13:13
So in other words. You think they are only getting new pilots through the pipeline to move to Romanian / albanian bases mostly? Is there any word on where pilots are most needed for the Wizz network as for now?

everywhere, as pilots are leaving on a daily basis

ptflying
13th Mar 2023, 14:21
everywhere, as pilots are leaving on a daily basis
does this apply to NTR FO? I thought recruitment has slowed down in the last months

Giuff
13th Mar 2023, 17:48
does this apply to NTR FO? I thought recruitment has slowed down in the last months

Of course. No trainers. Pilots flying max hours on a very disruptive roster. New entries are sent where they are needed the most.

Potatos_69
13th Mar 2023, 21:41
Hi, any LTN crew who could share a sample roster? Also privately, if you wish. Trying to figure out how commutable it could be.
Thank you for help!

pW

It’s either 6/4 fixed or random based roughly on a 6/4 roster. Additionally you’ll be random without CRDO for 3 months in summer + Christmas period even on fixed roster.

Summer will be uncommutable most likely as it will be a hot mess like last year.

If 6/4 is commutable to you then it could be doable for most of the year…

paleWhite
14th Mar 2023, 08:12
It’s either 6/4 fixed or random based roughly on a 6/4 roster. Additionally you’ll be random without CRDO for 3 months in summer + Christmas period even on fixed roster.

Summer will be uncommutable most likely as it will be a hot mess like last year.

If 6/4 is commutable to you then it could be doable for most of the year…

Thank you for the info. What's the outlook for the future? Is the management waiting for the total collapse of the operations or there any talks ongoing for finding some sensible fix?

pW

A321drvr
14th Mar 2023, 09:18
Thank you for the info. What's the outlook for the future? Is the management waiting for the total collapse of the operations or there any talks ongoing for finding some sensible fix?

pW

Not the kind of people who'd own their past mistakes. In fact the same faces are being reshuffled in BUD. New positions being created, old ones cancelled then recreated in a few years time just to see the same group of people behind a desk all over again. Ops, training, all alike.

Potatos_69
19th Mar 2023, 00:20

pW

company is hamstrung by its senior management and their very ex communist style of leadership. Crew are leaving as fast or even faster than they can be hired in the UK, not so sure about Europe but plenty of friends there aren’t happy and are looking to exit.

you won’t find a better bunch of people to work with on the front lines, but expecting nothing from management is still expecting too much of them.

They’re the only company I know that have deducted benefits instead of boosting them post covid…

Giuff
19th Mar 2023, 06:40
company is hamstrung by its senior management and their very ex communist style of leadership. Crew are leaving as fast or even faster than they can be hired in the UK, not so sure about Europe but plenty of friends there aren’t happy and are looking to exit.

you won’t find a better bunch of people to work with on the front lines, but expecting nothing from management is still expecting too much of them.

They’re the only company I know that have deducted benefits instead of boosting them post covid…

Absolutely correct. And also in EU people are leaving on a daily basis.
Summer will be a massacre with some 15% of the airframes without any crew.
Avoid.

Alloy
19th Mar 2023, 15:59
They have been cancelling summer flights already and not refunding the ticket money that is basically theft. It is also causing great inconvenience to many.

Many I know there are about to bail out.

Time Traveller
19th Mar 2023, 16:45
Various newspaper reports that bailiffs sent on non payment of refund court rulings just discovered a PO or mail box at the registered addresses. One guy only got results by sending the bailiffs to Luton airport and confiscate any wizz branded assets they could find!
How long can an airline continue like that, or the caa permit to continue like that?

Potatos_69
19th Mar 2023, 19:26
Various newspaper reports that bailiffs sent on non payment of refund court rulings just discovered a PO or mail box at the registered addresses. One guy only got results by sending the bailiffs to Luton airport and confiscate any wizz branded assets they could find!
How long can an airline continue like that, or the caa permit to continue like that?

CAA has already had words with the new HFO et al about it… I assume wizz will be doing all they can to keep them off their backs but when the UK operation has a HR department of 1/2 people for circa 800 staff… I expect their refund team doesn’t exist or is run in Hungary where they couldn’t care less…

Luray
19th Mar 2023, 20:19
I apologize for an off top question. Been thinking of applying for Wizzair screening but they have JOC requirement which I don't have. Most JOC training providers require MEP-IR meaning I have to go back to fly little piston twin and summing up all expenses it might be too much for a covid "retired-tired" pilot. I have around 2500 hours + previous airline experience with expired ATR tr. When I did my training JOC was not yet invented. Please advice on that JOC course, is MEP IR actually a hard caa requirement to enroll?
Thanks!

Potatos_69
20th Mar 2023, 10:46
I apologize for an off top question. Been thinking of applying for Wizzair screening but they have JOC requirement which I don't have. Most JOC training providers require MEP-IR meaning I have to go back to fly little piston twin and summing up all expenses it might be too much for a covid "retired-tired" pilot. I have around 2500 hours + previous airline experience with expired ATR tr. When I did my training JOC was not yet invented. Please advice on that JOC course, is MEP IR actually a hard caa requirement to enroll?
Thanks!

You’re gonna need the MEIR, MCC/JOC or your old ATR rating current to get a job with them most likely.

Chauderon
20th Mar 2023, 19:17
CAA has already had words with the new HFO et al about it… I assume wizz will be doing all they can to keep them off their backs but when the UK operation has a HR department of 1/2 people for circa 800 staff… I expect their refund team doesn’t exist or is run in Hungary where they couldn’t care less…

Should be easy for them to track down the HFO since he was an inspector at... the CAA

The temerity of this airline sending the bailiffs away saying they have no equipment or staff at Luton Airport - then the same staff meeting the new King there a few days later 🤯

Brexoff
23rd Mar 2023, 15:00
Heard from a current FO that 20+ newly recruited FO’s for UK bases have had their start dates pushed back until after summer due to lack of training capacity.

tsadkiPilot
25th Mar 2023, 16:28
For Cadet (NTR) positions, there is no JOC information in the requirements.
Can anyone who passes the assessment confirm that we need a JOC?

flyinginstrumental
4th Apr 2023, 12:33
Anyone has an idea of the salaries to expect for a F/O, SF/O, CPT based in Romania? As far as I know only local contracts are AVAIL. Would appreciate if someone could give some ballpark figures....

Potatos_69
5th Apr 2023, 16:30
Anyone has an idea of the salaries to expect for a F/O, SF/O, CPT based in Romania? As far as I know only local contracts are AVAIL. Would appreciate if someone could give some ballpark figures....

PPJN is your friend. It has all the info you need there. I think Romania is still country multiplier 1 so shouldn’t need to be adjusted

enzino
5th Apr 2023, 16:36
Romania's country multiplier is 1,45.

MOLBA
9th Apr 2023, 11:42
hello anyone has been called for NTR position cadet level WAH 4602 ? waiting long time ago but not a sign, any updates please

Cmd.Nuno
15th Apr 2023, 19:02
I got an invitation for an assessment but there aren't many or no dates available, do you know if there is a deadline to book the assessment?

Thank you!

Pinuz89
15th Apr 2023, 21:21
Hello folks,
Do you have any informations regarding chances to get an italian base, if successful in the assessment ?
Thank you

Potatos_69
16th Apr 2023, 03:32
Hello folks,
Do you have any informations regarding chances to get an italian base, if successful in the assessment ?
Thank you

Low. Expect Tirana or Romania, maybe somewhere else but I doubt much chance of getting the most wanted country on first joining…

MOLBA
16th Apr 2023, 08:28
I got an invitation for an assessment but there aren't many or no dates available, do you know if there is a deadline to book the assessment?

