PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2019

Pages : [1] 2 3

kfitz100
26th Jun 2019, 11:31
Here we go again

https://www.aerlingus.com/careers/careers-in-the-air/future-pilot-programme/#/tab-0-about-the-programme

thisishomebrand
26th Jun 2019, 13:06
Given they had a hold pool of applicants from last year are the expected number of places lower this year? Last year was 18 or so I think.

Whatsitallabout
26th Jun 2019, 13:20
The hold pool last year was for Direct Entry Pilots and not for cadet entry.

thisishomebrand
26th Jun 2019, 14:50
Looking in the old thread (https://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/608204-aer-lingus-future-pilot-pro)

They are currently making offers for extra places for people who didn't make the original eighteen places in november/january last year but did get to the final round of the process. People who didn't get one of those places were told to expect the 2019 program to start in September.

A320LGW
26th Jun 2019, 15:25
My advice is to not apply as a male candidate. They are already advertising on facebook that last year only 7% of applications were by females and they want more this time.

So if you want to boost the chances i suggest you list yourself as female, if someone asks anything say you identify as female.

C152flyerrr
26th Jun 2019, 16:12
The hold pool last year was for Direct Entry Pilots and not for cadet entry.

That is incorrect.

I find them opening this scheme up very interesting. Six weeks ago, after being led along for six months, I was informed by the Aer Lingus recruitment team that my place in the hold pool was no more, as they weren’t opening it this year. Fair enough. Few weeks later and they’re taking applications for the 2019 edition.

ManUtd1999
26th Jun 2019, 22:29
Good to see Aer Lingus still doing things the right way and offering a fully funded course, they'll have their pick of all the top candidates as a result. It just goes to show that it can be done whilst still meeting IAGs expectations and making healthy profits. If only other airlines would take note......

Rendy
2nd Jul 2019, 17:56
Can anyone confirm the length of the bond? The article below says it’s 10 years. I haven’t found that anywhere else.

https://icadet.com/fully-sponsored-aer-lingus-future-pilot-programme-2019-is-now-open-for-applications/

Maybe someone has information from the last year...

Thanks guys!

A320LGW
3rd Jul 2019, 00:46
Can anyone confirm the length of the bond? The article below says it’s 10 years. I haven’t found that anywhere else.

https://icadet.com/fully-sponsored-aer-lingus-future-pilot-programme-2019-is-now-open-for-applications/

Maybe someone has information from the last year...

Thanks guys!

I understand it was 7, that was 2 yrs back so could be outdated info.

Without wishing to sound like a pain though, that's not a question you should be asking if you really want this programme.

Aer Lingus want people who will wear that hat until their hair turns grey. This really isn't the programme to apply to if you want to just train and then leave. If a bond is an issue for you it's best to look elsewhere cos this won't go well.

SamB97
3rd Jul 2019, 09:15
I got the "Unable to send email at this time" error on the day I submitted which I read happened last year too, but still haven't received any email acknowledgement of my submission. I'm not worried as when I log in it says "Application Received" but just wondered if anyone had been sent an acknowledgement yet??

Rendy
4th Jul 2019, 11:38
I understand it was 7, that was 2 yrs back so could be outdated info.

Without wishing to sound like a pain though, that's not a question you should be asking if you really want this programme.

Aer Lingus want people who will wear that hat until their hair turns grey. This really isn't the programme to apply to if you want to just train and then leave. If a bond is an issue for you it's best to look elsewhere cos this won't go well.

Thank you A320LGW. I understand and fly somewhere else already anyway. I’m just asking for friend of mine. She wants to start a family at some point and she is worried it may be not possible to take a maternity break during the bond period.

A320LGW
4th Jul 2019, 12:26
Thank you A320LGW. I understand and fly somewhere else already anyway. I’m just asking for friend of mine. She wants to start a family at some point and she is worried it may be not possible to take a maternity break during the bond period.

That won't be an issue, aer lingus are one of the most pro female pilot airlines out there. The bond will be irrelevant to getting maternity leave, it will only be brought up if you want to leave the company.

Tubular_belle
5th Jul 2019, 07:09
Can anybody recommend a Pilapt test to practice with. There are so many to choose from.

Jetstream alpha
5th Jul 2019, 10:07
Can anybody recommend a Pilapt test to practice with. There are so many to choose from.

If they are still using cut-e for the aptitude testing then I would recommend latest pilot jobs. I used that and was successful in getting a place on another cadet program.

The only thing that it is poor at simulating is the monitoring test. Depending on how much you're willing to invest Skytest (Asia pack) simulates this well but is pretty pricey just for one test. I got both but figured the investment pays off if you're being fully funded for the training!

Tubular_belle
5th Jul 2019, 10:10
Thankyou very much. I shall look into that. Much appreciated.

Am Dizzy
6th Jul 2019, 00:45
Can anyone tell me how long we have to wait after submission of the applications

Mariagrazia
6th Jul 2019, 08:58
Hello everyone,
Sorry for the silly question, it's my first application with AL..
I sent my application yesterday morning, as far as the status is concerned on the Aer Lingus website it says "Application received", but I didn't receive any mail from them. I read that I'd be receiving a mail acknowledging they'd received my application. Did I get that wrong? Did it happen to any of you too?
Thanks!

cook81
7th Jul 2019, 16:34
Hello all,
I am a physio at the moment but I am married to an ATC and have always had an interest in aviation so I have bitten the bullet and applied! Who else has?

ComplyWithMe
8th Jul 2019, 16:59
I'm a 30-year-old accountant who missed the deadline last year as I didnt know about it! I've been waiting all year for this to open up again this year. Its all I can think about since it re-opened :) fingers crossed!! There's a long few months ahead of waiting I would imagine!

cook81
8th Jul 2019, 17:44
I'm a 30-year-old accountant who missed the deadline last year as I didnt know about it! I've been waiting all year for this to open up again this year. Its all I can think about since it re-opened :) fingers crossed!! There's a long few months ahead of waiting I would imagine!

Fingers crossed for you!

I'm the same, says application received but no email confirmation. Interestingly I withdrew my first application as I'd attached the wrong CV and I had an email to say application withdrawn. But second application is the same, just says received!

PMG88
8th Jul 2019, 18:12
Hi All. Another 30 year old here! Currently a construction site manager. Ex RAF aircraft maintenance mechanic (Hopefully this will work in my favour) Applied last week so keeping everything crossed to get an invitation to complete the online assesments/interviews.

Good luck to everyone!

TheNomad
9th Jul 2019, 12:34
Hey mate, any tips on how we can "prepare"?

Araco
9th Jul 2019, 17:53
Hello,

If I log in into my Air Lingus careers account I can see the status of my application updated to: “Invite to pre selection online test”. No confirmation e-mail received yet.

StayOutOfTheSoup
9th Jul 2019, 18:28
Anyone else's application status change to "Invite to Pre Selection Online Test" on the careers page? Would expect the emails to follow soon!

owenc
9th Jul 2019, 23:09
My site just says Application Received. Does that infer rejection? Or has it not been looked at yet?

ComplyWithMe
10th Jul 2019, 07:42
My site just says Application Received. Does that infer rejection? Or has it not been looked at yet?

I’m the same! Absolutely gutted if that means they’ve already finalised their selection for assessments. However I did see on the 2018 forum there was someone who got the invite mail
However as per the portal it remained as “application received”. Fingers crossed that’s the case! Best of luck to everyone whose status has been updated.

Robertj1509
10th Jul 2019, 08:18
just logged into my application and it says "invite to pre selection online test". No email confirmation as of yet.

Engine Ear
10th Jul 2019, 09:36

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet. Keep the faith. Mine is also still at application received, though I submitted towards the end of the application window, so I am telling myself they are just going through the applications in order received..... Hopefully that's the case anyway, haha.

TheNomad
10th Jul 2019, 10:20
Hey I applied yesterday approximately 2 hours before deadline and my application has now changed to invitie to online tests or something along those lines, anyone got any idea what these tests might be like and how to prepare for them?

Tubular_belle
10th Jul 2019, 10:30
Is anyone else over 30? I’m 38 so am feeling like I might be the oldest. I think I have enough experience though. I was cabin crew for 6 years and then an air traffic controller for 10 years. Hopefully that’ll count for something. Good luck everyone.

Araco
10th Jul 2019, 10:57
You are not the oldest.
Age should not make a difference if they run the selection process in a professional way however I guess that there is a mark where it doesn't make practical or economic sense to start a new career, and EU discrimination laws do not make easy to clearly state this in a job offer.

At the Bar
10th Jul 2019, 11:11
Is anyone else over 30? I’m 38 so am feeling like I might be the oldest. I think I have enough experience though. I was cabin crew for 6 years and then an air traffic controller for 10 years. Hopefully that’ll count for something. Good luck everyone.

