PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2019

Pages : 1 [2] 3

mboqseif
21st Aug 2019, 17:37
For those waiting (including me!!), previously the airline has kept people in reserve on previous versions. They may not have been in the top ten for example but may have been number eleven and were called if one of the top ten couldn’t make it to the interviews or dropped out so don’t worry too much yet. Good luck though ��

Petehen
21st Aug 2019, 18:20
Do you think that they're calling people on specific days related to the day people will be assessed? If they sent out a mass rejection email then the others would automatically know they've made it thruough. Because the assessments will take place over a two week period, some would gain an advantage by having more time to prepare.
In my view it is fairer to inform people over a two week period with subsequent announcement days relating to subsequent assessment days.

Just a thought...

Flyinghigh54674
21st Aug 2019, 22:18
So are people receiving the good and bad news?

owenc
22nd Aug 2019, 09:25
Just received the rejection email. No reason as to why. Would be nice to know why. Was it my video? Was it a test? What was it?

I wish they would’ve emailed us all at once on the same day instead of getting our hopes up and stressing us out!

I was a nervous wreck over the past few days, sitting waiting on a phone call and turning my email alerts off. :ugh:

ComplyWithMe
22nd Aug 2019, 09:29
Just received the rejection email. No reason as to why.

i wish they would’ve emailed us all at once on the same day instead of getting our hopes up and stressing us out!

I was a nervous wreck over the past few days. :ugh:

really sorry 😐 yea I was so disappointed when I got the mail but I’d hate if I was left waiting to find out the same news eventually. It’s a shame they don’t tell us. However (not to be rocking the boat and I don’t have intentions of doing this) under the new GDPR rules I’m pretty sure that you can request any information about you documented by an organisation. So if they have noted something about your application I wonder are you privi to that?

owenc
22nd Aug 2019, 09:30
I will try to ask, I won’t push it though. The video was definitely something I felt anxious about, the personality test and the compass (?) test. I couldn’t get my head around that one.

Shows how hard it is to get on to this, the fact that we can’t even get on to the Assessment Day!

Not sure where to go now regarding Pilot. I don’t have £100,000 to pay.

tomysth
22nd Aug 2019, 10:02
Still no call here.... at this point I'd just like to know if its a no

owenc
22nd Aug 2019, 10:06
That’s really good! Unfortunately I’m not actuallytoo sure where I went wrong as I felt I got on very well in all aspects. Verbal reasoning aside. 🤣

I honest don’t know how I could have done more aside from maybe be a little younger 🤣🤣

best of luck to the rest of you! 😀😀
I agree. It would be good if those who got through could tell us how they performed on the tests so we can see what sort of “boundary” the airline aims for score wise.

Eviation
22nd Aug 2019, 10:51
I agree. It would be good if those who got through could tell us how they performed on the tests so we can see what sort of “boundary” the airline aims for score wise.

I got through and felt I didn't perform very well in the assessment. For the video assessment I skipped a question by accident and my application was deemed void but I had to get Aer Lingus to re-activate my application portal. Struggled with the dots aptitude question but found the test overall very fair. There was no room for trying to trick the personality test as questions were asked in numerous ways. I must note I only answered 25 of the verbal reasoning questions also as I felt I approached it in the wrong way. Hope this helps with your query.

rachiffer
22nd Aug 2019, 10:53
Hi all!

Is there anybody who lives in Germany and got the precious invitation for the assessment center?

I am trying to figure out how to obtain this Ishihara Vission certificate. Google does not seem to know anything apart from some online tests.

Thanks!

I live in N. Ireland - I asked my optician and they have said I need to have another eye test, at which point they will give me a letter confirming everything is ok re Ishihara. They had never heard of certificates?

owenc
22nd Aug 2019, 12:41
I got through and felt I didn't perform very well in the assessment. For the video assessment I skipped a question by accident and my application was deemed void but I had to get Aer Lingus to re-activate my application portal. Struggled with the dots aptitude question but found the test overall very fair. There was no room for trying to trick the personality test as questions were asked in numerous ways. I must note I only answered 25 of the verbal reasoning questions also as I felt I approached it in the wrong way. Hope this helps with your query.

hmmm, so I wonder what the difference was then?

GPMC
22nd Aug 2019, 12:57
Still heard nothing but the fact that people are still receiving rejection emails does not give me great hope. I would imagine all successful candidates have heard by now. For those who still haven’t heard, we could be in a back up pool, in event people pull out of interview etc.

parkfell
22nd Aug 2019, 13:23
I will try to ask, I won’t push it though. The video was definitely something I felt anxious about, the personality test and the compass (?) test. I couldn’t get my head around that one.

Shows how hard it is to get on to this, the fact that we can’t even get on to the Assessment Day!

Not sure where to go now regarding Pilot. I don’t have £100,000 to pay.
Do not despair. There is always the modular route. I went down a similar route prior to JAR/EASA ~ the 700 hour, self improver route under the UK CAA. I was fortunate in that I was working full time on shifts, and found the time to study for the written exams over a period of 8 months. No need to go on any formal approved courses. Simply apply for the exams. Sandy Thomson & Pete Lyons, then at Booker, did a 4 week intense brush up course. Legends in their own lifetimes.

So save up ~ Class one medical: PPL first; EASA exams; hour building; modular CPL/IR; MCC.

What the modular route demonstrates is a determination to succeed through your hard work and perseverance. Something, I would suggest, a prospective employer will recognise as an admirable quality. A passion for hard work; pass the papers first time with high marks. Flying ~ no retakes. Team player with a positive MCC report.

Do this, and you will realise your dreams.

ComplyWithMe
22nd Aug 2019, 13:35
Do not despair. There is always the modular route. I went down a similar route prior to JAR/EASA ~ the 700 hour, self improver route under the UK CAA. I was fortunate in that I was working full time on shifts, and found the time to study for the written exams over a period of 8 months. No need to go on any formal approved courses. Simply apply for the exams. Sandy Thomson & Pete Lyons, then at Booker, did a 4 week intense brush up course. Legends in their own lifetimes.

So save up ~ Class one medical: PPL first; EASA exams; hour building; modular CPL/IR; MCC.

What the modular route demonstrates is a determination to succeed through your hard work and perseverance. Something, I would suggest, a prospective employer will recognise as an admirable quality. A passion for hard work; pass the papers first time with high marks. Flying ~ no retakes. Team player with a positive MCC report.

Do this, and you will realise your dreams.

Thanks for your positive post. Much appreciated 😀 however I think you need to do the approved courses for ATPLs or else you can’t sit the exams.

owenc
22nd Aug 2019, 13:37
Still heard nothing but the fact that people are still receiving rejection emails does not give me great hope. I would imagine all successful candidates have heard by now. For those who still haven’t heard, we could be in a back up pool, in event people pull out of interview etc.

Thought that myself yesterday. Pity it’s so cutthroat. I’m sure some who were rejected still got decent scores.

It will be interesting to see if any of the finalists are pilots children.

TallyVisualIn
22nd Aug 2019, 13:50
Chaps, I just received the phone inviting me to the next stage a few minutes ago! Wonderful news, however the timing couldn't have been worse as I've just accepted another job offer elsewhere!!! Bloody typical!

So I've had to withdraw my candidacy.

Gutted to day the least. However, hopefully that means there's now an extra place open for someone else! Heads up all!

.... bloody gutted though , this was my second application, didn't get an invite last time! TYPICAL !

SliabhLuachra
22nd Aug 2019, 13:56
Thought that myself yesterday. Pity it’s so cutthroat. I’m sure some who were rejected still got decent scores.

It will be interesting to see if any of the finalists are pilots children.

dont despair - I know somebody who got a phone call at lunchtime today! Calls will take the whole week to get through - also people may pull out in which case you could get a call in a few weeks (last year someone on this forum got called 1 month after the calls started).

Likewise rejection emails are probably being sent in batches and will be finished by Friday, presumably. Who knows for sure though!

parkfell
22nd Aug 2019, 14:03
Thanks for your positive post. Much appreciated 😀 however I think you need to do the approved courses for ATPLs or else you can’t sit the exams.
Yes, you do need to sign up with an ATO for the writtens. Distance learning can work well, with at least 10% (?) actually attending formal groundschool classroom. Navigation & Performance facilitated with 'talk and chalk'.
Learn the material, then exam practice using a question bank. Understand it: learn the logic: and keep asking WHY !

ComplyWithMe
22nd Aug 2019, 14:04
Yes, you do need to sign up with an ATO for the writtens. Distance learning can work well, with at least 10% (?) actually attending formal groundschool classroom. Navigation & Performance facilitated with 'talk and chalk'.
Learn the material, then exam practice using a question bank. Understand it: learn the logic: and keep asking WHY !

thanks a million! Nice bit of positivity! 😀👩*✈️

shamrock_f22
22nd Aug 2019, 14:08
How long after the phone call until people got their confirmation email through? It was pretty instant last time, wondering whether the delay is to be expected this time.

GPF18
22nd Aug 2019, 18:10
Got mine the same day, although I called in the morning and it was close to 5pm.

charliedelap148
23rd Aug 2019, 00:11
Does anyone have the number they were contacted on? I have a missed call from the 20th and no rejection email yet and I hate to think I’ve missed it!

