PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Air 767 accident 23 Feb 2019 - any news?

Cubs2jets
9th Sep 2019, 23:36
The original thread on the crash has been closed for some time. This has all gone quiet without even Preliminary Cause. Anybody have any insight or additional information?

Thanks,

C2j

filejw
10th Sep 2019, 02:07
The original thread on the crash has been closed for some time. This has all gone quiet without even Preliminary Cause. Anybody have any insight or additional information?

Thanks,

C2j
NTSB doesn’t put out a Preliminary Cause but a short report does an did come out 30 days after the accident . In this case it really doesn’t say anything.
https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/ReportGeneratorFile.ashx?EventID=20190223X60222&AKey=1&RType=Prelim&IType=MA

Cubs2jets
10th Sep 2019, 02:33
NTSB doesn’t put out a Preliminary Cause but a short report does an did come out 30 days after the accident .

Quite right. Should not have said nothing was put out, and I used the wrong term. Should have said Preliminary Accident Report.

So. Now that that is sorted. Is there any news?

C2j

Airbubba
10th Sep 2019, 03:49
Rumor reported here and elsewhere is that as in the FedEx 647 and UPS 1354 freighter crashes one of the Atlas 3591 pilots had an egregious training record which was presumably overlooked for human resources reasons. The FedEx 647 NTSB report did not recommend higher training standards, instead it mandated increased remedial training for people with weak flying skills. The UPS 1354 NTSB report acknowledged the captain's documented training performance deficiencies but did not issue additional recommendations for remediation or increased standards.

fox niner
10th Sep 2019, 07:12
one of the Atlas 3591 pilots had an egregious training record which was presumably overlooked for human resources reasons

Do I need LPE level 7 to understand the NTSB’s motives, for their hesitation to publish a short, clear report in plain english? Or are there other sensitive issues?

DaveReidUK
10th Sep 2019, 07:48
Do I need LPE level 7 to understand the NTSB’s motives, for their hesitation to publish a short, clear report in plain english? Or are there other sensitive issues?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any investigation report into a fatal accident by any AIB that's been completed within barely six months of the event.

UltraFan
10th Sep 2019, 09:47
I'm sorry to be the tame Grinch, but my (very blunt and biased, because, full disclosure, I dislike both Amazon and Boeing) lines of thinking are as follows:

Line 1:
Jeff Bezos wants to launch drone delivery
Bezos's contractor crashed a plane
Bezos doesn't want negative publicity
NTSB's budget for 2018 was "over $100 million"
Bezos's personal income for 2018 was $32 billion
Boeing bought FAA
Bezos is haggling over the price of NTSB

Line 2:
Boeing has proven that it likes to cut corners
EgyptAir 990

ironbutt57
10th Sep 2019, 10:09
I'm sorry to be the tame Grinch, but my (very blunt and biased, because, full disclosure, I dislike both Amazon and Boeing) lines of thinking are as follows:

Line 1:
Boeing bought FAA

Line 2:
EgyptAir 990

glad you're not an investigator where your personal agenda would cloud any outcome, ignoring all evidence in the process...of course this is evidenced by your ridiculous post which has nothing to do with the accident

pabloc
10th Sep 2019, 10:14

Line 1:
Boeing bought FAA

Line 2:
EgyptAir 990

And the earth is flat 😉