PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 Hold Pool

Pages : 1 2 [3]

skianyn vannin
19th Sep 2023, 08:44
Any reason why you didnt take the offer of BRS or LGW that you would've been offered? Or were you BER
I was based in NCL. I didn't take LGW or BRS as I'd spent 6 years commuting in the past, and I'd had a belly full of it. Looks like it turned out to be a bad decision.

Mr Good Cat
19th Sep 2023, 17:20
I was based in NCL. I didn't take LGW or BRS as I'd spent 6 years commuting in the past, and I'd had a belly full of it. Looks like it turned out to be a bad decision.

I think the reason your application was taken no further may have been the amount of mandatory training required (3 years or more away from the plane is a full type rating at our ATO). The other issue may be that you would need accept a base at MAN or BHX which would still be a commute. Management are understandably strict on the 90 minute rule for basing, as we can't afford the knock on effect of late flights due to late crew (happened in the past).

If you could manage to get a gig at another A320 operator in the meantime, I'm sure the recruitment guys would entertain another application once you're current. I know that we really need Captains on the 'bus fleet.

AirbusP1
22nd Sep 2023, 11:25
Could I ask how much sector pay does an Airbus Captain at Manchester or Birmingham earn on average? (full time). I imagine this will vary as more Airbuses are delivered?

AirbusP1
23rd Sep 2023, 07:09
Could I ask how much sector pay a full time Airbus Captain earns on average?
Apologies for the second post, new to this. Didn't realise moderators check every post.

737 Jockey
25th Sep 2023, 06:57
Could I ask how much sector pay does an Airbus Captain at Manchester or Birmingham earn on average? (full time). I imagine this will vary as more Airbuses are delivered?

At the moment, not much, as new Airbus pilots are sitting at home and just flying the odd sector to remain current once they’ve finished line training. Delay in Airbus deliveries means they are training aircraft for the foreseeable future.

I’ve been told to expect about £12k pa in sector pay, that’s as CP on the 737, but we are all paid the same. Sector pay, per diems etc. all detailed accurately on PPJN.

AirbusP1
25th Sep 2023, 12:57
Thanks for the reply 737 Jockey:ok:

Pilotman14
28th Sep 2023, 19:36
Hi all,
my current airline has a notice period of 4 months, which I think is fairly high. Would Jet2 be put off by such a long notice period?

737 Jockey
28th Sep 2023, 20:10
On my OCC we were all on 3 month notice period. We were issued with a job offer/contract very quickly after assessment with minimum time to accept as they’d scheduled our OCC to fit in with said notice period. Depends on training schedule/resource, but I doubt it’ll be an issue.

midnight cruiser
28th Sep 2023, 21:17
Hi all,
my current airline has a notice period of 4 months, which I think is fairly high. Would Jet2 be put off by such a long notice period? It would be hypocritical if they did - they apparently also demand 4 months ... and a (partly non reducing) bond for already type rated pilots! No thanks. Ain't it funny how they want OCCs to start pronto (you were all the standard max three months notice - that's nice for jet2!), but should the pilot want to leave jet2, it's a different kettle of fish! I know when I did some screening of CVs, 3 months notice - maybe ok, one month (fairly standard in EU) - top of the pile, 4 months, forget it.

Pilotman14
2nd Oct 2023, 15:51
It would be hypocritical if they did - they apparently also demand 4 months ... and a (partly non reducing) bond for already type rated pilots! No thanks. Ain't it funny how they want OCCs to start pronto (you were all the standard max three months notice - that's nice for jet2!), but should the pilot want to leave jet2, it's a different kettle of fish! I know when I did some screening of CVs, 3 months notice - maybe ok, one month (fairly standard in EU) - top of the pile, 4 months, forget it.
So what your saying is that I am basically trapped at my current employer haha

Pilotman14
2nd Oct 2023, 15:52
On my OCC we were all on 3 month notice period. We were issued with a job offer/contract very quickly after assessment with minimum time to accept as they’d scheduled our OCC to fit in with said notice period. Depends on training schedule/resource, but I doubt it’ll be an issue.
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully not an issue :)

Captain Biggles 101
20th Oct 2023, 11:17
What start dates are people getting LHS, are they filling up a hold pool or giving quick start dates?

AirbusP1
20th Oct 2023, 12:16
For me, start date was 7 weeks after passing the assessment, 3 months notice. DEC A321.

737 Jockey
25th Oct 2023, 06:47
Year round Pilot recruitment has been confirmed in a recent meeting.

Oasis
25th Oct 2023, 20:21
Is there a whatsapp group for the selection? dm is fine, cheers..

SW1
25th Oct 2023, 23:09
Year round Pilot recruitment has been confirmed in a recent meeting.
Hopefully those already in the pool get a start date soon

Oasis
27th Oct 2023, 09:08
Does anyone here have some examples of rosters at jet2?

Preferably summer and winter to see the difference. I trawled through the comment but haven't been able to get a good indication.

Johnny F@rt Pants
27th Oct 2023, 09:59
Does anyone here have some examples of rosters at jet2?

Preferably summer and winter to see the difference. I trawled through the comment but haven't been able to get a good indication.

It's a variable pattern roster for full timers. some pilots have taken a flexible working option that gives them a set pattern. Summers are busy, but it depends on base as to the number of hours you fly per month, expect somewhere between 70odd and 90odd, winters are quiet, even now with more flying than in the past, you won't fly much but will still be rostered standbys and reserve duties, these are sometimes stood down a day or 2 before if they can see that there is really no need.

Hope that helps.

go-around flap 15
27th Oct 2023, 11:32
My input - as someone that lives just on the border of the 1:30 commute time allowable by the company but chooses to rent a bolthole nearby for consecutive days of flying. Some crew commute 1:30 each way every day. I don't believe this is feasible long term as the fatigue effects on the body are unsustainable in peak summer roster periods (in my opinion having attempted it previously!)

Peak summer: (late June/July/August/early September) I generally manage 60% of the nights in a month in my own bed by driving up to start the run of duties day 1, and driving home after landing the final day. [~15 days a month of flying not incl. standbys]

Spring/Autumn: 80% of nights in my own bed a month. [~8 days of flying per month not incl. standbys]

Winter: 95% of nights per month in my own bed [~3-5 days of flying per month not incl. standbys]

Hope that helps. A word of advice though is that the company has been keen to make sure that those that live on the cusp of/outside the commutable distance as per the contract have made arrangements to stay closer to the airport before a flying/standby duty. There have been instances this year of delays due to crew pushing the limits on the 60 mile / 90 minute rule.

V1_cut
27th Oct 2023, 21:40
Hi everyone, would anyone have any tips for the interview and sim? Been quite some time since i have last tried for a new job

Oasis
28th Oct 2023, 11:20
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

byrdstrike
30th Oct 2023, 21:06
It took a few weeks after the assessment day to get offered a course for my first choice of base. FYI non type rated FOs are being offered 75% contracts if they don’t have any previous Boeing or Airbus experience.

flyboy146
31st Oct 2023, 20:11
My input - as someone that lives just on the border of the 1:30 commute time allowable by the company but chooses to rent a bolthole nearby for consecutive days of flying. Some crew commute 1:30 each way every day. I don't believe this is feasible long term as the fatigue effects on the body are unsustainable in peak summer roster periods (in my opinion having attempted it previously!)

Peak summer: (late June/July/August/early September) I generally manage 60% of the nights in a month in my own bed by driving up to start the run of duties day 1, and driving home after landing the final day. [~15 days a month of flying not incl. standbys]

Spring/Autumn: 80% of nights in my own bed a month. [~8 days of flying per month not incl. standbys]

Winter: 95% of nights per month in my own bed [~3-5 days of flying per month not incl. standbys]

Hope that helps. A word of advice though is that the company has been keen to make sure that those that live on the cusp of/outside the commutable distance as per the contract have made arrangements to stay closer to the airport before a flying/standby duty. There have been instances this year of delays due to crew pushing the limits on the 60 mile / 90 minute rule.

It is not legally enforceable for a company to determine where an employee resides. Even in if it’s in the contract.

Mr Good Cat
31st Oct 2023, 20:23
It is not legally enforceable for a company to determine where an employee resides. Even in if it’s in the contract.

Maybe not, but it is perfectly legal to require a crew member to be no more than 90 minutes travel time to the airport for rest reasons. Ask the CAA.

So you can choose to live as far away as you want but you’d better not have travelled more than 90 mins to work if something goes wrong that day. That’s why the rule is there.

flyboy146
31st Oct 2023, 20:41
Maybe not, but it is perfectly legal to require a crew member to be no more than 90 minutes travel time to the airport for rest reasons. Ask the CAA.

So you can choose to live as far away as you want but you’d better have not have travelled more than 90 mins to work if something goes wrong that day. That’s why the rule is there.

No doubt it is a legal requirement to be well rested for your duty. That judgement is on the crew member only. The 90 minutes is moot and not enforceable.What is the 90 mins based on? One could easily get stuck in traffic on a 60 minute journey which could then take 91 minutes - so what? You call fatigued because it’s “not legal”? Of course not. The CAA would say its based on the judgement of the crew member as it has always been and that’s why it is on the crew member to judge fatigue levels in a non punitive fashion.

SpamCanDriver
1st Nov 2023, 01:59
No doubt it is a legal requirement to be well rested for your duty. That judgement is on the crew member only. The 90 minutes is moot and not enforceable.What is the 90 mins based on? One could easily get stuck in traffic on a 60 minute journey which could then take 91 minutes - so what? You call fatigued because it’s “not legal”? Of course not. The CAA would say its based on the judgement of the crew member as it has always been and that’s why it is on the crew member to judge fatigue levels in a non punitive fashion.