NotSpeedbird
23rd Aug 2019, 06:16
Hey all!

Congratulations to all those successful, wasn’t expecting to be one of them but hey! Whadyaknow hah. If you never try...

As for them not saying where others may potentially have slipped up on the tests, they’re unlikely
to answer. Aside from this giving an unfair advantage next year, it opens them up to litigation or complaint. Additionally, if it was the personality test you failed on, the temptation would be to fake the responses next time.

I vaguely remember only getting about 27 done on the verbal reasoning... over level 100 on the rocket one. Thought I’d completely butchered the compass test ... Don’t get me started on the interview hah...

For anyone in London - Ishihara?! Where do I get it done?? Seems a few of us have no idea how to get the certificate...

And I don’t suppose there’s a way to avoid the £25 charge on the DBS? XD. My last one just expired the other week dangit! :P.

thisishomebrand
23rd Aug 2019, 09:26
The Ishihara test is the colour blind test isn’t it? I think any aviation medical examiner should be able to help with it. I have used Heathrow Medicals for my Medicals including eye tests before, but they are on the more expensive side.

rachiffer
23rd Aug 2019, 09:51
Hey all!

Congratulations to all those successful, wasn’t expecting to be one of them but hey! Whadyaknow hah. If you never try...

As for them not saying where others may potentially have slipped up on the tests, they’re unlikely
to answer. Aside from this giving an unfair advantage next year, it opens them up to litigation or complaint. Additionally, if it was the personality test you failed on, the temptation would be to fake the responses next time.

I vaguely remember only getting about 27 done on the verbal reasoning... over level 100 on the rocket one. Thought I’d completely butchered the compass test ... Don’t get me started on the interview hah...

For anyone in London - Ishihara?! Where do I get it done?? Seems a few of us have no idea how to get the certificate...

And I don’t suppose there’s a way to avoid the £25 charge on the DBS? XD. My last one just expired the other week dangit! :P.

My local Opticians (Specsavers) said they would issue me a signed letter if I requested it as part of an eye test - should hopefully keep costs down :) you can also usually find money off vouchers online.

GPMC
23rd Aug 2019, 10:42
Got a call yesterday afternoon myself with dates on offer between 9th and 20th September. My surname begins with D so I am unsure what order they are doing them in. Regardless, it is probably a clean sheet again for the next round irrespective of how we did in the tests. Good luck to those still waiting on a contact and best wishes to everyone already invited.

vermont
23rd Aug 2019, 11:54
Failed, shouldn't have bothered applying, especially since it took away from my vacation!

Planegame
23rd Aug 2019, 12:54
Well done to everyone that got through and wishing you all the best for your next stage. I got my rejection email this morning. To the others in my situation least we tried hey and all the best for the future x

KingAutismo
23rd Aug 2019, 13:00
What do you mean you shouldn't have replied? You value your holiday more than having an unmatched opportunity to start a dream career? I had to create an account here just for this comment but my god, I'd give up the next 10 years of holidays all together instantly to make it onto this program.

owenc
23rd Aug 2019, 13:43
Just don’t think a couple of Psychometric Tests can ascertain someone’s ability to fly a Commercial Jet accurately.

There must be a better way for doing these tests.

uncle dickie
23rd Aug 2019, 14:02
Just don’t think a couple of Psychometric Tests can ascertain someone’s ability to fly a Commercial Jet accurately.

There must be a better way for doing these tests.

I suggest that you study the concept of CRM & how team work / personality are critical to a successful operation. You need to pass the ‘beer test’. If you were say a doctor, it helps enormously to have a good bedside manner. Nothing worse than a dower style.

The other aspects to the psychometric testing in the process are the interview & group exercise. Sitting all day next to someone who cannot hold a conversation is soul destroying.
“Flying” aka stick and rudder skills are just one element of the ingredients necessary in operating an airliner.

owenc
23rd Aug 2019, 14:53
Are you suggesting that i’m not capable of successfully becoming an Airline Pilot because I didn’t pass this and others did?

vermont
23rd Aug 2019, 15:52
I suggest that you study the concept of CRM & how team work / personality are critical to a successful operation. You need to pass the ‘beer test’. If you were say a doctor, it helps enormously to have a good bedside manner. Nothing worse than a dower style.

The other aspects to the psychometric testing in the process are the interview & group exercise. Sitting all day next to someone who cannot hold a conversation is soul destroying.
“Flying” aka stick and rudder skills are just one element of the ingredients necessary in operating an airliner.

Lmao fly short hual, no time for chit chat, you'll send half your career under 10,000 feet or talking to atc

uncle dickie
23rd Aug 2019, 16:04
Are you suggesting that i’m not capable of successfully becoming an Airline Pilot because I didn’t pass this and others did?
Passing or not passing a particular initial selection process is no absolute definitive guide as to anyone’s ability to operate. I know a number of successful Captains whose ‘style’ didn’t suit particular operators when interviewed. HR can be quite fickle at times.
If someone has the burning ambition to fly, then you are more than half way there.
It is your colleagues who decide if you pass the ‘beer test’ , not me, should you ever make the right hand seat.

DClgw
23rd Aug 2019, 16:07
Got the call this morning, any else going to Dublin on the 18th?

RiverLagan
24th Aug 2019, 13:25
Got the call this morning, any else going to Dublin on the 18th?
Was it a 0145 number? =center​​​​​​​

DClgw
24th Aug 2019, 20:06
Was it a 0145 number? =center

No my call was an 01562 number.

RiverLagan
24th Aug 2019, 20:57
No my call was an 01562 number.
Interesting anyway, was expecting a typical Ireland 00353 or 0044. Hopefully was just a random call centre scam

FuturePilot_123
25th Aug 2019, 10:46
Overwhelmed to have made it through to the assessment day on my second attempt at this programme!

Please could anyone shed any light on what to expect? This is my first time at an interview with an airline. Does anyone recommend getting myself on an Airline preparation course before the interview?

Congrats to all that made it through also, and best of luck to those who didn’t. Failing at the online tests is not the end of your journey to become a pilot, keep the determination, and never give up. There is always next year! (The exact mindset I took away from last years attempt).

Best regards.

owenc
25th Aug 2019, 20:19
Tell us what you did differently?

Shamrock95
26th Aug 2019, 10:22
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back ?

Flyinghigh54674
26th Aug 2019, 12:40
Yes still waiting here. I wonder if it’s done by time of applying as I submitted my application on the day the applications closed

SliabhLuachra
26th Aug 2019, 13:48
Yes still waiting here. I wonder if it’s done by time of applying as I submitted my application on the day the applications closed

i submitted mine very early and am yet to hear anything. Not sure how they’re doing it.

tomysth
26th Aug 2019, 14:37
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back ?

Yup still waiting... the process usually takes a week so hopefully we’ll all know one way or another by Wednesday

LONFlyer
26th Aug 2019, 18:09
Yup, still waiting here!

I applied & submitted early so think it’s more of a lucky dip really!

SliabhLuachra
28th Aug 2019, 09:17
Anybody had any correspondence this week?

tomysth
28th Aug 2019, 09:19

Some people here have it seems... there’s also a good few still waiting

QueenBee017
28th Aug 2019, 10:03
Still waiting to hear, not had an email or a call yet and definitely not missed anything after scouring junk/spam folders.

This wait is so hard!

shamrock301
28th Aug 2019, 11:04
Still waiting patiently as well.

Dave22B
28th Aug 2019, 11:42
No nothing unfortunately :(
Looking bleak now.

CMM92
28th Aug 2019, 12:55
Hi, folks!

I’m a newbie to this forum, but have been reading since the past year.

I applied to this programme, last year and was unsuccessful, unfortunately.

I had applied, this year, but felt it wasn’t the right time and withdrew my application, don’t get me wrong, I desparately want to become a pilot.
I started a new job and aim to complete a Class 1 medical, as well as starting lessons, like a previous user had mentioned and apply next year.

Don’t panic yet, as there is still plenty of time, I got my rejection email a few weeks after the first phonecalls were made.

Best of luck to all who applied and for those who missed out, there will always be next year. Don’t give up on your dreams.

Shamrock95
28th Aug 2019, 12:56
Yes I read on another forum that somebody got a call on Monday so all hope is not lost yet !!

THannan
28th Aug 2019, 13:43
Received an email today saying they had been trying to contact me and got booked onto an assessment day so those still waiting to hear all hope is not lost!

fly777172
28th Aug 2019, 14:47
Does anyone know what is involved for the panel exercise at the assessment centre? thanks

Bravo53559
28th Aug 2019, 15:11
Got the call!

If you haven't been contacted yet, don't give up hope. It sounds like AL are still filling assessment day slots.

Dave22B
28th Aug 2019, 16:10
Congrats to both of ye! :)

mboqseif
28th Aug 2019, 17:33
Have all the people who haven’t been called yet still got the invite to pre selection line on their application ? (Actually those who have been called, same q)

tomysth
28th Aug 2019, 18:03
Have all the people who haven’t been called yet still got the invite to pre selection line on their application ? (Actually those who have been called, same q)

Still got invite to pre selection assessment on mine and I haven’t received a call or an email

NesherUY
28th Aug 2019, 18:39
They’ve been trying to call me as well but I saw it 7 hours after they sent it because I work the night shift and I was asleep (yes, my luck folks). When I tried to call it was already late (around 7PM) and nobody answered. I’ll try calling tomorrow first thing in the morning.

