PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth-5

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

shamrock7seal
7th Dec 2020, 08:54
I hope BOH is talking to Wizz about returning to BOH with an operational base for 2021. It's been 13 years since they were last at BOH and the anecdotal population of Hungarian, Bulgarian, Polish, Czech and Romanian has grown hugely locally so I can only see it being more successful for them. Especially given they have a limited operation at LGW. A BOH or SOU base would compete very well for catchment from LGW, BRS, EXT, LHR.

SKOJB
7th Dec 2020, 16:40
IF they get their extension, my money would be on SOU for a single aircraft base!

RW20
7th Dec 2020, 17:11
​​​It makes sense for Wizz to return to Bournemouth,it has the runway,it has a large catchment of Eastern possible PAX,and it has a local catchment of retired Sun seekers.
SOU doesn't have the runway,and it's highly debatable if it will get the extension.Wizz could comfortably have two aircraft based at Bournemouth within the next 18 months
given Covid is under control.

SKOJB
7th Dec 2020, 17:50
RW20 - Wizz at BOU could be an option although if SOU get the extension, will this not enable A320 ops and they must surely have the larger catchment (not knowing the area)?

Pain in the R's
7th Dec 2020, 18:51
After watching tonight’s BBC 1 programme about climate change it would be better if there were less flights than more flights. It won’t be long before there is a government crackdown on aviation seeing they are picking on other sectors of UK life. Airports like Bournemouth could be on borrowed time as airlines retreat to larger airports as taxes force a reduction in demand.

Pringle_
7th Dec 2020, 21:54
Would you rather more people drove in their cars to London to take flights to the same destinations?

Pain in the R's
8th Dec 2020, 05:53
Cars will be electric but I am just saying that the unpalatable truth is that the ever increasing amount of flights in normal times will have to end and in fact be cut back if the UK is to meet its emissions commitments and airports like Bournemouth would loose out. The way this will happen is through taxes to suppress demand. This would force consolidation back to the bigger airports.

Flitefone
8th Dec 2020, 14:27
Pain in the R's

Actually, the reverse is more likely. In the short term (2-3 years) slot sitting at the larger airports will constrain growth, the result will be more flights from regions. Recent announcements by both Wizz at Cardiff and Jet2 at Bristol are evidence of this. We know Wizz wants to grow at Gatwick and can't, the CEO has been clear why. Michael O'Leary has said similar about growth this week and slot sitting.

Longer term, a crack down on night flights especially at London's airports can be expected, as can some kind of resilience cap on movements to reduce the amount of extra routing an holding that characterizes ops at the busier airports. There is already evidence that this will happen (building back greener). The governments leveling up agenda will have an impact too, pushing the jobs and economic activity away from London into the regions.

Lastly, ten years from now most of us can expect to be driving electric vehicles anyway.

Irish Cream
8th Dec 2020, 22:35
Totally agreed - seems like everyone forgets that aviation contributes less than 3% of global carbon dioxide emissions and that hasn’t changed over the last 30years despite the massive growth in flights and passengers carried

ATNotts
9th Dec 2020, 06:47
The percentage may have remained the same, however the tonnage will have increaed massively.

That is not to belittle the technical advances that enabled exponential rises in traffic, whilst not increasing aviation's relative damage to the environment.

fanrailuk
16th Dec 2020, 09:16
Seems Ryanair aren’t too happy BACF are setting up on their doorstep...

https://twitter.com/seanm1997/status/1339147386397077505?s=21

SKOJB
16th Dec 2020, 10:02
BOU clearly aren’t happy with the SOU threat, especially if the runway gets approval, and this has already been made very obvious with the objecting letters they have sent to the deciding council

Dropoffcharge
16th Dec 2020, 10:18
Could almost see this one coming, question is, how many more competition routes will RYN start up?

Wycombe
16th Dec 2020, 11:51
EGC was pretty-much a daily route for Flybe in Summer, albeit on 78 seat Dashes.

BACF will only fly it a max of 2 weekly on the Embraer, so probably plenty of room for some more capacity on the route.

shamrock7seal
19th Dec 2020, 09:12
BACF are actually operating 3 times weekly between SOU and EGC (Tue, Sat, Sun) and have radically reduced their fares since the Ryanair announcement from BOH. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Dropoffcharge
19th Dec 2020, 10:20
SKOJB

Quite the opposite it would seem now BACF are cutting there own prices.

Irish Cream
23rd Feb 2021, 08:24
So as much as I love both SOU and BOH one has to ask if more jobs would be created by having one larger airport for the entire region to rival BRS or NCL?

The only apparent issue with BOH’s capabilities is its public transport but this can be fixed with the flick of a switch by serving Southampton on say an hourly National Express style basis. If BOH had a 5am to 23:00 shuttle service to the Bournemouth train station it would also catapult BOH immediately into similar territory to BRS’s public transport capabilities.

So then you have to ask surely a consolidated airport for the whole of the south would benefit us all in terms of economic prosperity and inbound tourism? Certainly environmentally it would be better to have a consolidated site.

Both airports already seem to be sharing functions for example: whenever football teams fly in and out, so the 29mile distance between the two is acceptable to people & business it seems. I’m sorry but the more I think about this the more sense it makes. How on earth can two successful airports survive within 29miles of each other with a catchment population of only 2 or 3 million?

SKOJB
23rd Feb 2021, 08:44
Irish Cream - you clearly have no idea about the local area, you would miss every BOH flight with an hourly bus service from SOU in the summer months due to dreadful traffic holdups across the New Forest. In any case it seems BOH is becoming rather cargo centric for its future!

MARKEYD
23rd Feb 2021, 08:47
This conversation is not new I am afraid and your ideas have been discussed so many times over the years on the SOU and BOH thread

At the moment most UK airports are fighting for survival including the two here in the south
Lets see what happens now we have a clearer road map

shamrock7seal
23rd Feb 2021, 08:51
I personally really really want to see services to Abu Dhabi/Dubai (Etihad/Emirates) and/or Istanbul (Turkish Airlines) for world-wide connections. I don't fly on KLM via AMS - they never have good connections to Asia or the Far-East and air-fares tend to be way too high. BOH has the potential to offer this to people in the local area, not even BRS can do that with their runway limitation. That's assuming Emirates and Turkish would ever be interested in doing it hahaha. I doubt they would, given our own proximity to LHR.

Irish Cream, you're brave starting a SOU v BOH post :ugh: It would probably be better for the two airports to work together somehow to ensure both survive... One example of this could be the sharing ground handling staffing/equipment or even a shared/consolidated remote air-traffic control team etc etc?

Sharklet_321
23rd Feb 2021, 09:07
As much as I want to disagree Shamrock7seal, never say never. Pandemic or no pandemic I still can’t quite believe that BOH has its own A340-600 cargo operation to JFK and Asia; who would’ve thought that was on the cards a few years ago?

SWBKCB
23rd Feb 2021, 09:43
How would you do it? Airports both owned by seperate private companies?

shamrock7seal
23rd Feb 2021, 10:02
That would be the first hurdle, some sort of JV between them?

It would be possible to share functions like ATC, security and ground handling to be more efficient I would’ve thought.

Dropoffcharge
23rd Feb 2021, 11:24
Not a chance, SOU ATC is Nats run, handling by Swissport, plus security I believe external? BOH runs everything in house, that in itself says alot about running a lean business model, something SOU could learn from RCA, especially in these tough times of cost saving.

MerchantVenturer
23rd Feb 2021, 12:31
BRS's pubic transport connectivity, although lacking a rail connection, has more than that. This is the normal programme in non-pandemic times.

A1 Flyer liveried double-decker service to Bristol's main railway station and bus station operates 24/7 at a frequency of every few minutes for much of the time.

There is also an A2 liveried double-decker service that operates to a different part of the city centre by a different route mainly every 30 minutes, this one almost 24 hours per day.

An A3 Flyer liveried single-decker operates hourly to Weston-super-Mare from early until late (this one roughly equates with the 0500 to 2300 period mentioned).

An A4 liveried double-decker service to Bath that operates every 30 minutes for most of the time, this one also almost 24 hours per day.

An A5 village bus, small single decker linking neighbouring villages.

Stagecoach's South West Falcon, a large liveried coach service to Taunton, Exeter and Plymouth with 19 return journeys every 24 hour period.

National Express to Newport and Cardiff with 10 return journeys every 24 hours.

So BOH would need a lot more than a shuttle bus operating 0500 to 2300 to the main railway station if it wanted to replicate BRS's public transport connectivity.

RW20
23rd Feb 2021, 14:51
Give Bournemouth it's travel connections that it has always needed,i.e. Rail/Road-bus links and there's no contest with SOU.Bournemouth runway,nav aids,ground stands,and weather have and always will top Southampton.Surely now with covid there is clearly only one airport required for the south.coast,and Bournemouth has to be the viable option.

SotonFlightpath
24th Feb 2021, 14:35
Bournemouth certainly has 'the edge' when it comes to leisure travel, but most of Southampton's business travellers (previously using the former Flybe services to the likes of Amsterdam, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Belfast, Paris etc would probably never relocate to Bournemouth.

A fair proportion of this business is/was generated from areas further north and east of Southampton. The journey across the New Forest to Bournemouth can be just as long time-wise as the drive to LHR, so much of this business would simply either relocate to Heathrow or, in the case of domestic traffic, cease to exist with people electing to drive - which is probably even more likely.

Bournemouth however, with better public transport connections, would absolutely thrive with leisure/city-break and holiday/sun-route business.

Irish Cream
25th Feb 2021, 15:30
Hearing that TUI is taking the sledge hammer to most of its 2021 schedules - no idea yet about BOH and how badly it will be affected but apparently most if not all bases are affected in some way.

SKOJB
25th Feb 2021, 15:32
Looks like 5 routes withdrawn

Flitefone
25th Feb 2021, 17:03
Cuts across Europe expected. Latest IATA forecast published yesterday now expects demand this year to be just 38% of 2019 at best, with a risk of 33%.

https://www.iata.org/en/pressroom/pr/2021-24-02-01/

Europe is the region worst affected, due reliance on international - lots of small countries with very small/no domestic traffic.

Cargo is the bright spot and likely to remain so for quite a while.

