PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet-6

Pages : 1 2 [3]

sergy2k
5th Jul 2023, 13:09
It changed on 19th June for all bookings made from that date.

It is a bi-product of the fact that you can no longer bring a larger cabin bag simply by booking those seats. This has been changed due to problems accommodating all the larger cabin bags around or very close to rows 1-4. Basically it was causing murder.

Hmm, not ideal but can understand the reasoning. I'm taking my (reasonably) elderly parents away next week and was hoping to get Speedy Boarding just so they aren't hanging around too much in a queue or caught in the hustle of boarding but it seems we don't have the option unless we pay for a large cabin bag each (which they won't need and is way more than the cost of the upfront seats). They're not quite at the point of Special Assistance before anyone suggests that!

Mayfield62
5th Jul 2023, 21:34
easyjet starting two new routes from Liverpool this winter.

Hurghada - Twice Weekly from 29th October

Lyon - Twice Weekly from 13th December

davidjohnson6
5th Jul 2023, 21:54
Having sent my and Mrs Johnson's parents on Easyjet with special assistance multiple times (no, not with me accompanying them), I strongly recommend it - the service is very good. I remain very grateful to an unknown Easyjet checkin desk person who pestered my parents a few years ago to accept assistance and then organised it within a few minutes despite my parents saying they could manage without it.

For parents aged over 70 (and definitely for those over 75), it really is worth considering - distances in many airports are much further and the whole experience more stressful and confusing than parents often realise. As people age, they can often become worriers. I've seen plenty of elderly pax try to struggle through with family because of pride - while I look at them wishing they had booked assistance because at their age, they really deserve the help that can be provided if booked in advance.

People over 70 often forget they are not 40 any more... they try to do it all, and arrive at their destination realising the whole travel experience was a little bit too much for them - it's meant to be a holiday. The first night by the Mediterranean should involve going out to eat at a fun restaurant... not spending the evening at the hotel recovering from the LCC travel experience because people feel drained.

Those of us in our 40s who are used to the LCC flying experience and know how to navigate it often forget it's more of a challenge for an older generation.

VickersVicount
6th Jul 2023, 16:43
“Liverpool, Glasgow and Belfast will fly all year round to Hurghada, while Edinburgh will operate a twice-a-week service through the winter starting on November 6. Liverpool’s twice-a-week flights start on October 29 and Glasgow’s on November 8, while Belfast’s once-a-week service begins on October 31”

Flightrider
8th Jul 2023, 16:10
Looks as though easyJet are chopping some Gatwick flights over the peak summer, many at short notice. I've had a Gatwick domestic flight cancelled in under two weeks time, was talking to someone else this morning who's had flights to France cancelled and friends coming over from the Isle of Man have had half of their return flight cancelled with apparently all creation ongoing on the island about air traffic in general and easyJet in particular. Is this a belated effort to try to build some integrity into the schedule for the summer peak?

R T Jones
8th Jul 2023, 18:19
Certainly at Gatwick it is. The Isle of Man issues are separate, seems to be issues with lack of air traffic controllers and so when the IOM controller goes on a break the airfield has to close!

Gatwick has been a **** show the last few weeks and as it’s largest operator easy have suffered quite a lot.

Tonyq
9th Jul 2023, 12:19
Certainly at Gatwick it is. The Isle of Man issues are separate, seems to be issues with lack of air traffic controllers and so when the IOM controller goes on a break the airfield has to close!

Gatwick has been a **** show the last few weeks and as it’s largest operator easy have suffered quite a lot.

It does appear that easyJet have learned very little from last year's shambles, for which Peter Bellew eventually had to walk the plank.

If they don't turn it around pretty quickly, improve performance and punctuality, reduce compensation costs and start making enough money to satisfy the markets, it'll be Lundgren's turn.

Albert Hall
9th Jul 2023, 15:42
With its financial performance even before this latest round of disruption, I am surprised Lundgren is still in post. Beyond the headlong push into holidays and trying to out-do his former employer TUI, there seems to be little else to write home about.

Apron Artist
9th Jul 2023, 16:13
I spent 12 years until earlier this year doing the ground handling for easyJet at Gatwick, firstly with Menzies and then DHL. Last year was awful and could see that this year was only going to be worse.

The vast majority of the ramp/baggage/cleaning boys and girls simply wanted to do a good job ; there were very few idlers, but they're up against impossible odds. We'd get most of the 1st wave off on time, but by lunchtime the delays start piling up and the schedule goes out of the window. easyJet cancelled 24 flights yesterday, many of these after passengers had checked in. So far today, they've cancelled 11 and on time departures are running at 24% - the same as yesterday. The "plan" for 240 departures per day in the height of summer was sheer fantasy.

dantheflyboy
9th Jul 2023, 21:06
Family member was delayed due the late inbound aircraft from AMS. Aircraft then sat for 45 mins before boarding. Once on board pax were told there was a boarding error and pax were to deplane. Once in the gate the App stated the flight cancelled. Poor ground staff were unaware of this. Upshot is rebooked for tomorrow evening 24hours late. No Hotel offered but told to claim back costs. Single young female now travelling by train to London to overnight. No explanation given at all. Not great way to treat your customers.

Apron Artist
9th Jul 2023, 21:28
18 cancellations today in total. Reputational damage will be hard to recover from. They got too greedy.

stewyb
9th Jul 2023, 21:56
Hardly surprising, just taken a quick look at their schedules from LGW this summer and note that many routes are being flown up to 5-8 daily. That surely isn’t sustainable and questionable as to it being entirely necessary when you factor in delays with ground ops, late pax, crewing and ATC etc. Recipe for disaster!

cavokblues
10th Jul 2023, 09:30
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66153416

Someone at the airline needs to get a grip. It just seems so lacking in any direction. Same old mistakes time and time again.

ATNotts
10th Jul 2023, 09:50
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66153416

Someone at the airline needs to get a grip. It just seems so lacking in any direction. Same old mistakes time and time again.
Given that 95% of affected passengers have been rebooked it would appear there are, or were, too many seats chasing too few passengers and that, aside of 'Putin's war' a certain amount of what tour operators call consolidation is happening here.

stewyb
10th Jul 2023, 10:04
Given that 95% of affected passengers have been rebooked it would appear there are, or were, too many seats chasing too few passengers and that, aside of 'Putin's war' a certain amount of what tour operators call consolidation is happening here.

Yep, as I suggested previous they have over committed and backed themselves in to a corner. You can’t tell me it requires 5 daily to BFS when they also operate 3 daily to BHD. This is mirrored across their network and is placing huge demands on operational resource, both aircraft and staff. To blame Ukraine airspace and the annual European ATC issues alone is nonsense. Same with PMI and 8 daily during summer, maybe this is sustainable as its to a very popular holiday destination but boy does that put a strain on scheduling!

LTNman
10th Jul 2023, 11:47
People will have less money next year so will Easyjet learn any lessons from this year?

allnamestaken1
10th Jul 2023, 13:57
Yep, as I suggested previous they have over committed and backed themselves in to a corner. You can’t tell me it requires 5 daily to BFS when they also operate 3 daily to BHD. This is mirrored across their network and is placing huge demands on operational resource, both aircraft and staff. To blame Ukraine airspace and the annual European ATC issues alone is nonsense. Same with PMI and 8 daily during summer, maybe this is sustainable as its to a very popular holiday destination but boy does that put a strain on scheduling!
The 5 flights on the Bfs to Gtw route are very popular which is a base,maybe they should look at why they need to operate another 3 flights from an airport 18 miles down the road st Bhd.

Sotonsean
10th Jul 2023, 14:01
The 5 flights on the Bfs to Gtw route are very popular which is a base,maybe they should look at why they need to operate another 3 flights from an airport 18 miles down the road st Bhd.

​​​​​Gtw 👎
LGW 👍

vectisman
10th Jul 2023, 14:25
Some posters on here really seem to revel in making crisis out of anything and talking an airline down. It seems to me that easyjet have looked at a developing situation and taking action before it becomes a crisis.
They have cancelled 1700 flights out of a total of 90000 to protect the schedule. 95% of passengers have been rebooked. Not ideal for the other 5%, but better than turning up on the day to find their flight cancelled.
Reputational damage is at its greatest when flights are cancelled with little notice or delayed for hours and hours!
Other airlines are doing the same. At least easyjet have been transparent about their intentions.
The airlines must be weeping at having not recruited so many armchair CEOS that apparently have all the solutions!
And no I have no connections with the airline being discussed!

2Planks
10th Jul 2023, 14:35
Vectisman, I agree that they have taken action ahead of impending problems, perhaps a little late. But their statement, as reported by the BBC, is odd, blaming air traffic issues, constrained airspace over Europe, potential ATC strikes and Ukraine airspace problems. It does not take the brains of an Archbishop to deduce that this affects all flights from all airports, yet they have only cancelled flights from Gatwick. Luton is is only 44 nm away….. Even on a skiing forum this has been spotted.

vectisman
10th Jul 2023, 15:06
It is probably because Gatwick is their biggest base with multiple frequencies to many destinations which make same day rebooking easier to achieve.

allnamestaken1
10th Jul 2023, 15:12
​​​​​Gtw 👎
LGW 👍
Just noticed finger trouble.