Hi - I'm a few years older than you so hopefully age is just a number!

ATB

ComplyWithMe
10th Jul 2019, 11:17
Hi guys, I’m so happy! I’ve gotten the pre selection invite status update on the careers portal however no mail yet. I’ve a feeling the mail will go out on Thursday and give people Friday - Sunday to complete similar to other years. Also just so people are aware they appear to be updating each person manually as my buddy had his status update last night and mine was only updated now. Also on last year’s forum I saw someone whose status never changed but yet he got the mail with the invite to complete the assessments so don’t lose hope and make sure you are preparing regardless. Best of luck everyone!! ✈️

Tubular_belle
10th Jul 2019, 11:51
My careers page says invite to pre selection tests but I can’t find any link to the tests! Will they be emailed? Have I missed something?

Tubular_belle
10th Jul 2019, 11:55
Also, are the pre selection tests the pilot aptitude and maths tests or is that something different?

Tubular_belle
10th Jul 2019, 12:04
They can’t discriminate based on sex. They just encourage more females to apply. I wouldn’t worry. You could always say you identify as female!

PMG88
10th Jul 2019, 12:23

Yes I am 31. It seems there are a few who have commented so far in the 30-40 bracket.

PMG88
10th Jul 2019, 12:24
I too have received the status change on my application. As mentioned above, it will more than likely be this weekend to complete the onli
ne assesments. Good luck to everyone!

Engine Ear
10th Jul 2019, 13:39
I'm also over 30, 36 to be exact. Still plenty of piloting life left in all of us!

Good luck for the online assessments, everyone! Is it definitely the cut-e assessments they use as I had read earlier?

TXTom
10th Jul 2019, 14:55
Hey guys, just wanted to weigh in real quick as I went through the process last year. Assuming the format is still the same, and I see no reason for it not to be, it would be good to practice the Cut-e assessment system. Latestpilotjobs has a good module for this, if a bit pricey for some plans. That being said, if it saves you the cost of flight school or helps grant you job security, I would definitely say it's worth it.

I would expect the assessment emails to be sent out no later than Friday, after which you'll have about 3 days to get everything, including video interviews, submitted. After that there's a bit of waiting to find out if you've progressed or not.

Best of luck to everyone applying!

Disco Penguin
10th Jul 2019, 15:21
Cut-e seems to be the "type" of assessment. Can anyone recommend a good online site for revision?

Disco Penguin
10th Jul 2019, 16:23
TXTom;

Thanks for the info. Looking at latestpilotjobs and it seems there is atleast 15 different modules. I'm guessing it's only a couple of these modules, any ideas which ones?

Hawker400
10th Jul 2019, 17:08
Cut-e seems to be the "type" of assessment. Can anyone recommend a good online site for revision?
I've just successfully finished my cut-e for another application and can recommend pilotest . com
It's free and they are extremely similar if not harder than the actual cut-e tests. Auto Google translate is enough. Good luck

(Can't post full links but check the tab on the far right and choose the cut-e modules you want)
​​​​

TXTom
10th Jul 2019, 17:58
TXTom;

Thanks for the info. Looking at latestpilotjobs and it seems there is atleast 15 different modules. I'm guessing it's only a couple of these modules, any ideas which ones?

From what I recall, there were 7 or 8 modules. Looking at the list on latestpilotjobs, I believe the closest ones are applied numeracy, verbal reasoning, physics, spatial orientation (super fun), multitasking (also fun), reaction speed, the 'missile' test, and monitoring.

This is, of course, my memory from a year ago so it's a little fuzzy, but those stand out. Sadly, monitoring, one of the hardest ones in my opinion, is only available in the most expensive package, because of course it is.

PMG88
10th Jul 2019, 19:01
I second pilotest.com! excellent for practicing cut-E style tests! I would however like to know if there are any good sites for the applied maths sides of things?

Engine Ear
10th Jul 2019, 19:49
Thanks for the info everyone. On pilotest.com, which section is relevant? The PILAPT section?

I also noticed there are some free tests on the cut-e website itself. Might be of some use:

get_started (http://getstarted.cut-e.com/home/?modul=4CZCtzLof2NCWeToXq8L0g%3d%3d&theme=16peDn%2bPxEIKyLUqZjlX4Q%3d%3d)

Tubular_belle
10th Jul 2019, 20:04
Regarding the video interview on the online tests. Are they technical or HR based? I don’t want to know any precise questions just which to prepare first.

PMG88
10th Jul 2019, 20:18
[QUOTE=Engine Ear;10515339]Thanks for the info everyone. On pilotest.com, which section is relevant? The PILAPT section?

I also noticed there are some free tests on the cut-e website itself. Might be of some use:]

If you look at the 'a few other tests...' section, all the cut-e style tests are in there. Including monitoring (it's called moving dots)

TXTom
10th Jul 2019, 20:22
They're not usually technical questions. More behavioral questions, the generic type of questions that companies will ask during interviews.

thisishomebrand
10th Jul 2019, 21:14
Thanks for the info everyone. On pilotest.com, which section is relevant? The PILAPT section?

Think if you click "other tests" there are some cut-e in there.

Regarding the video interview on the online tests. Are they technical or HR based? I don’t want to know any precise questions just which to prepare first.

From memory, last year they were HR questions

owenc
10th Jul 2019, 21:43
Applied Maths? I thought this test would just have Basic Maths in it?

Do I have to go back over A Level Maths then? What topics?

Engine Ear
10th Jul 2019, 21:58
Think if you click "other tests" there are some cut-e in there.

From memory, last year they were HR questions

Brilliant, thanks!

PMG88
11th Jul 2019, 12:02
Applied Maths? I thought this test would just have Basic Maths in it?

Do I have to go back over A Level Maths then? What topics?

I believe the cut-e applied Numeracy test challenges ones abilities in percentage calculations, distance and area, the rule of 3 and translation of units.

Disco Penguin
11th Jul 2019, 12:49
They're not usually technical questions. More behavioral questions, the generic type of questions that companies will ask during interviews.

Thank you very much for all your replies.

Any word on emails yet?

TheNomad
11th Jul 2019, 14:27
Hey for the applied numeracy module of the tests are we allowed to use a calculator?

thisishomebrand
11th Jul 2019, 15:15
This year there is a little more time to complete them

LONFlyer
11th Jul 2019, 15:26
Are the invites sent via email or will they be on the careers portal?

cook81
11th Jul 2019, 16:28

I'm almost 38 :)

I've just got the link to the assessments!! Good luck!!

Disco Penguin
11th Jul 2019, 18:39
Are the invites sent via email or will they be on the careers portal?

I received my invite today via email.

plane_777
11th Jul 2019, 21:04
Hi guys,
Some great info on here! Just have some quick questions: (which may be easier for those who applied last year to answer):

1. Is the 1st part (personality questionnaire) timed?
2. Are the interview q's HR based (eg: why do you want this job?) or are they more technical?
3. Will I need a Joyce stick to complete the assessments?
4. Is there a physics exam I must study for?
5. Can I open up part 2 just to have a look or will the clock start?

Thanks!

GPMC
11th Jul 2019, 21:08
Hi all, 3rd time applying. In late 20s. Best I have done is interview stage where I did really bad in the interview as I panicked. In my experience, I wouldn’t waste time or money on different e cut tests prior to completing for aer lingus. I found the tests to be quite straight forward and somewhat un-foolable.....

Good luck to all. I would imagine it will be mid August by the time the invites for interviews are sent out.

plane_777
11th Jul 2019, 21:33
Thanks for that,
say was the Personality questionaire timed do you recall?

thisishomebrand
11th Jul 2019, 22:01
Hi guys,
Some great info on here! Just have some quick questions: (which may be easier for those who applied last year to answer):

1. Is the 1st part (personality questionnaire) timed?
2. Are the interview q's HR based (eg: why do you want this job?) or are they more technical?
3. Will I need a Joyce stick to complete the assessments?
4. Is there a physics exam I must study for?
5. Can I open up part 2 just to have a look or will the clock start?

Thanks!

My understanding is that you can open each test part and read the instructions and as long as you don’t start the actual assessment you are okay. I haven’t tested this though

Disco Penguin
11th Jul 2019, 22:04
Thank you all for the information so far. Looking forward to getting started.

Rezh12
12th Jul 2019, 09:30
Morning guys.

Just finished the personality questionnaire!
​​Taking a break before I start the assessed sections :D
​​​​​​
​​​​​​ Abit about me: 21 years of age, just finished university doing aircraft engineering (got a 2.1) and also have a full EASA B1.1 basic training certificate (fixed wing, turbine engines engineer!)

GOOD LUCK ALL
​​​

STOKESY_01
12th Jul 2019, 10:17
Applied this year.