BOHEuropean
25th Feb 2021, 20:01
The Bournemouth based TUI Airways Boeing 737-800 still has a full schedule planned for this summer, two departures each day. Although it's admittedly less flying than what had been planned for Summer 2020.

MONDAY

07:05-12:05, 13:05-14:45 Corfu
15:35-21:45, 22:45-01:15(+1) Antalya

TUESDAY

07:20-10:30, 11:30-12:45 Palma
14:25-19:40, 20:40-22:05 Kefalonia

WEDNESDAY

06:25-09:40, 10:40-12:00 Menorca
13:10-19:40, 20:55-23:50 Paphos

THURSDAY

06:50-10:00, 11:10-12:25 Palma
14:15-18:10, 19:10-22:55 Lanzarote

FRIDAY

06:55-11:55, 12:55-14:05 Corfu
15:20-21:30, 22:35-01:05(+1) Antalya

SATURDAY

07:45-10:55, 12:10-13:25 Palma
14:55-20:55, 21:55-00:05(+1) Rhodes

SUNDAY

06:35-09:45, 10:45-12:00 Palma
13:30-18:55, 19:55-21:25 Zante

* Information for July 2021

MARKEYD
26th Feb 2021, 12:31
Ryanair has begun to release its winter schedule and the based aircraft continues to be used
Dublin has been re introduced with 4 flights a week and Tenerife has an extra flight taking it to 2 x week
Malta also continues into the winter season having been previously stopped
Prague looks to have been dropped surprisingly

Flitefone
1st Mar 2021, 19:16
https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/19126696.can-fly-bournemouth-airport/

shamrock7seal
2nd Mar 2021, 08:23
BOH handled 176,000 passengers in 2020 compared to 803,000 in 2019.

Comparison airports in the South/West:

SOU 296,000
EXT 148,000
BRS 2,193,000
NQY 68,000
CWL 219,000

Irish Cream
3rd Mar 2021, 10:23
I can’t find any BOH related freight stats on the CAA airport data pages. Every other airport seems to be listed apart from BOH? Pretty sure BOH would have had a very successful 2020 in regards to Freight tonnage throughput.

Flitefone
4th Mar 2021, 13:06
The CAA don't yet have the data from the airport.

SWBKCB
4th Mar 2021, 13:33
Where is the 2020 data on the CAA website, there is usually an annual summary but I can only see the seperate months for 2020?

adfly
17th Mar 2021, 23:32
Who was betting on this!? easyjet are adding two new summer seasonal routes to Bournemouth, presumably aimed almost entirely at the inbound domestic tourism market.

Belfast - 2x weekly Weds/Sat starting 26th May
Edinburgh - 2x weekly Thurs/Sun starting 27th May

Sharklet_321
18th Mar 2021, 09:32
Great news. The last time BFS was operated was by Jet2 daily 737-300 in 2004/5? Far too much capacity I thought at the time so this should be an interesting development. Seems like a similar programme to the one NQY has managed to create - perfect for BOH inbound leisure/tourism. Will certainly compete well, fare wise, with the Eastern J-41 operation at SOU.

Last time EDI was operated was by Ryanair at either double daily or daily 737-800 frequency - again far too much and would mean terrible yields! So at two a week focusing on inbound it should do well. Again, this also will compete well on a fare basis with BA cityflyer & Loganair from SOU.

shamrock7seal
18th Mar 2021, 13:26
Do you think Jet2 inbound weekend services from MAN, NCL, LBA a couple of times a week would also work? Just for the summer seasonal period of course.

GAZMO
18th Mar 2021, 14:45
Not only good for south of England tourism but also for Northern Ireland tourism. Great for a city break to N. Ireland , a few days at the Causeway Coast, Fermanagh Lakelands etc

GayFriendly
18th Mar 2021, 15:49
Very interesting to see how EZY are so positively reacting to the huge changes bought about in travel patterns by Covid and the demand for staycations this year. As already pointed out, all 3 places are great to visit so hopefully good pax volumes in both directions.

Great news for BOH!

CabinCrewe
18th Mar 2021, 17:00
be interesting to see if these are all covid related and gone again by next year when the Nices, Palmas and Dubrovnik's resurge.

Sharklet_321
18th Mar 2021, 19:27
James Merchant, easyJet's business development manager has said 'there is more to come' on his twitter feed in reference to the new routes from BFS & EDI to BOH, but I don't know if this is referring to more domestic easyJet routes, more new routes in general, more Bournemouth routes or something else. Who knows. Right now anything could happen.

Nonetheless this is quite a strong statement from easyJet about it's confidence in BOH regardless of whether this is lockdown lifting/staycation inspired.

shamrock7seal
9th Apr 2021, 16:07
The objection by BOH and the Dorset LEP to SOU's extension was a little stronger yesterday with the argument that government money has been spent on improving roads and infrastructure taking into account the long-term 'complimentary' nature of SOU and BOH. If SOU is now able to take BOH business after the extension (with no regard to BOH's presence) they argue this is duplication within the same/similar catchment area and therefore a waste of public money & resources. This argument makes a lot of sense.

It would surprise me if this particular angle of the objection isn't used in any appeal by BOH and Dorset LEP should the extension get the go ahead.

If SOU says it's unviable in it's current state (and I don't think it is unviable), then it infers that one of the two airports in the BOH/SOU region becomes unviable with or without the extension. So it's simply moving the problem. Because if SOU extended it's runway, business would be lost from BOH which can ill afford any business to be taken away from it given it's current business activity. In the current pandemic environment the airport owner of SOU should surely be focusing on efficiency gains, cost reductions and ways to attract and grow existing airlines which would never operate from BOH - KLM for example.

Rivet Joint
9th Apr 2021, 19:14
Sorry but this does not make any sense. Is there any evidence to suggest that the junction improvements and train station were only made for the airport's benefit? I'm sure the airport was a factor but the large borough of Eastleigh and northern Southampton were probably the driving force behind better transport infrastructure.

Seeing as you are a BOH supporter, which there is nothing wrong with, perhaps you can answer the following questions that putting my neutral hat on I am generally curious about: -

1. Surely the most important question for BOH is why a small extension to SOUs runway in their opinion means that SOU is going to take all their business? If BOH already has all the facilities to the extent that SOU does not need to obtain them to serve the region then why aren't airlines tripping over themselves to open routes at BOH like a fair few have and are at SOU?

My personal opinion on the above is that passengers vote with their feet and airlines make money from flying from airports with the footfall. Also, and I think the most important point here is that none of BOHs business is going to transfer to SOU. All the cargo ops cannot operate because of SOUs curfew, and there is not space for Draken etc. FR also with their whole fleet being 737s are still not going to be able to operate from SOU even with the extension without lots of seats being empty. Chance of FR's business model being compatible with that? Zero.

2. In what universe do you or indeed BOH management think there will be a motorway built through a national park? Its never going to happen and I would be surprised if even the biggest supporter of BOH or the management would demand that one was built. This means that the most dense catchments of Southampton, Portsmouth, Winchester etc are essentially cut off from BOH. Its hard enough to get to Bournemouth at the weekend to go to the beach on those small roads.

3. Purely from a competition stand point, do you not think its a bit rich and also quite concerning that a competitor is able to object to one of its competitor's spending its own money on its own land and in the process creating jobs and prosperity for the region? I could understand if tax payer money was being used to pay for the extension etc, that would absolutely be unfair to BOH. That is not what is happening here and there is nothing to stop BOH investing money also if it wants to.

I am genuinely curious to hear from BOH supporters on the above points.

I also want to make it clear that my personal opinion is that both BOH and SOU compliment each other very well and will continue to if SOU gets its extension and attracts a low cost operator. SOU is and always will be only a passenger airport. BOHs business is very diverse and I think there is much scope for the new cargo ops to grow given the lack of a curfew. FR and BY will also no doubt continue to serve the longstanding sun routes.

Knife-Edge
9th Apr 2021, 20:48
I think you get close to answering your own question RJ. You recognise that the airports are complimentary (mainly due to their individual and inherent limitations)..... but this hasn’t been given any consideration in the SOU planning application nor how government grant money (not airport owner money) is being spent.

Gibsonflyer
10th Apr 2021, 11:17
Rivet Joint - I believe shamrock7seal was referencing the £50m of government money awarded to BCP and Dorset Councils as part of the Bournemouth International Growth (BIG) Programme and not Southampton Airport's existing infrastructure.

Jamesair1
10th Apr 2021, 16:17
At the end of day, it will be the airlines who decide which airport is most suitable for their type of service. Many moons ago, the
Govt. of the time decided that MME would be the NE Regional Airport over NCL. which caused a lot of political mayhem. However, the airlines decided differently and chose NCL as the most suitable airport for their needs...also connected to population and ease of access issues.

In my opinion, I would guess that BOH will continue successfully to attract LC operators, cargo and many other general aviation/maintenance activities and SOU will continue to attract operators such as KLM, BACF,Loganair, Eastern etc. who will be attracted by the need to serve the city/business and Port activities. Co-existence should be possible

CLEME1
10th May 2021, 09:23
Drove past BOH yesterday noticed two TUI seven three Sevens are they just crew training or optimistic both will be pemantly based there sadly can’t believe the later.

Flitefone
10th May 2021, 10:08
These two are for crew training - regular trips to Doncaster and back. Original plans for 2 aircraft base as of 2020 have slipped of course, believe the TUI based program set to recommence later this summer.

CLEME1
10th May 2021, 10:32
Thanks Flitefone

MARKEYD
10th May 2021, 13:31
TUI 2022

TUI have tentatively put together a programme with 1 based aircraft at the moment with the re intoduction of Ibiza , Dalaman and Crete
Missing though is Las Palmas and Skiathos which was new for 2021 but never happened
Also down 1 flight is Palma and Lanzarote both of which are surprising and Rhodes was due to go 2 x a week

On the plus side its possible there still could be a 2nd based aircraft for part of the week as the missing flights make up for 6 rotations that could be filled , i think its a case of watch this space

yeo valley
10th May 2021, 17:00
TUI has released they only flying from 5 airports this summer.The airports were bhx,brs ,gtw,man and 1 other up country i cant remember which one.

Vokes55
10th May 2021, 17:11
No they haven’t. They’re flying from only four airports for the first week of the program (next week).