That's why the "90 minutes" is defined in the employment contract

Jonty
1st Nov 2023, 06:42
What you’re both missing is where is “work”? For jet2 it’s the crew room. So if you’re Manchester based and in staff south you can actually only live about 45 mins from the airport for the 90 mins to work.
The whole thing isn’t legally enforceable, but that doesn’t really matter if you want a peaceful existence.

SpamCanDriver
1st Nov 2023, 21:56
What you’re both missing is where is “work”? For jet2 it’s the crew room. So if you’re Manchester based and in staff south you can actually only live about 45 mins from the airport for the 90 mins to work.
The whole thing isn’t legally enforceable, but that doesn’t really matter if you want a peaceful existence.

I dont know what your contract says, but that is not what it says in mine. The 90 mins is based on normal traffic conditions and a maximum distance from the airport.

When you actually have to leave home to get to the crew room in order not to be late for your report, is a separate matter. Which obviously varies on report time, day of the week, road works, security queues etc etc etc

Not sure what you mean by "legally enforceable" but if your place of rest doesn't meet the contractual requirements (which you signed). Then you would be in breach of contract, which could lead to disciplinary actions.

737 Jockey
1st Nov 2023, 22:10
Not sure what the 90 minutes is all about? My contract says, live within 60 miles or 75 mins of base. That’s a duty of care for fatigue purposes. Standby callout is 2 hours.

SpamCanDriver
1st Nov 2023, 23:14
Not sure what the 90 minutes is all about? My contract says, live within 60 miles or 75 mins of base. That’s a duty of care for fatigue purposes. Standby callout is 2 hours.

There are obviously some different/newer? contracts out there.

k737
1st Nov 2023, 23:57
It's nothing to do with contracts, it's to comply with this FTL guidance material:

GM1 CS FTL.1.200 Home base

TRAVELLING TIME

Crew members should consider making arrangements for temporary accommodation closer to their home base if the travelling time from their residence to their home base usually exceeds 90 minutes.

(My underlining)

Of course different contracts may have more restrictive rules and mine certainly did when I joined - whether those are enforceable is debatable.

To paraphrase Mr Good Cat, live wherever you want but if you have an incident then it would be wise to have proof that you didn't drive in that day from your house that's 2 hours away. I've had a letter from Jet2 asking me to consider my accommodation arrangements, as the permanent address they held for me was 5 hours travel time from my base, so they must audit it occasionally. As ever, it's unlikely to be a problem until other factors make it a problem.

I honestly don't know where it's defined, but I've always been under the impression that the staff car park is the place that matters, not the crew room (as it's so variable by airline and base). Hence why standby callout is 2 hours to the car park. i.e. 30 minutes to get out of the house and your 90 minutes travel time.

SpamCanDriver
2nd Nov 2023, 01:41
It's nothing to do with contracts, it's to comply with this FTL guidance material:

GM1 CS FTL.1.200 Home base

TRAVELLING TIME

Crew members should consider making arrangements for temporary accommodation closer to their home base if the travelling time from their residence to their home base usually exceeds 90 minutes.

(My underlining)

Of course different contracts may have more restrictive rules and mine certainly did when I joined - whether those are enforceable is debatable.

To paraphrase Mr Good Cat, live wherever you want but if you have an incident then it would be wise to have proof that you didn't drive in that day from your house that's 2 hours away. I've had a letter from Jet2 asking me to consider my accommodation arrangements, as the permanent address they held for me was 5 hours travel time from my base, so they must audit it occasionally. As ever, it's unlikely to be a problem until other factors make it a problem.

I honestly don't know where it's defined, but I've always been under the impression that the staff car park is the place that matters, not the crew room (as it's so variable by airline and base). Hence why standby callout is 2 hours to the car park. i.e. 30 minutes to get out of the house and your 90 minutes travel time.

I'm sorry but it is to do with contracts, it's stipulated in mine.
The reason it's stipulated in the employment contracts, is because of the fatigue management scheme, which is based on the guidance issued from EASA you quoted.

Anyway that's enough thread drift from me

dhc1180
3rd Nov 2023, 00:00
Has anyone here gone from EZY to J2 who can share their opinions for fellow colleagues weighing up options and life considerations for potential ship jumping, before they give up all hope entirely and just take up pig farming or become a local dog walking alcoholic.

Prob30Tempo TSRA
3rd Nov 2023, 16:58
Has anyone here gone from EZY to J2 who can share their opinions for fellow colleagues weighing up options and life considerations for potential ship jumping, before they give up all hope entirely and just take up pig farming or become a local dog walking alcoholic.

Id say go with pig farming over dog walking alco

Chesty Morgan
3rd Nov 2023, 17:27
Goof handful of exEzy at my base. All are happy and looking forward to the 'Bus.

CW247
4th Nov 2023, 09:10
Sorry if it's been mentioned already. What chance for the Airbus at STN in the next year?

737 Jockey
4th Nov 2023, 09:18
Sorry if it's been mentioned already. What chance for the Airbus at STN in the next year?

Think it has been mentioned above. 2026 is the earliest date for the bus at STN unfortunately. EDI is set to receive 3 next year I believe. With the 4/5 hour sectors of our bread & butter Canaries/Turkey/Greek routes, the 321 will be a very welcome work environment going forward.

santacruz
4th Nov 2023, 09:21
GLA is next for the bus after EDI I believe.

Oasis
4th Nov 2023, 12:52
I have an assessment coming up for DEC.

Where could I go to find out about the simulator profile?
Anything special for the interview day itself, group exercises or quizzes to be done?
What are the chances of a BRS basing?

Thanks in advance..

DCT_ELSIR
4th Nov 2023, 13:31
Just trying to gauge how long NTR FO have been swimming recently following successful assessment? Thanks for any info.

Chesty Morgan
4th Nov 2023, 18:03

Anything special for the interview day itself, group exercises or quizzes to be done?

Thanks in advance..
Can't help with the sim or interview but BRS is short in both seats so probably a fair chance.

Oasis
5th Nov 2023, 07:25
Can't help with the sim or interview but BRS is short in both seats so probably a fair chance.
Thank you!

JM926
5th Nov 2023, 07:40
BRS in the rhs has a small waiting list I think. A few apprentices who wanted BRS as first officers are having to go elsewhere and put their names on the transfer list.

in the LHS they are very short in BRS so don’t think you’d have any issue getting that base

Thanks in advance..

Oasis
5th Nov 2023, 09:35
Thanks a lot, that looks promising!

dhc1180
5th Nov 2023, 11:39
Any timescales on the BUS being based at EMA?

marcus1290
6th Nov 2023, 15:22
Any timescales on the BUS being based at EMA?

Its not been mentioned, but I doubt it'll be within the next 5 years, if ever.

Prob30Tempo TSRA
6th Nov 2023, 16:32
Are there many non TR DEC going to selection or have they enough existing 737/320 folk trying to get in ?

SW1
6th Nov 2023, 17:01
Plenty of TR awaiting start dates/ contracts for the Airbus according to a “friend”.

TheFiddler
6th Nov 2023, 20:38
but I doubt it'll be within the next 5 years, if ever.

J2 will be all Airbus within 10 years, maybe even 5.

737 Jockey
7th Nov 2023, 15:08
Ooh, I do hope so!

Big Tudor
7th Nov 2023, 15:18

34 of the B737-800’s are less than 8 years old and were some of the last of the NG aircraft off the production line. Can’t see Jet2 offloading these before they have had a return on the investment, certainly not in the next 5 years.

852pilot
7th Nov 2023, 15:57
34 of the B737-800’s are less than 8 years old and were some of the last of the NG aircraft off the production line. Can’t see Jet2 offloading these before they have had a return on the investment, certainly not in the next 5 years.

Agreed. I was told the buses are expansions.

marcus1290
7th Nov 2023, 20:52

No, we won't.

Sharklet7
9th Nov 2023, 21:39
It took a few weeks after the assessment day to get offered a course for my first choice of base. FYI non type rated FOs are being offered 75% contracts if they don’t have any previous Boeing or Airbus experience.

Can anyone explain the 75% contract? Is this a 25% reduced salary to allow company to recoup type rating and training costs or is it something else?

Thanks

Jonty
10th Nov 2023, 13:00
Can anyone explain the 75% contract? Is this a 25% reduced salary to allow company to recoup type rating and training costs or is it something else?

Thanks
It's a part time contract. 75% pay for 75% of a full time contract. Think all the time off is in the winter.

Mr Good Cat
11th Nov 2023, 10:45

Thanks

It's a 12-month 'penalty' for want of a better word, reflecting the fact you don't yet have time on big jets. You'll do a full summer and then have the deepest part of winter off. You should have a full time contract at the 12 months point since final line check I think. That's the way it's always worked in the past. I guess the idea is that there's a higher chance those candidates require more training input than those with time on jets >55 tons?

Mr Good Cat
11th Nov 2023, 10:48

Jet2 have announced they are retrofitting 50 737s (ish?) with split scimitar winglets, at significant cost. I doubt they'll be moving those 50 on very soon.

There also said they want to be a 200 airframe operation within 10 years (2 years ago they said that anyway) which means 146 Aibus on order plus 50-plus older 737s. Makes sense to me.

DP97
13th Nov 2023, 13:07
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone (current J2 pilots / colleagues etc) might have any info on the next iteration of the Pilot Apprentice Scheme? Been looking on their webpage daily for months!

Cheers!