By the way, anyone know how much they’re planning on funding for the training? Or does it vary for each student?

SliabhLuachra
28th Aug 2019, 18:43
They’ve been trying to call me as well but I saw it 7 hours after they sent it because I work the night shift and I was asleep (yes, my luck folks). When I tried to call it was already late (around 7PM) and nobody answered. I’ll try calling tomorrow first thing in the morning.

By the way, anyone know how much they’re planning on funding for the training? Or does it vary for each student?

100% paid for for everybody.

QueenBee017
28th Aug 2019, 19:47

No call or email received here, still invite to pre-selection showing.

Bravo53559
28th Aug 2019, 22:46

Got a call this morning and email confirming details for the assessment centre shortly after but "Invite to pre selection online test" still showing on my application on the website as of now.

NotSpeedbird
29th Aug 2019, 02:07
Just a quick note on criteria and such mentioned a few posts back;

I have no flying hours or medical done, but still got the call. Wanted to point this out in case anyone reading was put off!

oaashy
29th Aug 2019, 12:58
Hi everyone!

New to here but thought I'd join to discuss the programme with people.

I got a call from Aer Lingus yesterday stating that I have been successful and have booked my slot for the 20th.

Bit confused about the Garda Vetting Invitation form. Are we expected to just leave the AIC person number blank and bring the rest of the completed form to the assessment centre?

In regards to the vision test, I've read that a letter of confirmation signed by an optician is good enough. Have just finished doing my basic criminal background check by the UK government too.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for news about their application!

shamrock_f22
29th Aug 2019, 18:30
Got a call this morning and email confirming details for the assessment centre shortly after but "Invite to pre selection online test" still showing on my application on the website as of now.

It always shows that. My application for last year says that even now

FlightRichy
29th Aug 2019, 19:46
Hi there,
I got my call today for the assessment day. Delighted is an understatement. However I’m trying to figure out the rough numbers of people being called and also if anyone knows how the assessment day works, event layout wise, the kind of assessments put forwards.
Congrats to all those who got calls and for those who didn’t this year, keep trying and never give up.
cheers.

NesherUY
30th Aug 2019, 05:38
I'm in! I'm going on the 19th. Anyone know how many candidates they will be inviting? And how many spots there are in total to fill?

Also, any info on the characteristics of the bond and salary afterwards? How much is the pay after joining, and if we have to pay for our training taking from our salary afterwards or if it is just a number of years of bond.

I'm excited.

Tom Lewis
30th Aug 2019, 08:18
Applied last year but had issues with the upload of the video interview when servers crashed close to the dead line. Got in this year! So happy! Had the phone call on the 21st of August and booked to go on the 18th September. Give me a shout if you're on for the same day. Booked my Airbnb and flight from Cardiff on the 17th. Good Luck everyone!

shamrock301
30th Aug 2019, 15:35
Did anyone get a call today and/or anyone still waiting? I’m guessing today will be the last day of calls but I don’t understand why they haven’t sent emails to all those that haven’t been successful. It’s painful not knowing and hoping for a call everyday.

tomysth
30th Aug 2019, 18:52
Did anyone get a call today and/or anyone still waiting? I’m guessing today will be the last day of calls but I don’t understand why they haven’t sent emails to all those that haven’t been successful. It’s painful not knowing and hoping for a call everyday.
Still waiting here too. Have given up hope at this stage

shamrock301
30th Aug 2019, 21:25
Still nothing..Bit annoying as you say.
Not sure why they can't inform the unsuccessful candidates first and then contact the 250+ lucky ones.
But they're running the course & paying for everything so I suppose they can make the rules!
Very true. We will stay positive anyway there could be more calls to come. You’re not out of it until that dreaded email comes.

WarrenFlight
2nd Sep 2019, 12:01
Still no word here but it's my first time of applying. I wonder if they're selecting people who have applied in previous years as it shows commitment.

QueenBee017
3rd Sep 2019, 16:08
Still not heard anything here either way. Given up hope now with assessment days starting next Monday.

Thunder_182
4th Sep 2019, 08:39
Oaashy, drop me a private message please, your Inbox is full. Cheers!

=================================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

AKorol
4th Sep 2019, 09:26
Hi everyone!

New to here but thought I'd join to discuss the programme with people.

I got a call from Aer Lingus yesterday stating that I have been successful and have booked my slot for the 20th.

Bit confused about the Garda Vetting Invitation form. Are we expected to just leave the AIC person number blank and bring the rest of the completed form to the assessment centre?

In regards to the vision test, I've read that a letter of confirmation signed by an optician is good enough. Have just finished doing my basic criminal background check by the UK government too.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for news about their application!

I had the same query and called them up to confirm, you only need to have the completed form and not the AIC person number (they do that for you),
Good luck!
Andrew

FuturePilot_123
4th Sep 2019, 12:14
Also, regarding Criminal Record check... is that a DBS?

If so, can I use the one I already have? Or is it a must to apply for a new one?

Many thanks.

NotSpeedbird
4th Sep 2019, 13:26
Also, regarding Criminal Record check... is that a DBS?

If so, can I use the one I already have? Or is it a must to apply for a new one?

Many thanks.

I emailed them to ask if mine was still valid, told no as will have just expired by training if successful... 6 months is the limit - so say the cut off is December. If in doubt, drop them an email!

Blakey0204
4th Sep 2019, 15:21
Anyone one else still in limbo?

I applied last year and got through to the interviews, though unfortunately had to drop out the day after being invited as I found out I was expecting my first child! Couldn’t very well risk being away for 14 months.

Feels incredibly ignorant to not even respond with a yes or a no, especially after asking us to complete multiple tests and a video interview.

Good luck to those going to Dublin in the next few weeks!

FuturePilot_123
4th Sep 2019, 19:49
I emailed them to ask if mine was still valid, told no as will have just expired by training if successful... 6 months is the limit - so say the cut off is December. If in doubt, drop them an email!

Thanks NotSpeedbird.

Is a basic check sufficient, or do they require a different type of check?

Many thanks for all your support.

BR.

QueenBee017
4th Sep 2019, 21:21
Anyone one else still in limbo?

I applied last year and got through to the interviews, though unfortunately had to drop out the day after being invited as I found out I was expecting my first child! Couldn’t very well risk being away for 14 months.

Feels incredibly ignorant to not even respond with a yes or a no, especially after asking us to complete multiple tests and a video interview.

Good luck to those going to Dublin in the next few weeks!

Yup, still not a peep here.

mboqseif
5th Sep 2019, 09:16
I’m still in limbo mate, horrible feeling. I get that this is a massive arrangement but an email or a status change on the application page just saying you are in X position would be lovely

NotSpeedbird
5th Sep 2019, 10:12
Thanks NotSpeedbird.

Is a basic check sufficient, or do they require a different type of check?

Many thanks for all your support.

BR. Basic is the only one we can do as private citizens, the Garda form is their version of the counter-terrorism check for UK airlines/airports. For Standard or Enhanced DBS Aer Lingus would need to file that on our behalf!

More than welcome BR

Blakey0204
5th Sep 2019, 10:41
I’m still in limbo mate, horrible feeling. I get that this is a massive arrangement but an email or a status change on the application page just saying you are in X position would be lovely
It is a massive arrangement, but it’s not their first rodeo either - it’s either intentional or negligent.
It does make me wonder whether we’re being held in reserve in case their first choices to go through aren’t what they’re looking for. Maybe that’s just my hopeful side though lol

parkfell
5th Sep 2019, 11:22
Good afternoon all,

Re. Leaving Certificate Results... what exactly is this equivalent to if you’re from the UK (Wales)?

Many thanks.

BR.

The examination certificates issued when you were at school?

FuturePilot_123
5th Sep 2019, 15:30
Basic is the only one we can do as private citizens, the Garda form is their version of the counter-terrorism check for UK airlines/airports. For Standard or Enhanced DBS Aer Lingus would need to file that on our behalf!

More than welcome BR

Many thanks for taking the time to explain this NotSpeedbird.

Very best of luck on your assessment day.

BR

Flyinghigh54674
6th Sep 2019, 15:01
Has anyone still not heard back?

shamrock301
6th Sep 2019, 15:19
Has anyone still not heard back?

I haven’t and a lot of others haven’t either. My guess is we won’t hear anything until the assessments have been completed. I imagine they keep a pool of people for cancellations and any other unforeseen issues.

Homa Bird
10th Sep 2019, 13:20
Still haven't heard a peep. Perhaps it's time I gave them a call.

rocketrazz
10th Sep 2019, 14:33
was in the same position last time round and decided to email them and got my rejection email a couple days after so will not risk it this time.

QueenBee017
10th Sep 2019, 15:09

Let us know what they say. I’ve emailed weekly and each time received a ‘still assessing’ reply. I’m going to call on Friday if I don’t hear anything before then.

GPMC
10th Sep 2019, 18:37
I think the Assessment days commenced yesterday and run until Friday week. I would imagine approx 25/30 per day. Unfortunately for those not called, I wouldn’t be holding my breath.