Thank you!

is it WAH 4602 ? The status in my application says : “ once we launch assessment days, you will be informed via email and you will have the chance to book. “
when did you receive the email please ?
thanks man!

i do not really know about the dates, or deadlines

enzino
16th Apr 2023, 10:31
Hello folks,
Thank you
Literally zero. You will be offered a base, TIA and OTP at the moment seem to be in most need, then you can apply for base change after your Final Check Release and wait your turn in the waiting list. Waiting time depends on base growth and movements (upgrades, base changes, resignations, etc.). Some are moving fast, some are at a stand still.

Cmd.Nuno
16th Apr 2023, 14:32
is it WAH 4602 ? The status in my application says : “ once we launch assessment days, you will be informed via email and you will have the chance to book. “
thanks man!

I don't know what do you mean by WAH 4602. I got an email on the 12th of April and I see that the dates available are just 3/4 days ahead. I need time to study and I fly as well so need some time to study. I was expecting to get some day in May. My application just says "complete your additional step" which is book the assessment.

Cmd.Nuno
16th Apr 2023, 14:34
Hello folks,
Thank you

I know one guy got Rome base after 2 months of his release.

franciscof98
17th Apr 2023, 09:46
thanks man!

I also got WAH 4602 and my status says the same, still no links to book the assessment. I also saw a print screen from a candidate that got invited to an assessment saying that the position he got invited to was about to be fullfiled for the headcount requirements for the entire year. and that new assents will be launched in some months only for 2024 candidates. Anyone can confirm this?

Maxlert
19th Apr 2023, 16:43
I got an Invitation for experienced FO‘s, but I get only Dates two days in advance. Somebody know if there will be any Assessments in June?

coolchicken
1st May 2023, 09:13
I got an Invitation for experienced FO‘s, but I get only Dates two days in advance. Somebody know if there will be any Assessments in June?
I'm in the same situation, waiting for new dates, any advise to get prepared?

larochoux
7th May 2023, 08:48
Hi,
Anyonw knew something about new pay scale / pay rise in W6 announced week ago? Started to be coneptitive finally with other LC?

BarryMG
7th May 2023, 11:48
Not worth mentioning - increase in sector pay only, basic and other elements stay the same. You might see 10% more overall in the busiest months, maybe 5% average across the whole year.

Giuff
7th May 2023, 12:19
Hi,
Anyonw knew something about new pay scale / pay rise in W6 announced week ago? Started to be coneptitive finally with other LC?

Not at all. Peanuts on variable pay. Bleeding pilots like crazy. Daily exodus. Some 40 acfts wet leased for summer.
Make your assumptions.

TBSC
7th May 2023, 15:37
Not at all. Peanuts on variable pay. Bleeding pilots like crazy. Daily exodus. Some 40 acfts wet leased for summer.
Make your assumptions.
Yep. They started to cancel (and reduce frequency of) peak season holiday flights, it will be another interesting summer. But hey, they will be PINK "Punctual, Innovative, New and Knowledgeable".

Giuff
7th May 2023, 15:40
Yep. They started to cancel (and reduce frequency of) peak season holiday flights, it will be another interesting summer .

Summer will be a massacre. I would not suggest wizz flights for holidays.
Hopefully by fall investors will take their decisions.
Otherwise diving steep into failure.

Giuff
7th May 2023, 15:43
Yep. They started to cancel (and reduce frequency of) peak season holiday flights, it will be another interesting summer. But hey, they will be PINK "Punctual, Innovative, New and Knowledgeable".

ah...they have no idea whatsoever.

PilotLZ
8th May 2023, 06:53
A slowdown in recruitment doesn't match well with the current situation, it seems. Or are they going to ground their own aircraft and rely on ACMI companies for a third summer in a row?

Giuff
8th May 2023, 09:46
A slowdown in recruitment doesn't match well with the current situation, it seems. Or are they going to ground their own aircraft and rely on ACMI companies for a third summer in a row?

That is obvious. And rely also on people flying from off.

Hogos
8th May 2023, 10:43
Dear guys,
I have been shortlisted for an assessment for Wizz last week.
I can't actually book any dates in the near future, because the only date available is fully booked.
I want to be straight: 2 years ago the pass rate was ridiculously low (6/7 successful candidates out of 35/40 each sitting) I've been unsuccessful at that time.
But 2 years ago was a different scenario, and also my experience was lower.
What could I expect now ?
I fancy join Wizz but with already another job and other 3 offers, I don't want to waste my time and maybe to fail because of the colour of my tie ( you know what I mean).

Giuff
8th May 2023, 11:06
Dear guys,
I have been shortlisted for an assessment for Wizz last week.
I can't actually book any dates in the near future, because the only date available is fully booked.
I want to be straight: 2 years ago the pass rate was ridiculously low (6/7 successful candidates out of 35/40 each sitting) I've been unsuccessful at that time.
But 2 years ago was a different scenario, and also my experience was lower.
What could I expect now ?
I fancy join Wizz but with already another job and other 3 offers, I don't want to waste my time and maybe to fail because of the colour of my tie ( you know what I mean).

If you have a job and 3 other options, do not waste your time. It won't be any better.

PilotLZ
8th May 2023, 12:13
Can anyone shed any light on actual pass rates these days? They've been historically low with Wizz.

Hogos
8th May 2023, 13:24
If you have a job and 3 other options, do not waste your time. It won't be any better.

The reson why I fancy wizz is for my future upgrade (even if not soon), and maybe to get closer home one day.
I know that shifts are exhausting, and I'll be squeezed like a lemon, but it's good to move on quicker.
Anyway I was curious to know how much is the actual demand and the pass rate nowadays.
Thank you

Giuff
8th May 2023, 17:50
The reson why I fancy wizz is for my future upgrade (even if not soon), and maybe to get closer home one day.
I know that shifts are exhausting, and I'll be squeezed like a lemon, but it's good to move on quicker.
Anyway I was curious to know how much is the actual demand and the pass rate nowadays.
Thank you

if you wish and happy to be squeezed, flying max hrs nearly illegally, well, thats your place then.
Good luck for your upgrade. Best.
Aviation is doomed.

roll_over
8th May 2023, 17:52
if you wish and happy to be squeezed, flying max hrs nearly illegally, well, thats your place then.
Good luck for your upgrade. Best.
Aviation is doomed.

On the plus side I heard the pension is pretty decent and the selection process is quite relaxed!

Giuff
8th May 2023, 17:53
On the plus side I heard the pension is pretty decent and the selection process is quite relaxed!

Yep. Sure.

PilotLZ
9th May 2023, 15:24
Speaking of the NASA-level assessment, didn't they get some hard cash from the Hungarian government for every assessed candidate at some point shortly after COVID? There was some hangar talk about this, but surely over a year ago. Basically, rumours were that the Hungarian government had some program for post-COVID unemployment reduction in place and they paid Hungarian-based companies for each interviewed job candidate as part of it. I cannot swear that this was true, but I've heard it from more than one source. In case it was indeed true, it made lots of sense to interview people in bulk for what was just a handful of positions. Does anyone have any more information on that matter?