FredFlintstone
11th May 2021, 07:26
Will the BA static display have to be relocated with all this activity ?

BOHEuropean
11th May 2021, 09:47
They all left last summer?

MARKEYD
11th May 2021, 09:50
TUI have reinstated the Palma flight that was missing for next summer with a non based carrier possibly Aer Europa or Volotea and are also using a non based carrier , Freebird ? to operate their flights to Dalaman and Antayla

Dropoffcharge
11th May 2021, 11:37
Ryanair are starting Faro next Monday (17th) 3x weekly initially.

BOHEuropean
11th May 2021, 15:12
Indeed the Dalaman and Antalya flights are showing 'Other Carrier'

MONDAY:

08:20/09:20 DLM-BOH-DLM 'Other Carrier'
19:00/20:00 AYT-BOH-AYT 'Other Carrier'

FRIDAY:

08:20/09:20 DLM-BOH-DLM 'Other Carrier'
19:00/20:00 AYT-BOH-AYT 'Other Carrier'

However, the Palma seems to be the based machine apart from a Thursday:

09:45/10:45 PMI-BOH-PMI "Other Carrier"

Sharklet_321
8th Jun 2021, 14:40
Aviacargo has released a press statement announcing that they have carried a record-breaking 55tonne cargo payload on a BOH to JFK run recently. I am not sure of the significance or the maximum cargo carrying capability of the A340-600 but I think the MD-11F is 90tonnes? Would it be feasible therefore for European Cargo to offer maybe 25-50 seats to fare-paying passengers wishing to travel to and from JFK? Would it supplement income or would it be better to just be entirely freight? Would it be too complex to operate a combi service? I’m sure they’ve no intention of doing this and there probably aren’t 25-50 pax who would wish to use this route right now anyway. Just wondering for my own interest.

BA318
8th Jun 2021, 14:44
I don’t believe such combi services are allowed now. There needs to be a fixed divider between the cargo and pax. Hence why you don’t see many around any more.

dixi188
8th Jun 2021, 16:28
I think the max payload for an A340-600 in cargo config (no seats or galleys/toilets) is around 70tons, but I doubt it could do JFK with that load out of BOHs 2271 meters runway.

Skipness One Foxtrot
9th Jun 2021, 12:30
Sharklet_321

Well you'd need to hire cabin staff which is an additional cost and the cargo schedule is reasonably adhoc. Added to that if they carry cargo on the main deck they can't carry passengers.

Flitefone
10th Jun 2021, 18:49
https://www.aircargonews.net/services/gssa/bournemouth-jfk-cargo-flights-in-high-demand/

Knife-Edge
16th Jun 2021, 21:55
EasyJet adding to their summer domestic routes. Wed & Sat Liverpool - Bournemouth service now showing from 2nd week of July.

Flightrider
16th Jun 2021, 23:19
Probably the most bonkers route addition by any airline for quite some time.

Alteagod
17th Jun 2021, 02:49
Definitely a strange city pairing

Flitefone
17th Jun 2021, 06:07
Flightrider

Not for those looking for a sumner beach holiday this year…

smart move for an airline not able to operate its usual beach routes

toledoashley
17th Jun 2021, 06:29
There are a lot of UK cruises this summer either starting or ending in Southampton and Liverpool - that’s the best I can come up with.

MARKEYD
17th Jun 2021, 08:45
Easy jet have launched a raft of new domestic routes today clearly aimed at the UK leisure market for the rest of the summer
Surprised at BOH gaining LPL though but obviously EasyJet see a small market both ways for the rest of the summer, good use of otherwise laid up aircraft

The EDI and BFS routes have seen so good load factors with some fares quite high so that’s encouraging to see

Ryanair have added an extra flight to Faro and TFS this winter taking them to 2 a week

barry lloyd
17th Jun 2021, 09:06
Flitefone

Remind me what time that flight arrives in Bournemouth and what time hotels accept guests? I realise that a lot of people will make their own arrangements for accommodation, (Airbnb for example) but for holiday passengers it's still an early departure for a UK destination. There's little business connection between the two destinations - Southampton would make more sense - so I see this as little more than a positioning flight. Given easyJet's record at Liverpool over the years, I do not expect the route to last very long. In the unlikely case that it does succeed, then it will transferred to Manchester,

Mr A Tis
17th Jun 2021, 12:54
Had it been MAN-BOH I'd probably use it frequently, but the early departure times from LPL make it non viable for me. Cross Country trains from MAN-BOH are eye watering expensive and take 5 hours.
For UK leisure travellers the early start isn't user friendly.

BACsuperVC10
17th Jun 2021, 13:09
I can see passengers using it from both directions, people from the NW wanting a holiday in Dorset, and city break to Liverpool from those in Bournemouth and the surrounds. The road and rail alternatives are not attractive.

BACsuperVC10
17th Jun 2021, 13:12
A Liverpool to Southampton route would be useful .

Sharklet_321
17th Jun 2021, 13:28
In my opinion this rather obscure route is going to be 90% inbound bringing stag and hen parties to Bournemouth. Brace yourselves.

SWBKCB
17th Jun 2021, 13:48
Unbelievably sneery responses to a company being innovative in unprecedented circumstances. Give yr head a shake. :=

MARKEYD
17th Jun 2021, 15:38
Easy jet are doing their best to utilise airports and aircraft this summer and should be congratulated in trying to secure revenue and jobs
Surprised at the level of negative comments as well

Jamesair1
17th Jun 2021, 15:45
I'm surprised there are not more services to BOURNEMOUTH this staycation year. A hugely popular resort area and a long, long road journey from the N. of England and Scotland. Congratulations to EZY for seeing the opportunity.

Sharklet_321
17th Jun 2021, 18:29
Agreed - we should probably have a domestic network similar to that of Newquay.

Perhaps LBA or NCL will be added by Jet2? Could work on Fridays and Mondays.

Knife-Edge
17th Jun 2021, 19:50
Flightrider

Bonkers comment more like 😂.

Only a tiny fraction of those usually heading from the North-East to the Mediterranean choosing Bournemouth beaches / The New Forest / The Jurassic Coast instead will quickly fill the available seats. It’s a service to suit the current circumstances - no more than that I suspect. Well done EJ.

barry lloyd
17th Jun 2021, 20:02
SWBKCB

I will concede that it provides much-needed work for EZY staff and others at a difficult time, but their record with routes from LPL is not a good one,hence my lack of optimism.

BACsuperVC10
18th Jun 2021, 04:01
The problem with EasyJet at Liverpool, is their nearby Manchester operation. Having said that its still a base and I don't see that changing, indeed pre covid capacity and routes had been added. This route may well dissappear once we can fly to favourite Mediterranean destinations more freely but in the meantime well done EJ for having some initiative.

southside bobby
18th Jun 2021, 06:40
Partly a "political" move by Mr L to cause max embarrassment to Government green credentials by introducing & flying very short polluting bucket/spade domestic hops of course.

kcockayne
18th Jun 2021, 10:52
EZY operate from both Liverpool & Manchester to Jersey (for the past 3 years), & the routes continue despite the proximity of the two. As a "staycation service", there may well be demand for Liverpool to Bournemouth. At least EZY are trying to do something positive !

shamrock7seal
19th Jun 2021, 19:38
It's probably way too late to add any further routes like this but does anyone else think the following might also work on a staycation basis twice weekly from BOH?:

Manchester
LeedsBradford
Newcastle
Glasgow
Doncaster Sheffield (?)

Possible airlines/routes:

easyJet - GLA, MAN do they have the aircraft to do more of this?
Jet2 - LBA, NCL, do they have the appetite for something like this?
Ryanair? Ryanair UK? GLA, MAN, LBA, NCL - they don't currently do any UK domestics as far as I can tell
Wizz UK - recently just added CWL/DSA to JER, perhaps they could offer something from BOH like DSA-BOH-GLA-BOH-DSA

CLEME1
16th Jul 2021, 11:13
Just seen the Arivals board am I seeing things approximately 15 arrivals this afternoon showing on Flightradar app.

ericlday
16th Jul 2021, 11:36
Don't get too excited......check the Airports Arrival board for the true picture........5 from mid day !

CabinCrewe
16th Jul 2021, 22:41
shamrock7seal

Can’t see any of the routes happening.

MARKEYD
28th Jul 2021, 09:51
Ryanair are re introducing Las Palmas this winter using the BOH based aircraft on a Sunday rotation

Ryanair have cancelled the Bergerac route this summer, it never started and guessing France is still not popular as to have to isolate on return
They have filled the Sunday gap with an extra flight to Murcia instead

shamrock7seal
5th Aug 2021, 08:18
BOH-LIS is a new route from this winter season with Ryanair. Flights operate Tue's and Sat's from 2nd Nov. It appears to be using a LIS based aircraft.

MARKEYD
5th Aug 2021, 14:23
Always good to see new routes coming to BOH my concern is how the heck do they choose some of these places
Lisbon is a great new destination but probably more suited to start in the summer
It’s a shame they don’t concentrate on Prague again or the Italian region
Both Pisa and Prague had good load factors and the yield was pretty good judging by the fares ( perhaps not high enough for FR though )

Good to see Easy jet starting a week earlier now for the GVA route
EDI and BFS have also performed well with good load factors and some pretty high fares

MARKEYD
6th Aug 2021, 13:00
Steve Gill, Managing Director of Bournemouth Airport, said: “We are delighted to be adding another flight to the hugely popular destination of Gran Canaria and two flights a week to the historic and charismatic city of Lisbon, adding to the choices available for holidaymakers looking for some much-needed winter sun and wanting the ease and convenience of flying from their local airport.

“We look forward to being able to announce more routes returning over the coming weeks and months as operators confirm their schedules and we are continuing to work with our airline partners and in line with latest government guidelines to ensure safe travel through the airport.”

Taken from the BOH website, hopefully a few more routes to come this winter

SKOJB
6th Aug 2021, 13:28
Sounds like existing routes re-commencing

Sharklet_321
7th Aug 2021, 07:05
What routes would these be? Could just be related to TUI’s originally planned summer programme and two aircraft base?

Dropoffcharge
7th Aug 2021, 17:19
These are both Ryanair routes, second TUI was canned at the beginning of the pandemic, I can't see that happening untill maybe S23 now.

