PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair-11

Pages : 1 [2] 3

brian_dromey
6th Jul 2021, 13:57
What the experts actually said is that there was not enough evidence to mandate the wearing of masks. That is not the same thing. There have been a number of papers published in the medical literature since then showing that masks are effective. Perhaps this article will help, the takeaway message is that masks do reduce you chances of contracting COVID-19 by somewhere in the region of 60-90%. Of course as the numbers increase that becomes more relevant as your chance of being exposed is higher.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8
I dont understand the hatred towards the mask myself. The country seems very keen on vaccination, which reduces the chance of contracting COVID, symptomatic illness, spreading COVID, hospitalisation and death, but is associated with some side effects. Masks also offer all of these benefits and no/very mild side effects of slight discomfort and occasional skin irritation.

It looks like airlines will require mask wearing for some time - I suspect many employers on the ground will too. So the masks wont be going anywhere for a while yet.
https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/pax-expect-face-masks-post-19-july/

Aero Mad
6th Jul 2021, 14:26
It is PRIMARILY a reminder and a CONTROL MECHANISM

That is just nonsense, I'm afraid. Sure, the evidence was initially equivocal, but lots of studies suggest they do have a statistically significant impact in reducing spread, particularly in confined indoor spaces.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7497125/
https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

Skipness One Foxtrot
6th Jul 2021, 14:39
Ah statistically significant here just means the uplift is due to wearing one vesus not wearing one, it doesn't suggest a significant benefit to public health. My day job is explaining this to marketeers, so you're quite correct, but it's common to overstate the benefit which is, from what I have seen and read, marginal. Hence why I said the main reason to legislate to make people wear them is for visibility and public confidence. I'm not saying they don't help, they do, what I am saying the benefit is relatively small and the principal rationale for them is control. You might not agree with SAGE but this was the arguement that won the day. They were deemed essential to gain compliance in other areas, hence this will never end, while masks are worn, and there's quite a lot of scientists keen to ensure we keep wearing them to tackle flu. It's up to you (from the 19th)!

davidjohnson6
6th Jul 2021, 14:45
Could we possibly keep this topic vaguely connected to Ryanair, and perhaps move the question of the general usefulness (or not) of masks in a pandemic to JetBlast please ?

Skipness One Foxtrot
6th Jul 2021, 14:45
brian_dromey

That's absolutely not what the paper is saying, to reiterate, the wearing of a mask will not stop you catching COVID 19, mask wearing is to catch expelled aerosol spray to prevent you spreading it to anyone else. This has been made clear time and time again, and the benefit attached, the supporting number to go alongside that assertion is unclear and IMHO marginal. It's intentionally vague.
And to reiterate, to suggest that wearing a mask reduces the chances of catching COVID by 60-90% is flat out wrong, that's cleverly implied, but that's not actually what they say. One for JetBlast before we go wildly off topic?

brian_dromey
6th Jul 2021, 17:19
You are quite right, the risk of secondary transmission was reduced by 79% when the positive case wore a mask AND all the individuals in the house also wore a mask prior to the onset of symptoms, so teasing that apart is impossible. What we really did not understand in the early days was the effect of asymptomatic spread on case numbers, this study seems to suggest that masks are effective in preventing transmission when the index case is infective, but does not have symptoms.
I think mask wearing has become so highly politicised, especially in the US but also in some political viewpoints in the UK, that there is little point arguing. I wont harp on any further but it is really important to bear in mind how COVID spreads, this is a respiratory virus that largely does not spread by contaminated surfaces. We argue about wearing masks while we consume huge quantities of anti-viral wipes and cleaning products.

At the end of the day it is up to Ryanair to decide what rules, conditions or other terms passengers need to comply with to board their aircraft, over and above any legal requirements. Their website makes it very clear (far clearer than many of their other T&C's!) that a mask is mandatory while on board a Ryanair aircraft and they are clear they have no plans to change it. At least they are being up front and clear with passengers what to expect. You can't say farer than that.

CCFAIRPORT
13th Jul 2021, 17:19
4 new routes from Malaga

Aarhus
Beauvais
Kaunas
Lanzarote

All begins November 2021

daz211
16th Jul 2021, 11:56
Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, (Ryanair’s) first B737 MAX 8-200 in full MALTA AIR colours arrived in DUB from over the pond on the 14/07/21. Flightradar24 has a pic when you search registration 9H-VUE, I’m really loving the tail graphics.

LandIT
16th Jul 2021, 11:57
I'm trying to make up my mind if passengers on Ryanair flights don't care or know what aircraft they are flying on, or they just don't care, because the price is right, right? No doubt about that. But I find it interesting now that the MAX is cleared again for commercial operations in Europe, that nobody flying Ryanair seems to worry that it had a significant safety issue. So either everyone accepts its been fixed or they just don't care. I wonder what the real reason is. Or is MOL just quoting very early experience with his new MAX-200 only a few weeks into service is it?

https://simpleflying.com/ryanair-no-737-max-avoidance/

harriewillem
16th Jul 2021, 13:38
Majority of the "normal" pax who have no aviation background / interest do not know what aircraft they flying on when they either book and fly. So no.. but besides Ryanair multiple airlines in and flying to Europe have taken the MAX back in service, TUI, NEOS, ENTER AIR, Corendon, Icelandair, Smartwings, Turkish, FlyDubai.

I am really looking forward to my first MAX flight or as Ryanir calls it now.. the 737-8200 (tel:737-8200) :)

CabinCrewe
16th Jul 2021, 14:33
Isnt that an official Boeing designator for that FR specified subtype?

3Greens
16th Jul 2021, 21:10
or maybe they trust the regulator has done due diligence and accepted that the issues are resolved? Unless you know better? Are you aware that almost every aircraft has had significant safety issues at some point in its history... off the top of my head, 787 battery, 737 rudder hard over, DC10 and the 320 didn’t get called the john Wayne jet for nothing..

EI-BUD
19th Jul 2021, 04:16
It would appear that Ryanair have not amended the seat maps on their booking engine for 737 MAX/ (-8200), i.e. they have the same map as 738, routes up to 33. Clearly it could be argued in current climate that they won't fill many of the flights (separate debate clearly).

Does anybody know exactly what flights are planned to be operated by this be plane. Easy to see after the event but if anybody knows, I'd be glad to hear. Thanks.

pamann
19th Jul 2021, 12:03
I thought they had an extra row of legroom seats due to the additional exits? Surely Ryanair being Ryanair would want to cash in on this?

Rowan89
19th Jul 2021, 22:10
Indeed.. I took a screenshot back in 2019 when the 737 MAX was loaded in the Ryanair system.

On the -8200 the following seats are extra legroom: 1B-C, 2A, 17A-F, 18A-F, 28B-E, 29A, 29F (21 seats)
On the -800 it's: 1A-C, 2D-F, 16A-F, 17A-F (18 seats)

CCFAIRPORT
21st Jul 2021, 11:57
4 new routes from Liverpool

Beauvais
Bergamo
Sibiu
Tallinn

All begins november 2021

DomyDom
21st Jul 2021, 18:54
11 new routes from Manchester

Bucharest
Kaunas
Knock
Paphos
Poznan
Salzburg
Santander
Santorini
Suceava
Verona
Zagreb

SealinkBF
22nd Jul 2021, 08:59
MME-CFU announced.

EDIT: apparently this was announced in April.

Flyboy543
22nd Jul 2021, 10:44
Lots of new routes being announced, but still no flights from EMA after December on sale (except the odd Dublin). Are they closing the base?

CCFAIRPORT
23rd Jul 2021, 08:40
new routes from Zagreb

All begins december 2021

Basel
Dublin
Eindhoven
Malaga
Malta
Manchester
Naples
Paphos
Thessaloniki

Alteagod
23rd Jul 2021, 09:30
I wonder will they stay at BHD over the winter or up sticks up the road to BFS.

Seljuk22
25th Jul 2021, 10:57
3rd based a/c at ZAG
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-opens-its-zagreb-base-launches-winter-21-schedule/?market=hr

Seljuk22
30th Jul 2021, 17:12
8th aircraft for MXP
https://corporate.ryanair.com/novita/ryanair-si-espande-a-malpensa/?market=it

5th aircraft for NAP
https://corporate.ryanair.com/novita/ryanair-si-espande-a-napoli/?market=it

davidjohnson6
4th Aug 2021, 16:02
Earlier this year, a Ryanair flight had some rather serious problems while flying over Belarus with 2 pax ending up in jail. Much of Europe (including the UK) has recommended against flying passengers over Belarus for the time being
I've just noticed a Ryanair UK flight from Kyiv to Stansted (RK3678, G-RUKB) seems to fly over a corner of Belarus today at approx 1150 GMT / UTC, based on FR24. I know it's not a major corner... but FR24 still shows flying over Belarus sovereign territory. Yes, I know FR24 sometimes interpolates a bit when there are gaps in coverage and it cannot be relied on 100%... but Europe should have good coverage. A 737 doesn't have the fine grained control of a fighter jet... and thus one would presumably want to leave a gap of a few miles from Belarus territory as some sort of "keep away from trouble" margin

Anyone have thoughts ?

BA318
4th Aug 2021, 16:54
The CAA “requested” that UK registered airliners avoid overflying Belarus. I don’t know how much weight that carries or what penalty could be applied. Anyway Ryanair should not be doing it and providing any support whatsoever to Belarus.

SWBKCB
5th Aug 2021, 09:58
Ryanair has said it will restore its second aircraft at Shannon Airport this winter to support six new routes.

The airline will operate 18 routes this winter from the airport, including new services to Birmingham, Budapest, Edinburgh, Fuerteventura, London Luton and Turin.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0805/1239146-ryanair-to-base-second-aircraft-at-shannon-airport/

CCFAIRPORT
5th Aug 2021, 10:59
New routes froim Lisbon
All begins between 31/10 and 02/11

Agadir
Alghero
Alicante
Barcelona
Bari
Billund
Birmingham
Bournemouth
Brest
Fez
Lanzarote
Madrid
Malta
Marrakesh
Oujda
Palermo
Perpignan
Tenerife-South
Tours
Wroclaw

HH6702
5th Aug 2021, 14:52
NCL - Newcastle

now a base with 2 aircraft from March 2022 with a total of 19 routes

davidjohnson6
19th Aug 2021, 13:50
When is summer 2022 likely to be substantially complete in being loaded for sale on the FR website, at least for dates up to maybe 30-June-2022 ? I'm aware that some of S22 seems to be on sale, but there are still some big gaps that I would expect to be filled by March. I don't want to get into the "when can I book a holiday to XXX" debate - I'm much more interested in analysing the network, and particularly seeing what routes are being dropped.
Yes, I know that Covid doesn't make things easy, and it's anyone's guess as to what travel will or won't be possible for next spring, but every airline is in the same position, and if tickets are not on sale, there's no revenue coming in

N707ZS
23rd Aug 2021, 07:25
I thought Mr O'Leary might have come up with a PCR price smasher by now as the test are what are holding back most people I know.

pabely
23rd Aug 2021, 12:00
More of an Easy or Virgin trick with a franchise, RYR don't tend to diversity in that way unless it is a revenue stream run by someone else.