Nikker
9th May 2023, 20:51
Speaking of the NASA-level assessment, didn't they get some hard cash from the Hungarian government for every assessed candidate at some point shortly after COVID? There was some hangar talk about this, but surely over a year ago. Basically, rumours were that the Hungarian government had some program for post-COVID unemployment reduction in place and they paid Hungarian-based companies for each interviewed job candidate as part of it. I cannot swear that this was true, but I've heard it from more than one source. In case it was indeed true, it made lots of sense to interview people in bulk for what was just a handful of positions. Does anyone have any more information on that matter?
Yes,there was one guy in telegram group who was trying to convince everyone that they sponsor tourism like that.
The way I see it, Hungary received 14.2 million tourists last year. I guess most of them spent more than 1-2 nights in Ibis hotel near Wizz Training Center. Imagine paying after that for few thousand jobless individuals who will stay in a middle of nowhere for 48(if passed the first day:}) hours and leave. Not to mention Hungarian government never made any favors for this airline.

Should I even mention that that guy who was behind this conspiracy theory didn't pass his assessment ?:ugh:

TBSC
9th May 2023, 20:53
There was no such incentives announced by the government nor any related info reported by media outlets (the ones still in touch with reality).

Flyr22
23rd May 2023, 05:22
Hello,

I will start my modular training soon. Does anyone what the assessment pass rate for NTR FO cadet level is (200 TT) ? Can one reapply after a failed assessment and what is the cooldown period? Also how likely is it to get the LCA base?

​​​

Flyr22
23rd May 2023, 08:16
Would the person who PMed me the 15/86 figures PM me his username again? The message got deleted instead of archived..

SierraTangoBravo
23rd May 2023, 11:21
Hello!

Hello,
I will start my modular training soon. Does anyone what the assessment pass rate for NTR FO cadet level is (200 TT) ?
​​​
Around 15% normally.

Can one reapply after a failed assessment and what is the cooldown period?
​​​
Depends on the stage you failed. Usually 12 months.

Also how likely is it to get the LCA base?
​​​
You probably wouldn't get LCA as a first base, but you can jump to waitlist and wait for a base change. It may take up to 1 year for FO to get a desired base, but really depends on current situation
If you are starting now your traning, probably tou will get your license and ratings in 2025, which is too far for estimations. A lot of things may change until that time.

Good luck!

CaptSim
27th May 2023, 15:21
hey guys.. any idea if wizz air is currently recruiting experienced a320 captains for Vienna base.. thanks heaps.. i would like to apply but in the job application it does not say anything regarding vienna base etc..

enzino
28th May 2023, 08:53
You can forget about Vienna base. The waiting list for Vienna is the longest in the network.

PilotLZ
28th May 2023, 09:56
I've heard of waiting times upwards of 5 years for BUD, VIE, WAW, LCA and other highly desirable bases.

enzino
28th May 2023, 09:58
They have introduced floating patterns from some of those bases.

FourWinds
29th May 2023, 19:26
Hi guys! Is there any recruiting at the moment on Wizz?
I've joined the cadet F/O application months ago but I still have no news. I know from a few friends that applied later last year that were mailed to visit Wizz. Any news on future processes being known?
Thanks in advance

zdek91
30th May 2023, 07:24
Hi all

Do anyone knows if some interview dates are planned to appera in June evenmore for July please ? So long to not be able to apply for one from April now...

Cheers guys

tiredofwalking
30th May 2023, 07:56
Hi guys! Is there any recruiting at the moment on Wizz?
I've joined the cadet F/O application months ago but I still have no news. I know from a few friends that applied later last year that were mailed to visit Wizz. Any news on future processes being known?
Thanks in advance
Same situation for me. status is still "we are reviewing all the applications"

JoeDarke
31st May 2023, 06:20
I checked my job application and it's listed as "invited to Assessment Day". However, I have not received any further emails. Do they reach out via email or is there a different process?

iconflyer
6th Jun 2023, 14:33
Any information about the interview process and level of difficulty compared to the past (which was reported being negative with low pass rate) any help would be appreciated.
Do they have any fast track program for NTR experienced FOs and what would be the time required for future upgrades?

RudderTrimZero
6th Jun 2023, 16:17
Was there not too long ago. Same experience as reported. About 30 people show up, massive sales pitch by some jumped up guy who they made captain at 23 probably and thinks he's God's gift to aviation. A rushed tech interview where you can't finish your sentence before the next question. Only 25% make it to the sim. I didn't get the offer. Since then, I interviewed with 2 better companies and got two job offers. More pay, better rosters and much more friendly atmosphere.

Oasis
7th Jun 2023, 08:09
You slogged your way though your atpl’s, only to be retested by a substandard airline.

what is the point of this?

to make sure you actually sat your exams? To see how impervious you are to abuse?

who needs that noise.

TBSC
9th Jun 2023, 20:49
Adieu no-return policy. Must be desperate.

booze
10th Jun 2023, 01:11
Adieu no-return policy. Must be desperate.
Indeed it's waived. I wouldn't go back, though...

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1080x1081/screenshot_2023_06_10_07_43_40_39_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c 5773a4_ccdefea0d02e0c77a7c5de38e4a16334cb571a4b.jpg

Alrosa
10th Jun 2023, 09:37
Sounds like a bit of a parent-child relationship at Wizz….

Indeed it's waived. I wouldn't go back, though...

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1080x1081/screenshot_2023_06_10_07_43_40_39_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c 5773a4_ccdefea0d02e0c77a7c5de38e4a16334cb571a4b.jpg

Job Knockey
10th Jun 2023, 11:05
They are on their knees with almost zero applicants to fly their aircraft.

The waiving of the no return policy is a desperate, doomed, last ditch attempt to stave off the disaster that is looming - and shows an unwillingness (or inability) to move away from being the worst paid airline out there.

No significant numbers of returners will show up.

TBSC
10th Jun 2023, 13:54
With the 535 million loss just reported for the fiscal year 2023 they are not in a position to raise. Something has to give though.

skianyn vannin
10th Jun 2023, 15:25
Any chance of getting in as DEC having now flown for 3 years? 10k+ TT, 6000 on type, 5500 command on type. UK licence.
Yes I am desperate.

Cheers

TBSC
10th Jun 2023, 15:48
Yes I am desperate.
For the record I didn't mean the people looking for a job but the company.

Giuff
10th Jun 2023, 16:04
They are on their knees with almost zero applicants to fly their aircraft.

The waiving of the no return policy is a desperate, doomed, last ditch attempt to stave off the disaster that is looming - and shows an unwillingness (or inability) to move away from being the worst paid airline out there.

No significant numbers of returners will show up.

100% agree.

A321drvr
10th Jun 2023, 22:10
I'm not trying to be the devil's advocate, far from it, really. Can't think of a reason to go back, however their massive attrition could be mitigated with very little to no financial impact, if that's what prevents it (highly doubt it - it's more like the spiteful minions in BUD). Examples: reinstate full and unlimited positive space travel for commuters, how about throwing it in for their immediate family members too and the list of cheap to no cost conveniences could go on and on. Making life bearable on the line, easing commuting, granting vacation in a reasonable due time goes a long way and might make some change their minds on leaving.

Oasis
11th Jun 2023, 09:57
Market forces.. Lots of UK airlines hiring at the moment

Giuff
11th Jun 2023, 14:11
I'm not trying to be the devil's advocate, far from it, really. Can't think of a reason to go back, however their massive attrition could be mitigated with very little to no financial impact, if that's what prevents it (highly doubt it - it's more like the spiteful minions in BUD). Examples: reinstate full and unlimited positive space travel for commuters, how about throwing it in for their immediate family members too and the list of cheap to no cost conveniences could go on and on. Making life bearable on the line, easing commuting, granting vacation in a reasonable due time goes a long way and might make some change their minds on leaving.