TheFiddler
13th Nov 2023, 19:51
Jet2 have announced they are retrofitting 50 737s (ish?) with split scimitar winglets, at significant cost. I doubt they'll be moving those 50 on very soon.

Really - I haven't seen that anywhere, must have missed it. Could you point me to the announcement?

All the talk in the two training centres from senior management currently would indicate the Boeings days are numbered way quicker than people think....

Jonty
14th Nov 2023, 08:42
Just to go off on a tangent, the big question for Boeing is what's next after the 737MAX? Airbus have the 321XLR and a constant improvement program. What do Boeing have?

I think a lot of senior airline management are asking that question right now.

Oasis
18th Nov 2023, 11:54
Whats the typical amount of days of a month i could expect and are they sprinkled throughout the month or can you get it in blocks?
What service offers the best interview prep? (have never done a group execise)

Johnny F@rt Pants
19th Nov 2023, 09:03
Whats the typical amount of days of a month i could expect and are they sprinkled throughout the month or can you get it in blocks?

The minimum days off is either 8 or 9 per month, can't remember exactly but that's close enough. As a line pilot you'll get pretty much that in the summer and more than that in the winter to give you your contracted days off per year. The spread of the days off is mixed, usually 2 or 3 consecutive days off in the summer, maybe more occasionally in the winter. You can pre-book 3 request days off a month unless you work a flexible roster with a fixed pattern.

Chesty Morgan
19th Nov 2023, 12:05
Yes I think the minimum is now 9 but through this summer I've been getting about 12.

Also a duty rest period or whatever they're called after a late or series of lates is essentially a day off but not counted towards your days off.

Sharklet7
19th Nov 2023, 12:51
With regards to the airbus order and deliveries does anyone have any insight as to when they are scheduled to arrive and to which bases they will be assigned?

Whitemonk Returns
19th Nov 2023, 20:41
With regards to the airbus order and deliveries does anyone have any insight as to when they are scheduled to arrive and to which bases they will be assigned?

Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and then the rest of the bases, they slowly arrive over the next 18 months and then 2 a month into infinity after that.

maxpeck
5th Dec 2023, 08:52
Is there any chance of EDI if you fly the 737 as an FO, or is this looking less likely now the Airbus is going to be placed there? Would be great not to have to commute again.

Thanks

Vistan
9th Dec 2023, 08:42
Does anyone have details on the bond for NTR FOs? What’s the value of it, over what period, and does it reduce over that period?

MonarchOrBust
14th Dec 2023, 16:22
So, I've been rejected twice in a year now without an assessment. A320 TRd skipper with 7,000 total and 2,000 PIC. My choice of bases has been STN, BHX and MAN. I know guys applying and interviewing in the space of a month. Is there something undesirable on my CV perhaps? Anyone know what it might be or had a similar experience? I'm a Brit with a UK license and have worked for a similar operator in the past, last 5 years has seen me work for more airlines than I would've liked, so the CV is a bit "jumpy" but hardly my fault?

dhc1180
14th Dec 2023, 17:30
So, I've been rejected twice in a year now without an assessment. A320 TRd skipper with 7,000 total and 2,000 PIC. My choice of bases has been STN, BHX and MAN. I know guys applying and interviewing in the space of a month. Is there something undesirable on my CV perhaps? Anyone know what it might be or had a similar experience? I'm a Brit with a UK license and have worked for a similar operator in the past, last 5 years has seen me work for more airlines than I would've liked, so the CV is a bit "jumpy" but hardly my fault?

Sounds like your cards marked- have you upset someone? I’d take the hint and move on

Basicsteve
14th Dec 2023, 18:40
I know that Jet2 are a somewhat of a boys club , close nit etc…

Chesty Morgan
14th Dec 2023, 19:32
They really aren't.

SpamCanDriver
14th Dec 2023, 20:03

That does seem strange as J2 are absolutely desperate for Airbus rated guys. I wouldn't of thought that working for a few airlines would be an automatic rejection. But I don't know for sure

Could there be another reason?

ScouseGeordie
15th Dec 2023, 07:10
Have you enthused about, or mentioned being active within BALPA in your applications?
BALPA may be recognised within Jet2 but the company is very hostile towards it.

MonarchOrBust
15th Dec 2023, 09:45
Nope, nothing about Balpa. Other stuff maybe.

MangoIO
4th Jan 2024, 11:41
Anyone able to share some information on the ability assessments, and video interview for Jet2 Apprentice Scheme? :)

mrguy
4th Jan 2024, 17:35
Anyone able to share some information on the ability assessments, and video interview for Jet2 Apprentice Scheme? :)

There's a lot of info in the pilot apprentice thread on here. Have you been contacted to complete these for the latest recruitment round?

MangoIO
5th Jan 2024, 10:47
There's a lot of info in the pilot apprentice thread on here. Have you been contacted to complete these for the latest recruitment round?

Not at the moment. Just want to prep for if I'm lucky.

SW1
8th Jan 2024, 16:44
How long have people been swimming on average? rated and current DEC

Mr Good Cat
8th Jan 2024, 18:28

How long you swim can depend on your requirements as well as Jet2's. If you want a specific base rather than relocating and joining a transfer list, you might have to wait until space becomes available. Don't forget, you'll also be behind others who have already joined at a non-preferred base and put themselves on the transfer list.

Either way, expansion will continue over the next 7 years due to orders, so no panic. Just my opinion of course!

dhc1180
8th Jan 2024, 20:08

I interviewed in Nov, got a call in Dec for start date in March. But it clashes with existing leave and booked holiday, which they knew about so I said ideally I’d like a May/June start and they didn’t seem to have any problem with that.

SW1
9th Jan 2024, 11:54
I interviewed in Nov, got a call in Dec for start date in March. But it clashes with existing leave and booked holiday, which they knew about so I said ideally I’d like a May/June start and they didn’t seem to have any problem with that.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting as interviewed in October with sim the next day.Got a call the following day saying I met the benchmark but then radio silence ever since.

dhc1180
9th Jan 2024, 13:54
Thanks for the reply. Interesting as interviewed in October with sim the next day.Got a call the following day saying I met the benchmark but then radio silence ever since.

Yes I think they are slowly getting it together. I understand they’re getting 2-4 Airbus deliveries per month from Jan24 so I expect things will start to move fairly soon.

My call was for BHX base, not sure if MAN is any different. Understand EDI are getting Busses this year also.

Field In Sight
9th Jan 2024, 15:58
Latest we've been told is 6 additional Airbus this year.
2025 is when the Airbus start to got to EDI.
Lots of deliveries from 2025.
Obviously subject to change

dhc1180
9th Jan 2024, 16:50
Latest we've been told is 6 additional Airbus this year.
2025 is when the Airbus start to got to EDI.
Lots of deliveries from 2025.
Obviously subject to change

thanks for the info

SW1
10th Jan 2024, 10:44
And was that for Direct entry Captain? I know FOs getting called quickly but specifically interested in wait times for skippers. BHX my first choice of base as coming from down south.

dhc1180
10th Jan 2024, 12:11
And was that for Direct entry Captain? I know FOs getting called quickly but specifically interested in wait times for skippers. BHX my first choice of base as coming from down south.
yep DEC for me

apin
10th Jan 2024, 19:26
I've seen above that 'year round' pilot recruitment is happening - but does anyone know what periods of the year I could expect to start an intake if successful?

I'd be non type rated, ex military, about 1500 hrs on multi engine, medium weight. Hoping for Manchester, Leeds, maybe Liverpool regardless of type if that info helps.

I have to give a years notice in current job so knowing periods when intakes are /aren't happening would be really helpful!

TheAirMission
11th Jan 2024, 08:50
I've seen above that 'year round' pilot recruitment is happening - but does anyone know what periods of the year I could expect to start an intake if successful?

I'd be non type rated, ex military, about 1500 hrs on multi engine, medium weight. Hoping for Manchester, Leeds, maybe Liverpool regardless of type if that info helps.

I have to give a years notice in current job so knowing periods when intakes are /aren't happening would be really helpful!

A year's notice? You wont be joining Jet2 straight from leaving your current employer if you need a year notice then. You best get used to being able to get at least 3 months notice of a start date. During the interview process they might ask you "when could you start", if you answer "my notice is currently a year", they wont hire you. Might want to investigate how you can leave your current employer within less than a year.

Mr Good Cat
11th Jan 2024, 09:53
A year's notice? You wont be joining Jet2 straight from leaving your current employer if you need a year notice then. You best get used to being able to get at least 3 months notice of a start date. During the interview process they might ask you "when could you start", if you answer "my notice is currently a year", they wont hire you. Might want to investigate how you can leave your current employer within less than a year.

There’s an available route for joining Jet2 from the RAF, despite the notice period. I’m not sure of the eligibility criteria, but I’m sure the recruitment team would have an idea. It may be a case of the poster in question needing more hours or more service though?

UtburVusag
11th Jan 2024, 13:14
Any idea on the Command Upgrade time for new joiners on the Airbus fleet?

TheAirMission
11th Jan 2024, 13:17
There’s an available route for joining Jet2 from the RAF, despite the notice period. I’m not sure of the eligibility criteria, but I’m sure the recruitment team would have an idea. It may be a case of the poster in question needing more hours or more service though?

I was under the assumption he wasn't still in active service, as he said "ex-military' but now you mention it, the 1 year notice does seem possible for military.

apin
11th Jan 2024, 15:11
Just to clarify, I'm current in the military - and haven't done 20 years service so am not eligible for the Managed Pathway scheme. I'll have to apply directly for non type rated first officer.