Sharklet_321
13th Aug 2021, 10:45
Another new route: Bournemouth to Wroclaw with Ryanair (I think this may be a re-instated route?)

Dropoffcharge
13th Aug 2021, 11:05
Correct, it is.

Sharklet_321
13th Aug 2021, 14:14
Budapest is also available for booking on the Ryanair app from Sunday 31st Oct - seems like a busy winter is expected ?

MARKEYD
13th Aug 2021, 14:19
Good news Friday !

Ryanair have re installed Wroclaw this winter operating on a Wed and Sun

New route to Budapest

Starts as well this winter on a Wed and Sun

Fantastic news as this means Bournemouth is back to a pre covid winter program with LPA , LIS , BUD and WRO all new or reinstalled routes

Buster the Bear
13th Aug 2021, 22:09
Lisbon. Massive Portuguese population in the south, new routes are not just about British tourists, just look at Wizz and their Luton routes.

Buster the Bear
18th Aug 2021, 11:19
Ryanair to Budapest will be operated by Buzz.

BOHEuropean
18th Aug 2021, 21:12
Surely an error, but Loganair booking system showing Bournemouth to Humberside and Norwich. No flights found when you go to book, however.

Routes would be a disaster so assuming it's just some website error?

AirportPlanner1
18th Aug 2021, 21:41
Bournemouth at home to Norwich on 24th and Hull on 28th

BOHEuropean
18th Aug 2021, 22:53
Ah so some charters somehow appeared in the booking engine! Thanks for the reply!

SKOJB
1st Sep 2021, 10:33
Circa 30 pax on EZY from LPL this morning so safe to say it won’t be returning next summer. Also when walking from plane to arrivals hall, what an absolute mess the area is around it too. The whole airport is looking very tired!

Sharklet_321
8th Sep 2021, 07:29
Effective 20th Sep the BOH-JFK cargo service goes from 3 to 4 flights weekly and becomes a scheduled service. Great news for the winter months.

SWBKCB
10th Sep 2021, 11:56
Are European using a COVID concession for passenger a/c carrying cargo on the main deck or have they got a permanent solution?

Flitefone
10th Sep 2021, 16:28
European said at the outset of their A340 cargo operation in early 2020 that they planned to use 7 A340 600 and that a specific STC was planned - a permanent solution - rather than the temporary EASA arrangement for preighters.

SWBKCB
11th Sep 2021, 06:43
Anybody know what the current position is with the fleet? Presumably even with an STC, with no cargo door the main deck has to be bulk loaded?

MARKEYD
17th Sep 2021, 17:29
Ryanair have started to load their summer schedule for 2022
First look at it is very encouraging with all the new destinations added this winter continuing into the summer, 15 destinations now being served

Palma has gone to 8 flights a week including a double flight on Saturday

Tenerife has gone to 2 x a week

Alicante now 5 x week

Malta and Paphos still to be added for summer

Le Tirer
21st Sep 2021, 13:46
These routes were previously operated by the based aircraft. Looking at the schedules, the based aircraft is fully utilised except on Tuesdays and Saturdays when it arrives back from TFS at 15:55. Maybe just about time to fit in a Malta rotation or perhaps a new destination but not a Paphos. We will have to wait and see but hopefully both Malta and Paphos will return.

Saturdays are looking good with 9 flights by non-based aircraft in addition to the TFS flight by the based aircraft.

737James
21st Sep 2021, 17:38
Could well be PFO on a Saturday night especially as Hermes the operators of both PFO and LCA airport are said to be offering reductions on rates that arrive after 23:30 so ex BOH at 17:00 would arrive into PFO around 00.05 and would get back into BOH around 03:30 so in plenty of time for the next days rotations

MARKEYD
21st Sep 2021, 19:03
Can’t see an 0330 arrival into Bournemouth happening as airport doesn’t stay open for that long except for the odd long delay
Ryanair tend not to go for those kind of arrival times either

The Paphos flight on a Tuesday for many years had been operated by a PFO based a/c so more than likely this might happen for both flights

Certainly looking at the moment as a much improved schedule from BOH with Ryanair for 2022 for a long time

Dropoffcharge
28th Sep 2021, 19:48
TUI are commencing flights to Tenerife and Gran Canaria this coming week, both have been added to there W21 schedule, also a planned ramp up of S22 flights to hopefully bring them back to pre pandemic levels.

MARKEYD
4th Oct 2021, 10:03
Bournemouth handled 38, 489 passengers in August

It’s a bit complicated to look at loads on the FR / TUI routes as flights were not all operating as to the schedule

EasyJet loads were excellent
EDI 2707 150 pax 81% loads on a A320
BFS 2204 138 pax 88% load on a A319

LPL forget !

Good to see that the Caribbean cruise charters are going well with more being added by Hays and P &O hopefully
1 cruise in Jan 2023 already sold out
TUI have upgraded there flight to a B787 900 series in Feb 2022 as originally full on the B788
2 flights being offered now in Feb 2022

shamrock7seal
4th Oct 2021, 15:28
All things considered, I think both Bournemouth and Southampton have done very well considering the huge chunk taken out of business during the pandemic. Let's hope it stays that way and growth is ongoing now.

Would've liked to have seen BFS or EDI stay over the winter but guess they are purely seasonal tourist bound flights...

Sharklet_321
6th Oct 2021, 07:53
BOH airport twitter followers 3.4.k
EXT airport twitter followers 33k
SOU airport twitter followers 40K

I was surprised to see that BOH only has 3.4k followers. BOH is relentlessly (!) pushing notifications on twitter (and facebook is a similar story) but it seems to be pi**ing into the wind with so few followers - basically no-one sees these posts. EXT does a tweet and 30,000 people know about it.

Perhaps BOH's ageing population is to blame? They aren't on social media? I have no idea.

Mr A Tis
6th Oct 2021, 08:15
If only EZY had done MAN-BOH instead of LPL-BOH, it might have been more successful. In Flybe days MAN-SOU was hugely popular, the current Eastern offering has been terrible, constant cancellations, re scheduling of times & for most of the year not even a daily service. I've stopped booking that route now due to unreliability. I'd have happily gone to BOH instead, but there is no way to get to LPL for a 7am departure. Many train fares are eye watering for what is a very slow journey.

dixi188
6th Oct 2021, 12:16
Sharklet_321

I live 2 miles from BOH and the nearest thing I get to "(un)Social Media" is here and one on canals. Why would I need anything else.
Looking at the Bournemouth Airport website to see where I could go is not very useful.
A page showing all destinations and days of the week served and then a link to the operator would be useful, rather than having to choose a destination first.
My wife says "lets have a few days away, where can we go?"

shamrock7seal
20th Oct 2021, 17:05
Bournemouths objection to the SOU runway extension has been thrown out. No surprise - it was more of an academic exercise surely?

The future for BOH surely is the Airbus A321NEO with 220/230 seats - the likes of which easyJet, Wizz Air and Jet2 will be using. Ryanair may possibly explore this aircraft - who knows!

With the runway extension at SOU, they will be able to offer their incumbent carriers payload free operations - finally. In my opinion, this poses no threat to BOH whatsoever.

rog747
21st Oct 2021, 09:59
dixi188

You may find these useful old chap, but be mindful that they stay up to date -

FYI -
TUI only fly BOH to ACE, LPA and TFS during this winter from both BOH and EXT, and Easy Jets 3 new domestic flights just launched from BOH to BFS EDI and LPL and now all ending next week...Shame as I was about to book for LPL and EDI...

For BOH routes W2021/2022 and one also for EXT (also local - ish if you live in West Dorset) here are the flight guides -- NB: Ryanair have added some more destinations since these were done --

https://www.bournemouthairport.com/content/uploads/2298-BA-Schedule-issue-5-12_07_214.pdf

https://www.exeter-airport.co.uk/content/uploads/FLY-Exeter-2021-22-Schedule.pdf

rog747
21st Oct 2021, 10:06
Sharklet_321

Quite possibly you have answered your own question.

BOH's catchment, unlike SOU, has and still is attracting mostly holidaymakers. For many years that client base was as you say, perhaps older and discerning and likely in part still is.
Bath Travel had it once sewn up at BOH, but TUI came along and the WWW, then Ryanair, and it all changed. No one is to 'blame' here.

BACsuperVC10
22nd Oct 2021, 10:22
I went for a jolly to Bounemouth a week ago on Wednesday from Liverpool. 30 plus passengers on the flight, left on time, very easy. Travelled back in the afternoon BOH-BFS about half full, then BFS-LPL full , actually they operated two aircraft BOH-LPL at the same time. Sun came out for me while I was in Bournemouth so enjoyed sitting by the beach. Very pleasant day. Aircraft size is too big, but if Loganair or similar operated LPL-BOH, it would be about right.

ATNotts
22nd Oct 2021, 10:46
But surely the smaller aircraft would mean higher seat mile costs which would surely mean fares being jacked up and fewer people going for "jollies"?

SWBKCB
22nd Oct 2021, 11:06
ATNotts - haven't you heard, the normal rules of economics don't apply to airlines. Any airline should be able to fly any aircraft on any route at rock bottom prices. Otherwise they are just greedy :mad: trying to rip off hardworking members of the public. :ok:

SKOJB
22nd Oct 2021, 11:14
BOH-LPL is clearly unsustainable, big plane or small and was only added for this staycation summer. Believe BFS/EDI operated decent loads but don’t hold out much hope for their continuation!

BACsuperVC10
22nd Oct 2021, 11:38
Its highly unlikely it will be here next year, and was for "staycation folk " their timing were not great for that to be honest. If things are better next year it will be flying from Liverpool to one of the usual Med destination .

BACsuperVC10
22nd Oct 2021, 11:39
Then you rule out most regional UK domestic routes.

FRatSTN
22nd Oct 2021, 13:26
Which is probably true in a lot of cases

shamrock7seal
28th Oct 2021, 16:38
Bournemouth managed the following passengers on their domestic services in Sep'21:

Belfast 1,782 Pax roughly 70% load factor
Edinburgh 2,441 Pax roughly 95% load factor - should see this route back for S22
Liverpool 772 Pax roughly 30% load factor - no surprises

shamrock7seal
2nd Nov 2021, 19:03
Interesting little statistic on passenger throughput from the CAA in August 2021:

Bournemouth 38,489
Southampton 40,745

So although SOU has 24 departures and 24 arrivals each day, BOH is handling almost the same number of pax on far fewer flights given the size of the aircraft.

