PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 Hold Pool

Pages : 1 [2] 3

737 Jockey
12th Sep 2022, 15:37
As the days since I applied are now measured in the hundreds and I have yet to receive any acknowledgement of my application, I wondered if anyone else is in the same boat? I’m guessing at this stage I should consider this a de facto PFO? NTR FO. Thanks for any info.

Nowt here either… 737 TR DEC.

IMHO it’s a poor show that there’s been radio silence from J2. A simple one sentence generic update to all applicants wouldn’t go amiss. If their fleet/crew plans have changed, fair enough, but at least have the decency to communicate.

black diamond
12th Sep 2022, 21:16
Has anyone actually heard anything ?

mesh
14th Sep 2022, 15:06
TR DEC will unfortunately be the last to be called. Big push to promote from within coupled with the majority of recruitment being FO’s spells a wait I’m afraid. I would say most of the DEC incomes will be trainers, mainly on the airbus. We will be recruiting all year around apparently so maybe when the pool of internal candidates dries up there maybe movement.

First.officer
15th Sep 2022, 08:56
Has anyone actually heard anything ?

Some have heard from J2, so at least as recent as a few weeks ago there was activity with recent applications. For those of us not hearing thus far from J2 - it may be we have to accept that perhaps we don't necessarily have at this time, the criteria that J2 are looking for in recruiting new pilots? Harsh but maybe true? and I include myself in this number as I have not heard anything. :sad:

737 Jockey
15th Sep 2022, 09:26
Some have heard from J2, so at least as recent as a few weeks ago there was activity with recent applications. For those of us not hearing thus far from J2 - it may be we have to accept that perhaps we don't necessarily have at this time, the criteria that J2 are looking for in recruiting new pilots? Harsh but maybe true? and I include myself in this number as I have not heard anything. :sad:

I don’t mind not being selected, I just want them to either send an interim comms out, or issue a PFO, rather than just radio silence. It’s basic decency.

DCT_ELSIR
15th Sep 2022, 09:28
I don’t mind not being selected, I just want them to either send an interim comms out, or issue a PFO, rather than just radio silence. It’s basic decency.

I totally agree. It’s very poor to go months without an update, or even an indication that an application has been read and assessed.

thetimesreader84
15th Sep 2022, 10:22

just to temper your expectations, when I have applied to Jet 2 in the past, I didn’t get the PFO until much later. I’m led to believe it’s only sent out once all vacancies in the campaign (TR, NTR, FO, DEC etc) have been filled. So could be a while depending on how they’re doing it.

Bon Chance.

First.officer
15th Sep 2022, 11:27
I didn’t get the PFO until much later. I’m led to believe it’s only sent out once all vacancies in the campaign (TR, NTR, FO, DEC etc) have been filled

I think this may well be the case as to why we haven't heard anything - understand why it perhaps is frustrating not to have heard anything in the interim, or otherwise but equally - they (J2) I am sure will have been inundated to the extreme, so might explain a lack of comms. For me personally, I will therefore accept that the PFO is most likely 'in the post' and move on to the next opportunity should it present itself in due course.

mesh
20th Sep 2022, 18:03
Has anybody received an offer/start date and if yes how long did it take them to contact you with the good news?

Brexoff
21st Sep 2022, 08:59
Someone at my airline (NTR FO with TP time) applied the first week it opened this year and got an email a month ago asking if he was still interested. He’d already started a new job with the pink people so he didn’t reply.

They contacted him again a couple of weeks ago offering an assessment which he politely declined.

doz111
22nd Sep 2022, 14:04
I just had a call asking if still I was still interested and availability for selection days in October. My application was for A321 type rated.

She did apologise for the delay and explained that it was down to decisions on basing. Not sure if this was only for the A321 but I was told that the application would now only be for Birmingham or Manchester bases.

She said she had lots of people to call so hopefully everyone should get some news soon either way.

737 CL
22nd Sep 2022, 14:15
My application was not progressing for B737 TR Captain with UK license.

YosserHughes
22nd Sep 2022, 15:28
My application was not progressing for B737 TR Captain with UK license.

Did you receive a PFO?

I've still not heard a thing, 737 rated, current, UK licence & Yorkshire passport holder.

ToCatLady
22nd Sep 2022, 18:59
Email went out last week apologising for the delay as they continuously adjust their requirements for summer 23. Told to expect an update in the next 3-4 weeks.

737 CL
22nd Sep 2022, 22:17
I have only EU Passport. Maybe for that reason my application is not progressing.

mesh
23rd Sep 2022, 07:00
Man or Brum ...
That’s due to type

737 Jockey
23rd Sep 2022, 08:36
Just logged on to my J2 application to find it’s finally moved onto stage 2 ‘under review’. Haven’t got my U.K. Licence yet, so not getting too excited. DEC TR 737.

Count of Monte Bisto
26th Sep 2022, 21:43
I work for easyJet and am not looking at Jet2. I used to work previously for Channel Express and flew the Handley Page Herald for them in a previous life. I am not looking to go anywhere, but came across this thread. I do know, however, that many of our FOs and captains are applying to Jet2 as they are hacked off by easyJet for one reason or another. Whether they will actually leave when push comes to shove is another matter. From Jet2's point of view, current A320 pilots with loads of hours on type are a pretty attractive commodity. I believe they are trying to hoover up our MAN-based TRE's who now have to work in Crawley near Gatwick and spend a lot of time away from home. By all accounts a good number have applied to them and are progressing through the system. Apparently, they also pay TRE's more at Jet2 than easyJet, but I cannot confirm that.

I am near the end of my career and enjoy being a TRE at easyJet. However, Jet2 have much to commend them, but it is a hard-rules world. Having seen Philip Meeson (Executive Chairman at Jet2) in action many years ago, I have no desire to be part of his empire ever again. However, it is horses for courses and good luck to everyone who goes there. I have as somewhat mercenary view of this. If loads of pilots leave us to join Jet2 then that puts pressure on our terms and conditions and we will all gain from that.

Regarding waiting for recruitment updates, I am afraid that is the nature of the beast. These guys do not care if you are offended in any way - it is simply a matter of filling seats when required. If you fit the bill then you get the call at a time of their convenience. If you pass the assessment you get a job offer for start date of their convenience. If you do not fit the bill at the time, they simply keep you hanging on until you are definitely surplus to requirements and they send out the letter or just do nothing at all. Such is the world of job hunting sadly.

mesh
27th Sep 2022, 13:11
Yep the minute you think a company is going to give feedback, updates etc with thousands of applications you are in for an unhappy time. If you get angry with that then maybe it’s not the right company for you. I think when you are waiting for the call from Jet2 it’s good to think about the recruitment team, the changing market, financial environment etc. The recruitment numbers and experience/type levels that they require are changing daily. Some points to consider…and to touch on some of the points just made. For TRE’s the general figure required was 20ish A320. Guys who have been called for assessment have come from many different airlines and backgrounds. I know and have recommended current A320 TRE’s that haven’t had a sniff of assessment as have many other colleagues. I know of TRE’s that aren’t current on type that have been called for assessment. Jet2 have a long track record of looking at and recruiting a mix of candidates with a variety of experience. It works well, we still have a mix of Type rated and none type rated courses going through. On the NTR you will have big jet, military, rotary, turbo prop etc and thank god for that. Jet2 also has a marked intention to promote from within. There are lately an increasing number of internal upgrades raising there heads. They also have a large order for Airbus and possibly more 737’s which will arrive at different timelines to those expected. All of these factors have an ever changing effect on people needed and called for interview. The picture is changing daily so I find it hard to understand what communication people expect pertinent to them. They can’t tell every individual wether they will be called as they don’t know. They can only tell you that they have received your application. Recruitment is year running so they can’t tell you time is up. From my limited knowledge of the current situation I would say the majority of DEC’s are TRE A320. We needed around 20 and recruitment has been going for quite a while. If more airbuses are coming this may improve and more will be called. DEC, with the command upgrades on the horizon most if not all of the LHS opportunities will be taken by them. FO Type rated, yep probably the biggest group to be recruited. FO NTR also being recruited but a smaller number. As a last bit of hope for the guys that aren’t orange or even type rated. Jet2 still recruit ‘the best fit as an individual’. There will be many Easyjet candidates that don’t get the job for many reasons as there will be ex Thomas Cook etc. When Monarch and Thomas cook went down there were many individuals that thought Jet2 and EasyJet would snap them up and be great full for it. Boy did they get a wake up call. Hang in there and all the best to all applying.

ToCatLady
27th Sep 2022, 15:28
Would it be correct that J2 tend not to inform of pass/fail until they’ve assessed everyone so they can then award the position based on the individuals overall score? ie 125 pass the assessments but there’s only 75 positions available so they hire the “best” 75?

mesh
28th Sep 2022, 11:19
All I can say is the individuals I know were told they had passed 3 days later give or take.

mesh
28th Sep 2022, 11:23
No, I'm sorry, but jet2 is the only company where months of silence are regarded as perfectly ok, even if you've gone to the trouble of attending the assessment and passed. I only knew soon after, because one of the interviewers, (who were top blokes) let me know unofficially. The first official communication was a call to start asap, about 6 months later, and unsurprisingly, I was already working elsewhere. Not SFs fault I might add - it seems he has to handle the whole system single handedly.

out of interest how did the interviewer know you had passed if you hadn’t had the sim?

Time Traveller
28th Sep 2022, 18:14
I had. All done in the same visit.

mesh
28th Sep 2022, 22:12
I had. All done in the same visit.

ah ok, it strange as usually the sim guys are completely separate to the interviewers. Separate for a reason and neither know they just fill their bit in so still surprised you knew when you left you had passed. The reports go back to the team for a final decision so not sure how you felt that. Anyway, I’m glad you have found the right place and wish you all the best.

Cuillin Hills
29th Sep 2022, 10:55
No, I'm sorry, but jet2 is the only company where months of silence are regarded as perfectly ok, even if you've gone to the trouble of attending the assessment and passed. I only knew soon after, because one of the interviewers, (who were top blokes) let me know unofficially. The first official communication was a call to start asap, about 6 months later, and unsurprisingly, I was already working elsewhere. Not SFs fault I might add - it seems he has to handle the whole system single handedly.

Disagree

For example, several years ago I was told I had passed everything by Qatar and was likely a DEC for the B787.

Nothing heard from Qatar for 8 months then informed of a start date which only just cleared my notice period for my current employer.

Was told that if I didn’t accept the start date then my application would be cancelled.

I decided to stay where I was and very pleased that I did.

Airline pilot recruitment numbers change almost by the day and are very reactive to retention, new aircraft delivery slots, exchange rates etc - it is just the way it is.