I'm eligible to hand my notice in from July 2024, which would make me available to work from July 2025. However I can delay the notice to any point, but it will still be a year.

Hopefully Jet2 will let me apply with a long notice period, but if not, it would be really useful to know when during the year Jet 2 do their new pilot course dates- this will allow me to plan handing in my notice. In an ideal world I'd want to start a course September 2026, but I'm not sure if they only start intakes at certain times of the year.

​​

AirbusP1
11th Jan 2024, 16:19
Just to clarify, I'm current in the military - and haven't done 20 years service so am not eligible for the Managed Pathway scheme. I'll have to apply directly for non type rated first officer.

I'm eligible to hand my notice in from July 2024, which would make me available to work from July 2025. However I can delay the notice to any point, but it will still be a year.

Hopefully Jet2 will let me apply with a long notice period, but if not, it would be really useful to know when during the year Jet 2 do their new pilot course dates- this will allow me to plan handing in my notice. In an ideal world I'd want to start a course September 2026, but I'm not sure if they only start intakes at certain times of the year.

​​
Currently I am pretty sure they are running an Airbus course every month for rated pilots, not sure of the numbers on the courses. By September 2026 this could still be the case as by then the NEOs should be arriving at a rate of two per month. As a guess assuming you join in September 2026 there should still be 60+ airframes to be delivered, more if the options are taken up. No airline I have ever worked for has 'set' dates for intakes, courses are programmed to meet a commercial requirement.

Mr Good Cat
13th Jan 2024, 09:54

​​
I'm not sure of the current holding pool expiry date, but I guess it's one year from interview. If that's the case, you might need to delay your interview until AFTER you've started serving your notice, so that you're still in the pool upon leaving the military. The recruitment team would know more, but I think they're probably too busy to answer individual emails. The big push at the moment is for rated A321 pilots, or those requiring a short course from 330s. Non-rated means you're likely to get on to the 737 if you're flexible with basing.

Either way, hope you find out what you need.

apin
16th Jan 2024, 00:01
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated! Current train of thought is to just put the notice in, and apply about 6-8 months out from my expected availability. If I end up in a hold pool, I'll try and find some other work to tide me over until a start date is offered.

Final related question, is Jet2 likely to be picky about how recent the last flight was? I've got the start of a plan to do some travelling for 2-4 months between RAF and starting, just wondering if that's a non-starters as I'll likely be out of a cockpit for 5 months before starting with an airline.

852pilot
16th Jan 2024, 01:04
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated! Current train of thought is to just put the notice in, and apply about 6-8 months out from my expected availability. If I end up in a hold pool, I'll try and find some other work to tide me over until a start date is offered.

Final related question, is Jet2 likely to be picky about how recent the last flight was? I've got the start of a plan to do some travelling for 2-4 months between RAF and starting, just wondering if that's a non-starters as I'll likely be out of a cockpit for 5 months before starting with an airline.

My coursemate’s last flight was early 2020. I dun think last flight is gonna be a problem.

737 Jockey
16th Jan 2024, 09:12
Yep, also know several colleagues that joined last year that hadn’t flown for about 24 months due to Covid redundancies. You’d be competing a full type rating course in any case. Best of luck!

Prob30Tempo TSRA
16th Jan 2024, 20:10
Plenty of jobs about and most airlines don’t seem concerned about the covid hiatus . A lot of colleagues haven’t flown since early 2020.

Bee051
22nd Jan 2024, 15:07
Hi there, just wondering if anyone who has recently entered the holdpool could give a rough indication on how long it took to receive a contract/start date? NTR and flexible with base.

RSQ3Black340
25th Jan 2024, 16:12
sent dm good luck

Hi, I was just looking for any gen on the assessment day and the sim profile if you have. Got my assessment on the bus for TR 320.

cheers

RSQ3Black340
25th Jan 2024, 19:37
Got mine in March, any top tip heads up would be appreciated

AirbusP1
28th Jan 2024, 07:26
Hi there, just wondering if anyone who has recently entered the holdpool could give a rough indication on how long it took to receive a contract/start date? NTR and flexible with base.
8 weeks from passing assessment to getting a phone call with an offer of a start date and contract. 3 months notice.

sleithykeithy
28th Jan 2024, 08:11
8 weeks from passing assessment to getting a phone call with an offer of a start date and contract. 3 months notice.

What time of year was your assessment?

I’ve also passed the Sim/Interview and am awaiting the next call.

AirbusP1
29th Jan 2024, 16:46
April last year

SW1
29th Jan 2024, 17:10
For info Interview and sim conducted October 2023. Still awaiting phone call for start date so youre not alone.

Prob30Tempo TSRA
29th Jan 2024, 17:22
Are you folk airbus ? I understand there’s no NTR dec until further notice

SW1
29th Jan 2024, 19:58
Are you folk airbus ? I understand there’s no NTR dec until further notice

Yes rated and current

Prob30Tempo TSRA
30th Jan 2024, 07:37
-response to a deleted post , no longer relevant -

Pilotman14
31st Jan 2024, 23:31
Anyone know the likeliness/situations with the Leeds/Manchester basing for NTR FO (Boeing)

737 Jockey
1st Feb 2024, 07:58
Anyone know the likeliness/situations with the Leeds/Manchester basing for NTR FO (Boeing)

Looking at the current base transfer list, I’d say you’d have pretty good chance for both, but MAN in particular as it’s our biggest base. It’s a transparent system and they will try to put you in your preferred base asap.

Pilotman14
1st Feb 2024, 10:42
Amazing, thank you :)

Oasis
1st Feb 2024, 13:20
-response to a deleted post , no longer relevant -

thanks!

Sharklet7
1st Feb 2024, 20:09
Looking at the current base transfer list, I’d say you’d have pretty good chance for both, but MAN in particular as it’s our biggest base. It’s a transparent system and they will try to put you in your preferred base asap.
Hi 737jockey,
If you have access and can view the transfer list can you advise how things look for Edinburgh Glasgow or Belfast?
Thanks

Mr Good Cat
1st Feb 2024, 20:47
Hi 737jockey,
If you have access and can view the transfer list can you advise how things look for Edinburgh Glasgow or Belfast?
Thanks

EDI and GLA might be difficult to judge for 737 pilots due to the Airbus introduction. BFS has traditionally had a long list for Captain positions.

Sharklet7
1st Feb 2024, 20:51
EDI and GLA might be difficult to judge for 737 pilots due to the Airbus introduction. BFS has traditionally had a long list for Captain positions.
Thanks for that info. Is it the same story for FO positions for BFS?

737 Jockey
1st Feb 2024, 21:57
According to the latest transfer list there are zero FO/SFO looking for BFS base. It has been a popular base in the past, with little movement, but I know of a skipper who got BFS after just 4 or 5 months after joining last year. The most popular requested base seems to be ALC, which together with PMI have been rumoured to be properly reopening within the next two years.

737 Jockey
1st Feb 2024, 22:02
Hi 737jockey,
Thanks

There seems to be quite a few SFO in GLA currently doing their upgrades which would presumably create FO vacancies there. Currently zero FO looking to transfer into GLA.

One further point is that the FO list in particular is pretty short when you strip out the Airbus Pilots looking to transfer to a base that is currently a 737 only base.

sleithykeithy
2nd Feb 2024, 04:29
I'll quickly jump on the bandwagon here if I may...

Any idea for BRS? Thanks

737 Jockey
2nd Feb 2024, 06:30

Any idea for BRS? Thanks

CP 1 (737), FO 2 - both Airbus. I have no idea whether those pilots wishing to change base requiring a fleet change would go immediately or just wait for the Airbus to arrive at said base?

I am surprised how relatively short the base transfer list is, so must assume that the vast majority get their first base preference on joining, or within a year or so. perhaps a lot of the Airbus pilots in BHX and MAN are either happy there, or waiting for more deliveries to arrive at other bases before making their request. EDI is the next base for Airbus I believe.

Pilotman14
2nd Feb 2024, 10:05
Does anyone know how/ where to practice for the 757 sim?
Struggling to find any sim centers with the EPR guages

737 Jockey
2nd Feb 2024, 10:29

Personally, I wouldn’t worry too much about that. Firstly, from memory, there’s only 3 or 4 EPR values you need to memorise for the sim assessment. Secondly, you may end up on the 737 fixed base sim as we did, having been given the 757 briefing pack to prepare for.

They’re very friendly instructors, looking for basic handling skills, but more importantly CRM and your personality fit into the company.

JackyP
2nd Feb 2024, 23:42
In the holdpool bases requested are NCL MAN LPL. Been in since around Xmas. Anyone in a similar position and anyone with any info on how long it currently takes? TIA :3

SpamCanDriver
3rd Feb 2024, 09:23
CP 1 (737), FO 2 - both Airbus. I have no idea whether those pilots wishing to change base requiring a fleet change would go immediately or just wait for the Airbus to arrive at said base?

I am surprised how relatively short the base transfer list is, so must assume that the vast majority get their first base preference on joining, or within a year or so. perhaps a lot of the Airbus pilots in BHX and MAN are either happy there, or waiting for more deliveries to arrive at other bases before making their request. EDI is the next base for Airbus I believe.

Yes they actively want to get you into your preferred base, unlike some of the competitors.
Majority of people get their chosen base within a year if its not available straight away, although a big influx of ex Flybe has seen a big queue for Belfast

mesh
4th Feb 2024, 12:00

Any idea for BRS? Thanks

still need crew in both seats, welcome :)

rudestuff
4th Feb 2024, 12:11
I'm type rated in that thing and I have no idea what the numbers are either. Just put the lever somewhere in the middle to get the desired outcome.