SKOJB
2nd Nov 2021, 22:52
Malta and Paphos removed from RYR website and app

davidjohnson6
2nd Nov 2021, 23:35
Shamrock - your data tells me that BOH focuses on larger aircraft (eg 189-seat 737) taking people both arriving on holiday (particularly UK holidaymakers wanting Bournemouth's beach when Covid made foreign travel more difficult) and also going on holiday while Southampton which lacks a beach of its own focuses on smaller aircraft which are probably more business-centric and thus less in demand in August

Data for September 2021 would be useful to see what happens when the UK is not in its annual period of beach mode

MARKEYD
4th Nov 2021, 13:20
P@O cruises have added another 4 flights for the 2023 season taking it to 6 cruises to Barbados to pick up a ship with TUI B787 aircraft

Hays travel have already sold out there exclusive charters for 2022 so will no doubt add some more for the 2023 season later

A good comeback to some long haul charters

Surprised to see Ryanair remove the long standing Malta and Paphos flights for summer 2022
There are some gaps still in the based aircraft’s flying program so it’s possible they might return

Sharklet_321
4th Nov 2021, 21:46
Argh yes the Ryanair regional airport route dance..... 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. Fares and loads were always very strong and steady on this route so it's highly surprising.

Sharklet_321
12th Nov 2021, 13:53
Apparently Turkish is sniffing around SOU and is considering them once the runway extension is complete. I personally don’t think any 737/320 variant would be able to use SOU’s extended runway for Turkish ops.

I wonder if BOH is talking to them. People would seriously drive a considerable distance to catch that flight in my opinion given their fare levels and worldwide connections.

inOban
12th Nov 2021, 14:15
TK also have Airbus - they are using a 321 into Edinburgh

Dropoffcharge
12th Nov 2021, 16:56
Doesn't TUI already provide a couple of Turkey destinations from BOH?

Buster the Bear
12th Nov 2021, 20:28
Large Turkish community in and around Portsmouth.

MARKEYD
19th Nov 2021, 10:46
Hays travel have added another 2 Barbados cruise charters for 2023/24
These are on top of the 6 charters operating with P&O independently

A total of 8 flights so far operated by TUI B787

A good come back for the airport

Sharklet_321
22nd Nov 2021, 08:07
Pretty sure the airport could sustain a weekly service to Barbados in the winter (not just for cruises) and Orlando in the summer but will probably have to wait till covid is well and truly behind us for that type of commitment from TUI.

With BRS runway limited and SOU (for long-haul) then BOH really does have a unique proposition for the South as long as the airport themselves are focused on this segment of the market. I pray that they are not trying to talk to Flybe 2.0. Not just because I have doubts about Flybe 2.0, but because BOH has proven time and time again that regional op's don't work. Leave that to SOU.

ATNotts
22nd Nov 2021, 09:20
Obviously very much dependent upon which side of Bristol / Southwest England you're starting point is, surely the obvious choice for Barbados and Orlando / Melbourne / Sanford (or wherever else the tour operators decide to fly next in Central Florida) is BHX, it's surely a heck of a trek to Bournemouth from the north and central parts of the region. And anyway, hasn't BRS already had direct flights from TUI to Florida on the 787? Perhaps I'm mistaken on that.

cavokblues
22nd Nov 2021, 09:32
BRS has regular summer flights to Orlando and Cancun.

ATNotts
22nd Nov 2021, 09:33
Did they always make it non stop with a full passenger load? Cancun appear to be a heck of a lot further than Sanford.

cavokblues
22nd Nov 2021, 10:01
I'm not sure re payload restrictions. I assume there must be but not 100% certain. In 2018 a few Cancun flights did have to go via Manchester, depending on the conditions.

MerchantVenturer
22nd Nov 2021, 11:12
BRS-Florida operates non-stop with the TUI Boeing 787-8 series. Occasionally a 9 series has stood in but I don't know how that affects en-route fuel take-up. Weather conditions sometimes see the aircraft on the outbound sector having to take on fuel on BRS-Cancun, usually at MAN as cavokblues has stated. Both routes are shown as 2 x weekly in summer 2022.

I doubt that BOH would pick up many passengers from most of the BRS catchment if there were no TUI summer transatlantic charters from BRS. If there was no BRS service there would probably be one from CWL instead which is closer to most of the BRS catchment than BOH, and BHX is another option particularly for those in the northern part of the BRS catchment. Thomson and others used to operate summer transatlantic charters from CWL which were well supported and many people find it surprising that no-one does currently.

Slightly perverse, at least superficially considering the summer situation, is that both BOH and CWL usually have more winter transatlantic charters than BRS.

Vokes55
22nd Nov 2021, 13:05
MerchantVenturer

The demographic that take Caribbean cruises is generally different to that that visit Disneyland or spend two weeks in Cancun. Cruise flights have always been popular out of airports like Bournemouth, but mass market destinations like Orlando and Cancun will operate from the airports with the largest catchment areas. For Bristol, that includes more or less the entire South West. As for regular long haul flights out of Bournemouth, no chance.

dixi188
22nd Nov 2021, 19:55
Are the cruise flights from BOH fly out and cruise back or vise-versa?
I thought this might be the case as it's near the Southampton port.

ROC10
22nd Nov 2021, 22:04
Nope, the flights will be something along the lines of:

Outbound: BOH-BGI-MAN

Inbound: MAN-BGI-BOH (2 weeks later)

Sharklet_321
23rd Nov 2021, 11:05
A return to Bergerac EGC and new flights to Zadar from Bournemouth next summer, 2022. Both twice weekly on Tue and Sat.

Effective 29th March 2022 until 29th October 2022.

BOH-ZAD is operated by Lauda Europe Airbus A320 on a w pattern
BOH-EGC is operated by a BOH based Ryanair aircraft

MARKEYD
23rd Nov 2021, 16:29
Great to see Zadar added to the list of destinations
Croatia is a long over due destination and no doubt should prove really popular

Malta and Paphos still missing from the schedule but it’s also missing from many over UK airports served by Ryanair so suspecting they are playing hard ball with MLA & PFO at the moment, would be most surprised to see these not appear later

All in all a really good selection of new destinations beginning to emerge

Flitefone
26th Nov 2021, 11:17
Recovery seems to be going well for BOH, October saw 47.5k pax, compared to 38k for August and again in September. Freight also consistently more than 2000 tons/month, putting the airport regularly within the top ten air freight destinations for UK. Good to see.

bob1810
27th Jan 2022, 20:22
Help! I cannot find the latest threads for Bournemouth? The last entry was 26th November 2021? TIA.

Flitefone
28th Jan 2022, 06:32
Help! I cannot find the latest threads for Bournemouth? The last entry was 26th November 2021? TIA.

latest an interesting read: https://www.bournemouthairport.com/bournemouth-airport-hosts-aviation-minister/

MARKEYD
29th Jan 2022, 16:45
Good to see that EasyJet have added an extra Sunday service to Geneva in March, flight arrival times are about the same as the SOU service , this makes 6 flights a week

Quite an impressive arrival yesterday of 3 cargo flights in the depths of January , the 747 and one A340 landing within 10 min of each other

Air Atlanta Icelandic 744 from Keflavik and 2 A340 from JFK and Fuzhou

RW20
29th Jan 2022, 18:06
Good news for Bournemouth,at least there is some good news on the South Coast
Little happening at Southampton

shamrock7seal
31st Jan 2022, 12:38
BOH could become similar to PIK for cargo with some scheduled services by Cargolux, FedEx and Amazon in the future - but short-haul links to EMA & the Channel Islands would make it a true 'hub'.

BOH will soon have to make adjustments to it's aircraft parking on the main apron to be able to accommodate widebodies if the cargo services continue. The best location would be directly opposite the current stands 11,10,9,8,7. They could taxi straight on to new stands 12, 13, 14, say, from Taxiway B.

Pax service wise it is very respectable that BOH hasn't lost any services and seems to be at pre-pandemic levels for S22, although I was expecting at least EDI & BFS to come back from the S22 season. Surprising that it hasn't .... yet.

SWBKCB
31st Jan 2022, 16:04
BOH could become similar to PIK for cargo with some scheduled services by Cargolux, FedEx and Amazon in the future - but short-haul links to EMA & the Channel Islands would make it a true 'hub'.

BOH will soon have to make adjustments to it's aircraft parking on the main apron to be able to accommodate widebodies if the cargo services continue. The best location would be directly opposite the current stands 11,10,9,8,7. They could taxi straight on to new stands 12, 13, 14, say, from Taxiway B.

Pax service wise it is very respectable that BOH hasn't lost any services and seems to be at pre-pandemic levels for S22, although I was expecting at least EDI & BFS to come back from the S22 season. Surprising that it hasn't .... yet.

or it could all disappear as the need for PPE declines and more widebodies come back on to Trans-atlantic flights

pax britanica
1st Feb 2022, 13:41
It will be interesting to see if long haul A321s will allow BRS Transatlantic on any scale . I know the 757 used to get to EWR from there. If they can do transAtlantic they can do Dubai and the gulf too .

BRS has a good catchment area relatively close by and 'is the only major airport in the SW' even if it is barely in the SW itself. Biggest drawback is how hard it is to get to, even from Bristol, because of its odd location no rail and only minor roads even if some are A roads..

bob1810
9th Feb 2022, 10:56
Is there any news about new routes and carriers from BOH

Flitefone
9th Feb 2022, 13:31
Is there any news about new routes and carriers from BOH
see article linked in post 155, also some hints that EZY may resume EDI & BFS for the summer hols, much as in 2021

Sharklet_321
14th Feb 2022, 10:22
I would be very surprised if easyJet didn’t resume their EDI and BFS summer holiday routes.