Wishful thinking.

Sick
11th Jun 2023, 15:38
The phrase "once bitten, twice shy" comes to mind.

And is there any reason to believe they conduct their business WRT to their employees any better than they do to their customers? Can't see the UK branch lasting in it's present form, (although it might be a back door to easyJet, BA or anyone else who fancies a pre packaged presence at Gatwick and Luton?)

Crewing Gimp
12th Jun 2023, 15:50
Can't see the UK branch lasting in it's present form, (although it might be a back door to easyJet, BA or anyone else who fancies a pre packaged presence at Gatwick and Luton?)

Why won’t it last? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Alloy
14th Jun 2023, 16:07
I can understand Sick's logic of questioning if Wizzair UK will survive in it's present form, indeed I wonder how close they are to the point of no return. Wizzair Uk does not appear to be making money, rather they now have a strong reputation in the UK for being totally unreliable and should be avoided at all costs unless there is no alternative. When things go wrong their reputation seems sealed for being very difficult to impossible to deal with and get refunds (I have bitter experience of this and am still waiting many months for reimbursement for cancelled flights and will only book with them again under great duress as I consider them a bunch of thieves - they were the cheapest, most convenient option recently but I took my booking elsewhere). To add to this, they have huge employee retention problems, apparently the latest Jet2 pilot induction courses are only filled with WizzairUK pilots. Once a brand is trashed, it is very hard and expensive to recover the situation, but by being sold and rebranded, lots of the UK side of operations could;d perhaps start afresh?

A321drvr
28th Jun 2023, 08:58
Sign-on (10k) and retention (40k) bonuses announced for the less desirable bases: SKP, IAS, SCV and KUT. Not sure on the FO figures.

booze
2nd Jul 2023, 01:13
There you go, figures for both seats
​​​​​​
It's paid over a 3 yr period staying at the specific base. Oh, and it's gross, of course.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1294x735/screenshot_2023_07_02_10_08_48_20_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c 5773a4_836da23f59cb2fd86f15e7d04c5667aed9238bf5.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1303x745/screenshot_2023_07_02_10_09_05_71_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c 5773a4_de65ad0093a306e0e3694cf4bdb66cd2e5d0a0b2.jpg

Aviation12345
4th Jul 2023, 08:28
Hello, anybody have info regarding the latest payment and conditions for Abu Dhabi base ?

cheachez
15th Jul 2023, 13:31
Is this accurate?
https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Wizz_Air_UK

cheachez
15th Jul 2023, 13:43
Is ppjn.com for wizz uk accurate?

TogaToFLs
3rd Aug 2023, 13:40
Has anyone over 35 years old ever got selected as a low hour cadet?

380Mrat
3rd Aug 2023, 15:30
Go through their website. I don't think they have a limit.You will pay.

TogaToFLs
3rd Aug 2023, 15:32
Go through their website. I don't think they have a limit.You will pay.

I know in theory they don't... But I am yet to hear of anyone over 35 ever be selected or even gone through to SIM assessment

PS: I mean second officer entry with fATPL, not a PPL under their cadet scheme.

380Mrat
3rd Aug 2023, 19:29
Frozen ATPL does not count for much. It is not an ATPL till you get the necessary experience. You will have stiff competition from candidates with thousands of hours jet time. I think they do prefere younger but type rated. It is not tye best Airline option. Ryan Air,Esy Jet and Jet2 are better.

TogaToFLs
4th Aug 2023, 10:43
Frozen ATPL does not count for much. It is not an ATPL till you get the necessary experience. You will have stiff competition from candidates with thousands of hours jet time. I think they do prefere younger but type rated. It is not tye best Airline option. Ryan Air,Esy Jet and Jet2 are better.

They are advertising for positions on their website though, as First Officer - Non-Type Rated - Cadet Level.

lowtech77
11th Aug 2023, 10:32
can you share the telegram group please

TinFoilhat2
11th Aug 2023, 10:38
I have a frozen ATPL (Greek Licence) and I am a UK passport holder. I currently fly the 747 on my FAA ATP for a US cargo carrier but I am married to a Romanian woman who wishes to return to Europe.

I have 7000 hours of which 5000 are jet, a mixed bag of 747, 767, CRJ and E190 but I’m not A320 rated, I am also 50 years of age and would like to know if I would realistically stand a chancel or are they after all the young up and coming Eastern European pilots only?

I started late in aviation, well into my 30s and just wonder if they see a pilot like me not fitting in with the younger crowd.

A320251N
11th Aug 2023, 11:01
Are you sure about leaving a 747 Cargo Job ($$) in the US to fly for a European ULCC?

I'm pretty sure you stand a chance, but I wouldn't do this...

Giuff
11th Aug 2023, 11:31
Dont even think for a second to leave a safe US job to fly with the pink brigade man.
You would regret it forever.

JliderPilot
11th Aug 2023, 12:10
I have a frozen ATPL (Greek Licence) and I am a UK passport holder. I currently fly the 747 on my FAA ATP for a US cargo carrier but I am married to a Romanian woman who wishes to return to Europe.

I have 7000 hours of which 5000 are jet, a mixed bag of 747, 767, CRJ and E190 but I’m not A320 rated, I am also 50 years of age and would like to know if I would realistically stand a chancel or are they after all the young up and coming Eastern European pilots only?

I started late in aviation, well into my 30s and just wonder if they see a pilot like me not fitting in with the younger crowd.

Wizz would definitely be interested and your age won’t be a factor.

RARA9
11th Aug 2023, 12:32

get a Divorce and you can pay it off faster by staying in the US . Jokes aside don’t do it please !
Or just take early retirement? Then move

AIMINGHIGH123
11th Aug 2023, 19:12

You would be mad to give that up!!

Is commuting not an option? I reckon even if you went 50% at your current outfit you will still be on more than Wizz full time FO.
Or
OneAir?
Uk Cargo 747 start up. Not sure about your license issue but uk passport holder helps.

Vulka
11th Aug 2023, 21:21
Alis Cargo Italy

TinFoilhat2
12th Aug 2023, 22:31
Thank you for the replies guys, definitely food for thought. I was under the impression that things had improved at Wizz, better salaries, schedules, basing options etc.

Clearly I’m mistaken on this so thank you for the input. Yes commuting is an option which I do now but from Australia to wherever any of our planes may be anywhere in the world and it gets tiring real fast. 17 on and 13 off but I’m permanently jet lagged and as we fly a heavy crew always (4 pilots) we really struggle to get our take off and landings in due to long sectors and always planning around who is about to expire on their 3 take off and landings every 3 months.

On the plus side I literally fly all over the world and do get to see a lot. However there is something to be said for short haul flying which makes it better in my opinion and that is getting off the plane every couple hours, even if it’s for 10 min just to stretch your legs and get some fresh air. Plus your skills stay sharper due to flying a lot in terms of take off and approaches and landings.

Plus going home after work to see your family is nice if you have kids like me. I’m trying for Cargolux as well as they seem to be good with decent schedules but hard to get into and no hiring going on at present.

Not sure what Easyjet is like but Ryanair is a definite no. If anybody else has any good advice I’m all ears, thanks again for the input.

hans brinker
13th Aug 2023, 02:32
Thank you for the replies guys, definitely food for thought. I was under the impression that things had improved at Wizz, better salaries, schedules, basing options etc.

