21st Jul 2019, 05:22
Any Airlines doing this and any info regarding this topic would be apreciated
i need to establish the pro’s and Cons on duel flying

neilki
1st Aug 2019, 15:02
Envoy (American Eagle) -go over to APC.
the 175 is an RJ due to the US scope clause however, where the 190 is an airliner... :ugh:

Check Airman
1st Aug 2019, 15:54
We would very much like to change that.

As far as I know, the airline operates both types, but the pilots do not fly the 170 and 145 simultaneously. They're on one fleet or another.

hwilker
2nd Aug 2019, 11:09

I would be very interested in the business model and the operational specifics of "duel flying" for airlines and airliners. Sounds like a very telegenic sport.

SCNR

neilki
3rd Aug 2019, 20:11
We would very much like to change that.

As far as I know, the airline operates both types, but the pilots do not fly the 170 and 145 simultaneously. They're on one fleet or another.
Correct, the 145 (&140) and the 175 are operated as different fleets and dont even share all bases I believe. My previous operator had us crew both CRJ 700s and 900's.The 200s were a separate group of Pilots.
The most aggressive I've heard is Skywest, with crew operating the CRJ200, 700 & 900 on the same day.
That said, ive been sitting behind a big green 'a321' decal for the last 9 hours.
Wasn't the EK A340 near disaster in Melbourne a few years ago partly the result of mixed fleet flying?

Alpine Flyer
5th Aug 2019, 18:45
140/5 mixed with 170/190 would seem pretty ambitious as the flight decks seem to be quite different. Decades ago we did Dash 7/Dash 8 and Dash 8/Fokker 50 mixed which seemed "doable" at the time and did not even require double proficiency checks for the Dash 7 / Dash 8 combination but I still remember our flight operations manager's finger spiraling around the overhad panel until he found the right button. It's probably a bit easier if you fly lots of sectors like we did on the turboprops. Couldn't imagine to do it on LR types where you'd maybe have two flights each.

Edriver83
7th Aug 2019, 08:03
Obvious differences: A/T vs No A/T, TOGA Buttons at complete different positions.
Not to mention the complete A/C difference and handling qualities, sure no problem when all go's well, but when things go wrong....