MARKEYD
4th Mar 2022, 09:37
EasyJet are continuing with the Geneva route for next winter 2022 / 23

Schedules are the same as this season with 5 a week

Loads in February and March have picked up considerably compared to January when French restrictions were in place
An extra Sunday flight has been added for March

I think by now EasyJet would have announced if any domestic flights would be operating and on sale

SKOJB
4th Mar 2022, 09:57
EasyJet are continuing with the Geneva route for next winter 2022 / 23

Schedules are the same as this season with 5 a week

Loads in February and March have picked up considerably compared to January when French restrictions were in place
An extra Sunday flight has been added for March

I think by now EasyJet would have announced if any domestic flights would be operating and on sale

EDI/BFS based planes will most definitely be focussed this summer on sun routes abroad!

MARKEYD
7th Mar 2022, 11:52
Ryanair have added extra flights to Faro and Gerona on a Sunday throughout the summer starting from April
This takes the schedule to 4 a week to both destinations

shamrock7seal
25th Mar 2022, 23:54
BOH is building new concrete stands for the A340 cargo ops. Good news!

MARKEYD
28th Mar 2022, 10:08
Bournemouth handled near on 32,000 passengers during February , a good figure compared to CWL , NWI , PIK , EXT and DSA which were all below this figure

Have not done an individual route profile for over 15 months but looking at some of the regular routes they seem to have improved considerably this year

DUB , ALC , AGP, BUD , KRK all about mid 75% loads ( cheap fares for some routes ) with Ryanair

The 2 Barbados cruise charters went out full on a TUI B789 with more planned early 2023

TUI are using Alba Star B738 on the Thursday Palma flight but still nothing decided on the Antalya service ( probably Freebird )

Ryanair should start to release a winter program in the next few weeks

Buster the Bear
28th Mar 2022, 21:58
https://www.air101.co.uk/2022/03/european-cargo-announces-investment-to.html

LTNman
29th Mar 2022, 09:16
A Buffalo Airways Boeing 737 300SF will be coming out of the hangar in the next couple of months before heading for Northern Canada making it their first 737.

https://youtu.be/Bn4eQek3sKM

Flitefone
6th Apr 2022, 21:25
Avoid travel chaos by flying out from these stress-free alternative airports (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/avoid-travel-chaos-by-flying-out-from-these-stress-free-alternative-airports/ar-AAVUPd0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9ffafa4b3d13495cb128c83c2fcc5dd0)

FF

SWBKCB
7th Apr 2022, 06:38
Avoid travel chaos by flying out from these stress-free alternative airports (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/avoid-travel-chaos-by-flying-out-from-these-stress-free-alternative-airports/ar-AAVUPd0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9ffafa4b3d13495cb128c83c2fcc5dd0)

FF

Broken link - and fine if you want to fly to the limited number of destinations and timings available...

Flitefone
7th Apr 2022, 10:44
Broken link - and fine if you want to fly to the limited number of destinations and timings available...

Thanks - Link still fine for me, and yes that is rather the point, where the choice exists, use it.

FF

Sharklet_321
7th Apr 2022, 16:36
Wizz Air appear to be recruiting for Cabin Crew in Bournemouth April 12th at the Mecure Hotel.

BOHEuropean
7th Apr 2022, 17:20
Wizz Air appear to be recruiting for Cabin Crew in Bournemouth April 12th at the Mecure Hotel.

This is how Wizzair recruit; they also have them planned for Exeter and Southampton. It has no relation on the airline having ops at ops.

rog747
8th Apr 2022, 13:04
UK Easter Recruitment Sprint - Wizz Air -

They seem to have a road show going on around the South and West but from reading further on in the info pages the base in the UK is for LGW for those recruitment days (ie those held at BOH and EXT)

LTN and DSA CWL was mentioned as separate recruitment days for those bases.

shamrock7seal
9th Apr 2022, 08:20
That's a shame! Really could see Wizzair putting a couple of A321NEO's into Bournemouth as there are some gaps in the route map that would work today including Barcelona, Fuerteventura, Funchal, Bucharest (Romania), Rome, Innsbruck (Winter), Prague, Warsaw, Nice, Amsterdam, Paris, Venice, Tel Aviv, Abu Dhabi (range OK for a 321NEO?), Dubrovnik, Pula/Split (Croatia), Salzburg (Winter), Seville, Jerez (Summer only)

Wizzair are just as effective as Ryanair at enlarging the natural catchment area for an airport to 90-120 minutes drive-time which makes the routes more viable. CWL is the next base to the west and LGW to the east, so BOH does make a geographically sensible next option for them.

VickersVicount
9th Apr 2022, 09:56
That's a shame! Really could see Wizzair putting a couple of A321NEO's into Bournemouth as there are some gaps in the route map that would work today including Barcelona, Fuerteventura, Funchal, Bucharest (Romania), Rome, Innsbruck (Winter), Prague, Warsaw, Nice, Amsterdam, Paris, Venice, Tel Aviv, Abu Dhabi (range OK for a 321NEO?), Dubrovnik, Pula/Split (Croatia), Salzburg (Winter), Seville, Jerez (Summer only)

Wizzair are just as effective as Ryanair at enlarging the natural catchment area for an airport to 90-120 minutes drive-time which makes the routes more viable. CWL is the next base to the west and LGW to the east, so BOH does make a geographically sensible next option for them.
TLV? AUH? I would doubt it. Even Bucharest/Warsaw nowadays is a longshot.
FNC and FUE perhaps.

SKOJB
9th Apr 2022, 10:16

bucket and spade only from BOH, the other suggestions are nothing but a pipe dream!

adfly
9th Apr 2022, 11:00
bucket and spade only from BOH, the other suggestions are nothing but a pipe dream!
I wouldn't simplify it that much. City routes seem to do reasonably well - Ryanair are currently serving Krakow, Budapest, Dublin, Wroclaw.

The likes of Barcelona, Bucharest and Rome would probably be feasible 2-3 times per week.

cliver029
10th Apr 2022, 07:27
As someone who has done no flying (for various reasons) for four years I'm at a loss to figure it out
so I'll ask nicely but what do the numbers against the various airport names mean, please?

okay got my hat and coat, door?

MARKEYD
10th Apr 2022, 10:29
Still no airline / aircraft been allocated to the TUI Antalya flight on a Friday and the first flight is in 3 weeks

The Dalaman service is now being operated by TUI on a W pattern from Doncaster

SealinkBF
10th Apr 2022, 11:48
As someone who has done no flying (for various reasons) for four years I'm at a loss to figure it out
so I'll ask nicely but what do the numbers against the various airport names mean, please?

okay got my hat and coat, door?

If you mean on the thread titles, it's the number of threads on that airport or airline, so this is the fifth thread that has been started on Bournemouth.

Flitefone
12th Apr 2022, 07:48
Cargo investment

https://www.aircargonews.net/cargo-airport/bournemouth-airport-launches-cargo-handling-operation/

SWBKCB
12th Apr 2022, 08:24
EASA are dropping the exemption for P2F from 31/07. Presumably other regulatory authorities will follow suit at some stage. How will that impact BOH and the A340's?

https://www.easa.europa.eu/newsroom-and-events/news/easa-update-transportation-cargo-passenger-compartments

MARKEYD
12th Apr 2022, 09:07
https://www.aircargonews.net/business/finance/european-cargo-announces-growth-accelerator-investment/

Not really effecting the cargo aircraft here as they are being converted fully

Flitefone
12th Apr 2022, 09:14
EASA are dropping the exemption for P2F from 31/07. Presumably other regulatory authorities will follow suit at some stage. How will that impact BOH and the A340's?

https://www.easa.europa.eu/newsroom-and-events/news/easa-update-transportation-cargo-passenger-compartments

it should help them, all the 340’s and the Maleth 330s are being converted to P2F using the Avensis Aviation solutions, announced about 6 months ago, Lots of info about this on the web.

FF

SWBKCB
12th Apr 2022, 14:05
Fully converted as with main-deck door, floor and fire suppresant system? Avensis also seem to be marketing a combi set-up, which was a bit of a surprise, who allows this now?

Flitefone
18th Apr 2022, 09:25
Fully converted as with main-deck door, floor and fire suppresant system? Avensis also seem to be marketing a combi set-up, which was a bit of a surprise, who allows this now?

Lots on the web about what each conversion will be, both the Avensis web site and in the trade press and on Linkedin. the EASA STC for the conversion is expected Q2 2022, which fits with the EASA deadline. It seems that the 10 or so conversions sold to Maleth are for the Flight service A330 and the European Cargo A340 fleets, none of which are slated for the Main Deck Cargo Door. Cabin fire detection and suppression systems will be a big part of the STC. I'd expect the EASA certification to be ahead of UK CAA, so the Malta registered fleet probably first for conversion.

More interesting will be the impact on available capacity from August 1st. Several carriers will then cease to fly main deck cargo; Wamos (Spain) Hi-Fly (Malta/Portugal) Smartlynx and AirHub from the Baltics. Apparently some 40 aircraft affected in Europe (including Lufthansa and BA). This will bolster demand for the freighters remaining in service.

Its not yet clear to me at least whether the UK CAA exemption for cargo in the cabin will expire at the same time as EASA (July 31st), which may partly explain why three of European's A340 are UK registered. Either way, it looks from info in the public domain that all the European A340 will be converted this year. Also expecting additions to the European Cargo operating fleet according to recent press reports, I'd expect these to be more A340 and possibly A330.

Also noted that BOH is adding three wide body parking stands, primarily intended for Cargo (not just European), the airport is going after the London freight market - these new stands should be in service by mid summer.

Nice to see investment by the airport in this new infrastructure and the international participation in this locally based airline.

FF

RW20
18th Apr 2022, 15:19
Lots on the web about what each conversion will be, both the Avensis web site and in the trade press and on Linkedin. the EASA STC for the conversion is expected Q2 2022, which fits with the EASA deadline. It seems that the 10 or so conversions sold to Maleth are for the Flight service A330 and the European Cargo A340 fleets, none of which are slated for the Main Deck Cargo Door. Cabin fire detection and suppression systems will be a big part of the STC. I'd expect the EASA certification to be ahead of UK CAA, so the Malta registered fleet probably first for conversion.

More interesting will be the impact on available capacity from August 1st. Several carriers will then cease to fly main deck cargo; Wamos (Spain) Hi-Fly (Malta/Portugal) Smartlynx and AirHub from the Baltics. Apparently some 40 aircraft affected in Europe (including Lufthansa and BA). This will bolster demand for the freighters remaining in service.