Alrosa
29th Sep 2022, 11:10
Disagree

For example, several years ago I was told I had passed everything by Qatar and was likely a DEC for the B787.

Nothing heard from Qatar for 8 months then informed of a start date which only just cleared my notice period for my current employer.

Was told that if I didn’t accept the start date then my application would be cancelled.

I decided to stay where I was and very pleased that I did.

Airline pilot recruitment numbers change almost by the day and are very reactive to retention, new aircraft delivery slots, exchange rates etc - it is just the way it is.

I’d agree with this. That’s been my experience with various applications over the years. I think the only possible exception that currently applies is Ryanair, who will most likely get back to you in very short order should you apply as a rated DEFO.

santacruz
17th Oct 2022, 13:25
That’s over 4 weeks…

First.officer
18th Oct 2022, 09:51
That’s over 4 weeks…

Relax, I'm sure they'll be in touch - just very busy....

santacruz
18th Oct 2022, 16:08
Relax, I'm sure they'll be in touch - just very busy....

just to clarify, my application has been in for months.

it’s over 4 weeks since the email saying they would be in touch in 3-4 weeks.

And I am Nice and relaxed.

😀

A321drvr
19th Oct 2022, 09:16
Wizz UK needs to up their training capacity to cater for Jet2's A32F expansion!

santacruz
20th Oct 2022, 09:08
35 Airbus 320 Neo firm orders confirmed today with an additional 35ish plus options to go with the 70 odd A321s already on order. Total Airbus order now 140+ airplanes and an additional 12 737 mid life airplanes arriving this winter to make up for slight delay in the next Airbus deliveries. Command Hold Pool is now empty and an extra 100 plus pilots added to the recruitment plan...

Stay patient, i would imagine their will be jobs for anyone who wants one at this rate ​​​​​. There's a lot going on...

that’s a turn up for the books! 👍🏿😀

matt_wizz
10th Nov 2022, 21:40
just to clarify, my application has been in for months.

it’s over 4 weeks since the email saying they would be in touch in 3-4 weeks.

And I am Nice and relaxed.

😀

I also had a 'thank you for your interest, we expect a further update in the next 3-4 weeks' email sent in September.

Also nice & relaxed :O just wondering what happens next and when!

santacruz
11th Nov 2022, 10:30
I also had a 'thank you for your interest, we expect a further update in the next 3-4 weeks' email sent in September.

Also nice & relaxed :O just wondering what happens next and when!

still nothing here 🙂

santacruz
13th Nov 2022, 11:30
No idea if it means anything but I just noticed they are no longer advertising for non rated Captains. Still advertising for rated…

Mr Good Cat
15th Nov 2022, 11:24
No idea if it means anything but I just noticed they are no longer advertising for non rated Captains. Still advertising for rated…

There is a glut of type rated Captains and FOs available which vastly reduces the training burden on the airline. All about supply and demand.

A320LGW
16th Nov 2022, 15:05
Fuelled by a desire to get their name in the headlines perhaps as the first major airline to advertise direct entry hiring since the pandemic? .. it certainly got everyone talking about them!

santacruz
17th Nov 2022, 08:34
So is there any hope for someone who applied as non rated back in June?!

mesh
17th Nov 2022, 12:19
HR has been too slow/stupid/lazy in removing the ad, I've heard that any applications submitted in the last 3-4 months have been black-holed. The campaign was launched way too soon with extremely loose criteria. There is no way on earth any hiring department can sift through so many applications. Usual stupidity but on a grander scale. Still a great company though!
I personally know someone, NTR FO who applied less than 3 months ago and started their course last week. The harsh fact is the pilots that were initially required have been recruited. As I stated in a previous post they wanted Instructors for A320 in LHS and FO’s. However recruitment is now all year around so I would encourage people who want to join Jet2 to apply. The process should now be looked at as a getting on there books, hold pool or whatever you want to call,it. It doesn’t necessarily mean recruitment for this winter. They have to keep it flexible due to the ever changing economic situation and aircraft purchases etc.

A320LGW
17th Nov 2022, 16:20
Seems to have been more of a who you know rather than what you know recruitment process? At least it's the only job application I've seen asking you who you knew within the company!

Alrosa
17th Nov 2022, 16:38
Seems to have been more of a who you know rather than what you know recruitment process? At least it's the only job application I've seen asking you who you knew within the company!

I didn’t know anyone and eventually got an invitation to an assessment about 2 weeks ago as a rated 737 FO …however, Jet2 took so long to get back to me that in the meantime, I’d managed to apply, undergo assessment for and be offered a position with two other airlines, so I withdrew my application.

SpamCanDriver
17th Nov 2022, 22:02

I had multiple references from Jet 2 pilots, applied on the first day, have previous experience on 737 & 757 (but both TR expired), 14k total hrs 7k PIC on 777 and haven't heard a peep.

santacruz
18th Nov 2022, 07:23
I had multiple references from Jet 2 pilots, applied on the first day, have previous experience on 737 & 757 (but both TR expired), 14k total hrs 7k PIC on 777 and haven't heard a peep.

similar situation here

SpamCanDriver
18th Nov 2022, 08:16
similar situation here

To be honest, I was very surprised they even opened up to NTR DEC.
With the current economic outlook, I wouldn't be surprised if the recruitment has or will be revised down.

mesh
18th Nov 2022, 10:31
To be honest, I was very surprised they even opened up to NTR DEC.
With the current economic outlook, I wouldn't be surprised if the recruitment has or will be revised down.
Jet2 have always recruited type and none type rated. They like a mix of experience both civvy and military. The current course is made up of guys from RAF, AAC, Turbo prop, 777/787 etc. recruitment is only going one way and that’s up, given the aircraft orders.

santacruz
18th Nov 2022, 10:54
Jet2 have always recruited type and none type rated. They like a mix of experience both civvy and military. The current course is made up of guys from RAF, AAC, Turbo prop, 777/787 etc. recruitment is only going one way and that’s up, given the aircraft orders.

just to confirm, they have started recruiting NTR DEC?

mesh
18th Nov 2022, 12:38
just to confirm, they have started recruiting NTR DEC?only when they need them. This will be the slowest if it happens at all due to the internal promotion ethos.

First.officer
19th Nov 2022, 08:53
Does anyone know, if having been successful through the entire process and being informed as such - this will lead to being offered a position at Jet2, or this success merely adds you to a holding pool with no date of employment offer forthcoming? I'm hearing the holding pool option is now most likely?.

mesh
19th Nov 2022, 09:25
You certainly can’t put a time length on it. Many people pass the process but score less than others and aren’t called. It’s a harsh but true fact. I know several people that passed and never joined. If you do above average in the assessments and you are the right seat, base, aircraft, person you may be called.

mesh
19th Nov 2022, 09:27
So in short everyone who gets through joins the pile, hold pool or whatever you want to call it up to the day they get a call

First.officer
19th Nov 2022, 10:03
Thanks mesh - so it does seem that perhaps its just a hold pool and a wait in some form, is what I get from your reply? :hmm:

mesh
21st Nov 2022, 10:00
Thanks mesh - so it does seem that perhaps its just a hold pool and a wait in some form, is what I get from your reply? :hmm:
yep that’s correct

rsevo
21st Nov 2022, 17:21
Further email today from Jet2 following a June application for NTRFO, "to confirm that your application is still live and under consideration". Also stating that "we anticipate a very busy Summer ’23 season and continue our growth of both Boeing and Airbus Fleets of Aircraft, meaning there remain significant opportunities to join us as we grow

Here's hoping.

mesh
22nd Nov 2022, 10:53
Guys, a few people now are getting their offers and contracts through.

My question is, for a friend, are the salary scales published anywhere? Because there seems to be some mistrust that everyone is not getting the same salary and benefits as each other...

Can anyone shed some light? PM if not wanting to be public.

Nope, the salaries at Jet2 are transparent and all the same in rank/seat. The confusion may be that some newbies (FO) are offered 70% contracts and some 100%. The offer depends upon experience and other factors such as basing etc. history has shown that all that want it are put on 100% contract asap. 100% FO basic is circa £69,000. So 70% just over £43,000. captain £118,000 basic. Don’t know what second officer salary is or training supplements.

mesh
23rd Nov 2022, 14:17
That's good to know, and from what I've seen the FO's are indeed on just over £69k. Whats the process to move to SFO as it appears this was glossed over?

And thank you mesh, for your kind reply.

Glad to help. SFO requires 6 months post final line check service, >2000 factorised hours, grade 3 or above in all tech and non tech skills as displayed in previous 3 checks. Your base manager approves your application in terms of your personal conduct and your base TRE approves your application in terms of your professional grades. Very simple process once you get the scores on the doors in your sim checks and line checks.

mesh
30th Nov 2022, 08:18
I understand that non-type rated would attract a bonding element to the offer, but what does Jet2 say regarding those are already type rated and current?
I wouldn’t think there’s any sort of bonding, but don’t know

Whalejet
9th Jan 2023, 01:23
Anyone else joining? Threads gone quiet...

santacruz
9th Jan 2023, 07:20
NTR CA application here.

the ad has been taken down but they sent an email in November saying I was still in contention. That’s it.

Any ideas if there will be any recruitment for us? Is there many guys leaving?

RARA9
9th Jan 2023, 09:33
The Airbus order has been delayed (by Airbus) until April .
I believe priority was Training skippers - Experienced FOs - Captains
so I wouldn’t disregard just yet , hopefully you get some news soonish :)

Whalejet
9th Jan 2023, 13:08
Anyone actually got a joining date then?

RARA9
9th Jan 2023, 13:13
Anyone actually got a joining date then?

I know of guys that joined in December, some guys joining on the 17th this month , and I am joining in February

Whalejet
9th Jan 2023, 23:46
I know some people joining end of Jan, they wanted to make contact with others on the same courses, but don't have an account here.

mesh
10th Jan 2023, 15:24
Very few leaving. If it’s ntr Fo then maybe. Think NTR DEC highly unlikely.

Skyplod
12th Jan 2023, 22:13
Glad to help. SFO requires 6 months post final line check service, >2000 factorised hours, grade 3 or above in all tech and non tech skills as displayed in previous 3 checks. Your base manager approves your application in terms of your personal conduct and your base TRE approves your application in terms of your professional grades. Very simple process once you get the scores on the doors in your sim checks and line checks.

mesh is it possible to get SFO after 6 months service if you’ve only had 1 check in the company in that time or, can you only get it after a further 2 subsequent checks?