WHBM
10th Jul 2023, 16:41
A spokesperson for EasyJet said the whole airline industry was seeing "challenging conditions this summer" as the closure of Ukrainian airspace (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63232973) due to Russia's war caused congestion in the skies and disrupted flights.
Um ... almost all carriers gave up transiting Ukrainian airspace after the shootdown of Malaysian 17.

And that happened in 2014 !!!

WHBM
10th Jul 2023, 16:42
A spokesperson for EasyJet said the whole airline industry was seeing "challenging conditions this summer" as the closure of Ukrainian airspace due to Russia's war caused congestion in the skies and disrupted flights.
Um ... almost all carriers gave up transiting Ukrainian airspace after the shootdown of Malaysian 17.

wiggy
10th Jul 2023, 17:05

That sounds like a shorthand explanation by the Easyjet spokesperson that really left the wrong impression.

I suspect the problem now is that post Feb last year Russian and some other associated airspace also effectively closed.

That's means European carriers have lost the Russian/Belarus > option for their Longhaul Flights and has loaded up the skies over the likes of Romania and Turkey..as one glance at your favourite tracking app will quickly show.

IMHO I'd say that's almost bound to be an increase in delays due to flow control.

lfc84
10th Jul 2023, 17:08
When you consider they continually can't get the first wave of flights out of Gatwick every morning. The aircraft have been there overnight. They're clearly clutching at straws to make excuses.

Ukraine/ Russia will be a factor. But no excuse for the continual issues with the first sector at Gatwick that they're having

vectisman
10th Jul 2023, 19:39
When you consider they continually can't get the first wave of flights out of Gatwick every morning. The aircraft have been there overnight. They're clearly clutching at straws to make excuses.

Ukraine/ Russia will be a factor. But no excuse for the continual issues with the first sector at Gatwick that they're having

Yes the planes may be there overnight but ATC restrictions and congestion will delay them or have cancelled flights. Maybe the facts do not fit your agenda though.

lfc84
10th Jul 2023, 19:43
Yes the planes may be there overnight but ATC restrictions and congestion will delay them or have cancelled flights. Maybe the facts do not fit your agenda though.
I've no agenda against easyJet. I'm a flight club member and in our house there's 4 easyJet plus members.

But they're delaying or cancelling flights to IOM in the first wave.

They don't touch Europe atc.

Essex lad
10th Jul 2023, 19:59
Cancelling these flights will definitely help out the crewing issue they've got.

Albert Hall
10th Jul 2023, 20:16
[QUOTE][It seems to me that easyjet have looked at a developing situation and taking action before it becomes a crisis./QUOTE]

Judging by the recent rate of cancellations at Gatwick, I think it became a crisis some weeks ago. The only thing which seems to have changed is the level of media attention to it.

mikkie4
11th Jul 2023, 00:46
Are the delays and cancellations just with uk based aircraft, out of Gatwick? flying to FARO from SEN on EU based aircraft in September

toledoashley
11th Jul 2023, 05:23
Cancellations are in the main from Gatwick only (it seems that Gatwick can’t cope when a significant number of flights are delayed). Looking at delays from other airports - can be an hour or two, but they do seem to keep operating.

Kiltrash
15th Jul 2023, 20:15
Booked to go Luton to Venice in September ...got the email that flights cancelled and they are offering stupid o'clock from Gatwick instead. Before accenting I find they are flying 3 rotations on that day And I changed the booking to the mid day flight. That gets us to Venice reasonable o'clock in the afternoon....so far it's a winner...
just checked and none of the flights that day have been cancelled...yet...so here's hoping😊

sergy2k
21st Jul 2023, 22:10
Has anyone managed to use the inflight Wi-Fi service that is apparently now live onboard all aircraft? Both of my recent flights it hasn’t been live so I’m suspecting it’s something the crew need to ‘turn on’ and they’ve probably not been briefed on it?
(I’m aware its not full Wi-Fi but I wanted to try out the Flight Tracker)

davidjohnson6
21st Jul 2023, 22:12
The Flight Tracker worked... but Google Maps with GPS enabled on an Android phone pressed to the window for 30 seconds (yes, with flight mode turned on) gave a far better result at 38,000 feet

If an airline (not just Easyjet) on non-oceanic routes wants to provide a really good flight tracker, I think the answer would be to allow Internet access via satellite to a few FlightRadar24 URLs very specific to the flight instead of trying to use some second rate solution that is no better that the FlightMap that has been shown on aircraft screens since the 1990s

lfc84
21st Jul 2023, 22:20
Has anyone managed to use the inflight Wi-Fi service that is apparently now live onboard all aircraft? Both of my recent flights it hasn’t been live so I’m suspecting it’s something the crew need to ‘turn on’ and they’ve probably not been briefed on it?
You're really not missing much

sergy2k
21st Jul 2023, 23:07
Yeah so I managed to get location working on my iPhone and Google Maps but wanted to try it on my iPad. Maybe next time, and yes, I wasn’t expecting anything to rival Netflix!

ezycrew
22nd Jul 2023, 07:11
It’s been removed from all aircraft to be upgraded to be more accurate and to include more options

Dct_Mopas
22nd Jul 2023, 16:44

They’ve all been removed to improve the service as it was a bit hit and miss. When working it was good, but the units had reliability issues so they’ve gone back to the manufacturer to be resolved rather than plodding on with a poor service.

davidjohnson6
26th Jul 2023, 11:20
Easyjet seem to be consistently blaming ATC for delays of over 3 hours, stating this is extraordinary and beyond their control - ie they don't want to pay for EU261. I'm aware Ryanair don't seem to be affected which seems strange as ATC tend not to show strong favouritism to a single airline. I suspect Easyjet are rather more to blame than they would like to admit.

Is the ATC excuse being upheld, or have people managed to push hard enough that Easyjet back down or the courts overturn this excuse ?

pabely
26th Jul 2023, 11:52
Easyjet seem to be consistently blaming ATC for delays of over 3 hours, stating this is extraordinary and beyond their control - ie they don't want to pay for EU261. I'm aware Ryanair don't seem to be affected which seems strange as ATC tend not to show strong favouritism to a single airline. I suspect Easyjet are rather more to blame than they would like to admit.

Is the ATC excuse being upheld, or have people managed to push hard enough that Easyjet back down or the courts overturn this excuse ?
Are you comparing like for like, LGW is a mess all round, EZY tend to fly to more congested airports than RYR as well. Are their comparisons on routes where they compete head to head?

davidjohnson6
26th Jul 2023, 12:05
I'm comparing claims that flying at 30'000+ feet over France, Germany, Benelux, etc seems to particularly affect Easyjet rather than Ryanair

Mayfield62
26th Jul 2023, 12:06
I had an EU261 request refused by Wizz Air blaming ATC Delays/Weather. I pushed back stating that it the delay was due to an aircraft becoming unserviceable. I cited information from a flight tracking site and pointed out how they could have mitigated the delay to under 3 hours but chose not to. They relented and paid me €400 compensation.

MANFAN
1st Aug 2023, 19:33
Easyjet's cabin baggage allowance is about as clear as mud on the app! (Well for me anyway)!
Adding an extra cabin bag to a booking and it states:
"All customers can bring on board one small cabin bag (max. 45 x 36 x 20 cm including wheels and handles) for free"

I read their cabin baggage policy had changed recently and all customers had to pay extra for taking a cabin bag on board which you would have to place in the overhead locker? Most cabin bags that you can take on board for free, would have to be very small to fit under the seat in front of you!
So I can actually take a cabin bag on board for the overhead locker, as long as it meets the size requirements...how do they work that out if everyone wants to do that?!

