PDA

View Full Version : Any recomendations on US Part 141, M1, Sevis approved School

lotusmutus
22nd Sep 2019, 18:50
Hi all, am an FAA ATPL RTC holder and looking at adding Fixed Wing PPL to my current cert. I have trawled endless places and now know I need to get the M1 visa to do the training, even after hearing conflicting reports. Anyways, to say the least I will get it. Also will need the school to have SEVIS to approve that. Anyway, I am sure some folks on here have done so in the past and was hoping for some recommendations of schools. So far have Chandler in Arizona and Skyeagle in Florida. Does anyone have any others please? It also seems it will have to be a Part 141 to get the sevis approval. Was looking at doing it all in tailwheel, and Chandler was only place, but open to other options too. They seem few and far between!
Trying to get it all done in a month, not many weather interruptions, good instructors, reasonable accomodation costs and some interesting flying. Not too fussed on location in so far as I can get the PPL done in the alloted time without breaking the bank!
Any info would be gretly appreciated. Thanks

Katamarino
23rd Sep 2019, 11:50
Cirrus Aviation in Sarasota, Florida. Super nice and helpful people, I did my PPL, IR, and CPL with them.

For more interesting scenery, Channel Islands Aviation in Camarillo, CA. Family owned business, same as Cirrus, and also really lovely people. Have rented from them a few times and still keep in touch.

lotusmutus
24th Sep 2019, 20:16
Cirrus Aviation in Sarasota, Florida. Super nice and helpful people, I did my PPL, IR, and CPL with them.

For more interesting scenery, Channel Islands Aviation in Camarillo, CA. Family owned business, same as Cirrus, and also really lovely people. Have rented from them a few times and still keep in touch.

Thanks very much for those. I will have a look into them :-)