PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2019

Pages : 1 2 [3]

CMM92
20th Nov 2019, 12:37
Yep, just seen that. Here we go again.

Good luck to all those who have applied again and those still awaiting an answer.

Conjo
20th Nov 2019, 15:21
I applied for the intake earlier in the year, but got a rejection email a few months ago. Can I reapply now does anyone know? Or is game over for me until next time?

Port872
20th Nov 2019, 16:37
With a minimum of 25 people waiting to hear back after the psych/medical I think it's nearly safe to say those of us who haven't heard anything since the assessment centre interview are more than likely out of the running.

Then again, with the applications being open again last week god knows what is actually going on :rolleyes:

PPRuNeUser0207
20th Nov 2019, 20:39
Good luck to those reapplying. I find it odd it has reopened so soon. A shortage must be forecast!

ShamrockF
21st Nov 2019, 09:51
A shortage must be forecast!

In 2021 Aer Lingus plan to hire a large number of pilots. The two cadet schemes launched this year will help feed the 2021 numbers.

Av8rr
21st Nov 2019, 10:01
In 2021 Aer Lingus plan to hire a large number of pilots. The two cadet schemes launched this year will help feed the 2021 numbers.

Any definite source that they are already feeding for 2021??

PPRuNeUser0207
21st Nov 2019, 13:42
Has anyone from PPRuNe been offered a place on the courses next year?

Cheers

BuzzKill_91
21st Nov 2019, 18:38
According to the poll, 5 people received rejection emails after the psych interviews. Would anyone be willing to share when those emails went out if no positive ones have gone out yet?

km28
23rd Nov 2019, 08:54
How did people get on with the aptitude tests? Most went okay but I feel I didn't do great in the monitoring ability!

Shane_w77
23rd Nov 2019, 10:34
Anyone any idea as to when calls start going out ?

CMM92
23rd Nov 2019, 13:53
Hi again folks,

Just a reminder that the deadline is closing 5pm (GMT), this evening (23/11/2019), for those that haven’t completed it. I finished mine not too long ago now. Forgot how nerve-racking, that video interview is. 😂

Good luck to you all again. :ok:

Shane_w77
23rd Nov 2019, 13:55
Hi again folks,

Just a reminder that the deadline is closing 5pm (GMT), this evening (23/11/2019), for those that haven’t completed it. I finished mine not too long ago now. Forgot how nerve-racking, that video interview is. 😂

Good luck to you all again. :ok:

any idea when calls start going out ?

GPMC
23rd Nov 2019, 18:07
out of curiosity, for those that completed he assessments / interview over the last few days, was it the exact same format / interview questions as those sent out in Aug?

PPRuNeUser0207
23rd Nov 2019, 19:17
out of curiosity, for those that completed he assessments / interview over the last few days, was it the exact same format / interview questions as those sent out in Aug?

Yes, the video interview questions were slightly varied

PPRuNeUser0207
25th Nov 2019, 15:54
Can anyone tell me where the last assessment centre was held?

BuzzKill_91
25th Nov 2019, 17:20
Can anyone tell me where the last assessment centre was held?

Carlon hotel at Dublin airport

PPRuNeUser0207
26th Nov 2019, 22:49
Thanks a million!

kal254
28th Nov 2019, 10:42
Anyone from the 27 waiting to hear back from physc interviews hear anything postive?

shamrock_f22
29th Nov 2019, 07:26
Anyone from the 27 waiting to hear back from physc interviews hear anything postive?
Nothing yet

PPRuNeUser0207
29th Nov 2019, 09:31
Nothing yet

Nothing back from this new campaign either

Av8rr
2nd Dec 2019, 13:47
Anyone get a rejection email today?

Shane_w77
2nd Dec 2019, 13:50

No not yet have you ?

Zizijet
2nd Dec 2019, 14:44
Still nothing from my side ...
Did you receive the "fatal" email from Aer Lingus? I hope not !!

SarahStarrr
2nd Dec 2019, 15:16
Nothing yet, have they started going out?

PPRuNeUser0207
2nd Dec 2019, 15:19

Nope. Did you?

km28
2nd Dec 2019, 16:14
I would be surprised if we got a reply so soon. I was predicting hearing before Xmas and then interviews in the new year?