GAPilot261087
6th Feb 2024, 11:27
Interviewed and Sim passed early Jan. NTR. Have had the email saying I passed but no phone call. Hoping to hear soon (ish) but who knows :) Happy to be waiting for a call none the less!

Prob30Tempo TSRA
6th Feb 2024, 11:30
Interviewed and Sim passed early Jan. NTR. Have had the email saying I passed but no phone call. Hoping to hear soon (ish) but who knows :) Happy to be waiting for a call none the less!

Well done ! Left seat or right ?

GAPilot261087
6th Feb 2024, 11:39
Right seat :) Process was all very nice, everyone dead friendly!

Prob30Tempo TSRA
6th Feb 2024, 12:31
Right seat :) Process was all very nice, everyone dead friendly!

nice one . Enjoy your new position , maybe see you there one day !

THRILLSEEKER
8th Feb 2024, 12:15
How long after the sim assessment do people usually hear whether it's a yes or no?

Bee051
8th Feb 2024, 15:41
How long after the sim assessment do people usually hear whether it's a yes or no?
Did mine on a Tuesday and heard back Friday morning, think that's fairly standard.

maxpeck
9th Feb 2024, 14:43
Just wondering how accurate the latest PPJN update is. Is it true most are on permanent lates and the lifestyle options are not really working out? If only 12.5% of pilots are able to express a preference for earlies or lates, I guess a new entrant can expect a 5/2 roster with the majority of flights being deep nights, landing around 4am?

Mr Good Cat
9th Feb 2024, 15:09
Just wondering how accurate the latest PPJN update is. Is it true most are on permanent lates and the lifestyle options are not really working out? If only 12.5% of pilots are able to express a preference for earlies or lates, I guess a new entrant can expect a 5/2 roster with the majority of flights being deep nights, landing around 4am?

No this is not true. The rosters are random, and you might get a 5/2 during a month, but not all month. A flight landing at 4 am would mean a rest day after so a 5/2 would effectively be ON-ON-REST-ON-REST so 3 duties in 5 days. Earlies could be 5 back to back but you wouldn't get that all month. Most are not on permanent lates, they're on random. Training flights tend to be early, so that results in a higher proportion of lates.

NB This applies to Boeing 737 only. Airbus and 757 are different as small fleets and not very busy currently.

HidekiTojo
9th Feb 2024, 15:12
Have to love Jet2, a landing day now counts as a day off. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time after your 3rd night Dalaman.

737 Jockey
9th Feb 2024, 15:48
Have to love Jet2, a landing day now counts as a day off. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time after your 3rd night Dalaman.

Not sure that’s correct. If you land after 0400 the rest of that day is a DRP - duty rest period. As en example, one week last Summer I did 4 days on, but just 2 days work - PFO DRP LCA DRP… :cool: Even when landing prior to 0400, I had DRP’s too.

With Canaries, Turkey, Cyprus flights etc. it’s easy to burn through the hours meaning that on lates you tend to have less actual working days. A lot of earlies are shorter; Balearics, FAO, AGP etc. which have been utilised as training flights to save trainers hours. Winter is soooooo quiet though :ok:

Oceanic815
9th Feb 2024, 16:29

Unfortunately, whilst PPJN has some accurate info, it is completely uncontrolled. Therefore anyone with a grudge can post anything they like. As has been said before you will get a 5/2 or 6/3 in the summer, but not every week, and it is unlikely they will all be flights, in fact they can’t be. Every one gets some short flights, not just the trainers. The Duty Rest Period after a 4am checkout is a valuable addition. The AM/PM preferences was only trialled last year and has been increased this year. I suspect it will be increased again going forward.

Mr Good Cat
9th Feb 2024, 17:58
Not sure that’s correct. If you land after 0400 the rest of that day is a DRP - duty rest period. As en example, one week last Summer I did 4 days on, but just 2 days work - PFO DRP LCA DRP… :cool: Even when landing prior to 0400, I had DRP’s too.

With Canaries, Turkey, Cyprus flights etc. it’s easy to burn through the hours meaning that on lates you tend to have less actual working days. A lot of earlies are shorter; Balearics, FAO, AGP etc. which have been utilised as training flights to save trainers hours. Winter is soooooo quiet though :ok:

Correct.

The options are:

1. Work earlies and daytime flying but work harder.
2. Work late nights but less hours per month.
3. Have a mix of the two.

Traditionally training has been on earlies, but going forward trainers are able to bid for late flights instead.

As said, Jet2 is all about hard work in the summer and quiet winters. Nothing will change anytime soon as it’s a holiday company. Trainers will work hard all year for obvious reasons, but you can apply for part time once in the company.

maxpeck
10th Feb 2024, 16:30
Thanks for the info, good to know as I struggle with the late flights. Much prefer earlies.

Pilotman14
13th Feb 2024, 11:19
Hey all, bit of a random question. Does anyone know if the current hiring rates will continue into 2025?
Cheers

de fumo in flammam
13th Feb 2024, 15:46
Correct.

The options are:

1. Work earlies and daytime flying but work harder.
2. Work late nights but less hours per month.
3. Have a mix of the two.

Traditionally training has been on earlies, but going forward trainers are able to bid for late flights instead.

As said, Jet2 is all about hard work in the summer and quiet winters. Nothing will change anytime soon as it’s a holiday company. Trainers will work hard all year for obvious reasons, but you can apply for part time once in the company. Hmm, that's not quite the position that was related to me, namely that applications for earlies had a very low approval rate, maybe ditto part time, which also is a significant pay cut.. So expect boring deep lates, and work days only limited by the fact that hours in the May-sept hit close on 100 hours. He didn't particularly like it there, which seems to tally with another guy here on pprune, who disliked it so much he left a 757 command to go EK FO.

Basicsteve
13th Feb 2024, 16:09
Hmm, that's not quite the position that was related to me, namely that applications for earlies had a very low approval rate, maybe ditto part time, which also is a significant pay cut.. So expect boring deep lates, and work days only limited by the fact that hours in the May-sept hit close on 100 hours. He didn't particularly like it there, which seems to tally with another guy here on pprune, who disliked it so much he left a 757 command to go EK FO.

people like different things ….

Chesty Morgan
13th Feb 2024, 16:14
And it appears he disliked the 7 other months of the year NOT doing nearly 100 hours...

de fumo in flammam
13th Feb 2024, 16:17
Funny you should say that - he did say he disliked it - bored watching the rain, but still on standbys which they still filled the roster up with. Depends on your circumstances, hobbies and ability to go on term time winter holidays I guess - ok for me.

SpamCanDriver
13th Feb 2024, 16:22
Funny you should say that - he did dislike it - bored watching the rain, but still on standbys which they still filled the roster up with. Depends on your circumstances and hobbies I guess - ok for me.

I can only speak for myself, but as someone who spent 15yrs in the desert.
If he didn't like flying deep nights or 100hrs a month, then respectfully why did he go to EK?

Having gone the other way, summer was similar to the desert. But winter has been an absolute dream.

de fumo in flammam
13th Feb 2024, 16:30
Ha, ha - dunno. My thoughts too! Ask him - They're somewhere way up this thread - I'm pretty sure he went to EK as FO. For the layovers after said deep night flight I guess. It's what I did until recently, and I wouldn't recommend it (or any back of the clock stuff) if you want a long healthy retirement.

OutsideCAS
16th Feb 2024, 10:29
slight topic drift - how long is the average wait time to hear from J2 (success or not) after completing all interviews and assessments?

737 Jockey
16th Feb 2024, 11:17
Usually quite quickly (within a couple of days) to tell you you’ve passed selection and will be placed in a hold pool, which does not constitute a job offer. Depending on training plans/resource, a further call could be expected within a few days with an actual offer. The delay can sometimes be down to your choice of base, as they work hard to try and get you your requested base, if not your second or third choice at point of offer. All the best!

Basicsteve
16th Feb 2024, 13:16
I heard on the rumour mill that jet2 are struggling to recruit Airbus pilots , does anyone know if they are going to do more pay increases or adjust terms and conditions? In big airlines, they have offered two weekends off per month which is pretty good , although I’m still looking to move

AirbusP1
16th Feb 2024, 14:10
I heard on the rumour mill that jet2 are struggling to recruit Airbus pilots , does anyone know if they are going to do more pay increases or adjust terms and conditions? In big airlines, they have offered two weekends off per month which is pretty good , although I’m still looking to move

By 'big airlines' who are you referring to?

k737
16th Feb 2024, 14:55
By 'big airlines' who are you referring to?

Big Airlines. Although the statement is slightly inaccurate. It's 2 guaranteed weekend days, not whole weekends and not necessarily together. And only if that obligation hasn't already been covered by leave, golden days, reserve fixed days off etc...

Basicsteve
16th Feb 2024, 15:10
Big Airlines. Although the statement is slightly inaccurate. It's 2 guaranteed weekend days, not whole weekends and not necessarily together. And only if that obligation hasn't already been covered by leave, golden days, reserve fixed days off etc...

Yes sorry, I just couldn’t be bothered to type all the intricacies

LeftHighandDry
16th Feb 2024, 15:39
Another NTR FO swimming in the hold pool here. Anyone know if they actually run many TR courses in summer? I have a 3 month notice period so at the moment wondering if I can expect to at least wait until September/October.

FACoff
16th Feb 2024, 20:32

May have mis-read elsewhere but thought you were one of the few that had already made the big leap away from BA? And I thought the 2 weekend days was just for short haulers?