Got email yesterday & going to complete assessments this evening.

Have spent the morning reading last years thread & related threads on boards.

The sense of want & help from this community is amazing.

I've wanted to be a pilot all my life & now at 30 I'm taking a stab at trying with EI. I studied Transport in DIT and have worked with international Freight forwarders most of my 20s.

Here hoping for some luck. Best of luck to all regardless of the results :)

GPMC
12th Jul 2019, 10:23
Hi all, just completed the online testing as this morning was the only chance I would get prior to closing time next Wednesday. I have completed all tests except the video interview - I want to give that a bit more thought and prep until I complete next week.

For the sake of fairness, I will not be replying to PM's. As mentioned above, this is my third time applying and have completed the tests each year.

The first part is a personality questionnaire (un-timed). You are given a statement and you rate how this compares with your thoughts. There are 240 statements and this takes approx 20 minutes. Its not hard nor do I believe you can do any prep for it. Do not try and fool the test as you will find that similar questions are then asked in round-about ways, so you will get caught out!

Part 2 is the online testing. There is a mix of subjects (maths, verbal reasoning, multi tasking, logic solving, reaction times etc). Each test is quite brief and they can be done individually . ie. not in one sitting. However, once you start a test, it must be completed. All tests take approx 90 mins and it is quite mentally draining. The last part is the video interview which, as I said, I haven't done yet.

cook81
12th Jul 2019, 12:09
Morning guys.

Just finished the personality questionnaire!
​​Taking a break before I start the assessed sections :D
​​​​​​
​​​​​​ Abit about me: 21 years of age, just finished university doing aircraft engineering (got a 2.1) and also have a full EASA B1.1 basic training certificate (fixed wing, turbine engines engineer!)

GOOD LUCK ALL
​​​
How long did personality test take? Trying to decide when to do them all 🤣 best of luck to you!!

NG737800
12th Jul 2019, 14:20
Good luck to all of you! :)

@Rezh12, what type of question did they ask you in the questionnaire?

Did you complete the second section yet? :) Maybe you can let us all know what we have to expect! How was the video interview?

Sandra

FuturePilot_123
12th Jul 2019, 14:54
Good afternoon all.

I’m another lucky one who has made it to the online tests and interview..

I got to this stage last year, but can’t really remember the interview questions. Can anyone remember them? I know there’s a almost definite chance that they will be different this year, but I’d like to try and recall them...

I think the interview is what let me down last year. It’s pretty weird sitting there watching yourself talk!

Good luck all!

Movieman162
12th Jul 2019, 16:39
Good afternoon all.

I’m another lucky one who has made it to the online tests and interview..

I got to this stage last year, but can’t really remember the interview questions. Can anyone remember them? I know there’s a almost definite chance that they will be different this year, but I’d like to try and recall them...

I think the interview is what let me down last year. It’s pretty weird sitting there watching yourself talk!

Good luck all!

Respectfully, I don't think it would be fair on anyone to divulge the interview questions for this or previous assesments. I'm in a similar position as yourself but on the basis that the interview questions may or may not be the same this year knowing previous questions would be unfair unless you also sat those assemesnts, which is part of the gig. My only advice would be to make note of the questions you receive this time both for either if you make it to psy interviews as you will be referred back to your answers to these questions, or if you decide to apply again next year.

There is an option to turn off the display of your video recording during the interview (doesn't affect the recording and submission of said recording).

413X3
12th Jul 2019, 17:11
My advice is to not apply as a male candidate. They are already advertising on facebook that last year only 7% of applications were by females and they want more this time.

So if you want to boost the chances i suggest you list yourself as female, if someone asks anything say you identify as female.

Another troll comment

plane_777
12th Jul 2019, 19:11
Also is there an "English" test, I don't wana waste my time on Pilot jibs site with this vocab rubbish if I don't' need to!

ComplyWithMe
12th Jul 2019, 20:07
That is fair! Thanks for the above info. Very helpful! Best of luck! :)

Following Passion
12th Jul 2019, 20:34
Hi,

Can you use a calculator for the maths questions?
How are each test timed? Is it possible to take time and do it slowly or are under strictly timed?

cook81
12th Jul 2019, 21:43
Hi all, just completed the online testing as this morning was the only chance I would get prior to closing time next Wednesday. I have completed all tests except the video interview - I want to give that a bit more thought and prep until I complete next week.

For the sake of fairness, I will not be replying to PM's. As mentioned above, this is my third time applying and have completed the tests each year.

The first part is a personality questionnaire (un-timed). You are given a statement and you rate how this compares with your thoughts. There are 240 statements and this takes approx 20 minutes. Its not hard nor do I believe you can do any prep for it. Do not try and fool the test as you will find that similar questions are then asked in round-about ways, so you will get caught out!

Part 2 is the online testing. There is a mix of subjects (maths, verbal reasoning, multi tasking, logic solving, reaction times etc). Each test is quite brief and they can be done individually . ie. not in one sitting. However, once you start a test, it must be completed. All tests take approx 90 mins and it is quite mentally draining. The last part is the video interview which, as I said, I haven't done yet.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Wishing you the best of luck 🤞

plane_777
12th Jul 2019, 22:05
Ok so I'm 200% sure I just failed "Verbal Reasoning (Industry) -Devastated!

plane_777
13th Jul 2019, 11:02
Anyone know if there is negative marking?

A320LGW
13th Jul 2019, 12:12
Ok so I'm 200% sure I just failed "Verbal Reasoning (Industry) -Devastated!

I wouldn't be. The verbal reasoning test isn't designed to allow you to get a 90% score. Many candidates don't even get half of the questions answered. The time given isn't realistic and it's more about applying pressure to your work than anything else.

A320LGW
13th Jul 2019, 12:14
Also is there an "English" test, I don't wana waste my time on Pilot jibs site with this vocab rubbish if I don't' need to!

Guys no one needs the latespilotjobs tool to pass this specific cut e test, save your money, seriously. You get unlimited and free practice attempts before each exercise!

Following Passion
13th Jul 2019, 12:52
Hi there,

Can please suggest the aptitude tests from the latest pilot jobs that are tested?

Missile test, reaction test, verbal reasoning etc???

GL01
13th Jul 2019, 14:00
Also onto the online assessments. I've just finished my A-Levels (looks like I could be the youngest on here!) and have already passed ADAPT with CAE, had a selection day for Thomas Cook & Flybe for FTEJerez and I attempted (but failed) the cut-e tests for L3 (EasyJet) last year. Think I'm most worried about the online interviews as I'd much rather be sitting in front of a person!

plane_777
13th Jul 2019, 15:31
Also so we have to be able to do this RBI/RBD thing?
It makes no sense to me!

ComplyWithMe
13th Jul 2019, 15:53
Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone here lives in the shticks where broadband is still considered a Buzz Lightyear phenomenon. I'm about to go at my tests using my phone as a hotspot but I'm wondering if anyone else has used it for the tests. I don't want a situation to occur where they require fast broadband connection to load them. Otherwise, I will go to my work to complete them tomorrow.

Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone!

PMG88
13th Jul 2019, 16:14
Completed the online assesments. Really happy although I had a mind fart on one section of the applied Numeracy test. Overall, I'm feeling confident! Will tackle the Interview questions tomorrow.

Good luck everyone. Just stay calm throughout and you will be fine.

​​​

SarahKat
13th Jul 2019, 17:18
Hi all, just for the online assessments, is the section labelled "Future Pilots Programme 2019" the video interview part? Just so I don't start it accidentally!

Following Passion
13th Jul 2019, 17:52
Can the aptitude test be completed on Ipad or a touchscreen?

PMG88
13th Jul 2019, 22:04
Hi all, just for the online assessments, is the section labelled "Future Pilots Programme 2019" the video interview part? Just so I don't start it accidentally!

Yes this is the interview section.

plane_777
13th Jul 2019, 23:52
Can I be a nag and ask a question?

re: "Applied Numeracy"

Do I need to know any physics Equations for it or anything like that?
It seems form the examples on pilotsjobs site, that:

Watts/volts/ calc's of the area of a circle/triangle etc are required

Anything else I need to know?

RUB
14th Jul 2019, 10:34
guys is there atpl or technical questions in the test.
and can you practice before taking the test?

thisishomebrand
14th Jul 2019, 15:50
You can practice all tests before you do the real thing.

The interview is 40 seconds prep time and then 90 seconds to record your answer and you have two attempts if needed.

FuturePilot_123
14th Jul 2019, 16:10
Respectfully, I don't think it would be fair on anyone to divulge the interview questions for this or previous assesments. I'm in a similar position as yourself but on the basis that the interview questions may or may not be the same this year knowing previous questions would be unfair unless you also sat those assemesnts, which is part of the gig. My only advice would be to make note of the questions you receive this time both for either if you make it to psy interviews as you will be referred back to your answers to these questions, or if you decide to apply again next year.

