PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair-11

Pages : 1 2 [3]

MANFAN
31st Mar 2023, 17:15
As far as i am aware, you can not do this on Ryanair Its been a long standing thing and i don't believe its changed. So you pay the currency of the country the booked flight is departing from (if one way fare).

E.g;
One way STN-DUB will be £ Sterling.
One way DUB-STN will be € Euro.
Return booking STN-DUB-STN will be £ Sterling.

I believe any change fees are usually the same, e.g the original currency for the flight booking too. I dont believe you'll be charged extra however for using a French card though. Their fees will be as stated. It will then just depend on your card for any transaction fees for paying in Sterling.

Thanks for the info.
I opted to change a flight and there was no fare difference, so only the £45 flight change fee, this was shown in sterling despite the origin of the flight being Dublin. I had 15 euro's on a voucher left so I added this to the fee which reduced it to £31,82. I made the payment with my French card (my bank HSBC do not charge me a fee for a transaction in sterling) but after checking my amount today, I have been debited 62,95 euro's...so something has gone wrong!

eu01
4th Apr 2023, 10:02
The news has been published on April Fool's Day, nevertheless some true facts in this article do not undermine its authenticity. Is Ryanair moving from Tuzla to Sarajevo? (https://sarajevotimes.com/is-ryanair-moving-from-tuzla-to-sarajevo/)

Buster the Bear
4th Apr 2023, 21:48
I see the training hack Boeing 737-700 EI-SEV, has been registered in Poland. Will it still be used for training?

Skipness One Foxtrot
5th Apr 2023, 23:02
I note that the latest two MAXs from Boeing have landed in Shannon on delivery. Are these the first new builds not to arrive in Dublin?

BFS BHD
13th Apr 2023, 18:52
Any word on when Ryanair will release their Winter 2023/24 flights?

VickersVicount
8th May 2023, 20:10
https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/ryanair-close-placing-major-boeing-order-sources-2023-05-08/

lfc84
8th May 2023, 21:03
Any word on when Ryanair will release their Winter 2023/24 flights?
Some flights are already on sale

In fact, I've got a reservation in February. My flight has been cancelled and they've rebooked me on to a later flight. They haven't notified me

BFS BHD
8th May 2023, 21:25
Some flights are already on sale

In fact, I've got a reservation in February. My flight has been cancelled and they've rebooked me on to a later flight. They haven't notified me

Yes since my last post more flights have been loaded into system and are being placed on sale.

lfc84
8th May 2023, 21:38
Yes since my last post more flights have been loaded into system and are being placed on sale.
I booked my Feb 24 flight at the end of December

tartan 201
9th May 2023, 12:38
Order for 150 MAX10s (+150 options)

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/09/ryanair-boeing-plane-order-for-737-10-max.html

rog747
9th May 2023, 14:28
Order for 150 MAX10s (+150 options)

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/09/ryanair-boeing-plane-order-for-737-10-max.html

They no doubt have got a decent, maybe even a BOGOF deal again - and if the 737M-10 does not get 'grandfather 737 rights' certification then Ryanair will get a shed load of compensation payments.

O’Leary said (quoted in the above press reveal) he has “no fear” that the high-density aircraft configuration will win regulators’ approval.

SWBKCB
9th May 2023, 14:35
And the more orders it gets, the harder it will be to turn down...

VickersVicount
9th May 2023, 14:59
wonder what overall expansion its for as they quite often replace relatively young existing 737’s albeit with slightly larger capacity. I would also be interested in their overall route expansion as they seem to cull as many routes as they start. Where can a shed load of 737-10’s go?
Their quick boarding will be put to test with >220 seats unless they use that tiny wee auxiliary emergency exit aft of wing too! (im joking)

JW95
9th May 2023, 16:12
Congrats FR! Looking forward to seeing the MAX-10 in their colours :) I hope they'll be *slightly* more comfortable than W6's cramped A321s.

What I'd be interested in is what the implications of this order are on the Lauda Europe operation. FR extended the A320 leases in the summer of last year I believe, and nowhere in the press release notes does it indicate that this new order will be used to partially replace Lauda's A320s, with 50% of these instead being targeted towards replacements for the oldest 737NGs. I wonder if FR will decide on ordering additional second-hand A320s for expansion purposes, as many more will be coming online as other airlines transition to the A320-NEO family? I personally hope that the A320 will remain in the FR group, as it does feel more spacious compared to the 737, and lacks the hideous bright yellow interior that FR uses.

pabely
9th May 2023, 18:40
Lets hope they don't get stung like TUI who ordered Max 10s in 2017 are are still waiting (and suffering for it). If FAA/EASA say new type mods then that will be a lot of additional costs.

toledoashley
10th May 2023, 06:33
Lets hope they don't get stung like TUI who ordered Max 10s in 2017 are are still waiting (and suffering for it). If FAA/EASA say new type mods then that will be a lot of additional costs.

One would assume they would get extra 8200’s as compensation if that were to happen.

EI-BUD
10th May 2023, 06:50
I would imagine these new -10s will be part of a rigorous programme to replace the oldest 738s and also to aid expansion. I think the A320s have enabled Ryanair to step in to the breach to pick up type rates crew from other airlines like at Stansted where Lauda since the pandemic have a pool of ex easyJet STN crew including A320 type rates pilots. I flew Lauda and thought it was great, so much so I'd probably choose a Lauda operated flight where there is a choice, e.g. DUB/STN or NOC/STN.

tartan 201
10th May 2023, 14:35
I would imagine these new -10s will be part of a rigorous programme to replace the oldest 738s and also to aid expansion.

No imagination required:

Ryanair expects 50% of these deliveries will replace older B737NGs, which will allow Ryanair to continue to operate one of Europe’s youngest, most fuel efficient, and environmentally sustainable aircraft fleets.

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-orders-300-boeing-737-max-10-aircraft-worth-40bn/

CCFAIRPORT
10th May 2023, 16:34
Do you know if RYANAIR is going to close CTA Base ? no flight after 28th October ....

cavokblues
10th May 2023, 18:27
They've had a disagreement with the airport and, Ryanair claim, unless the airport back tracks all flights from Catania will cease in October.

simoncorbett
11th May 2023, 07:49
Sounds unlike Ryanair 🤔… pretty sure same thing happened at Trapani & recently at Camiso ?? When the special rates run out …..

andymartin
12th May 2023, 09:12
Paid for a seat on STN - PMI due to be operated by a 738 recently, a/c change to a Max, and that's where I discovered seat 14 on a Max doesn't have a window! Grrrrr. Ryanair not interested in refunding my seat fee.

rog747
12th May 2023, 10:22
Paid for a seat on STN - PMI due to be operated by a 738 recently, a/c change to a Max, and that's where I discovered seat 14 on a Max doesn't have a window! Grrrrr. Ryanair not interested in refunding my seat fee.

If you have tried for a Refund and RYR/FR have refused, then just call your bank card company for a 'chargeback' claim - you should get a full refund of your seat fees to your payment card as the airline have failed to provide a service you paid for ie; a specific window seat, due to their own change of aircraft.

- were you not able to move to another row, or was the plane full >?

SWBKCB
12th May 2023, 11:08

Just a question, but in these situations are you paying for a window seat or are you paying to chose to sit in seat 14A (or whatever). So are you paying to chose a seat or paying for a seat with a view?

rog747
12th May 2023, 11:17
Just a question, but in these situations are you paying for a window seat or are you paying to chose to sit in seat 14A (or whatever). So are you paying to choose a seat or paying for a seat with a view?

I do think it's pretty OBS from the OP that this chap wanted a ''room with a view'' (a window seat) hence his disdain, n'est-ce pas?

SWBKCB
12th May 2023, 12:26
We know what he wanted, but in his contract with the airline, what is it the airline is selling?

rog747
12th May 2023, 12:55
We know what he wanted, but in his contract with the airline, what is it the airline is selling?

They sell 'window' seats to you - and I do take your point about ''contracts''

Dummy reservation - Bournemouth to Krakow
RA
roger axxx
04F Window
£7

Get off quick Seats
ROWS 2-5
Per person £7
Sit close to the exit and get served quickly on board
A speedy exit
Get served quick
Near the bathroom

OP did not get his window.....call his card company and ask for a chargeback

OzzyOzBorn
12th May 2023, 13:01
A similar situation happened to me when I had booked a window seat on a 2x2 LOT Embraer 195, only to find a 3x3 B738 waiting at the departure gate. The LOT representatives were very much shrugging their shoulders, saying that my party got the seat numbers we had paid for. But aisle seats aligned with the wings offering no external views whatsoever wasn't quite the idea! We didn't pay a substantial premium to be lumbered with that. Online customer services were far more understanding of the issue and did refund the seat reservation fees afew weeks later.

In the above case, the switch from E195 to B738 was for the whole season. I reminded them that they really needed to inform all customers who had paid to reserve seats of this significant change. It is not unusual for airline executives to work on the presumption that people pay a premium purely to sit alongside their family / friends. There are other reasons.

When a carrier changes aircraft type without informing customers in advance, seat selection fees should be refunded automatically.

daz211
12th May 2023, 13:21
Window seat and aisle seats are just descriptive, they show where the seat is located on the aircraft, no guarantee of an actual window.

OzzyOzBorn
12th May 2023, 14:02
Window seat and aisle seats are just descriptive, they show where the seat is located on the aircraft, no guarantee of an actual window.

Good point. I have long argued that airline seat-plans used for paid reservations should clearly identify those seats in the "windows" row which offer no view outside.

davidjohnson6
12th May 2023, 14:22
You can try reclaiming your money from Ryanair... but you may end up spending a LOT of time on the matter. Companies get reputations for a reason. Think carefully how much you consider your time to be worth as an hourly rate and sometimes it's best to treat a modest loss of money as a lesson not to do something (eg paying to reserve a seat with Ryanair) again

Disclaimer - I use Ryanair regularly but normally never pay for any of the extras like seat reservations for a reason

daz211
12th May 2023, 15:03
You can try reclaiming your money from Ryanair... but you may end up spending a LOT of time on the matter. Companies get reputations for a reason. Think carefully how much you consider your time to be worth as an hourly rate and sometimes it's best to treat a modest loss of money as a lesson not to do something (eg paying to reserve a seat with Ryanair) again

Disclaimer - I use Ryanair regularly but normally never pay for any of the extras like seat reservations for a reason

I was a little Bored 😐
I don’t think anyone would win any claim against Ryanair regarding None window, window seat, it’s all on their website / conditions that you have to agree with before Booking.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1371x1114/df9c3228_0afd_4c78_9255_823e2abb8253_f222d0aae0924edfe0ed5f0 10887a5e4c8808cb1.jpeg

OzzyOzBorn
12th May 2023, 15:14
Nice one. I hadn't noticed that before, but I'm a frequent flyer on Ryanair so just book 27A or 27F every time anyway! I'll have a rethink when my first -8200 seatmap appears.

rog747
13th May 2023, 06:33
I was a little Bored 😐
I don’t think anyone would win any claim against Ryanair regarding None window, window seat, it’s all on their website / conditions that you have to agree with before Booking.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1371x1114/df9c3228_0afd_4c78_9255_823e2abb8253_f222d0aae0924edfe0ed5f0 10887a5e4c8808cb1.jpeg

Thanks for that link - I tried to find same but I could not discover that 'caveat' about no windows at 11F and 12F... Does not mention the 737M-8200 though....row 14.

WHBM
13th May 2023, 19:08
Thanks for that link - I tried to find same but I could not discover that 'caveat' about no windows at 11F and 12F... Does not mention the 737M-8200 though....row 14.
Knowing Ryanair's IT, the content has probably ended up differently, being done by different teams, between PC, tablet and phone (and maybe different between Android and Apple).

Skipness One Foxtrot
13th May 2023, 21:37
The window seat thing is a frequent trolling thread on the company instagram account, they take pains to point out it's pointed out clearly when you book that there is now actual window.
That only works when you have a uniform fleet, the MAX changes that with new frequenct aircraft type amends post booking, so perhaps a legal challenge is due.