I won't take the chance and pay the £22.99 for the large cabin bag (even though in my opinion, the cabin bag I have isn't large).

davidjohnson6
1st Aug 2023, 19:50
Everyone gets to take a small bag - 45 x 36 x 20 cm. If the overhead lockers are full, you may have to put this small bag under the seat in front of you. If there is plenty of space in the overhead lockers, nobody cares if you put the small bag in the overhead lockers instead - the important thing is that you should be ready, willing and able to put it under a seat.
You can also take an additional larger cabin bag - 56 x 45 x 25 cm, but you will have to pay to take this. For each flight, only a *limited* number of these larger cabin bag allowances are sold. Numbers are limited so as to be certain everything will fit in overhead lockers and little or nothing will need to be checked manually into the hold by cabin crew once passengers are on board the aircraft. If there are 180 seats on an aircraft, you can be certain Easyjet will not sell large cabin bag allowances to each of 180 passengers. City break and business destination routes tend to see high demand for large cabin bag permits - and they really can and sometimes do sell out well before departure date. If these have sold out, you are left with the choice of just the small bag, or paying at some stage for the right to check a bag into the hold
Easyjet are, to some extent, playing on your not knowing in advance how much you will take on your flight, and your fear that large cabin bag allowances will sell out - so that you are motivated to pay more for your trip - and Easyjet can boost their ancillary spend per passenger

MANFAN
1st Aug 2023, 20:08
Everyone gets to take a small bag - 45 x 36 x 20 cm. If the overhead lockers are full, you may have to put this small bag under the seat in front of you. If there is plenty of space in the overhead lockers, nobody cares if you put the small bag in the overhead lockers instead - the important thing is that you should be ready, willing and able to put it under a seat.
You can also take an additional larger cabin bag - 56 x 45 x 25 cm, but you will have to pay to take this. For each flight, only a *limited* number of these larger cabin bag allowances are sold. Numbers are limited so as to be certain everything will fit in overhead lockers and little or nothing will need to be checked manually into the hold by cabin crew once passengers are on board the aircraft. If there are 180 seats on an aircraft, you can be certain Easyjet will not sell large cabin bag allowances to each of 180 passengers. City break and business destination routes tend to see high demand for large cabin bag permits - and they really can and sometimes do sell out well before departure date. If these have sold out, you are left with the choice of just the small bag, or paying at some stage for the right to check a bag into the hold
Easyjet are, to some extent, playing on your not knowing in advance how much you will take on your flight, and your fear that large cabin bag allowances will sell out - so that you are motivated to pay more for your trip - and Easyjet can boost their ancillary spend per passenger

Thanks for the info...it certainly wasn't clear when I was adding the cabin bag on the app. I had to go onto a different screen and click more information to see the info you have provided above!
I was under the impression that extra cabin bags had to be paid for by every passenger...anyway for me who is 6ft, my size cabin bag would be no good under the seat in front! £22.99 in this day and age isn't bad for a small (ish) cabin bag in the locker.

sergy2k
1st Sep 2023, 16:18
Apologies for starting a new thread but couldn’t find the easyJet one…

Noticed this afternoon a heavily delayed LTN departure to JER. FR24 showed the aircraft had taken off at 13:35 for a 13:00 STD, flew all the way to JER and then had a missed approach and flew back to LTN. Nothing necessarily strange in that, could be weather, ATC restrictions etc that caused the divert back to LTN. Upon checking the easyJet website however, it states this,

“We’re sorry that your flight has been delayed. This is because of a technical issue that needs to be inspected by our engineers. This can take between 30 minutes to two hours. The safety of you and our crew is our highest priority and we thank you for your patience while we complete the necessary checks. We'll update you as soon as we know more

The disruption to your flight is outside of our control and is considered to be an extraordinary circumstance.”

Unless I’m missing something, would they fly the aircraft to destination, decide they had a technical issue and return back to LTN? Seems like a way for easyJet to avoid paying any compensation but happy to be proven otherwise.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/295x640/img_1484_png_ffc455309bb0bbf3766f29948f1f0e40ff3a7ada.jpg

kcockayne
1st Sep 2023, 17:05
Certainly wasn’t caused by wx, or ATC. It has been CAVOK all day with a westerly wind of 5kts. I saw this a/c make its missed approach - just a flight along the Final Approach Track at 2000 ft. followed by a left turn of approx. 270 degrees onto North, & disappeared into the distance. Shortly afterwards an ATR joined on a right base & landed on 26? I have absolutely no idea as to the reason for this - must have been something important !?

Dct_Mopas
1st Sep 2023, 17:24
Could have been any number of technical faults. From the description it’s quite possible the aircraft suffered a flap/ slat jam whilst configuring for the approach and therefore rendering the runway at Jersey too short to land - requiring a diversion.

That’s a total guess but many many different scenarios would lead to a diversion away from Jersey just like what occurred .

LGS6753
1st Sep 2023, 19:19
Perhaps it's as simple as "engineers at Luton, no engineers in Jersey."

Tonyq
2nd Sep 2023, 07:43
Perhaps it's as simple as "engineers at Luton, no engineers in Jersey."

I'd be pretty sure it is as simple as that.

It's happened here in IOM a couple of times over the Summer. Presumably a minor technical issue, with no risk returning to point of origin, but no desire to get the aircraft stuck down route, with no engineering support.

Small consolation for the pax, but they should get UK261 compensation.

kcockayne
2nd Sep 2023, 13:53
A flap problem, apparently. The a/c was unable to select the appropriate approach/landing flap & was, therefor, required to return to Luton in order to be able to make a flapless/low flap approach to its much longer r/w.

ash9423
3rd Sep 2023, 15:37
After experiencing this myself recently for 2hrs on flight to JTR, I notice easyJet particularly at MAN tend to get aircraft waiting on the taxiway at the runway sometimes with engines off for ages before departing due to ATC delays. Is easyJet policy different to other airlines who wait on stand? Or is it just a coincidence when I see this happening it's always an EZY aircraft?

Big Tudor
3rd Sep 2023, 15:55
After experiencing this myself recently for 2hrs on flight to JTR, I notice easyJet particularly at MAN tend to get aircraft waiting on the taxiway at the runway sometimes with engines off for ages before departing due to ATC delays. Is easyJet policy different to other airlines who wait on stand? Or is it just a coincidence when I see this happening it's always an EZY aircraft?

Fairly standard practice for most airlines. The cynical response is it helps with on-time performance as the departure time is based on when the aircraft pushes back from stand. Doesn’t help with EU261 though as that is based on arrival time at destination.

More pertinent is it frees up the stand for the next inbound aircraft, or the handling team to go to the next departure.

easyflyer83
3rd Sep 2023, 21:52
Fairly standard practice for most airlines. The cynical response is it helps with on-time performance as the departure time is based on when the aircraft pushes back from stand. Doesn’t help with EU261 though as that is based on arrival time at destination.

More pertinent is it frees up the stand for the next inbound aircraft, or the handling team to go to the next departure.

Exactly that. Release the pushback crew and you are the master of your own destiny.

The pushback team won’t necessarily be able to stay with the aircraft during a lengthy slot restriction so if your slot is cancelled or comes forward, you risk not being in a position to push back.

Seljuk
9th Sep 2023, 11:52
Some new routes/destinations are on sale for the winter:

Gizeh Sphinx Airport from LTN
Rabat from GVA, LYS, NTE, NCE, CDG

some more ski routes: BHX-SZG, GVA-STN,SEN-Grenoble, ZRH-STN

Alteagod
9th Sep 2023, 13:16
Maybe I missed it but have Easy released there Winter programme for BHD yet?

GeorgeNTravels
9th Sep 2023, 13:51
Maybe I missed it but have Easy released theirWinter programme for BHD yet?

BRS - Daily
GLA - 2x week
LPL - Daily
LGW - 3 Daily
LTN - Daily
MAN - 11 weekly

GLA was reduced from 3 to 2 weekly following changes to based ops at GLA.

Alteagod
9th Sep 2023, 16:26
Cheers. GLA seems almost pointless at this stage. Maybe some sun routes might appear soon

GeorgeNTravels
9th Sep 2023, 16:52
Cheers. GLA seems almost pointless at this stage. Maybe some sun routes might appear soon

No worries, not sure why they decided not launch GLA-BHD but I think it was probably to stop Flybe 2.0 from getting established in the market.

davidjohnson6
17th Sep 2023, 15:51
I see easyJet have just realised their S24 schedules on the website.
Mock booking LTN-PMI first Saturday of the school holidays for a week… £675pp one return including a bag.
Can easyJet really sell that with a straight face?
You might not be aware at the full range of people who fly on Easyjet - it's not just the peasants who are scraping pennies together. Many of the people who take the helicopter with Blade/Monacair/Helisecurite between Monaco and Nice are connecting to/from Easyjet flights (yes, I was surprised by that too)

pabely
17th Sep 2023, 16:37
I see easyJet have just realised their S24 schedules on the website.

Mock booking LTN-PMI first Saturday of the school holidays for a week… £675pp one return including a bag.

Can easyJet really sell that with a straight face?
I got that price for x2 Adults + hold bags, with x4 flights that day, did you go for highest price or lowest?

pabely
17th Sep 2023, 17:05
Stansted with RYR gives similar prices
Cheaper from SEN with EJU or with WUK from LUT.
Begs the question, if Easy could get more slots at Luton, would the SEN route exist or is it just overspill?

Jamie236
18th Sep 2023, 06:48
You might not be aware at the full range of people who fly on Easyjet - it's not just the peasants who are scraping pennies together. Many of the people who take the helicopter with Blade/Monacair/Helisecurite between Monaco and Nice are connecting to/from Easyjet flights (yes, I was surprised by that too)

Could be a focus on the easyjet holiday market also and trying to keep more desirable flight times for this, I know Jet2 save some flights for holidays only. Easyjet havn’t realised the summer 24 BHX flights and have said they specifically open for easyjet holidays atm.