I’m an FO with 3,500 hour TR’d on the 737.

metal_lord
13th Jan 2023, 20:29
Hey guys. Anyone had a contract sent out recently? I interviewed in December and passed the assessment. Was told it wasn't a formal offer though and that I'd hear back in January. 737 rated.

mesh
15th Jan 2023, 08:55
Skyplod,

Nope, 3 checks minimum. LPC/OPC now once a year so I would say year and a half to 2 if you nail the checks

mesh
15th Jan 2023, 08:57
Filling April courses at moment but not sure if any 737. You will hear in time if your scores were enough.

KruegerFlappage
15th Jan 2023, 09:39
Filling April courses at moment but not sure if any 737. You will hear in time if your scores were enough.

really? Spaces on Feb and March courses is what I was told. But I suppose working to 3 months down the line from this moment in time makes more sense for most people.

mesh
16th Jan 2023, 04:54
Yep sorry should have been clearer. There are courses up to April being filled. 3 months notice sets the April. If you are on less than 3 months you may get an earlier slot.

Smooth Airperator
16th Jan 2023, 06:09
Any idea of how many Airbus skippers have been offered a position since recruitment opened and how many potential positions remain? I appreciate it's always a moving target but a rough idea would be nice to hear. Cheers!

mesh
16th Jan 2023, 14:51
No unfortunately but we are recruiting all year around now. Recruitment will depend on aircraft delivery for the forseable now I would say but that’s just speculation. I know Airbus courses are being filled for mid April at the moment.

metal_lord
16th Jan 2023, 19:13

Cheers for the reply Mesh. I got some private messages from others but I can't access them yet as I'm a new joiner...

Essex lad
19th Jan 2023, 23:17
What's the rough gross for an FO/SFO now including DP and sector pay?

JM926
20th Jan 2023, 07:01
What's the rough gross for an FO/SFO now including DP and sector pay?

FO basic is now just north of 75k. SFO just shy of 85k. Sector and duty in the RHS roughly 4/5k across the year.

Edited to say, not now, but from April onwards

mesh
20th Jan 2023, 14:48
9% payrise from 1st of April Profit share increased from 5% to 6% for the year to be paid in July Captains basic salary now just shy of 130k
really nice surprise and not a union intervention to be seen, and relax

BusBoy
21st Jan 2023, 10:17
really nice surprise and not a union intervention to be seen, and relax

are you sure about that?

login_fee
21st Jan 2023, 22:34
Hi all, NTR FO applicant here...since June... and no word since Sept stating 'your application is still under consideration and you should hear from us within 3-4 weeks'.

Anyone else had similar?

TIA

mesh
22nd Jan 2023, 08:46
Are you trying to say the pay rise is down to the union?

Club World
22nd Jan 2023, 08:59
Are you union relationship so bad in Jet2?

Maybe BALPA have run it’s course as clearly a lot of Jet2 pilot do not want to join them for reason

Twinstar2007
22nd Jan 2023, 09:47
In the time of covid they made pilots redundant just curious did they keep them on the furlough scheme?

Just be nice to know if you are looked after at a time of crisis such as covid provided of course the company were allowed access to the furlough money to pay the redundant pilots

Flying Wild
22nd Jan 2023, 11:23
In the time of covid they made pilots redundant just curious did they keep them on the furlough scheme?

Just be nice to know if you are looked after at a time of crisis such as covid provided of course the company were allowed access to the furlough money to pay the redundant pilots

The word on the street is that the knee jerk reaction by the bean counters was to chop ~400 pilots to save cash outflow. They were talked down but still required just over 100 redundancies which were pilots who had just joined and were under training or had recently completed their training. LIFO unfortunately.

Flying Wild
22nd Jan 2023, 11:25
Are you trying to say the pay rise is down to the union?

if you are in Jet2, then you’ll be well aware of the caveat to the pay letter and the fact that BALPA is yet to meet with the company for pay negotiations for the coming year.

Twinstar2007
22nd Jan 2023, 11:38
The word on the street is that the knee jerk reaction by the bean counters was to chop ~400 pilots to save cash outflow. They were talked down but still required just over 100 redundancies which were pilots who had just joined and were under training or had recently completed their training. LIFO unfortunately.

By the sounds of it at least those sadly made redundant were payed the furlough money the entire time

Oceanic815
22nd Jan 2023, 14:15
By the sounds of it at least those sadly made redundant were payed the furlough money the entire time

I don’t think you understand the concept of furlough. It was money paid by the government to keep people employed. If you were made redundant, you were sadly no longer employed, therefore did not qualify for furlough payments. Those that were furloughed had their pay increased to 70% of normal basic by Jet2. Pretty good deal as far as I can see.

Twinstar2007
22nd Jan 2023, 15:22
I don’t think you understand the concept of furlough. It was money paid by the government to keep people employed. If you were made redundant, you were sadly no longer employed, therefore did not qualify for furlough payments. Those that were furloughed had their pay increased to 70% of normal basic by Jet2. Pretty good deal as far as I can see.

I didn’t explain it well, what I meant was that companies like for example EasyJet and Norwegian at the time made pilots redundant but claimed the maximum for them up to £2500 minus tax so effectively despite no longer being with the company they were still kept on the books, my question is did Jet2 do that for the pilots they made redundant? After all Jet2 was financially more stable than other operators.

ToCatLady
22nd Jan 2023, 19:44
Furlough and redundancy is a completely different thing here in the U.K. it’s not how it is in the USA.

they were either made redundant (no money and not officially employed) or they were furloughed (still on the books employed but were supplemented by the government). Not both.

hope that helps.

flyboy146
23rd Jan 2023, 06:03
If anyone has passed their assessment recently could you drop me a PM? DEC 73. Ta.

737 Jockey
23rd Jan 2023, 09:18
Assuming you’ve got an upcoming assessment (congrats), would you share roughly when you first applied? Thx.

flyboy146
23rd Jan 2023, 19:33
Assuming you’ve got an upcoming assessment (congrats), would you share roughly when you first applied? Thx.

earlier in 2022, already passed but no comms since.

737 Jockey
23rd Jan 2023, 19:50
Ah, okay, congrats. I applied in June, but didn’t have my U.K. licence until recently, did you apply before or after me? Thx.

Crewing Gimp
23rd Jan 2023, 20:55
if you are in Jet2, then you’ll be well aware of the caveat to the pay letter and the fact that BALPA is yet to meet with the company for pay negotiations for the coming year.

Meeson is always two steps ahead of BALPA, even in the Channex days. As long as he is the boss the membership will never be significant.

mesh
23rd Jan 2023, 21:57
Meeson is always two steps ahead of BALPA, even in the Channex days. As long as he is the boss the membership will never be significant.

Absolutely, and it seems to work :)

ToCatLady
24th Jan 2023, 06:38
Hi all, NTR FO applicant here...since June... and no word since Sept stating 'your application is still under consideration and you should hear from us within 3-4 weeks'.

Anyone else had similar?

TIA

yup there seems to be many who are in the same boat as you and never heard after those 4 weeks. The majority I know of are non-airbus rated whereas the ones with an Airbus rating have been called forward.

Perhaps something to do with their changing requirements and the new order.

excrab
24th Jan 2023, 17:59
As far as it is possible to tell without insider knowledge of training, there is no shortage of promotable F/O’s for the B737 and many more who will meet the requirements next winter. So most DEC recruitment will probably be for type rated Airbus Captains. Doesn’t mean there will be no DEC for 737, but probably not many.

airspeed75
27th Jan 2023, 18:50
Had anyone non TR been called out of the hold pool recently?! I know guys who have passed assessment who seem to have been treading water for an awfully long time with no update! I hope they're not wasting people's time and doing assessments without the jobs for them.

goaroundnow
28th Jan 2023, 06:24
this is completely incorrect

Skyplod,

Nope, 3 checks minimum. LPC/OPC now once a year so I would say year and a half to 2 if you nail the checks

Jet Set Willie
28th Jan 2023, 06:57
Had anyone non TR been called out of the hold pool recently?! I know guys who have passed assessment who seem to have been treading water for an awfully long time with no update! I hope they're not wasting people's time and doing assessments without the jobs for them.

The hold pool was emptied last May before recruitment and all were asked to apply again. Therefore the hold can't have been that long!!

Skyplod
28th Jan 2023, 09:53

can you please explain what the process would be then?

I’m seriously considering moving to Jet2 from TUI but I’d be taking a significant pay cut and with command fast approaching here, I don’t want to jump and then extend that wait unreasonably.

SpamCanDriver
28th Jan 2023, 13:54
can you please explain what the process would be then?

I’m seriously considering moving to Jet2 from TUI but I’d be taking a significant pay cut and with command fast approaching here, I don’t want to jump and then extend that wait unreasonably.

None of my business, so feel free to ignore the question.

But was curios why you would want to leave TUI? Especially if you're coming up for command

Skyplod
28th Jan 2023, 14:38
None of my business, so feel free to ignore the question.

But was curios why you would want to leave TUI? Especially if you're coming up for command

it’s a perfectly valid question.

There’s a few different reasons but top of my list right now:
- our management seem to be completely blinkered to the damage our brand and reputation have taken as a direct result of their mismanagement of certain areas of the product because it all still works on their spreadsheets (apparently).
- I’m also in one of the regional bases and I fear that in 30 years when I retire we may not have many regional bases left. I know the same could be said for Jet2 or indeed any operator but Jet2 seem more committed to the regions than anyone else - as far as can tell.

If I were in MAN/BHX/LGW or I wanted to move to one of those bases I probably wouldn’t be considering leaving and would continue on, hoping that the management either see sense or move on.

RARA9
29th Jan 2023, 15:46
By the sounds of things Jet2 are breathing down TUIs neck .
Maybe better to jump ship now than being pushed ?
All speculative of course , but no smoke without fire

mesh
29th Jan 2023, 17:58

Whats your answer then? What does the book say? I have just had a quick look and you need 3 check reports minimum so can’t see how my earlier answer is wrong? I dont usually print incorrect info as I’m here to help but will always stand corrected. Let me know and I will look it up.

cheers

M

Pork chop express
29th Jan 2023, 18:27
From what I've heard from those in J2 SFO can be applied for 6 months after final line check as long as you have the
factored hours, SIM was to a good standard and you have the recommendation from your base Capt. For those with the hours that
means around 10 - 12 months. I'm not in J2 personally but have friends who are who have achieved it during that time frame. 👍

Skyplod
29th Jan 2023, 18:41
From what I've heard from those in J2 SFO can be applied for 6 months after the final line check as long as you have the
factored hours, SIM was to a good standard and you have the recommendation from your base Capt. For those with the hours that
means around 10 - 12 months. I'm not in J2 personally but have friends who are who have achieved it during that time frame. 👍

The fact that there seems to be either mixed info on what is required or, there is a disparity between what the manuals say and what actually happens, does cause me concern. It would be great to hear from someone who has gone through the FO-SFO process in 6-12 months otherwise, I would have to base any decisions based on what the manuals say which as mesh has alluded to is an 18-24 month process.