GTI1992
10th Sep 2019, 20:15
Assessments started yesterday and are running until the 20th. I only received a phone yesterday after patiently waiting. I was offered the 19th and 20th

roblouiswalsh
11th Sep 2019, 17:13
Hi Elise - did you set up a whatsapp in the end?

StayOutOfTheSoup
12th Sep 2019, 15:19
Anybody know how many cadets EI are taking this year?

shamrock_f22
15th Sep 2019, 06:03
Anybody know how many cadets EI are taking this year?

No, I don't recall any figures being stated at the assessment centre either

parkfell
16th Sep 2019, 10:20
Assessments started yesterday and are running until the 20th. I only received a phone yesterday after patiently waiting. I was offered the 19th and 20th

Just out of interest, is there anyone yet to receive either a NO THANKS email, or a telephone call inviting them to be assessed?

BuzzKill_91
17th Sep 2019, 09:47
Attended the group assessment last week. I guess tomorrow is the last assessment day since they said they had ~240 in total for the group assessments, and there are 24 people invited each day. After that, they told us they would be in contact in about 4 weeks if successful, so more waiting for now...

They didn't mention how many cadets they would be taking this year, but they did say in the morning that they had a space for "everybody in the room", which I'm assuming means at least 24 places, though that seems like a lot so maybe they are planning to have more than 1 class this year.

Good luck too all those still waiting, and keep the faith if you didn't make it this year. This was my 4th time applying, and they mentioned that they need something like 300 pilots over the next 5 years, so take what you've learned from the process this year and you will have a head start next year!

Blakey0204
17th Sep 2019, 10:15
Just out of interest, is there anyone yet to receive either a NO THANKS email, or a telephone call inviting them to be assessed?
I’ve not received a call or a no thanks email as of yet. I’ve written it off at this stage now though, will just knuckle down for the next opportunity :)

Pretty sure I’m not alone in being in the ‘no answer’ group.

QueenBee017
17th Sep 2019, 10:41

Still nothing.

GPMC
17th Sep 2019, 10:46
Still nothing.

Sorry to hear that. I wouldn’t be holding my breath. Quite poor people management from EI point of view. You would think that after taking the time to complete all the online assessments etc, they would at least inform you of where you are rather than leave you in no mans land!!

StayOutOfTheSoup
17th Sep 2019, 11:56
Attended the group assessment last week. I guess tomorrow is the last assessment day since they said they had ~240 in total for the group assessments, and there are 24 people invited each day. After that, they told us they would be in contact in about 4 weeks if successful, so more waiting for now...

Friday the 20th is the last day of assessments as far as I'm aware. They go on for 10 days (09 Sep - 20 Sep)

Anybody know how many they take forward to the Psychiatrist/Psychologist Interview?

BuzzKill_91
20th Sep 2019, 09:52
Friday the 20th is the last day of assessments as far as I'm aware. They go on for 10 days (09 Sep - 20 Sep)

Anybody know how many they take forward to the Psychiatrist/Psychologist Interview?

Yes, sorry. You're absolutely right. 10 days off assessments, NOT including the weekend days (doh!), so today is the last day. Figures should be correct though.

I reckon it's ~240 invited to the group stage. Of those, if roughly half make it to the panel interview in the afternoon (not necessarily true as they will interview everyone who gets enough points in the group exercise, so could very well be much more or less), then that would be around 120 people, from which they would pick their cadet class of 12 or 24 or whatever it is.

Definitely just guessing here, but I would assume for costs reasons they would only send their first choice candidates for the cadet class to the psych/medical stage (Initial Class 1 medical is ~€450 alone), and only if someone fails would they select the next person from the list for testing. I guess it will be pretty quite here for another 4 weeks or so now!

mboqseif
20th Sep 2019, 11:43
Still nothing here either, which email address have people been using to enquire? Whilst it’s pretty certain by this point it’s a no, I’d still like to actually hear it!

GPMC
20th Sep 2019, 18:18
so that’s it everyone for another year... how did everybody find it? Did many people get interviews from your assessment day?

Personally, I was in on 20th, and I would estimate approx 15 people got interview. Some strong candidates

good luck to all

FFfrusciante
23rd Sep 2019, 07:58
so that’s it everyone for another year... how did everybody find it? Did many people get interviews from your assessment day?

Personally, I was in on 20th, and I would estimate approx 15 people got interview. Some strong candidates

good luck to all

Best of luck!

I think around 18 of the 24 were put through to interview on my day. I've got to say, this new format is brilliant in comparison to earlier years. The whole day sets you up to feel like you really have a chance and the staff genuinely give the impression that they want you to do your best. It was stated in the welcome brief that anybody who makes the grade will be interviewed, from my experience it seemed that in previous years it was much more a case of 50% had to be cut in the morning.

All the people I went to interview alongside were great people whom I'd love to work alongside and there was an awful lot of talent present. To that end I have every faith that when I get my inevitable "Thanks but no thanks" e-mail it will be because the very best of the best filled the available positions.

GPMC
23rd Sep 2019, 15:59
When do you think we will hear? They said it could be 2/3 weeks, but I don’t see what the big delay would be.

Surely they will be able to make decisions within the first half of this week and start contacting again?

Any thoughts ?

Lee321
24th Sep 2019, 08:18
Best of luck!

I think around 18 of the 24 were put through to interview on my day. I've got to say, this new format is brilliant in comparison to earlier years. The whole day sets you up to feel like you really have a chance and the staff genuinely give the impression that they want you to do your best. It was stated in the welcome brief that anybody who makes the grade will be interviewed, from my experience it seemed that in previous years it was much more a case of 50% had to be cut in the morning.

All the people I went to interview alongside were great people whom I'd love to work alongside and there was an awful lot of talent present. To that end I have every faith that when I get my inevitable "Thanks but no thanks" e-mail it will be because the very best of the best filled the available positions.

Can I just ask, as I got the rejection this year and last, what is it that you think has set you apart from those of us that did not make it to interviews? What is your background and experience if you don’t mind me asking? Thanks in Advance!

FFfrusciante
24th Sep 2019, 15:08
Can I just ask, as I got the rejection this year and last, what is it that you think has set you apart from those of us that did not make it to interviews? What is your background and experience if you don’t mind me asking? Thanks in Advance!

In my opinion it's definitely the aptitude scores. I have made it to final interview twice and didn't pass the aptitude/video interview stage once. I remember feeling that year that I'd performed poorly on the tests, my head just wasn't with it that day.

PPRuNeUser0207
25th Sep 2019, 20:38
In my opinion it's definitely the aptitude scores. I have made it to final interview twice and didn't pass the aptitude/video interview stage once. I remember feeling that year that I'd performed poorly on the tests, my head just wasn't with it that day.

I'll second this 100%. I had started a new job around the assessments. Definitely was not focused.

mboqseif
26th Sep 2019, 10:15
Finally got my cheers but........... email today. Would this indicate I was on their reserve list given how long it has taken for it to arrive? Obviously no reasons given which is mildly annoying

AKorol
26th Sep 2019, 19:57
Finally got my cheers but........... email today. Would this indicate I was on their reserve list given how long it has taken for it to arrive? Obviously no reasons given which is mildly annoying

I’d guess so, people were getting calls all the way up to the start of the assessment centre so they’d hold off on telling everyone they’d been rejected.

In regards to psychometric testing, your mentality at the time makes an enormous difference. Probably the easiest program to get into I failed at the first hurdle because I did it on deadline day which happened to be the day I got told abruptly my client was going under meaning I was probably going to be out of a job and my head was a bowl of soup at the time! On the contrary, I made it through to the assessment centre at an airline and also air traffic control (which was much more difficult), so do it with a clear head and you’ll be fine.

In regards to passing the assessment centre (this is purely my opinion and observations, it’s not gospel!) the people on my day who did well seemed to have the following traits in the group exercise:
-Able to get involved and voice their opinions (includes making positive suggestions about running the exercise)
-Methodical (there’s time pressure)
-Listen to others and allow them to take part

And during the panel session
-Understand basic aircraft functions (very important)
-Able to articulate a well thought out response
-Not deviate from the topic
-Listen to others, everyone gets their turn

To prepare for the interview, they’re going to ask you all the standard questions or some variation of them
-If you’re moving, how will you cope
-Workload is high, how do you think you’ll manage it
-tell us about a time when you showed perseverance, had a clash with a colleague, showed determination, overcame a challenge etc.
-A bit about the airline or what the training school is like (please do your research!)
-There’s going to be a technical component too so you can’t walk in with an ‘I want to fly but know nothing about it’ attitude

Its all done on a points system to work out who progresses; you get scored for your group, panel and interview exercises. I wouldn’t know what the weighting’s for each activity are but either way it seems like a very fair system.

Just reiterating this is purely my opinion and is fairly general to all assessment days. Good luck to all and if you don’t get this opportunity, may the experience be a learning curve

A320cruising
1st Oct 2019, 22:44
AKorol;

Great insight. Do you mind if I ask what the age profile of the attendees were?[/left]

Boeing737lover
2nd Oct 2019, 12:10
Has anyone received a call this week?