GayFriendly
18th Sep 2023, 15:35
Why are they holding back the BHX flights to book flight only? I want to book some returns to Berlin but don't want an easyJet holiday!

ATNotts
18th Sep 2023, 18:11
Why are they holding back the BHX flights to book flight only? I want to book some returns to Berlin but don't want an easyJet holiday!
I would imagine because the package garners more revenue / profit than an airline seat. But really it isn't very good for someone like you. If they aren't careful it'll be BHX/DUS on Eurowings and the ICE to Berlin.

GayFriendly
19th Sep 2023, 17:35
AT

Yes potentially it will be. I get they want the additional revenue but am confused why they've opened bookings for seat only on their existing routes on the app/website e.g. EDI, LIS, GVA etc but not for any of the new ones.......which is even more confusing when other flights from UK airports to Berlin (amongst many others,) are bookable flight only.

I'm guessing the based flights are possibly still a work in progress, which is why they haven't released seat only? If so that's not good practice from them to take people's cash for them to find their flights re-timed or even non-op......or is BHX some sort of EZY Holidays only experiment to see if they can fill flights with package only punters?

Why make such a fanfare about launching the BHX base when you still can't actually book any of the new flights (which, let's face it all of which have existing competition apart from BER)

So it looks like I'll be flying from MAN again in April unless EZY pull their finger out soon.

davidjohnson6
19th Sep 2023, 17:41
April is 7 months away. Do you really need to book that urgently ? Large numbers of Ryanair routes simply are not bookable at all beyond the end of March

GayFriendly
21st Sep 2023, 17:17
Not necessarily but we will be a combined group of around 25 flying to Berlin for a family wedding in April from MAN, LGW and within that group 4 of us (,including myself) from hopefully BHX, all with EZY

The point of my post got a bit lost! My question is, why are flights with EZY to BER bookable now from MAN and LGW (and indeed throughout S24) yet no flight only bookings are available from BHX? I'd understand a bit better if no schedules had been released by EZY for S24. The others travelling from MAN and LGW are booked (of course this far ahead at very good fares)

We are going to hold on for BHX to be released as its way more convenient for us but it's very frustrating to know flights are bookable but only as a package at the mo

BHX5DME
21st Sep 2023, 22:18
None of Easyjet's new routes are on sale yet as flight only inc. all those announced from BHX
I would expect to see all new routes going on sale in late October - early November as they have in previous years.

lfc84
29th Sep 2023, 12:24
Local media in Canaries reporting flight 2011 operating MAN-TFS diverted to ACE this morning due to 8 violent passengers. G-EZOP has now continued its journey onwards to TFS

jmdavies86
3rd Oct 2023, 21:07
easyJet are reducing MAN-IOM flights to between Friday and Monday during the winter months; Loganair have said it'll increase its flights in November and December to seven days a week in response.

Additionally, flights between BFS & IOM will not run between 17th Nov and 22nd Dec.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-66993894?fbclid=IwAR2AbSc0OdiuyaYnNeE3_n8ondx1fVpF5Kvat3K0To 0sh8cQgdAd3G9WPj4

ib26uk
3rd Oct 2023, 21:16
Anyone know when the BHX flights go on sale?.......

Not interested in an easyJet Holiday....... want flight only

GayFriendly
4th Oct 2023, 21:12
I should imagine in the next 4-6 weeks, existing EZY routes from UK bases incl BHX are on sale thru summer 24 but none of their new ones are yet, including of course those from BHX.

pabely
7th Oct 2023, 17:33
Surprised the later of the x2 daily LTN TLV carried on today, almost everyone & everything else did a 180 back to base.

AircraftOperations
7th Oct 2023, 22:51
Surprised the later of the x2 daily LTN TLV carried on today, almost everyone & everything else did a 180 back to base.

Perhaps there were some important pax on board that were required urgently in TLV.

pabely
7th Oct 2023, 23:27
Perhaps there were some important pax on board that were required urgently in TLV.
Maybe, today's now canx. El Al will be busy.

ATNotts
10th Oct 2023, 09:00
#seanm1997, usually very reliable, reporting delays to commencement of some routes, mostly minor, but BER and JER apparently until September.

It occurs to me that both BER and JER are really more suited to flight only rather than package holiday travel (I would never book a package for a city break myself) so I reckon they've a mistake in not opening up flight reservations from the start.

Question is of course, will replacement services be loaded to replace the BER and JER in high summer?

pwalhx
10th Oct 2023, 09:33
Local media in Canaries reporting flight 2011 operating MAN-TFS diverted to ACE this morning due to 8 violent passengers. G-EZOP has now continued its journey onwards to TFS
Interestingly two of my work colleagues were on this flight going on holiday. They said there was no violence or disruption but rather one of the people involved said something that offended a member of the crew.

pabely
10th Oct 2023, 10:26
Interestingly two of my work colleagues were on this flight going on holiday. They said there was no violence or disruption but rather one of the people involved said something that offended a member of the crew.
The truth doesn't sell newspapers!

Seljuk
12th Oct 2023, 16:12
new aircraft order:
157 aircraft (56 A320neo & 101 A321neo) to be delivered between FY29-FY34; in addition 100 purchase rights
35 A320neo will be switched into A321neos
https://corporate.easyjet.com/files/doc_news/2023/10/FY23-Trading-Update-RNS-Final.pdf

Albert Hall
12th Oct 2023, 18:07
The market hasn't exactly responded well to today's news - share price has hit a 6-month low at 401p so it looks to be that investors are pretty underwhelmed with a statement which says "more of the same". Resuming paying of dividends normally helps your attractiveness as a share, particularly for some of the institutional investors, but it looks as though the opposite has happened. Not a vote of confidence, I fear.

MANFAN
12th Oct 2023, 18:24
The market hasn't exactly responded well to today's news - share price has hit a 6-month low at 401p so it looks to be that investors are pretty underwhelmed with a statement which says "more of the same". Resuming paying of dividends normally helps your attractiveness as a share, particularly for some of the institutional investors, but it looks as though the opposite has happened. Not a vote of confidence, I fear.

Given the fact that the first aircraft of this particular order won’t be arriving for another 5 years yet, this is good news!
The backlog for these Airbus models and slot availability only makes it inevitably for Easyjet to make this specific order now…it was going to happen soon let me tell you that!

pabely
12th Oct 2023, 19:24
Remember Easyjet defered alot of orders during Covid. I think existing orders go as far as 2029 so this is just 'keeping them coming' to secure delivery slots.
I do question what happens with the short haul model between regional airports. Can they fill 320/321s where a 319 works well.
Time to look at A220, I think they looked at E2 (paid visit to Luton during a Farnborough Airshow) but like most were put off by the economics. Seems to work well for Breeze in US.

SWBKCB
12th Oct 2023, 19:40
proposed order, subject to shareholder approval

The airline's founder Stelios Haji-Ioannou, who owns a 15% stake, has in the past questioned the need to buy expensive new aircraft.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/uks-easyjet-agrees-deal-with-airbus-expand-fleet-beyond-2028-2023-10-12/

MANFAN
12th Oct 2023, 20:06
proposed order, subject to shareholder approval

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/uks-easyjet-agrees-deal-with-airbus-expand-fleet-beyond-2028-2023-10-12/

Time to get rid of him!

davidjohnson6
24th Oct 2023, 07:53
All Easyjet routes to/from Aqaba seem to have been suspended during winter 2023-24. Sharm el Sheikh still seems to be on sale.
As a comparison:
Transavia have removed their sole route to/from Aqaba from sale.
Fares with Ryanair on their routes to/from Aqaba in November seem VERY cheap

allnamestaken1
31st Oct 2023, 18:51
Any rumours floating about on the date when Easyjet going to be releasing the rest of Sept/Oct 2024 schedule.

Buster the Bear
31st Oct 2023, 22:33
Confirmation that the A319s are all going.

https://simpleflying.com/easyjet-phase-out-airbus-a319-4-years/?fbclid=IwAR1CoyF-1et22cN17W5BKcayHETw8S8px_r9LD7VI7mh7ZNtf7-xp0hzROU

LTNman
1st Nov 2023, 05:11
I can remember paying for a reserved seat at the back of an A320 that was subsequently substituted for an A319. I was told just find an empty seat. I never got my reserved seat fee back.

chaps1954
1st Nov 2023, 09:16
yes Buster, Jethro confirms all gone by end 2027

pabely
1st Nov 2023, 11:05
Probably borrowed the information off the well respected Jethros site!

lfc84
1st Nov 2023, 14:42
Has anyone got easyJet plus ? If I want to avail of this benefit it seems I need to call:

Get an earlier return flight home on the same day at no extra cost.