For clarity - I don't for one second claim to be a sky god and expect a command within 5 minutes of getting in the door but it would be nice to make a somewhat lateral move.

mesh
29th Jan 2023, 19:55

- our management seem to be completely blinkered to the damage our brand and reputation have taken as a direct result of their mismanagement of certain areas of the product because it all still works on their spreadsheets (apparently).
- I’m also in one of the regional bases and I fear that in 30 years when I retire we may not have many regional bases left. I know the same could be said for Jet2 or indeed any operator but Jet2 seem more committed to the regions than anyone else - as far as can tell.

If I were in MAN/BHX/LGW or I wanted to move to one of those bases I probably wouldn’t be considering leaving and would continue on, hoping that the management either see sense or move on.

As I stated earlier in this post you are qualified in terms of factored hours. You will be time limited by your checks and how well they go and how quickly you get them. The book states 3 sim checks and 2 line checks MINIMUM before you can apply. If someone would like to show me where it doesn’t say this and I’m completely wrong then please do. Let’s assume I’m not making it up. You join, take 2 months to finish your induction, ground school bits, sims and line training and that’s not over generous. You pass with flying colours and bag a sim check and a line check. You now have 2 more sim checks and another line check to bag before you can apply to your base team. If you believe some here that that’s possible then ok go for it. If you are based in Leeds you may be able to beg, borrow some checks or have them thrust on you as you are easy stand in material. But if you are in one of the more regional bases you will not get this done as easily. I’m just trying to tell you the average. You will always have someone who has done it quicker but I wouldn’t make your next career move on these figures. As always I stand to be corrected but remember I’m talking averages.

BusBoy
29th Jan 2023, 20:33
It’s not a case that Meeson is one step ahead of Balpa – the union secured trade union recognition despite the company doing its best to persuade pilots from support a length campaign to gain recognition rights. Balpa remains recognised for collective bargaining purposes – but the statutory recognition agreement forced upon the company by the Central Arbitration Committee is not fit for purpose. It allows for a hostile employer like Jet2 to circumvent the prescribed negotiation steps.

Remember what Jet2 was like before union recognition, pilots were some of the lowest paid in the UK. In spite of the fact that Jet2 take an unconventional approach to union engagement, it is worth noting how far the company has progressed since BALPA won a hard-fought campaign for union recognition in 2010-2011. It is incredible to see the company thrive in such a competitive market and in doing so, recognise and award its crew accordingly. Jet2 has clearly developed to become a market leader - however, it could be argued that part of the company’s campaign to undermine collective bargaining is to announce pay increases before the union has been permitted (through the steps prescribed in the statutory recognition agreement) to submit a pay claim. Great whilst the going is good - but buyer beware - what an employer gives with one hand can be taken back with the other - without a strong trade union.

Jet2 was forced to concede at the Hight Court in an appeal hearing just for the company to recognise that ‘hour’s are in scope of pay bargaining. The company has only rostering protocols in place so no agreements or real protections. These protocols were agreed with the PLOG a pilot group sponsored and promoted by Jet2 to undermine Balpa. Ryanair used to have something similar, Wizz currently do. So although Jet2 seems a great place – you would not have the same agreements, protections as you would in easyJet or TUI for example. The company culture is that it resists all trade unions. why? Trade unions speak as a collective wish to address an imbalance of power. It is that simple. If pilots want a voice then they need to get behind the recognised union - it will be too late to build organisation at short notice if something significant happened at Jet2

SpamCanDriver
30th Jan 2023, 03:19

Thanks for the answer

I guess I still have rose tinted glasses from my time in Thomson (even though I was made redundant) best job I ever had

stasis
30th Jan 2023, 11:24
I joined on the 737 in Jan 2022 as an experienced FO, final line check was in April, SFO upgrade went through 6 months later in October. The OM-A states 3 "check reports" as a requirement, not specifically sim checks. For me that was the initial LPC/OPC, a line check, and a recurrent sim. No extra stand-in sims or anything like that. You also need the approval of base management who are checking a load of "Personal Performance" and CRM-type requirements too. So it's do-able in that time frame, I'm nobody special. Having said that, not everyone on my intake got the SFO upgrade in minimum time as there's no room for any snags on those 3 checks, those guys will wait until their next check (which will hopefully go smoothly and not delay things too much for them).

Skyplod
30th Jan 2023, 12:30
I joined on the 737 in Jan 2022 as an experienced FO, final line check was in April, SFO upgrade went through 6 months later in October. The OM-A states 3 "check reports" as a requirement, not specifically sim checks. For me that was the initial LPC/OPC, a line check, and a recurrent sim. No extra stand-in sims or anything like that. You also need the approval of base management who are checking a load of "Personal Performance" and CRM-type requirements too. So it's do-able in that time frame, I'm nobody special. Having said that, not everyone on my intake got the SFO upgrade in minimum time as there's no room for any snags on those 3 checks, those guys will wait until their next check (which will hopefully go smoothly and not delay things too much for them).

Thanks for that, that's really helpful.

mesh
30th Jan 2023, 13:55
Thanks for that, that's really helpful.

I stand corrected, the 2 line checks is for command.

SpamCanDriver
31st Jan 2023, 18:39
Anyone have any up to date info on the current selection process for NTR DEC? Is the info on latest pilot jobs correct?

Psychometric tests, interview, group exercise, sim?

Many thanks

KruegerFlappage
31st Jan 2023, 18:58
Anyone have any up to date info on the current selection process for NTR DEC? Is the info on latest pilot jobs correct?

Psychometric tests, interview, group exercise, sim?

Many thanks

correct. However you only get through to the sim if you pass their metrics of the interview and group exercise. View is NTR DEC is tailed back.

SpamCanDriver
31st Jan 2023, 20:31
correct. However you only get through to the sim if you pass their metrics of the interview and group exercise. View is NTR DEC is tailed back.

Thanks
Do you do yhe full cut e tests? Or is it just the personality questionnaire?

Yes I was very surprised to get called forward for interview, wasn't expecting it at all to be honest. A very pleasant surprise though

RARA9
1st Feb 2023, 11:50
Thanks
Do you do yhe full cut e tests? Or is it just the personality questionnaire?

Yes I was very surprised to get called forward for interview, wasn't expecting it at all to be honest. A very pleasant surprise though

the online tests are pretty basic , from memory it’s flying through a tunnel with shapes to avoid / an ATC listening thing / a multi action task (basic maths ) and the personality questions which they use the results from to generate questions for the interview .
might have been some other things but nothing that difficult

plane-driver
1st Feb 2023, 12:49
Unfortunately had my assessment as NTR FO back in October but have hardly heard anything since, I have about 2500 hours and currently with a Scottish regional however have decided to start pursuing other jobs as think this hold pool is more aimed at 2024 than anything more for 2023 possibly. Disappointed in the lack of comms after going too so much effort and cost for the assessment yet they are still advertising for more recruitment

SpamCanDriver
1st Feb 2023, 18:01
the online tests are pretty basic , from memory it’s flying through a tunnel with shapes to avoid / an ATC listening thing / a multi action task (basic maths ) and the personality questions which they use the results from to generate questions for the interview .
might have been some other things but nothing that difficult

Thank you

Very much appreciated

airspeed75
2nd Feb 2023, 09:44
Unfortunately had my assessment as NTR FO back in October but have hardly heard anything since, I have about 2500 hours and currently with a Scottish regional however have decided to start pursuing other jobs as think this hold pool is more aimed at 2024 than anything more for 2023 possibly. Disappointed in the lack of comms after going too so much effort and cost for the assessment yet they are still advertising for more recruitment

I know many people in a similar situation. A call to say they've passed and then radio silence for months and months.

Their lack of comms to people is what's rather unfortunate. As you say it costs a fortune to go and attend these assessment days with hotels, fuel, flights all involved. It costs nothing to send an update email to those in the hold pool.

santacruz
2nd Feb 2023, 15:55
I know many people in a similar situation. A call to say they've passed and then radio silence for months and months.

Their lack of comms to people is what's rather unfortunate. As you say it costs a fortune to go and attend these assessment days with hotels, fuel, flights all involved. It costs nothing to send an update email to those in the hold pool.

Is it possibly because of base preference?

mesh
2nd Feb 2023, 18:07
I wouldn’t think so, they pick the right candidate and asign base that’s best fit. If it’s not your first choice they do well getting people to their preferred base.

plane-driver
13th Feb 2023, 08:00
Some communication would have been appreciated or updates about anticipated start dates, maybe too much to ask. Start date received now relatively quickly for British Airways and kept informed along the way shame didn’t work out

santacruz
13th Feb 2023, 11:31
Some communication would have been appreciated or updates about anticipated start dates, maybe too much to ask. Start date received now relatively quickly for British Airways and kept informed along the way shame didn’t work out

mid you don’t mind me asking what was your base preference?

plane-driver
13th Feb 2023, 14:08
BHX EMA or similar would have been first choices

flyboy146
17th Feb 2023, 10:33
Apparently the ATO has to sign off on some paperwork before the thumbs up. Don’t forget like every other airline, the internal comms will be sub par, they are massively recruiting, upgrades and have a military culture overload in many management areas, hence the snail pace. They will loose out on good folk going to BA/DHL/TUI

fastidious bob
20th Feb 2023, 10:07
Hi Everyone,
I have a Jet2 assessment coming up for DEC. Looking for feedback on group exercises, interview questions and sim. I would be grateful if you could PM me, or reply to this message.

Many Thanks,

FB

santacruz
20th Feb 2023, 22:34
At any of the recent assessments have they been saying how long it is until offer of employment? Presuming it will depend on fleet / base etc. Are they currently recruiting for the summer or is it more of a long term plan?

Atrus600
15th Mar 2023, 09:43
Anyone had any start dates lately, all seems to have gone rather quiet guessing with summer approaching.

Heard from another candidate they were told no capacity for anyone requiring base training but I haven’t been told this personally. Not sure how long they expect people to keep swimming for, anyone else in the hold pool have any updates for FO positions?

737 Jockey
15th Mar 2023, 23:23
Type rated Pilots will be prioritised due to being less training resource intensive at this critical time. Rated guys from last weeks assessments already have contracts and start dates for a June OCC.