Its not yet clear to me at least whether the UK CAA exemption for cargo in the cabin will expire at the same time as EASA (July 31st), which may partly explain why three of European's A340 are UK registered. Either way, it looks from info in the public domain that all the European A340 will be converted this year. Also expecting additions to the European Cargo operating fleet according to recent press reports, I'd expect these to be more A340 and possibly A330.

Also noted that BOH is adding three wide body parking stands, primarily intended for Cargo (not just European), the airport is going after the London freight market - these new stands should be in service by mid summer.

Nice to see investment by the airport in this new infrastructure and the international participation in this locally based airline.

FF
Excellent news for the airport,at least there is some investment for the South Coast that should safeguard the future for the airport.
Southampton seems still uncertain in any further developments with strong opposition

MARKEYD
22nd Apr 2022, 08:11
Update on aircraft and airlines using the airport this summer

TUI operating a based B738 and a W pattern aircraft to Dalaman

FR operating a based B738

Feeebird operating an A320 to Antalya 1 x week

Alba star operating a B738 to Palma 1 x week

Lauda operating an A320 4 x week to Palma and Zadar

Buzz operating an B738 and B73Max to Wrocław and Krakow 4 x week

uptoncol
22nd Apr 2022, 15:08
Update on aircraft and airlines using the airport this summer

TUI operating a based B738 and a W pattern aircraft to Dalaman

FR operating a based B738

Feeebird operating an A320 to Antalya 1 x week

Alba star operating a B738 to Palma 1 x week

Lauda operating an A320 4 x week to Palma and Zadar

Buzz operating an B738 and B73Max to Wrocław and Krakow 4 x week

Its Freebird operating the flight on a Monday to Dalaman now ,Instead of the W pattern TUI flight .

MARKEYD
25th Apr 2022, 18:33
Ryanair have started to load their winter schedule for Bournemouth which sees the return of Lisbon which was postponed this summer due to a dispute with the Portuguese government over unused slots

Wrocław and Budapest continues as well 2 x week

The based aircraft sees a lot more use of destinations this winter rather than sitting around on the ramp

Rutan16
25th Apr 2022, 19:54
Excellent news for the airport,at least there is some investment for the South Coast that should safeguard the future for the airport.
Southampton seems still uncertain in any further developments with strong opposition

The CAAC in China has already cancelled the exemption for Chinese carriers and as much of the west continues to open their economies and down grade COVID19 measures imho the P2F market has already peaked .

Buster the Bear
25th Apr 2022, 21:51
The CAAC in China has already cancelled the exemption for Chinese carriers and as much of the west continues to open their economies and down grade COVID19 measures imho the P2F market has already peaked .

I think you will find that the rise and rise of E-Commerce that expanded during the pandemic, has mainly been sustained. Only a global recession could quell that...........

Flitefone
26th Apr 2022, 16:21
Boeing have a clear view, this from their current freight demand forecast:Global Freighter Fleet to Grow More Than 60% to 3,260 Over the Next Two Decades A combination of 4.0% annual average traffic growth, measured in tonne-kilometers, and a proven need for dedicated freighter capacity means the freighter fleet will grow by more than 60% over the next two decades. By 2039, 2,430 freighters are forecast to be delivered, with approximately half replacing retiring airplanes and the remainder needed to meet projected traffic growth. More than one-third of these deliveries will be new widebody cargo airplanes; nearly two-thirds of the deliveries will be conversions from passenger airplanes.

source: https://www.boeing.com/commercial/market/cargo-forecast/

FF

MARKEYD
27th Apr 2022, 10:53
Surprise addition to the summer schedule is the return of Malta starting again in July

Operates 2 x week Tue and Sat using a
Malta air 737 max

Sharklet_321
27th Apr 2022, 19:37
…also Lisbon has been re-added to W22/23 twice per week on Mondays and Fridays.

Buster the Bear
27th Apr 2022, 20:34
More info here about the route to Malta. https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/bournemouth-to-gain-new-malta-route-this-summer-33956

Sharklet_321
28th May 2022, 10:57
Bournemouth handled over 60,000 passengers in April 2022 compared with 48,000 at SOU

vectisman
28th May 2022, 11:07
Bournemouth handled over 60,000 passengers in April 2022 compared with 48,000 at SOU

And your point is?

MARKEYD
29th May 2022, 16:41
Bournemouth handled 60 , 772 passengers in April

Starting to see good loads on all route’s although Easter played a part in the figures

Ryanair saw on the new routes to Budapest about 77% load factors and 80 % on Wraclaw and Dublin

Zadar and Bergerac start next month

TUI also had high loads on all there Spanish routes and Pafos

The main summer services started this May though, fingers crossed they seem unaffected with minor delays and full catering out of BOH

Not sure what’s happening with the cargo operation though , it’s been incredibly quiet this May with only training flights taking place , any reason ?

RW20
29th May 2022, 17:06
Bournemouth handled 60 , 772 passengers in April

Starting to see good loads on all route’s although Easter played a part in the figures

Ryanair saw on the new routes to Budapest about 77% load factors and 80 % on Wraclaw and Dublin

Zadar and Bergerac start next month

TUI also had high loads on all there Spanish routes and Pafos

The main summer services started this May though, fingers crossed they seem unaffected with minor delays and full catering out of BOH

Not sure what’s happening with the cargo operation though , it’s been incredibly quiet this May with only training flights taking place , any reason ?

Excellent figures for Bournemouth,it continues to outstrip Southampton,how times have changed!

Rivet Joint
29th May 2022, 19:06
And your point is?

Disclaimer: The word “yield” doesn’t exist on the Bournemouth thread.

I think the business getting 48,000 people paying hundreds of pounds a ticket are doing better than the business getting 60,000 paying a few pounds a ticket. BOH of course isn’t just about commercial flights though so let’s not start a debate on which is better as they both have a place.

SKOJB
29th May 2022, 20:33
Excellent figures for Bournemouth,it continues to outstrip Southampton,how times have changed!

don't panic RW20, we know you cannot stomach anything SOU but things will change for the better over the next 12 months at the airport!

ATNotts
30th May 2022, 12:36
At least here in the English Midlands we don't suffer too much from the sort of petty "football fan" type sniping between EMA and BHX that appears to exist not only between BOH and SOU, but between MAN and LPL, and GLA and LPL judging by threads on AA&R.

Airports play to their commercial and geographical strengths, and pre Covid and before the demise of Flybe the two principal South Coast airports did exactly that, with SOU serving primarily the business market, and BOH the leisure markets. Airports are business, not football teams!!

vectisman
30th May 2022, 13:36
At least here in the English Midlands we don't suffer too much from the sort of petty "football fan" type sniping between EMA and BHX that appears to exist not only between BOH and SOU, but between MAN and LPL, and GLA and LPL judging by threads on AA&R.

Airports play to their commercial and geographical strengths, and pre Covid and before the demise of Flybe the two principal South Coast airports did exactly that, with SOU serving primarily the business market, and BOH the leisure markets. Airports are business, not football teams!!
Excellent and refreshing post.

SWBKCB
30th May 2022, 14:17
Disclaimer: The word “yield” doesn’t exist on the Bournemouth thread.

I think the business getting 48,000 people paying hundreds of pounds a ticket are doing better than the business getting 60,000 paying a few pounds a ticket. BOH of course isn’t just about commercial flights though so let’s not start a debate on which is better as they both have a place.

But airports don't operate flights, so how relevant is the fare paid? It's a mote point as to whether the business traveller getting dropped off by his wife and grabbing a paper and a coffee is a better costumer than the family parking the car for the week and eating, drinking and shopping in the terminal...

Rusty Irish
30th May 2022, 14:33
As long as AGS continue to run Southampton it'll lag. Look at the three airports they run. All stagnating, struggling to maintain routes.

The worst airport operator in Britain. BOH will be delighted by the mismanagement.

Jamesair1
30th May 2022, 15:43
As I see it, Bournemouth is going to attract airlines such as Ryanair due to its runway length and unconstrained availability to suit its type of operation, whereas Southampton is restrained by issues such as runway length and probably, stand issues. A place exists for the co-existance of both airports.

Sharklet_321
7th Jun 2022, 11:10
New Ryanair route to Lanzarote every Sunday from 30th Oct taking total Ryanair destinations from Bournemouth to 17.

BOH-ACE 13:40-17:25 ACE-BOH 18:00-21:45

MARKEYD
7th Jun 2022, 12:03
That’s good news with Ryanair but prehaps they should start Fuerteventura again , was always a popular route ( guess they have the figures though)

Malta is continuing this winter as well , it’s just been added on a Sunday using Malta Air 737 max

Las Palmas looks as if it’s been swapped with Lanzarote as not bookable past Oct

Sharklet_321
27th Jun 2022, 08:45
First of the re-launched 3-weekly China cargo flights departed today. Consignment is commercial and not PPE related which is good news for the longer-term.

Not seen or heard anything on the conversion progress of the A340's.

MARKEYD
6th Jul 2022, 11:01
Disappointing to see Ryanair remove Lisbon from booking again , this time for the winter schedule
Was to have been operated by the BOH based aircraft

Flitefone
6th Jul 2022, 12:07
Disappointing to see Ryanair remove Lisbon from booking again , this time for the winter schedule
Was to have been operated by the BOH based aircraft

Slots at Lisbon again, RYR did not get the allocations they sought. A good many planned routes from LIS impacted

MARKEYD
21st Jul 2022, 09:04
New Ryanair route to Venice

Ryanair are starting a new route this winter to Venice Marco Polo from Dec
The flights are 2 x week on Thursday and Sunday and are operated by Malta Air

Good new destination for sure , would imagine this will be a popular route

Sharklet_321
21st Jul 2022, 19:11
Is the new VCE route using the open Lisbon slots for the BOH based aircraft?

Flitefone
21st Jul 2022, 19:34
Is the new VCE route using the open Lisbon slots for the BOH based aircraft?