SarahStarrr
2nd Dec 2019, 18:24
I would be surprised if we got a reply so soon. I was predicting hearing before Xmas and then interviews in the new year?
I went to the information evening regarding this round of recruitment and they said that they intend getting the interviews done before Christmas

BuzzKill_91
2nd Dec 2019, 19:01
For the June people waiting to hear back after the psych interview, invitations to the medical starting going out last week it seems.
Best of luck to all still waiting.

shamrock_f22
3rd Dec 2019, 04:51
Yep invitation to medicals being given although expect little to no notice. Not sure why they think people are sat around without anything else to do but anyway, progress at last!
​​​​​

FFfrusciante
3rd Dec 2019, 14:20
Yep invitation to medicals being given although expect little to no notice. Not sure why they think people are sat around without anything else to do but anyway, progress at last!
​​​​​

I don't know why the notice is so short but I do know that the AMC they use has a waiting list all the way into April next year, so perhaps Aer Lingus are given last minute cancellation spots and that's where the mad rush comes in.

shamrock_f22
3rd Dec 2019, 14:38
I don't know why the notice is so short but I do know that the AMC they use has a waiting list all the way into April next year, so perhaps Aer Lingus are given last minute cancellation spots and that's where the mad rush comes in.
Yeah possible but poor planning Tbh. I mean for people who work in industry being asked in the middle of the day if you can make it to a day long medical the very next day is a big ask - not because they don't want to but because of the position it puts you in with your employer

PPRuNeUser0207
3rd Dec 2019, 15:07
It's all very strange. The new applicants haven heard a peep either.

Good luck to those getting medicals. Please keep us informed if you ink the page!

Bravo53559
3rd Dec 2019, 17:08
So I got the dreaded rejection email yesterday. It was sent from their applicant tracking system so I can only assume other unsuccessful candidates got rejections yesterday too.

Also, I’ve heard that Aer Lingus have instructed successful candidates not to comment on this thread. I honestly can’t understand the deliberate mystery around this whole process!

Anyway, the field has now narrowed so best of luck to those of you still waiting or completing medicals. Remember, it ain’t over til it’s over!

PPRuNeUser0207
3rd Dec 2019, 18:09
So I got the dreaded rejection email yesterday. It was sent from their applicant tracking system so I can only assume other unsuccessful candidates got rejections yesterday too.

Also, I’ve heard that Aer Lingus have instructed successful candidates not to comment on this thread. I honestly can’t understand the deliberate mystery around this whole process!

Anyway, the field has now narrowed so best of luck to those of you still waiting or completing medicals. Remember, it ain’t over til it’s over!

What stage did you get rejected from? Was it post interview or had you applied for the new competition.

Ruiz
3rd Dec 2019, 18:19

Sorry to hear that, Bravo. Hope you've got better luck next time!

What stage did you get rejected from? Was it post interview or had you applied for the new competition.
Post interview from what I can tell

Bravo53559
3rd Dec 2019, 21:08

Rejected post-interview from the June group.

PPRuNeUser0207
3rd Dec 2019, 21:36

Sorry to hear! Best of luck for the future!

ComplyWithMe
4th Dec 2019, 09:01
damn I’m so sorry! Thanks for updating us all.

shamrock301
4th Dec 2019, 12:01
I got called today for the assessment centre next Thursday 12th. I didn’t apply the second time round and hadn’t heard anything after the online assessments in June/July.

gregc320
4th Dec 2019, 13:03
Was this for the most recent program opened 2 weeks ago?

sierralima320
4th Dec 2019, 13:33
If you read again shamrock301 was referring to June's campaign. As it seems, nobody who has applied for the second campaign has heard anything yet! (unless theres someone on here who has?)

sierralima320
4th Dec 2019, 14:27
Was this for the most recent program opened 2 weeks ago?
Hi, if you read that post again you’ll see Shamrock301 was referring to June/July campaign. By the looks of it, applicants for the most recent camping are yet to hear anything, good or bad (unless somewhere here has?)

shamrock_f22
4th Dec 2019, 16:18
I got called today for the assessment centre next Thursday 12th. I didn’t apply the second time round and hadn’t heard anything after the online assessments in June/July.
Wow that's pretty amazing. Best of luck to you!

shamrocky
5th Dec 2019, 07:00
I did a bit of digging yesterday as I was flying with the right person. Application numbers are massive and require a lot of detailed analysis. They are also running aDEP process at the same time. Over 6000 applicants between them!!! Cadet interviews over the next two weeks are a mix of the last two processes. Course are in March 20. If you haven't been contacted you are still in with a shout. Good luck to all.