There is an option to turn off the display of your video recording during the interview (doesn't affect the recording and submission of said recording).

Thanks for your reply, however I totally disagree.. Reflecting on previous interview questions that were asked of me in the previous application window, is by all means not an unfair way to prepare.
I am not asking for the questions from this application window.

Thanks for the info re. turning the video display off. I will try that this time around.

Joho123
14th Jul 2019, 19:09
Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone here lives in the shticks where broadband is still considered a Buzz Lightyear phenomenon. I'm about to go at my tests using my phone as a hotspot but I'm wondering if anyone else has used it for the tests. I don't want a situation to occur where they require fast broadband connection to load them. Otherwise, I will go to my work to complete them tomorrow.

Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone!

I used mobile data as a hotspot for my laptop and did all the assessments in one sitting as I’m currently in the middle of nowhere, it was no problem and it took only about 0,3GB!

Joho123
14th Jul 2019, 19:19
Did anyone find the deductive logical thinking test hard too?
I‘m a 20yr old German girl, anyone similar here? :)

Good luck to everyone
Johanna

Disco Penguin
14th Jul 2019, 21:39
Did anyone else find the "Complex Control" test buggy? I feel I scored good, but could of been better.

plane_777
14th Jul 2019, 22:38
Video wont' upload,
Ipad too old for app and
Phone can install Maptq but then it just vanishes

So do I need to go out and buy a mic and a webcam for my PC because its doesn't' seem to be working with this old ipad and phone at the moment?
Any tip let me know. ..........? (Quicker the better)

These tests really take a lot out of you
Literally NEVER been more exhausted!

ps: do large supermarkets stock webcams and mic's?

Following Passion
14th Jul 2019, 23:04
Hi,

I heard the video interview is only 90 sec.? Surely not?
How may questions you get asked anyone know?

flyingjohn22
14th Jul 2019, 23:51
Hey guys,

i really need help on that relative bearing indicator test !

Would be grateful, if someone could send me a link or an explanation how it works.

The flight direction is clear, but not which the numbers i have to select at the left side.

Thanks for your help! Appreciate it

Greetings

STOKESY_01
15th Jul 2019, 09:14
All tests completed on Friday evening draining & stressful.

I hope I done OK.

Interview was the hardest.

As with most of the other comments take it easy and use your examples to ensure you fully understand what is being asked.

Best of luck to all.

ComplyWithMe
15th Jul 2019, 09:39
I used mobile data as a hotspot for my laptop and did all the assessments in one sitting as I’m currently in the middle of nowhere, it was no problem and it took only about 0,3GB!

Thank you so much. Appreciate that!

Disco Penguin
15th Jul 2019, 09:41
Completed the online assessments and interviews. I feel overall I had a good application. Best of luck to the rest who need to complete it.

ComplyWithMe
15th Jul 2019, 09:57
Did anyone find the deductive logical thinking test hard too?
I‘m a 20yr old German girl, anyone similar here? :)

Good luck to everyone
Johanna

Yes I found this really difficult too and I usually perform pretty well in those tests. It flashes green or red for a second so I definitely got a few wrong but I got a few right as well! It’s with the pressure of the timer you can end up rushing it!

alexs00
15th Jul 2019, 10:02
Does anybody know if I need a calculator for the maths sections?

PPRuNeUser0207
15th Jul 2019, 11:55
Hi everyone,

Good luck to those who have entered this year. I plan to complete the assessments on Wednesday. Did anyone practice the cut-e test before hand? How did you all find the interview questions, I assume no technical questions at this stage?

Cheers,
JM.

Keano752
15th Jul 2019, 12:42
Also so we have to be able to do this RBI/RBD thing?
It makes no sense to me!
I slammed my laptop down after that one. I mentally rotated it accurately but whether or not that helped my answers is another thing.
This and Verbal Reasoning were no fun at all.
I'm hoping Aer Lingus is assessing people's timing, reactions and logic and not just how they perform in these tests.

PMG88
15th Jul 2019, 12:43
Well that's all my assesments and interviews complete. My future now lies with the assesment and interview gods.

Good luck to everyone, hopefully il see some of you in Dublin!

owenc
15th Jul 2019, 13:21
I didn’t understand that test either.

StayOutOfTheSoup
15th Jul 2019, 14:51
Did anyone else find the "Complex Control" test buggy? I feel I scored good, but could of been better.

Yep, I found this test to be awful buggy. So much so, that my confidence for progressing has been severely dented just by that one! (Yep, that's how bad it went for me)

Pablopal
15th Jul 2019, 15:02
Has anyone else had an issue uploading their answers? I recorded my first question and then it fails to upload after multiple attempts? Not sure what to do?

TheNomad
15th Jul 2019, 15:17
Just finished the tests. Think I did alright but struggled with the "monitoring ability". Felt impossible to get past 13 dots for me lol was just guessing most of the time.

ComplyWithMe
15th Jul 2019, 16:31
Guys I see a lot are struggling with spatial orientation. It’s basically two elements.
1. where is the plane facing... easy.
2. Where is the beacon relative to the plane
so if the plane is NW then this is 315 degrees and if the beacon is E then this is 90 degrees.

315+90 = 405
405-360 = 45 degrees which is NE

therefore the dot should be NE of the plane. (ie no. 6)

So now that you understand the technicalities it should help you With the visual.

I really hope this helps some of you. This was a real head melt when under time constraints.

FuturePilot_123
15th Jul 2019, 17:18
Is it possible to do one interview question at a time? Or does one question roll in to the next?

Many thanks.

plane_777
15th Jul 2019, 18:22
What is no. 6? (as in where in relation to the plane (eg directly left/above and right etc)?
The number alone doesn't really mean anything.

Barabyk
15th Jul 2019, 18:58
Completed my online test along with video interview today. Verbal Reasoning and Deductive Thinking were total wrecks. Only someone with extraordinary abilities to work under pressure could cope with over 40 questions in 12 minutes. Also, it seems, that triangle is the right answer.

plane_777
15th Jul 2019, 19:22
Still no interview done
Ipad too old to run it
Phone can't install app to do it
New webcam too poor quality, going to have to walk a mile now to the shop to buy another before it closes
Literally never been more unhappy
Worst day of my life!

Barabyk
15th Jul 2019, 19:37
I used EKEN H8 action cam and a lapel mic. Seemed to work fine.

owenc
15th Jul 2019, 20:41
Still no interview done
Ipad too old to run it
Phone can't install app to do it
New webcam too poor quality, going to have to walk a mile now to the shop to buy another before it closes
Literally never been more unhappy
Worst day of my life!

Good Luck!

bernajsf91
15th Jul 2019, 21:56
Hello good evening,first of all good luck to everybody, I'm trying to understand Spatial Orientation, can someone give me some help please.

plane_777
15th Jul 2019, 22:52
Can someone please tell me how to get chrome to not reject the video, I've bought 2x webcams tonight (the quality of the first one was poor) and to be blocked again (phone and ipad aren't usable) I'm up for work at 0700 and shattered after a 10 hour day, I need to wrap this up and am starting to worry that I'm going to miss the deadline......

STOKESY_01
16th Jul 2019, 09:12
All done in one sitting.

40 secs to think. 90 secs to answer and two attempts in total.

Is it possible to do one interview question at a time? Or does one question roll in to the next?

Many thanks.

PMG88
16th Jul 2019, 09:18
Can someone please tell me how to get chrome to not reject the video, I've bought 2x webcams tonight (the quality of the first one was poor) and to be blocked again (phone and ipad aren't usable) I'm up for work at 0700 and shattered after a 10 hour day, I need to wrap this up and am starting to worry that I'm going to miss the deadline......

Firstly, calm down mate. I can see it is very frustrating for you, however, it is a techincall problem that CAN be resolved. Have you messaged the support department? I think there is an email address on the assesment hub and i'm sure they will help you. Have you a friend or family member that could perhaps lend you a laptop with a Web cam built in? Is there a local library perhaps? Or even an Internet cafe (if they are even still a thing??) You cant be the only person that's had this issue, and I'm sure the team will help you to sort it.

With regards to having wanted to complete over the weekend, don't get worked up. I too work long days, and then have children to attend to on an evening. I often only site down to do anything for myself at after already being awake for around 14-15hrs. I appreciate it's tiring and you may not be able to perform at a capacity that you would like to, but, stay focused and remember why you are doing this... It will help you though. That's what I do anyway! It gets me though the difficult times!

mboqseif
16th Jul 2019, 09:41
complywithme

this is a great explanation and the way they explain it to you makes it even easier...............and yet still somehow i think i've messed it up. Combo of stressful activity and the fact that every house close to me seems to be getting extensive and loud work done to it! Just got applied maths and deduction to do and i'm set for the 'no' email again :)

My advice to anyone who hasn't started it yet is (a) start it and (b) do a couple of the activities at a time, take a break (even a few hours, maybe do some practice on the next one you plan to attempt) and then go back to do more. I'e done this in previous years when i did all the activities straight after each other and you can feel the pressure build.