Eviation
2nd Oct 2019, 14:33
AKorol;

Great insight. Do you mind if I ask what the age profile of the attendees were?
Age profile was varied at the assessment centre I attended. Few straight out of secondary level education. The majority had completed bachelor degrees in various fields with some attendees working in the industry for the last 15 years. To answer the next question, I haven’t heard of any calls yet but should be notified by the end of this week if not next week.

shamrock_f22
2nd Oct 2019, 14:39
Nothing yet how about you?

AKorol
3rd Oct 2019, 04:46
Hi There,

In regards to age (I’ll talk about the people who made it to the interviews) it was mostly around 25 or a bit either side, there were a few people in their 30s too

StayOutOfTheSoup
3rd Oct 2019, 08:02
Some calls have been made for the psych interview. Hard to know how many people will get that call

GPMC
3rd Oct 2019, 13:53
Some calls have been made for the psych interview. Hard to know how many people will get that call

If there is 24 spots, i would say 27 people for psych interview / medical. It costs a a lot of money for aer lingus

Boeing737lover
3rd Oct 2019, 13:58
If there is 24 spots, i would say 27 people for psych interview / medical. It costs a a lot of money for aer lingus
I wonder have all calls gone out yet. It seems very quiet in comparison to last year.

FFfrusciante
3rd Oct 2019, 15:16

How do you know that buddy? I spoke to a candidate on my day who last year had a Psych interview and medical (passed both) and still wasn't offered a post!

AirbusLover1
5th Oct 2019, 09:44
Yes the calls started this week with physc interviews this week / some next week. I think it’s only a small batch they have called so plenty of time.

FAA wannabe
5th Oct 2019, 10:23
Yes the calls started this week with physc interviews this week / some next week. I think it’s only a small batch they have called so plenty of time.

How do you know this? Did you receive a call?

shamrock_f22
7th Oct 2019, 10:54
Anyone got the call today?

RebSteph
8th Oct 2019, 11:12
Anyone got the call today?

I’m still waiting to hear from them. Has anyone gotten a rejection call yet?

BuzzKill_91
8th Oct 2019, 13:35
I suspect only 20-30 people will get the call to progress to the next step at this point, so chances of those that do being on the forums gets relatively slimmer with each stage.

Perhaps the best question to ask would be if anyone has started receiving the goodbye emails yet!? :oh:

Eviation
8th Oct 2019, 15:36
I suspect only 20-30 people will get the call to progress to the next step at this point, so chances of those that do being on the forums gets relatively slimmer with each stage.

Perhaps the best question to ask would be if anyone has started receiving the goodbye emails yet!? :oh:

No contact received yet , good or bad. Was told at my interview I would hear back within 4 weeks which would mean today.

shamrock_f22
8th Oct 2019, 15:39
Not been told to PFO yet, but emails from HR were fairly generic and not committing to any timescales. I'd agree with the point above, chances are becoming slimmer as each day goes on even though I was told mid October before I'd hear back.

Ollieh199
8th Oct 2019, 16:14
Not been told to PFO yet, but emails from HR were fairly generic and not committing to any timescales. I'd agree with the point above, chances are becoming slimmer as each day goes on even though I was told mid October before I'd hear back.
Maybe an advanced group for the November selection? Seems like they’re doing things a bit differently to last year so maybe a few calls still to be made, if anyone has any info post it here

shamrock_f22
8th Oct 2019, 20:32
Maybe an advanced group for the November selection? Seems like they’re doing things a bit differently to last year so maybe a few calls still to be made, if anyone has any info post it here
I thought there was only one selection?

Ollieh199
8th Oct 2019, 20:41
I thought there was only one selection?
I don’t think there is room for all new recruits to start on the November course

NotSpeedbird
9th Oct 2019, 09:08
No contact received yet , good or bad. Was told at my interview I would hear back within 4 weeks which would mean today.

We were on the same day then, I’m watching you for any updates 😅.

Most of us have 1 month notice periods, so if they stick to that then we need to have been called (and cleared Medical/Psych) by 21st Oct at the latest - for the proposed Nov 22nd start.

Hence I’m guessing they’re just very slow at sending rejection emails -.\. Guess we’ll find out soon enough!

kal254
9th Oct 2019, 09:59
My guess is they are holding off on rejection emails incase some people fail the medical.

Williamster
9th Oct 2019, 13:55
I was interviewed on the 19th and told that we would be waiting at least 2-3 weeks to hear back so here's hoping ;-) On a side note, throughout the assessment days, what dates were people given as potential starting dates? We were told Nov 22nd was ours, but that lead me to believe people at the previous week's assessment day may have been given an earlier date? On the FTE site there's the 31st of Oct and Nov 22nd.

shamrock_f22
9th Oct 2019, 16:38
I was interviewed on the 19th and told that we would be waiting at least 2-3 weeks to hear back so here's hoping ;-) On a side note, throughout the assessment days, what dates were people given as potential starting dates? We were told Nov 22nd was ours, but that lead me to believe people at the previous week's assessment day may have been given an earlier date? On the FTE site there's the 31st of Oct and Nov 22nd.

I was told the 23rd Nov. 22nd seems sensible though if that's what's on the FTE website

gordonxxxcxx
9th Oct 2019, 17:07
I was told the 23rd Nov. 22nd seems sensible though if that's what's on the FTE website

22 is a Friday and 23 is a Saturday, both sound insensible.

Anyone has any actually got a call? All I saw here is friend’s friend got a call blah blah

eieioh
9th Oct 2019, 18:15
Hi ShamrockF22... There are two start dates for EI Cadets pre xmas: Nov 1st, and Nov 22nd (6 places on each)

EI already have 7 people who were in a holding pool from last year assigned to these, which leaves 5 places left for a Nov 22nd start. People have been called for psy over the past two weeks - presumably to quickly fill the remaining spaces pre xmas. Once complete I imagine they can look to place people on 2020 courses. Hope that sheds some light, and best of luck.

shamrock_f22
9th Oct 2019, 20:25
Hi ShamrockF22... There are two start dates for EI Cadets pre xmas: Nov 1st, and Nov 22nd (6 places on each)

EI already have 7 people who were in a holding pool from last year assigned to these, which leaves 5 places left for a Nov 22nd start. People have been called for psy over the past two weeks - presumably to quickly fill the remaining spaces pre xmas. Once complete I imagine they can look to place people on 2020 courses. Hope that sheds some light, and best of luck.

Oh okay... Not quite sure what to make of that other than it seems like it's not heading in the right direction then. So many questions but no way of getting answers! Guess that's just the way it goes :)

Ollieh199
9th Oct 2019, 22:32

EI already have 7 people who were in a holding pool from last year assigned to these, which leaves 5 places left for a Nov 22nd start. People have been called for psy over the past two weeks - presumably to quickly fill the remaining spaces pre xmas. Once complete I imagine they can look to place people on 2020 courses. Hope that sheds some light, and best of luck. how do you know this if you don’t mind me asking?

FAA wannabe
10th Oct 2019, 08:24

Hello!

Can you please tell us how you know this definitively? This directly contradicts information people were told at the assessment days by some HR staff.

I'd like to think Aer Lingus wouldn't go through the massive effort of a new assesment process with 10 full days of assesment centres, to offer 5 places only. They probably could have found another 5 good candidates from their existing holding pool.

Thanks

Bravo53559
10th Oct 2019, 10:23
I know the whole point of Pprune is rumour sharing, but it seems like a lot of info being posted on this thread may only be wild speculation.

For example, I’ve seen the number of places vary from 12 to 24. I’ve heard/read varying rumours about holding pools, multiple start dates in 2019/2020, preferred age/gender profiles, and even candidates with multiple previous applications getting preference.

Aer Lingus have been fairly tight-lipped about the whole process so I’d be interested to hear where people are getting their info.

I’m not criticising anyone for posting their thoughts, but being as I’m one of those waiting for a call, the lack of reliable info just makes the wait all that more agonising and frustrating!

Definitely asking the Granny to light a candle for me at this stage!!

SpaceGirlClo
10th Oct 2019, 10:32
Has anyone got a call themselves to verify those statements?
I haven’t heard a thing, so assuming I was unlucky this time around 😅
Would just like to be told yes or no so that I can get myself sorted at this point

AirbusLover1
10th Oct 2019, 17:34
I’ve received a call and did the physc interview last week. I’ve no further information on next steps/ start dates/ numbers being called.

Bravo53559
10th Oct 2019, 19:55
I’ve received a call and did the physc interview last week. I’ve no further information on next steps/ start dates/ numbers being called.

I asked the interviewers on the assessment day at the end of my interview what the next steps were. The HR person said “the next step is decision” with the medical and psych. I asked if that meant a place offer was conditional on successful passing the medical and psych and she said yes.

Based on what I was told by the HR person, I understood it to mean that if you’re invited to the psych and medical, a place is probably yours provided you passed both.

Fingers crossed for you!

How was the psych interview? What was involved?

shamrock_f22
11th Oct 2019, 12:13
Anybody got a call/email today?

Williamster
11th Oct 2019, 12:34
Haven't received either today...