OzzyOzBorn
23rd Aug 2021, 15:53
The particular problem facing a company such as Ryanair is that a significant proportion of their customers are in the short breaks market. Whilst the hassle and expense of unnecessary covid testing may be just about worth it to save a two week holiday, it probably isn't for a discretionary long weekend away. And certainly it isn't viable for those who would generally take several short breaks per year. It isn't just the money. If your full days in destination are (for example) Saturday and Sunday, imagine having to spend the Sunday searching for a covid testing clinic in a foreign city where you don't speak the language (if they actually open on a Sunday, that is). Do you go on holiday for that? Meanwhile, the threat of quarantine lingers too.

And whilst my cited example refers to leisure travel, short business trips are rendered equally impractical by these restrictions as well.

The government know what they're doing here: they're able to pretend that they have opened up overseas travel to the masses whilst in reality setting the bar so high that few can make use of the 'opportunity'. And I strongly suspect that alot of this is driven by anti-carbon climate zealots (pre COP-26) rather than those genuinely concerned about covid spread. They'll keep this going for as long as they can get away with it. Citizens of Continental European countries aren't being forced to endure this nonsense ... and the UK had a two month start on them in meaningfully vaccinating the populace.

We need to get together at an industry level and demand a complete end to unnecessary PCR testing for travel. We were told they were required to detect new variants sneaking into the country. Well, to achieve that, those returning positive results need to be sequenced. And we know that this is happening in only 5% of cases. Quite useless. So the lies of the politicians behind this are clearly exposed. The ONLY purpose of all those PCR tests is to put air travel well beyond the reach of most ordinary people. And the politicians seem quietly content for this situation to drag on indefinitely, with contemporary debate focusing on the cost of tests rather than the justification for requiring them at all.

I'm aware that MO'L has called out this hypocrisy in media interviews. I've noted similar representations from MAG and Jet2. We need more to join in now. A concerted industry-wide campaign. The time has come to agitate for these testing requirements to be scrapped, not marginally reduced in price. The airline industry owes UK politicians no loyalty or thanks. We owe them no courtesy. Remember Rishi's promised "tailor-made package of help for the airline industry" ... whatever did happen to that? And Labour are even worse than the Tories. Their kneejerk refrain at every opportunity has been to call for harsher restrictions and longer lockdowns. Libs and SNP likewise. I despair. Only a hardcore of backbench Conservatives have spoken with any sense on these matters. How have we let it come to this?

davidjohnson6
23rd Aug 2021, 20:38
Ozzy has a point... but may not be aware that there are ways to do weekend breaks from the UK. I am less worried about weekend breakers with Ryanair

The first thing is to get a pack of 7 antigen-self-tests from your local pharmacy for free. Test everyone in your group the night before you leave home to minimise the risk of surprises

Collinson (one of the more reputable testers) has on-site testing at multiple airports. At Luton airport, they open for business at 5am each day
One turns up at the airport 2 hours before one's flight, get an antigen test for about £35, PDF of results in your phone available 30 mins later... if all is good, then get on the aircraft. If one does a test in the UK with a recognised test clinic (eg Collinson) on Friday morning, the PDF produced covers you for a return to the UK until Monday evening without the risk of quarantine happening anywhere (unless you get a random on-arrival test in Greece) or having to look for a clinic while on holiday. Choose hotels which are refundable until midday on arrival day if you are particularly cautious

Of course there is the cost of the antigen and PCR tests - total about £100 per person... but those weekend breaks can be done while limiting the risk

From the UK, if double vaccinated, it's only really Benelux, Bulgaria, Hungary, Italy, Sweden and maybe Greece + Serbia that is out of bounds for weekend breaks... everywhere else is doable right now

Flightrider
23rd Aug 2021, 20:45
DJ6, I can't dispute or decry a word that you've written, but you're a braver soul than I. I suspect most of the average travelling public could do what you're suggesting but simply don't have the confidence to take the plunge and do so. I put myself firmly into that category - the desire to travel doesn't (yet) outweigh my perception of the likely hassle factor.

buzz_hornet
23rd Aug 2021, 22:17
Ryanair appear to have removed all Belfast International flights from sale after 30 October 2021. The airline is also expected to leave Belfast City on 12 September 2021 If true, it will mean no Ryanair flights in Northern Ireland

Alteagod
24th Aug 2021, 06:08
Have heard from well placed sources that BHD would not entertain his demands for terminal changes unless FR committed to winter flying program. Not sure how tru but maybe Mr Ambrose successor is a bit more hard nosed with FR.

Sober Lark
25th Aug 2021, 15:33
Recovery of passenger confidence to fly will take time so not unexpected.

4eyed anorak
26th Aug 2021, 07:38
Its all to do with what Ryanair believes are not enough airport/tax incentives.

VickersVicount
26th Aug 2021, 23:03
So what other UK regional airports are giving them big enough incentives? How long will NCL last ? Doesnt that just skew the market

mikkie4
27th Aug 2021, 01:41
About as long as SEN

SWBKCB
27th Aug 2021, 06:56
Slightly different business model. RYR are filling the gaps left by EZY and TCX at NCL.

southender
27th Aug 2021, 17:59
There was a mighty big gap to fill at SEN when easyJet left.

SWBKCB
27th Aug 2021, 18:06
Apples and Oranges - NCL has a wide range of scheduled operators, and had Jet2, TOM and RYR as well when EZY left. SEN had a small number of LCC's. SEN's business model was based on picking up the overspill when the other London airports reached capacity, NCL aims to serve the local region. Shall we get back to Ryanair?

Just a spotter
6th Sep 2021, 15:29
It would appear that for now, Ryanair and Boeing are not besties, as MOL has walked away from negotiations for 737 MAX 10's and is 'throwing shade' on the way out the door.

From The Irish Times, 6th Sept 2021

“However, Boeing have a more optimistic outlook on aircraft pricing than we do, and we have a disciplined track record of not paying high prices for aircraft,” [...]“We do not share Boeing’s optimistic pricing outlook, although this may explain why in recent weeks other large Boeing customers such as Delta and Jet2, have been placing new orders with Airbus, rather than Boeing,” he said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-talks-with-boeing-over-max-10-end-without-agreement-1.4666094

Curious Pax
6th Sep 2021, 18:05
By MOL’s standards that was a very polite, measured statement that smacks of an expectation of talking again within a few months!

True Blue
6th Sep 2021, 18:16
Does MOL have as much power as he thinks. There are really only 2 aircraft suppliers now. Fall out with one, the other has him over a barrel. Unless he wants to buy from China!

The96er
6th Sep 2021, 18:21
Or Russia perhaps !

EI-BUD
6th Sep 2021, 19:29
I completely agree with this. It might be the low cost way to have typically a common fleet but with the likes of MC-21 in Russia (which soon will be in service), and Comac in Russia which MOL has talked about before, I think it's only a matter of time until one of these types makes an appearance in Europe. Russia has lost his international business on the Sukhoi and have learned lessons. I wouldn't rule anything out.

Just a spotter
6th Sep 2021, 19:46
The MAX-10's, if ordered, seem to have been pencilled in for Lauda.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/103876-ryanair-seeks-12bn-in-eurobonds-looks-to-retire-a320s

Perhaps Airbus have retained that foot hold

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/97502-ryanair-mulls-a320neo-for-lauda-europeat-the-right-price

EI-BUD

Cityjet didn't have a happy time with their Russian choice, the SuperJet 100 didn't live up to expectations.

https://flyinginireland.com/2019/01/brussels-airlines-to-end-cityjet-sukhoi-operation/

OzzyOzBorn
6th Sep 2021, 22:08
The main problem with the SSJ-100 seemed to be the complete lack of engineering support and access to spare parts once the aircraft was operating outside the Russian sphere. Aircraft could be grounded for lengthy periods if a technical fault arose ... faults which could be rectified quickly on a Western type with abundant spares to hand. This seemed to be the main problem encountered by Interjet in Mexico; I understand that Cityjet had issues too. If Comac wish to make inroads into markets beyond Russia, they need to learn the lesson from Sukhoi's experience. There needs to be a supply line linking overseas fleets with ready access to spares and engineering support.

EI-BUD
12th Sep 2021, 06:14
Thanks Just A Spotter,
Completely, Cityjet's experiment with the Sukhoi failed sadly. However, this does not mean that the we won't see the MC21 appearing in Europe, if the Russian's want to make this new entity work they will need to get their support services into order. I wouldn't discount the new type.

On the Cityjet topic the main driver for the withdrawal of the type was the experience that Brussels Airlines had with the type and their subsequent rejection of the aircraft.

Curious Pax
12th Sep 2021, 09:22
Interesting that 3 of Ryanair’s 737s being prepared at Boeing have been changed from EI- registrations to 9H- despite being in full Ryanair livery. All other 9H- models have been in Malta Air livery, and the SP- models that have started being delivered are in Buzz colours. What can it all mean?

Noxegon
12th Sep 2021, 12:17
I've flown on a Ryanair-liveried jet with a Maltese registration before.

Curious Pax
12th Sep 2021, 13:59
You’re quite right, a load of the -800s were moved to 9H-. What surprised me was that these new ones are in the same 9H-VU* series as the Malta Air-liveried ones

Welshtraveller
13th Sep 2021, 16:38
Is Ryanair flying from Bristol to Wroclaw next summer? If so, when are the flights usually released? The schedule ends in late March. Thanks.

MARKEYD
13th Sep 2021, 21:45
Would suggest you keep an eye out on the website like everyone else , no one really knows till FR release their schedule

tictack67
14th Sep 2021, 07:07
Or until the wheels leave the ground

Just a spotter
15th Sep 2021, 08:22
From The Irish Times, 14th Sept 2021

Ryanair has invested €50 million in a new aviation training centre in Dublin. The airline said it intends to use the centre to train more than 5,000 new pilots, cabin crew, engineers and ground operations staff across Europe over the next five years.