Clearly I’m mistaken on this so thank you for the input. Yes commuting is an option which I do now but from Australia to wherever any of our planes may be anywhere in the world and it gets tiring real fast. 17 on and 13 off but I’m permanently jet lagged and as we fly a heavy crew always (4 pilots) we really struggle to get our take off and landings in due to long sectors and always planning around who is about to expire on their 3 take off and landings every 3 months.

On the plus side I literally fly all over the world and do get to see a lot. However there is something to be said for short haul flying which makes it better in my opinion and that is getting off the plane every couple hours, even if it’s for 10 min just to stretch your legs and get some fresh air. Plus your skills stay sharper due to flying a lot in terms of take off and approaches and landings.

Plus going home after work to see your family is nice if you have kids like me. I’m trying for Cargolux as well as they seem to be good with decent schedules but hard to get into and no hiring going on at present.

Not sure what Easyjet is like but Ryanair is a definite no. If anybody else has any good advice I’m all ears, thanks again for the input.

So, I would rate Ryanair above wizz personally, just based on PPrune. Do think Ryan is home every night and 5-4-5-3 or something like that schedule CMIIAW. Have friends at Eazy that are pretty happy. But I would not try to commute in Europe so base would definitely be important. Infrastructure just not like the US for that. Worked there for years, granted a decade ago, but really doubt anything has gotten better.
I commuted from the US and while tolerable on a 10-5 schedule it wasn't awesome, and I am sure as we get older it doesn't get easier. Where are you now? And I have people at cargolux if you need an in or info. Don't think you will ever make as much there as here, and consider how social security would be affected if you leave the US. And you would still have to file for taxes in the us, but married you would be exempt for the first $200K. Lots of things I learned the hard (=spelling:"expensive") way ...

JliderPilot
13th Aug 2023, 16:42
Lots of Wizz bashing on here. Go in with your eyes open and you won’t then be disappointed.

Wizz has improved the salary and the offer to the pilots. bonus recently paid. Roster has also improved and further choices (incl part time option) are coming early next year. Tbh if you are happy with the location of the base then there is not much between Wizz and EasyJet. Both have their negatives, don’t get me wrong there are improvements to be made for sure.

plus as pilots are we ever really happy with the company 🤔

Wizz training is of a high standard with most of the simulator instructors being freelance and independent, in the U.K. anyway they are training EasyJet pilots as well. Two sector days are the norm being home every night. They do work you hard sometimes so I would suggest max 30min commute to the airport. Horses for courses.

happy flying guys.

Chauderon
13th Aug 2023, 17:00
Horses for courses indeed, it wasn't for this one. If you're happy with it, I'm happy for you.

Vulka
13th Aug 2023, 19:27
Norwegian also recently reopened recruitment!
one of the best airline to work with! The best you can find apart the majors!

Again...
Alis Cargo has been recently purchased by MSC which is huge and powerful group.
They announced huge expansion plan.

good luck

Basologie
18th Aug 2023, 18:31
If you have some time before apply for united. Bid for the 777/787 as FO as quickly as possible and commute through frankfurt. Plenty of planes going direct daily there and one or two flights a day from FRA to SKP with good pay and decent time off could work for you.

ArisMark
24th Aug 2023, 18:00
hello people,

Do you know how I can apply for Wizz pilot selection day on Budapest at 4 of September? or any relevant information for the event ??

THANKS

eren.
31st Aug 2023, 07:25
one thing i found out too late is JOC is not mandatory even though they state it as a requirement on their assessment day checklist

TogaToFLs
31st Aug 2023, 15:09
Lots of Wizz bashing on here. Go in with your eyes open and you won’t then be disappointed.

Wizz has improved the salary and the offer to the pilots. bonus recently paid. Roster has also improved and further choices (incl part time option) are coming early next year. Tbh if you are happy with the location of the base then there is not much between Wizz and EasyJet. Both have their negatives, don’t get me wrong there are improvements to be made for sure.

plus as pilots are we ever really happy with the company 🤔

Wizz training is of a high standard with most of the simulator instructors being freelance and independent, in the U.K. anyway they are training EasyJet pilots as well. Two sector days are the norm being home every night. They do work you hard sometimes so I would suggest max 30min commute to the airport. Horses for courses.

happy flying guys.

​​​​​​At which ATO in the UK?

stable_checked
6th Sep 2023, 18:14
How much can I expect to earn as Y1 Captain?

Is basic still at €45000?

In an average year how much is total variable pay?

I’ve heard that wizz also contribute towards your tax bill in some bases? Ie they pay an extra gross amount on your salary.

TIA

enzino
6th Sep 2023, 22:32
You got it wrong. In Italy an expatriate you are entitled to be taxed only 30% (10% in South Italy) on your salary for a period of 5 years, but to be honest it is not 100% clear whether foreigners are entitled to it or not. The tax man may knock on your door one day.

Actually, the whole thing is not crystal clear for all of crew members working on aircraft and ships.

randon
7th Sep 2023, 15:21
Are they offering italian bases for new joiners?

enzino
7th Sep 2023, 22:05
I hope not! There are waiting lists for Italian bases.

motardos
8th Sep 2023, 08:40
Does anyone know if EU passport is a strict requirement?

Nikker
9th Sep 2023, 15:50
Does anyone know if EU passport is a strict requirement?
It's written right in application page:
Unrestricted right to live and work in the EU or Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, North Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom

OR

Pinuz89
10th Sep 2023, 08:45
Hi guys,
Maybe this question has been posted many times, sorry to bother you again.
I will go soon for a Wizz assessments, and despite I know the demands of pilot is high (at least this is what I heard from wizz pilot), I would like to ask you how are the pass rates looking like at this time, and if I will be successful which are the most probable bases ?

Thank you I appreciate your replies.

burnable gomi
22nd Sep 2023, 10:10
Is this an accurate salary estimate? GBP150k + for year 1 captains? If so, Wizz seems to have upped their pay significantly. Are Easy, Ryanair, Jet2, etc. similar?

https://www.flightdeckfriend.com/why-should-you-work-for-wizz-air-uk/

Potatos_69
22nd Sep 2023, 23:45
Is this an accurate salary estimate? GBP150k + for year 1 captains? If so, Wizz seems to have upped their pay significantly. Are Easy, Ryanair, Jet2, etc. similar?

https://www.flightdeckfriend.com/why-should-you-work-for-wizz-air-uk/

Possibly, depends on how much you fly. If you work max hours and sell some off days you can probably earn that year 1.

the previous monthly average was basic 5000GBP 40K km per month so that would be approx ~4700GBP and 30 sectors so ~2000GBP

so 140k gross for a year 1 captain and 5000 increase in base every 1000 hours in the operation. (It stops at 5000-10000 hours)

the money keeps going up but people keep leaving because the job is still crap in most respects.

Very low stability in rosters with many changes, they’ll expect you to go into discretion and you’ll spend your nights flying TLV, SSH, AMM return sectors on 14 hour days.

if you’re in the UK, go to J2or EZ over WUK.

ALPHA 69
26th Sep 2023, 05:12
Any news about this new flexible rosters , 15 on/15 off , signing bonus and so on? It seems like they are a pretty desperate to get pilots, is there any reliable source who can provide information what the current situation is in Wizzair and how much are salary with this new offers and which are those sekected bases they mentionon their ads?