Atrus600
18th Mar 2023, 06:48
Yes completely understand that, good to hear they are still actively recruiting aswell. Just when you have applied for a role in June 2022 been through assessment and passed and now fast approaching a year down the line seems a bit of a waste of everyone’s time. Happy enough where I am for just now hopefully get a call over next few months 🙏 wonder how many waiting for start dates now and still advertising for more

Moonraker4
21st Mar 2023, 22:57
If anyone could share some feedback/pointers on the assessment day/757 sim profile it would be much appreciated. Whether on here or thorough PM. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone.

Atrus600
23rd Mar 2023, 13:31
If anyone could share some feedback/pointers on the assessment day/757 sim profile it would be much appreciated. Whether on here or thorough PM. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone.

sent dm good luck

Moonraker4
24th Mar 2023, 20:48
sent dm good luck
Hey Atrus, I’ve tried to send you a DM in reply but it’s saying your inbox is full

Atrus600
27th Mar 2023, 08:45
Hey Atrus, I’ve tried to send you a DM in reply but it’s saying your inbox is full
nothing in my inbox so should be ok

737 Jockey
27th Mar 2023, 11:14
I believe Pprune has a restriction for receiving PM, whereby you need to have made a certain number of posts prior to being able to. Don’t know what that number is though.

RSQ3Black340
29th Mar 2023, 09:11
Hi All,
Considering a Jet2 TR A321 SFO Application.
Ive lots of hours total and experienced on the 320. I have my own reasons for considering a move from my current employer and aware of the view gain command first then apply DEC 321. I’m considering all the angles and lifestyle choices rather than money driven.
Is there a DE SFO process? Can anyone elude to the Recruitment Process and Command Upgrade Process? With the predicted Airbus fleet expansion, subject to meeting the Command Upgrade requirements, what would the likely time to command be? Appreciate can’t share official training manuals details on this forum but highlights would be useful to know.
I’m new to PPRUNE, and not sure if it’s possible to DM rather than make it public here?

Can anyone ACTUALLY in Jet2, and in the know provide any useful info?

Cheers

737 Jockey
29th Mar 2023, 21:58
With all the Airbus on order, and a potential shortage of U.K. licenced, experienced Airbus pilots willing to jump ship from EZY/BA, is there a good chance of moving from the 737 to the bus? Asking for a friend… 👀

RARA9
30th Mar 2023, 07:08
Hi All,
Considering a Jet2 TR A321 SFO Application.
Ive lots of hours total and experienced on the 320. I have my own reasons for considering a move from my current employer and aware of the view gain command first then apply DEC 321. I’m considering all the angles and lifestyle choices rather than money driven.
Is there a DE SFO process? Can anyone elude to the Recruitment Process and Command Upgrade Process? With the predicted Airbus fleet expansion, subject to meeting the Command Upgrade requirements, what would the likely time to command be? Appreciate can’t share official training manuals details on this forum but highlights would be useful to know.
I’m new to PPRUNE, and not sure if it’s possible to DM rather than make it public here?

Can anyone ACTUALLY in Jet2, and in the know provide any useful info?

Cheers

Jet2 is a meritocracy which isn’t popular to many , but I think it’s a good thing ! You don’t get 15year FOs (like in my previous company) that are useless.
The company rewards guys and girls that are good.
Although definitely still a bit of who you know …… which is improving

pilotmike
1st Apr 2023, 06:40
I believe Pprune has a restriction for receiving PM, whereby you need to have made a certain number of posts prior to being able to. Don’t know what that number is though.
True; well… almost true.

The site seems to block the sending of PMs from new contributors with fewer than a certain number of posts (10 possibly?), rather than blocking the receiving of PMs.

However the site wrongly informs the sender that the recipient's InBox is full, instead of correctly informing the sender that they are blocked from sending PMs, which would be so much more helpful.

One of the many 'features' of PPRuNe.

go-around flap 15
1st Apr 2023, 09:45
Jet2 is a meritocracy which isn’t popular to many , but I think it’s a good thing ! You don’t get 15year FOs (like in my previous company) that are useless.
The company rewards guys and girls that are good.
Although definitely still a bit of who you know …… which is improving

Interesting, but would it not be more likely to have a 15 year FO that is useless in a meritocracy as they may have been passed over for command multiple times?

RARA9
2nd Apr 2023, 07:47
Yes. I don't know what the other guy is on about.... We have plenty of useless FOs, but that seems to be an industry thing, it's impossible to sack people these days unless they literally break/kill something/someone

yes sorry that didn’t really make sense , I think I was trying to get at the fact of seniority scales . So you have a “senior FO” earning over 120k who is useless but is senior . That used to get at me

go-around flap 15
2nd Apr 2023, 08:16
yes sorry that didn’t really make sense , I think I was trying to get at the fact of seniority scales . So you have a “senior FO” earning over 120k who is useless but is senior . That used to get at me

Makes perfect sense, can imagine it being frustrating. Have also heard from a few mates in 'Big Airways' that being 'useless' isn't solely the preserve of RHS crew. Not to turn this into a seniority debate but when friends outside of the business ask why I can't join BA/Virgin/TUI etc as a Captain, despite having been one for years, they are a little confused. They're even more surprised when I go on to explain i'd join at the bottom of the payscales as a year 1 FO (save perhaps for VS as SFO).

Atrus600
8th Apr 2023, 07:31
Recruitment adverts updated to only type rated candidates now for Boeing and Airbus

737 Jockey
10th Apr 2023, 14:18
Could any current Jet2 pilots briefly outline the options available for part-time or unpaid leave etc. during the ‘quiet’ Winter season. TIA

Oasis
15th Apr 2023, 12:40
What are the current wait times from application to first contact?

iggle piggle
24th Apr 2023, 16:37
Could any current Jet2 pilots briefly outline the options available for part-time or unpaid leave etc. during the ‘quiet’ Winter season. TIA

Winter just gone was up to 3 months (usually 2-5 months) off on half pay, full pension, leave adjusted accordingly , not guaranteed and was restricted at some bases this year. There are other options but they never seem as appealing.

Ascendo tuum
25th Apr 2023, 06:56
But if you do want Winter options, or even permanent part-time working, temporary overseas base secondments (free holiday in the sun), Football / Rugby Charter night stops, contactable duties, and standby duties, then definitely don't become a Trainer with them.

3Greens
25th Apr 2023, 08:26
Makes perfect sense, can imagine it being frustrating. Have also heard from a few mates in 'Big Airways' that being 'useless' isn't solely the preserve of RHS crew. Not to turn this into a seniority debate but when friends outside of the business ask why I can't join BA/Virgin/TUI etc as a Captain, despite having been one for years, they are a little confused. They're even more surprised when I go on to explain i'd join at the bottom of the payscales as a year 1 FO (save perhaps for VS as SFO).

that’s a shame I agree. It’s frankly hard to imagine how BA/TUI/Virgin have managed to survive with out you. Suggest writing to the DFO @big airways quoting your mates and tell him you’re available for immediate hire onto Pp24 LHS A350 as you’ve “been a Captain for years”.
Let us all know how you get on.

Flying Wild
25th Apr 2023, 10:31
that’s a shame I agree. It’s frankly hard to imagine how BA/TUI/Virgin have managed to survive with out you. Suggest writing to the DFO @big airways quoting your mates and tell him you’re available for immediate hire onto Pp24 LHS A350 as you’ve “been a Captain for years”.

It’s this kind of attitude to job/lifestyle protectionism that makes aviation rather unique in the world of commerce/business. For example, You’re ok, because you’re on PP24, so f*%k everyone else below you.
I’m not aware of any other industry where someone with commensurate experience would be required to start back at the bottom of the ladder. To an outsider it does seem rather strange. One might argue it also caps pay and conditions, as airlines know they have a relatively captive workforce. If DEC/DE(S)FO were commonplace, airlines would have to offer the right package to recruit/retain workforce. Doubt this will change in my lifetime though.

RARA9
25th Apr 2023, 11:13
It’s this kind of attitude to job/lifestyle protectionism that makes aviation rather unique in the world of commerce/business. For example, You’re ok, because you’re on PP24, so f*%k everyone else below you.
I’m not aware of any other industry where someone with commensurate experience would be required to start back at the bottom of the ladder. To an outsider it does seem rather strange. One might argue it also caps pay and conditions, as airlines know they have a relatively captive workforce. If DEC/DE(S)FO were commonplace, airlines would have to offer the right package to recruit/retain workforce. Doubt this will change in my lifetime though.

that’s one of the reasons I left BA ! Guys like him stuck in a pipe dream and seniority bubble which HR absolutely love

Alrosa
25th Apr 2023, 12:13
Well I’m certainly not going to sit here and defend seniority, but there are pros and cons to everything. Having worked at two airlines without seniority - the downside was a system in which a significant element of the promotion process was being on good terms with the chief pilot, and being a yes man and not creating “issues” or being “awkward” (no guidance on what that might mean in practise!) This lead to less than ideal candidates being promoted.

In contrast, the current airline I work for has a very transparent command process which, yes, does of course partly depend on seniority, but has little to do with you being best mates with the chief pilot or head of training…

I think there’s pros and cons to both, and one makes one’s choices accordingly.

3Greens
25th Apr 2023, 13:33

so why don’t pilots switch between companies that don’t have seniority? No seniority at Easy, Ryan or jet2 .

Atrus600
25th Apr 2023, 15:19
hold pool thread now seniority debate like most threads ha

Flying Wild
25th Apr 2023, 20:09
so why don’t pilots switch between companies that don’t have seniority? No seniority at Easy, Ryan or jet2 .
Easy - Ryanair - different types
Ryanair - Jet2 (or vice versa) - people do.
Easy - Jet2 - likely now there is an airbus fleet.

3Greens
25th Apr 2023, 22:08
Easy - Ryanair - different types
Ryanair - Jet2 (or vice versa) - people do.
Easy - Jet2 - likely now there is an airbus fleet.
in that case it’ll be very Intersting to see
if the theory about increasing salaries is correct then….
not sure the differnant types is a valid arguement though as each new hire is required to complete a course at the new company anyway. Granted previous experience on type “may” be of some benefit, but it’s not a barrier to movement of labour like seniority.

SpamCanDriver
26th Apr 2023, 19:08

Half of Ryanair are joining J2

3Greens
26th Apr 2023, 21:02

As DEC?

Flying Wild
26th Apr 2023, 21:28
in that case it’ll be very Intersting to see
if the theory about increasing salaries is correct then….
not sure the differnant types is a valid arguement though as each new hire is required to complete a course at the new company anyway. Granted previous experience on type “may” be of some benefit, but it’s not a barrier to movement of labour like seniority.

An OCC is very different to having to do a new type rating, plus associated training burden with training sectors.