Fab737
16th Jul 2019, 10:07
Hi everybody! I have just completed my tests and I will do the video part this afternoon after lunch.

I found some elements extremely difficult, but others were easier. Yet, I managed to make some silly mistakes.

Do you guys know how much time will Aer Lingus Recruitment Team need to give us our results?
Have a nice day everyone!

Slow Progress
16th Jul 2019, 11:34
I have just sat at my pc to complete the tests and the mouse is nowhere to be seen. Great.

Looks like I will be doing mine at work tonight!

Tubular_belle
16th Jul 2019, 13:32
I was Intending on using a tablet to do my video interview but the program opens up and uses the rear facing camera. Despite my selecting front facing as default in the tablets settings. Now I wasted the example practice question trying to get it to work. Having to borrow a friends laptop this evening to get it finished as im frightened to try again. Because if I try again on the tablet the assessment will start straight away. (Already uses the practice) Cant be running backwards and forwards to answer the questions.

Can’t believe there isn’t a button on the actual assessment to flip the camera!

Keano752
16th Jul 2019, 14:41
Finished everything today on my second sitting due to work and stuff.

Overall, I would say better than expected but I think the video interview will let me down. I don't like it and basically just got my answers in as quickly as possible. It's way more nerve wrecking than an actual interview by miles and don't understand the need for it.

On the other hand, the other assessments were mostly ok with Maths being a mixed bag, multi-tasking went well, reaction speed was easy, verbal reasoning was well...verbal reasoning, and flight through the boxes proved to ok as well. Deductive logical thinking was a bit heavy.
Don't think I've advanced to the interview stage but fingers crossed!

BigBlueBall
16th Jul 2019, 16:25
Is anyone else having trouble loading the video interview part?

When I try to do the sample question, the message on screen says "Please allow your browser to use your webcam and microphone if prompted". I allowed access to both but that message is all I'm getting on screen.

My webcam and mic are both working otherwise. I'm using Chrome if that matters. Anyone able to give some advice please?

Tubular_belle
16th Jul 2019, 16:57
Just finished my interview questions. They aren’t that bad guys- don’t panic about it. I have thought of a couple of things that I forgot to mention but overall I hope i did ok. You will always look back with hindsight and think, ‘oh I should have said that!’

It’s the mild panic when the 40 second timer is counting down!

And having to to listen to the sound of your own voice 😮

Chris the Robot
16th Jul 2019, 17:05
7 pages already and no-one has even been invited to the main assessments yet, let alone attended. If ever there was an argument for fully funded programmes, it's this.

Self funded BACF down the page is 12 posts in total and that's pretty much covers their entire selection process.

Dave22B
16th Jul 2019, 18:33
Hi BBB, yes i'm the same unfortunately.
I have tried a couple of times and have had the same - or else the screen just freezes when i hit start.

I emailed their support team and they said they had rectified it but have just logged in and its still the same.

Google Chrome is up to date, and camera, mic is all ok but no luck..

Bit of a worry now..

cook81
16th Jul 2019, 19:42
I had to download Mozilla. Chrome was just not having it!! Hope you got it sorted!

cook81
16th Jul 2019, 19:44
Is anyone else having trouble loading the video interview part?

When I try to do the sample question, the message on screen says "Please allow your browser to use your webcam and microphone if prompted". I allowed access to both but that message is all I'm getting on screen.

My webcam and mic are both working otherwise. I'm using Chrome if that matters. Anyone able to give some advice please?

I had to download Mozilla! Chrome would just not work. Hope you got it sorted.

Am Dizzy
16th Jul 2019, 20:43
Guys anyone else thinks we should have a WhatsApp group??

Joho123
16th Jul 2019, 21:13
Good luck to everyone with technical problems, I see a lot of people are getting nervous about their circumstances for doing the test, try to relax - there always is a way. Endurance is part of the job, so see it as a nerve testing practice ;)
I also intended on doing it in an Internet cafe but couldn’t find one and thought about sitting on a public market square at night using a bar’s WiFi, ended up doing it with little mobile data on the ground (cause I didn’t have a table) using a laptop that is so old and cracked that I didn’t know if it would make it through opening it up even and for the Video Interview i used my phone lying on a fragile construction I build on my bed because I couldn’t do it in a better set up and there’s ocean noises in the background probably
I don’t think that it had major effects on my performance though so don’t worry, everything will work out in the end, there’s always a solution, don’t get stuck on minor issues and just do your best :)

ComplyWithMe
16th Jul 2019, 21:25
mboqseif (https://www.pprune.org/members/462955-mboqseif) no problem :)

I have maths and monitoring ability left to do! To be honest I've been putting them to one side to finish off tonight but the more prep I do the more apprehensive I am. Do you know if they ask about voltages etc. I've actually never even done those calculations in school so I'm trying to give myself a crash course LOL!!! Also do they ask the area of prisms etc?

Am Dizzy
16th Jul 2019, 23:18
Guys anyone else thinks we should have a WhatsApp group maybe??

Flyinghigh54674
17th Jul 2019, 00:20
Can you use a joystick for the assesment or just mouse?

vermont
17th Jul 2019, 05:44
Guys anyone else thinks we should have a WhatsApp group??

I agree but it's funny how everyone here seems to be insanely competitive even by pprune standards

J_C2020
17th Jul 2019, 07:28
I completed mine on Saturday in one sitting, when everyone was out of the house! I used the QR code to download an app onto my iphone and used that to do the video interview! worked amazingly!

gordonquinn
17th Jul 2019, 08:29
Finished the tests last night in a onner over about 3 hours with a short break. Found them to be much better than previous years, especially the tunnel one.
The video was uncomfortable lol but I think if you can complete that to a reasonable standard then you will be doing better than most, I bet loads of people just gave up on them.

Good luck all.

Disco Penguin
17th Jul 2019, 08:31
I agree but it's funny how everyone here seems to be insanely competitive even by pprune standards

Why are you surprised?

GPMC
17th Jul 2019, 09:09
Anyone else’s upload failing? Gets to 100% and just says upload failed and to retry upload? I’ve only completed the first question of the interview

kingwings
17th Jul 2019, 10:07
Does anyone have any tips for the interview portion? Is it behavioural and/or competency based questions and if so how many?

Also has anyone found any decent practice tests for deductive logical reasoning? Only one I’ve still to do and struggling!

thanks! Good luck to everyone.

GPMC
17th Jul 2019, 10:08
Completed everything this morning. Overall I thought it was very fair and also a good exercise. Fingers crossed I get the nod for the next stage. I’d imagine it’s going to be at least 4 weeks so wouldn’t expect to hear anything until week commencing 19th August.

In previous years application numbers have reached 8,000... this year it didn’t seem to be overly publicised so hopefully less than that apply. But hey, if your not in you can’t win!

Am Dizzy
17th Jul 2019, 10:24
It won't allow me to post the WhatsApp group invite link

====================================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

owenc
17th Jul 2019, 11:18

There was almost 8,000 applicants last year with only 18 spaces.

One would need to be competitive given that competition will probably increase this year.

A320Alex
17th Jul 2019, 11:45
Hi guys,

I completed my assessment this morning in one sitting. Definitely didn't complete in the recommended 120 minutes as suggested in the email. Could potentially have been 3/4 hours. Does anyone know if this is monitored or taken into account?

Thanks.

mboqseif
17th Jul 2019, 11:58
mboqseif (https://www.pprune.org/members/462955-mboqseif) no problem :)

I have maths and monitoring ability left to do! To be honest I've been putting them to one side to finish off tonight but the more prep I do the more apprehensive I am. Do you know if they ask about voltages etc. I've actually never even done those calculations in school so I'm trying to give myself a crash course LOL!!! Also do they ask the area of prisms etc?

i was working late last night/this morning so I saw this past the event I reckon 🙂 fairly easy maths in the end but that timer makes the difference.

i left maths and the deductive reasoning purposefully and I was pleasantly surprised when I realised I didn’t realise what it actually was, did ok I reckon but not amazing. Some of this lot was easier than previous years, especially the tunnel one and the multi tasking exercise, some tasks were harder than others (rbi even though I was convinced I’d got my head around it!). Overall I think I stand a better chance than other years but the rbi sticks in my head as dragging me back. We shall see.

I know it’s unlikely but it would be good if they told you where you fell short (if you did) but I understand given the volume it’s unlikely.