The new centre […] contains three full-motion simulators – one 737 MAX and two Airbus A320 – together with two fixed-base simulators for the Boeing 737 and Airbus A320. […] Ryanair said the Airbus simulators at the new training centre would be used for staff at its Lauda Air subsidiary.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-invests-50m-in-new-dublin-training-centre-1.4673846

The Airbus commitment seems at odds with previous statements about phasing out the A320 in Lauda and switching the fleet to 737 MAX.

HH6702
15th Sep 2021, 11:28
maybe he walked away from Boeing last week as he is about to get a deal with Airbus

MerchantVenturer
16th Sep 2021, 19:30
Welshtraveller

Wroclaw now appears in the Ryanair booking engine from Bristol for summer 2022 but only until mid-June. That is also the situation with the other Ryanair Polish routes from BRS. Random checks from other UK airports to Poland show a similar situation at some of them.

chaps1954
17th Sep 2021, 08:42
Maybe a work in progress

davidjohnson6
5th Oct 2021, 10:34
In spring 2020, Ryanair was due to start some routes from Armenia
Wizz are starting Yerevan routes in Dec 2021.
Transavia have just announced a Yerevan route
AirArabia / FlyArna are planning to open a Yerevan base

I'm wondering if we might see Ryanair revive their Armenia plans soon. With Turkey and Azerbaijan as neighbours (and relations not exactly friendly !), air travel becomes rather more important than in other countries.

CW247
5th Oct 2021, 16:17
Hi all. A strange one. A couple of days ago, I stepped off a Ryan Air flight with a heavy headache. It persisted for 36 hours. Unheard of for me. I'm flight crew myself. The next morning, one of my finger nails turned blue. I noticed on a previous flight too, around a month ago, the cabin air quality on FR flights is bad. The last flight had very poor flow from the vents. Is there anything they have done recentlywith regards to packs or filters that might be responsible for what I experienced? I'm a reasonably fit and healthy guy. Passed a medical past month!

CCFAIRPORT
6th Oct 2021, 10:14
NEW BASE : VENICE
18 new routes

cagliari
comiso
cork
crotone
gdansk
helsinki
katowice
lisbon
madrid
marseille
menorca
nuremberg
odessa
santander
stockholm arlanda
toulouse
trapani
vienna

all begins march 2022

Seljuk22
6th Oct 2021, 16:59
CCFAIRPORT

Wizz announced the same today.

Nil by mouth
13th Oct 2021, 17:03
Not sure if this is newsworthy or not?
https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/10/13/ryanair-flight-to-lanzarote-forced-to-land-after-being-hit-by-bird-strike/

armagnac2010
13th Oct 2021, 17:07
No it's not, unless you are a direct relative of the poor bird. Even if being 'hit by bird strike' is a remarkable achievement....

eu01
18th Oct 2021, 05:28
Is there any significant dispute between Ryanair and Corfu airport right now? Came to my mind as the connections to CFU in the next Summer schedule are only a small fraction of what it used to be...

candj
18th Oct 2021, 09:27
Hi,Anyone have any news on Rynair out of Eastmidlands for next summer. Trying to book but nothing available, all other Rynair airport appear to be now on sale. Eastmidlands and Ryanair suits what I need, don’t want to have to book Birmingham and then find out Eastmidlands will be available after all.Thanks.

CCFAIRPORT
18th Oct 2021, 10:39
3 new routes cancelled this winter due to lake of slots

Lisbon-Bari
Lisbon-Oujda
Lisbon-Tours

EGNXROB
18th Oct 2021, 19:55
The airport said they was in talks over a new contract and was positive a new deal will be reached and had already overcome some issues so you’d like to think a announcement will be made soon

EI-BUD
18th Oct 2021, 23:07
My guess is in relation to EMA there is a wider piece to this in terms of MAG. Give us the deal we want and we'll continue EMA, or don't and we'll do a huge deal with BHX for the EMA aircraft etc etc. Given that STN is in the mix, there likely is a wider dimension.

Ryanair have never been in a stronger negotiating position than they are now.

ATNotts
19th Oct 2021, 08:07
Well in the world of media spin you would hardly expect the airport to come out with something along the lines of "we are in tough negotiations with the airline, and be sure that we're more than willing to walk away if they are not prepared to pay a reasonable price to operate from here". To do so would ensure prospective passengers would give up waiting and book via another carrier, or from another airport.

inOban
19th Oct 2021, 08:15
On the other hand MAG may have decided that the airport is nicely viable with AYR cargo services and seasonal passenger flights are not worth the hassle. If airlines want to pay realistic fees, then they're welcome. Remember that there will only be modest income from catering and other franchises.

ATNotts
19th Oct 2021, 08:48
I am in no way party to the P+L accounts of EMA as part of MAG, but I reckon your analysis is spot on. It's not to say EMA doesn't want to keep Ryanair, but given the diverse nature of the airport's business model, which is almost unique in UK, they probably fell they are in a much stronger position than almost all other regional airports as the UK exists the Covid driven retrenchment of the last 18 months / 2 years. Ryanair probably aren't familiar with a situation where they are negotiating with equals, and probably don't like it.

Curious Pax
19th Oct 2021, 09:01
Don’t forget MAG went through a similar loop with Ryanair at Manchester a few years ago. O’Leary took his toys away for a while, but have come back and then some.

davidjohnson6
19th Oct 2021, 09:32
It should be remembered that Manchester is the dominant city in north west England. I don't believe EMA is the main airport for the dominant city in the midlands

If BHX can do a good-enough deal with FR, it may well be in Ryanair's long term interest to shift their flying slightly more in Birmingham's favour

ATNotts
19th Oct 2021, 09:39
Whether it would be in the best interests of BHX may be altogether another question!

hec7or
19th Oct 2021, 10:12
I would imagine Ryanair may be welcomed by BHX because of the loss of Flybe, Monarch and TCX.

pabely
19th Oct 2021, 11:18
Not sure Jet2, Easyjet or TUI would agree!

DomyDom
19th Oct 2021, 18:14
3 new twice weekly routes for Manchester:
Lviv, Ukraine
Warsaw Modlin
Wroclaw

Sioltach Dubh Glas
19th Oct 2021, 19:26
Warsaw Modlin and Wroclaw are already served, but might be new for the winter.

EGNXROB
20th Oct 2021, 21:30
East Midlands flights now on sale up until end of March.

EMACargo
21st Oct 2021, 16:32
Dont think they are anymore

davidjohnson6
1st Nov 2021, 21:22
Does Ryanair still adhere (largely) to a no-overbooking rule, or has thought been given to maybe doing it to a modest and non-trivial degree ? The only case I know of was max 6 pax in the morning on STN-DUB pre Covid when there were maybe 9 flights per day

I'm aware Easyjet has definitely and deliberately overbooked in the past and I got on a flight on more than 1 occasion only because of checked in pax not showing up at the gate. I've been on an overbooked Wizz flight once, but not sure if that was deliberate or just accident

I ask particularly because Covid has presumably led to a higher level of noshows because of pax getting last minute nerves about high levels of cases when travelling away from home

Note - I'm not looking for a discussion about whether overbooking should be legal or not - that topic has been discussed endlessly on the web already

EMACargo
2nd Nov 2021, 03:22
Are there no based flights from Ryanair out of EMA today (Tuesday)
Is the base closing?

LTNman
2nd Nov 2021, 05:40
Ryanair make more threats than the French and like the French it is always someone else’s fault.

EGNXROB
2nd Nov 2021, 07:23
A majority of winter ops for Ryanair out of East Midlands mid week are operated by non based A/C.
All S22 flights out of East Midlands are now available up until end of October 22.

CCFAIRPORT
11th Nov 2021, 06:00
New Routes FROM STOCKHOLM/ARLANDA

Skelleftea (03/12/2021)

All others begins March 2022

Béziers
Brindisi
Chania
Corfu
Lulea
Palma de M.
Poznan
Fiumicino
Venice
Visby
Wroclaw
Zadar

New destination : Orebro (Sweden)

London/STN to Orebro
Begins 28 March 2022
2pw

3 new routes from Turin

Agadir
Billund
Zadar

All begins March 2022

6 New routes from Billund

Bari
Ibiza
Madrid
Porto
Trapani
Turin

All Begins March 2022

3 new routes from London/LTN

Burgas
Catania
Lublin

All begins March/April 2022

New destination and new base : Funchal
10 New routes

Beauvais
Bergamo
Charleroi
Dublin
Lisbon
London/STN
Manchester
Marseille
Nuremberg
Porto

Liverpool-Charleroi (begins 27 March 2022)
Menorca-Charleroi (begins 29 March 2022)

Zadar to Birmingham
Zadar to Bournemouth
Zadar to Liverpool
Zadar to Nuremberg

All begins march 2022

Memmingen-Santiago/SCQ (begins 27 March 2022)
Palma-Cagliari
Palma-Poznan
Palma-Sofia
Shannon-Malta

3 new routes from Helsinki

Alicante
Girona
Venice

All begins March 2022

3 new routes from Charleroi

Brive
Catania
Kaunas

All begins March 2022

I think that Brive and Kaunas were, in the past, in the network for Charleroi

Marrakesh to Gran Canaria
Begins March 2022

French new routes for S22

Béziers - Stockholm
Bordeaux - Malta
Bordeaux - Zadar
Bergerac - Bournemouth
Beauvais - Funchal
Brive - Charleroi
Figari - rome FCO
Marseille - Venice VCE
Marseille - Funchal
Limoges - Marrakesh
Toulouse - Venice VCE

New routes from FIUMICINO for S22
Cuneo
Figari
Gran Canaria
Kefalonia
Menorca
Preveza
Stockholm Arng
Tangier

Warsaw/WMI to Trapani
2pw
Begins 27 March 2022

Poznan to Chania
2 pw
Begins 02 June 2022

FRatSTN
23rd Nov 2021, 20:42
Also STN to Funchal, Maastricht, Menorca and Vaxjo.

MANFAN
24th Nov 2021, 19:34
Ryanair banging out the winter 2021/22 and summer 22 schedules, great news!
But they also seem to be changing the timings of their schedules.
In the past 2 weeks I’ve had 5 flights re-scheduled, for travel in December and January. 2 of them moved by 24hrs later than originally scheduled.