Transfer onto an earlier flight departing on the same day as your original return flight for free. Call our dedicated Customer Service team to check availability and quote your easyJet Plus number to change your flight for free. For added ease, you can also transfer onto an earlier flight departing or arriving at a different airport, as long as it's within the same city or location as your original booking. Example airports within the same city or location:

However, the call centre does't open until 0800. The flight I would switch from AND the flight I woud switch to both depart before 0800.

So how does it work in this circumstance ?

plus.easyjet.com/faqs.aspx#Earlierflightforfree (http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=71fe2139a887ad501313cd8cce3053c5&subId=2798251&u=https%3A//plus.easyjet.com/faqs.aspx%23Earlierflightforfree)

davidjohnson6
1st Nov 2023, 14:48
Has anyone got easyJet plus ? If I want to avail of this benefit it seems I need to call:

Get an earlier return flight home on the same day at no extra cost.

Transfer onto an earlier flight departing on the same day as your original return flight for free. Call our dedicated Customer Service team to check availability and quote your easyJet Plus number to change your flight for free. For added ease, you can also transfer onto an earlier flight departing or arriving at a different airport, as long as it's within the same city or location as your original booking. Example airports within the same city or location:
However, the call centre does't open until 0800. The flight I would switch from AND the flight I woud switch to both depart before 0800.
So how does it work in this circumstance ?
plus.easyjet.com/faqs.aspx#Earlierflightforfree (http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=71fe2139a887ad501313cd8cce3053c5&subId=2798251&u=https%3A//plus.easyjet.com/faqs.aspx%23Earlierflightforfree)

Similiar problem with membership of Flight Club. Handling agent staff at airports do not treat Plus or Flight Club members any differently to anybody else. Either call between 8 am and 7:45 pm (phone calls just before 8 pm tend not to be answered as people want to go home), stick with the original ticket or buy a new ticket. Unfortunately the website does not have a "Log in to Plus / Flight Club" feature when changing a ticket - I've been waiting for this for a long long time.

lfc84
1st Nov 2023, 14:57
I agree entirely davidjohnson6

I have got Flight Club and easyJet plus. It would make sense if you could put your membership number into the website so that it removes the fees and fare difference.

Based on your reply, it would appear that what I want to achieve isn't possible.

willy wombat
1st Nov 2023, 15:14
I note the comments above but I have to say that I have found Flight Club really good for making FOC flight changes and it helps that I normally know that I want to make the change a few days in advance. Given that Flight Club doesn’t cost me anything I can’t really complain about it not being H24.

Karl53
1st Nov 2023, 18:03
Does anyone know where I could find an updated list with the number of aircraft allocated in each base at the moment?

SWBKCB
5th Nov 2023, 08:48
A question prompted by the Southampton thread, how coo-ordinated are the EZY and EJU operations? Is route planning done seperately or is it a central operation? Presumably EZY Holidays are sold using EJU flights?

ezyBoh
5th Nov 2023, 09:55
A question prompted by the Southampton thread, how coo-ordinated are the EZY and EJU operations? Is route planning done seperately or is it a central operation? Presumably EZY Holidays are sold using EJU flights?

Fleet control, crewing, flight planning and ATC slot management for all fleets, EZY, EJU & SWISS are done by the same team based at LTN with some input for SWISS crewing from a small GVA based team. Route planning is overseen by a team based at LTN too.

Tonyq
5th Nov 2023, 17:28
Confirmation that the A319s are all going.

https://simpleflying.com/easyjet-phase-out-airbus-a319-4-years/?fbclid=IwAR1CoyF-1et22cN17W5BKcayHETw8S8px_r9LD7VI7mh7ZNtf7-xp0hzROU

I appreciate that the above article quotes Lundgren as saying the A319's will be gone by 2027, but this Trading Update for FY 2023, which is only a couple of weeks old, indicates 2029 (slide 18).

https://corporate.easyjet.com/files/doc_financials/2023/q4/FY-23-Trading-update-slides-new.pdf

cavokblues
5th Nov 2023, 17:55
No denying the 319 has served them well but I'm always surprised (albeit 20+ years later) that they went for the 319 over the 320 in the first place when they decided to switch to Airbus.

MKY661
6th Nov 2023, 09:27
7 of them have also been WFU in the last month or so, with at least another few to go according to Jethro

Skipness One Foxtrot
6th Nov 2023, 09:43
No denying the 319 has served them well but I'm always surprised (albeit 20+ years later) that they went for the 319 over the 320 in the first place when they decided to switch to Airbus.
They were swapping out B737-300s and B737-700s for a similar size though, the first A320 came around five years later in 2009 and I that recall Uncle Stelios was NOT happy, he was all about the dividends....

pabely
6th Nov 2023, 11:20
Does make me wonder if the A320 will be too large for some domestic routes, they have looked at the A220 & E195-E2 in the past.
The joys of single type savings are well known but seems to work OK in US for Breeze & Jet Blue in US.

Albert Hall
6th Nov 2023, 11:27
I wouldn't say it's worked well for Breeze. Looking at their financials and the rate at which they're burning cash, I'm not sure anything is working well for them - their performance makes Norse look positively rosy. Much though I think easyJet's current management team has a lot to answer for, I think it would be a real mistake to move away from the single-type fleet structure.

SWBKCB
6th Nov 2023, 12:23
More chance of the thin routes being dropped - are the economics that much different from 319 and the 320?

cavokblues
6th Nov 2023, 12:28
They were swapping out B737-300s and B737-700s for a similar size though, the first A320 came around five years later in 2009 and I that recall Uncle Stelios was NOT happy, he was all about the dividends....

Yeah, completely. Just they then squeezed on an unprecedented amount of seats onto the 319 that they needed additional emergency exits and still required a 4th cabin crew member.

I guess as you allude, probably the cautious approach with a319's was when Stelios was more influential in the company's decision making process.

Albert Hall
6th Nov 2023, 14:08
Some interesting figures from the CAA website and easyJet's own reports (well, I think they're interesting for what they tell you, anyway).

For the UK AOC only, July 2023 figures show:
A319s operating at 88.4% of seats filled
A320s operating at 87.1% of seats filled
A320Ns operating at 88.3% of seats filled
A321s operating at 89.5% of seats filled
Total is 87.9% for all aircraft variants

This is a pure "bums on seats" measurement. If you look at the reported load factor (seat km used over seat km available or RPK over ASK in airline speak) on which the CAA also report, the load factor is 91.99%. What becomes clear from a comparison of those figures is that their performance on the longer routes is better, and they must have a number of short sectors which are acting as a drag on the overall seat factor. The A321s are generally flown on the longer routes as well, and have a slightly higher seat factor than the rest of the easyJet UK aircraft. easyJet reported a network-wide "bums on seats" seat factor (so UK, Austria and Swiss AOCs all combined and which include seats sold to passengers who didn't travel) of 92.5%.

August figures for the UK AOC:
A319s operating at 90.2% of seats filled
A320s operating at 89.0% of seats filled
A320Ns operating at 89.9% of seats filled
A321s operating at 91.8% of seats filled
Total of 89.7% for all aircraft variants

Again the network RPK/ASK measure produces a figure of 92.6% for that same fleet in August - so the disparity is there again. The easyJet reported network seat factor of 92.5%.

Before anyone says you'd expect this in July/August, don't forget a) how much capacity easyJet deploy from the domestic "business" markets onto leisure routes during this period anyway and b) the trend is much the same for May and June anyway.

The message in here is that the A321s on their long sector runs are doing well, but they have some short-sector flying in the network which is performing quite badly to be able to make a visible dent in the RPK/ASK versus seat factor comparison in this way. It does make you wonder about some of this headlong rush into Belfast City, Southampton and others - although you can't tell what is working and what isn't, some short sector flying very obviously can't be working as it should be. But yet they keep doing more of it!

SWBKCB
6th Nov 2023, 14:19
It does make you wonder about some of this headlong rush into Belfast City, Southampton and others - although you can't tell what is working and what isn't, some short sector flying very obviously can't be working as it should be. But yet they keep doing more of it!

Going back to my A level economics, there are only 24 hours in the day, so if that short domestic sector is making money rather than having the a/c sat on the ground earning nothing isn't it worth doing?

Mind you RYR have announced 95% load factors for September

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-reports-strong-half-year-profits-of-e2-18bndue-to-record-summer-trafficfull-year-pat-of-e10-per-pax-likely-e400m-div-declared/

Albert Hall
6th Nov 2023, 16:11
It’s impossible for anyone other than us to tell tbh. Is it making money for one. How much lower is the baggage and retail spend on a short route ? And by stuffing gaps in your schedule with short flights, what impact does that have on punctuality and reliability on the long flights and so what EU261 would you have across the network?

All I can see is that jet2 have removed almost all such activity from their network with only a very few little bits remaining. My guess is reliability is a reason why they did so, but they’ve reached that conclusion.

davidjohnson6
6th Nov 2023, 21:27
Easyjet has announced a significant number of new routes earlier this evening. It looks like a join-the-dots announcement... nothing particularly surprising. My first reaction was "Meh". You probably know where to get the details.