WHBM
13th May 2023, 22:19
... they take pains to point out it's pointed out clearly
To paraphrase a well-known transport journalist ... "When companies say that something is 'clearly stated', it generally follows an incident which shows that it isn't."

JW95
14th May 2023, 13:17
A question to the floor, is there any likelihood of FR moving its Bucharest base from OTP to the recently reopened Baneasa airport? BBU was historically the lower-cost hub of Bucharest's two airports, and up until 2012 served as a base for other LCCs, namely Wizz Air and Blue Air prior to being closed. Now that the airport has reopened to commercial flying, it'll be interesting if anyone knows if FR are showing interest in flying out of BBU, as FR had reportedly been in discussions with the airport previously - see:

https://www.romania-insider.com/baneasa-airport-reopening-date-jul-2022

Personally, I really hope they won't leave OTP for BBU. I remember flying W6 and Blue Air to BBU from LTN a few times and the reality is that the terminal cannot cope with frequent departures and is just too small to handle full 738s and A320s. The departure lounge was also awful, again being too small and people being sandwiched against each other. Given FR have a sizeable base at OTP already, I am struggling to imagine this being accommodated at BBU.

davidjohnson6
14th May 2023, 13:36
Bucharest OTP is already very busy at some times of the day. There are plans for OTP to be substantially expanded... but until then, it seems there is a real need for BBU to deal with commercial passenger flights. And yes, I know exactly how unpleasant BBU was about 12 years ago

JW95
14th May 2023, 13:43
Bucharest OTP is already very busy at some times of the day. There are plans for OTP to be substantially expanded... but until then, it seems there is a real need for BBU to deal with commercial passenger flights. And yes, I know exactly how unpleasant BBU was about 12 years ago

Agree with you RE. the unpleasant airport experience that is Baneasa. My final flight from there was with Blue Air to LTN in Feb 2012, so just prior to the closure. It really was hideous in every sense back then: no room to move around in the terminal, queues for check in and security snaking outside, and just 4 tiny departure gates expected to handle full 738s and A320s. It really could not cope back then, and I dread to think what will happen now, considering it cannot be expanded, and more people are travelling now versus 2011/12.

XSBaggage
15th May 2023, 18:27
andymartin Last year our EDI-FNI flight (738) was cancelled due to French ATC strikes and we transferred onto EDI-MRS the next day (MAX) and our seating was now all over the place due to the row now being an exit row, and they ended up charging us extra for the exit row seats and for splitting us up!! At first the Ryanair online help didn't want to help but I wrote an email, explained exactly what had happened and they replied and refunded the fee for the exit row seats within a few days. I just methodically went through the issue and the consequences and they had no issue.
In your situation though, were your original seats in a different section of the aircraft? Ryanair don't charge less for the non-window seats than in the rows around them. In my situation I had no choice - the aircraft changed forced us into more expensive seats with no other choice. That may be the difference.

davidjohnson6
24th May 2023, 19:35
Is anyone able to remember how far in advance FR published a *full and complete* schedule for flights throughout the first week of April 2023, ie the start of S23 ? I'm thinking only of good faith intention to fly, not last minute cancellations due to things like weather

I'm trying to figure out when one should expect the winter 2023-24 schedule to be fully (not just partially) published.
3 months in advance ? Longer ? Shorter ?

I know the W23-24 schedule is not yet fully published - there are too many obvious gaps in routes that are very popular during the winter

davidjohnson6
25th May 2023, 16:32
There seems to be some discussion as to whether FR will or won't fly to Ponta Delgada in the Azores after the end of October
https://newsavia.com/acores-quer-manter-base-da-ryanair-no-arquipelago-companhia-quer-sair

tartan 201
8th Jun 2023, 08:59
Looks like a Tirana base is on the cards:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1363x781/screenshot_2023_06_08_095503_7a92c40ee0940523c26df82da2b7073 1ccee4695.jpg

davidjohnson6
16th Jun 2023, 16:29
Alcohol to be banned on flights between the UK and Spain - not just routes to/from Ibiza. News source in German, but Google Translate works well
https://www.aerotelegraph.com/ryanair-sagt-besoffenen-britischen-passagieren-den-kampf-an

CCFAIRPORT
26th Jun 2023, 17:11
New route

Liverpool-Laponie (rovaniemi)

2pw
Begins 30/10/2023

MANFAN
26th Jun 2023, 18:28
Alcohol to be banned on flights between the UK and Spain - not just routes to/from Ibiza. News source in German, but Google Translate works well
https://www.aerotelegraph.com/ryanair-sagt-besoffenen-britischen-passagieren-den-kampf-an

Embarrassing! Only on flights involving the UK!
The majority of us behave well on flights and in resorts, shame the minority have to spoil it!

I don’t know what the alcohol rules are in airports within the EU, but there should be a limit on what hours your able to drink at UK airports!

MANFAN
5th Jul 2023, 19:58
Has anyone ever booked Ryanair flights other than on their website or via the app?
I used our online travel agency in work and when I enter the reservation code and my e mail address from the confirmation e mail, the booking cannot be retrieved.
Should I attempt to contact them via social media?(wish me luck)!
I have 7 weeks before the actual flight, just want to get it sorted in advance!

lfc84
5th Jul 2023, 20:07
Has anyone ever booked Ryanair flights other than on their website or via the app?
I used our online travel agency in work and when I enter the reservation code and my e mail address from the confirmation e mail, the booking cannot be retrieved.

You probably won't pass Ryanair gdpr.
You need to speak to the travel agent

Blakedean
5th Jul 2023, 20:52
Happened me at the weekend, few nights away with my other half booked by an online travel agent. Out with Ryanair, return with Aer Lingus. Got an Email from EI, the travel agent & another from the travel agent confirming the FR flight, I did find unusual there was no direct email from Ryanair.

Half an hour later I received another email from Ryanair via the Travel agent saying they blocked the booking as it was done by a ‘third-party travel agent’ with no commercial partnership with Ryanair. Email gave two links to verify the booking on the Ryanair website. So either Ryanair haven’t notified your travel agent or the agent hasn’t informed you.

MANFAN
5th Jul 2023, 21:09
Happened me at the weekend, few nights away with my other half booked by an online travel agent. Out with Ryanair, return with Aer Lingus. Got an Email from EI, the travel agent & another from the travel agent confirming the FR flight, I did find unusual there was no direct email from Ryanair.

Half an hour later I received another email from Ryanair via the Travel agent saying they blocked the booking as it was done by a ‘third-party travel agent’ with no commercial partnership with Ryanair. Email gave two links to verify the booking on the Ryanair website. So either Ryanair haven’t notified your travel agent or the agent hasn’t informed you.

Thanks for the info.
I will contact our travel agency in work. I only have received an email from them with the itinerary, and of course Ryanair doesn’t recognise the reservation on both their website and app.

It’s only Ryanair this happens with, as far as my company’s experience is concerned with booking flights either for leisure or business via our online agent.

TheSpiddalKid
6th Jul 2023, 14:25
A few months ago, I made the mistake of clicking through from Google Flights to the Ryanair website in order to book a flight with them. A few days later, they sent me an email saying it had been booked via a third party and asking me to confirm my identity (costing, I think, £5) or check in at the airport for something like £30-£40.

Since then, I still use Google Flights or Skyscanner to compare flights & prices, but I always make sure I open the Ryanair website separately and clear cookies and history before I book anything (or use the app).

DomyDom
6th Jul 2023, 15:04
The article doesn't say alcohol will be banned. It just states that you will not be able to smuggle your own supplies into the cabin. No European airline allows consumption of your own supplies of alcohol anyway as far as I know.

MANFAN
6th Jul 2023, 15:36
A few months ago, I made the mistake of clicking through from Google Flights to the Ryanair website in order to book a flight with them. A few days later, they sent me an email saying it had been booked via a third party and asking me to confirm my identity (costing, I think, £5) or check in at the airport for something like £30-£40.

Since then, I still use Google Flights or Skyscanner to compare flights & prices, but I always make sure I open the Ryanair website separately and clear cookies and history before I book anything (or use the app).

I don’t understand why Ryanair expect you to only book via their website or app direct.
They attract business travelling passengers, most of these won’t book in this way, but via their company’s travel agency as per their company’s procedures.
Why should passengers have to pay extra to check in at the airport when all the relevant fares have already been paid during the booking process!

The company I work for wouldn’t allow the sale of Ryanair flights via their third party travel agency if there were extra charges that had to be incurred and/or if the employee would encounter this type of hassle during the checking in process.

Local Variation
6th Jul 2023, 17:45
I can and do book RYR flights through my employers on-line travel portal, SAP with no additional external charges.

But yes, if for whatever reason, I ask our associated travel partner to book me on RYR, then no can do.

And we are not allowed to book direct on the airline site for business travel.

MANFAN
6th Jul 2023, 17:59
I can and do book RYR flights through my employers on-line travel portal, SAP with no additional external charges.

But yes, if for whatever reason, I ask our associated travel partner to book me on RYR, then no can do.

And we are not allowed to book direct on the airline site for business travel.

My company lets us book our own travel and Ryanair is an option, but only via the external travel website.
It’s crazy, I’ve booked Ryanair for a leisure trip via my company’s external site, because I can.
But I can’t see my booking!

Asturias56
25th Jul 2023, 08:23
The Business page in the Times todays remarks on the latest financials

Average profit per pax Euro 13.15
Average fare Euro 49.00
Average extra spend Euro 23.30
Profit Q1 Euro 663 million

W/b 02/07/23 3273 flights
+ 25% cp same week in 2019
BA -15%
Easyjet - 8%
Lufthansa -23%

inOban
25th Jul 2023, 10:04
It shows how much they depend on additional purchases by pax.

hec7or
25th Jul 2023, 13:10
It shows how much they depend on additional purchases by pax.
It's the way of a lot of purchases these days, car hire and insurance springs to mind.

Asturias56
26th Jul 2023, 09:43
Yes and they make 13 euros from each passenger - it really is amazing that you can build a major business on that . But as the articles point out they have better management than any one else - not firing people, ordering one type, in bulk and owning most of their own aircraft and not being distracted by hotels, car hire, long haul etc etc.

I don't like O'Leary but he's really got it figured out - how many other people would keep the old name and not rename it after themselves for example?

Skipness One Foxtrot
4th Aug 2023, 23:49
When Ryanair split their B737 fleet 3 ways across Ireland, Poland and Malta, did they retain a single seniority list for pilots or are they now emoloyed by the local AOC holder and no longer a single pilot body in terms of industrial negotiation? And was that the plan all along?

WHBM
5th Aug 2023, 10:52
I don't like O'Leary but he's really got it figured out - how many other people would keep the old name and not rename it after themselves for example?
Just about all. There aren't many airlines named after the founder, but there are a few - Braniff, bankrupt and closed long after its original founder was off the scene, got started again twice by others, using the original name.

Incidentally, Michael O'Leary was long just a front for Texas showman billionaire David Bonderman, longstanding Ryanair chairman - O'Leary is the Chief Executive - and his Texas Pacific hedge fund (which is what it is), who provided much of the capital for Ryanair's expansion. Actually I find both of them, although grating in personality and pronouncements, a couple of the most competent airline executives there have ever been.

inOban
5th Aug 2023, 11:52
I read that M O'L is going ballistic because the local authority which includes DUB is trying to make the airport enforce the limitation on night flights included in its planning permission.

pabely
5th Aug 2023, 13:00
More detail here https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c72vlp7q44lo
I'm sure a few airports in UK would love to have a limit of 65 flights between 23:00 & 07:00.

JW95
8th Aug 2023, 14:38
Something I've noticed on several flights with FR of late: when flying on aircraft with the new sky interior, some aircraft have 'Ryanair' across the overhead bins (pretty standard I thought), but there are several a/c I've flown on where the bins are just plain white without the FR branding. Does anyone know if this is purely random, or whether certain aircraft (e.g. newer deliveries) now lack the FR branding on the luggage bins? Personally, I think having all-white bins adds to the simplicity of the cabin and makes it look a lot smarter.

SKOJB
8th Aug 2023, 15:15
More detail here https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c72vlp7q44lo
I'm sure a few airports in UK would love to have a limit of 65 flights between 23:00 & 07:00.