Little flexibility as usual, can only get the free flight change fee until end of this year for the December flights. Or for the January flight, it’s one day before or after to change.
Waiting for 30 mins via the live chat on Ryanair website so temporarily given up for now…

Sober Lark
30th Nov 2021, 19:16
New COVID tests prior to arrival In Ireland is spectacular political arse licking to the UK common travel area. We’ll be injecting ourselves with top up vaccines on a daily basis soon if no one stops to question the sanity of our leaders. Some here in ROI follow it hook line and sinker. I’m a SLF and just want to get on with my life, travel and those who get me to where I want to go need security of employment. I’m just fed up with all this crap and I’m going to fly. life’s too short to let others control it.

davidjohnson6
30th Nov 2021, 19:20
Press conference in Brindisi tomorrow for S22
https://italiavola.com/2021/11/29/ryanair-domani-presenta-lestate-2022-in-puglia/

RW20
30th Nov 2021, 19:43
Sober Lark

​​​​​​wow ! Thank God your in the minority,because if we were all like you there would be so many cases of covid and everything would be at a standstill !

Sober Lark
30th Nov 2021, 21:21
RW20, The vast majority of my annual air travel is on Ryanair. WHO believes that travel restrictions are ineffective in most situations and that domestic measures to contain outbreaks (such as testing, isolating the sick and contract tracing or social distancing) are far more important. I'm triple vaccinated as of today and the leaflet I was handed prior to vaccination stated ' We have less information on the safety of the booster dose of COVID-19 Vaccine'. It's a risk I'm prepared to take for the common good, but today the Irish Gov (as in the UK) have stated I must get a professional PCR or Antigen test 72 hours before travel. All that proves is at the point the test was taken I was negative. So what happens in the 71 hours after that, I can go anywhere, do anything and just show them I was (past tense) negative. Its a farce. We have to learn to live with it and get on with our lives. The financial impact to the aviation industry has been huge and the opening of the skies has taken another blow. Before vaccine was available PCR was a requirement. Now I'm fully vaccinated PCR has become a requirement (you're effectively rewarding those who didn't take the risk of vaccination) and uncertainty has to be factored into my travel costs. Sure the aviation industry will have risk management in place that is creating opportunity, but don't deny me and others like me of my evolving needs for air travel by adding unnecessary blocks and costs to travel.

snowman1
1st Dec 2021, 10:03
sober lark
you are supposed to isolate for the 71 hours before flying.

misteredin2
1st Dec 2021, 13:23
Greetings.

I had my assessment with Ryanair first week of April and, to my disappointment (or luck, maybe fate is trying to tell me something here) I was unsuccessful.
My understanding is that after 6 months from the assessment we are entitled to apply again, but so far I haven’t been able to apply via the career page and any email I was in contact with doesn’t reply anymore. I also tried contacting them on Linkedin, with no luck.
Is anybody in my same position?

CCFAIRPORT
1st Dec 2021, 16:52
davidjohnson6

2 new routes

Perugia
Stockholm (already announced)

fanrailuk
15th Dec 2021, 09:19
Ryanair Adds 6,000 Extra Seats For Six Nations 2022 (https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-adds-6000-extra-seats-for-six-nations-2022/?market=en)

ATNotts
15th Dec 2021, 10:14
Ryanair Adds 6,000 Extra Seats For Six Nations 2022 (https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-adds-6000-extra-seats-for-six-nations-2022/?market=en)

I see the times on the press release are in a.m/p/m 12 hour clock format. Are we to assume Ryanair believe rugby fans are a reactionary lot that don't like or understand the 24 hour clock system??:ouch:

DomyDom
15th Dec 2021, 11:51
1 new route:
Manchester - Genoa twice weekly (Wed/Sun)
https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/ryanair-adds-manchester-genoa-route-for-2022

CCFAIRPORT
8th Jan 2022, 10:56
https://www.journal-aviation.com/actualites/ryanair-ferme-sa-base-a-francfort-main~54434.html

ryanair will close Frankfurt base at the end of March 2022
sorry , the article is in french

Seljuk22
10th Jan 2022, 17:03
2 B737 MAX are now based at BVA replacing B737-800.

davidjohnson6
10th Jan 2022, 17:56
Anyone know why Ryanair continue to sell flights from Kherson in southern Ukraine to Krakow and Vienna, with a start date of 01-February-2022 ?
Apart from the risk of bullets flying due to Russian troops in neighbourging Crimea invading Ukraine.... there has been major building works at Kherson's airport during the autumn and the Ukrainian press indicates the airport is not ready to accept 150-seat aircraft before March - all the other airlines who intend to fly to Kherson have set a start date of 27-March-2022

MANFAN
11th Jan 2022, 21:32
Can someone please explain to me how Ryanair can advertise their cheap flights on TV and place a “zero flight change” fee on the screen when they continue to charge £45 per flight?!

I was able to change some flights last month to 2 days prior to my initial departure & arrival with no fee, however, when trying the same thing now I encounter a £90 fee!!

lfc84
11th Jan 2022, 22:10
Can someone please explain to me how Ryanair can advertise their cheap flights on TV and place a “zero flight change” fee on the screen when they continue to charge £45 per flight?!

I was able to change some flights last month to 2 days prior to my initial departure & arrival with no fee, however, when trying the same thing now I encounter a £90 fee!!
you have failed to read the terms

https://www.ryanair.com/us/en/useful-info/book-with-confidence

CCFAIRPORT
20th Jan 2022, 10:23
New flights from Kiev:

Brussels (Charleroi): from March 27, 4 times a week
Corfu (Kerkyra): from June 7, once a week
Stockholm (Arlandia): from March 29, 2 times a week.

New flights from Lviv:

Barcelona: from March 27, 2 times a week
Brussels (Charleroi): from March 27, 2 times a week
Gdansk: from March 27, 3 times a week
Nuremberg: from March 30, 2 times a week
Stockholm (Arlanda): from March 27, 2 times a week
Zagreb: from March 27, 2 times a week.

New flights from Odessa:

Brussels (Charleroi): from March 27, 2 times a week
London (Stansted): from March 27, 2 times a week
Venice (Marco Polo): from March 27, 2 times a week.

New flights from Kherson:

Warsaw (Modlin): from March 28, 2 times a week.

Dublin-Nimes 29/03/2022 2pw

CCFAIRPORT
20th Jan 2022, 15:44
New routes from Hahn (maybe due to closure of Fra base)

Alicante
Barcelona
Bergamo
Catania
Corfu
Dublin
Faro
London/STN
Zadar

All begins between March and June 2022

Seljuk22
23rd Jan 2022, 07:26
Not 'maybe' it is due to FRA closure. Flights have some flight numbers as currently used from FRA.

Possible closure of Moroccan flights
Exclusif: la compagnie aérienne Ryanair se retire définitivement du Maroc ? Maghreb Intelligence (http://www.maghreb-intelligence.com/ryanair/)

33rd aircraft for Dublin
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-announces-largest-ever-dublin-schedule/?market=ie

Sevilla will be reduced to 4 aircraft next summer and routes to BRS, BUD and FKB will be cancelled.

There might be more reductions for Spain and Germany on the cards
https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/ryanair-expects-higher-europe-fares-sector-this-summer-2022-01-20/
He said however that he expected fewer aircraft to be based in Spain and significantly fewer in Germany due to airport costs.

CCFAIRPORT
27th Jan 2022, 14:11
https://www.letelegramme.fr/finistere/brest/la-compagnie-aerienne-ryanair-quittera-brest-le-5-fevrier-27-01-2022-12912401.php

ryanair will cut all routes from brest from Feb 5th 2022
Lisbon
Marseille
Porto

Seljuk22
6th Feb 2022, 07:35
Cagliari to get a 3rd aircraft
https://corporate.ryanair.com/novita/ryanair-annuncia-loperativo-estivo-piu-grande-di-sempre-su-cagliari-con-un-aeromobile-aggiuntivo-basato-investimento-di-100m/?market=it

davidjohnson6
7th Feb 2022, 16:30
FR seem to have removed seat availability on all routes to/from Kharkiv and Kherson in Ukraine for the entirety of 2022. Seats may of course be released again at a later date

davidjohnson6
24th Feb 2022, 22:49
In mid-January, Ryanair was planning to operate a lot of flights between Ukraine and the rest of Europe in the summer 2022 season. It seems likely that demand for these flights is going to be very different to original expectations
For an airline with significant previous activities to/from Ukraine, FR is fortunate that their aircraft are not stuck somewhere with closed airspace or at (current) significant risk of being collateral damage of the fighting

Roughly how many aircraft (or equivalent usage) were earmarked on routes which touched Ukraine for S22 ?
What should the network planning team at FR do with these previously earmarked aircraft now ?
Hold out and hope that Ukraine flight demand returns to some semblance of normality by May ? Throw lots more capacity at routes between northern Europe and Spain/Greece ? Something else ?

LTNman
24th Feb 2022, 23:34
Ukraine will be under the control of Russia that will change everything. I can’t see Ryanair coming back anytime soon.

LGS6753
25th Feb 2022, 10:12
Ukraine will be under the control of Russia that will change everything. I can’t see Ryanair coming back anytime soon.
Agreed. What's more, some sectors will lengthen as Ukrainian airspace remains closed.

davidjohnson6
25th Feb 2022, 12:58
So FR will be adding lots more capacity to the metaphorical Frankfurt Hahn - Palma de Mallorca route then ?

Seljuk22
8th Mar 2022, 18:32
LIS base will be reduced by 3 aircraft to 4
https://corporate.ryanair.com/novidades/ryanair-forcada-a-cancelar-19-rotas-em-lisboa-para-o-verao-2022-devido-ao-bloqueio-de-slots-que-a-tap-nao-pode-utilizar/?market=pt

CCFAIRPORT
9th Mar 2022, 08:49
LIS base will be reduced by 3 aircraft to 4
https://corporate.ryanair.com/novidades/ryanair-forcada-a-cancelar-19-rotas-em-lisboa-para-o-verao-2022-devido-ao-bloqueio-de-slots-que-a-tap-nao-pode-utilizar/?market=pt

routes affected are :

Perpignan
Poitiers
Agadir
Oujda
Alicante
Lanzarote
Madrid
Zaragoza
Tenerife South
Alghero
Bari
Palermo
Birmingham
Bournemouth
Karlsruhe-Baden
Memmingen
Billund
Wroclaw
Malta

CCFAIRPORT
10th Mar 2022, 14:19
Marseille to get a 5th A/C
10 New routes
Berlin
East-Midlands
Lanzarote
La rochelle
Luxembourg
Madère
Santiago de Compostela
Shannon
Tenerife Sud
Venice

https://corporate.ryanair.com/nouvelles/ryanair-devoile-son-programme-record-a-marseille/

CCFAIRPORT
10th Mar 2022, 14:23
Turin-Wroclaw
2pw
Begins May 2nd 2022

Lamezia-Memmingen
Begins May 2022

MANFAN
10th Mar 2022, 15:52
Are Ryanair juggling the schedules post October? I can’t book anything after Oct 22 it’s all blanked out in the app and on the website (at least from Manchester and Liverpool)??