SliabhLuachra
5th Dec 2019, 10:33
Calls started yesterday for the latest cadetship round.

sierralima320
5th Dec 2019, 10:42
Did you receive one for the latest round? I’ve only heard of people who were maybe in holding after online tests from last campaign being contacted.

PPRuNeUser0207
5th Dec 2019, 12:04

Did you get the call for the November applicantion?

SliabhLuachra
5th Dec 2019, 12:15
Did you get the call for the November applicantion?

My friend did yes. The latest cadetship opening ie. Nov just gone

330pil
5th Dec 2019, 13:34
I did a bit of digging yesterday as I was flying with the right person. Application numbers are massive and require a lot of detailed analysis. They are also running aDEP process at the same time. Over 6000 applicants between them!!! Cadet interviews over the next two weeks are a mix of the last two processes. Course are in March 20. If you haven't been contacted you are still in with a shout. Good luck to all.

hmmm interesting. I’ve talked to 3 different EI pilots I know, and all had said the same thing , next one is starting in feb not ‘March’ but anyway . With 20 spaces on the course . I’m still waiting to hear back myself , haven’t gotten the rejection email . Good luck if you applied too

PPRuNeUser0207
5th Dec 2019, 22:24
Put simply, this is excellent marketing for a large Airline. Unfortunantly, its a business & businesses are out to make profit. They're one of the only Airlines to cover all costs for a Trainee Pilot, this is excellent publicity and a fraction of the cost of getting the airline name out there.
Don't get me wrong, I absoultly admire the Airline for doing this, for whatever reason, ultimately they are pioneering a way that has long since been forgotten. Yes they could do better in how they treat potential employees, however given the majority of training regimes for wannabe Pilots, most cadet programmes can only be described as putrid!

I don't think Aer Lingus need to do much marketing. As for the training. Cadets will repay the majority of the costs through a reduced salary bond.

I agree that most other programmes are terrible. So credit to Aer Lingus on this one.

sierralima320
6th Dec 2019, 10:43
Anyone heard anything today?

Aviationaddict
6th Dec 2019, 15:16
Anyone else get a call? Dying to know if I got past the aptitude tests

PPRuNeUser0207
6th Dec 2019, 15:59
Ladies and gentlemen. If anyone who applied in November 2019 has received an assessment date could you please reply below.

Thanks!

Redmo
6th Dec 2019, 16:12
I got the call today after applying in the November round

ShrannyToon
6th Dec 2019, 20:27
I got the call! Delighted. Got it yesterday. Applied for the newer cadetship just gone in november

PPRuNeUser0207
7th Dec 2019, 08:26
I got the call! Delighted. Got it yesterday. Applied for the newer cadetship just gone in november

Great news, what date?

ShrannyToon
7th Dec 2019, 09:55
Great news, what date?

Monday 16th of Dec. Anyone else? And what about how the day goes?

Mariagrazia
8th Dec 2019, 08:53

ShrannyToon clear you inbox/outbox so that I can send you a message :)

==========================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

PPRuNeUser0207
8th Dec 2019, 10:45

Clear your inbox I can't PM you back

ShrannyToon
8th Dec 2019, 10:45
Clear your inbox I can't PM you back

Thanks fixed it there

=========================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

Jammysticks
8th Dec 2019, 17:06
Monday 16th as well! Delighted :)

Zizijet
9th Dec 2019, 08:44
Got a call from the recruitment team last Wednesday, next round of assessments this Wednesday 11th in Dublin !!!

shamrock301
9th Dec 2019, 08:59
Does anyone have any details on the assessment centre? I.e. format, layout etc.. would be hugely appreciated.