3Greens
26th Apr 2023, 22:22
An OCC is very different to having to do a new type rating, plus associated training burden with training sectors.
But it’s not really is it? Couple less sims and a few fewer line training flights. Anyway, we’re considering captains that are supposed to be able to move freely from Co to co without starting at the bottom. Surely Captain X is capable of passing a new type DEC course at min cost (read min sectors) as he’s “been a captain for years”.

SpamCanDriver
27th Apr 2023, 05:37
As DEC?

It was obviously tongue in cheek, but a'lot from Ryanair are joining J2 in both seats. More are joining in the right seat as J2 have more vacancies there

go-around flap 15
27th Apr 2023, 15:22
But it’s not really is it? Couple less sims and a few fewer line training flights. Anyway, we’re considering captains that are supposed to be able to move freely from Co to co without starting at the bottom. Surely Captain X is capable of passing a new type DEC course at min cost (read min sectors) as he’s “been a captain for years”.

3Greens, I’m assuming you’re referring to my original post in which I used the phrase ‘captain for years’ when describing friends outside the industry being surprised how it isn’t necessarily possible for one to move to certain airlines anywhere other than the bottom - ‘but you’ve been a captain for years’ being their response. If you look around at what the norm is outside of aviation, you would surely see that those words are not unexpected of someone who is perhaps a Dr/Lawyer/Engineer etc?

I made no particular comment about my self worth or feeling of entitlement to join big airlines on PP24.

If that’s how you choose to interpret my post then fair enough, it certainly wasn’t how it was intended though.

I disagree that there is little between a type rating and a full OCC. I have done both. The type rating took over twice as long, and with 3x the sim sessions and 3x the line training sectors. That is huge. If you’re recruiting 200+ pilots in a single season that is a huge training burden!

Bradley Hardacre
27th Apr 2023, 16:41

I doubt that

CASBO
27th Apr 2023, 17:42

I think the point you're missing is that there are many highly competent potential A350 LHS who have not only been a captain for years, but would also work for a lot less than PP24. The DFO and certainly IAG's shareholders would be most interested in that.
See, eg, RAF A330 pilots who have been doing a more demanding job for a third of the money.

It's BALPA/organised labour rather than any special flying talent endowed by staying at BA for 30 years that stops you being replaced by the itinerants above.

Atrus600
3rd May 2023, 05:12
Month 7 since assessment, arms getting tired 😂 🏊‍♂️ NTR FO anyone else still out there same situation? No contact for last few months, not sure wether to email or would this make my chances even less

RARA9
3rd May 2023, 08:00
Month 7 since assessment, arms getting tired 😂 🏊‍♂️ NTR FO anyone else still out there same situation? No contact for last few months, not sure wether to email or would this make my chances even less

I must admit this is a poor show by Jet2 I would expect better

Mr Good Cat
4th May 2023, 19:56

Would you need base training? If you’re not eligible for ZFT then it’s difficult in the summer for any leisure airline to give up an airframe for circuits. So I would imagine that ZFT-able candidates are getting priority in the busy season.

Atrus600
5th May 2023, 11:39
Another candidate I spoke to was told despite meeting CAA requirements for ZFTT they have, if I remember this correctly, their own internal higher hour requirements exceeding this and as you say couldn’t spare any aircraft at this time of year for base training. I have 2500 hours but haven’t been told either way of require base training or not, I would imagine I would not. Be good to even have an indication of say end of year if plan but believe they launching new recruitment campaign soon. Just keep swimming with hope……

annakm
5th May 2023, 15:07
Another candidate I spoke to was told despite meeting CAA requirements for ZFTT they have, if I remember this correctly, their own internal higher hour requirements exceeding this and as you say couldn’t spare any aircraft at this time of year for base training. I have 2500 hours but haven’t been told either way of require base training or not, I would imagine I would not. Be good to even have an indication of say end of year if plan but believe they launching new recruitment campaign soon. Just keep swimming with hope……

Brother in law put application in this week. 3500 hours on 737 - current medical etc. Be interesting if he gets a call.

Johnny F@rt Pants
5th May 2023, 15:49
Another candidate I spoke to was told despite meeting CAA requirements for ZFTT they have, if I remember this correctly, their own internal higher hour requirements exceeding this

Not true at all, CAA requirements only. Sometimes candidates are allocated base training over ZFT as this then allows them to start line training with a regular LTC rather than a ZFT instructor due to their availability. Not all LTCs are ZFT qualified.

Atrus600
6th May 2023, 05:19
Interesting thanks for the information will post any updates in the future if any developments

Mr Good Cat
7th May 2023, 21:37
Brother in law put application in this week. 3500 hours on 737 - current medical etc. Be interesting if he gets a call.

Unless he’s got a history, then I’d say he can expect a call. Experienced AND rated.

BWSBoy6
8th May 2023, 11:49
Unless he’s got a history, then I’d say he can expect a call. Experienced AND rated.

Hopefully good news then. I think he’s just assumed he’d be in the hold pool.

annakm
14th May 2023, 09:46

Ive slipped in an application too. Also current with relevant hours/experience etc.
Anyone have any idea how long it took to get any follow up call?

ser
15th May 2023, 05:58
Ive slipped in an application too. Also current with relevant hours/experience etc.
Anyone have any idea how long it took to get any follow up call?

FOs at my airline have heard back within 2-3 working days with potential interview dates. For captains, it seems to vary. This is for 737 rated.

marcus1290
16th May 2023, 08:50
Recruitment for the summer now complete. Year round recruitment taking place for expansion, I'd assume targeting 320 rated folk. Rumours of a new Liverpool base being announced imminently.

sdbelgium
16th May 2023, 12:56
Recruitment for the summer now complete. Year round recruitment taking place for expansion, I'd assume targeting 320 rated folk. Rumours of a new Liverpool base being announced imminently.
Announced today.

https://www.jet2.com/news/2023/05/Jet2_com_and_Jet2holidays_announce_launch_of_flights_and_hol idays_from_new_base_Liverpool_John_Lennon_Airport

737 Jockey
18th May 2023, 13:41
Any news on a future LGW base? Asking for a ‘friend’…

SpamCanDriver
18th May 2023, 17:32
Any news on a future LGW base? Asking for a ‘friend’…

Nothing official

But unofficially it's a done deal according to galley FM..... make of that what you will.
I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen though

737 Jockey
18th May 2023, 17:35
Thanks. My ‘friend’ will be pleased, but not holding my his breath… 😉

mesh
21st May 2023, 10:05
It’s on the table with others apparently and another pay rise soon :)

RARA9
21st May 2023, 16:35
It’s on the table with others apparently and another pay rise soon :)

another pay rise?

852pilot
22nd May 2023, 13:24
Any news on STN base Airbus TR CAPT/FO? When will STN start getting neo?

“Asking for a friend as well”

Mr Good Cat
22nd May 2023, 17:22
Any news on STN base Airbus TR CAPT/FO? When will STN start getting neo?

“Asking for a friend as well”

They can't get the Airbus to MAN and BHX as quick as they were planning, so STN unlikely until the deliveries ramp up in 2024. And even then they'll likely want to focus on MAN where they really need the bigger aircraft due to the stand shortage.

Moonraker4
22nd May 2023, 17:50
Anyone struggled with comms from J2 recently? Informed I passed the assessment a couple weeks ago but had no phone call regarding base/contract since whereas I know some who got the contract the day after being told they passed. Sent an email last week but heard nothing back so just trying to get a feel for the avg turnaround time getting the contract.

852pilot
22nd May 2023, 18:57
They can't get the Airbus to MAN and BHX as quick as they were planning, so STN unlikely until the deliveries ramp up in 2024. And even then they'll likely want to focus on MAN where they really need the bigger aircraft due to the stand shortage.

thanks 👍

BWSBoy6
23rd May 2023, 11:46

You were right. Call received last week and invite to SIM assessment.

Atrus600
24th May 2023, 05:44
don’t think it’s anything to worry about usually the ones that take a couple of weeks is training etc sorting out places on courses etc they should respond to you email might just take few days, oh to be rated! Congratulations passing!

Anyone struggled with comms from J2 recently? Informed I passed the assessment a couple weeks ago but had no phone call regarding base/contract since whereas I know some who got the contract the day after being told they passed. Sent an email last week but heard nothing back so just trying to get a feel for the avg turnaround time getting the contract.

monkey.tennis
27th May 2023, 19:24
What is the typical variable pay per year at jet2?

Atrus600
27th Jun 2023, 08:05
Looks like new recruitment campaign to be launched anyone NTR had any movement lately?

go-around flap 15
3rd Jul 2023, 16:19
Looking at the figures on PPJN, Jet2 seem to be blowing the likes of easyJet/Ryanair/BA EF out of the water on pay. Approaching legacy carrier pay levels for SFOs. Is anyone within the airline concerned as to the sustainability of this going forward? An ex colleague there has spoken about another payrise coming at the end of the summer in order to attract airbus talent away from easyJet at MAN.

737 Jockey
3rd Jul 2023, 17:08
I think I’d be more concerned if I was (had the misfortune) to be a Ryanair U.K. manager, looking at the amount of RYR 737 drivers Jet2 are hoovering up at the moment. I think Jet2 have been quick off the mark to spot the shortage of qualified/experienced Pilots that are both licenced, and have the right to live/work in the U.K. given the expansion plans, and the recruitment at many other U.K. carriers. IMHO, Jet2 will need a better, probably fixed roster to attract significant numbers of easyJet pilots away from Planet Orange, as the financial package is pretty similar between the two.

RARA9
3rd Jul 2023, 19:52
Looking at the figures on PPJN, Jet2 seem to be blowing the likes of easyJet/Ryanair/BA EF out of the water on pay. Approaching legacy carrier pay levels for SFOs. Is anyone within the airline concerned as to the sustainability of this going forward? An ex colleague there has spoken about another payrise coming at the end of the summer in order to attract airbus talent away from easyJet at MAN.

heard rumours of a further 4% rise in the Autumn. Not concerned at all , have a huge amount of faith in the leadership team at Jet2 . Probably the best bunch I have seen in an airline ! The results clearly speak for themselves

ToCatLady
4th Jul 2023, 07:24
The more pay rises J2 give out the better it is for the rest of us too! RYR are being left far, far behind in the U.K. and the likes of BA VA are going to have to increase their package to stay ahead of J2.

