PDA

View Full Version : Airbus 320 - PERF page

dcoded
23rd Sep 2019, 10:26
Sometimes when setting up the secondary flight plan for an immediate return, there is no option to put in a Radio DH in the APPR phase in the PERF pages.
i am tying to figure out in what conditions it will not be displayed. Some help or guidance please.
see the attached picture, the runway in question has CAT 3 capability.

Edit, image now uploaded
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1599x1480/untitled_2_ac41e1c5d0c9caccc54c9d824adad2a158ee8f81.jpg

FlightDetent
23rd Sep 2019, 15:07
Nice catch.

Sergei.a320
24th Sep 2019, 03:16
If there's no ILS/GLS approach in primary flight plan, there won't be RADIO field on PERF APPR page. Checked it couple of times in real flight;)

vilas
24th Sep 2019, 09:16
Depends on the FMS STD. I guess. Unable to load the picture but you get Radio option.

mokilu
24th Sep 2019, 15:11
You have a non-precision approach on your Primary Flight Plan. Change it to an ILS and you will have the option on the secondary.

TheEdge
24th Sep 2019, 15:14
If there's no ILS/GLS approach in primary flight plan, there won't be RADIO field on PERF APPR page. Checked it couple of times in real flight;)
yep exactly

vilas
24th Sep 2019, 17:12
If there's no ILS/GLS approach in primary flight plan, there won't be RADIO field on PERF APPR page. Checked it couple of times in real flight The original question is about when on ground preparing the secondary for quick return after takeoff. So where is the question of having any approach in the primary at this stage? It has nothing to do with the primary. You will get the RA option. I am unable to post the picture.

hans brinker
25th Sep 2019, 01:38
The original question is about when on ground preparing the secondary for quick return after takeoff. So where is the question of having any approach in the primary at this stage? It has nothing to do with the primary. You will get the RA option. I am unable to post the picture.
​​​​​​
haven't checked yet but it sounds like what they are saying:
You load your primary FPL first, then your secondary for the emergency return (diFSsripp). If your primary has no ILS at the destination, for some reason the secondary won't have an RA field on the perf page, even if your secondary has an ILS at the end. Sounds like a software error, I will try to duplicate tomorrow.....

Roj approved
26th Sep 2019, 01:54
Checked it yesterday, RA seems to be there with no destination Approach selected in the primary.

Sergei.a320
26th Sep 2019, 02:21
Checked it yesterday, RA seems to be there with no destination Approach selected in the primary.
EXACTLY!:D

hans brinker
26th Sep 2019, 05:48

same here..

dcoded
26th Sep 2019, 06:31
same here..

Thanks guys, will check it again once I am back to work after the weekend.

Like some one here mentioned it might be the case RA option is N/A if the destination aerodrome is programmed with a non-precision approach in the primary.
The picture taken was from a NEO, will check if our CEO's produce same outputs in same situations.

Check Airman
26th Sep 2019, 07:08
I must be getting old. I deliberately put an RNAV approach in the primary, then checked the sec perf page. Unfortunately, I can't remember if it showed RADIO or not.

CaptainMongo
26th Sep 2019, 16:43
Well in that case, we can deliberately state the jury has returned a verdict that you ARE old.:)

Check Airman
26th Sep 2019, 17:18
Touché. Now where did they say that fountain of youth was located?