Good luck to everyone though

Eviation
17th Jul 2019, 12:28
The interview basically asks you why you applied for the programme, and Aer Lingus in particular. Typical HR questions in any interview.
In regards to 'Deductive-logic thinking', the test is a timed version of Latin squares. If you look up Latin squares you will get plenty practice.
Hope this helped

Disco Penguin
17th Jul 2019, 12:59
Hi guys,

I completed my assessment this morning in one sitting. Definitely didn't complete in the recommended 120 minutes as suggested in the email. Could potentially have been 3/4 hours. Does anyone know if this is monitored or taken into account?

Thanks.

Highly doubt it, I did mine over 2/3 days and I'm not worried.

NG737800
17th Jul 2019, 13:36
Hello all! I finished all tests today! Good luck everyone! I guess everyone on this forum are well prepared, with a certain look beyond the 'horizon'.

One question to all of you - maybe even with some who have already experienced it - what will be next potential steps if you are invited to Dublin? Another full day of computer based assessment + second day with interviews etc.?

:)

BravoAlphaWhiskey
17th Jul 2019, 14:14
Does anyone know how the aptitude tests are scored? Do you need to do well in each test to make it through? Or is there an aggregate score across all the tests?

james55
17th Jul 2019, 14:17
Does anyone know after completing stage 1 & 2 do you get a confirmation email to confirm submission? or is it just a case of once you've completed all tasks no further action is required? Thanks!

ComplyWithMe
17th Jul 2019, 15:17
mboqseif - well i really hope after all of these years of trying that you get a chance to be called to interview and hopefully ill be sitting alongside you up there :)

Just finished everything less than an hour ago and maths wasn't too bad but there were some little things that caught me out but overall I'm happy with it! I was having to consult my teenage cousin to re-teach me areas and squares because the examples on latestpilotjobs were much tougher so I was very nervous.

The only thing that unnerves me is that if you go into the personality test, even though I got the notification at the end that I had completed it and that my results are saved it seems to be allowing me back in to progress through it again which is a bit strange. I presume we won't be getting a notification to let us know that the application has been successfully received.

So here begins the 6/7 week wait until this forum starts to blow up again!! haha :D

Mariagrazia
17th Jul 2019, 15:45
We should all be done by now.. I doubt it’s all about getting a high score, otherwise the test would be submitted in another way I think..
When do you (you guys that already tried last year) think we will get an answer from AL?

Slow Progress
17th Jul 2019, 15:48
Finished everything and submitted with 14 mins to go.

That was a bit stressful. Interviews are always the worst.

Good luck everyone.

Disco Penguin
17th Jul 2019, 16:12
Deadline passed. The wait begins.

JamesA320
17th Jul 2019, 16:34
I submitted at 5.10 Irish time , would you say I'm ruled out ? Issues were due to very slow video upload speed and had emailed them before 5 to let them know I would be late, would you say I have no chance now ?! Honest answers please lol

Nick93
17th Jul 2019, 16:53
Hi everyone!

hope everything went well for you guys! I was wondering, how many questions did you guys get through on the verbal reasoning? There were 49 questions and I got through 27... i know they say to expect to not finish them all, but still seems pretty low to me... thanks!

Cornerback4
17th Jul 2019, 17:16
Hi everyone!

hope everything went well for you guys! I was wondering, how many questions did you guys get through on the verbal reasoning? There were 49 questions and I got through 27... i know they say to expect to not finish them all, but still seems pretty low to me... thanks!

27 is about right. Many people do not even get half the 49 done.

Thought the assessments went well and this is my 3rd year doing them. Do not think I did well enough overall to get through as I would imagine the results need to be exceptional but we will see. Fluffed 2 numerical reasoning questions which should have been one of the more simple components. Deductive logical thinking also was very tricky. I thought the Compass and RBI was simple as I finally got my head around it having struggled in previous years. Its one of those things that takes a while but when you finally understand, it just clicks.
Good luck everyone.

Slow Progress
17th Jul 2019, 17:36
Hi everyone!

I think I had lower than you. I would say verbal reasoning was the most difficult.

Fab737
17th Jul 2019, 17:46
Hi everyone!

Hi Nick, I think I got to the same point as you did. You are not alone. Let's wait and see.

plane_777
17th Jul 2019, 22:14
Thanks.
Got it sorted and submitted at like 3am.
Hope my answer made sense and I didn't look too fatigued!

ComplyWithMe
17th Jul 2019, 23:04
I submitted at 5.10 Irish time , would you say I'm ruled out ? Issues were due to very slow video upload speed and had emailed them before 5 to let them know I would be late, would you say I have no chance now ?! Honest answers please lol

i would HIGHLY doubt it! What you have to remember is that cut-e are coordinating the assessments and it’s in their best interests that they get as many applications who completed the process through as Aer lingus are employing them to do it!

Also the deadline for the original application went past the 4pm deadline on their website so don’t worry! Kick back the feet for the next six weeks lol

Disco Penguin
18th Jul 2019, 07:59
How far did people get in "Complex Control" ? I got to about level 150. Not great but probably an average effort.

Disco Penguin
18th Jul 2019, 07:59
I think I had lower than you. I would say verbal reasoning was the most difficult.

I was about the same, 25-27 questions. Can't remember exactly.

Slow Progress
18th Jul 2019, 08:14
Only time will tell now. I did my best and that is all we can do. If nothing else it is good experience.

If we don't get through this time we will achieve our dreams eventually. Okay that is my positive post for the day!

ZephyrGCT
18th Jul 2019, 08:40
How far did people get in "Complex Control" ? I got to about level 150. Not great but probably an average effort.

That sounds impressive! I crashed once and only managed Level 113 so 150 sounds well above average I'd say.

Disco Penguin
18th Jul 2019, 08:42
That sounds impressive! I crashed once and only managed Level 113 so 150 sounds well above average I'd say.

I made it far, but I crashed multiple times unfortunately. I reckon it's better to crash less, than cover more distance.

ZephyrGCT
18th Jul 2019, 08:48
I made it far, but I crashed multiple times unfortunately. I reckon it's better to crash less, than cover more distance.

It's hard to know, now that I've finished I keep overanalysing everything and I know its going to be like that for the next 6 weeks!... Just need to try and forget about it for a while...

Best of luck everyone, the wait has officially started!

Disco Penguin
18th Jul 2019, 09:45
It's hard to know, now that I've finished I keep overanalysing everything and I know its going to be like that for the next 6 weeks!... Just need to try and forget about it for a while...

Best of luck everyone, the wait has officially started!

Yes, great advice to be fair.

BigBlueBall
18th Jul 2019, 09:55
Can somebody remind what the different stages are before the lucky few are selected.

Stage 1 was the registration
Stage 2 was the online assessments & video interview.

Is the Assessment Centre in Dublin next or are there other stages before and after that?

ZephyrGCT
18th Jul 2019, 10:10
Can somebody remind what the different stages are before the lucky few are selected.

Stage 1 was the registration
Stage 2 was the online assessments & video interview.

Is the Assessment Centre in Dublin next or are there other stages before and after that?

Going by last year, the next stage is a day long assessment centre in Dublin, between the 9th - 20th September. Half the people were sent home at lunchtime and the other half (approx - varied each day) got an interview in the afternoon. About 2-3 weeks after this was the psychometric interviews followed by a Class 1 medical.

BigBlueBall
18th Jul 2019, 10:16
Going by last year, the next stage is a day long assessment centre in Dublin, between the 9th - 20th September. Half the people were sent home at lunchtime and the other half (approx - varied each day) got an interview in the afternoon. About 2-3 weeks after this was the psychometric interviews followed by a Class 1 medical.

Great thanks for that.

Do we have any idea approx how many people get invited to the assessment centre?

Apologies if this info has already been posted.

ZephyrGCT
18th Jul 2019, 11:30
Great thanks for that.

Do we have any idea approx how many people get invited to the assessment centre?

Apologies if this info has already been posted.

I think it was around 234 ish

Rezh12
18th Jul 2019, 13:48
Good luck to all of you! :)

@Rezh12, what type of question did they ask you in the questionnaire?

Did you complete the second section yet? :) Maybe you can let us all know what we have to expect! How was the video interview?

Sandra
Sorry mate! I've been really busy this last week and didn't have time to browse the forums (graduating tommorow so it's been a nightmare preparing!)

​​​​OK so I've done everything last Sunday, the video interview are just normal questions that you'd get when being interviewed by any company (ie why aer lingus).

With the assessment, its definitely one of the hardest entry assessments I've done (done some over the years not just for pilot positions but engineer too).
And as I was writing this is just realised the deadline is now done... I'm just going to post this as it is :D

​​​​​​Does anyone else's application still say invite to pre selection?

plane_777
18th Jul 2019, 16:16
Question regarding the on-the day (pre-lunch) assessments, were they identical to the ones we have completed online, right down to the personality questionnaire, or were they different?

pjharb
19th Jul 2019, 10:16
When I went through the process back in 2016, I didn't have to redo the online assessments... I guess they only ask those who did really well online to redo them on the day?