Giuff
26th Sep 2023, 06:35
Any news about this new flexible rosters , 15 on/15 off , signing bonus and so on? It seems like they are a pretty desperate to get pilots, is there any reliable source who can provide information what the current situation is in Wizzair and how much are salary with this new offers and which are those sekected bases they mentionon their ads?

no such a roster in WZZ.

A321drvr
26th Sep 2023, 06:52
Plenty of fancy magenta presentations on expected salary, roster and basing to lure in candidates.

Reality check is needed however: granted some of the pilots already on property are seeing improvements but the majority is still on base waitlists, their rosters are messed up due to allocated out of base flying and constantly missing their commute as delays and roster changes are ops normal atm.

Things won't change until all the perks listed on these magenta headed presentations make their way into actual employment contracts. Until then these ppt-s, and pdf-s are the easiest things to retract or to make irrelevant due to operational needs.

Giuff
26th Sep 2023, 13:18
Hi guys,
Maybe this question has been posted many times, sorry to bother you again.
I will go soon for a Wizz assessments, and despite I know the demands of pilot is high (at least this is what I heard from wizz pilot), I would like to ask you how are the pass rates looking like at this time, and if I will be successful which are the most probable bases ?

Thank you I appreciate your replies.

are you Captain or FO?
Plenty of cadets that will sit and wait until next year to start.
Experienced FOs are enough at the moment.
DECs are still needed.

BarryMG
26th Sep 2023, 15:43
Most of these new roster options will be available from next year only. 15/15 only in the least popular bases (Georgia, Albania, Romania). Bonus - again, only for committing to stay for 3 years in those unpopular bases.

ALPHA 69
29th Sep 2023, 11:35
A lot of chit chat and rumors in this thread, but not valiable information.Is there anyone inside wizzair, who can really tell what the current situation is, what are the salariea for FO, time to command and how is working with these new flexible rosters, Im very curious about that 15 days on 15 off. Can someone bring some light to this thread. Thanks in advance

Giuff
29th Sep 2023, 12:02
A lot of chit chat and rumors in this thread, but not valiable information.Is there anyone inside wizzair, who can really tell what the current situation is, what are the salariea for FO, time to command and how is working with these new flexible rosters, Im very curious about that 15 days on 15 off. Can someone bring some light to this thread. Thanks in advance

All above is the current situation.

Oblivion67
3rd Oct 2023, 14:03
Hi Guys,

I applied and received an assessment date in December.

But it seems the email address is a "No reply/No return" address. I had intended to request some more info from them once they had accepted my application.

For example, I am only interested to attend if the 15/15 roster is on the table, and with that, I would need to know the salary in say Romania.

Also for Non Type Rated Captains, are they going to cover the cost of the TR, or how does that work?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

OB

VFR4EVER
3rd Oct 2023, 14:29
Also for Non Type Rated Captains, are they going to cover the cost of the TR, or how does that work?

As far as I know, it's a 3 years bond.

Potatos_69
3rd Oct 2023, 16:22
As far as I know, it's a 3 years bond.

That you pay back over the 3 years. So really it’s a 3 year long deduction in salary.

kalimera
24th Oct 2023, 04:43
Hi,

Does anyone know if I could apply for wizz air with a Canadian passport? This is what I found on the Internet: Citizens of the United States, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, and Switzerland, as well as citizens within the EU, do not need to apply for a work visa for Europe. However, upon arrival in the country where they will be working, they do need to apply for a residence and work permit.

enzino
24th Oct 2023, 07:03
I reckon you would be eligible for work only in Albania, but still it would be a headache for them because they need their crew to be able to go out of base without any issues.
Wizz Air Abu Dhabi should not be an issue.

kalimera
24th Oct 2023, 07:27
I reckon you would be eligible for work only in Albania, but still it would be a headache for them because they need their crew to be able to go out of base without any issues.
Wizz Air Abu Dhabi should not be an issue.

thank you! Do you know if I could reach them and ask about the passport issue? I am currently in Canada and there is no open day here.

enzino
24th Oct 2023, 08:06
I see them making posts on LinkedIn sometimes. Maybe try to post your question under their posts.

They held open days in South America, but that part of the world is full of people that have Spanish and Italian heritage and thus have Spanish and Italian passports. Others were recruited for Wizz Air Abu Dhabi.

papalovesjumbo
9th Nov 2023, 14:20
So coming back to pprune after longtime and skipped a lot pages as its crazy time consuming.
almost 2 years in the company now. And had ups and downs for me but overall pretty happy with Wzz although I understand that grass could be greener like everywhere else.

Really not other crazy options around better except your own country’s major or go to Ezy at your homebase.
In an Eu market where ryr charging 30-40k for type rating and/or expensive aps mcc and then no salary till base teaining, no yearly bonus despite billions profit, crew meals, tightening the belt over flight crew to the max. Im quite happy my only consern is our local GH is payed peanuts and we have gpu or bus delayed.
1,5 years in company in 2 years upgrade if I work hard.
Im also lucky where Im based we dont have double tax issues and My net local contract salary as a junior Fo with bond payment deducted etc has never been less than 3.2k most had 3.7k. (SFO goes around 4.5k-5-5k) net values…
other jfo friends in otherbases remain around 2.5k depending on the flying and/or contract. Im only telling my personal situation.

Regarding fatigue, you are around 900h/year like most lowcost. FOs are okay but Captains are still going 90-100h/month but I fly with more and more happy captains with reverse roster, I fly with one and come back with the other. So those magenta presentations are slowly being implemented and actually makes a the difference.

the unhappy people are right because their situation is different. I have no kids or wife at home. So I settled in my base. But if you have kids in west where you dont have direct wizz flight, you can suffer.

I realized only unhappy people (sometimes rightfully) make their way to pprune and I wanted to be an exception.

Anyway there is no company in eu other than some legacies where you sign the contract and pack your bag, print your boarding pass received from company, show up at TR location where a company driver takes you to company booked hotel with some training salary dropping since day one and at 4th year upgrade perspectives.

overall good compay for my profile.

cheers

Nikker
9th Nov 2023, 14:42
Agree with papalovesjumbo .

I was fired from wizz during covid only to be recalled a year later and yet I don't hate this company as much as pprune.
SFO net salary on my contract 5,5k on average. 6,5k in summer with 100h/28d. If you go out-of-base you can add 1-2k on top depending on the base. Commuting sucks as much as everywhere else. Rest like papalovesjumbo mentioned.

Yes,it is indeed pissed pilots rumor network.

5strypes
9th Nov 2023, 18:13
So coming back to pprune after longtime and skipped a lot pages as its crazy time consuming.
almost 2 years in the company now. And had ups and downs for me but overall pretty happy with Wzz although I understand that grass could be greener like everywhere else.

Really not other crazy options around better except your own country’s major or go to Ezy at your homebase.
In an Eu market where ryr charging 30-40k for type rating and/or expensive aps mcc and then no salary till base teaining, no yearly bonus despite billions profit, crew meals, tightening the belt over flight crew to the max. Im quite happy my only consern is our local GH is payed peanuts and we have gpu or bus delayed.
1,5 years in company in 2 years upgrade if I work hard.
Im also lucky where Im based we dont have double tax issues and My net local contract salary as a junior Fo with bond payment deducted etc has never been less than 3.2k most had 3.7k. (SFO goes around 4.5k-5-5k) net values…
other jfo friends in otherbases remain around 2.5k depending on the flying and/or contract. Im only telling my personal situation.