Dry those tears O’Leary, this was probably in the original Section 106 drafted for the new runway many years ago!

commit aviation
8th Aug 2023, 18:49
It says so in the article:
"The cap was among the planning conditions that were imposed when the airport was granted permission to build a new "North Runway" in 2007."

So long ago, no doubt someone had either forgotten or hoped that it would be

Asturias56
9th Aug 2023, 11:22
Something I've noticed on several flights with FR of late: when flying on aircraft with the new sky interior, some aircraft have 'Ryanair' across the overhead bins (pretty standard I thought), but there are several a/c I've flown on where the bins are just plain white without the FR branding. Does anyone know if this is purely random, or whether certain aircraft (e.g. newer deliveries) now lack the FR branding on the luggage bins? Personally, I think having all-white bins adds to the simplicity of the cabin and makes it look a lot smarter.

probably saves 50 gram per bin on paint - it all adds up ................ MOL is not a man to miss an advantage of any sort

and of course you can get plain white bins on Amazon I'm sure for a lower price than elsewhere

JW95
9th Aug 2023, 11:29
probably saves 50 gram per bin on paint - it all adds up ................ MOL is not a man to miss an advantage of any sort

and of course you can get plain white bins on Amazon I'm sure for a lower price than elsewhere
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest haha, but on this occasion, it makes the interior look nicer from a passenger point of view. Hope they do this on more incoming aircraft.

FUMR
15th Aug 2023, 10:10
Ryanair makes friends again!
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66500479

Liffy 1M
15th Aug 2023, 10:43
The company's website is a disgrace. It's fiendishly complicated, with all of the add-ons it pushes at the user, and full of "gotchas" for the less capable customers.

I was checking in for a flight this morning, for an out-and-back trip tomorrow, and, as well as going through all of the hoops to complete the process, I have to do the same again this evening for the return sector, as there would be a fee to check in for that flight more than 24 hours ahead.

It's interesting that the site now makes a virtue of telling you that unless you pay, you most likely won't be sitting with your travelling companion/s. I remember that when the random seating model was first applied, the company strenuously denied that there was any intent to split up families or others on the one booking.

JW95
15th Aug 2023, 11:14
I really feel for that couple :( I also agree with earlier comments- from my own experience when travelling with FR, the website is functional (I'd argue their app is even easier to use when checking in), but I absolutely loathe the fact that the booking process is diabolical, being bombarded with additional (chargeable) add-ons, one after another, making the process much more tedious than needs be. FR had been investing in their 'Always Getting Better' initiatives which were working well (unsure if these have been stopped now), but I can see it being enough to put some people off, especially elderly or less seasoned flyers. Even business passengers don't want the hassle of having to go through a long-winded booking process, especially if they are frequent flyers.

Sober Lark
15th Aug 2023, 11:39
Dry those tears O’Leary, this was probably in the original Section 106 drafted for the new runway many years ago!

Why have an airport open 24 hours when there is no 24 hour transport for arriving / departing passengers.

It's one of the few airports in Europe without a rail link.

They actually have to use a fleet of polluting tanker trucks to deliver aviation fuel from Dublin port to the airport. How Eco friendly is that? They don't have a pipeline.

They have a monopoly on car parks and can charge what they want.

They don't care about noise restrictions and residents trying to get sleep.

I agree with the planners enforcing conditions. I agree with the competition authority investigating a monopoly in car parking. The DAA are a business trying to make money not presenting you with clean toilets.

FUMR
15th Aug 2023, 14:33
A friend of mine from Canada recently flew Ryanair one way between the UK and The Netherlands. He paid £19 for the fare and was then charged £32 at the airport for his carry on bag (a standard size carry-on btw). For the rest it was OK for a 40 minute flight he said. Personally I never fly on that airline. I have found better options!

JW95
15th Aug 2023, 15:43
A friend of mine from Canada recently flew Ryanair one way between the UK and The Netherlands. He paid £19 for the fare and was then charged £32 at the airport for his carry on bag (a standard size carry-on btw). For the rest it was OK for a 40 minute flight he said. Personally I never fly on that airline. I have found better options!

The thing about FR: I have found flying with them to become that much more enjoyable (dare I say it!) in recent years, as they definitely seem less strict on hand baggage size versus before they got their 'always getting better' programme going - and certainly less strict compared to Wizz. I do also appreciate that they have an impressive coverage of Europe, and fly to small regional airports that other airlines do not with decent timings. For example, I use the STN-PSR route fairly often to see family, and FR are the only airline who fly to Pescara from London.

However, on the flip side, I do find that they are now not always the cheapest carrier on routes with more competition (i.e primary airports) once all taxes and baggage fees have been taken into account. I've sometimes found flights with BA for example that are cheaper than FR fares. Plus it gives me a chance to avoid STN wherever possible, as it has become a zoo under MAG.

Mayfield62
15th Aug 2023, 15:51
There is 24 hour public transport between Dublin airport to the city centre and Swords.

FUMR
15th Aug 2023, 17:12
The thing about FR: I have found flying with them to become that much more enjoyable (dare I say it!) in recent years, as they definitely seem less strict on hand baggage size versus before they got their 'always getting better' programme going - and certainly less strict compared to Wizz. I do also appreciate that they have an impressive coverage of Europe, and fly to small regional airports that other airlines do not with decent timings. For example, I use the STN-PSR route fairly often to see family, and FR are the only airline who fly to Pescara from London.

However, on the flip side, I do find that they are now not always the cheapest carrier on routes with more competition (i.e primary airports) once all taxes and baggage fees have been taken into account. I've sometimes found flights with BA for example that are cheaper than FR fares. Plus it gives me a chance to avoid STN wherever possible, as it has become a zoo under MAG.

Granted that for some Ryanair are the most convenient carrier to use. I'm lucky in that where I live I have the luxury of several airports and multiple carriers to choose from. Incidentally, I don't fly Wizz either.

Alsacienne
15th Aug 2023, 17:34
his carry on bag (a standard size carry-on btw)
Sadly there is no such thing as a standard size carry on .... each carrier has their own sizing and Ryanair and Wizz are amongst the most strict. It pays (literally) to read all the fine print on the baggage section of the website ... and you can't be sure that it will remain constant from one day to the next!

... and I did enjoy their AGB period ... because it seemed to be happening. Not so sure now.

Noxegon
15th Aug 2023, 18:27
There is 24 hour public transport between Dublin airport to the city centre and Swords.

True. But there's basically nothing if you need to travel outside the pale.

Sadly there is no such thing as a standard size carry on

Also true. That's something that should be regulated IMHO – it's crazy that every airline has different rules.

WHBM
15th Aug 2023, 20:07
It's interesting that the site now makes a virtue of telling you that unless you pay, you most likely won't be sitting with your travelling companion/s. I remember that when the random seating model was first applied, the company strenuously denied that there was any intent to split up families or others on the one booking.
The UK CAA has always stipulated this must be handled properly

The seating of children close by their parents or guardians should be the aim of airline seat allocation procedures for family groups and large parties of children.

Airline seating allocations | Civil Aviation Authority (caa.co.uk) (https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/before-you-fly/making-a-booking/airline-seating-allocations/)

Presumably Ryanair UK's (at least) AOC stipulates they must comply with the CAA's requirements. Does the IAA have comparable requirements ?

WHBM
15th Aug 2023, 20:09
The UK CAA has always stipulated this must be handled properly

The seating of children close by their parents or guardians should be the aim of airline seat allocation procedures for family groups and large parties of children.

Airline seating allocations | Civil Aviation Authority (caa.co.uk) (https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/before-you-fly/making-a-booking/airline-seating-allocations/)

Presumably Ryanair UK's (at least) AOC stipulates they must comply with the CAA's requirements. Does the IAA have comparable requirements ?

davidjohnson6
1st Sep 2023, 12:55
Can anybody remember when in 2022 FR had published their schedule for virtually all routes that would operate summer 2023 ? Memory says mid October 2022... but not sure if this is correct. I know that early September was too early

Sharklet_321
1st Sep 2023, 14:45
According to my contact BOH is in line for some big expansion in 2024 possibly to dissuade people from going into SOU. I heard it’s AT LEAST 2 additional aircraft taking the base to 4.

MANFAN
5th Sep 2023, 16:06
I recently flew on a Ryanair Max 737-8200 within the space of a month. One A/C was only a year old, the other aircraft three years old.
I was sat around row 31/32 on both flights and was shocked to see how much dampness / mould was in and around the panel above the emergency exit doors at rows 28/29.
The dirt was also present on the emergency exit sign above the door.
From the outside of the aircraft, at this door it's clearly dirty for such a young aircraft.

Is this a known problem for this specific door on this particular variant of the Max?
No good for the health of the crew member having to sit next to that door and of course the passengers around it!

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/640x480/pic_2_971bf28d7f95129f6d4ac75a48c9d9ccd85c8cc7.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/640x480/pic_1_c2a4ad69abfe972fba51bbe20a8a8c173a3899be.jpg

lfc84
5th Sep 2023, 16:31
I recently flew on a Ryanair Max 737-8200 within the space of a month. One A/C was only a year old, the other aircraft three years old.
I was sat around row 31/32 on both flights and was shocked to see how much dampness / mould was in and around the panel above the emergency exit doors at rows 28/29.
The dirt was also present on the emergency exit sign above the door.
From the outside of the aircraft, at this door it's clearly dirty for such a young aircraft.

Is this a known problem for this specific door on this particular variant of the Max?
No good for the health of the crew member having to sit next to that door and of course the passengers around it!

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/640x480/pic_2_971bf28d7f95129f6d4ac75a48c9d9ccd85c8cc7.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/640x480/pic_1_c2a4ad69abfe972fba51bbe20a8a8c173a3899be.jpg

If it was a design fault you would expct to see posts on other forums highlighting the same issue.

AVGEEK7812
8th Sep 2023, 10:28
Sorry if its being mentioned befor but do ye know when S24 will be on sale?

Just waiting for ORK/SNN to come on sale fully

SealinkBF
8th Sep 2023, 10:31
Michael O'Leary pied in the face

Ryanair boss pied in the face by protesters (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ryanair-boss-pied-in-the-face-by-protesters/ar-AA1gnFfi)

Seljuk
9th Sep 2023, 11:45
After the closure in in 2015, CPH will be yet again a base starting December with 2 based aircraft.

CRL will have 17 based aircraft this winter.

Zembla82
15th Sep 2023, 18:32
Hi there. a quick question for those with experience at Ryanair. Are they open to recruiting cadets who are a bit older? Lots of posts in the wannabies section but sadly, none of us wannabies actually know the answer. Do those with experience at Ryanair recall seeing any new low hour pilots joining at Ryanair? Many thanks to you all. Any insights are much appreciated.

AlwaysWondering
17th Sep 2023, 07:26
Someone I did my PPL with got into Ryanair about 12 months ago and is currently flying with them as a FO. Not sure of your definition of 'a bit older', but he is in his mid 40s.

Zembla82
17th Sep 2023, 16:07
Someone I did my PPL with got into Ryanair about 12 months ago and is currently flying with them as a FO. Not sure of your definition of 'a bit older', but he is in his mid 40s.

Mid 40's was exactly what I had in mind. Thank you for replying. Good to know there are routes forward for those in my age bracket. Like many others, I'm apprehensive about taking to the plunge to invest in the training. Thanks for your insights.

davidjohnson6
21st Sep 2023, 00:34
I've been thinking about FR's policy of "no refunds if you don't fly" and wondering if this is (sometimes) a mistake. FR depends heavily on ancillaries - the people who are just a simple low-fare-bum-on-seat-without-ancillaries are not desirable unless the flight has a load factor well under 90%
Furthermore, a no-refunds policy discourages ticket sales if a person is unsure if they will fly or not.