Field In Sight
16th Feb 2024, 22:38
Jet2 are now year round recruitment to smooth out the training burden.
Winter is still where most training occurs though.

​​​​​​

Prob30Tempo TSRA
17th Feb 2024, 06:30
I can’t see why they’d struggle , I’d imagine lots of Wizz uk would be more than happy to go

dhc1180
17th Feb 2024, 07:17
I can’t see why they’d struggle , I’d imagine lots of Wizz uk would be more than happy to go

Wizzair are trying to retain existing uk pilots by paying more than competitors- some skippers there over £200k (but they’re doing 900hrs for it). They’re also doing fixed pattern rosters now, which is one fairly large reason why jet2 will struggle to get airbus pilots.

Those of us working backsides off in the summer appreciate a block of 4 days off, particularly with family. Jet2’s working all summer random roster puts most off. That’s just the general vibe I get around the network, not just me! 5/2 or 6/3 in the summer, regardless of odd rest days in an amongst that, just doesn’t sit well, particularly if you’ve got kids.

RudderTrimZero
17th Feb 2024, 07:39
Depends on circumstances but give me a random roster any day (I've done both). A block of 5 on, renders me useless for the first 2 days off (ends up being recovery time). I think it's a psychological con trick.

737 Jockey
17th Feb 2024, 07:46

I wonder if buying the Wizz UK AOC would be a possibility, and a good move for Jet2? Much sought after LGW (slots) & LTN bases to further challenge TUI, plus an instant ‘delivery’ of 18 Airbus aircraft.

Prob30Tempo TSRA
17th Feb 2024, 09:24
I wonder if buying the Wizz UK AOC would be a possibility, and a good move for Jet2? Much sought after LGW (slots) & LTN bases to further challenge TUI, plus an instant ‘delivery’ of 18 Airbus aircraft.
Don’t see why they would . Do they want to move into Gatwick and Luton - Luton would dilute their business at both bhx and stn ?
And is their any rush to get the aircraft ?

Prob30Tempo TSRA
17th Feb 2024, 09:26
Wizzair are trying to retain existing uk pilots by paying more than competitors- some skippers there over £200k (but they’re doing 900hrs for it). They’re also doing fixed pattern rosters now, which is one fairly large reason why jet2 will struggle to get airbus pilots.

Those of us working backsides off in the summer appreciate a block of 4 days off, particularly with family. Jet2’s working all summer random roster puts most off. That’s just the general vibe I get around the network, not just me! 5/2 or 6/3 in the summer, regardless of odd rest days in an amongst that, just doesn’t sit well, particularly if you’ve got kids.

Depends how motivated by money you are .
Isnt the wizzair block off a bit of a fantasy ? The first day you can work to 2 am or something ? Thats a rest day ( what’s left of it after you wake up ..) not a day off .

737 Jockey
17th Feb 2024, 09:31
Don’t see why they would . Do they want to move into Gatwick and Luton - Luton would dilute their business at both bhx and stn ?
And is their any rush to get the aircraft ?

Well, LGW base is a strong rumour for the next 2-3 years. Slot availability is an issue, as we’d need critical mass to make it viable. We already have a 737 Winter flying program there Oct-Mar.

As for the Airbus, there’s a delay in deliveries, meaning current airframes are training aircraft with line Pilots just keeping current.

I’m trying to create positive vibes for this idea to the universe/management, for personal reasons. :ok:

Vokes55
17th Feb 2024, 09:50
I thought they were meant to be buying BA Euroflyer? Or was it easyJet? Maybe there will be another secret meeting in Leeds about buying Wizzair.

When are the A330Neos due again?

Chesty Morgan
17th Feb 2024, 10:50
Are you getting confused between rumours, which you have read or heard somewhere, and facts, which you are not privy to?

I often wonder why you spend so much time commenting about an airline you were rejected from, it's a bit sad. Move on, maybe get a hobby.

Prob30Tempo TSRA
17th Feb 2024, 11:05
There’s been rumours they are coming to Gatwick about since the time they flew F27s full of tomatoes ..

737 Jockey
17th Feb 2024, 11:14
There’s been rumours they are coming to Gatwick about since the time they flew F27s full of tomatoes ..

Well I’m just keeping the dream alive.

Given the Winter ops we already have there, it’s not a huge leap. Plenty of FD live around the area so wouldn’t be an issue to crew.

dick byrne
17th Feb 2024, 15:02
I thought they were meant to be buying BA Euroflyer? Or was it easyJet? Maybe there will be another secret meeting in Leeds about buying Wizzair.

I am pretty sure if that was happening, the resident Jet2 Jobsworth would make sure you know about it.

Vokes55
18th Feb 2024, 05:36
Are you getting confused between rumours, which you have read or heard somewhere, and facts, which you are not privy to?

I often wonder why you spend so much time commenting about an airline you were rejected from, it's a bit sad. Move on, maybe get a hobby.

Because you keep nibbling.

Vokes55
18th Feb 2024, 05:41
Well I’m just keeping the dream alive.

Given the Winter ops we already have there, it’s not a huge leap. Plenty of FD live around the area so wouldn’t be an issue to crew.

Gatwick has hundreds of spare slots in the Winter and no spare (peak) slots in the Summer. So it’s a huge leap.

If LGW is the dream, just go to BA Euroflyer.

737 Jockey
18th Feb 2024, 05:56
Gatwick has hundreds of spare slots in the Winter and no spare (peak) slots in the Summer. So it’s a huge leap.

If LGW is the dream, just go to BA Euroflyer.

Ha ha, was on the cards at one point… but too much hard work for too little reward, no thanks. Horses for courses.

Chesty Morgan
18th Feb 2024, 08:56
Because you keep nibbling.
OK, if you crave attention and validation that much why don't you send me a PM?

Leave this thread to those who want to use it for their own good.

Mr Good Cat
18th Feb 2024, 09:27

Three of the rumours you mention are just silly speculations by internet users. One of the rumours actually has very serious substance to it based on cost savings, future fleet renewal and flexibility of crew at the largest base. Watch this space.

Vokes55
18th Feb 2024, 16:10

Actually, by dispelling most of the nonsense that your lot spew out on this forum, I’m contributing significant balance to the thread for those considering making big and often irreversible career moves.

For example, I hope 737 jockey didn’t join Jet2 on the back of “strong rumours” of a LGW base spouted around on here - or worse, false promises from management.

The fact that you bite every time is just a little bonus.

737 Jockey
18th Feb 2024, 16:28
Actually, by dispelling most of the nonsense that your lot spew out on this forum, I’m contributing significant balance to the thread for those considering making big and often irreversible career moves.

For example, I hope 737 jockey didn’t join Jet2 on the back of “strong rumours” of a LGW base spouted around on here - or worse, false promises from management.

Don’t worry about me Boss, I joined with eyes wide open. I got my first base preference and LGW would just be a bonus due to being a bit closer to home and avoid the dreaded Dartford crossing, I suspect there are quite a number of others who feel the same.

Jet 2 is great. Company, people, conditions and frankly, workload, albeit with busy Summers! I have very little to complain about, and would recommend it for anyone who enjoys short haul and being in your own bed each night, and not flying 700/800/900 hours a year. That’s just my experience and thoughts so far, as always, it’s horses for courses.

Chesty Morgan
18th Feb 2024, 17:32

So you're a crusader! Selflessly trawling the Jet2 threads in the quest for truth and justice for all?:D You're not just a sad, disaffected Jet2 reject endlessly trolling the Jet2 threads because you weren't good enough to be employed by an airline you hold in such contempt.

You do realise what the 'R' in PPRuNe stands for...don't you?

dick byrne
18th Feb 2024, 18:54
OK, if you crave attention and validation that much why don't you send me a PM?

The same could be said of you on other non Jet2 threads where all you offer nothing of any value

You don’t seem to like the taste of the medicine that you so often dish out yourself.

Grow up for goodness sake.

Chesty Morgan
18th Feb 2024, 19:47
On the contrary I offer my opinion or fact. I do not actively deny or refute actual facts about anything I have no knowledge of. Unlike certain posters who have been rejected by Jet2 who have gone all...sulky.

New_Pilot
4th Mar 2024, 02:10
Hello All,

Has anyone heard back from Jet2 A320 assessments in Feb 24? If yes, how long after the assessment did you hear back?

Thanks and good luck!

olster
4th Mar 2024, 15:31
Worked for Jet2 for 6 years. Great airline and a fantastic way to conclude my flying career. No agenda, no points scoring over other airlines which I know have their pros and cons. Very down to earth company in line with the oop North roots. Just my opinion of course.

Twiglet1
5th Mar 2024, 13:39
Chesty has been contributing to Jet 2 on this forum for years and always on point imho.

GAPilot261087
9th Mar 2024, 19:31
Anyone had any update or offers come through since passing assessments lately ? I've had an email asking for base confirmation and notice period but think it is pretty generic. From what I hear, they are pretty maxed out on the training front :) Good times for the industry as a whole just now!

BaronVonBarnstormer
10th Mar 2024, 08:54
I've been hearing that summers can be pretty brutal at Jet2; rolling 5 or 6 days on with 2 off. Lots of 4am landing back in base and little in the way of stability or roster protection. Can anyone confirm or deny? Specifically for the Airbus fleet but I understand the ramp up in deliveries probably won't have produced a "full" summer yet. Again this is what I've been told and I've been in the industry long enough to know that perception and reality are not always the same thing. A PM with a RHS roster would also be great if anyone is willing.