Is that it for S24 or should one expect another batch later this year, or early next year ?

OzzyOzBorn
7th Nov 2023, 00:34
You probably know where to get the details.

I do, but not everyone will. It's Sean M's 'X' account. The guy puts in the hard yards, we shouldn't begrudge him the credit.

toledoashley
7th Nov 2023, 06:26
Easyjet has announced a significant number of new routes earlier this evening. It looks like a join-the-dots announcement... nothing particularly surprising. My first reaction was "Meh". You probably know where to get the details.

Is that it for S24 or should one expect another batch later this year, or early next year ?

The general convention is another batch in January. (Interesting to note, nothing in Germany where they are expanding easyJet Holiday to, nothing in Paris and very little in Italy).

planedrive
7th Nov 2023, 14:22

I would expect another batch in the next couple of weeks. Also interesting to note that they haven't released flight only options on any of the new 'based' routes out of Birmingham yet, only via holidays.

ATNotts
7th Nov 2023, 14:47
I would expect another batch in the next couple of weeks. Also interesting to note that they haven't released flight only options on any of the new 'based' routes out of Birmingham yet, only via holidays.
I must agree it does seem odd, although I suppose that for the most part independent travellers might be less inclined to book early, and given the "bucket and spade" profile of the routes so far announced for the based fleet, perhaps the imperitive is to maximise package holiday sales before opening up bookings to independent customers.

There appeared to be quite a few "holes" in the initial BHX programme, so perhaps there are new "non sun" routes to be launched to fill them in the not too distant future.

GayFriendly
7th Nov 2023, 15:47
I get the desire to maximise revenue through people booking packages through EZY Holidays and not offer flight only just yet, but surely if that was the case, they'd be doing that from all UK bases? Do people in MAN and BRS book flight only much earlier than those flying from BHX? 🤣

We can only hope that they will be released soon or perhaps, as pointed out in the previous post, the schedule is not yet completed and there are new destinations to be added and therefore timing changes for existing planned routes

Either way, EZY need to be get a wriggle on as FR, LS and TUI have had their BHX S24 flights on sale for a while now.

Or am I starting to sniff a rat? New routes from SOU to FAO and ALC were put on sale today without having to book through EZY Holidays 🤔🤔

Mayfield62
7th Nov 2023, 16:40
New routes I have noticed on the App today are:-

Belfast City to Alicante
Belfast International to Enfidha, Larnaca and Southampton
Bristol to Skiathos
Glasgow to Enfidha, Larnaca and Southampton
Liverpool to Enfidha
London Gatwick to Skiathos
London Luton to Reus
Manchester to Reus and Skiathos
Newcastle to Alicante
Southampton to Alicante and Faro

CabinCrewe
7th Nov 2023, 17:16
GLA-SOU isn’t a new announcement

Mcvicker03
7th Nov 2023, 17:35
New routes I have noticed on the App today are:-

Belfast City to Alicante
Belfast International to Enfidha, Larnaca and Southampton
Birmingham to Alicante, Antalya, Barcelona, Berlin, Corfu, Dalaman, Enfidha, Fuerteventura, Heraklion, Jersey, Kos, Larnaca, Malaga, Rhodes, Sharm el Sheikh and Tenerife South
Bristol to Skiathos
Glasgow to Enfidha, Larnaca and Southampton
Liverpool to Enfidha
London Gatwick to Skiathos
London Luton to Reus
Manchester to Reus and Skiathos
Newcastle to Alicante
Southampton to Alicante and Faro

found nothing in the system mate about Bhx

GayFriendly
7th Nov 2023, 17:37
None of the BHX routes listed are on sale on the app when I just checked 😞

Sotonsean
7th Nov 2023, 19:23
GLA-SOU isn’t a new announcement

BFS-SOU is also not a new announcement.

BFS/GLA-SOU we're both announced in May 2023 and the two routes have already started.

EI-BUD
7th Nov 2023, 21:33
Does make me wonder if the A320 will be too large for some domestic routes, they have looked at the A220 & E195-E2 in the past.
The joys of single type savings are well known but seems to work OK in US for Breeze & Jet Blue in US.
They are clear in their direction,a nice to bigger aircraft. Interjet in Mexico (though there were other week documented issues), suffered with the complexity of adding a new type. It bankrupted WOW adding 330s to a small fleet of 320 family aircraft. Not a good idea and they are already out of step on cost with the competitive set, I can't see them adding new types. The transition to Airbus though it's was good plane etc etc, the nice was a huge distraction and the cut over was less than straightforward. Easier to stick with one type.

kriskross
8th Nov 2023, 08:05
Back in the early days, the first aircraft were some very old B737-300s, then EZY got their brand new 300s, to be followed by the 700 which I was closely involved in introducing. The philosophy from management then was that if the smaller aircraft was full then put on more flights. As the major airports we flew to became more slot constrained, bigger aircraft were needed to take the demand, thus the 320 was introduced. In fact I forecast the use of the 321 as well before I left and long before EZY got any.. We operated the ex-GB airways 320s for a while, but not their 321s. Now the final version of the family has been added and seems to be doing very well.

BristolexFlyer
8th Nov 2023, 08:41
Back in the early days, the first aircraft were some very old B737-300s, then EZY got their brand new 300s, to be followed by the 700 which I was closely involved in introducing. The philosophy from management then was that if the smaller aircraft was full then put on more flights. As the major airports we flew to became more slot constrained, bigger aircraft were needed to take the demand, thus the 320 was introduced. In fact I forecast the use of the 321 as well before I left and long before EZY got any.. We operated the ex-GB airways 320s for a while, but not their 321s. Now the final version of the family has been added and seems to be doing very well.

easyJet absolutely operated some ex-GB A321s.

Kind Regards

BristolexFlyer

Mr @ Spotty M
8th Nov 2023, 10:11
The first aircraft were B737-200s.

Falcon666
8th Nov 2023, 10:24
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/474x308/img_4563_48f2e3e587a3957bae6208b1cb3d3e116d2f1289.jpeg
G-BECH with original phone number

pabely
8th Nov 2023, 11:23
easyJet absolutely operate some ex-GB A321s.

Kind Regards

BristolexFlyer
Operated but quickly got rid of the ex GIB A321CEOs
https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/EasyJet-history-a321.htm

BristolexFlyer
8th Nov 2023, 11:58
Operated but quickly got rid of the ex GIB A321CEOs
https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/EasyJet-history-a321.htm

My bad, missed the ‘d’🫣

Kind regards

BristolexFlyer

pabely
8th Nov 2023, 13:43
My bad, missed the ‘d’🫣

Kind regards

BristolexFlyer
Hey no problem. I recall they may have been IAE V2500 examples rather than CFM so engineering did want to touch them.

Skipness One Foxtrot
8th Nov 2023, 15:25
Progression was quite organic.
1. Leased 2nd hand B737-200s initially on the GB Airways AOC (was meant to be Air Foyle?) 01582 445566
2. 2nd hand B737-300s 0990 29 29 29
3. New build B737-300s easyjet.com
4. New build B737-700s
5. Merged with GO who had a similar old/new B737-300 fleet
6. Went large in a switch to new A319s and dumped Boeing
7. Bought out GB Airways.
8. Up-gauged to A320/ A321s

Funny what you remember.....

ezyBoh
8th Nov 2023, 15:35
Progression was quite organic.
1. Leased 2nd hand B737-200s initially on the GB Airways AOC. 01582 445566
2. 2nd hand B737-300s 0990 29 29 29
3. New build B737-300s easyjet.com
4. New build B737-700s
5. Merged with GO who had a similar old/new B737-300 fleet
6. Went large in a switch to new A319s and dumped Boeing
7. Bought out GB Airways.
8. Up-gauged to A320/ A321s

Funny what you remember.....

Plus ....

Three years after commencing operations from its base at Luton Airport, easyJet bought a 40% stake in TEA Switzerland in March 1998.

I started EZY Oct '98, we worked in BSL initially using the TEA offices etc to manage the small fleet. We opened the LTN OCC/NMC Nov '98. I remember getting excited ar LTN-PMI being launched. 🫣🫣. The rest as they say, is history ....

LGS6753
9th Nov 2023, 08:18
First routes were LTN-Glasgow and Edinburgh. (from £29 each way, hence the phone number)
First international routes were LTN-Nice and Barcelona

inOban
9th Nov 2023, 09:08
I'm surprised that the moderator hasn't moved the last 10 posts into the Aviation History area.

Seljuk
3rd Dec 2023, 07:54
BHX base will opened on 18th March 2024
https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/story/16439/easyjet-to-open-birmingham-base-early-with-more-flights-on-sale

In addition I`ve read that MAN (22nd), BRS (18th), BFS (9th), PMI (8th) and GLA (6th) will each get 1 additional aircraft next summer.