PPRuNeUser0207
9th Dec 2019, 14:30
Does anyone have any details on the assessment centre? I.e. format, layout etc.. would be hugely appreciated.

Two group stages, if you are successful at those you get an interview in the afternoon.

Aviation dreamer
9th Dec 2019, 15:43
has anyone who applied in the November opening received a rejection yet?

SarahStarrr
9th Dec 2019, 15:46
has anyone who applied in the November opening received a rejection yet?
Not yet but I'm not really holding out hope any more as a good few people have already received calls for assessment centres this week and next.
I think next step is rejection emails which should start coming out by the end of this week.

SliabhLuachra
9th Dec 2019, 15:59
Not yet but I'm not really holding out hope any more as a good few people have already received calls for assessment centres this week and next.
I think next step is rejection emails which should start coming out by the end of this week.

just FYI for anyone waiting - I only got “offered” 1 day by HR ie. there were only c.20 places left, and that was Thursday afternoon. Sorry folks but just so ye aren’t waiting for ages to find out, I’d be doubtful many more calls are being made.

SarahStarrr
9th Dec 2019, 16:01
just FYI ago anyone waiting - I only got “offered” 1 day by HR ie. there were only c.20 places left, and that was Thursday afternoon. Sorry folks but just so ye aren’t waiting for ages to find out, I’d be doubtful many more calls are being made.

Sounds about right! I look forward to my third rejection 😂 I'll just try again next year 🙏🏼

PPRuNeUser0207
9th Dec 2019, 16:08
You're still in until that email.

PPRuNeUser0207
9th Dec 2019, 16:57
Sounds about right! I look forward to my third rejection 😂 I'll just try again next year 🙏🏼

There are more assessments on Monday 16th.

smamrock320
9th Dec 2019, 22:25
Hi,

I have my assessment on Wednesday, I have no flying experience.

does anyone have any tips how to prepare for the flight crew interview?

cheers and best luck!

ComplyWithMe
10th Dec 2019, 07:58
You're still in until that email.
They stated on the November application that because of the volume of applicants they won’t be sending out rejection mails and basically if you don’t hear back within four weeks then you haven’t been selected.

SliabhLuachra
10th Dec 2019, 08:43
Hi,

I have my assessment on Wednesday, I have no flying experience.

does anyone have any tips how to prepare for the flight crew interview?

cheers and best luck!

Dont worry about that, neither do i and there are people every year who don't have experience and get through.

Just get to know the company itself, what its looking for, stats about the company, basic aerodynamics for aircraft and parts of an aircraft and the types of aircraft Aer lingus fly. Nothing too technical apparently from what i've been told.

PPRuNeUser0207
10th Dec 2019, 11:13
They stated on the November application that because of the volume of applicants they won’t be sending out rejection mails and basically if you don’t hear back within four weeks then you haven’t been selected.

That was stated on the initial reply when you applied and not on the reply after the assessments. Those who got through the initial screening stage were then invited to do the online assessments.

Anyone who was not invited to online assessments will not hear back. Those who completed the assessments will either get a phone call or a rejection email.

FFfrusciante
10th Dec 2019, 14:48
There are 30 pages to this thread, those who keep asking about what to expect just need to flick back to the start of this topic and you'll see it's all been answered before.

ComplyWithMe
10th Dec 2019, 17:29
That was stated on the initial reply when you applied and not on the reply after the assessments. Those who got through the initial screening stage were then invited to do the online assessments.

Anyone who was not invited to online assessments will not hear back. Those who completed the assessments will either get a phone call or a rejection email.

almost everyone gets invited for online assessments! If someone doesn’t get an online assessment then you definitely won’t be getting a call to do them after the fact!! It was fairly clear in their application I thought!

PPRuNeUser0207
10th Dec 2019, 17:57
almost everyone gets invited for online assessments! If someone doesn’t get an online assessment then you definitely won’t be getting a call to do them after the fact!! It was fairly clear in their application I thought!

Read back of the emails you have received in order. People may apply without meeting minimum criteria etc.

sierralima320
10th Dec 2019, 18:18
For those of us who've applied in the latest (nov) campaign and haven't heard anything, I reckon its pretty safe to say a rejection email will be sent in the coming weeks.