Mr Good Cat
10th Mar 2024, 09:39
I've been hearing that summers can be pretty brutal at Jet2; rolling 5 or 6 days on with 2 off. Lots of 4am landing back in base and little in the way of stability or roster protection. Can anyone confirm or deny? Specifically for the Airbus fleet but I understand the ramp up in deliveries probably won't have produced a "full" summer yet. Again this is what I've been told and I've been in the industry long enough to know that perception and reality are not always the same thing. A PM with a RHS roster would also be great if anyone is willing.

You won't get a representative RHS roster as there aren't enough Airbus in the fleet yet and it's overcrewed pending deliveries. From a 737 perspective, summers are busy in both seats. It's definitely not a 'rolling' 5 or 6 on with 2 off, you might have a '5 - 2' in a month but then it would be followed by something random like 3 on 3 off then 4 on 2 off. There's no predictability in that sense. You will get very late landings at the bigger bases such as MAN / STN, as the second wave is scheduled 2-3am but always at least an hour or so late. However, a 4am landing will get you a duty rest period the day after. Yes, summer is disruptive (June to September anyway) but outside of this things are fairly stable, but this is the holiday market in the UK. Winter will be quiet apart from an upsurge in December.

If you like your fixed pattern then LowCost airlines are the way to go. If you prefer the happy upbeat atmosphere of a holiday company with busy summers and quiet winters then Jet2 or TUI will suit you better. But you WILL work hard for it in the peak months.

Basicsteve
10th Mar 2024, 11:54
The remuneration the pilots get for hours worked (5-600hrs) is pretty spectacular. I assume it’s within Jet2s interest to get more winter work in ? For example Cape Verde ? Or if you believe the rumours LH

marcus1290
10th Mar 2024, 19:34
The remuneration the pilots get for hours worked (5-600hrs) is pretty spectacular. I assume it’s within Jet2s interest to get more winter work in ? For example Cape Verde ? Or if you believe the rumours LH

LH isn't happening anytime soon. Not in the next 5-10 years anyway.

Jonty
10th Mar 2024, 19:42
LH isn't happening anytime soon. Not in the next 5-10 years anyway.

I used to think that. Now I’m not so sure.

Basicsteve
10th Mar 2024, 19:55
I used to think that. Now I’m not so sure.

how so ?

Prob30Tempo TSRA
10th Mar 2024, 22:30

LH would be a good way to successfully ruin the airline - I’m sure the management are bright enough to look at premiair, Norwegian , WOW etc and realise long haul with low cost is almost impossible to do and make money but it’s a good and routine rumour to introduce every now and then .

Unless we are talking about the “ Tango “ routes to Tenerife ??

Basicsteve
11th Mar 2024, 06:02
LH would be a good way to successfully ruin the airline - I’m sure the management are bright enough to look at premiair, Norwegian , WOW etc and realise long haul with low cost is almost impossible to do and make money but it’s a good and routine rumour to introduce every now and then .

Unless we are talking about the “ Tango “ routes to Tenerife ??

yes but it wouldn’t really be like those airlines quoted , it would be like TUI LH which is a good product I think

737 Jockey
11th Mar 2024, 07:28
You make a fair point. But it’s comparing Apples and Oranges really. Low cost flight only versus holiday package tours. It would be a risk to part from the known, but that’s business sometimes. As far as Cape Verde is concerned, I’d heard a rumour that TUI had basically threatened to pull out from the island completely if any of the resorts even showed a bit of ankle towards J2 or any other operator…

At the end of the day, you have to play to your strengths, and maybe LH wouldn’t be appropriate considering the J2 customer demographic.

Mr Good Cat
11th Mar 2024, 08:01
Jet2 still haven't conquered the Mediterranean yet. There are some parts of Greece and a lot of North Africa that are yet to be exploited, and within the current fleet capabilities. It's just a case of being able to get enough quality hotels to to guarantee the product. I'm sure if there is money to be made on Orlando and Mexico it will happen in the future, but I don't see that happening before Egypt, Tunisia and the remaining Greek islands not yet served. The Med is a guaranteed earner whatever happens to the economy, so it would be an uncharacteristic risk by Jet2 to suddenly invest a lot of money on a riskier strategy.

Prob30Tempo TSRA
11th Mar 2024, 09:42
Yes , that makes sense .

Didn't they used to lease an 330 off Air tanker ? Surely easiest way to go on the seasonal Orlando etc …rather than get their own .

But airlines need rumours , because rumours provide hope for the future . 757 rumour was always “ we are getting 767s “.

Mr Good Cat
11th Mar 2024, 11:14
Yes , that makes sense .

Didn't they used to lease an 330 off Air tanker ? Surely easiest way to go on the seasonal Orlando etc …rather than get their own .

But airlines need rumours , because rumours provide hope for the future . 757 rumour was always “ we are getting 767s “.

There are always A330 leases. At the moment there is one for the winter and two for the summer (was 3 last year). If Jet2 get their own A330s you will see them flying short-haul from MAN before any long-haul venture, just because there is limited capacity at MAN and even in the winter there are several flights a day to certain destinations, which could easily be covered by one full A330. The fact it's on the same rating as the A321 means it's flexible with crew too. The only issue is the engine cycles and the fuel burn required to get it to cruising altitude. These would be outweighed by a full load each time though.

double-oscar
11th Mar 2024, 12:48
[QUOTE=737 Jockey;11613050]You make a fair point. But it’s comparing Apples and Oranges really. Low cost flight only versus holiday package tours. It would be a risk to part from the known, but that’s business sometimes. As far as Cape Verde is concerned, I’d heard a rumour that TUI had basically threatened to pull out from the island completely if any of the resorts even showed a bit of ankle towards J2 or any other operator…

As TUI have invested heavily and own or have joint ventures with many of the other hotel owners I don’t think pulling out is an option. Whether Jet2 could find enough hotels to work with is probably more likely the problem.

dhc1180
11th Mar 2024, 21:17
There are always A330 leases. At the moment there is one for the winter and two for the summer (was 3 last year). If Jet2 get their own A330s you will see them flying short-haul from MAN before any long-haul venture, just because there is limited capacity at MAN and even in the winter there are several flights a day to certain destinations, which could easily be covered by one full A330. The fact it's on the same rating as the A321 means it's flexible with crew too. The only issue is the engine cycles and the fuel burn required to get it to cruising altitude. These would be outweighed by a full load each time though.

the 330 is a separate rating to the 320 family

Mr Good Cat
11th Mar 2024, 21:35
the 330 is a separate rating to the 320 family

It's just a CCQ course. Provided by Airbus as part of any purchase and not a huge training commitment. Probably not worth having all the crew trained on both, but certainly some of the experienced crew trained on mixed-fleet flying. Trainers for example.

I can see it happening sooner rather than later.

zeteo
15th Mar 2024, 20:17
Hello All,

Has anyone received a start date recently for NTR FO position. I completed my assessment in January and received a call confirming that I met the benchmark and would be contacted in due course, after which I was placed in the holding pool. However, I recently received a generic email requesting my base preference and notice period. Additionally, upon checking the portal, I noticed that my application, which had progressed to the interview stage, is now listed as "under review," indicating a regression in the process.

I'm curious about the typical wait time before receiving a start date. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

AirbusP1
16th Mar 2024, 13:13
It can vary for a number of different reasons, e.g. rated or non rated, base preference, your notice period, pilots declining agreed course dates at late notice etc etc. There is no 'typical' wait time in the hold pool. If you're non rated you are going to require a longer course and require more line training sectors than a rated pilot. If training capacity is an issue it might increase your wait time in the hold pool, it might not, depending on what the company's requirement is. Good luck. (I waited nearly a year for an interview then 2 months for the offer as a rated Airbus Captain. Others had offers immediately possibly due to base preference and notice period).

zeteo
16th Mar 2024, 20:30
It can vary for a number of different reasons, e.g. rated or non rated, base preference, your notice period, pilots declining agreed course dates at late notice etc etc. There is no 'typical' wait time in the hold pool. If you're non rated you are going to require a longer course and require more line training sectors than a rated pilot. If training capacity is an issue it might increase your wait time in the hold pool, it might not, depending on what the company's requirement is. Good luck. (I waited nearly a year for an interview then 2 months for the offer as a rated Airbus Captain. Others had offers immediately possibly due to base preference and notice period).

thank you.

GAPilot261087
16th Mar 2024, 21:08
I'm in the same situation, Zeteo. I suspect it is very likely they will be figuring out their training capacity and programme for the end of this year.

zeteo
17th Mar 2024, 09:00
I'm in the same situation, Zeteo. I suspect it is very likely they will be figuring out their training capacity and programme for the end of this year.

Thanks, GAPilot261087. Here's to hoping for some positive updates soon.

LeftHighandDry
17th Mar 2024, 12:54
Hello All,

Has anyone received a start date recently for NTR FO position. I completed my assessment in January and received a call confirming that I met the benchmark and would be contacted in due course, after which I was placed in the holding pool. However, I recently received a generic email requesting my base preference and notice period. Additionally, upon checking the portal, I noticed that my application, which had progressed to the interview stage, is now listed as "under review," indicating a regression in the process.

I'm curious about the typical wait time before receiving a start date. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Yeah I’m exactly the same, hold pool since the end of January and just the generic emails. Seems most people recently have been waiting 1-3 months but I’m assuming any start dates now will be tail end of summer (especially for those of us with 3 month notice periods!). Seems myself and some people I know with Man/Bhx as their first base choices have been waiting a bit longer.