Dorking
10th Mar 2022, 17:09
Are Ryanair juggling the schedules post October? I can’t book anything after Oct 22 it’s all blanked out in the app and on the website (at least from Manchester and Liverpool)??

If it helps I`ve seen a quote from them, today, via Social Media that the winter Schedules are under review, at present and they suggest people keep checking the website for further details..I`ve got a flight booked in late November and so far havent heard of any change to it.

MANFAN
10th Mar 2022, 17:26
If it helps I`ve seen a quote from them, today, via Social Media that the winter Schedules are under review, at present and they suggest people keep checking the website for further details..I`ve got a flight booked in late November and so far havent heard of any change to it.

Thanks for the info. Where did you see this quote? I can’t find it on Facebook, twitter or Instagram…?

Thanks again

Dorking
10th Mar 2022, 18:22
Thanks for the info. Where did you see this quote? I can’t find it on Facebook, twitter or Instagram…?

Thanks again

It was on Facebook, but was in a thread that was in the middle of somebody having a whinge..I only found it by accident.

DomyDom
10th Mar 2022, 19:15
Manchester - Pescara × 2/weekly (Wed & Sun) for Summer 2022.

CCFAIRPORT
11th Mar 2022, 10:00
New routes

Bergerac-Porto (27/03/2022)
Gdansk-Lublin (2pw - 02/05/2022)
Gdansk-Vilnius (3pw - 03/05/2022)
Poitiers-Barcelona (2pw - 27/03/2022)
Perpignan-Valencia (2pw - 30/03/2022)
Alghero-Budapest (2pw - 29/03/2022)
Krakow-Berlin (3pw - 02/05/2022)
Szcezcin-Warsaw Modlin (5pw - 01/05/2022)
Kaunas-Warsaw Modlin (2pw - 02/05/2022)

MANFAN
11th Mar 2022, 12:07
Still not able to book flights post October on the app or website.
I assumed it was just a short temporary thing whilst schedules were updated, particularly as their relocating the Ukrainian aircraft to other places and routes around Europe…

Dorking
11th Mar 2022, 13:19
Still not able to book flights post October on the app or website.
I assumed it was just a short temporary thing whilst schedules were updated, particularly as their relocating the Ukrainian aircraft to other places and routes around Europe…

Yes it is strange, I wonder if they are looking at greater Canary Islands etc routings. I think Ukraine will be a no go for quite some time..I have a return booked with them for November but nothing from them so far..No news is good news.

MANFAN
11th Mar 2022, 13:29
I was about to book Spain (Malaga) with them about 2 days ago, went off the app for 5 mins and came back to find everything is blanked out after October…a little bit of comms would be nice!

CCFAIRPORT
12th Mar 2022, 10:56
5 new routes in Spain for S22

Madrid-Faro
Poitiers-Barcelona
Valencia-Perpignan
Castellon-Charleroi
Girona-roma FCO

https://corporate.ryanair.com/spanish/ryanair-anuncia-5-nuevas-rutas-de-verano-2022-en-espana/?market=es

CCFAIRPORT
12th Mar 2022, 10:59
New italian routes

Alghero- Budapest
Brindisi- Zagreb
Pescara- Manchester
Pescara- Memmingen
Fiumicino-Barcellona (Girona)
Roma Fiumicino-Toulouse
Pisa – Memmingen
Palermo – Karlsruhe Baden Baden
Venezia – Copenaghen

https://corporate.ryanair.com/novita/ryanair-lancia-nuove-rotte-dallitalia-per-lestate/?market=it

CCFAIRPORT
12th Mar 2022, 11:01
new german routes

Köln – Stockholm Arlanda
Berlin – Krakow
Memmingen – Pisa
Nürnberg – Lamezia
Memmingen – Abruzzen
Baden-Baden – Palermo
Köln – Biarritz
Nürnberg – Ponta Delgada

https://corporate.ryanair.com/nachrichten/ryanair-kundigt-fur-den-sommer-2022-8-neue-strecken-ab-deutschland-an/?market=de

Dorking
14th Mar 2022, 11:02
I note Ryanair`s booking system for after October is still down and has been for getting on for a week..Most unlike them to miss out on advance bookings throughout their network. I wonder what`s going on....or more to the point when is it going to return?

davidjohnson6
21st Mar 2022, 17:25
Oradea airport in Romania will be closed for the first 2 weeks of May. Is Ryanair planning on diverting to Cluj (or possibly even Timisoara), or is there some other plan ?
https://boardingpass.ro/traficul-aerian-de-la-oradea-va-fi-suspendat-in-perioada-2-15-mai-2022/

MANFAN
25th Mar 2022, 09:38
Ryanair app and website were down for most of the day yesterday due to maintenance, but longer than expected. Eventually when I managed to get onto the app and book a flight (although at a very slow pace), I never received booking confirmation via e mail…maybe related to the maintenance on the system previously…? Anyone experienced the same?
I never receive a response from them via twitter so I don’t usually bother contacting them anymore.

CCFAIRPORT
25th Mar 2022, 11:51
ryanair removed almost all flights to Ukraine
Only 4 routes remain
Kyiv to
Barcelona
Bergamo
rome FCO
Vienna

Dorking
25th Mar 2022, 11:51
Ryanair app and website were down for most of the day yesterday due to maintenance, but longer than expected. Eventually when I managed to get onto the app and book a flight (although at a very slow pace), I never received booking confirmation via e mail…maybe related to the maintenance on the system previously…? Anyone experienced the same?
I never receive a response from them via twitter so I don’t usually bother contacting them anymore.

No neither did I a while back, which puzzled me...They had sent it to my Ryanair account and that was it..Their IT system has been up and down for quite a while now, I suspect some serious problems

SealinkBF
1st Jun 2022, 10:36
Is there a reason Ryanair doesn't seem to be suffering the same level of cancellations as Vueling, BA, easyJet and TUI?

vectisman
1st Jun 2022, 10:44
Is there a reason Ryanair doesn't seem to be suffering the same level of cancellations as Vueling, BA, easyJet and TUI?
Partly because Ryanair is an Irish airline and therefore not affected by the Brexit shambles!
It can also recruit staff from across all EU countries.

FRatSTN
1st Jun 2022, 10:55
And more so because Ryanair maintained more of it's flying schedule throughout Covid and kept more of their aircraft and crew active on training/circuit flights. In the height of the pandemic there were as many as 20 or 30 of these a day at Stansted.

BA318
1st Jun 2022, 11:00
Partly because Ryanair is an Irish airline and therefore not affected by the Brexit shambles!
It can also recruit staff from across all EU countries.

Easyjet also has an EU arm and it’s still suffering, as is TUI. The airport mess is also ongoing in Dublin, Amsterdam and Stockholm where they can all recruit as many EU nationals as they want.

Ryanair didn’t reduce their services as much during the pandemic so I assume they still had more staff and they planned ahead. From the start they said they would be operating most flights and have had record months this year (beating equivalent pre-pandemic months) so they can clearly handle their increased demand.

vectisman
1st Jun 2022, 11:08
Yes but I am talking about the operations in the UK. Brexit has had an impact. Those in denial can continue to believe otherwise.

SWBKCB
1st Jun 2022, 11:27
Interesting question - I was thinking the same myself. All the responses are about crew availability, but the individual airport/airline threads reference lack of handling agent staff.

BA318
1st Jun 2022, 11:29
Yes but I am talking about the operations in the UK. Brexit has had an impact. Those in denial can continue to believe otherwise.

Its not a denial but there is nothing to stop Easyjet operating in the same manner as Ryanair with most of its UK ops.

And my point was to highlight that being able to recruit EU nationals is not the be all and end all of it as you can see plenty of operations in the EU are suffering the same meltdowns.

BA318
1st Jun 2022, 11:30
Interesting question - I was thinking the same myself. All the responses are about crew availability, but the individual airport/airline threads reference lack of handling agent staff.

Doesn’t Ryanair have their own handling agents? Blue Handling or something like that at least at STN which probably helps with the flexibility to keep the hub going and tidy up delays when they come in. I think they are also quick to change planes when there are issues.

SWBKCB
1st Jun 2022, 11:43
Doesn’t Ryanair have their own handling agents? Blue Handling or something like that at least at STN which probably helps with the flexibility to keep the hub going and tidy up delays when they come in.

So how have they avoided the staffing issues of other handling agents - paying more(!), didn't lay as many off, recruited earlier?

BA318
1st Jun 2022, 12:02
So how have they avoided the staffing issues of other handling agents - paying more(!), didn't lay as many off, recruited earlier?

As they kept flights going during the pandemic I assume they didn’t lay off as many people and probably quicker to rehire.

davidjohnson6
5th Jun 2022, 16:50
If anyone from FR is reading this.... please remember that Afrikaans was the language of white apartheid in South Africa and making South Africans answer in this language is not going to end well...
https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/05/ryanair-forcing-south-africans-to-do-afrikaans-tests-16769245/

DC3 Dave
5th Jun 2022, 17:04
If anyone from FR is reading this.... please remember that Afrikaans was the language of white apartheid in South Africa and making South Africans answer in this language is not going to end well...
https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/05/ryanair-forcing-south-africans-to-do-afrikaans-tests-16769245/

dit is bonkers...

Albert Hall
5th Jun 2022, 17:41
Good grief. You can't do things like that - that's appalling.

SWBKCB
5th Jun 2022, 18:04
This is the sort of thing that happens when you get commercial operations to try and implement your immigration policy

lfc84
5th Jun 2022, 20:12
This is the sort of thing that happens when you get commercial operations to try and implement your immigration policy
Bollocks. No other airline is doing it.
It's just them being ***** making it up as they go along

SWBKCB
5th Jun 2022, 20:18
Bollocks. No other airline is doing it.
It's just them being ***** making it up as they go along

That's what I mean - the govt has imposed a responsibility on airlines to "ensure that passengers are correctly documented for travel to their destination." and this is how RYR have chosen to do it.

eko4me
9th Jun 2022, 10:47
Can anyone post a real example of this test so one can see how much knowledge of Afrikaans is being tested?

davidjohnson6
9th Jun 2022, 10:50
Can anyone post a real example of this test so one can see how much knowledge of Afrikaans is being tested?
https://www.news24.com/citypress/news/afrikaans-language-board-slams-ryanair-test-20220605
Screenshots of test can be found in articles referenced by the links

eko4me
9th Jun 2022, 11:06
Yep, I would struggle with that if I hadn't seen the answers.