I'm wondering if FR should experiment by emailing people who have booked a very low fare without ancillaries, offering a partial rebate as a non-refundable limited-life FR voucher if ticket sales are heading to a load factor of at least 90%. Essentially offer a targetted payoff to the least profitable customers (and nobody else) who no longer want to fly to sell their seat back to FR, and enable FR to resell the seat to a more profitable customer. By issuing a FR voucher, the money can still be recognised as FR revenue and won't leak outside the company. Data collected from customer's profiles will show who tends not to book ancillaries like baggage, further helping identify the bookings that FR probably won't find profitable.

Yes, FR could achieve this by overbooking, but no-show rates are always a bit unpredictable. Particularly on low frequency routes, the EU261 compensation bill makes denied boarding expensive relative to the fare for LCCs - which would push FR to being more cautious on overbooking than they might otherwise need to be.

Any thoughts ?

ReallyAnnoyed
21st Sep 2023, 07:40
Of course it doesn't make sense to give refunds. If it did, Ryanair would already do it.

Very few people go through the trouble of getting a refund for airport taxes, which means that the revenue from no shows goes almost directly to the bottom line, as there are very few costs involved in it for Ryanair.

Ryanair, like any other large airline, has algorithms that predict the number of no shows on any given flight. Sure, ithey get it wrong occasionally, but by and large it's a numbers game.

Ancillary revenue has costs attached, which no shows don't. As for encouraging further bookings with refunds, people will not think twice about booking their next 10-20 € fare, no matter the lack of refund.

LGS6753
21st Sep 2023, 13:15
If Ryanair did as DJ6 suggests, they may as well buy out the £10 fares on popular flights close to departure and sell the seats for £200!

davidjohnson6
21st Sep 2023, 13:58
If Ryanair did as DJ6 suggests, they may as well buy out the £10 fares on popular flights close to departure and sell the seats for £200!
LGS understands what I mean. This should happen only on flights which initially have weaker-than-expected demand but then nearer departure date sell more strongly than predicted. Better to sell a £200 fare plus (potentially) luggage and give the person who paid £20 and who never pays for baggage, seat selection or other highly profitable ancillaries a voucher in exchange for cancelling (formally) their right to fly. Of course, the passenger who paid £20 has to agree to this voluntarily - but I'm guessing that some who paid peanuts three months in advance for a ticket will know a week before departure that they are very unlikely to show up for the flight and will happily take a voucher.
You can use all kinds of algorithms including AI (and yes, I can talk for hours about deep learning) to predict the number of no-shows... but you always get better outcomes to algorithmic results if you apply a bit of human insight.

Link Kilo
21st Sep 2023, 14:23
Seems that Breeze have a similar idea:

https://simpleflying.com/breeze-airways-creates-marketplace-passenger-ticket-sales/

pabely
21st Sep 2023, 22:11
Trouble at home?
https://www.nova.ie/ryanair-pull-17-routes-from-dublin-citing-daas-45-cost-hike-234732/

WHBM
21st Sep 2023, 23:28
Yield Management is a bit more sophisticated than that. £10 fares (which incidentally I have never encountered myself, and have only met one person who got one) are only offered on flights where it is not expected to have demand beyond capacity at higher prices. There may be an occasional mismatch here, but they are sufficiently infrequent that it's no real concern, or revenue impact, and any such are analysed to see if the calculation needs to be changed.

Noxegon
22nd Sep 2023, 07:18
Trouble at home?
https://www.nova.ie/ryanair-pull-17-routes-from-dublin-citing-daas-45-cost-hike-234732/

No, marketing nonsense.
https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/2023/09/21/daa-rejects-ryanair's-false-claim-that-airport-charges-will-increase-by-45-in-2024

SealinkBF
28th Sep 2023, 09:20
Ryanair cancels winter flights as Boeing delays aircraft deliveries | Travel Weekly (https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/ryanair-cancels-winter-flights-as-boeing-delays-aircraft-deliveries)

The budget carrier had expected to receive 27 aircraft between September to December but now expects to receive only 14 aircraft between October and December.

LGS6753
28th Sep 2023, 16:38
https://www.travelmole.com/news/ryanair-announces-winter-flight-cuts-due-to-boeing-delivery-delays/?otg=1&nidd=aGFybG93aGFybG93MjAwMkB5YWhvby5jby51aw==

This explains where the cuts are to be; Charleroi, Dublin, Italy, Porto, East Midlands and Cologne.

MANFAN
8th Oct 2023, 11:51
Another travel voucher for a change of schedule flight from Ryanair, despite requesting a refund!
The travel voucher email states I can redeem within the next 12 months but the expiry is 2027…am I missing something here…?!

vectisman
8th Oct 2023, 13:04
https://www.travelmole.com/news/ryanair-announces-winter-flight-cuts-due-to-boeing-delivery-delays/?otg=1&nidd=aGFybG93aGFybG93MjAwMkB5YWhvby5jby51aw==

This explains where the cuts are to be; Charleroi, Dublin, Italy, Porto, East Midlands and Cologne.

I am not convinced that this fully explains the reason why flights are being cut. During the winter there are far fewer flights than in the summer.
Ryanair are always loathe to admit that some flights may be cut owing to lack of demand but tend to blame airports, governments and now aircraft manufacturers.
I do accept that that deliveries are late but feel this is not the sole reason for cuts.

Alteagod
8th Oct 2023, 15:00
I wud agree cost of living crisis etc lack of demand probably as much to do with reduction as slow delivery is.

inOban
8th Oct 2023, 16:03
I'm sure that Ryanair will be delighted to seek compensation for the late delivery of planes for which, in winter, they had no need.

EGNXROB
8th Oct 2023, 17:04
The East Midlands base only seems to lose a based aircraft from the 2nd week in November until mid December where frequencies seem to jump back up to the original schedule for the remainder of the winter season

OltonPete
8th Oct 2023, 19:15
I am not convinced that this fully explains the reason why flights are being cut. During the winter there are far fewer flights than in the summer.
Ryanair are always loathe to admit that some flights may be cut owing to lack of demand but tend to blame airports, governments and now aircraft manufacturers.
I do accept that that deliveries are late but feel this is not the sole reason for cuts.

It is still the busy summer schedule and they managed to find aircraft for extra Dublin and Edinburgh to Beauvais flights for the rugby. Seven Dublin flights today rather than two and three Edinburgh instead of one unless of course they cancelled schedule flights to fit them in which doesn't seem to be the case.

Pete

MANFAN
10th Oct 2023, 20:24
Is it possible to modify passport details for a future flight that I have already checked in for?
My passport was damaged and I am now awaiting a new one, I have a flight booked for next Monday which was booked with my old passport details…can I modify this flight booking with the new details or can I just modify in my profile within the app and it will automatically change the details for all my future flights regardless of when they were booked?
Thanks!

davidjohnson6
10th Oct 2023, 20:41
Have you tried phoning Ryanair or using their chat bot to ask these questions ?

MANFAN
10th Oct 2023, 20:54
Have you tried phoning Ryanair or using their chat bot to ask these questions ?

Not yet, I just thought it would quicker to get an answer on here maybe first.
I will only phone Ryanair as a last resort given all the stories I hear about long waiting times etc, I cannot justify paying a fortune to be on hold!
Their chat bot is an option of course, as long as I can speak to a human!

lfc84
10th Oct 2023, 20:58
Is it possible to modify passport details for a future flight that I have already checked in for?
My passport was damaged and I am now awaiting a new one, I have a flight booked for next Monday which was booked with my old passport details…can I modify this flight booking with the new details or can I just modify in my profile within the app and it will automatically change the details for all my future flights regardless of when they were booked?
Thanks!
Have a look at Travel Documents on this webpage
https://help.ryanair.com/hc/en-gb/categories/12488813755537

Seljuk
12th Oct 2023, 16:24
Despite announced cuts on other bases, Lanzarote will be (again) a base with 3 based a/c
https://corporate.ryanair.com/spanish/ryanair-abre-una-base-de-3-aviones-y-anuncia-su-mayor-programacion-de-invierno-en-el-aeropuerto-de-lanzarote-para-el-invierno-23-24/

colinhunn
13th Oct 2023, 12:41
When will their schedule for Summer 2024 be announced please? Heard a whisper about a new UK airport being served.

CabinCrewe
13th Oct 2023, 13:17
When will their schedule for Summer 2024 be announced please? Heard a whisper about a new UK airport being served.
Perhaps the much mooted transfer from PIK to GLA ?

AirportPlanner1
13th Oct 2023, 13:48
My money would be on the odd low frequency Med route(s) to Norwich, Humberside or Inverness, perhaps Dublin-Southampton now they have their runway extension.

colinhunn
13th Oct 2023, 14:34
I’ve heard possibly 3 Summer sun routes out of Norwich, Faro, Malta and Malaga. But Norwich currently have an ADF which RYR find objectionable so something will have to give for it to happen

GeorgeNTravels
24th Oct 2023, 13:42
Apologies if this seems like a repetitive question, does anybody know what's going on with Ryanair loading flights from both Glasgow and Prestwick for next summer.

GLA-DUB was loaded, then subject to a major schedule change from June and is now in the process of changing again in June with changes looking likely in May as well.
GLA-WRO has a single flight loaded in March and nothing else loaded for S24
GLA-CRL/AGP/ALC/WMI/KRK are not loaded at all for S24

From PIK flights to FAO & MRS are yet to be loaded.

Again, apologies if this is a repeat question, just curious if anyone has any insight.

VickersVicount
24th Oct 2023, 18:56
Somehow I don’t think you’ll get the answer you’re wanting to hear in here… 😵‍💫

mariofly12
24th Oct 2023, 20:19
Is there any explanation why on many routes Ryanair has not loaded April and May, while it has end of March and suddenly "jumps" to June?

lfc84
24th Oct 2023, 20:23
Is there any explanation why on many routes Ryanair has not loaded April and May, while it has end of March and suddenly "jumps" to June?
they will simply do what suits them - not you

22/04
25th Oct 2023, 12:09
Plausible explanation given. Loads high and stable in high season and highly competitive. Less so in early season so waiting to see how the market is before releasing to avoid later changes.

pabely
30th Oct 2023, 14:04
MOL getting very vocal now about delays to Max deliveries, obviously directed at shareholders if earnings come in below estimates but must be another worry to add at the Boeing camp.

Quadhop
6th Nov 2023, 13:47
I’ve heard possibly 3 Summer sun routes out of Norwich, Faro, Malta and Malaga. But Norwich currently have an ADF which RYR find objectionable so something will have to give for it to happen
What is " objectionable " about it? or just that it isn't an ILS ?

davidjohnson6
7th Nov 2023, 08:23
What is " objectionable " about it? or just that it isn't an ILS ?
ADF = Airport Development Fee
All passengers aged 16+ flying out of NWI have to pay £10 at the airport before going through security. This is in addition to what is paid to an airline for a ticket

AVGEEK7812
7th Nov 2023, 09:45
ADF = Airport Development Fee
All passengers aged 16+ flying out of NWI have to pay £10 at the airport before going through security. This is in addition to what is paid to an airline for a ticket

Shame if thats holding Ryanair back from expanding. NOC have a Airport Development fee also that has to be paid before departure i think as well. Ryanair are atill adding new routes there

toon22
7th Nov 2023, 11:14
[QUOTE=AVGEEK7812;11534828]Shame if thats holding Ryanair back from expanding. NOC have an Airport Development fee also that has to be paid before departure i think as well. Ryanair are atill adding new routes there[/QUOTE
Believe me, hell will have frozen over before Ryanair add an airport in the UK with an ADF.
They only went back to Newquay because the ADF there was a dropped.
Knock is a special case, it’s in Ireland for a start and Ryanair will always defend that fortress. There are exceptions to every rule.

AVGEEK7812
7th Nov 2023, 11:47
[QUOTE=AVGEEK7812;11534828]Shame if thats holding Ryanair back from expanding. NOC have an Airport Development fee also that has to be paid before departure i think as well. Ryanair are atill adding new routes there[/QUOTE
Believe me, hell will have frozen over before Ryanair add an airport in the UK with an ADF.
Knock is a special case, it’s in Ireland for a start and Ryanair will always defend that fortress. There are exceptions to every rule.

They definitely dont defend Ireland anyway. They have a up and down relationship with DUB and SNN as well.