Justtellme
14th Oct 2019, 09:59
Is it to much to ask for a decision either way, particularly given the time all candidates have already put into the process? AL have started calling people, possibly even finished calling people, surely they can manage a blanket "better luck next time" email.

flynewbe
14th Oct 2019, 15:13
This is getting kind of frustrating. Still no rejection email, has anyone contacted HR or been contacted by them in the last week?

shamrock_f22
14th Oct 2019, 17:17
flynewbe you pm'd me but I can't reply as your inbox is full

flynewbe
14th Oct 2019, 17:29
Deleted old message ,ok now I think

Grey Oak
15th Oct 2019, 14:35
I got a call re next stage psych interview on 30 Sept. Did psych interview early last week. Apparently the psych doctor had 2 more to do the day after mine. HR said to me on 30th Sept that they are still working through all applications and they were approved for cadet for 2020 so were looking for that too. I haven’t heard anything since. Anyone else who did the psych test?

shamrock_f22
15th Oct 2019, 15:31
Grey Oak flynewbe your inboxes are full again, I can't reply to you

flynewbe
15th Oct 2019, 15:56
Grey Oak flynewbe your inboxes are full again, I can't reply to you
Ok now,deleted old message

FFfrusciante
15th Oct 2019, 19:46
I received an email from the testers this afternoon inviting me to undertake the psychological testing. I've yet to hear from Aer Lingus thenselves though.

Grey Oak
16th Oct 2019, 18:49
Very frustrating. Remember that some people did get rejection emails so hopefully its a positive thing.

BuzzKill_91
16th Oct 2019, 19:05
I got asked about my communication skills in my interview. Oh the irony.

Did some people have the psych skype interviews already? Anyone have any idea when they started or how many received invites?

flynewbe
17th Oct 2019, 13:45
Very frustrating. Remember that some people did get rejection emails so hopefully its a positive thing.

I didnt hear of anyone getting rejection emails that completed the interview.

GPMC
17th Oct 2019, 14:39
What day was your group/individual assessment if you don't mind me asking?
good question. Was thinking could they be doing it in order of assessment day but probably not.

I had mine on 20th and still heard nothing

FFfrusciante
17th Oct 2019, 15:36
What day was your group/individual assessment if you don't mind me asking?
Early second week.

BuzzKill_91
18th Oct 2019, 19:26
Apparently some rejection emails started going out today?

flynewbe
18th Oct 2019, 20:10
Wow, I cannot believe another week has passed without any communication.

Mike_Harrison
18th Oct 2019, 23:23
Off topic.

Whats the time range to upgrade at the moment for pilots joining with experience?

FFfrusciante
19th Oct 2019, 14:55
There are no more Psychologist interview slots available and rejection emails started going out yesterday.

i know how frustrating and disappointing it is, I've been there plenty of times too but the attitude and tone of some of the responses here will be your own downfall. We all know nobody gets this scheme in their first year (and very few in their second).

Remain positive, take each year as an opportunity to learn and develop and come back next year fighting.

I've no idea how EI work so they may go on to make a reserve list or something similar.

FAA wannabe
19th Oct 2019, 16:24
There are no more Psychologist interview slots available and rejection emails started going out yesterday.

i know how frustrating and disappointing it is, I've been there plenty of times too but the attitude and tone of some of the responses here will be your own downfall. We all know nobody gets this scheme in their first year (and very few in their second).

Remain positive, take each year as an opportunity to learn and develop and come back next year fighting.

I've no idea how EI work so they may go on to make a reserve list or something similar.
​​​​​​
There are people in Jerez right now for EI who got in first time. There are also people this time round who were first timers and some of the first to get a medical.

FFfrusciante
19th Oct 2019, 18:20
​​​​​​
There are people in Jerez right now for EI who got in first time. There are also people this time round who were first timers and some of the first to get a medical.

Well then I stand entirely corrected but my sentiment remains.

flynewbe
19th Oct 2019, 18:58
FFfrusciante;

Hi,
Where did you hear that all slots are filled?

Bravo53559
19th Oct 2019, 19:30

FFfrusciante, just wondering where you got your info from in relation to the psych interview slots and rejection emails?

From what I’ve read, candidates are still receiving email invites to the psych interviews up until a day or two ago.

As for the rejection emails, Aer Lingus use an application tracking system which sends out automated rejection emails to applicable candidates at the click of a button. If they have indeed come to the end of the selection process, most likely every unsuccessful candidate would have received an email by now if some have already been sent, and certainly around the same time.

FFfrusciante
19th Oct 2019, 22:25
FFfrusciante, just wondering where you got your info from in relation to the psych interview slots and rejection emails?

From what I’ve read, candidates are still receiving email invites to the psych interviews up until a day or two ago.

As for the rejection emails, Aer Lingus use an application tracking system which sends out automated rejection emails to applicable candidates at the click of a button. If they have indeed come to the end of the selection process, most likely every unsuccessful candidate would have received an email by now if some have already been sent, and certainly around the same time.

Bravo I've sent you a PM

IJustWantToFly
21st Oct 2019, 13:26
I haven't heard anything either way yet- is any one else in the same boat?

Bravo53559
21st Oct 2019, 18:59

Yep...still waiting! I've heard nothing yet.

SpaceGirlClo
21st Oct 2019, 18:59

I am completely in the same boat.
I have heard nothing, good nor bad. I even emailed to check up on my application and didn’t receive a reply there either.
I’m sure there are others awaiting replies, too.

SpaceGirlClo
21st Oct 2019, 19:05

To add to this, I would just like to say that I know, for certain, there were people down for psych interviews today, 21st Oct.
This could be the last batch or they could still be ongoing.

GPMC
21st Oct 2019, 19:26
Yes still waiting. Complete disrespect of candidates time. Aer Lingus HR living up to their disorganised reputation yet again.

Williamster
22nd Oct 2019, 11:01
Anyone from 19th interview group still waiting to hear back? Those that have been called to psych interview, Did they set any expectation dates wise to hear back about progressing to the next round?

Scott Toland
22nd Oct 2019, 23:31
Anyone from 19th interview group still waiting to hear back? Those that have been called to psych interview, Did they set any expectation dates wise to hear back about progressing to the next round?
I was on the 19th and I'm still waiting to hear back either way too.

Williamster
24th Oct 2019, 09:50
Has anyone who made it to the interview stages received rejections or is it just those who didn't make it to the assessment days?

Eviation
24th Oct 2019, 16:37
Just received a rejection email today. For those still waiting on replies, there are 18 more positions to fill for January/February intake from people who have not had psychometric tests. The programme will re-open next may also.

IJustWantToFly
24th Oct 2019, 18:29
Just received a rejection email today. For those still waiting on replies, there are 18 more positions to fill for January/February intake from people who have not had psychometric tests. The programme will re-open next may also.

Where did you hear this?

Williamster
24th Oct 2019, 19:22
Hard luck Eviation. I too received a rejection email today. I would like to sincerely wish all of those who are still awaiting news the very best of luck with the rest of the process. Everyone I met on my assessment day genuinely deserved to be there and certainly deserve to progress further in this competition. Roll on the next programme intake :-)

Eviation
25th Oct 2019, 08:30
Heard there were 18 positions yet to fill directly from aer lingus. They are still processing applications. There is still hope for all that haven’t received an email yet.

IJustWantToFly
25th Oct 2019, 10:44
Heard there were 18 positions yet to fill directly from aer lingus. They are still processing applications. There is still hope for all that haven’t received an email yet.

Ah cool thanks! Maybe there's hope for me yet :)

lmck95
26th Oct 2019, 13:15
Hi people,

I have a Whitetail assessment coming up at FTE Jerez, and I just wanted to find out whether or not the joystick controls were inverted during your assessment? Just so I can practise accurately.

Thanks in advance.

BuzzKill_91
26th Oct 2019, 21:15
@lmck95
Not sure if the assessment will be the exact same for FTE as Aer Lingus have been running their own assessments for a few years now, and even at that, the platform had a few new functions this year compared to previous ones, but anyway I assume you are referring to the tunnel test in which case it was a "virtual joystick" on screen that had to be moved with the mouse, and the controls were not inverted.

Hope it helps, and good luck with your assessment.

NesherUY
27th Oct 2019, 05:01
lmck95,

I have done the FTE assessment in May, and can confirm there was a physical joystick. The controls were inverted, just like you would handle a normal aircraft (pull is climb, push down is descend).

lmck95
27th Oct 2019, 12:31
Great. Thanks both for your input.

NesherUY - If the joystick behaves like a real-life one, I assume its left to go left, and right to go right then?

Av8rr
29th Oct 2019, 09:05
Anyone still waiting on a response after the interviews?

BuzzKill_91
29th Oct 2019, 09:30
So does anyone who did the psych interview have any idea when we might hear back?

Scott Toland
29th Oct 2019, 16:37
Anyone still waiting on a response after the interviews?
Yeah I'm still waiting, not heard anything yet

IJustWantToFly
29th Oct 2019, 19:11
Yeah I'm still waiting, not heard anything yet

Also still waiting

Eviation
30th Oct 2019, 10:18
I received a few private messages about my previous message. Could those that message me please empty their inboxes and I will be happy to reply. The information regarding 18 positions for Jan/Feb intake came directly from Aer Lingus recruitment team for the programme. The 12 successful applicants for November intake were posted on an aer lingus recruitment team LinkedIn. Each application must be vouched for personally by head of recruitment to the board of directors for sign off of training investment and as such it is a very slow process. Best of luck to those that still haven’t received emails after an interview (Good news!) and for all that have received rejection emails, best of luck with applications when the programme opens early summer 2020 again!