The 4 week window of no reply and assuming unsuccessful is only applicable to those who did not recieve an invite to the online assesments. It's pretty clear in the email.

To those attending assesment days in the coming days/weeks, goodluck!

Hoperfully those of us still waiting to hear something after assesments will be put out of our misery soon!

SliabhLuachra
11th Dec 2019, 07:36
Best of luck to those starting today:ok:

let us know how how ye get on!

shamrock_f22
11th Dec 2019, 08:01
Anyone heard back yet after their medical?

martymcfly8
11th Dec 2019, 09:02
Hi,

Has anybody from the July group that did the psychological interview still not heard anything? I heard rejection emails went out last week however I’m still in limbo.

thanks!

Hi,

I did my psych interview a bit more than one month ago and haven’t had any news. I heard people who were waiting since the assessment in September had had rejection emails but didn’t hear it for post psych people.

CeilingFAN
11th Dec 2019, 22:16
Soooo...

On the assessment day, is the lunch free?

Asking for a friend :p

shamrock_f22
12th Dec 2019, 05:06
Soooo...

On the assessment day, is the lunch free?

Asking for a friend :p
No, the hotel food isn't tesco cheap or uber delicious either. Expect to pay about 20 euro from what I recall. There aren't too many alternatives nearby so if you make it past lunchtime you're best off sticking around.

SliabhLuachra
13th Dec 2019, 12:25
How was the assesment for those of you that did it so far??

CMM92
13th Dec 2019, 15:32
I'm guessing, for those who haven't heard yet (myself included), from the 'November Application' will receive a rejection email soon?

SarahStarrr
13th Dec 2019, 15:56
I'm guessing, for those who haven't heard yet (myself included), from the 'November Application' will receive a rejection email soon?
Yeah I'm in the same boat myself. Expecting it any day now.

PPRuNeUser0207
13th Dec 2019, 20:49
By the looks of it very few people who applied in November got called and a lot of people who applied in the summer got called. I wouldn't be surprised if they run another assessment centre in January.

Don't expect to hear before Christmas anyway. Good luck to those doing the assessments.

sierralima320
14th Dec 2019, 01:03
JumpSeat_M - If nothing else, you’ve instilled some sort of hope for us Nov & no word applicants! Here’s to hoping your not wrong.

Best of luck to all of those undertaking assessments in the coming days!

BuzzKill_91
17th Dec 2019, 09:43
Anyone else from the June group get the call for a medical yet?

Was yesterday the last day of Group assessments for the November group, or are they still ongoing?

Jammysticks
17th Dec 2019, 13:40
From what I have heard, today is the last day of the November-entry assessments. They ran from last Wednesday to today.

ShrannyToon
17th Dec 2019, 13:55

Was yesterday the last day of Group assessments for the November group, or are they still ongoing?

Dupe post !! Apologies

ShrannyToon
17th Dec 2019, 15:42

today was the last day :)

SliabhLuachra
17th Dec 2019, 19:45

They said that today was the last day. Incredible calibre of people there on the day I attended. It's just such a fierce competition really and they really do put a lot of effort into selecting the right people. Nice to see young people, old people and men and women all mixed up. Enjoyed the day a lot.

Ruiz
17th Dec 2019, 19:53
They said that today was the last day. Incredible calibre of people there on the day I attended. It's just such a fierce competition really and they really do put a lot of effort into selecting the right people. Nice to see young people, old people and men and women all mixed up. Enjoyed the day a lot.

100% agree with you, it was somehow a nerve-racking yet enjoyable and exciting day. Incredible selection too, enjoyed meeting so many like-minded people.

sierralima320
18th Dec 2019, 19:56
For anyone still waiting to hear after Nov assessments - I received my PFO email just after 4pm this afternoon.

shamrock_f22
18th Dec 2019, 20:00
For anyone still waiting to hear after Nov assessments - I received my PFO email just after 4pm this afternoon.
Sorry to hear, best of luck with whatever you do next and keep an eye out for the next round!

SarahStarrr
18th Dec 2019, 20:01
Ah I'm sorry to hear that. I'm waiting on mine now.