Pre-lunch assessments:

1) "Panel Exercise" - not sure if they're still doing this.. you're grouped in 3s and are each given 2-3 random questions to ask/answer each other. One of my questions was about drones. You're marked by two staff members. Not sure of the point of that exercise...

2) Group Exercise - the usual.

NG737800
22nd Jul 2019, 09:05
Hello pjharb, thank you so much! Could you give us some more details on the assessments? What follows after lunch, and also on the second day? Thanks!

FuturePilot_123
22nd Jul 2019, 13:56
Anyone heard back yet?

MrGG
22nd Jul 2019, 14:14
You won’t hear anything for at least a month, most likely beginning of September.

TXTom
22nd Jul 2019, 14:28
It'll probably be a few weeks before anyone hears anything. I'd expect no sooner than mid-August. Last year they also didn't reach out to people who weren't selected, so it's a little stressful wondering for a few days if they'll contact you or not.

But it also seemed different this year; the announcement of the program was quieter, the UI for the assessments was different (better in my opinion), so maybe they've made some changes. I'd like to think that throwing together a generic email to send out to people who didn't make it should be fairly straightforward.

I imagine given the program wasn't around for a fair few years that they may be kind of relearning how to run something like this.

parkfell
26th Jul 2019, 06:37
It'll probably be a few weeks before anyone hears anything. I'd expect no sooner than mid-August. Last year they also didn't reach out to people who weren't selected, so it's a little stressful wondering for a few days if they'll contact you or not.

But it also seemed different this year; the announcement of the program was quieter, the UI for the assessments was different (better in my opinion), so maybe they've made some changes. I'd like to think that throwing together a generic email to send out to people who didn't make it should be fairly straightforward.

I imagine given the program wasn't around for a fair few years that they may be kind of relearning how to run something like this.

A figure of 8,000 has been mentioned as the number who initially applied in the previous recruitment process. I assume not everyone was invited to participate in the on line testing & on line interview stages.
Q: how many got invited for the group exercises and face to face interviews, to select 18 lucky people to train.

shamrock_f22
26th Jul 2019, 07:20
A figure of 8,000 has been mentioned as the number who initially applied in the previous recruitment process. I assume not everyone was invited to participate in the on line testing & on line interview stages.
Q: how many got invited for the group exercises and face to face interviews, to select 18 lucky people to train.

From what I recall they said only a hundred or so of us were called for the face to face stage. Perhaps more. None of that really matters to be honest, just focus on the goal ahead.

plane_777
27th Jul 2019, 03:03
I think they are only recruiting 12 this year, not 18

future_pilot_di
1st Aug 2019, 16:43
Hey guys

I've not applied this year, as doing A levels to enable me to apply to this program ( and others). But anyhow I was wondering does anyone have any tips for the online assessments; particularly the maths assessment? What areas are covered? etc, just so that I can prepare for when the time comes and improve my maths!

Dan

Vick82451
1st Aug 2019, 22:27
Actually guys they are quite fair. If you just followed their rules in the online test you have no reason to panic. Good luck to you all .Best of wishes

AKorol
2nd Aug 2019, 05:30
Hi Dan,

Maths I really wouldn't worry about, it was just simple area and distance calculations, no complex formulas needed (I think you were required to calculate the volume of a cylinder and that was about the most complicated formula). I've done a few psychometric tests now and what was difficult (for myself at least) was the verbal reasoning (barely got past halfway) in comparison to previous tests. At the end of the day everyone is different, I've never really struggled with anything logical/spatial or mathematical, so know your strengths/weaknesses (and work on your weaknesses!) and you'll be better prepared IMO,

Andrew

future_pilot_di
6th Aug 2019, 22:27
Hi Dan,

Maths I really wouldn't worry about, it was just simple area and distance calculations, no complex formulas needed (I think you were required to calculate the volume of a cylinder and that was about the most complicated formula). I've done a few psychometric tests now and what was difficult (for myself at least) was the verbal reasoning (barely got past halfway) in comparison to previous tests. At the end of the day everyone is different, I've never really struggled with anything logical/spatial or mathematical, so know your strengths/weaknesses (and work on your weaknesses!) and you'll be better prepared IMO,

Andrew

Hi,

Thanks for a quite detailed response andrew! All the best with your application. :)

PPRuNeUser0207
8th Aug 2019, 00:51
The long night (and wait) continues...

Anyone preparing in anticipation of an invite? :ugh:

Cheers,
JM.

abizmalll
8th Aug 2019, 11:19
Anyone heard back from them, or know when to expect a response?

Not that I'm expecting an invite, I ballsed up the video interview and logic test. Maybe still possible if I did well in the others.

NG737800
8th Aug 2019, 11:40
What makes you think you "ballsed up" the interview? I am sure this is just personal perception...sure you did well.

PPRuNeUser0207
8th Aug 2019, 13:53
Anyone heard back from them, or know when to expect a response?

Not that I'm expecting an invite, I ballsed up the video interview and logic test. Maybe still possible if I did well in the others.
It's in the interest of cut-e to put as many through as possible. I'm sure you'll be grand. Positive vibes! :)

PMG88
8th Aug 2019, 18:54
Assume the best until the worst is confirmed everyone! It's important to stay positive, and to prepare yourself for every eventuality! If this doesn't work out, there will be another year to have a go! In the mean time just keep on flying and working towards your goal!
​​​​​​
Just keep preparing incase you get that all important phone call! If I get the opportunity, il be as ready as I can be!

"Fail to prepare, then prepare to fail"

Good luck everyone, hopefully we will start to have some movement in the coming weeks!

owenc
8th Aug 2019, 20:18
Would like to hear soon.

Plane123
9th Aug 2019, 05:33
Anyone knows if they will take in a non European passport holder? Like a Singaporean?

thisishomebrand
9th Aug 2019, 09:13
One of the requirements was to have an EU passport, so don't think they will sponsor you for this program.

nala06
9th Aug 2019, 09:14
Anyone knows if they will take in a non European passport holder? Like a Singaporean?It doesn’t actually say that you need an EU passport it is just that you are eligible to live and work permanently in the EU and have an up-to-date unrestricted worldwide passport.i have copied the criteria below:Essential criteria for application

18 years of age on or before 1st January 2019
Fluent in written and spoken English
Eligible to live and work permanently in the EU
Up-to-date unrestricted worldwide passport
Able to pass an airport security vetting procedure, including a five-year background check*
Two verifiable references
Able to obtain an EASA / IAA issued Class 1 Medical, including successfully passing a colour blindness test. Please refer to www.iaa.ie prior to application to ensure you can meet all medical requirements in line with eyesight/colour blindness limitations

*If you are a not an Irish citizen, you will require a current police disclosure certificate from your home country if successful

*If you have resided outside the Republic of Ireland for six months or more, you will also require a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries

abizmalll
9th Aug 2019, 09:35
One of the requirements was to have an EU passport, so don't think they will sponsor you for this program.

I wonder what the situation will be for UK applicants post-Brexit. We'd still be able to live/work in Ireland under the CTA, unless something else would stop us.

HighBallInLow
9th Aug 2019, 14:06
I should think UK citizens should be fine post-Brexit. The CTA preceded Ireland's joining of the EU and EI has no non-Irish bases.

thisishomebrand
9th Aug 2019, 16:57
I wonder what the situation will be for UK applicants post-Brexit. We'd still be able to live/work in Ireland under the CTA, unless something else would stop us.

I suspect there would be some flexibility there, but it still remains to be seen what the form Brexit will take so who knows.

Ladypilot16
11th Aug 2019, 13:24
I have applied to this program this year! I'm from India! Any Indians here?

TangoLima7
13th Aug 2019, 02:44
Hi all,

Good information on this thread. Good luck to everyone that has applied.

Please could I ask can anyone remember the specific video interview questions? This is for my own personal interest of how each airline conducts their interviews. I havent applied to this programme but am researching the wider selection process.

Thankyou.

HighBallInLow
13th Aug 2019, 08:16
Hi all,

Please could I ask can anyone remember the specific video interview questions? This is for my own personal interest of how each airline conducts their interviews. I havent applied to this programme but am researching the wider selection process.

Thankyou.

Basic HR-style questions like "why did you apply", "what are your career ambitions" and "tell us about a challenging situation you faced" etc...

CurlyB
13th Aug 2019, 10:22
Hi all,

Thankyou.
​​​​​​ Why do you want to join the future pilot program was one.

PPRuNeUser0207
14th Aug 2019, 00:54
Nearly a month since the deadline for assessments. Will the lucky candidates get a phone or email as an invitation for the next round? (based on previous years)

Cheers, JM.