Regarding fatigue, you are around 900h/year like most lowcost. FOs are okay but Captains are still going 90-100h/month but I fly with more and more happy captains with reverse roster, I fly with one and come back with the other. So those magenta presentations are slowly being implemented and actually makes a the difference.

the unhappy people are right because their situation is different. I have no kids or wife at home. So I settled in my base. But if you have kids in west where you dont have direct wizz flight, you can suffer.

I realized only unhappy people (sometimes rightfully) make their way to pprune and I wanted to be an exception.

Anyway there is no company in eu other than some legacies where you sign the contract and pack your bag, print your boarding pass received from company, show up at TR location where a company driver takes you to company booked hotel with some training salary dropping since day one and at 4th year upgrade perspectives.

overall good compay for my profile.

cheers
What would you say is an average take home pay for a captain? And does it differ wildly with Wizz UK?

Giuff
10th Nov 2023, 07:27
Agree with papalovesjumbo .

I was fired from wizz during covid only to be recalled a year later and yet I don't hate this company as much as pprune.
SFO net salary on my contract 5,5k on average. 6,5k in summer with 100h/28d. If you go out-of-base you can add 1-2k on top depending on the base. Commuting sucks as much as everywhere else. Rest like papalovesjumbo mentioned.

Yes,it is indeed pissed pilots rumor network.

Curious.
you make those numbers only selling your rest days and outside EU in some funny eastern base.
Where do you pay taxes and SS btw?
Did you start in Wizzair?
Why would somebody have to go OOB to make more money is still a mistery to me.
Wzz still offer the lowest terms in the business.
I think they know it.

TorqueStripe
11th Nov 2023, 07:18

Nobody has to go out of base. But what's wrong of the company to offer extra incentive for people willing to help out at and at the same time experience a different base/country from time to time?
I'm actually surprised about this desire to work in aviation, but at the same time never leave home and sleep in one's own bed every night - but then again, I'm an old-ish git that started flying more than 2 decades ago and have worked on 5 continents. Especially in the low cost world with no layovers, what (besides IG for the younger generation) is so appealing about sitting in a tube all day, flying thousands of miles, but not going anywhere and not experiencing other cultures, food, countries?

Lepo
11th Nov 2023, 07:59
Nobody has to go out of base. But what's wrong of the company to offer extra incentive for people willing to help out at and at the same time experience a different base/country from time to time?
I'm actually surprised about this desire to work in aviation, but at the same time never leave home and sleep in one's own bed every night - but then again, I'm an old-ish git that started flying more than 2 decades ago and have worked on 5 continents. Especially in the low cost world with no layovers, what (besides IG for the younger generation) is so appealing about sitting in a tube all day, flying thousands of miles, but not going anywhere and not experiencing other cultures, food, countries?

I understand your point and agree with you, but we are human beings and, as such, have different preferences, personalities and priorities.
Some people want to be home as much as possible with their families, they may have young kids, sick relatives or it might fit better their lifestyle.
Others enjoy flying to different destinations, having a layover and seeing different places.
Others want to make as much money as possible regardless of lifestyle because money is their priority at that point in life.

And the same person will change over time. He or she might prioritize one thing at a certain age and something else once he/she is older, so you will always have people complaining about their jobs since most airlines won't offer contracts that address all those different lifestyles/preferences.

flightbooking
11th Nov 2023, 08:43

I fly regularly with colleagues coming from other airlines and according to their stories the above statement is not true.

papalovesjumbo
11th Nov 2023, 10:07
What would you say is an average take home pay for a captain? And does it differ wildly with Wizz UK?

I dont know about UK but my base (eastern but in EU), captains are around 8,5 yearly avarage net. Every 1000h PIC hours you get extra 4k on your yearly basic.

Curious.
you make those numbers only selling your rest days and outside EU in some funny eastern base.
Where do you pay taxes and SS btw?
Did you start in Wizzair?
I think they know it.

For me I put myself in OOB availability lists of multiple bases to explore the network. « If you want » you can practice some extreem cold weather ops in one base, and hot weather ops in the other.
I was away for 3 days.
regarding lowest in business… I wouldnt say. As I mentioned ryr previously, and also companies like volotea… Again, for somepeople its the umost importance to be homecountry sometimes so much they downgrade from airbus to boeing(in terms of workload), from tr provided to all yours budy, from mostly 2 sectors to 4 sectors every day 5 days in a row, from good salary vs bad (because of cost of living), from crew meal to not even water until recently, etc etc,
Although both choices are right regarding what you need, I respectfully disagree your Lowest terms argument. I would say personally the best improvement im looking for in wizz is the hp usage rules. Rest quite happy

cheers

enzino
11th Nov 2023, 15:28
Well in Italy they're lagging behind the competition by a big margin. And that includes Volotea.
In your base a captain is netting 8,5k. I believe that, it can even be more than 9k on a good month, but in Italy on average a captain takes home 6,5-7k.

​​​​​​
​​​

papalovesjumbo
11th Nov 2023, 17:10
Well in Italy they're lagging behind the competition by a big margin. And that includes Volotea.
In your base a captain is netting 8,5k. I believe that, it can even be more than 9k on a good month, but in Italy on average a captain takes home 6,5-7k.

​​​​​​
​​​

I was conservative to give an lower end number. I had captains telling they didnt get anything less than 10k lately. And others who did OOB he grazed 13k. But 8.5k without giving up personal life or keeping reverse roster etc is an accurate one.
unfortunately Italy has tax issues I hear. Company needs to adjust for that one. I am with you for this one.

Giuff
12th Nov 2023, 16:12
I fly regularly with colleagues coming from other airlines and according to their stories the above statement is not true.

Of course. Depend on which airlines you refer to.

kalimera
12th Nov 2023, 22:33
I see them making posts on LinkedIn sometimes. Maybe try to post your question under their posts.

They held open days in South America, but that part of the world is full of people that have Spanish and Italian heritage and thus have Spanish and Italian passports. Others were recruited for Wizz Air Abu Dhabi.

I tried to reach out and got no response yet. May I also ask if I have the right to live and work in UK only, would I be able to apply? Really appreciate your help enzino

enzino
13th Nov 2023, 09:05
I guess your option is Wizz Air UK.

CW247
14th Nov 2023, 15:02
So this flexible roster....."write your own roster" thing? How does it work? A few people on LinkedIn have accused Wizz Marketing of BS, no response (naturally).

Chauderon
15th Nov 2023, 04:45
Whatever is currently promised by the mafia boss JV may or may not happen. If any improvements do happen, they will be revoked as soon as there is any weakening of the power balance in the pilot market - invariably with an email ending with the magic words; “thank you for your understanding”.

Jet Set Willie
15th Nov 2023, 09:08
Anyone here from the UK open to what they are currently taking home in the winter as a junior captain? I smell BS with the PPJN figures. With a basic of £60ish K, you would be looking at £120 an hour in extras assuming an 850 year to make £156000 So that's a circa £500 sector and duty pay for a PMI and back for example. hmmmmm. A bit of clarity would be very welcome for any of us looking to apply. Thanks you

dirk85
15th Nov 2023, 11:18
Whatever is currently promised by the mafia boss JV may or may not happen. If any improvements do happen, they will be revoked as soon as there is any weakening of the power balance in the pilot market - invariably with an email ending with the magic words; “thank you for your understanding”.

So true. What people don't realize is that all this incentives, commuting options, amazing roster variation are NOT part of your contract and therefore can and will be revoked at anytime, like they did plenty of times in the past.