Toastal
4th Jul 2023, 21:19
[QUOTE=Mr Good Cat;11438663]They can't get the Airbus to MAN and BHX as quick as they were planning, so STN unlikely until the deliveries ramp up in 2024. And even then they'll likely want to focus on MAN where they really need the bigger aircraft due to the stand shortage.[/QUOT

Any idea if or what the plan is to put NEOs up north in jockland? Surely it would make sense as EDI/GLA have the longest routes in the network! T

Table For 1
5th Jul 2023, 19:18
[QUOTE=Mr Good Cat;11438663]They can't get the Airbus to MAN and BHX as quick as they were planning, so STN unlikely until the deliveries ramp up in 2024. And even then they'll likely want to focus on MAN where they really need the bigger aircraft due to the stand shortage.[/QUOT

Any idea if or what the plan is to put NEOs up north in jockland? Surely it would make sense as EDI/GLA have the longest routes in the network! T

Now for all its plus points sometimes Jet2 doesn't think things through......I mean you would use your available SFP 737s at the most limiting field in the network (LBA) wouldn't you...........discuss. (Extra marks for showing your working!)

SpamCanDriver
6th Jul 2023, 07:46
[QUOTE=Toastal;11462004]

Now for all its plus points sometimes Jet2 doesn't think things through......I mean you would use your available SFP 737s at the most limiting field in the network (LBA) wouldn't you...........discuss. (Extra marks for showing your working!)

You've done a thorough cost analysis proving the SFP aircraft would generate more revenue out of LBA, than their current bases?

go-around flap 15
6th Jul 2023, 08:06
Would one get marks in their working for correctly identifying there are a handful of destinations served downroute out of all Jet2 bases that also require a healthy contingent of SFP airframes, such as ACE, JSI, JTR etc?...

This seems like more of a discussion for the 'airlines/airports/routes' subforum rather than here though.

Mr Good Cat
6th Jul 2023, 08:20

With 146 NEOs likely to be delivered over the next 12 years, they will almost certainly be at every base. In the short term, they'll be at MAN followed by BHX. It wouldn't make sense to have one or two frames at different bases for obvious fleet support reasons. It will happen though, so sit tight.

excrab
6th Jul 2023, 08:24
[QUOTE=Toastal;11462004]

Can’t show my working, because I used J2s onboard performance tool, but in identical conditions and calm winds Bristol is actually more limiting than Leeds.

However, as shorter routes to the Med, mainland Spain and France don’t need so much fuel the standard wingletted 800s are ok on some routes, so a mix of standard and SFP airframes works, and at Leeds allows rotation of airframes if they need engineering attention.

Oasis
8th Jul 2023, 07:49
What if you don't have a 737/ a320 type but you want to join jet2, can they do a training bond? I don't mind a bond, but I don't feel like doing a type rating without the assurance of a position.

737 Jockey
8th Jul 2023, 08:24
Everyone gets a training bond at Jet2, TR or NTR.

Oasis
9th Jul 2023, 12:10
Everyone gets a training bond at Jet2, TR or NTR.
Thanks, I've not seen them advertise for ntr yet..

Mr Good Cat
9th Jul 2023, 15:27
What if you don't have a 737/ a320 type but you want to join jet2, can they do a training bond? I don't mind a bond, but I don't feel like doing a type rating without the assurance of a position.

You don't need to be rated to join Jet2. However, if you are not rated, and you don't have the relevant hours on medium / large jets then you would require base training, which means you would likely be recruited over the winter season when there are spare airframes to do this.

If your time in HK is on heavy jets, you'll be fine. You'll just be bonded for 3 years for the cost of sim and line training.

Jonty
9th Jul 2023, 15:50
For the Airbus fleet we really need ZFT candidates apparently

Oasis
10th Jul 2023, 07:06
You don't need to be rated to join Jet2. However, if you are not rated, and you don't have the relevant hours on medium / large jets then you would require base training, which means you would likely be recruited over the winter season when there are spare airframes to do this.

If your time in HK is on heavy jets, you'll be fine. You'll just be bonded for 3 years for the cost of sim and line training.

thank you for that info!
what is time to command at Jet2, at the moment?

Mr Good Cat
10th Jul 2023, 11:16
thank you for that info!
what is time to command at Jet2, at the moment?

That would depend on which fleet you are joining. It's currently very quick on both fleets, but the expansion will be all airbus which means the commands will slow down a bit on the Boeing. I think if you plan on about a year on the Airbus (providing you pass the assessments etc) then that would be about right.

skianyn vannin
10th Jul 2023, 11:26
For the Airbus fleet we really need ZFT candidates apparently

So what is happening to everyone who made an application some 18 months ago? The only communication I've had stated that basically they hadn't binned my application.

10500TT, 6000 hrs on A320 5500 command

rotorwills
10th Jul 2023, 11:34
So what is happening to everyone who made an application some 18 months ago? The only communication I've had stated that basically they hadn't binned my application.

I have heard that age sometimes comes into place with these guys. Not accusing them just that I have heard rumours.

Johnny F@rt Pants
10th Jul 2023, 13:24
I have heard that age sometimes comes into place with these guys. Not accusing them just that I have heard rumours.

Not sure what you are inferring, however I am currently completing LST’s for 2 new joiners, the FO is 53 and the Captain 55.

Big Tudor
10th Jul 2023, 17:27
Not sure what you are inferring, however I am currently completing LST’s for 2 new joiners, the FO is 53 and the Captain 55.

Nice for us to have some pilots who are older than some of the aircraft. 😆😆

rotorwills
10th Jul 2023, 19:09

I am not inferring. I am passing on a rumour. After all this is a rumour network. Title!

Flyit Pointit Sortit
17th Jul 2023, 20:10

Don't despair, I put an application in, a similar time ago to you and only had the sim 2 weeks ago. I haven't had the results yet but I'll let you know if I hear any more about things.

The difference between us though, is that I kept with the mob and renewed my rating after 2020's "fun". Have you renewed yours?

DCT_ELSIR
19th Jul 2023, 14:05
Any thoughts on the potential for Airbus rated DEC recruitment for S24?

skydriver98
20th Jul 2023, 11:23
Good day all,

Seeing as it started as a hold pool thread, I thought I would hop on the trend and post something unrelated and ask if anyone has some indirect feedback/tips for the A321 assessment? Anything to focus on other than the usual and important company info? Sim & Interview next week so any advice very much appreciated!

Whitemonk Returns
20th Jul 2023, 15:23
Well it's been over 24 hours and nobody has mentioned it so you can tell the Profit Share announcement has been a complete dud. A disasterclass in how to take 3 or 4 years of goodwill and destroy it in a single email, 40% of the pie stolen by management after they spent 6 months running around telling people to expect more than 2 times monthly salary, they left out the part it was only themselves they were talking about. Chaotic rollout, part timers paid more than full timers, CC getting offered 4k then quickly rescinded as not eligible. There has been a nervous energy about the place since big PM stepped down a few weeks ago and now we know why, this is the future. Mass exits this winter would should be expected in all areas of the business, particularly FD and engineering. Shame.

Chesty Morgan
20th Jul 2023, 15:42
I'm sure you'll be happier at Emirates.

goaroundnow
20th Jul 2023, 15:58
This must be a wind-up! What a ridiculous post - and factually incorrect.

Well it's been over 24 hours and nobody has mentioned it so you can tell the Profit Share announcement has been a complete dud. A disasterclass in how to take 3 or 4 years of goodwill and destroy it in a single email, 40% of the pie stolen by management after they spent 6 months running around telling people to expect more than 2 times monthly salary, they left out the part it was only themselves they were talking about. Chaotic rollout, part timers paid more than full timers, CC getting offered 4k then quickly rescinded as not eligible. There has been a nervous energy about the place since big PM stepped down a few weeks ago and now we know why, this is the future. Mass exits this winter would should be expected in all areas of the business, particularly FD and engineering. Shame.

Whitemonk Returns
20th Jul 2023, 16:03
This must be a wind-up! What a ridiculous post - and factually incorrect.

Ridiculous maybe, not factually incorrect however

goaroundnow
20th Jul 2023, 16:06
It is because you’d know only too well that the management bonuses don’t come from the same pie and had no bearing whatsoever on the profit-share bonus.

Ridiculous maybe, not factually incorrect however

Rhodes13
20th Jul 2023, 17:34

If you're upset at how you've been treated at Jet 2 you're in for a world of hurt should you venture to the sandpit. This type of stuff is just a normal Monday morning for those guys, they've made an artform out of screwing over their employees.

Whitemonk Returns
20th Jul 2023, 18:07
It's funny how people quickly resort to personal attacks when someone merely points out what an utter shambles its been, its OK to like where you work (for the record I do, and have stuck uo for the company many times on this board) but you should also be honest when things don't go right. And for the posters above who think I am just upset, I'm not, it doesn't actually effect my pocket at the end of the day for separate reasons (apart from maybe the pension), but if you think things are going well or that was a success I suggest speaking to the next CC or Eng you come across and ask them. There are whole lines of ENG for example who have been given leave by their future employers to wait until next week until they resign. Now the other lot who were planning on staying will be dusting off their CVs I would imagine, it was a slap in the face in my opinion for the management to do that to everyone, and the 'oh but they do stuff like that all the time' in other places doesn't hold up when we have had to listen to their One Team nonsense in every other email for years. This was their chance to show us the way forward without PM and they blew it. Last post on it from me :suspect:

Chesty Morgan
20th Jul 2023, 19:06
I'm curious. How exactly did they "blow it"?

Knightrider123
20th Jul 2023, 19:10
Jet2 gets worse over the years. As the expansion continues the experience gets less. Not only on the ground but worryingly in the flight deck. Lots of bad blood in Manchester, which is the biggest base even before the profit share was announced. Based management not good enough to sort pilot issues out especially in bigger bases. Profit share has been a disaster considered it was whipped from them pre Covid. Sorry chaps, but now meeson has gone this is a red Ryanair.

Crewing Gimp
20th Jul 2023, 19:21

wow that was quick! Was interested how it would go after Phillip let go of the reins.

Sadly was always going to happen with the management team now in place and the focus all on the holidays, without union recognition or support the future isn’t looking as rosy.

Mr Good Cat
20th Jul 2023, 19:51
It's funny how people quickly resort to personal attacks when someone merely points out what an utter shambles its been, its OK to like where you work (for the record I do, and have stuck uo for the company many times on this board) but you should also be honest when things don't go right. And for the posters above who think I am just upset, I'm not, it doesn't actually effect my pocket at the end of the day for separate reasons (apart from maybe the pension), but if you think things are going well or that was a success I suggest speaking to the next CC or Eng you come across and ask them. There are whole lines of ENG for example who have been given leave by their future employers to wait until next week until they resign. Now the other lot who were planning on staying will be dusting off their CVs I would imagine, it was a slap in the face in my opinion for the management to do that to everyone, and the 'oh but they do stuff like that all the time' in other places doesn't hold up when we have had to listen to their One Team nonsense in every other email for years. This was their chance to show us the way forward without PM and they blew it. Last post on it from me :suspect:

Just out of interest, what was the pre-tax figure you were quoted as a Captain?