Since the start of Winter schedule they have moved all MAX out of Dublin as example.

toon22
7th Nov 2023, 15:59
Just watch their reaction if anyone else moves in on any scale to an Irish airport (south of the border). Go, from memory lasted 84 days.

GeorgeNTravels
7th Nov 2023, 16:05
MOL getting very vocal now about delays to Max deliveries, obviously directed at shareholders if earnings come in below estimates but must be another worry to add at the Boeing camp.

He was on the news again yesterday and was saying the usual "it's the Seattle management" and "I would buy airbus if they were cheaper"

He was saying that 90% of S24 is on sale, but the last 10% is not due to a lack of clarity of deliveries from now until end of April 24, the latest he is aware is 47 aircraft by the end of June, but has confirmed that the airline will not take any deliveries in July and August (I think they did take some this year just to get them flying quickly and boost the schedule)

The last of this MAX order is due the end of 2024 and the MAX 10 is not due until 27, meaning that they have very little need for cash, hence why dividends are being issued.

As always with MoL it can be difficult to know how much is for media soundbites and how much is true.

davidjohnson6
7th Nov 2023, 16:53
Just watch their reaction if anyone else moves in on any scale to an Irish airport (south of the border). Go, from memory lasted 84 days.
Further to toon22's comment, perhaps notable that neither Easyjet nor Wizzair touch the Republic of Ireland with 5 million people in any meaningful way. Eurowings, Norwegian and Transavia each have just one or two routes to Dublin.

AVGEEK7812
7th Nov 2023, 18:21
Fair points re Ryanair and Ireland.

But surprised at the S24 schedule. For example lots of routes ex FAO yet to go on sale that i thought be be popular.

bobradamus
22nd Nov 2023, 05:59
Anyone know the reason for G-RUKE operating RUK8292 MAN-TIA on 18th Nov diverting to STN? I watched it take off from MAN, it seemed to dip slightly just after rotation, then didn’t retract landing gear - I assumed wind shear but then saw the diversion..

pabely
1st Dec 2023, 10:26
Likely not getting expected number of Max 8200 for next S24 and now engine problems on existing 737-800s
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-12-01/ryanair-finds-suspect-engine-components-as-fake-part-case-brews

SealinkBF
1st Dec 2023, 10:59

I remember those days! I think easyJet tried Cork too and didn't last long.

Blakedean
1st Dec 2023, 11:20
I remember those days! I think easyJet tried Cork too and didn't last long.
They tried NOC &/or SNN as well at the time

TheSpiddalKid
1st Dec 2023, 17:49
The only other LCC carrier I can recall that had a sustained service from the UK to the Republic was BMIBaby. I used them to fly into Cork from Manchester, East Midlands and, on one occasion Tees Valley. Although their punctuality was terrible, I think the flights I was on averaged a delay of about 90 minutes.

SWBKCB
1st Dec 2023, 19:09
Jet2 also operated to Cork for years

Seljuk
3rd Dec 2023, 07:46
Dubrovnik will be the next base in summer 2024 with 2 B737 MAX 8
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-opens-gamechanger-boeing-8-200-dubrovnik-base-in-s24/

Sarajevo will join the network with flights to CRL, GOT, STN, FMM and BGY
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/europes-lowest-fares-land-at-sarajevo/?market=ba

Markushillman
3rd Dec 2023, 14:11
Ryanair are coming to Norwich, which considering Stansted so close is fantastic for NWI, but there is plenty of room for a few sun flights like they have done at Exeter and teesside. Surprised no Malaga but hopefully added in the future. Will definitely prove popular with the locals despite the £10 fee

Ryanair - Faro to Norwich. Flights start 1 April 2024

FR5878 FAO 1515-1815 NWI (Mon & Fri)

FR5879 NWI 1840-2140 FAO (Mon & Fri)

Alicante to Norwich. Flights start 1 April 2024

FR5886 ALC 0830-1010 NWI (Mon)
FR5886 ALC 1500-1640 NWI (Fri)

FR5887 NWI 1035-1415 ALC (Mon)
FR5887 NWI 1705-2045 ALC (Fri)

Credit to @SeanM1997 on X

BFS BHD
3rd Dec 2023, 16:07
Ryanair are coming to Norwich, which considering Stansted so close is fantastic for NWI, but there is plenty of room for a few sun flights like they have done at Exeter and teesside. Surprised no Malaga but hopefully added in the future. Will definitely prove popular with the locals despite the £10 fee

Ryanair - Faro to Norwich. Flights start 1 April 2024

FR5878 FAO 1515-1815 NWI (Mon & Fri)

FR5879 NWI 1840-2140 FAO (Mon & Fri)

Alicante to Norwich. Flights start 1 April 2024

FR5886 ALC 0830-1010 NWI (Mon)
FR5886 ALC 1500-1640 NWI (Fri)

FR5887 NWI 1035-1415 ALC (Mon)
FR5887 NWI 1705-2045 ALC (Fri)

Credit to @SeanM1997 on X

Also looks like Malta may be added too at twice weekly (Monday & Friday) from 1st April 2024.
Loaded into system but appearing as 'Sold Out'.

AVGEEK7812
3rd Dec 2023, 16:13
Also looks like Malta may be added too at twice weekly (Monday & Friday) from 1st April 2024.

Were are ye seeing these?

do ye no if theres anything new from SNN/ORK?

Markushillman
3rd Dec 2023, 16:21
Were are ye seeing these?

do ye no if theres anything new from SNN/ORK?

Oh really that's fantastic if that's also going to be sold from NWI, was popular for years when Air Malta did it

Mcvicker03
3rd Dec 2023, 19:13
could I ask where you found this info please?

GayFriendly
3rd Dec 2023, 20:16
Think a lot of new FR routes from a variety of UK airports that have been loaded into GDS systems (and can be seen by those in the travel trade) but have not yet been made available for the public to book on the FR website or app.

I should imagine they'll be available to book very soon, FR often release big batches of new routes together with a plethora of new route fanfare press releases!

Markushillman
3rd Dec 2023, 20:58
Think a lot of new FR routes from a variety of UK airports that have been loaded into GDS systems (and can be seen by those in the travel trade) but have not yet been made available for the public to book on the FR website or app.

I should imagine they'll be available to book very soon, FR often release big batches of new routes together with a plethora of new route fanfare press releases!

Indeed @SeanM1997 has announced plenty of new routes yet to be put on sale in the last 5 days, credit to him as always. So i'd imagine they will be on sale to the public in the coming days, with the final details released in their usual fanfare

OltonPete
3rd Dec 2023, 21:50

Just for you GF :)- Use the Internet site, check an existing BHX route, copy the URL, open a new tab, paste the URL into the new tab and send, then change the 3 letter airport code at the end of the URL to BER and it should show BHX - BER Tuesday & Saturday I could only get it from 16 April. Note it doesn't work for any of the other new flights.

Pete

LW940
4th Dec 2023, 05:50

Do you know if CWL-PMI / MLA is showing?

davidjohnson6
4th Dec 2023, 13:51
There appears to be a new policy... if you don't pay for an assigned seat when checking in online, then you cannot get a boarding card online and must instead queue up to get one at a checkin desk at the airport.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-67613343
Anybody have thoughts ?
I would just regard this as a simple increase in fares by about £15 and act accordingly when buying a ticket.

flyingtincan
4th Dec 2023, 14:15
If you try to check in more than 24 hours before the flight but having originally booked with a free random seat allocation
- then, it seems, you can either
pay for a seat and then check in straight away
or wait until you are within the 24 hours before checking in with you free random seat

it this what happened here?

LTNman
4th Dec 2023, 14:25
The government is meant to be investigating the sharp practices of dodgy airlines like Ryanair where the final price can be more than twice the price of the claimed ticket price.

GayFriendly
4th Dec 2023, 14:59
OP - thank you 😊👍👍👍 that's a great hack to check out on new routes!

As you know I've been desperate for BHX-BER to return, so to have (for now) 5 flights a week to choose from is amazing and also means I don't have to take as much annual leave to go for a long weekend! I'll for sure be using the new FR flights.

horatio_b
4th Dec 2023, 15:21
If you click on the link for details of online check-in, the page is currently not available. Probably in process of being updated with the new rules
https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/lp/check-in

davidjohnson6
4th Dec 2023, 22:52
Ryanair now denying the change happened.
I think something has happened behind the scenes and there is more to the story than is known publicly

EI-BUD
5th Dec 2023, 02:45
The government is meant to be investigating the sharp practices of dodgy airlines like Ryanair where the final price can be more than twice the price of the claimed ticket price.
Dodgy airlines?
Ryanair is many things but dodgy it is not. It is a total commercial animal and provides a very commercial, safe and punctual service. I think calling it dodgy is stretching it a bit.

EI-BUD
5th Dec 2023, 03:07
In relation to discussion about Ryanair's stance to other low cost airline coming into the Republic of Ireland:

They will retailiate if they can serve the destination (slots) and usually only if they see route as being commercially attractive. It seems if it's a significant LCC competitor like easyJet or Wizz they'll pull out all the stops to push them out.

Yes they don't react to Eurowings, Norwegian, Transavia as mentioned. There are specific reasons here. Eurowings fly to Dusseldorf, and Ryanair do not have slots there, besides Lufthansa group defend their patch very well, we've seen that in Frankfurt and Munich. Ryanair see lower hanging fruit elsewhere. Transavia, same story Ryanair can't get slots at Orly, otherwise they'd be all over this for sure. Norwegian is an interesting one. The brand is strong in Scandinavia and those routes can be thin for non Scandinavian airlines. Ryanair isn't huge in say Oslo, so going to war with Norwegian may not be a good game plan.

In the cases of Wizz, Go, easyJet and bmibaby. They have responded rigourously to each of these. Bmibaby at Cork was an exception, but at that time Ryanair had no base at Cork and clearly didn't have the sort of deal that they have now. They chased bmibaby off DUB/EMA which was at a time a key WW route ..

And to Knock. Ryanair clearly have a special relationship with the airport, which simply is amazing. After Dublin, Knock is the closest airport to where MOL comes from. That might be Pudsey of it, but he seems to want to see the airport progress. The airport introduced the ADF back in the 1990s and Ryanair threatened to withdraw their London route (that's an they had then). The airport said that's fine and had other airlines lined up if Ryanair exited. It never came to pass and Ryanair is solidly supporting the airport. In the case of Norwich, you can be sure if Ryanair accept an ADF , they'll have done so on the basis of attractive commercials. Like somebody said their are exceptions to ever rule...

alm1
5th Dec 2023, 07:23
Ryanair now denying the change happened.
I think something has happened behind the scenes and there is more to the story than is known publicly

If this is true that paper boarding passes where forced only to the last 20 passengers to checkin then it looks like they were trying overbooking (or doing temporary overbooking for whatever operational reason).

Markushillman
5th Dec 2023, 08:39

Hell has indeed frozen over ;)

Mcvicker03
5th Dec 2023, 10:56
Ryanair have loaded it’s with Chania,Paphos,Berlin and Paris Beauvais

MANFAN
5th Dec 2023, 15:12
Dodgy airlines?
Ryanair is many things but dodgy it is not. It is a total commercial animal and provides a very commercial, safe and punctual service. I think calling it dodgy is stretching it a bit.

Well said!!
I was just about to make a similar remark when I read that insane comment!

They are one of the safest airlines in the world! Their training and maintenance programmes are second to none! Believe me I know this from people who work within the airline itself and the overall industry.

As for the charging of adding seats, it’s done by almost all other airlines. If you don’t like it get a randomly assigned seat from 24hrs before departure via the app or website when you check in…simples!

SWBKCB
5th Dec 2023, 15:35

Dodgy may have been the wrong word to use, but it seems quite clear that what was being referred to is the sort of pricing tactics referred to here. No need to read in more than was intended.

BBC - Airlines could face crackdown on hidden fees (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66706495)

davidjohnson6
8th Dec 2023, 14:07
I've been doing a dummy booking on Friday afternoon to fly Stansted-Vilnius on Saturday. For each of the flights on Saturday morning and afternoon, the app shows at least 4 seats available... but says even if it is just 1 person, a ticket can only be purchased at the airport. On other routes departing Stansted at the same time of day, online booking seems fine with no requirement to buy at the airport.