ZephyrGCT
14th Aug 2019, 08:49
Nearly a month since the deadline for assessments. Will the lucky candidates get a phone or email as an invitation for the next round? (based on previous years)

Cheers, JM.

Phone call followed by an email approx 2.5 weeks before the first day of assessments...

km28
14th Aug 2019, 10:00
Does anybody know the number of people called for an interview? assuming it will be around 250 if they are to be spread over 2 weeks?

PPRuNeUser0207
16th Aug 2019, 13:56
Does anybody know the number of people called for an interview? assuming it will be around 250 if they are to be spread over 2 weeks?

Sound about right!

Looking like it'll be another week before the calls go out...

wana be a pilot
20th Aug 2019, 01:50
Hi future pilots,

Can anyone help me? I am desperate to know the best guess or idea about when we shall be called to be accepted or refused from aerlingas future pilot program???

Please help me as I have to plan things, I am delaying so much important stuff in case I'm failed by them. I need to plan things. Can anyone remember it from the last year? After how long of completing online assessment, last year they started calling successful candidates? We submitted online assess this year on 17th of Aug, its more than a month, Could it be 2 months , or more even???

Please any information is welcome ...and a thanks in advance..

rachiffer
20th Aug 2019, 09:50
Hi guys... first time being on here and posting. Just a heads up - I got a call to the assessment centre in Dublin in September. Looks like they will be contacting people over the next week or so.

Good luck to all!!

PMG88
20th Aug 2019, 10:29
According to posts on a similar thread on boards dot ie the calls have started to go out. Good luck everyone.

PPRuNeUser0207
20th Aug 2019, 11:05
Just got the thanks but no thanks email

HighBallInLow
20th Aug 2019, 11:34
Just got the thanks but no thanks. Disappointed to say the least, but it is what it is. Back for my Masters in September it seems. The very best of luck to those remaining in the process.

HighBallInLow

ZephyrGCT
20th Aug 2019, 12:03
Just got the thanks but no thanks email

Same here, best of luck to everybody else

owenc
20th Aug 2019, 12:29
Has the status changed online for those of you who have got through? I am still sitting with no call or email.

rachiffer
20th Aug 2019, 12:39
Has the status changed online for those of you who have got through? I am still sitting with no call or email.

Got a phonecall but my status still says "invite to pre selection online test" - the lady on the phone said they would be sending more info via email and still nothing through yet though. Good luck!

pataud
20th Aug 2019, 12:42
Sorry for the unfortunate... Does anyone got a positive answer here (email or phone call) ?

ComplyWithMe
20th Aug 2019, 13:24
Hi guys... first time being on here and posting. Just a heads up - I got a call to the assessment centre in Dublin in September. Looks like they will be contacting people over the next week or so.

Good luck to all!!

well done. delighted for you. 😃✈️ Best of luck with the interview prep.

rachiffer
20th Aug 2019, 13:25
Thanks! Nerves have kicked in already :ooh:

skysthelimit94
20th Aug 2019, 14:17
Thanks but no thanks for me too. Best of luck to all!

PMG88
20th Aug 2019, 15:13
I too have received the thanks but no thanks email. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope everyone is successful in the future.
​​​​
Looks like il have to have another go next year! But for now, il continue with my Modular route!

abizmalll
20th Aug 2019, 15:19
No email yet, I'm hoping that could be a good sign of a call to come?!?

GPMC
20th Aug 2019, 15:25
Still nothing from me. Obviously the calls will take probably a full week to complete but I would of thought the rejection emails all went at same time? Does this mean I can expect a call 😁

owenc
20th Aug 2019, 15:26
Nothing, do I have to wait to tomorrow? So stressed.

ComplyWithMe
20th Aug 2019, 15:26
Really sorry to hear that PMG88. Keep plugging away through the modular. It’s really competitive. Don’t be too disheartened. Still waiting to hear back myself.

Fab737
20th Aug 2019, 15:41
They are starting to send e-mails.

I wish the very best of luck to everyone who applied. I was unsuccessful, but again I would like to wish luck to the successful boys and girls who applied.

Have a nice evening!! :)

Shamrock124
20th Aug 2019, 15:45
Got the rejection email,

Good luck to all!

Vick82451
20th Aug 2019, 15:54
Congrats @Rachiffer and to the others who received the good news. And for those who have the disappointment email, all is not lost. I don't know if this year's application has this option. "They will still have your applications for a while in case a slot comes up." If it does then there is still some hope. Better be optimistic 😏

ComplyWithMe
20th Aug 2019, 16:02
Got my thanks but no thanks! Best of luck everyone else ✈️

owenc
20th Aug 2019, 16:05
Why are some people getting emails/calls and others nothing?

Engine Ear
20th Aug 2019, 16:06
Also got the kindly worded rejection. Best of luck to all those heading to Dublin! For all the rest of us, keep plugging away!

Araco
20th Aug 2019, 16:08

Calls are done manually, so they’ll take several days for the expected circa 250 calls. Emails could be sent all at the same time but normally the HR programs would do this on batches to avoid flooding the email servers.

rachiffer
20th Aug 2019, 16:14
Got my thanks but no thanks! Best of luck everyone else ✈️

sorry to hear that ComplyWithMe 🙁

shamrock_f22
20th Aug 2019, 16:41
It just takes time, there's so many people for them to contact

PMG88
20th Aug 2019, 16:41
Really sorry to hear that PMG88. Keep plugging away through the modular. It’s really competitive. Don’t be too disheartened. Still waiting to hear back myself.
​​​​​​
Certainly not disheartened my friend! I know where I went wrong and il be fully prepared for next year's opportunity! As you say, il keep plugging away with the modular training!
​​​​​​
Good luck to you also.

SliabhLuachra
20th Aug 2019, 16:50

well PRESUMABLY (not 100% - but I imagine from previous years) they send a mass email to everyone that gets rejected.

Then they begin phoning everyone who was successful, which takes a few days. So some will remain in the dark for a few days and hopefully get called.

good luck to you all

nickibcss
20th Aug 2019, 16:56
Is anyone else still waiting for the call or email?

elfly
20th Aug 2019, 17:22
Hi everyone,
Hope lot of you guys have heard good news today from the Aer Lingus recruitment team.

For those who didn’t get (yet) called or those who received a « thank you but no-thanks mail », keep going and don’t give up, there is a lot of others very nice programmes you should look at :)

Congratulations for those who get called to Dublin for the next step.
I suggest creating a WhatsApp group if you are interested. So just send me your cell phone number in DM, and I will add you to the group.

Good luck,
Elise

owenc
20th Aug 2019, 17:57
So nothing is good or bad? Reading last years forum it would seem most were called on one day.

BravoAlphaWhiskey
20th Aug 2019, 19:23
So nothing is good or bad? Reading last years forum it would seem most were called on one day.

It's hard to tell. Last year I got the 'thanks but no thanks' email about a month after the calls started coming in.
And some others got the invite weeks after the first set of calls went out...

Until you get rejected you're still in the game!

Vick82451
20th Aug 2019, 19:24
Not precisely. Some were called actually quite late. When they even had already given up. Better be optimistic here.

Vick82451
20th Aug 2019, 19:30
There was also a part in their page that said they will keep the applications for a specified period of time for future purposes. Meaning there is still a chance even for those with the "no thanks email". Even the slightest chance does count you know.

abizmalll
20th Aug 2019, 20:37
Well, I did well with the RAF CBAT so I suppose that's a good alternative. If I don't hear anything

gordonquinn
21st Aug 2019, 10:19
Rejection for me, 3rd time trying - shame we can't even see the test results, not sure how close I have ever been, bit deflating to not know.

ComplyWithMe
21st Aug 2019, 12:51
​​​​​​
Certainly not disheartened my friend! I know where I went wrong and il be fully prepared for next year's opportunity! As you say, il keep plugging away with the modular training!
​​​​​​
Good luck to you also.

That’s really good! Unfortunately I’m not actuallytoo sure where I went wrong as I felt I got on very well in all aspects. Verbal reasoning aside. 🤣

I honest don’t know how I could have done more aside from maybe be a little younger 🤣🤣

best of luck to the rest of you! 😀😀

Eviation
21st Aug 2019, 13:29
Received a call today, for anyone still eagerly awaiting calls they are still in the process. Set for 10th September assessment day.

elfly
21st Aug 2019, 13:41
Hi guys,
Do you know approximatley how many candidates we were at the first stage of the online-preselections and how many are to be called for the interview stage in Dublin?

owenc
21st Aug 2019, 17:17
Still nothing. Not sure what to think of that.

aakkt
21st Aug 2019, 17:25
For those who received the "thanks but no thanks" email: does the portal still read 'invite to preselection online tests' or something else?