CCFAIRPORT
10th Jun 2022, 09:32
New FR destination : TUZLA
2 NEW ROUTES
Memmingen (04/11/2022)
Stockholm ARN (02/11/2022)

Kiltrash
10th Jun 2022, 17:07
I have just checked in on Ryanair from a UK Airport to Milan. They want a printed copy of the Covid Status. I thought this requirement had finished...

davidjohnson6
10th Jun 2022, 17:37
I have just checked in on Ryanair from a UK Airport to Milan. They want a printed copy of the Covid Status. I thought this requirement had finished...
Is it a human being asking for Covid status, or just the website ? Websites are not always updated immediately to reflect the latest version of rules. If it's a human being, refer them to this:
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements
https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=english&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto&tab=4
https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/returningtoitaly.html

CCFAIRPORT
23rd Jun 2022, 09:39
New Fr destination : Asturias

5 new routes

Charleroi
Dublin
rome / FCO
Stansted
Weeze

All begins november 2022

howard h
28th Jun 2022, 08:23
I'm booking a flight MAN>IBZ and when it came to select my seat, which is usually 1A if I'm quick enough, I noticed it wasn't shown on the seating plan. 1B and C were, so I took 1B. Also 2 DEF were missing. There wasn't an "X" showing that it had already been booked, the seats were simply absent. Is there a reason for this, and will they possibly be available later to book? Thanks!

mbga8mjb
28th Jun 2022, 10:26
I'm booking a flight MAN>IBZ and when it came to select my seat, which is usually 1A if I'm quick enough, I noticed it wasn't shown on the seating plan. 1B and C were, so I took 1B. Also 2 DEF were missing. There wasn't an "X" showing that it had already been booked, the seats were simply absent. Is there a reason for this, and will they possibly be available later to book? Thanks!

I think that is because you must be on the Ryanair 737-8200 (Max) not the regular 737-800 (NG). Row 1 is just 1B and 1C

howard h
28th Jun 2022, 14:08
I think that is because you must be on the Ryanair 737-8200 (Max) not the regular 737-800 (NG). Row 1 is just 1B and 1C
Thanks, that would explain it! Hope if they change the aircraft they offer pax the option to change seats.

davidjohnson6
16th Jul 2022, 01:49
Rumour of a return to Forli in Italy
https://italiavola.com/2022/07/15/ryanair-volera-a-breve-da-forli-il-carlino-scrive-fino-a-ieri-era-una-voce/

CCFAIRPORT
23rd Jul 2022, 12:06
Rumour of a return to Forli in Italy
https://italiavola.com/2022/07/15/ryanair-volera-a-breve-da-forli-il-carlino-scrive-fino-a-ieri-era-una-voce/

2 new routes from Bologne-Forli

Katowice (4pw) begins 1st September
Palermo (4pw) begins 3rd September

sergy2k
23rd Jul 2022, 15:10
2 new routes from Bologne-Forli

Katowice (4pw) begins 1st September
Palermo (4pw) begins 3rd September

Hmm, that would suggest they're pulling out of Rimini (again) given they already fly to Palermo from there and it's only around 30-40 minutes drive between Rimini and Forli

pabely
27th Jul 2022, 14:01
So Ryanair are extending the leaes on most of their ex Lauda Airbuses for another 4 years, Boeing not playing ball on the price they want to pay for more Max's?

davidjohnson6
19th Aug 2022, 08:37
New base perhaps in Slovenia ?
https://www.exyuaviation.com/2022/08/ryanair-hints-at-ljubljana-base-launch.html?m=1

TheSpiddalKid
24th Aug 2022, 19:30
How far in advance are Ryanair timetables normally confirmed? Planning for travel to southwest Ireland in spring 2023 noticing that some schedules all end around 23rd March (Man - Snn, Man - Kir, LPL - ORK) but others are already in the system (Man - Ork, Man - Dub., LPL - Dub) what are the chances that it is not yet confirmed if these services will continue past this date?

sunday8pm
25th Aug 2022, 06:19
Palermo, Catania and Lamezia showing as possible destinations from EMA in the Ryanair app. Is there a reason for this? All other routes in the app from EMA are currently operated.

BHX5DME
25th Aug 2022, 08:18
Palermo, Catania and Lamezia showing as possible destinations from EMA in the Ryanair app. Is there a reason for this? All other routes in the app from EMA are currently operated.
Possibly all via Venice

davidjohnson6
31st Aug 2022, 20:51
I've noticed that on recent flights with FR from the UK, Ryanair always seems kind enough to ensure that I never pay Govt taxes.
It seems unlikely that FR has been overwhelmed with a sense of sudden generosity.... is this perhaps the new ruse to ensure that pax cannot claim back any APD on flights when they did not fly ?
Not forgetting of course the tax refund admin fee which was more than the value of the tax...

Sharklet_321
2nd Sep 2022, 08:13
Rumour doing the rounds of a 2nd based aircraft for BOH next year with routes to: BFS, EDI, GLA, FNC, SVQ, BCN

SWBKCB
2nd Sep 2022, 10:53
Wouldn't that need a Ryanair UK a/c?

GAZMO
2nd Sep 2022, 15:33
I thought they had one. If not would need one for next year as starting 12 routes from BFS in March 2023, including 4 domestic STN EDI EMA MAN

FRatSTN
2nd Sep 2022, 15:42
Ryanair has already re-registered several aircraft to the various different AOCs depending on their growth allocation. Many of the new MAX's orginally destined for Ryanair DAC were re-registered to Malta Air before they were even delivered! It would be relatively straight forward in theory for Ryanair to source aircraft for the UK register to aid domestic growth.

Seljuk22
3rd Sep 2022, 07:23
Athens base will be closed during winter period.
https://news.gtp.gr/2022/09/01/ryanair-to-close-base-at-athens-airport-for-winter/

Skipness One Foxtrot
22nd Sep 2022, 02:04
Ryanair have four airlines flying as "Ryanair" across Europe, I know why Ryanair UK is flying UK to non EU, but what is the logic that says whether a continental base is Ryanair, Ryanair Sun/Buzz or Malta Air?

For example, Billund in Denmark has Buzz operated bases aircraft. Any rules and rationale?

chaps1954
22nd Sep 2022, 11:32
Ryanair UK flies many routes not just non EU from both Manchester and Stansted.

Skipness One Foxtrot
22nd Sep 2022, 15:32
Ryanair UK flies many routes not just non EU from both Manchester and Stansted.
I know, but the reason they exist at all is to fly UK to non EU.

PAXboy
22nd Sep 2022, 18:29
but the reason they exist at all is to ... ... make as much money as possible!:p They look for openings and then, when they want, they close them. They are very smart people.

AirportPlanner1
22nd Sep 2022, 21:59
... make as much money as possible!:p They look for openings and then, when they want, they close them. They are very smart people.

That’s true of most bases, routes and the subsidiaries but there’s no getting away from FR UK being a necessity rather than a smart money making/cost saving scheme. It’s actually sort of the opposite, a bit of additional bureaucracy and hassle they don’t ideally want.

Having a UK operation opens up Turkey as a new large opportunity but thus far it doesn’t seem something they’re immediately exploiting.

SWBKCB
23rd Sep 2022, 05:50
I know, but the reason they exist at all is to fly UK to non EU.

Also UK domestic flights?

davidjohnson6
23rd Sep 2022, 11:25
Would anyone be able to give an indication as to when the summer 2023 will be at least 95% publicly visible ?
I'm interested in analysing to see what routes changes there are between S22 and S23

Skipness One Foxtrot
23rd Sep 2022, 11:38
Also UK domestic flights?
Quite right!

RA85684
23rd Sep 2022, 13:34
I find it interesting that some UK - non EU flights are able to be operated with EI- registered aircraft. EI-HEN operating the RK514 (FR UK flight number) Edinburgh - Marrakech twice this week. Technically EDI-TFS which it is operating right now is also UK - non EU.
Also EI-HGM operated Stansted - Rabat on 20/09

I take it we'll be seeing G-* aircraft based at Belfast come March?

Skipness One Foxtrot
23rd Sep 2022, 15:51
I think the CAA allows exceptions up to a point but Ryanair had to be dragged kicking and screaming into having a UK AOC at all. I suspect they'll push and push the rules on this....

tartan 201
23rd Sep 2022, 16:33
Ryanair have four airlines flying as "Ryanair" across Europe, I know why Ryanair UK is flying UK to non EU, but what is the logic that says whether a continental base is Ryanair, Ryanair Sun/Buzz or Malta Air?

For example, Billund in Denmark has Buzz operated bases aircraft. Any rules and rationale?
​​​​​​
This article might shed light on their rationale:

https://www.economist.com/gulliver/2019/06/14/ryanair-is-starting-to-hide-its-brand

SWBKCB
23rd Sep 2022, 18:58
How many Buzz and Malta a/c are flying around in those colours rather than RYR - even the new-builds? Lauda are different because their colours were inherited

Skipness One Foxtrot
23rd Sep 2022, 19:18
Malta Air 6/28
Buzz 8/13

SWBKCB
23rd Sep 2022, 19:38
Malta Air 6/28
Buzz 8/13

For the MAX - and the 738's?

cavokblues
24th Sep 2022, 07:33
​​​​​​
This article might shed light on their rationale:

https://www.economist.com/gulliver/2019/06/14/ryanair-is-starting-to-hide-its-brand

I still don't get it. I can't book a flight through a Buzz or Lauda website as it directs me to Ryanair so pax still think they're booking Ryanair so the different brands to alleviate fears about Ryanair'a customer service doesn't seem to make sense.

Skipness One Foxtrot
24th Sep 2022, 17:56
For the MAX - and the 738's?
I believe, ISTBC that only new delivery MAXs wear non Ryanair livery, the remainder got flag swap and a new reg.

I still don't get it. I can't book a flight through a Buzz or Lauda website as it directs me to Ryanair so pax still think they're booking Ryanair so the different brands to alleviate fears about Ryanair'a customer service doesn't seem to make sense.
Wasn't it all a union busting move to divide the pilot community into three smaller groups vs. one powerful whole?

Skipness One Foxtrot
24th Sep 2022, 17:58
Wasn't it all a uniom

hec7or
24th Sep 2022, 20:22
Wasn't it all a union busting move to divide the pilot community into three smaller groups vs. one powerful whole?

Same deal as IAG then

cavokblues
24th Sep 2022, 20:57
I believe, ISTBC that only new delivery MAXs wear non Ryanair livery, the remainder got flag swap and a new reg.