On the other hand EZY will return slots at LGW equivalent 3 based a/c to BA, so only 78 based there the summer compared to 81 this summer.

pabely
3rd Dec 2023, 10:00
On the other hand EZY will return slots at LGW equivalent 3 based a/c to BA, so only 78 based there the summer compared to 81 this summer.
I was told it would be + 321NEOs based and with quite a few 320s replacing 319s, overall not a great loss of seats on offer. There are alot of new aircraft arriving in 2024. Between 2-5 each month in H1.

MKY661
3rd Dec 2023, 11:17
BHX base will opened on 18th March 2024
https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/story/16439/easyjet-to-open-birmingham-base-early-with-more-flights-on-sale

In addition I`ve read that MAN (22nd), BRS (18th), BFS (9th), PMI (8th) and GLA (6th) will each get 1 additional aircraft next summer.

At MAN I also believe that all 22 aircraft will be A320/A320neo compared to 3x A319 and 18x A320/A320neo that operated this summer (Also confirmed by SPD on Twitter)

Tonyq
3rd Dec 2023, 12:24
I was told it would be + 321NEOs based and with quite a few 320s replacing 319s, overall not a great loss of seats on offer. There are alot of new aircraft arriving in 2024. Between 2-5 each month in H1.

According to the fleet projections included in their y/e results presentation in October, the fleet will grow from 326 to 336 by 30/9/2024.

There is only 1 A321NEO due next year, plus another 15 A320NEO due by 9/2024. Some of these are for the OE register.

There are also a further 8 second-hand A320's due, although I think four of these have arrived during October and November.

The same presentation shows a reduction of 14 A319's by 9/2024. Around 13 A319's have been stood down since the end of the Summer, but not all of these are for disposal, and so a few will probably be back.

vectisman
3rd Dec 2023, 13:19
The A319s have been mainly removed from Gatwick and several have been sent for scrapping. The Gatwick base will be smaller next summer after the operational difficulties
experienced in summer 2023. 3 A320s from Gatwick are going to Birmingham to establish the base at that airport.
The reduction at Gatwick is partly to improve operational resilience and also due to the returning of leased slots to BA. Already 90 have been returned for summer 2024 with another
140 to be returned over the next year or so. That is the equivalent of about 16 round trips per day. I believe easyjet will introduce more A321s at Gatwick to maintain capacity.
The second hand examples mentioned above are mainly transfers from their European registered company.

Tonyq
3rd Dec 2023, 20:04
The second hand examples mentioned above are mainly transfers from their European registered company.

What you say is partly correct.

There were several ex-Air Berlin A320's moved from 'OE' to 'G' prior to the 2023 Summer season, and couple of ex-'G''s were restored. But there are several genuine 'second-hand' aircraft added to both EZY and EJU fleets, which came from Japan.

The numbers in their results presentation suggest there are more to come over the next two years. This is presumably part of the strategy to hasten removal of the A319's

ib26uk
4th Dec 2023, 20:33
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1080x1822/easyjet_flights_fa2a2b643d1beae517959fe57392700f84f07d1f.jpg

andymartin
10th Dec 2023, 14:21
Looks like G-UZHS went tech on arrival in ACE yesterday evening, hasn't moved since

Seljuk
17th Jan 2024, 17:12
8th aircraft for NAP
https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/story/16678/easyjet-basa-il-suo-ottavo-aereo-a-napoli-lorenzo-lagorio-mai-cos-grandi-in-campania

Albert Hall
29th Jan 2024, 15:34
Has anyone else read the easyJet Q1 results? On the face of it, it all sounds bright and cheery - marginal improvement in losses for Oct/Nov/Dec and positive noise about forward bookings. You then read on down the announcement - cash and money market deposits has dropped hugely. They were at £3.0bn last year and have repaid an E500mn bond - so about £426 million of debt repayment which would mean that cash should be about £2.5bn this year. It's actually fallen to £1.9bn, which is a further big shift beyond the debt repayment. There's no explanation for it - if forward bookings are indeed ahead of last year then cash should be up?

Jamie236
29th Jan 2024, 16:33
Do we know when any new A321 are due to the fleet? I see quite a few A320 arriving but no A321 for a while.

toledoashley
29th Jan 2024, 16:42
Has anyone else read the easyJet Q1 results? On the face of it, it all sounds bright and cheery - marginal improvement in losses for Oct/Nov/Dec and positive noise about forward bookings. You then read on down the announcement - cash and money market deposits has dropped hugely. They were at £3.0bn last year and have repaid an E500mn bond - so about £426 million of debt repayment which would mean that cash should be about £2.5bn this year. It's actually fallen to £1.9bn, which is a further big shift beyond the debt repayment. There's no explanation for it - if forward bookings are indeed ahead of last year then cash should be up?

I do have doubts about how honest the travel industry as a whole is being about current/forward sales.

Tonyq
29th Jan 2024, 16:55
Do we know when any new A321 are due to the fleet? I see quite a few A320 arriving but no A321 for a while.

According to the results presentation in 9/23 only one is due in 2024, and that is for EJU.

Skipness One Foxtrot
29th Jan 2024, 17:07
"EU registered company" surely, I know Luton seems like an alien world to many of us but it's still in Europe... :p

Busflyer007
6th Feb 2024, 07:10
Hi Everyone,

Can someone please provide info about the yearly/hours what Easyjet FOs fly in European bases?

Thank you.

davidjohnson6
14th Feb 2024, 13:47
Official announcement of Salerno as a destination imminent ?
https://italiavola.com/2024/02/14/easyjet-salerno-e-nella-tendina-destinazioni/

sergy2k
14th Feb 2024, 14:13
Official announcement of Salerno as a destination imminent ?
https://italiavola.com/2024/02/14/easyjet-salerno-e-nella-tendina-destinazioni/

Fingers crossed. Volotea already announced routes to Nantes, Cagliari with Catania and Verona to follow in the winter. Given the potential catchment area of Salerno Airport, the routes should be a success with the right marketing. I'm assuming the runway has been extended enough to allow an A320 to reach London for example?

fanrailuk
20th Feb 2024, 17:08
easyJet named ‘Official Airline’ of Eurovision Song Contest (http://eurovision.tv/story/easyjet-named-official-airline-eurovision-song-contest)

…with CPH being the real winner here :ok:

brian70
25th Feb 2024, 11:22
They’ve all been removed to improve the service as it was a bit hit and miss. When working it was good, but the units had reliability issues so they’ve gone back to the manufacturer to be resolved rather than plodding on with a poor service.
Has the issue with these been resolved yet or are they not likely to be re-installed now?

Expo737
26th Feb 2024, 09:32
It's gone very quiet on that front Brian, a good few months ago we were told that they were bringing a few units back to try out but haven't heard anything since.

ALEXGVA
29th Feb 2024, 10:49
New routes and new airport

Amsterdam-Newcastle
Amsterdam-Krakow

Salerno-Milan MXP
Salerno-Geneva
Salerno-Basel
Salerno-Berlin
Salerno-London LGW

ALEXGVA
1st Mar 2024, 18:55
Also 2 new routes from Nice

Nice-Agadir
Nice-Prague

pabely
2nd Mar 2024, 20:35
A few departments consolidaing at 800 Capability Green near Luton Airport.
I take it the HO project by Vauxhall Way pre-covid it dead now, maybe more money leasing to site for Car Parking.

lfc84
2nd Mar 2024, 22:26
I take it the HO project by Vauxhall Way pre-covid it dead now, maybe more money leasing to site for Car Parking.
https://www.lsh.co.uk/explore/research-and-views/news/2024/february/easyjet-holidays-touches-town-at-capability-green

easyflyer83
3rd Mar 2024, 00:42
It's gone very quiet on that front Brian, a good few months ago we were told that they were bringing a few units back to try out but haven't heard anything since.

I believe the trial for them being reintroduced is taking place on a few of the Swiss fleet.AFAIK, the plan is for a summer roll out.

pabely
3rd Mar 2024, 06:18
https://www.lsh.co.uk/explore/research-and-views/news/2024/february/easyjet-holidays-touches-town-at-capability-green
Holidays have moved from Building 500, some other departments are consolidated on the top floor - nice view if airplanes landing on 07.

Captain_Caveman
3rd Mar 2024, 14:43
Holidays have moved from Building 500, some other departments are consolidated on the top floor - nice view if airplanes landing on 07.

no one has moved yet,
ICC will move from the academy over the next few weeks then holidays will move from building 500 once their floors are kitted out. And yes the views are very nice thanks :)

Denti
3rd Mar 2024, 18:18
Hi Everyone,

Can someone please provide info about the yearly/hours what Easyjet FOs fly in European bases?

Thank you.

Would think it depends on base and how active you want to be swapping duties. In BER you can do as close to 900 as humanly possible as there are mostly SFOs who want to get rid of their long duty days. Elsewhere between 650 and 870 hours, again depending on how active you are in the swap groups. Based on full time, in the seasonal bases it is considerably less, however rank progression is based on time in company, not hours (well, in FAO at least), except for command of course.