Petehen
19th Dec 2019, 18:59
Sorry about that. Was that for the online assessment or in person assessment?

sierralima320
19th Dec 2019, 23:03
Sorry about that. Was that for the online assessment or in person assessment?
It was for stage 1 online assessment.

km28
20th Dec 2019, 10:29
I just received my PFO email after sitting the group assessment and interview last week, best of luck to all still in the running!

matteo3
20th Dec 2019, 23:23
Also did the stage 1 online assessment and have still not gotten a reply back, and with next week being christmas not sure what to expect now

BuzzKill_91
28th Dec 2019, 12:26
I suppose no one has heard anything in the last week or two? When do you reckon there may be more news...next week or January I suppose? February is getting close to allow us to give the 4 weeks notice period...

GPMC
30th Dec 2019, 07:32
I suppose no one has heard anything in the last week or two? When do you reckon there may be more news...next week or January I suppose? February is getting close to allow us to give the 4 weeks notice period...

I was part of the summer group and completed my interview / assessment day in September. I got PFO email on Friday 20th December. Best wishes to all still in the mix

SarahStarrr
31st Dec 2019, 09:54
Got my PFO this morning after the November online assessments. Best of luck to everyone still in the running.

BuzzKill_91
6th Jan 2020, 22:22
Sorry to hear that, for the folks who received the dreaded rejection letters. Keep the faith and with this year's experience, I'm sure you'll nail it next year!

Did anyone else receive some good news since Christmas?

smamrock320
8th Jan 2020, 13:09
BuzzKill

Got a rejection email 5 days after the interview but was told it would be end of Jan before they would decide!!

BuzzKill_91
9th Jan 2020, 12:34
Sorry to hear that smamrock. I applied 4 time before I made it past the panel interview, so I can promise that you really learn something from the experience each time that will help you to progress to the next stage next time around. Keep the faith and hopefully there will be another one in the summer!

Were you in the latest November intake? I don't suppose they gave you guys any more information such as start dates or how many classes or positions they would have or anything?

Thanks a lot, and blue skies for the future!

BravoSierra90
9th Jan 2020, 21:46
Hello everyone,

Do you think that Aer Lingus will run another draft for 2020?
thanks

Ruiz
10th Jan 2020, 06:35
Hello everyone,

thanks
Although it's not confirmed, the chances are extremely high.

BuzzKill_91
20th Jan 2020, 13:02
Any updates folks? I heard that some more medicals took place over the last week or two?

SliabhLuachra
21st Jan 2020, 08:53
Hello everyone,

thanks

They told us on the assesment days they would open it again for 2020 in May but nothing's set in stone til it happens I guess.

ROSSO7263
7th Feb 2020, 12:23
Hi all,
I was wondering with the cadet program is it better to have a ppl to get in or do they want completely new pilots. Any help would be very good thanks.

BuzzKill_91
8th Feb 2020, 09:26
Hi all,
I was wondering with the cadet program is it better to have a ppl to get in or do they want completely new pilots. Any help would be very good thanks.

From what I can tell, the only thing they really want to see is that you have done at least a couple of hours or orientation flights to prove that you are interested and comfortable in a small plane. I know people who have gotten the cadetship with a PPL and were in the same class as people who had only done one or two introduction flights, so dont think it's either necessary or frowned upon really to have a PPL. Once you can prove its your passion and not just a whim then you'll be fine!

smoggy68
1st Aug 2022, 08:31
I realise this thread has not been used for sometime but I’m wondering if the cadets have been reinstated following Covid?
I’m aware easy jet cadets are back and BA cadets are still in a holdpool.

A320LGW
1st Aug 2022, 16:00
The major difference between the easyjet + ba cadets and the aer lingus cadets is that aer lingus spend 120k+ on them. I wouldn't go as far as to say they'll never bring it back though.

CruiseMonkey
2nd Aug 2022, 11:31
Yes. I believe that cadets have been reinstated.

smoggy68
2nd Aug 2022, 17:15
Yes. I believe that cadets have been reinstated.
Thanks for the info.

ShrannyToon
8th Aug 2022, 14:43
Is it realistic that this could come back in 2023/2024 for anybody in the know?