The most logical explanation! Doesn't make sense otherwise.

jdcg
26th Sep 2022, 14:27
FR flights to the Azores from London seem to disappear after Christmas. Admittedly, they tend to be only once a week anyway but are they likely to return for the summer season and when would flights become available do you think? Thank you :)

davidjohnson6
13th Oct 2022, 10:14
A few days ago, I made a booking on the Ryanair website (no, it wasn't some fake website) for a one way flight in my own name, using a credit card in my own name. I've now received an email from FR saying my booking was made by an online travel agent or a bot and therefore I need to be at the checkin desk at least 2 hours in advance to check in (or presumably 3 hours to allow for a queue), or spend more money and pass all my biometric details from my passport to some muppet in a call centre and risk identity fraud. Furthermore, access to the booking has been removed when I visit the FR website or look at the Ryanair app on my phone. Web support are hopeless. Any idea as to what one needs to do in future to prevent this happening ? Is it compulsory to book car hire when I fly FR or is there a maximum number of bookings allowed per year per person ?

I've flown with FR about 40 times since the start of 2022, but am very reluctant to use them if there is a risk of having to turn up at the airport 3 hours to checkin

Skipness One Foxtrot
13th Oct 2022, 10:30
or spend more money and pass all my biometric details from my passport to some muppet in a call centre and risk identity fraud
Did you use your work IP? If so, knowing where you used to work and assuming you still work in similar, it may be that. Or did your cookies raise a red flag? They don't like 3rd parties!

Seljuk22
22nd Oct 2022, 08:38
3rd based a/c this winter in Memmingen but only 7 at Berlin

davidjohnson6
27th Oct 2022, 15:28
Former FR destination has FR routes again as one of the (presumably) last post-Covid lockdown/quarantine reopenings - Eilat Ramon in Israel to Paris-Beauvais, Brussels-Charleroi, Kaunas and Krakow, each 2x weekly from mid December 2022, all likely to be winter seasonal

Skipness One Foxtrot
1st Nov 2022, 16:39
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11377551/Ryanair-customers-denied-boarding-aircraft-seats-sold-didnt-exisit.html

Slightly surprised that Ryanair subbed the scheduled MAX for a standard B73H and still didn't cancel the boarding card in the system. Seems they boarded to literally find no seat, booked Row 35 in a 33 row aircraft.

lfc84
1st Nov 2022, 17:17
No mention of whether they tried to seek volunteers to offload. But then that's what you get from 'journos' who write articles based on trawling the internet for stories and doing a copy and paste

Buster the Bear
1st Nov 2022, 22:24
Newquay back from Stansted. I remember ex Continental -300s on the route.

XSBaggage
2nd Nov 2022, 00:43
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11377551/Ryanair-customers-denied-boarding-aircraft-seats-sold-didnt-exisit.html

Slightly surprised that Ryanair subbed the scheduled MAX for a standard B73H and still didn't cancel the boarding card in the system. Seems they boarded to literally find no seat, booked Row 35 in a 33 row aircraft.
Ryanair seem to have a problem with pre-booked seats on a config change. In September I had 3 seats booked in row 28 of a B738 but due to French ATC strikes I had to transfer to a flight operated by a MAX the next day.....now row 28 only had 2 seats and the system wouldn't allow me to change them, and wouldn't allow me to complete the rebooking unless I paid for what were now emergency exit seats. Bit annoyed to say the least that I paid for the dubious privilege of having my party split up into exit seats we didn't want!

MANFAN
6th Nov 2022, 11:02
A few days ago, I made a booking on the Ryanair website (no, it wasn't some fake website) for a one way flight in my own name, using a credit card in my own name. I've now received an email from FR saying my booking was made by an online travel agent or a bot and therefore I need to be at the checkin desk at least 2 hours in advance to check in (or presumably 3 hours to allow for a queue), or spend more money and pass all my biometric details from my passport to some muppet in a call centre and risk identity fraud. Furthermore, access to the booking has been removed when I visit the FR website or look at the Ryanair app on my phone. Web support are hopeless. Any idea as to what one needs to do in future to prevent this happening ? Is it compulsory to book car hire when I fly FR or is there a maximum number of bookings allowed per year per person ?

I've flown with FR about 40 times since the start of 2022, but am very reluctant to use them if there is a risk of having to turn up at the airport 3 hours to checkin

I received the same e mail yesterday from Ryanair (looks a genuine e mail) after I booked a flight on the app 24hrs earlier. Again, I used my own phone, connected to my own wifi and paid using my own credit card.
At the bottom of the e mail, this is stated:IN ORDER TO RESOLVE THESE ISSUES, YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO CHECK-IN BY:

ONLINE VERIFICATION
· A passenger on this booking can verify using facial recognition technology.
· This service is provided on the Ryanair website for a fee of €0.35.
· Online Verification allows you to manage your booking via Ryanair.com.

What is going on? They are an absolute nightmare to contact over the phone or via social media!
The e mail also states to attend the Ryanair ticket desk 120mins prior to departure...which in my case happens to be Stansted, so I assume there is a ticket desk in the check in hall?

MARK 101
16th Nov 2022, 13:00
Interesting to note this week the number of Ryanair passengers connecting from 1 FR flight to another.
Saw several boarding passes today routing BHX/ARN/GOT and yesterday at least a couple changing in Sofia to another FR flight
Is this a new thing as never noticed Ryanair offering this service before as they always seemed just a point to point airline, Also wondering what happens if initial flight is delayed and connection is missed

Seljuk22
26th Nov 2022, 08:50
4th based aircraft at Paphos next summer
https://corporate.ryanair.com/media-centre/our-news/cy/

Bases at Tenerife and Lanzarote will be re-opened with each 2 based aircraft next summer
https://corporate.ryanair.com/spanish/ryanair-anuncia-la-apertura-de-nuevas-bases-en-tenerife-y-lanzarote-para-el-verano-23/?market=es

GayFriendly
26th Nov 2022, 09:51
Regarding FR "connecting" flights, no this is not a new service! FR still don't officially sell connecting through flights but flight search engines regularly bring such connections up when searching. If you have the time you can find your own routings using the FR app as not all suitable connections come up on Skyscanner etc
​​​​​​However buyer beware. Although often ridiculously cheap they are not official connecting flights (you buy two separate flights) and you will be left high and dry if something goes wrong. Therefore you need to allow a good amount of time between connections so it's not necessarily the fastest routing!

Having said that, this year I've flown BHX - BGY - CTA and AGA - PGF - BHX without any incident and at a very cheap price.
This week I'm flying BHX - MAD - AGA then AGA - DUB - BHX so fingers crossed.....

Buster the Bear
29th Nov 2022, 22:11
https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/ryanair-talks-expand-into-egypt-libya-ceo-says-2022-11-29/?rpc=401&

davidjohnson6
29th Nov 2022, 22:14
Libya ? Is this one of those lines designed to makes headlines, like in 2008 when business class was described as "beds and blow jobs" ?

pabely
29th Nov 2022, 22:49
Not happy that Easy & Wizz are having fun in Egypt without them. I suspect Wizz will have bigger plans and Saudi would be a logical next step. One big new Riyadh airport to fill, Red Sea International and Neom to come online.
Libya as you say must just be a headline grabber only.

BA318
30th Nov 2022, 06:49
Not happy that Easy & Wizz are having fun in Egypt without them. I suspect Wizz will have bigger plans and Saudi would be a logical next step. One big new Riyadh airport to fill, Red Sea International and Neom to come online.
Libya as you say must just be a headline grabber only.

I wouldn’t say they are having fun. Ryanair is the only one of the three making money. But if the incentives are right, which shouldn’t be too hard with the Saudi’s then Ryanair will probably come.

davidjohnson6
1st Dec 2022, 10:40
Possible 4 new (or restarted) routes to Craiova in Romania
https://boardingpass.ro/craiova-este-din-nou-in-vizorul-companiei-ryanair/
Iasi in Romania apparently also being considered
https://boardingpass.ro/ryanair-ar-urma-sa-anunte-prima-sa-ruta-regulata-spre-iasi/

davidjohnson6
1st Dec 2022, 12:03
I've noticed that there are routes for which one can buy tickets on the FR website, but which are not listed at all on the Android app. No, not some obscure charter route, but mainstream routes.
Is this simply because FR's IT systems are sufficiently bad that they're overly reliant on humans to update multiple systems manually whenever something changes (and human error creeps in too easily) or is there a better reason ?

eu01
2nd Dec 2022, 05:09
I've noticed that there are routes for which one can buy tickets on the FR website, but which are not listed at all on the Android app.
Well, what about some ghost routes listed everywhere with no plans to revive them? Like e.g. Budapest - Lappeenranta, terminated months and months ago... still manual work to be done?

VickersVicount
2nd Dec 2022, 16:48
I've noticed that there are routes for which one can buy tickets on the FR website, but which are not listed at all on the Android app.
Hard to book any PIK S23 routes at all on the app- A booking update going on?

CabinCrewe
4th Dec 2022, 17:06
Hard to book any PIK S23 routes at all on the app- A booking update going on?

3 days now and essentially nothing bookable from PIK.. either they’ve lost three days worth of bookings or somethings ‘stirring’.

Monkton3
5th Dec 2022, 04:48
Eh no, it's been 3 WEEKS plus since FR suspended PIK S23 sales. It appears they are playing a very tough game with GLA who appear increasingly desperate to attract and retain traffic. FR only last week advertised for PIK based Cabin Crew so it appears complete withdrawal from PIK is unlikely.

CCFAIRPORT
21st Dec 2022, 14:17
New routes from Porto

Bristol
Castellon
Leeds Bradford
Nîmes
Stockholm Arlanda
Trapani
Turin

All begin March 2023

Seljuk22
22nd Dec 2022, 16:39
OPO and FAO will each get 2 additional a/c - 22 in total but don't know the exact allocation between the airports.

In the UK so far, BHX (from 5 to 6), BRS (from 4 to 5) and BOU (from 1 to 2) will get additional a/c.
NRN will get a 4th and FKB a 3rd next summer, PFO as well as SNN will be increased to 3 a/c.

BFS, TFS and ACE will be bases once again with each 2 a/c.

chaps1954
22nd Dec 2022, 17:47
MAN is getting an extra aircraft taking it to 16 based

WHBM
3rd Jan 2023, 23:33
23 departing Ryanair pax at London Stansted stuck in locked jetway corridor after boarding card reconciliation at gate, flight departs without them.

