PDA

View Full Version : A320 QRH

OnBlocks35
5th Apr 2020, 13:39
I’m looking for some advice on use of the A320 QRH. I am new to the aircraft and I am under the illusion that QRH checklists titles are something that need to be memorised so that you can ask for the QRH checklist at the appropriate time... or do I have this wrong? Maybe it’s acceptable to consult the QRH when something goes wrong to see if there is a QRH procedure? Any advice to help clear this up is appreciated. Thanks

Denti
8th Apr 2020, 17:32
Quite honestly, yes, i still check if there is a procedure for stuff that is not done that often. The main things one should know of course, those with the big black blocks around the title. But it is a good idea to repeatedly browse through the QRH to become familiar with the contents, be it the abnormal procedure lists, inflight performance (often faster than an EFB for a rough idea), current set of OEBs on your fleet and the additional info in ops data and supp info.

FlightDetent
8th Apr 2020, 17:58
Correct. Additionally check FCOM PRO-ABN-ABN-00 "B: PROCEDURE LAYOUT" - PROCEDURE TITLE. You will see there are procedures either on ECAM or in the QRH. Knowing which ABNs are to be found inside QRH is a required skill for the black belt.

And not only those: Being acclimatized to using the paper form on the line and quickly flip pages to find the tables I was looking for visually, I have recently quite embarrassed yours truly with being unable to locate the Fuel Penalty Factors inside PDF on an iPad.

Imagine, on non ECAM aeroplanes it was by order of magnitude worse. If you did not know a NNC such as "Gear Lever Would not Move Up after Take-off" even existed be assured it is very hard to execute it in timely manner ;-)