Captain_Caveman
7th Mar 2024, 11:58
Just looking at Easyjet Holidays website and noticed that there is nothing listed between November and March from BHX. Bristol has availability all winter.

Is the BHX base summer only?

No, the base is all year round.

ATNotts
7th Mar 2024, 12:01
No, the base is all year round.
Thanks, I just rechecked using a different route into the website and found flights.

I have deleted my post, clearly I need more practice using the internet!

Lawrence2725
8th Mar 2024, 11:59

I have also wondered about this. With the shift to more WFH since the pandemic, I don't think a single, combined office is needed for at least the next few years (although it would be nice).

tonyb
8th Mar 2024, 12:35
Ant idea when the next flight release is for 2025?

SouthernAlliance
8th Mar 2024, 15:36
Told it was Thursday 7th but clearly not

MKY661
21st Mar 2024, 12:54
Winter 2024/25 now on sale, up to 2nd March 2025

Skipness One Foxtrot
21st Mar 2024, 16:26
A319 Introduction Question
Updating some records and I just noticed something I had missed. When easyJet were first introducing the A319, they had G-EZES on display at Farnborough 2004 as F-WWBD/ES on the nose doors.
It seems to have been delivered to EZY on 4th Oct and off to EZS in Switzerland as HB-JZJ three days later. Anyone know if it ever flew under it's UK reg and operated for easyJet in that period? Or was it really NTU?

MKY661
22nd Mar 2024, 00:31
It appears Bilbao may be getting dropped from the UK network after October 2024, as SPD_Travels has reported that MAN-BIO is not bookable for Holidays in 2025, and a further search from myself shows that BRS-BIO and LGW-BIO also don’t appear to have Holidays in 2025 at this moment in time. No idea if GVA-BIO and MXP-BIO will be affected.

Will be a shame if true as I find to be a nice city.

Welshtraveller
23rd Mar 2024, 19:15
It appears Bilbao may be getting dropped from the UK network after October 2024, as SPD_Travels has reported that MAN-BIO is not bookable for Holidays in 2025, and a further search from myself shows that BRS-BIO and LGW-BIO also don’t appear to have Holidays in 2025 at this moment in time. No idea if GVA-BIO and MXP-BIO will be affected.

Will be a shame if true as I find to be a nice city.

I hope the route continues. Why are they thinking of withdrawing the route? If you have any additional updates let me know.

DomyDom
24th Mar 2024, 07:31
I hope the route continues. Why are they thinking of withdrawing the route? If you have any additional updates let me know.
Could it be that BIO was a summer route only? If so we wouldn't expect it to be on sale yet and it may just be that travel companies may hold off booking until dates and times are available.I agree BIO is a great city. I was really impressed when I visited it using EZY a few years ago.

Welshtraveller
24th Mar 2024, 09:37
Could it be that BIO was a summer route only? If so we wouldn't expect it to be on sale yet and it may just be that travel companies may hold off booking until dates and times are available.I agree BIO is a great city. I was really impressed when I visited it using EZY a few years ago.

It’s a summer route but it’s strange you can’t book a package holiday for next year even though the flights are not released. I love Bilbao as well, hope to see more of Northern Spain next year.

SWBKCB
30th Mar 2024, 17:33
If you read through the threads in this forum, there is often the implication that easyJet are a cut above the other LCC's - the broadsheet readers choice. Having suffered their appalling customer service after being dumped in Barcelona a number of years ago, I've always struggled with this a bit - but admit I might be a bit biased :rolleyes:.

Any evidence that supports the common perception that they are better than the rest?

1pudding1
30th Mar 2024, 18:08
Common perception is all that is required! Marketing/advertising bods doing their stuff. :ok:

30th Mar 2024, 19:30
It's very hard to say because being a cut above the rest involves things going wrong less than the others (which is hard to judge) and things going wrong being dealt with better than the others (which is hard to know unless you fly a wide choice of airlines so much that you regularly find things going wrong.

While I say this failing my own test of being a valid person to comment, I suspect they might be. I fly with them once a month and the only time anything has gone wrong (5 hour delay as Glasgow techs didn't have a component and they therefore needed to call a standby crew and bring an aircraft from Gatwick) the meal voucher arrived pretty instantly and the EU money within about 5 days and without any quibbling. On that basis they would at least count as better than Wizz, but I'm not sure if that counts for anything! The only time I've had to contact them (apply easyJet+ number to existing booking) the webchat was fairly instant and competent, but again I'm not sure how much that counts for!

On the other hand I've never had anything go wrong with Ryanair or Air Baltic in the first place, but then I only fly with them twice a year.

2Planks
31st Mar 2024, 15:33
I have friends on the 2144 DLM-MAN (now stopping at Milan). The 2143 seemed to have a couple of goes this morning at MAN before a 3 hour delay for a pax issue. Any ideas?

MKY661
31st Mar 2024, 17:40

Manchester was Year Round, although they did have a brief period during January when the route wasn't operating (this was not the case in 2023).

DanielP
1st Apr 2024, 14:13
Hi,
Just a quick technical question about Akureyri airport and how Easyjet fly it. Had a really fun flight into runway 01 on 23/03. This approach is slightly crazy, dropping into a glacial valley. I'm fairly sure that the pilots used the displaced localiser and only lined up with the runway 4 miles out. Would this always be what Easyjet pilots use, rather than the ILS with the steep 5.3 degree approach?

Daniel

Expo737
1st Apr 2024, 16:24
I have friends on the 2144 DLM-MAN (now stopping at Milan). The 2143 seemed to have a couple of goes this morning at MAN before a 3 hour delay for a pax issue. Any ideas?

Passenger was taken ill and it returned to stand, due to the length of the duty the crew can't operate the full trip with that delay and thus the need to night-stop.

Flightrider
12th Apr 2024, 16:53
I see easyJet has just agreed a pay deal with cabin crew, with a 20% rise in basic pay over the next 18 months.

Although it's a big step, the element of this which caught my eye was around delay pay. If a flight is more than an hour late, every cabin crew member gets £15 and if it goes over two hours late, the payment doubles. Isn't this just a sure-fire way of making sure that any delay of 50 minutes turns into a delay of an hour, and every delay of just less than two hours turns into a delay of more than two hours? I can't believe anyone in airline management would be so fundamentally stupid as to sign up to something like this, but someone clearly has. Absolutely potty.

Bradley Hardacre
12th Apr 2024, 17:39
Cabin Crew 1 Passengers 0
Since when has any UK Company been remotely concerned by the interests of the customers.

easyflyer83
12th Apr 2024, 17:40
I see easyJet has just agreed a pay deal with cabin crew, with a 20% rise in basic pay over the next 18 months.

Although it's a big step, the element of this which caught my eye was around delay pay. If a flight is more than an hour late, every cabin crew member gets £15 and if it goes over two hours late, the payment doubles. Isn't this just a sure-fire way of making sure that any delay of 50 minutes turns into a delay of an hour, and every delay of just less than two hours turns into a delay of more than two hours? I can't believe anyone in airline management would be so fundamentally stupid as to sign up to something like this, but someone clearly has. Absolutely potty.

It already exists. £35 for any delays over 2 hours. Are you suggesting crews should work extra hours for free?

Flightrider
12th Apr 2024, 19:00
Fundamentally if you get delayed, then it’s the same as any other airline and you crack on, get the job done and accept it’s part and parcel of airline life. If you’re telling me that this is the norm already, it speaks volumes about easyJet OTP.

lfc84
12th Apr 2024, 19:06

COme back here with evidence of the OTP across the network and then try and tell me crews are deliberately making departures go over the threshold.............

easyflyer83
13th Apr 2024, 09:14
Fundamentally if you get delayed, then it’s the same as any other airline and you crack on, get the job done and accept it’s part and parcel of airline life. If you’re telling me that this is the norm already, it speaks volumes about easyJet OTP.

It’s rare to get the 2 hour payment. Plus, easyJet crews get sector pay which is a set pay based on sector length. Some airlines get flight pay which is based on a hourly rate. So by your reckoning, those crews must stretch out their day to secure more pay?

inOban
22nd Apr 2024, 22:23
How are the summer med bases staffed? Are they all EU residents or are UK citizens allowed to work there?

FlyboyUK
23rd Apr 2024, 08:11
To work at any EU base whether seasonal or not, as a UK citizen you’d need the right to live and work in that country as well as an EASA ATPL

cherokee leader
23rd Apr 2024, 11:10
How are the summer med bases staffed? Are they all EU residents or are UK citizens allowed to work there?
All operated by EasyJet Europe, so crewed from established EU bases.

Twitterati
23rd Apr 2024, 13:00
On pathetic seasonal contracts no one wants

inOban
23rd Apr 2024, 13:05
Thanks for the info.