London Stansted Ryanair passenger furious after 23 miss flight because they were locked in corridor for 30 minutes (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/london-stansted-ryanair-passenger-furious-after-23-miss-flight-because-they-were-locked-in-corridor-for-30-minutes/ar-AA15VNLe?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=17e4198212ce40a2ad1f1c0bcde1e562)

I always like to think that, whatever commercial issues they may have with passengers, the detailed ops side of Ryanair runs a pretty tight ship with their procedures. But one struggles to understand how they could have closed the door 23 pax light compared to the signed loadsheet, or have set off with their baggage unreconciled.

Wonder if the CAA can be bothered to take an interest. By the glib statement from the airline, they seem pretty couldn't-care-less about it.

BACsuperVC10
4th Jan 2023, 07:32
OPO and FAO will each get 2 additional a/c - 22 in total but don't know the exact allocation between the airports.

In the UK so far, BHX (from 5 to 6), BRS (from 4 to 5) and BOU (from 1 to 2) will get additional a/c.
NRN will get a 4th and FKB a 3rd next summer, PFO as well as SNN will be increased to 3 a/c.

BFS, TFS and ACE will be bases once again with each 2 a/c.
LPL is going from 3 to 4 this year.

LBIA
4th Jan 2023, 20:25
LBA remains 3x based aircraft for summer but we switch to 2x Boeing 737-800's & 1x Boeing 737-MAX-800.

EMACargo
5th Jan 2023, 17:44
Do we know if EMA is 7 AC this year or more??

OltonPete
5th Jan 2023, 18:49
Do we know if EMA is 7 AC this year or more??

Believed to be 8 from 1st June around 165 flights per week up from 137

Pete

Seljuk22
14th Jan 2023, 11:26
Challenging Wizz, FR will base more aircraft at Milan and Rome next summer:

Milan: 30 a/c in total with MXP up to 8 a/c (incl. 2 737-MAX-800) with expected 4.5 million passengers per year and BGY 22 a/c (incl. 10 737-MAX-800) with expected 13 million passengers per year.

Rome (FCO and CIA) will have 15 a/c.

BRU base won't be re-open this summer.

caaardiff
19th Jan 2023, 19:06
UK internal domestic flights showing being operated by Air Explore. Anyone know why they are chartering another Airline?

SWBKCB
19th Jan 2023, 19:13
Ryanair has therefore revised its pre-Christmas assumption that it would have received “maybe 35-40” of the CFM International Leap-1B-powered aircraft by the end of June – out of 51 scheduled for delivery in the September 2022 to June 2023 period – to “somewhere between 40 to 45, with a realistic prospect of getting 45”.

https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/ryanair-chief-encouraged-by-737-max-production-ramp-up-at-boeing/151717.article

davidjohnson6
24th Jan 2023, 03:41
We haven't heard much new from MOL in the press recently apart from the usual talk that he generates every year. The only real snippet is that he wants to stay in the job until 2032 - I expect shareholders will happily agree to this at an AGM

It's always good for a CEO to know what's happening on the shop floor instead of just the executive suite, but the FR machine should be capable of running day-to-day operations without his being heavily involved, which makes me wonder what he's up to, and what plans he has for FR long term. MOL will be very much aware of the consolidation happening in European airlines for example...

SWBKCB
24th Jan 2023, 05:53
This probably means he's busy looking at airlines to buy.....

Ryanair (https://www.flightglobal.com/ryanair/15850.subject) is likely to focus on organic growth in the coming years, having found its acquisitions to be “a pain in the arse”, according to group chief executive Michael O’Leary.

https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/ryanair-chief-keener-on-organic-growth-than-pain-in-the-arse-acquisitions/151680.article

CCFAIRPORT
25th Jan 2023, 17:18
5 new routes from Warsaw-Chopin (WAW)

Alicante
Charleroi
Palma de Mallorca
Paphos
Vienna

All begin March 2023

eu01
26th Jan 2023, 06:07
[MOL] wants to stay in the job until 2032 - I expect shareholders will happily agree to this at an AGM
Well, he wants to join the growing ranks of European long-term leaders, apparently. Fortunately he has already proven himself to be much more successful than people like putin or any present-day tough-guy politicians...

Seljuk22
4th Feb 2023, 09:51
Some more news for the summer:
VIE: 19 based a/c (+2)
CRL: 16 a/c (+1)
BUD: 8 a/c
NRN: 5 a/c (+2, originally planned increase from 3 to 4)
LPL: 4 a/c (+1)

London: 57 a/c incl. 14 B7M8-200 (not sure how they are allocated between STN and LTN)
Portugal: in total 30 based aircraft at OPO (13), FAO (9), LIS, FNC, PDL

maxpeck
4th Feb 2023, 15:32
How do you find out this information? Is there a list of each base out there?

852pilot
5th Feb 2023, 00:23
Some more news for the summer:
VIE: 19 based a/c
CRL: 16 a/c
BUD: 8 a/c
NRN: 5 a/c
LPL: 4 a/c

London: 57 a/c incl. 14 B7M8-200 (not sure how they are allocated between STN and LTN)
Portugal: in total 30 based aircraft at OPO (13), FAO (9), LIS, FNC, PDL

how many lauda 320?

Seljuk22
5th Feb 2023, 11:26
How do you find out this information? Is there a list of each base out there?
Checked the FR news release for each country and in recent days they announced the summer schedule for such bases/locations:
https://corporate.ryanair.com/media-centre/our-news/de/?tag=News

In addition websites/press releases of airports and (reliable) social media like LinkedIn.

maxpeck
5th Feb 2023, 21:41
Interesting, thanks.

Seljuk22
9th Feb 2023, 18:51
Further expansion announced for the summer:

EDI: 11 a/c (+1)
KRK: 9 a/c (+1)
Modlin: 7 a/c
VLC: 7 a/c (+2)
SVQ: 6 a/c (+2)
ARN: 5 a/c (+1)
https://corporate.ryanair.com/media-centre/our-news/topic/news/

Seljuk22
18th Feb 2023, 07:59
ALC and AGP will be each increased by 2 to 13 based a/c this summer, FAO up to 10 from June.

No changes for MAD (13), BLQ (11), POZ (4), VCE (4), TSF (2), TRN (2) and PIK (2). No further expansion at LIS (4), FNC (2), and PDL (1) "due to increased charges".
https://corporate.ryanair.com/media-centre/our-news/topic/news/

LGS6753
19th Feb 2023, 18:54
I note that there are only 8 Buzz-liveried and 6 Malta Air liveried Maxs, all delivered in 2021. Subsequent deliveries have been in 'old' Ryanair livery. Is this a change in strategy, a cost-saving device, or to improve fleet flexibility?

Skipness One Foxtrot
19th Feb 2023, 22:54
That was always the plan. Buzz and MaltaAir are just Ryanair AOCs to make sure the pilot group doesn't get too big and union minded. They were always going to be Ryanair by-any-other-name, just like Ryanair UK.
All about keeping costs down.

Curious Pax
20th Feb 2023, 09:53
I note that there are only 8 Buzz-liveried and 6 Malta Air liveried Maxs, all delivered in 2021. Subsequent deliveries have been in 'old' Ryanair livery. Is this a change in strategy, a cost-saving device, or to improve fleet flexibility?

Don’t know about Buzz, but I seem to recall that part of the deal with the Maltese government was that a certain number of aircraft (presumably 6) would be painted in Malta Air livery.

MANFAN
28th Mar 2023, 17:25
I am due to fly from Carcassonne to Manchester on Friday and have read the notice on their app ref the possible flight disruption this week due to the French ATC strikes.
If my flight is cancelled I will opt for the refund into the Wallet of the Ryanair app so I can use on a future flight(s).

I have also separately booked Ryanair flights on Monday from Manchester>Dublin and then Dublin>Toulouse, but I have no intention of travelling if the flight on Friday to Manchester is cancelled. If this happens, I won't be able to take the flights on Monday, therefore what are the chances of requesting a successful refund into the Wallet of my Ryanair account for these two flights on Monday?
I don't hold out too much hope, but I made these bookings back in January when it wasn't well known exactly when the strikes would take place.
Does anyone have any recent experience for this type of situation with Ryanair?

OzzyOzBorn
28th Mar 2023, 17:35
You would probably be told to make a claim on your travel insurance in this eventuality. There is also the possibility that you could qualify for compensation for the short-notice cancellation (EU261 etc.), but only if this is deemed to be the fault of the airline. If it is outside the control of the operator, then a travel insurance claim for incidental costs / consequential losses is probably your best recourse again.

FRatSTN
30th Mar 2023, 10:30
Ryanair says price still key to new Boeing jet deal | Reuters (https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/ryanair-says-price-still-key-new-boeing-jet-deal-2023-03-29/)

Seems Ryanair are slowly gaining pace again on talks of a new Boeing order, potentially also for the MAX 10 for up to 230 passengers.

I wonder if similarly to the MAX 200 (or 737-8200 as they prefer to call it) they'd consider a higher density variant of the MAX 10, capable of up to say 240 passengers. Wizz for instance have 239 seats on their A321neos. Can't imagine what they'd call such a thing, the 737-X240 most probably!

MANFAN
30th Mar 2023, 18:56
You would probably be told to make a claim on your travel insurance in this eventuality. There is also the possibility that you could qualify for compensation for the short-notice cancellation (EU261 etc.), but only if this is deemed to be the fault of the airline. If it is outside the control of the operator, then a travel insurance claim for incidental costs / consequential losses is probably your best recourse again.

Thanks for the info and advice. Will try that.

MANFAN
30th Mar 2023, 18:58
Maybe it's just my impatience, but I can't find how to change the currency preference in the app?
I am changing a flight and the standard fee is meant to be £45 or 45 euro's...but I am paying with a French card, so will I be charged more than 45 euro's because the value of £45 is more in euro's?

Cazza_fly
30th Mar 2023, 21:41
Maybe it's just my impatience, but I can't find how to change the currency preference in the app?
I am changing a flight and the standard fee is meant to be £45 or 45 euro's...but I am paying with a French card, so will I be charged more than 45 euro's because the value of £45 is more in euro's?

As far as i am aware, you can not do this on Ryanair Its been a long standing thing and i don't believe its changed. So you pay the currency of the country the booked flight is departing from (if one way fare).

E.g;
One way STN-DUB will be £ Sterling.
One way DUB-STN will be € Euro.
Return booking STN-DUB-STN will be £ Sterling.

I believe any change fees are usually the same, e.g the original currency for the flight booking too. I dont believe you'll be charged extra however for using a French card though. Their fees will be as stated. It will then just depend on your card for any transaction fees for paying in Sterling.