Dangerous_D
18th Mar 2024, 16:36
Ditto, passed NTR FO assessment at start of Feb. After the initial success email, I received a generic update email last week trawling for people who were able to start a course in April. Unable due to a 3 month notice period. Out of interest, I've asked for LPL as a base first choice. So far that's the only update i've had.

dhc1180
4th Apr 2024, 15:42
Has anyone had any update about hold pool moving? Been in since Nov. Seems to have gone very very quiet.

stoicartic
5th Apr 2024, 11:28
Rated or NTR? Have any 737 rated folks had any offers/start dates recently?

Bluesky10
23rd Apr 2024, 23:15
Got an offer on 737 non rated SFO starting end of July 24 , I can't start in July so hopefully I didn't miss my chance !!

Basicsteve
24th Apr 2024, 06:42
Hi guys ,

can someone please provide the take home monthly figure for an Airbus captain ? I’m not sure how much you get in flight pay etc…. On top of your basic .
is it still competitive after EasyJet pay rise etc..

Mr Good Cat
24th Apr 2024, 07:16
Hi guys ,

can someone please provide the take home monthly figure for an Airbus captain ? I’m not sure how much you get in flight pay etc…. On top of your basic .

Can you still join EZY as DEC in the UK these days? I thought the cadet production line put an end to that?

PAPI-74
24th Apr 2024, 07:19
You can't compare the airlines side by side. They are totally different.

Basicsteve
24th Apr 2024, 07:26
You can't compare the airlines side by side. They are totally different.

I understand that , but money is money at the end of the day

JackyP
24th Apr 2024, 07:30
You can definitely compare how much money you’ll estimate to come out at the end of each year..

Chesty Morgan
24th Apr 2024, 07:31
Hi guys ,

A busy month would give you circa £13-1400 in sector pay and duty pay. Quieter months about £3-500 sometimes less.

Take home depends on how much you want to put in to your pension.

R T Jones
24th Apr 2024, 08:01
And for comparison on sector pay; at easyjet even in winter it’s around £1000. Summer month up to £1700.

Basicsteve
24th Apr 2024, 08:26
And for comparison on sector pay; at easyjet even in winter it’s around £1000. Summer month up to £1700.

yes but I believe at Jet2 you barely do anything in winter , looked at a friends hours and it was around 450 for the year

maxpeck
24th Apr 2024, 09:02
Got an offer on 737 non rated SFO starting end of July 24 , I can't start in July so hopefully I didn't miss my chance !!
Directly in as SFO?

R T Jones
24th Apr 2024, 10:04
My hours for last winter; Oct 40 Nov 54 Dec 32 Jan 65 Feb 49 Mar 59. A fair number of unused standbys there as well, also the schedule is much less punishing, earlies not many before 6 and lates usually finished by 9/10.

Mr Good Cat
24th Apr 2024, 11:36
My hours for last winter; Oct 40 Nov 54 Dec 32 Jan 65 Feb 49 Mar 59. A fair number of unused standbys there as well, also the schedule is much less punishing, earlies not many before 6 and lates usually finished by 9/10.

Unusual to have 65 hours in Jan? I guess your base has a lot of Captains taking months off in deep winter. Even as a trainer that’s high for Jan.

Mr Good Cat
24th Apr 2024, 11:41
@BasicSteve

You also might want want to consider that anyone joining as an Airbus non-trainer skipper will not do anywhere near the average Jet2 hours for a couple of summers, as most of the sectors are training to put guys in place ready for the ramp up in deliveries in winter 25/26.

This is great if you want an easy roster, but not great if you value sector pay over lifestyle. Since you stated money was the bigger factor you may be better joining a high-hours loco such as EZY or RYR.

R T Jones
24th Apr 2024, 11:51
I’d say this winter was higher than average, we are doing more winter sun routes than pre Covid. I also had minimal leave over winter as I took it during summer. (Highly recommended)

clvf88
24th Apr 2024, 12:43
I've heard unpaid leave is offered over the winter. This has two results 1) the people who are working, are working much harder 2) huge amounts of standby for those that are working, to further incentivise taking the unpaid leave.

Could anyone confirm?

excrab
24th Apr 2024, 13:01
The winter leave has been a pretty good deal, take two months off lose only one months pay, so effectively it’s half paid winter leave not unpaid winter leave. It doesn’t generate more standby, if no one had winter leave there would be less flying to spread around between pilots so even more people on standby each day.

I Think the poster who listed winter flying hours was actually an easy jet pilot, if their posting history is anything to go by, hence the high number of hours. My highest was 40h in November and lowest was 8 in January. But that’s on the 737, as has been said there’s a lot of training happening on the airbus so low flying hours in the winter for non trainers. But that’s always been the same if you’re in a base with a lot of training captains, at least on the 737 fleet.

JM926
24th Apr 2024, 13:08
For comparisons sake, I’ve just looked at my logbook and brought up a report on the last 6 months. Just a shade over 100 hours flying in the last 6 months. That’s 737 LHS with nothing other than normal annual leave taken at various points etc

Definitely a lot of standby in the winter, but being used is rare. If you can manage to live full time near your base you can pretty much go about life as normal? But I can understand that for those who need to travel to secondary accommodation near their base, lots of standby is a pain

Bluesky10
24th Apr 2024, 16:49
Directly in as SFO?
6 months after line training (the pay will be SFO after 6 month if you have the hours )

M33
24th Apr 2024, 17:07
250hrs in last 6months. Approx 650 rolling 12months.

Mr Good Cat
24th Apr 2024, 17:15
I've heard unpaid leave is offered over the winter. This has two results 1) the people who are working, are working much harder 2) huge amounts of standby for those that are working, to further incentivise taking the unpaid leave.

Could anyone confirm?

1) Not from my experience. May differ depending on base.

2) I’ve had far more days off in winter months. They haven’t given minimum days off and the rest standby. Again, maybe that’s base dependent due to spare numbers. I don’t know who told you standbys were done as a deterrent to stay full time… sounds made up!

clvf88
24th Apr 2024, 20:41
1) They haven’t given minimum days off and the rest standby. Again, maybe that’s base dependent due to spare numbers. I don’t know who told you standbys were done as a deterrent to stay full time… sounds made up!

I wasn't told this - but comments like the following make it sound like the number of crew on standby is very over established in the winter. Can't really think of another reason why they'd do it...

'Definitely a lot of standby in the winter, but being used is rare. If you can manage to live full time near your base you can pretty much go about life as normal? But I can understand that for those who need to travel to secondary accommodation near their base, lots of standby is a pain'

I'd feel a bit hard done by if I'd taken a month off at half pay, and then speak to a full time colleague and find out he'd only worked a couple of days!

Chesty Morgan
24th Apr 2024, 20:56
But a standby is a work day. You can't go away like you could with a month off.

clvf88
24th Apr 2024, 21:07
But a standby is a work day. You can't go away like you could with a month off.

That's my point.

Chesty Morgan
25th Apr 2024, 06:34
Your colleagues, who haven't taken winter leave, will work around 20 days on full pay. You will work no days for half pay.

I don't see your problem.

clvf88
25th Apr 2024, 09:17
Your colleagues, who haven't taken winter leave, will work around 20 days on full pay. You will work no days for half pay.

I don't see your problem.

Imagine my surprise.

Ghostwing
25th Apr 2024, 10:15
Can anyone shed any light on the factorisation for the 1000hrs command time for A321 recruitment.
Cheers

Chesty Morgan
25th Apr 2024, 12:05
Imagine my surprise.
Try explaining yourself...

stoicartic
25th Apr 2024, 19:33
Congratulations on the offer! I'm sure you'll get another suitable opportunity if you keep them updated. Can I ask, when was your assessment day and what base did they offer you?

JM926
26th Apr 2024, 07:36
I do find it bemusing that some people are so very pro or so very anti J2. Surely we can all agree that one persons dream could be another’s nightmare?

quiet winter, I love it. But I live close to my base and go about standby days pretty much as normal, just with uniform ready and an awareness when making plans that there’s a chance I might end up in work. Often part or half of the standby is finished by the time I wake up.

that said, I have a few mates who hate the quiet winter and would love to be far busier.

if you have the long haul dream, you’re not going to scratch that itch here. If you commute large distances, that could get difficult with standbys and runs of duty etc. whereas BA, with their long haul or short haul touring rosters could be ideal.

a few mates of mine joined BA recently, some absolutely love it, some not so much. As with every other company, what suits some people will be awful for others.

depending on what you’re after, J2 could be a dream job (or not). The key is maybe knowing what you’re after in a job….?

speedrestriction
26th Apr 2024, 19:23
How long is call out from standby to report at Jet2?

Chesty Morgan
26th Apr 2024, 19:28
Minimum of two hours.

Jonty
27th Apr 2024, 13:15
Minimum of two hours.

And they won’t give you any more than 2 hours notice.
You have to wonder why?!

Chesty Morgan
27th Apr 2024, 13:52
Minimum is just that. Quite often you do get more.

BaronVonBarnstormer
30th Apr 2024, 11:35
Okay i'm going to ask since this is a "Rumour" forum; whats the latest on getting some A330s? Where would they likely be based and would it be a dual rating arrangement for Airbus guys? If all those things line up it could be a really attractive proposition.

Mr Good Cat
30th Apr 2024, 12:02
Okay i'm going to ask since this is a "Rumour" forum; whats the latest on getting some A330s? Where would they likely be based and would it be a dual rating arrangement for Airbus guys? If all those things line up it could be a really attractive proposition.

If it happens (more likely than not) it's a few years away at the earliest. It would solve a lot of issues at MAN with capacity on the year-round busy routes, and allows dual-rating. That would be my guess. But like all things at Jet2, it would be a closely guarded secret until it's officially announced. Watch this space.