Justtellme
30th Oct 2019, 12:25
I received a few private messages about my previous message. Could those that message me please empty their inboxes and I will be happy to reply. The information regarding 18 positions for Jan/Feb intake came directly from Aer Lingus recruitment team for the programme. The 12 successful applicants for November intake were posted on an aer lingus recruitment team LinkedIn. Each application must be vouched for personally by head of recruitment to the board of directors for sign off of training investment and as such it is a very slow process. Best of luck to those that still haven’t received emails after an interview (Good news!) and for all that have received rejection emails, best of luck with applications when the programme opens early summer 2020 again!

Ah... you are getting my hopes up..... still waiting to hear back after interview.

cloud_surfing
30th Oct 2019, 22:10
Those that got the rejection email, does it state the role that you applied for?
And do they provide any feedback?

Good luck to everyone still waiting... I hate the waiting game!

planetalking
31st Oct 2019, 00:20
A photo has been published stating the first 12 chosen. I recognise one out of my group. I emphasise the fact it does say 'first', perhaps there are more than one group. Well done to all.

FFfrusciante
31st Oct 2019, 08:42
A photo has been published stating the first 12 chosen. I recognise one out of my group. I emphasise the fact it does say 'first', perhaps there are more than one group. Well done to all.

Fantastic! Do you have the link to that photo?

BuzzKill_91
31st Oct 2019, 09:51
The post reads:

"We were delighted to welcome our first group of 12 Future Pilots to Aer Lingus today. They received a warm welcome from the Flight Operations Management team and our CEO, Sean Doyle. They now commence a challenging 18 month course in Jerez/Dublin. Best of luck."

I haven't posted enough to be allowed to post the link yet (newbie status), but you can find it here:
linkedin. com/posts/karl-o-neill-6b74b41a_aerlingus-ftejerez-futurepilots-activity-6595036480861675520-5v6x

BuzzKill_91
2nd Nov 2019, 11:51
As far as I understand, the first batch of psych interviews (excluding the 12 already named for the November cadet class) are still underway until next week, so there likely won't be any feedback until mid/late November at the earliest.
I would assume at that point, more psych interviews may be sent out if they have not met their numbers, or possibly for another cadet class starting later in 2020.

Scott Toland
4th Nov 2019, 14:20
Still waiting to hear back either way after the assessment centre interview, starting to lose hope...!

Av8rr
4th Nov 2019, 19:09
Still waiting to hear back either way after the assessment centre interview, starting to lose hope...!

In the same boat..still waiting. Don't lose hope just yet..its a slow process and seemingly EI are still working their way through. No news is good news

FFfrusciante
5th Nov 2019, 16:09
Is anybody with a confirmed date still waiting for their psych interview?

boing797
6th Nov 2019, 16:16
Did anyone else see the LinkedIn post by University College Cork? It's an advert for UCC grads about the 2020 Future Pilot Programme which "starts in Spain in February 2020". There isn't any info about it on the Aer Lingus careers page. Will be interesting to see where all of this goes next. Still haven't heard a word since the interviews.

shamrock_f22
6th Nov 2019, 22:46
Did anyone else see the LinkedIn post by University College Cork? It's an advert for UCC grads about the 2020 Future Pilot Programme which "starts in Spain in February 2020". There isn't any info about it on the Aer Lingus careers page. Will be interesting to see where all of this goes next. Still haven't heard a word since the interviews.
Can you share the link please

shamrock_f22
7th Nov 2019, 06:06
Thanks just had a look. Raises even more questions now! I'm just a bit puzzled, why run more recruitment events when the 2019 candidates are still in various stages of the process and waiting to hear back...

BuzzKill_91
7th Nov 2019, 06:57
I get the feeling some wires were crossed somewhere. I believe (only my own unconfirmed opinion) that the current psych interviewees are being considered for a Feb 2020 cadet class but that there will likely be at least one more class after that in 2020. As of this morning, there is still no new Future Pilot Programme 2020 application available on the Aer Lingus careers website, and even if there was, considering this years process began in June and is still ongoing, it seems highly unlikely to me that any new programme would complete the interviewing process by February. Just my 2 cents!

Av8rr
7th Nov 2019, 08:18
It's so frustrating how we are in the middle of the process and still kept in the dark. And then seeing these kind of posts on top of it, is not really giving a great impression

Av8rr
7th Nov 2019, 08:22
It also says classes starting in feb 2020. How is it possible for them to recruit and hire within 2/3 months when our process began in June and is still ongoing
Very confused!

Av8rr
12th Nov 2019, 15:15
Anyone any news at all? All seeming very ridiculous now at this stage

IJustWantToFly
12th Nov 2019, 15:34
Anyone any news at all? All seeming very ridiculous now at this stage

Not a peep here - think we can assume at this point we are unsuccessful

shamrock_f22
12th Nov 2019, 15:49
Not a peep here - think we can assume at this point we are unsuccessful
The official line is that if you haven't received a rejection, you're still being assessed.

​​​​​​No details officially given on any future intakes and how many positions.

cloud_surfing
13th Nov 2019, 07:38
This seems to be the same as last year. People left in limbo without hearing a word for months! Then they generate the final rejection emails. So I wouldn't get your hopes up if you haven't heard yet unfortunately. It's the exact same pattern
Also, when I was at PCL in London there were a few people who confirmed that they've already chosen their 3 female cadets.
So it seems people know they've got in but either aren't confirming or don't read this forum
Keep reaching for your goals, there's always next year

DalRiata
13th Nov 2019, 16:12
This seems to be the same as last year. People left in limbo without hearing a word for months! Then they generate the final rejection emails. So I wouldn't get your hopes up if you haven't heard yet unfortunately. It's the exact same pattern
Also, when I was at PCL in London there were a few people who confirmed that they've already chosen their 3 female cadets.
So it seems people know they've got in but either aren't confirming or don't read this forum
Keep reaching for your goals, there's always next year

Are you implying they are limited to 3 female cadets?

Av8rr
13th Nov 2019, 16:22
Aer Lingus have just posted today the cadetship program again, open for applications for a few days on their careers page. They've also said that if you haven't heard back from them, there is no need to re-apply, you are still being assessed.

Closing date Monday 18th November

shamrock_f22
13th Nov 2019, 16:35
Aer Lingus have just posted today the cadetship program again, open for applications for a few days on their careers page. They've also said that if you haven't heard back from them, there is no need to re-apply, you are still being assessed.
Where have you seen this? Their website and FB page seem the same

Av8rr
13th Nov 2019, 16:37
Where have you seen this? Their website and FB page seem the same

It's on their website if you check all current vacancies

BuzzKill_91
13th Nov 2019, 16:37
Aer Lingus careers page still says "Application process has now closed. Thank you for your interest."

BuzzKill_91
13th Nov 2019, 16:39

Ah, I stand corrected. You're absolutely right. Not sure if that's good news or bad news for those of us still waiting...

shamrock_f22
13th Nov 2019, 16:39
Thanks seen it now. Baffled.

Av8rr
13th Nov 2019, 16:41
They must be trying to fill up the planned classes in the new year? Otherwise it doesn't make sense
Especially when its only open for 5 or so days

Also note it doesnt specify "2020" application program.

flynewbe
13th Nov 2019, 16:42
So If you received a rejection email in the last couple of weeks,can you apply again? If its true

shamrock_f22
13th Nov 2019, 16:43
They must be trying to fill up the planned classes in the new year? Otherwise it doesn't make sense
Especially when its only open for 5 or so days

Also note it doesnt specify "2020" application program.
Usually HR teams do that when they have candidates in mind but as a formality they need a formal application to be submitted to satisfy governance processes. That's how it is in the non airline world anyway... Not sure what the situation is here.

Av8rr
13th Nov 2019, 16:44
So If you received a rejection email in the last couple of weeks,can you apply again? If its true

Possibly could. I'm not sure

Av8rr
13th Nov 2019, 16:47
Usually HR teams do that when they have candidates in mind but as a formality they need a formal application to be submitted to satisfy governance processes. That's how it is in the non airline world anyway... Not sure what the situation is here.

Its true somewhat with the airline world too. Been there myself. Good point made

flynewbe
13th Nov 2019, 16:51
All the candidates that made the assessment day meet the requirements. This all sounds very wrong.
ttps://www.dcu.ie/sites/default/files/students/future_pilot_info_evening_flyer_13_nov_19.pdf

shamrock_f22
13th Nov 2019, 17:14
All the candidates that made the assessment day meet the requirements. This all sounds very wrong.
ttps://www.dcu.ie/sites/default/files/students/future_pilot_info_evening_flyer_13_nov_19.pdf
The whole thing seems a bit off.

GPMC
13th Nov 2019, 21:13
Just checked the Aer Lingus website and can see that it is re-advertised alright. Very odd. The only thing I can think, is that presumably the situation changed after the interviews closed. Eg. EI were initially approved for 2 cadet schemes, but then they got approval for a third scheme so in essence the goalposts have changed.

What is there to stop somebody who reached interview stage back in Sept. applying again and doing really well as they had recent exposure to the interview process? We may wait and see!