No, its a VCE based aircraft, the dropped Lisbon routes did not include Venice, so LIS slots not relevant beyond releasing aircraft capacity.

https://twitter.com/seanm1997/status/1550065442995245057?s=21&t=9ot1VNUgLy5AZEZAkN8_wQ

MARKEYD
3rd Aug 2022, 15:52
Bournemouth handled 87 , 349 passengers in June
quite an impressive figure

Ryanair’s new routes to Bergerac and Zadar started mid June and saw roughly 70% loads

All the Spanish routes were averaging about 90% with Ryanair and TUI about 97 %

TUI flights to 5 Greek islands also performed extremely well all averaging around 97%
Hopefully next summer will see some new destinations around Greece and some more 2x week flights there

The new route to Budapest and Wrocław was about 88 % whilst Krakow was near 98%

Article in the local rag today saying that Ryanair were very happy with the BOH operation this summer with forward bookings very good

SKOJB
3rd Aug 2022, 16:34
Bournemouth handled 87 , 349 passengers in June
quite an impressive figure

Ryanair’s new routes to Bergerac and Zadar started mid June and saw roughly 70% loads

All the Spanish routes were averaging about 90% with Ryanair and TUI about 97 %

TUI flights to 5 Greek islands also performed extremely well all averaging around 97%
Hopefully next summer will see some new destinations around Greece and some more 2x week flights there

The new route to Budapest and Wrocław was about 88 % whilst Krakow was near 98%

Article in the local rag today saying that Ryanair were very happy with the BOH operation this summer with forward bookings very good

Decent numbers, sure they are making hay whilst the sun shines!

Sharklet_321
12th Aug 2022, 11:27
Ryanair has cut a number of routes from its Budapest base citing the latest government tax. Unfortunately the Bournemouth route is one of them.

MARKEYD
29th Aug 2022, 10:39
July passenger figures out and Bournemouth handled a massive 97, 553

Really good figure considering the constraints that are happening everywhere

TUI loads were pretty much full to all destinations with the Greek islands and Cyprus in particular

Cyprus could well have done with Ryanair this summer as demand is huge and nothing available with TUI till end of season

The new Budapest route was around 90% full along with Krakow
Shame the BUD is suspended this winter , hopefully will return next summer along with LIS if they can reach an agreement abroad

Next summer schedule with FR should be loaded beginning of September

RW20
29th Aug 2022, 16:25
July passenger figures out and Bournemouth handled a massive 97, 553

Really good figure considering the constraints that are happening everywhere

TUI loads were pretty much full to all destinations with the Greek islands and Cyprus in particular

Cyprus could well have done with Ryanair this summer as demand is huge and nothing available with TUI till end of season

The new Budapest route was around 90% full along with Krakow
Shame the BUD is suspended this winter , hopefully will return next summer along with LIS if they can reach an agreement abroad

Next summer schedule with FR should be loaded beginning of September
Bournemouth continues to be the top airport along the South Coast,far outstripping SOU figures even with BACF operations
Surely more destinations will follow for Bournemouth

shamrock7seal
2nd Sep 2022, 12:58
Something on Ryanair thread about new routes to Glasgow and Belfast??? But not sure Ryanair UK has spare jets???

Buster the Bear
22nd Sep 2022, 11:15
Malta a new route?

https://www.maltatoday.com.mt/business/business_news/118871/ryanair_hangar_eyes_november_completion_with_five_new_routes #.YyxCXnbMIuU

Sharklet_321
22nd Sep 2022, 12:49
''The Bournemouth route was the one the Maltese authorities were most keen on introducing'' That's nice to read!

shamrock7seal
1st Oct 2022, 09:37
Bournemouth is doing well it seems this summer. 634,000 passengers year to date.

SKOJB
1st Oct 2022, 10:44
Bournemouth is doing well it seems this summer. 634,000 passengers year to date.

Definitely taken advantage of leisure coming back stronger versus business after the pandemic and the airport seems to have a sweet spot of circa 1m pax p/a. However not sure this is likely to be increased much further with core TUI/RYR routes having been served for years and don’t see any further airline expansion on the horizon

MARKEYD
1st Oct 2022, 12:25
Pre Covid there was TUI with a 2nd based aircraft about to be based with destinations including Skiathos , Salzburg and Egypt put on sale with extra flights to Rhodes , Tenerife and Cyprus

Ryanair as well was looking to base a second aircraft but obviously this never happened

Who knows what will happen again next year with a possible recession on the cards but somehow people still want to travel and still find the money somewhere to go

rog747
2nd Oct 2022, 12:10
The plan for TUI with a 2nd based BOH aircraft back before the Covid meltdown was to be shared with EXT.

IIRC it was a LTN 737 with up to 3 days at EXT and up to 4 days at BOH.
Also I think the last I read was there was still a spare BOH rotation to be filled on one of the days it was expected there.

Summer 2022 has sold really well for TUI at BOH EXT BRS and SOU and despite the airline's problems with PR, tech reliability and other delays due to other sources, I would expect sales for 2023 will be booming - Ah but, we could start to maybe from this month that folk will have to start looking at their £££ closely, and although holidays are always where we 'find' some money for them I am not so sure about next year.

Sharklet_321
2nd Oct 2022, 18:37
Prices will be diving that’s all.

The demand will be high.

2023 will be the year of pile it high sell it cheap

Buster the Bear
2nd Oct 2022, 21:00

The demand will be high.

I doubt if any holidays or scheduled fares will be cheap. I read that prices were expected to be at least 40% higher than Summer 2019. That figure coming from the travel industry.

Pain in the R's
2nd Oct 2022, 21:12

The demand will be high.

In your dreams. If they indeed sell them cheap they will sell them at substantial losses. I always go away for October half term but not this year and not next year either. The savings made this year will cover my extra energy costs this winter. Better to have 30 weeks of heat than one week of sunshine.

roxytoo
5th Oct 2022, 13:19
Does anyone know when Ryanair will release flights from Bournemouth to Alicante from April 2023?

MARKEYD
11th Oct 2022, 21:23
Good to see Ryanair have added extra flights over Xmas and New Year to the following destinations
Alicante, Faro , Malaga, Venice, Wroclaw and Krakow

Believe that Ryanair will announce the summer schedule for 23 in the next 2 weeks

Flitefone
12th Oct 2022, 21:02
https://twitter.com/seanm1997/status/1580223594722103296?s=46&t=knExSExb5Vb85mQN09E1wQ

shamrock7seal
13th Oct 2022, 08:17
Really would like Lisbon to come back permanently & year-round; it's a destination I travel to a lot and need to go from London now!!

Flitefone
13th Oct 2022, 08:32
Really would like Lisbon to come back permanently & year-round; it's a destination I travel to a lot and need to go from London now!!

Lisbon is one of the most slot constrained airports in Europe, RYR (and others) unlikely to get what they want until the airport invests in runway capacity enhancing measures. TAP were obliged to relinquish some runway slots in June, RYR were after them but the EU allocated the 18 former TAP slots to EZY. Hence the BOH news. Meanwhile as recently as yesterday TAP announced measures to counter the lack of LIS slots including use of larger aircraft, so don't hold your breath!

FF

LTNman
14th Oct 2022, 10:09
Noticed this departure from JFK leaving at 7:30 local. So what’s that all about?

https://i.imgur.com/GU0pRwX.jpg

LGS6753
14th Oct 2022, 11:34
It's a cargo flight on an A346.

Le Tirer
20th Oct 2022, 14:30
Palma has now been loaded by Ryanair for Summer 2023 with an increase from 8 to 9 flights per week. Daily flights as in 2022 with an extra flight on Thursday and Friday but Saturday back to a single flight.
The Tuesday flight is shown to be operated by Lauda

LT

MARKEYD
20th Oct 2022, 17:22
The Palma flights are nearly all BOH based aircraft for next summer which this year were all PMI based along with TFS and LPA which have been loaded are BOH based

It’s a bit early to say but on certain days already with these 3 routes loaded “ possibly “ looks to be 2 BOH based aircraft

Flitefone
20th Oct 2022, 20:37
The Palma flights are nearly all BOH based aircraft for next summer which this year were all PMI based along with TFS and LPA which have been loaded are BOH based

It’s a bit early to say but on certain days already with these 3 routes loaded “ possibly “ looks to be 2 BOH based aircraft

Heard last week that the 2nd based RYR confirmed for Summer 23. Announcement soon.

FF

sealo0
28th Oct 2022, 12:36
From the local paper Dorset Echo

The budget airline will offer almost 40 flights a week from the Hurn site, including new winter routes to Lanzarote and Venice.

It says the winter schedule creates 30 local jobs directly and supports around 470 around the airport.

Ryanair’s head of communications, Jade Kirwan, said the company was expecting to reach 585,000 passengers through Bournemouth Airport by the end of the year.

She said the airline’s winter schedule from Bournemouth mixed “winter sun” destinations with “city break locations including Venice, Dublin and Krakow”.

“We’ve had an aircraft based in Bournemouth for all of last winter. We’re going to be keeping that there this winter. This is a 100million dollar investment,” she said.
Have to say I’m not a fan of Ryanair but it’s good for BOH

Mike

MARKEYD
28th Oct 2022, 16:56
Good to see EasyJet operating extra services to Geneva this winter

From February the schedule is now daily except Sunday and 2 x Saturday

Sharklet_321
31st Oct 2022, 15:00
Any news due soon on additional Ryanair services and based aircraft?

MARKEYD
3rd Nov 2022, 17:51
Some brilliant news for Bournemouth as it finally gets a second based aircraft with Ryanair

Schedules are beginning to be loaded and 2 aircraft are now needed

Increased flights to Palma are 9 a week
Alicante now 6 a week
Gerona now 5 a week

Zadar , Faro and Bergerac are still to be added , I would imagine a proper announcement will come from Ryanair when they officially announce

MARKEYD
10th Nov 2022, 08:19
TUI have added an extra flight to Rhodes for next summer 23 taking the route to 2 x week now

The extra flight operates on a Tuesday but looks
not to be operated by TUI ( not sure who they would use to operate this flight? )

P&O have added 2 flights to Barbados and Hays have added 1 extra flight to operate the winter 23/24 cruise season using TUI B787
This takes the number of flights to 7

N707ZS
10th Nov 2022, 08:51
Any news on the CL 44D.

dixi188
10th Nov 2022, 16:34
Any news on the CL 44D.
It was still there yesterday.