It's possible FR are trying to charge extra, but in that case, why not just raise the quoted fare ? I'm wondering if there is overbooking going on... despite FR's claims not to do so

lfc84
8th Dec 2023, 14:16
I've been doing a dummy booking on Friday afternoon to fly Stansted-Vilnius on Saturday. For each of the flights on Saturday morning and afternoon, the app shows at least 4 seats available... but says even if it is just 1 person, a ticket can only be purchased at the airport. On other routes departing Stansted at the same time of day, online booking seems fine with no requirement to buy at the airport.

It's possible FR are trying to charge extra, but in that case, why not just raise the quoted fare ? I'm wondering if there is overbooking going on... despite FR's claims not to do so

Try the website instead.
A dummy booking just went through to the payment screen

davidjohnson6
8th Dec 2023, 14:27
Try the website instead.
A dummy booking just went through to the payment screen
Agreed that the website allows ticket purchase, while the app does not... but why ? Just a c*ck-up somewhere or is there something behind this ?

alphalimaechoxray
9th Dec 2023, 17:05
Try a different device, the app can be unreliable on some devices. Don't know the reason behind it though

lfc84
9th Dec 2023, 23:46
Agreed that the website allows ticket purchase, while the app does not... but why ? Just a c*ck-up somewhere or is there something behind this ?
They'll do anything to get more money from people. Anything

Seljuk
13th Dec 2023, 19:17
Tangier will be a new base and Ryanair will launch domestic flights in Morocco. In total 14 based aircraft in Morocco next summer with 7 in Marrakesh, 3 in Fez, 2 in Agadir and 2 in Tangier.
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-invests-us1-4-billion-in-morocco-for-2024/

SWBKCB
14th Dec 2023, 07:45
Tangier will be a new base and Ryanair will launch domestic flights in Morocco. In total 14 based aircraft in Morocco next summer with 7 in Marrakesh, 3 in Fez, 2 in Agadir and 2 in Tangier.
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-invests-us1-4-billion-in-morocco-for-2024/

So does Morocco allows EU airlines to operate domestic flights, or is there another arrangement going on here? Moroccan subsidiary?

ATNotts
14th Dec 2023, 08:02
So does Morocco allows EU airlines to operate domestic flights, or is there another arrangement going on here? Moroccan subsidiary?
Exactly the question I posed on the BHX thread.

XSBaggage
14th Dec 2023, 13:00
davidjohnson6 I can't remember the specifics regarding timeframes, but there is a restriction that Ryanair places on last minute tickets to Lithuania, Latvia and (maybe) Estonia where they have to be purchased at the airport rather than online. I believe there was an issue a few years ago regarding potential credit card fraud or something similar.

MANFAN
19th Dec 2023, 08:07
During a change of flight yesterday evening, there was a significant increase in the fare difference at the very last minute!
I had opted to change the origin of my flight and during the change process on the website the price was quoted as £85, this was no problem as I needed to change the origin. I entered my payment details, accepted the T&C's, received a security code from my bank for the online payment, this was successful and so everything looked good...until I then received a message from the website informing me that the price of one of my products for the flight had changed and therefore I needed to rebook...I was redirected back to my bookings page when after again entering the changes, the price had increased to £199!! Again, as I really needed to modify this flight to another airport, I paid the difference.
But what I didn't understand was why did I have to rebook after going through the whole payment process, to the point where the secure banking process was also completed...I don't know the in's & out's of the Ryanair pricing and ticketing structure, but I can only think there were other passengers booking at the same time which caused the fare to dramatically increase?!
I book with Ryanair around 15-20 times per year and have many times modified my flights, but this is a first for me!

davidjohnson6
20th Dec 2023, 06:57
Salerno airport, 50 km south of Naples is due to open to scheduled traffic in summer 2024, with Ryanair credibly mentioned as being interested. Could this happen, or are Ryanair sticking purely with (their substantial operation at) Naples ?
https://www.pasazer.com/news/464557/we,wloszech,zostanie,otwarte,nowe,lotnisko.html

AirportPlanner1
20th Dec 2023, 08:56
Scheduled ops at Salerno have come and gone over the years although mostly by little known airlines. It is geographically closer to a lot of the notable Amalfi coast destinations but the journey is longer than to NAP because you have to navigate the world famous spectacular Amalfi Drive. I would suggest it has some limited potential for low-frequency domestic routes to bring people to Salerno itself and the beaches to the south but it’s never going to replace NAP.

SealinkBF
20th Dec 2023, 11:16
Ryanair hails legal victory against approval of Air France-KLM Covid bailout | Travel Weekly (https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/ryanair-hails-legal-victory-against-approval-of-covid-bailout-for-air-france-klm)

callum91
27th Dec 2023, 16:20
Does anyone know why you can fly back into MME from Alicante after Oct 24th 2024 but you can’t fly out from MME?
Why would an airline sell seats in only one direction and then return empty?

pabely
27th Dec 2023, 19:42
Does anyone know why you can fly back into MME from Alicante after Oct 24th 2024 but you can’t fly out from MME?
Why would an airline sell seats in only one direction and then return empty?
Do not assume it returns to ALC. You are into Winter shedules (last Sunday on October) so things still fluid. As usually a ALC based aircraft maybe doing a different route after arriving.

SWBKCB
27th Dec 2023, 20:03
More likely that the full schedule hasn't been fully loaded than RYR doing other than a straight ALC-MME-ALC.

If it wasn't the season of goodwill to all men, somebody might suggest the reverse routing was more likely - one way out of Teesside.... :ok:

Harold77
27th Dec 2023, 21:44
There is a flight out from Teesside on 24th October.

Then that Sunday, the 27th is the start of the Winter timetable which has not been finalised/ uploaded yet with fares.

davidjohnson6
3rd Jan 2024, 15:40
FR are throwing a wobbly against travel agents for NOT listing FR flights and fares.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67873695

Maybe I'm being overly simple... but FR don't want OTAs to add a mark-up to FR prices, but they do want OTAs to sell FR tickets and make customers go through manual verification processes. In effect OTAs are meant to do free advertising for FR but not get any money for their efforts.
How is that meant to work ?

mart901
3rd Jan 2024, 17:23
FR are throwing a wobbly against travel agents for NOT listing FR flights and fares.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67873695

Maybe I'm being overly simple... but FR don't want OTAs to add a mark-up to FR prices, but they do want OTAs to sell FR tickets and make customers go through manual verification processes. In effect OTAs are meant to do free advertising for FR but not get any money for their efforts.
How is that meant to work ?

It's called any publicity will do ....

PIKAviationTours
3rd Jan 2024, 17:34
Any idea when the FR Winter timetable will be finalised? Trying to change a flight from PIK to FAO from March to November but can't at present.

rustythumb
4th Jan 2024, 12:25
Does anyone have any insight into why the BOH-PFO route was dropped? It always seemed pretty popular when I flew it?

I see RYR has recently introduced LPL-PFO, does anyone know if there is any chance of it returning to Bournemouth? Particularly as EasyJet are never going to be able to operate SOU-LCA.

We have one once-a-week flight to Cyprus (PFO) with TUI for the geographic area that encompasses BOH and SOU. It would be good if someone could make it work.

Sharklet_321
4th Jan 2024, 12:51
The current pricing of TUI on BOH-PFO is ridiculously high, so Ryanair no doubt could make a BOH-LCA service work.

rustythumb
4th Jan 2024, 13:16
LCA would be a more preferable route than PFO and would provide BOH with a much-needed hub airport connection. With Larnaca's climate, it could be year-round. However, RYR only operate Vienna from Larnaca.

Still would love to know the reason the OG route was dropped - sector length?

davidjohnson6
4th Jan 2024, 13:39
I'm not sure many people would consider a 4+ hour flight on FR to Larnaca followed by a self-connect as a useful hub connection for Bournemouth. Those who really do need a link to a hub would probably think about flying from Bristol or Southampton

rustythumb
4th Jan 2024, 13:55
Yes, I appreciate starting the leg on a Ryanair flight wouldn't characterise LCA as a hub in the conventional sense, but I know friends who have done self-connect routings through places like Venice on to Tel Aviv. I don't know many from the Bournemouth/Southampton area that would even consider using BRS for a hub flight, let alone a direct flight when they could head towards the London airports in the same travel time (or less).

As for Southampton do people does anyone ever use it as the start of a hub flight these days?

SWBKCB
4th Jan 2024, 14:10
As for Southampton do people does anyone ever use it as the start of a hub flight these days?

Better ask KLM

SKOJB
4th Jan 2024, 14:56
Yes, I appreciate starting the leg on a Ryanair flight wouldn't characterise LCA as a hub in the conventional sense, but I know friends who have done self-connect routings through places like Venice on to Tel Aviv. I don't know many from the Bournemouth/Southampton area that would even consider using BRS for a hub flight, let alone a direct flight when they could head towards the London airports in the same travel time (or less).

SOU been a hub connecting airport of sorts for years, CDG, AMS, FRA, DUB and even MAN when BE were around

Sotonsean
4th Jan 2024, 21:59
SOU been a hub connecting airport of sorts for years, CDG, AMS, FRA, DUB and even MAN when BE were around

And to a certain extent you can add BRU, MUC and MXP to your list of hubs previously served from SOU.

Just an example but an ever growing amount of foreign crew members joining their vessels in the Port of Southampton use the KLM service from Amsterdam.

SWBKCB
6th Jan 2024, 18:56
The original question was "As for Southampton do people does anyone ever use it as the start of a hub flight these days?" - so current hub links.

A seperate question, and more suitable for the Southampton thread, is why the previous hub links listed are now no longer served.

Going back to the original point, can't see RYR chosing LCA over PFO becuase of the better onward links...

rustythumb
6th Jan 2024, 21:42
The original question was "As for Southampton do people does anyone ever use it as the start of a hub flight these days?" - so current hub links.

It was actually "Does anyone have any insight into why the BOH-PFO route was dropped?"

That's the question I'm seeking an answer for... if anyone knows I'd be interested - thanks!

rustythumb
8th Jan 2024, 17:56
The current pricing of TUI on BOH-PFO is ridiculously high, so Ryanair no doubt could make a BOH-LCA service work.

I mean a year round Cyprus route would clearly be in the top 5/6 routes out of Bournemouth - I still can't understand why Ryanair dropped it and would love it if they brought it back...

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/728x688/screenshot_2024_01_08_at_18_50_48_dd2b2df0f544d9bbf9a5d1a849 ba46cb739c0bc0.png
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/800x744/screenshot_2024_01_08_at_18_51_26_796e8881865268d38a83f1fa4b 4e3f708913c8bc.png

Sharklet_321
9th Jan 2024, 13:21
A third based aircraft at BOH would most likely see a return to Cyprus, which was the plan for 2024 before aircraft delivery delays.

The intent was to add the following from BOH:

Funchal
Bucharest
Warsaw
Belfast International
Porto
Madrid - resumption
Gdansk
Fuerteventura - resumption
Paphos - resumption

AVGEEK7812
9th Jan 2024, 13:32
Do you know if theres any intent to add anything from Shannon?

Ryanair last added a route in Dec 2022 for 2023 launch but nothing since.
They were meant to have a long term deal with SNN so surprised there has been nothing announced since.

billyg
13th Jan 2024, 11:26
Saw a wee snippet elsewhere saying that some of RYRs EDI based crews have been told they will be required to become GLA based soon , anyone heard anything concrete ?

davidjohnson6
16th Jan 2024, 19:20
How big a discount will Boeing offer in return for the political backing ?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67994140

tictack67
16th Jan 2024, 19:29
Saw a wee snippet elsewhere saying that some of RYRs EDI based crews have been told they will be required to become GLA based soon , anyone heard anything concrete ?

Ryanair have 3 adverts on their website for Cabin crew at Edinburgh for S24

One of them is possibly a typo meant to be for Glasgow

https://careers.ryanair.com/search/#job/8893FF9CE0

Asturias56
17th Jan 2024, 08:29
you mean Edinburgh West?