CMM92
14th Nov 2019, 12:16
Hi folks,

I have to agree with others here, it is very strange, that 'Aer Lingus' have re-posted the opening. I had previously applied, but withdrawn due to starting a new job, that would enable me to pay towards 'modular' training, I wanted to give that a fair chance. I am about to undertake my 'Initial first class medical', on 29th November, at Gatwick. I would be very keen, in applying, again.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would assume, that re-opening the application, they intend to have 2 full classes, running for 2020? Would this mean, the applications won't be open again, until 2021?

Does anyone have insight, as to why it would be re-opened? It would be interesting to know.

I feel sorry, for the people still waiting, on something, from 'Aer Lingus'. Hopefully, it's good news for you lot.

Regards,
CM

boing797
14th Nov 2019, 14:32
Was anyone able to attend the Aer Lingus info session for the 2020 program last night?

NEMouse
14th Nov 2019, 15:00
Agreed with all the sentiments, its the group of people who effectively are in no mans land that I really feel for.

A fair number of us got our rejections at the end of October, and the feelings were, that if you hadn't got your PFO letter at that stage you were still in with a chance.

Having seen the ad yesterday, I don't subscribe to that thought process any more.

shamrock_f22
14th Nov 2019, 15:36
I get the need for secrecy surrounding certain aspects of the process but what I can't get behind is when you're far enough along in the process and all these announcements are being made on social media and on new intakes - why can't they confirm any of it when you contact them on the phone? It just seems out of order when people have spouses and families to consider and lives to plan. At least give an indication of when the PFO decision will be made.

Ohce
14th Nov 2019, 17:00
I've had no official contact from AL for 8 weeks now, but the careers site says that I cant apply for this latest opening because technically my application is still under review. I emailed them a fortnight ago and was told I would hear back 'in due course'. I work in a small business of 4 people - we're now having to delay starting projects which will need my skills for the next 6 months, because for all we know I could be gone shortly after Christmas. Unsure what is going on. They owe me nothing, but the common courtesy of communication would be very much appreciated.

Av8rr
14th Nov 2019, 17:27
I get the need for secrecy surrounding certain aspects of the process but what I can't get behind is when you're far enough along in the process and all these announcements are being made on social media and on new intakes - why can't they confirm any of it when you contact them on the phone? It just seems out of order when people have spouses and families to consider and lives to plan. At least give an indication of when the PFO decision will be made.

I second this!! Its very unfair and disrespectful

shamrock_f22
15th Nov 2019, 17:51
This may/may not influence things depending on how they've forecasted pilot demand and subsequent recruitmentAer Lingus to curtail short-haul expansionhttps://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/aer-lingus-to-curtail-short-haul-expansion-961064.html

Justtellme
17th Nov 2019, 11:45
Hi all,

Everybody seems to be very frustrated by the lack of information available. I get the impression that most people are like me and are trying to gauge what their chances are of getting something other than the PFO email. It is impossible to tell what the chances are considering the various opinions offered throughout the forum to date. IF there are still 50 people still waiting on an update - obviously the chances of getting anything other than the PFO are low. HOWEVER, if we (in the absence of an update from AL) can establish that there are only10 people still waiting to hear back it might suggest something else....... So if we are all open and honest we can shed some light on the process for the benefit of us all. To start the ball rolling, I have not heard anything back since the interview.

Please respond in sequence if you are in the same boat....

ONE

Av8rr
17th Nov 2019, 12:41
Hi all,

Everybody seems to be very frustrated by the lack of information available. I get the impression that most people are like me and are trying to gauge what their chances are of getting something other than the PFO email. It is impossible to tell what the chances are considering the various opinions offered throughout the forum to date. IF there are still 50 people still waiting on an update - obviously the chances of getting anything other than the PFO are low. HOWEVER, if we (in the absence of an update from AL) can establish that there are only10 people still waiting to hear back it might suggest something else....... So if we are all open and honest we can shed some light on the process for the benefit of us all. To start the ball rolling, I have not heard anything back since the interview.

Please respond in sequence if you are in the same boat....

ONE

Good job. Thank you for initiating this. I myself haven't heard back after the interviews

TWO

At the Bar
17th Nov 2019, 13:45
I'm also yet to hear. Did the interview day but not been invited to the Psych tests (yet).

THREE

ATB

IJustWantToFly
17th Nov 2019, 14:00
Good job. Thank you for initiating this. I myself haven't heard back after the interviews

TWO

Nothing since the interview

Three

GPMC
17th Nov 2019, 16:18
FIVE

Nothing since interview, told 2-3 weeks for feedback.

Ohce
17th Nov 2019, 16:38
Nothing since interview - told 2/3 weeks.

SIX

BuzzKill_91
17th Nov 2019, 16:54
Think the correct number now should be SEVEN then.

Port872
17th Nov 2019, 17:07
Haven't heard anything myself either

EIGHT

boing797
17th Nov 2019, 18:04
Looks like some posts could be delayed from new users. Perhaps we could try a poll to get a clearer picture?

Vote here: Poll - EasyPolls.net (http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5dd18e48e4b033f78236c7a2)

Av8rr
17th Nov 2019, 18:07
Looks like some posts could be delayed from new users. Perhaps we could try a poll to get a clearer picture?

Vote here: Poll - EasyPolls.net (http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5dd18e48e4b033f78236c7a2)

Excellent. Voted

Justtellme
17th Nov 2019, 18:20
Great Poll, but can people still keep the public count going too, that way there is the possibility of setting up a private chat after. Obviously there might be a small delay for some but his can be managed.

Think we are still on

EIGHT

BuzzKill_91
17th Nov 2019, 20:14
Great idea. Voted.

According to the poll, 2 people received rejections after the psych/medical. Does anyone know when those emails went out?

Don't suppose it's possible to add an option to the poll for anyone who was offered a place so we might have some idea when offers are going out again?

boing797
17th Nov 2019, 20:28
Unfortunately I can't edit the poll since it's already live. Hopefully whoever gets an offer next will post the news here.

shamrock301
17th Nov 2019, 20:29
I haven’t heard since the online assessments. Not really sure where that leaves me.

Bravo53559
17th Nov 2019, 21:58
While I like the idea of the poll, we should all keep two things in mind:
Not everyone involved in the process is here on PPrune. We actually have no idea how many of the candidates are represented here. As no one has previously commented saying they were invited to or completed the medical, and as we know 12 people have already been selected for the programme, it is possible there is only a small percentage of the remaining candidates represented here. However, it is also possible that a majority of the remaining candidates ARE represented here. We simply don't know.
Not all candidates who are, or were, active on PPrune will want to provide updates if successful or as they progress through the process. Again, as we haven't seen any comments from those already selected, it is possible Aer Lingus may have successful candidates sign an NDA. Or people may simply feel there is no point in engaging in further discussion if they are successful.
I make the above points because I have at times forgotten that all candidates may not be represented here and so we may not be seeing a full view of the process or who are still waiting to hear back.

Regarding the new advertisement, this is just speculation on my part but it is possible that Aer Lingus does not have a sufficient number of candidates for the next intake in February 2020. Some employers, especially those hiring for positions with a high salary or training cost, do not simply select the required number of hires from the candidates who have applied (i.e. "best of the bunch"). If the current batch of candidates do not meet certain requirements or minimum scoring, the employer must seek additional candidates who do meet the requirements/scoring.

What we do know for certain (directly from Aer Lingus) is:
There is another group being selected for a February 2020 start.
Anyone who hasn't got a rejection following the assessment centre in September is "still being reviewed".
The fact that we haven't been rejected yet can only be a good thing, at least for now. The waiting is excruciating and stressful but I think it's worth it in the end if it means good news. And as the saying goes, if you're not in, you can't win!

If you're still waiting to hear, stay positive and keep everything crossed!

Thanks for attending my TedTalk!

ComplyWithMe
18th Nov 2019, 09:47
Hi guys,

There was an open evening held in DCU on the day they reopened for applications with the only exclusion being final year students. It appears they are doing one last drive aimed towards university students (as it was sent to other universities as well) year 1 to 3.

Ive reapplied anyway even though I was unsuccessful after the psych tests. 😀

https://www.dcu.ie/careers/events/2019/Nov/Aer-Lingus-2020-Future-Pilot-Programme-Open-Evening.shtml

boing797
20th Nov 2019, 06:11
Hi guys,

There was an open evening held in DCU on the day they reopened for applications with the only exclusion being final year students. It appears they are doing one last drive aimed towards university students (as it was sent to other universities as well) year 1 to 3.

Ive reapplied anyway even though I was unsuccessful after the psych tests. 😀

https://www.dcu.ie/careers/events/2019/Nov/Aer-Lingus-2020-Future-Pilot-Programme-Open-Evening.shtml

Best of luck to you! Keep us updated on any progress. If previous intakes are anything to go by, online assessment links could go out later this week.

Ruiz
20th Nov 2019, 07:41
Best of luck everyone! I applied, however I'm in my last year of University so if DCU's event is anything to go by it might not be looking for me. Still have my hopes up!

thisishomebrand
20th Nov 2019, 11:26
Online assessment is out, got til Saturday at 5pm to complete

Ruiz
20th Nov 2019, 11:38
Just received the invite for the online assessment too, best of luck everyone!