Chauderon
15th Nov 2023, 11:47
So true. What people don't realize is that all this incentives, commuting options, amazing roster variation are NOT part of your contract and therefore can and will be revoked at anytime, like they did plenty of times in the past.

Even if it is contractual, you may receive an email telling you to respond by the end of the week agreeing to whole-scale changes to your contract or lose your job (“thank you for your understanding”).

You have no protection against this because JV has fired people for joining unions and has publicly said he’ll do it again. EASA is the direct AOC oversight of Wizz Air but is happy for the mafia boss to threaten his staff and tell them to fly fatigued. Instead of admonishing him, EASA invites him to be the keynote speaker of the EASA FAA safety conference; which is ironic as America has banned the airline from flying there on safety grounds.

That’s how it is. If you want the money whilst it’s there, all the best.

https://www.bnnvara.nl/zembla/videos/602738

Crewing Gimp
15th Nov 2023, 13:32
Wizz UK have 3 different roster patterns for 2024.

fixed 5 on 4 off, (flexible 3 months per year in peak).
flexible, 4 Request days off per month.
Part time 14/14 however wait list as new this year.

JliderPilot
15th Nov 2023, 19:20
Salary on ppjn is accurate if you are not bonded and fly a full / busy year. Expect a reduced basic if you have a bond (approx 5k pa for 4 yrs). After that period if you stay, half of that amount is returned to you as a loyalty payment. At least that was how it used to be.

Mostly bonding is not different from other companies; I hear, (ready to be corrected on this) J2 bond you even if you are type rated. So horses for courses.

Average hours are 750-800. So a bit less than what is on the ppjn. That coupled with a bond deduction will reduce your headline salary. The salary calculation takes some time to get your head around, but is made up of Basic pay, then when you fly you have distance pay (gcd a-b) plus a landing pay. Whether you land or not. A good month is 45-55000 Km in distance.

Some have left to go elsewhere for good reason like local base etc; others maybe hold a grudge so do your research. Not all media outlets quoted on here tell the whole truth.

Wizz is not a perfect job and there are improvements to be made. However, when you look at the big picture, it is not much different from anywhere else. Salary is towards the top end of a LCC.

Something to be said for a company with a low cost base and that is profitable.

TBSC
16th Nov 2023, 03:34
...and that is profitable.
1.2 billion loss in the last two fiscal years (642 and 535 million respectively). This year's H1 was reported to be profitable but the second half does not seem to be rosy. 45 aircraft must be grounded because of the engine issues.

Giuff
16th Nov 2023, 07:44
1.2 billion loss in the last two fiscal years (642 and 535 million respectively). This year's H1 was reported to be profitable but the second half does not seem to be rosy. 45 aircraft must be grounded because of the engine issues.

But some say may be up to 60.

enzino
16th Nov 2023, 12:00
But sources say that a comprehensive compensation package has been agreed with PW and they are expecting a big growth in 2025.

Time will tell.

CW247
16th Nov 2023, 19:29
Thanks for clarifying the "write your own roster" thing. Just as I imagined.
Regarding part time,I struggle to understand how 14/14 is anyone's idea of part time. Reality is you will be ruined during those 14 days on physically and mentally and they will extract something like 60 hours of flying out of you when it should be more like 40. True part time is working 2 or 3 days out of 5. Not this nonsense.

ReallyAnnoyed
16th Nov 2023, 20:18
Regarding 14/14, in ezy it means 14 days off/14 day period with 6 days off, but you don’t know what they are until the roster comes out. I.e. 8 working days in every 28 day cycle.

I have no clue if it’s similar in wizz though.

TBSC
17th Nov 2023, 07:03
But some say may be up to 60.
Yeah, well, they say 45 in their financial report. The same report which says all three aircraft stuck in IEV are assumed to be able to return to the fleet before the summer season of 2024 while they admitted that they written off two of those already (engines removed etc) and only expect the third one to be salvaged. If at all.

JliderPilot
17th Nov 2023, 08:55
Wizzair operated around 180 aircraft in 22/23, the fleet will be 220 aircraft in 2024. 2025 will be 280 aircraft. Pax numbers in 2024 expected to be broadly flat compared with 2023 due to the engine issues. So expansion of the fleet is offsetting the PW issue. Compensation scheme with the engine manufacturer has been agreed, and is substantial; so from a profit and loss side of things that will have a relatively small effect. Other airlines (Wizz competitors) are affected due to worldwide shortage materiel and supply issues. These factors are affecting OEMs as well, so the likes of Boeing, Airbus and CFM are constrained. This engine issue has a time lime which is about 12-18 months, not like covid where we don’t know when it would end. So overall not such a grim picture, cash is king and cost control is something Wizz are good at.

dirk85
17th Nov 2023, 14:03
Well the net debt of Wizz is pretty substantial as well. Cash is only one part of the equation

Prob30Tempo TSRA
18th Nov 2023, 02:40
Are the same as RYR in so much as pay for own uniform , car park , food , medical , revalidations

enzino
18th Nov 2023, 11:36
I have not paid for my uniform.
I have not paid for my car park; the company looks after that.
Crew meal could be better in some bases.
Medical and revalidations are refunded and pilots don't need to move their licenses to a specific authority.
During type rating, induction and line training hotac and transportation was provided.

It could be a better workplace, but don't come here to spread false information as you have just done.
​​

​​​

Prob30Tempo TSRA
18th Nov 2023, 13:07
I have not paid for my uniform.
I have not paid for my car park; the company looks after that.
Crew meal could be better in some bases.
Medical and revalidations are refunded and pilots don't need to move their licenses to a specific authority.
During type rating, induction and line training hotac and transportation was provided.

It could be a better workplace, but don't come here to spread false information as you have just done.
​​

​​​

Thanks for your aggressive reply . I got autocorrected - " Are they the same as ryanair " is what my post meant to say .

I am comparing the two

enzino
18th Nov 2023, 13:29
In that case I owe you an apology. Everything is provided by them. Hotel quality in Budapest tend to be good as long as you are not put in some Ibis.

Prob30Tempo TSRA
18th Nov 2023, 14:13
In that case I owe you an apology. Everything is provided by them. Hotel quality in Budapest tend to be good as long as you are not put in some Ibis.

No problem .
Actually sounds better than RYR these days . the quoted 5/4 seems to be 1 rest and 3 off so that's a bit of a fudge .

But ryr 5/4 is not contractual i don't believe so couid be changed in a heartbeat

Chauderon
18th Nov 2023, 20:45
No problem .
Actually sounds better than RYR these days . the quoted 5/4 seems to be 1 rest and 3 off so that's a bit of a fudge .

But ryr 5/4 is not contractual i don't believe so couid be changed in a heartbeat

WUK had 5/4 a couple of years ago, so it's already been removed in a heartbeat ("thank you for your understanding"). Also, I believe I saw it's only for 9 months a year, and the other 3 months are 'flexible' - which completely undoes a lot of the attraction of the RYR style 5/4 roster where you know what you are doing for evermore.

Prob30Tempo TSRA
20th Nov 2023, 20:54
But of course none of these roster patterns are in the contract for some of these airlines, so you are at their mercy

dirk85
21st Nov 2023, 00:08
It is contractual in easyJet, and most likely in other companies as well.

Prob30Tempo TSRA
21st Nov 2023, 03:05
It is contractual in easyJet, and most likely in other companies as well.
interesting , that they commmit to that