SealinkBF
17th Jan 2024, 09:48
How big a discount will Boeing offer in return for the political backing ?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67994140

Can't help thinking this is not a good look for Boeing

Seljuk
17th Jan 2024, 17:08
2 more aircraft for London - 56 in total but not mentioned how many at STN and LTN. Anyone has more details/information?
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-bases-2-new-aircraft-7-new-routes-150-new-jobs-in-record-london-s24-schedule/

2 more aircraft for CRL - 18 in total
https://corporate.ryanair.com/nouvelles/ryanair-base-2-nouveaux-avions-ajoute-6-nouvelles-lignes-et-60-nouveaux-emplois-a-bruxelles-charleroi-pour-lete-2024/

pabely
17th Jan 2024, 18:07
2 more aircraft for London - 57 in total but not mentioned how many at STN and LTN. Anyone has more details/information?
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-bases-2-new-aircraft-7-new-routes-150-new-jobs-in-record-london-s24-schedule/

2 more aircraft for CRL - 18 in total
https://corporate.ryanair.com/nouvelles/ryanair-base-2-nouveaux-avions-ajoute-6-nouvelles-lignes-et-60-nouveaux-emplois-a-bruxelles-charleroi-pour-lete-2024/
LTN only picks up 1 extra route x3 weekly but does appear to be a LTN based aircraft. I don't think they picked up any additional slots for S24 at LTN.

Seljuk
23rd Jan 2024, 16:55
Rome (FCO/CIA) will get 2 more aircraft this summer - 17 in total. I assume FCO will be increased to put pressure on W6 there.
https://corporate.ryanair.com/novita/ryanair-inaugura-7-nuove-rotte-da-roma/

BGY will get a 23rd aircraft while MXP remains at 8
https://corporate.ryanair.com/novita/ryanair-inaugura-10-nuove-rotte-da-milano-per-lestate/?market=it

pikkuprinssi
24th Jan 2024, 11:17
It seems quite certain that Ryanair will further expand in Italy:

- Trieste (TRS) to be announced tomorrow as their 18th base in the country
- Reggio Calabria (REG) to follow as the 19th (brand-new destination for FR) with the official announcement to happen within the next 2 weeks
- Olbia (OLB) to become their 3rd (seasonal) destination in Sardinia for domestic flights starting from S24.

https://www.corriere.it/economia/consumi/24_gennaio_24/ryanair-due-nuove-basi-italia-trieste-reggio-calabria-cade-tabu-olbia-primi-voli-costa-smeralda-23e7988c-ba2a-11ee-ba74-27f8e95b0676.shtml
(Italian only)

davidjohnson6
24th Jan 2024, 13:10
It looks like FlyArna in Armenia has suspended operations for the forseeable future.
Time for Ryanair to offer their services while the Armenian Govt and Yerevan airport are in a weak position ?

SealinkBF
24th Jan 2024, 13:24
Looks like Ryanair realise they need OTAs after all.

https://www.travelmole.com/news/ryanair-inks-first-ota-partnership-with-loveholidays/?otg=1&nidd=YmlsbHlzaGVhcmVyQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ==

pabely
25th Jan 2024, 12:41
More Italian based aircraft if a condition of Lufthansa take over of ITA occurs
https://aviationweek.com/air-transport/airports-networks/ryanair-plots-italy-growth-eyes-extra-rome-slots
Obviously if slots are released, no guarantee Ryanair get them, might even go to Easyjet or Wizzair.

Seljuk
27th Jan 2024, 12:00
Additional 33 aircraft to be based and 5 more bases to be opened in Spain until 2031
https://www.elperiodico.com/es/economia/20240112/ceo-ryanair-informa-sanchez-inversiones-espana-96822909?utm_source=twitter-dogtrack&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=EPeconomia_cas

Currently FR has 12 bases in Spain: MAD, BCN, PMI, AGP, ALC, TFS, VLC, IBZ, ACE, SVQ, SCQ, GRO

Possible future bases:
LPA, BIO, FUE, Oviedo, Santander, Reus, Granada, Jerez, Murcia, Zaragoza, Castellon etc.

Markushillman
27th Jan 2024, 12:23
Additional 33 aircraft to be based and 5 more bases to be opened in Spain until 2031
https://www.elperiodico.com/es/economia/20240112/ceo-ryanair-informa-sanchez-inversiones-espana-96822909?utm_source=twitter-dogtrack&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=EPeconomia_cas

Currently FR has 12 bases in Spain: MAD, BCN, PMI, AGP, ALC, TFS, VLC, IBZ, ACE, SVQ, SCQ, GRO

Possible future bases:
LPA, BIO, FUE, Oviedo, Santander, Reus, Granada, Jerez, Murcia, Zaragoza, Castellon etc.

LPA must be one eventually

Doors to...
27th Jan 2024, 18:29
Several years ago FR had an LPA base but it was closed at the same time as TFS, hopefully as TFS is now re-established LPA will be next.

LGS6753
29th Jan 2024, 11:56
From Travel Mole:
https://www.travelmole.com/news/ryanair-cuts-airline-profit-guidance/?otg=1&nidd=aGFybG93aGFybG93MjAwMkB5YWhvby5jby51aw==

SealinkBF
30th Jan 2024, 10:42
Ryanair crawling back to another OTA

https://www.travelmole.com/news/ryanair-inks-new-ota-partnership-with-kiwi-com/?otg=1&nidd=YmlsbHlzaGVhcmVyQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ==

Seljuk
8th Feb 2024, 17:07
7th aircraft for Malta this summer
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-launches-record-malta-s24-schedule/

Portugal will be reduced to 28 based aircraft. Ponta Delgada is no longer a base and Funchal reduced to 1 aircraft.
https://corporate.ryanair.com/novidades/ryanair-anuncia-14-novas-rotas-em-sua-maior-programacao-de-verao-em-portugal/

VLCfkight
9th Feb 2024, 15:59
Local press reporting that Valencia will go from seven to none based aircraft this coming summer.

davidjohnson6
9th Feb 2024, 16:07
Local press reporting that Valencia will go from seven to none based aircraft this coming summer.
Would you be kind enough to post a link from a news source ? It's fine if it's in Spanish or Catalan/Valencian
The only thing I can see in the Valencian press today is a regurgitated Ryanair press release about 6 new routes and going from 2.8 million seats (seats, not necessarily pax) last year to 3.5 million seats this year

pabely
14th Feb 2024, 18:51
So RYR with then fanfare about restarting TLV flights, will not.
https://aviationweek.com/air-transport/airlines-lessors/ryanair-cancels-tel-aviv-flights-over-low-cost-terminal-closure

VLCfkight
14th Feb 2024, 20:50
Originally reported in Levante but also in this article which is almost word for word the Spanish original

https://247valencia.com/ryanair-unveils-ambitious-expansion-plans-for-valencia-in-summer-2024/

davidjohnson6
14th Feb 2024, 20:54
VLCfkight - you originally wrote that "Local press reporting that Valencia will go from seven to none based aircraft this coming summer."
The word "none" usually suggests zero or nothing. Did you mean "nine" instead ? Perhaps I should have guessed it was a typo rather than a dramatic change of aircraft deployment.... :-)

LGS6753
15th Feb 2024, 12:28
From Travel Trade Gazette:
https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/breaking-news/tui-to-sell-ryanair-flights-in-dynamic-packaging-agreement-44739?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Breaking%20News

Markushillman
15th Feb 2024, 12:58
From Travel Trade Gazette:
https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/breaking-news/tui-to-sell-ryanair-flights-in-dynamic-packaging-agreement-44739?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Breaking%20News

Win Win for both parties, the Sun flight destinations from the smaller airports in the UK like EXT, MME, NWI and CWL, Certainly make sense now, with TUI also present at all.

davidjohnson6
15th Feb 2024, 13:03
Win Win for both parties, the Sun flight destinations from the smaller airports in the UK like EXT, MME, NWI and CWL, Certainly make sense now, with TUI also present at all.
Not a win win at all. TUI lose significant control of their product. Customers ask more questions why they should book with TUI when booking direct may be cheaper. Furthermore, hotels are less inclined to offer TUI bulk discounts if they perceive TUI as little more than a travel agent. What is TUI really providing that booking.com and ryanair.com cannot ?

Markushillman
15th Feb 2024, 13:11
Not a win win at all. TUI lose significant control of their product. Customers ask more questions why they should book with TUI when booking direct may be cheaper. What is TUI really providing that booking.com and ryanair.com cannot ?

Didn't see it like that, so I take your point. TUI must see an advantage, perhaps with the ever growing Jet2 they felt they need to do something different.

Seljuk
15th Feb 2024, 18:27
Reggio Calabria will be a new base with 1 based aircraft
https://corporate.ryanair.com/novita/ryanair-presenta-un-operativo-record-in-calabria-con-la-nuova-base-di-reggio-calabria/

ara01jbb
17th Feb 2024, 16:59
Ryanair are abandoning all domestic routes within Sweden, blaming taxes, fees blah blah blah. Affects ARN - LLA/SKF/GOT/MMX/VBY; all trunk routes for SK, TF and DY.

(Meanwhile, for context, Norwegian reported 2023 results this week: EBIT 2.23 billion NOK (212 million USD) margin of 9%; about to pay out dividend of 50 million USD its shareholders. I don’t believe FR moaning about taxes and fees when other airlines are doing just fine.)

FR were welcomed in Sweden, but without guaranteed connections in ARN they would have struggled to survive on just P2P.

Report (in Swedish) about the cancellations:
https://www.tn.se/naringsliv/35560/svenska-flygskatten-slar-ut-inrikeslinjer-jagar-bort-ett-av-europas-storsta-flygbolag/

Norwegian’s results:
https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/611110

1sky
17th Feb 2024, 17:12
Ryanair are abandoning all domestic routes within Sweden, blaming taxes, fees blah blah blah. Affects ARN - LLA/SKF/GOT/MMX/VBY; all trunk routes for SK, TF and DY.

(Meanwhile, for context, Norwegian reported 2023 results this week: EBIT 2.23 billion NOK (212 million USD) margin of 9%; about to pay out dividend of 50 million USD its shareholders. I don’t believe FR moaning about taxes and fees when other airlines are doing just fine.)

FR were welcomed in Sweden, but without guaranteed connections in ARN they would have struggled to survive on just P2P.

https://www.tn.se/naringsliv/35560/svenska-flygskatten-slar-ut-inrikeslinjer-jagar-bort-ett-av-europas-storsta-flygbolag/

Norwegian’s results:

It was a very thin operation. I don’t think any of the routes were even daily.

The truth is Ryanair struggles massively on domestic services. I think the only real exception is Italy, and also Spain (which are both very different types of market compared to Northern European domestic). Same for Wizz Air actually.

Markushillman
17th Feb 2024, 17:39

Norwegian’s results:

Lovely to see Norwegian back on track. Ryanair always have an excuse if something doesnt work. Would be great if they actually said for once "well we didn't get the passengers numbers we expected, so had to leave the market" however I think hell would of frozen over if that happened

Bradley Hardacre
17th Feb 2024, 19:36
Yes, but Ryanair are profitable

sergy2k
20th Feb 2024, 13:20

Norwegian’s results:

Going up against SAS with its multi frequencies was always going to be a challenge. Take Skelleftea as an example. Nearly 5 flights a day to Arlanda so perfect for onward flights or work trips. Ryanair was 3 times a week, at odd times as well so only really benefitted the few. Of course they'll blame taxes, airport operators etc

Seljuk
20th Feb 2024, 18:02
42 aircraft will be based in Poland this summer
https://corporate.ryanair.com/informacje/ryanair-uruchamia-rekordowy-rozklad-lotow-s24w-polsce/?market=pl

Malaga will get 3 more aircraft - 16 in total
https://corporate.ryanair.com/spanish/ryanair-anuncia-un-calendario-record-para-el-verano-2024-en-malaga/?market=es

Tenerife will be doubled to 4 aircraft
https://corporate.ryanair.com/spanish/ryanair-anuncia-su-calendario-del-verano-2024-en-tenerife/?market=es

10 aircraft for Budapest
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-opens-6-new-routes-in-record-s24-schedule-2-new-b737-a-c-200m-invest-in-budapest/?market=hu

5th aircraft for Catania
https://corporate.ryanair.com/novita/ryanair-annuncia-operativo-record-per-lestate-24-su-catania/?market=it

LGS6753
27th Feb 2024, 12:00
From Travelmole:
https://www.travelmole.com/news/ryanair-inks-ota-partnership-with-on-the-beach/?otg=1&nidd=aGFybG93aGFybG93MjAwMkB5YWhvby5jby51aw==

It seems to me that Ryanair is trying to regularise its relationships with OTAs to increase business, and minimise the inconvenience/cost of unregulated access to bookings. Sounds like a good strategy.