Flying Wild
20th Jul 2023, 19:55
I'm curious. How exactly did they "blow it"?

Well, acknowledging that they've cocked things up for starters. 100% captains are receiving different amounts (only a £3-4 spread, but why the difference?). There are people recently returned from long term sick who are receiving several thousand pounds more. People who have had the same amount of optional leave have been told differing amounts too. It's a shambles. They need to reflect on the company Just Culture - open and honest. At the moment it's comms silence. They need to share their methodology, as if it's been left to the new HR system to calculate, there's no wonder its gone wrong.

Flying Wild
20th Jul 2023, 19:56
Just out of interest, what was the pre-tax figure you were quoted as a Captain?
Around £14.7k for Captains and just under £10k for an SFO.

Chesty Morgan
21st Jul 2023, 06:54
Well, acknowledging that they've cocked things up for starters. 100% captains are receiving different amounts (only a £3-4 spread, but why the difference?). There are people recently returned from long term sick who are receiving several thousand pounds more. People who have had the same amount of optional leave have been told differing amounts too. It's a shambles. They need to reflect on the company Just Culture - open and honest. At the moment it's comms silence. They need to share their methodology, as if it's been left to the new HR system to calculate, there's no wonder its gone wrong.
And how is all.of that caused by PM announcing he is stepping down in the future?!

Chesty Morgan
21st Jul 2023, 08:06
You're talking like he's gone already. He hasn't!

Biffsticksuperhero
21st Jul 2023, 08:28
We know he hasn’t yet, but the transition has started.

Still lots to be positive about so don’t take my previous comment as a negative, but quite important to try to understand why some in the company might have not taken it too well on this occasion.

Can actually feel the fizzing from the Jet2 die hard elite over these slanderous remarks. 🤣

Meeeeesooon forever ✌🏻

Flying Wild
21st Jul 2023, 15:24
You're talking like he's gone already. He hasn't!
Yes, but it doesn't seem like anyone is owning this issue. Lack of transparancy regarding how the sums were arrived at is also an issue.

DCT_ELSIR
22nd Jul 2023, 17:47
Any thoughts on the potential for Airbus rated DEC recruitment for S24?

Just bumping this back to the top, would appreciate any insight.

737 Jockey
22nd Jul 2023, 17:57
Just bumping this back to the top, would appreciate any insight.

Once the bottleneck in Airbus deliveries reduces, I’d say there’s excellent potential. 5/9 on recent OCC were direct entry Airbus. Priority given to trainers of course. MAN and BHX are initial Airbus bases.

allthegearsdown
23rd Jul 2023, 18:17
Hi everyone,
I received a phone call that I've been through the selection process successfully, do you guys know how long do they take to send a contract and give you a start date, I'm a 737 rated FO.

Thank You

DCT_ELSIR
24th Jul 2023, 11:43
Once the bottleneck in Airbus deliveries reduces, I’d say there’s excellent potential. 5/9 on recent OCC were direct entry Airbus. Priority given to trainers of course. MAN and BHX are initial Airbus bases.

Thanks. My circumstances mean that I might miss the boat for S24 but I’m guessing the requirement will continue into S25 and beyond.

737 Jockey
24th Jul 2023, 11:53
Hi everyone,
I received a phone call that I've been through the selection process successfully, do you guys know how long do they take to send a contract and give you a start date, I'm a 737 rated FO.

Thank You

Congrats!

depends on OCC availability, your notice period and choice of base. Think training is just ongoing, so shouldn’t be an issue. Everyone heard back within 3-4 days of the success at assessment phone call. 75% got first choice base. Contracts issued within 24 hours of offer. I wouldn’t worry if you don’t get exactly the same time scale, as they’re very busy, but it seems to be a reasonably quick turnaround in general.

New postings for ongoing TR FO recruitment for B737 and A321 have gone live.

Pilotman14
28th Aug 2023, 21:27
Hi all, I am wanting to join Jet 2 as a NTR candidate (Attempting to anyways). I am wanting either MAN or LBA base. Wondering if anyone can give me an insight into the availability of these bases and how likely it is to get them?

Cheers

ser
29th Aug 2023, 07:55
Hi all, I am wanting to join Jet 2 as a NTR candidate (Attempting to anyways). I am wanting either MAN or LBA base. Wondering if anyone can give me an insight into the availability of these bases and how likely it is to get them?

Cheers

Base availability is seat-dependent, I know earlier this year MAN was not available directly as an OCC captain, but the transfer list is relatively short and with Liverpool opening in May, a base transfer will be likely by then. As for LBA, it was an option for both FOs/Captains joining the company in June/July/August/September.

If both airports are equidistant to you, I would recommend LBA. MAN is a ballache to get from the parking to the crew room for all airlines based there and you have to factor in a good 30 minutes from the car park to the crew room. Whereas LBA parking is right in front of security. The flipside is that LBA is a more challenging airport and you'll probably be diverting to MAN whenever the weather is particularly horrendous.

Pilotman14
29th Aug 2023, 13:45
Base availability is seat-dependent, I know earlier this year MAN was not available directly as an OCC captain, but the transfer list is relatively short and with Liverpool opening in May, a base transfer will be likely by then. As for LBA, it was an option for both FOs/Captains joining the company in June/July/August/September.

If both airports are equidistant to you, I would recommend LBA. MAN is a ballache to get from the parking to the crew room for all airlines based there and you have to factor in a good 30 minutes from the car park to the crew room. Whereas LBA parking is right in front of security. The flipside is that LBA is a more challenging airport and you'll probably be diverting to MAN whenever the weather is particularly horrendous.

Ah thats great thanks for your help (I am a FO). I am only 10mins from LBA and 50mins from Man, so hopefully LBA is available for me :)

SW1
30th Aug 2023, 14:34
Anyone know how long the base transfers are? Specifically Birmingham to Stansted. Understand it all depends on where the aircraft are being deployed but would appreciate if anyone knows base transfer times for the Airbus.

Johnny F@rt Pants
30th Aug 2023, 14:51
Anyone know how long the base transfers are? Specifically Birmingham to Stansted. Understand it all depends on where the aircraft are being deployed but would appreciate if anyone knows base transfer times for the Airbus.

There aren’t any Airbus based at STN so your question cannot be answered.

go-around flap 15
30th Aug 2023, 15:30

As above, no Airbus at STN aside from the Titan/Hi-Fly seasonal leases. There are noises that STN is due to receive the Airbuses after MAN & BHX but rumours at J2 are often false prophecies!

The positive news is that STN & BRS seem to be the most undercrewed bases in the network and so there is always availability in both seats. STN especially due to the growth over the last few years and number of airframes.

SpamCanDriver
31st Aug 2023, 10:34
As above, no Airbus at STN aside from the Titan/Hi-Fly seasonal leases. There are noises that STN is due to receive the Airbuses after MAN & BHX but rumours at J2 are often false prophecies!

The positive news is that STN & BRS seem to be the most undercrewed bases in the network and so there is always availability in both seats. STN especially due to the growth over the last few years and number of airframes.

I have a friend in the RHS, still waiting for his base transfer to BRS

mesh
9th Sep 2023, 14:22
I have a friend in the RHS, still waiting for his base transfer to BRS
yep not short of rhs in brs

Samantha0898
10th Sep 2023, 11:44
Anyone know how long the base transfers are? Specifically EDI/GLA. Thanks

Yorkshire_Pudding
11th Sep 2023, 23:17
Anyone know how long the base transfers are? Specifically EDI/GLA. Thanks

depends on your _ _ _ report

Smooth Airperator
16th Sep 2023, 10:51
Confusing situation for me as an A321 type rated Captain who first applied a year ago...

Email received late August:

Good Morning,

Thank you for applying for the role of A321 Type Rated Captain at Jet2.com.

We have now completed our recruitment for 2023 and we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your interest in Jet2.com and Jet2holidays and invite you to await further vacancies on our careers website at www.jet2careers.com (http://www.jet2careers.com). You can add ‘job alerts’ to your candidate profile so you will receive e-mail notifications as soon as suitable positions are advertised.

If you are interested in finding out more about working for Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, please visit www.jet2careers.com/videos (http://www.jet2careers.com/videos) to get more of an insight.

We wish you every success in the future.

Kind Regards,

The Jet2.com and Jet2holidays Recruitment Team

But then a month later, fresh A321 vacancies listed. If I try to apply again using the same profile, I can't because the application for the same position is still showing pending. Seems to be the only way out is to use another profile. Any ideas?

Thanks

skianyn vannin
16th Sep 2023, 13:46
Confusing situation for me as an A321 type rated Captain who first applied a year ago...

But then a month later, fresh A321 vacancies listed. If I try to apply again using the same profile, I can't because the application for the same position is still showing pending. Seems to be the only way out is to use another profile. Any ideas?

Thanks
Both myself and a former work colleague received the same email. Both of us had applied for Airbus DEC.

Smooth Airperator
17th Sep 2023, 09:18
Thanks. Are your previous applications showing 'Pending' within the job portal?

Mr Good Cat
17th Sep 2023, 17:07

Thanks

Both myself and a former work colleague received the same email. Both of us had applied for Airbus DEC.

Interviewed or just ‘applied’? If you interviewed you obviously didn’t make the cut this time but are invited to reapply after the nominal 12 month period. Work on any areas that were mentioned in feedback.

If you applied but didn’t make the interviews in time for this round of recruitment, then I would apply again but definitely mention that you have an application still pending. What you don’t want is to look like you’re trying to ‘fool’ the system somehow as a back door way in.

Good Luck, it’s worth knowing as much as you can about the differences between the Jet2 ethos and the low-cost model, and why it is that way.

skianyn vannin
18th Sep 2023, 14:26
In my case I applied but didn't get any further than Jet2 acknowledging my application. I'm 56 and haven't flow commercially since easyJet closed my base in 2020, so to be honest I'm not really expecting to get any further.

SW1
19th Sep 2023, 00:26
I would try Lauda. Soon to be needing captains. But if you haven't flown in over 36 months? You are going to find it difficult anywhere to be honest
Lauda won't be the best option after today's news

TheAirMission
19th Sep 2023, 07:28
In my case I applied but didn't get any further than Jet2 acknowledging my application. I'm 56 and haven't flow commercially since easyJet closed my base in 2020, so to be honest I'm not really expecting to get any further. Any reason why you didnt take the offer of BRS or LGW that you would've been offered? Or were you BER