SealinkBF
27th Feb 2024, 12:27
From Travelmole:
https://www.travelmole.com/news/ryanair-inks-ota-partnership-with-on-the-beach/?otg=1&nidd=aGFybG93aGFybG93MjAwMkB5YWhvby5jby51aw==

It seems to me that Ryanair is trying to regularise its relationships with OTAs to increase business, and minimise the inconvenience/cost of unregulated access to bookings. Sounds like a good strategy.

They totally underestimated the role of OTA's on their business and this is a back tracking exercise after all their raging about how bad OTAs are

PAXboy
28th Feb 2024, 02:07
Fortune magazine:

Ryanair CEO wants Boeing to pay his budget airline compensation after Alaska Airlines incident puts summer travel season under threatRyanair CEO Michael O’Leary slammed Boeing for being a manufacturing “s--t show” as potential delays in aircraft deliveries for the summer could mean bad news. BY
PRARTHANA PRAKASH
February 26, 2024 8:17 AM EST

rog747
28th Feb 2024, 05:29
As much as I do not like, nor do I choose to fly on Ryanair, I do think the CEO MoL has every right to slam Boeing.
He is one is their biggest customers (although at the end of the day he maybe not completely loyal) and his airline has been seriously affected, first by the 2019 737 MAX Groundings and then huge delays in new aircraft, orders not delivered on time (or at all) over the past few years, and now with more delays yet to come.

That in itself could cripple many companies, but MoL is a very clever man and will use this in his favour of course.

Ryanair ordered (on 9 May 2023) 300 new Boeing 737-MAX-10 aircraft (150 firm with 150 options) for delivery between 2027 to 2033.
That type has not even yet been certificated, nor any production models built.
If the M-10 does not get delivered on time, or get the same 737 Pilot type rating, and/or does not even come to fruition (worst case) then again MoL's Contract no doubt gives him exclusive clauses for compensation.
He (MoL) also just announced to the Travel Industry that if any U.S. airline customers refuse to take delivery of 737 MAX 10 aircraft, then Ryanair would take them.
United Airlines has ordered 277 MAX 10 jets with options for another 200, and said last week the airline's new fleet plan does not include the model, which had already been mired in regulatory and delivery delays before the Alaska Airlines incident.

"We (MoL CEO Ryanair) have told Boeing that if some of these American airlines don't want to take the MAX 10 aircraft, Ryanair will take those aircraft,"
He described the MAX 10 as "transformational" and said Boeing would always make great aircraft "but quality does need to be improved."
"If Scott Kirby (CEO United Airlines) doesn't want to take his MAX 10s, then we'll very happily take them at the right price" .
Asked if Ryanair was nervous about its huge reliance on the Boeing MAX or was looking at ways to diversify, they said: "No, the MAX is a great aircraft."
But said "if something were to happen", Ryanair would have the option of not selling its older 737s.

TUI Airways UK also have a dilemma over its large 737M-10 order that was supposed to have been in service from 2021 to replace the 757's, and they (TUI) seemingly have no game plan should the -10 faces further delays, or does not come to fruition at all.
For this summer TUI are again relying on a huge and increasing amount of ACMI/3rd Party aircraft leases at many of it's UK and Eire bases.

SWBKCB
28th Feb 2024, 06:27
I think United said they are looking at contingency plans for in case the MAX-10 doesn't turn up, rather than they are out of their plans completely.

What's the current position on the MAX-10 certification?

SKOJB
28th Feb 2024, 06:38
It’s only a matter of time before OLeary tests the water with Airbus. He is spot on, Boeing are a complete sh1t show and there is only so long that airlines can continue to be let down on future order books whilst also putting their staff at risk and the balance sheet struggling.

SWBKCB
28th Feb 2024, 06:40
And how does Airbus produce the number of aircraft that Ryanair would need?

SKOJB
28th Feb 2024, 06:45
And how does Airbus produce the number of aircraft that Ryanair would need?

Good question for which I don’t have an answer, just my personal opinion that I think RYR at some point soon will try out the NEO

rog747
28th Feb 2024, 06:53
I think United said they are looking at contingency plans for in case the MAX-10 doesn't turn up, rather than they are out of their plans completely.

What's the current position on the MAX-10 certification?

United have stated they have removed the Type from their future fleet plans.

The Certification for the Type is still mired with Boeing seeking (pleading) in yet again asking for extending exemptions, and submitting further cockpit redesigns, confirming aircraft stability, and of course for the coveted 737 Cockpit Pilot type rating commonality. There seems no end date.
(That expired at the end of last year).

As for Ryanair changing tack in supplier --- They are extremely (as we all know) influential.
I'll leave it there.

As for the other latest news that Ryanair fares will rise by up to 10% this summer as MoL blames the Boeing delivery delays, I feel that will not impact their Sales too much.

rog747
28th Feb 2024, 07:03
Good question for which I don’t have an answer, just my personal opinion that I think RYR at some point soon will try out the NEO

Indeed, and maybe...
Or, if the 737M-10 fails, MoL will just fall back on the existing 737M8-200 type of which he still has a huge back order book.

He would be placed for Ryanair's M-10 orders to be changed to the M8-200,
and with that he would receive huge contractual compensation and the new airfarmes at bargain/reduced prices.
We've been there before.
The only caveat and dilemma he is then faced with would see a negative on Ryanair's growth and expansion with reduced seat costs if flying with the M-10.
The smaller 8-200 seats 197 pax, whereas the M-10 will seat 228.

LGS6753
28th Feb 2024, 13:29
Of course Ryanair are gathering info on operating the A320 through their subsidiary Lauda Air.
If Ryanair wanted to add A320s, Airbus would ramp up production, something currently closed to Boeing due to FAA restrictions.

Seljuk
28th Feb 2024, 18:24
Some more announcements for the summer:

3rd aircraft for Kaunas
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-announces-1-new-aircraft-3-new-routes-30-new-jobs-at-kaunas-for-s24/

16th for Palma
https://corporate.ryanair.com/spanish/ryanair-anuncia-el-calendario-de-baleares-para-verano24/?market=es

11th for Krakow
https://corporate.ryanair.com/informacje/ryanair-oglasza-rekordowy-letni-rozklad-lotow-dla-krakowa/

pabely
28th Feb 2024, 19:18
Of course Ryanair are gathering info on operating the A320 through their subsidiary Lauda Air.
If Ryanair wanted to add A320s, Airbus would ramp up production, something currently closed to Boeing due to FAA restrictions.
The next 3 months could break Boeing
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/28/us/politics/faa-boeing-737-max.html
If they don't fix things quick the M-10 could be on serious hold for quite a while.
If Airbus could get supply chains to upscale again then could additional production lines be added in US to accommodate United and others to free up Hamburg & Toulouse for a sizable Ryanair order and what sort of lead times would this involve? The M-8200 is just a stepping stone, Ok big one, to the M-10.
As slots become more scarce in Europe, the 321 will be king with the best cost/pax, those extra 30 seats will sell at the highest price.

pabely
1st Mar 2024, 06:58
Tel Aviv suspended - again.
https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/ryanair-suspends-tel-aviv-flights-following-airport-costs-row-45015

ALEXGVA
2nd Mar 2024, 08:53
New route

From 3rd June (1pw)

Brussels-CRL/Ponta Delgada

LGS6753
7th Mar 2024, 13:09
Another distribution agreement:
https://www.travelmole.com/news/ryanair-inks-distribution-deal-with-kyte-to-lure-corporate-travellers/?otg=1&nidd=aGFybG93aGFybG93MjAwMkB5YWhvby5jby51aw==

Charlie98
24th Mar 2024, 17:46
Anyone know what’s up with GRUKB? Has had a fault every other day for the last week.

Mcvicker03
24th Mar 2024, 18:58
Anyone have a rough idea of when the winter sale goes ahead?

Markushillman
25th Mar 2024, 09:21
Anyone have a rough idea of when the winter sale goes ahead?

April I believe

JW95
11th Apr 2024, 12:06
Apologies if this has been covered previously, but it is being reported elsewhere that Ryanair are now seeking to increase Lauda's fleet to 50 aircraft, as opposed to replacing the existing 27 Airbus A320s with 737s. Reasoning for this, according to MOL, would be cost savings through not needing to retrain existing Airbus crew to the Boeing fleet. Options currently being looked at include:

Extending leases on the existing A320 fleet (currently 27 aircraft) upon expiration of their leases in 28';
Expanding and/or replacing the existing aircraft with other (newer) A320-CEOs;
Longer term: transitioning to the A320-NEO family after 2030- MOL seems hopeful to get a deal with Airbus, and is reportedly considering both the Airbus A320 and A321-NEO.

Personally, I hope that Lauda Europe will continue to fly an Airbus fleet. From a passenger perspective, I find their aircraft more comfortable and less cramped than FR's 738s

Source:

https://simpleflying.com/ryanair-ceo-wants-more-airbus-a320-family-aircraft/

RA85684
11th Apr 2024, 12:35
I would love to see Lauda take on neo's, and I can see FR group making an order for A321's for delivery post-2030 and I think that, very similarly to Jet2, we will see subsequent follow up orders take place and an eventual large fleet of Lauda A321's operating for FR on the continent.

I have no doubts that the other FR group airlines will stick with the 737 MAX, especially the -10's, but I do think we will see Lauda become a larger cog in the Ryanair machine, and I woudn't be surprised to see Ryanair's larger bases especially in southern Europe and the Spanish Islands move over to Lauda bases if they do take on A321neo's. The CASM and lifting power that the A21N could offer on trunk routes like STN/DUB/MAN-PMI/TFS/ALC would be irresistible.

I also don't think it's outside the realms of possibility to see A21N's arrive on property in large numbers even before the MAX 10's arrive.

I say A321neo throughout as I can't see them ordering A320's unless the price is significantly reduced. By seat cost, the A21N wins hands down.

MANFAN
17th Apr 2024, 16:59
Changed a flight last night on the app, no fare difference, only the standard €45 flight change fee...however, my initial seat that I paid for wasn't available, so I opted to purchase another seat (although cheaper at €3), so the total cost came to €48.
Paid with my Revolut card, received the new confirmation email also stating €48, however, my Revolut account was debited €52...there were no fees to pay with this card type (Visa) according to the email confirmation...am I missing something or do Ryanair owe me €4?

It seems even if you change the currency in the app during the payment process (to sterling), you are still charged in Euro's (in this specific case, as the flight originates in France, so therefore the local currency). Or is it because the app detects my location and charges me in the currency of the country I am currently at?

BA318
17th Apr 2024, 17:52
Changed a flight last night on the app, no fare difference, only the standard €45 flight change fee...however, my initial seat that I paid for wasn't available, so I opted to purchase another seat (although cheaper at €3), so the total cost came to €48.
Paid with my Revolut card, received the new confirmation email also stating €48, however, my Revolut account was debited €52...there were no fees to pay with this card type (Visa) according to the email confirmation...am I missing something or do Ryanair owe me €4?

It seems even if you change the currency in the app during the payment process (to sterling), you are still charged in Euro's (in this specific case, as the flight originates in France, so therefore the local currency). Or is it because the app detects my location and charges me in the currency of the country I am currently at?

often you are charged based on where the flight departs. For example when I book a BA flight from my home in ARN I am charged in Krona if departing Sweden but if I book the flight back (also from home) the price is in £.

As for the price discrepancy can’t you question it with Revolut?